So eight years on, is it really as bad as they say?

So eight years on, is it really as bad as they say?

Attached: Other M,.jpg (256x353, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sacrulen.com/2017/01/15/42/
youtube.com/watch?v=AtGxPIhCg5I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

blowing shit up with the diffusion beam is cool

No

Would have been gun with manual dodges

No because it's somehow worse

For the eighth year in a row.
YES.

No. Its still a painfully generic game and a stain on the series.

Could probably fix the glaring issues with a Switch port
>Better graphics and textures
>Fixed controls
>Remove the babby easy health/missile regen button
>Not restrict upgrades for story reasons
Shame the story is unsalvagable though.

Nah. But I feel it reinforced Nintendo's stupid mentality of not giving their characters any development or personality.
Making Samus a crybaby was retarded. It's the same as making Link a wuss who hates adventuring.

Had some neat gameplay ideas, and the basic concept of a 2.5d/3rd person Metroid game is still cool. Ultimately doesn't do a whole lot with those gameplay ideas though

Also the story is god awful but that goes without saying

Attached: SilkyCorruptArgali-max-1mb.gif (360x203, 860K)

sacrulen.com/2017/01/15/42/

>So eight years on, is it really as bad as they say?
They fucked up the controllers and everything bad about the story could had been fixed if Metroid other M should had been a prequel. It was a competent action focused Metroid game, but there's tons of problems with the voice acting, translations and the unwanted first person mode. If it had classic control or nunshuck support the game would had been the worst metroid game (until that point) but instead of hated it would just be ignored and considered bland.

nope, it's great

I found the gameplay to be several times worse than the story. I'll never get why people act like this shit was acceptable.

it's a worse version of modern naughty dog games, so yes it's fucking awful

also map design would still be complete trash

This

Why would it get better with time? It still
>has shitty controls & awkward switching between 1st and 3rd person view
>no exploration
>shitty story
>looks like ass
>recycled content
>DUDE ridley is a chicken lmao !!!!!!!

They probably should have stuck to strictly 2D gameplay. Those big open areas you can only run around in 4 directions are awkward as fuck.

Unironically like the suit design and all the animations they made for it. Shame they're not in a better game

Attached: tumblr_p50zoaVIyo1w532cto1_400.gif (400x221, 160K)

It will never not be a bad game.
The gameplay itself was passable but absolutely generic, nothing that couldn't have been done in the decade before its release, in fact older games did better with less budget and computing power. The level design while not broken was boring.

However, the visuals are generally bad, for comparison, look at Metroid Prime, a game released one generation earlier. That game oozed charm. Other M does not, most of the areas are generic and unmemorable.

There were no new powerups save for the diffusion beam, which itself was not entirely new; Fusion had diffusion missles which were implemented better.

The bosses were either generic or nostalgia bait.
Ridley's second form in particular looked retarded. His final form looked off, it simply isn't our favorite dragon. The fact that they made his first form a bird gremlin is so bad it's laughable. Seriously, it was retarded, I don't know how they came up with it. Was it Sakamoto?

Attached: 1282204753626.jpg (1364x812, 657K)

It's fucking awful. Like so fucking bad.

Bad opinion.

youtube.com/watch?v=AtGxPIhCg5I

this

it's the gameplay that's the real culprit, it's entirely automated restrictive cinematic garbage

it has forced slow walking sections ffs

Why would you revive the thread, you know it's just going to lead to rampant shitposting
Other M suit is better designed than anything in Samus Returns and has much better animations

Attached: samus_proof_of_concept_kneel_by_skinofthemoon-d4xdwyi.gif (150x130, 46K)

Not really. It's actually even worse.

Yes