How do you feel about getting a new Switch revision so soon?

Attached: nibel.png (480x492, 85K)

>eurogamer source
>is wall street journal that confirmed none of those
>wall street article itself isn't sourced, it's an analyst prediction
>somehow people are currently expecting nintendo to make a direct about those 2 systems next week despite having 0 evidence in the universe going that way

>Eurogamer
Gematsu had the news out last week

I don't care, history will repeat itself and only like 5 games will be made exclusively for the more powerful revision and then no developer will give a fuck
I'll keep my current Switch forever, I have no reason to buy any other model

We'll see the new stuffs and prices first.

Spec don't matter. What would actually be nice is a decent fucking screen, preferably oled. And smaller bezels

Would could actually use a complete reimagining are the joycons. They're fucking awful as is. But I doubt those would change at all unfortunately

Was/is gonna happen sooner or later.
Personally I don't really care, every time they say "oh this hardware revision will have games exclusive to it due to its specs" and then it turns out it's only one game, so whatever.

>>eurogamer source

Eurogamer sources are legit

>>is wall street journal that confirmed none of those

When?

>>wall street article itself isn't sourced, it's an analyst prediction

It's not, it's backed up by a Japanese journalist and his sources

>>somehow people are currently expecting nintendo to make a direct about those 2 systems next week despite having 0 evidence in the universe going that way

No one is expecting that

I'm personally more into the idea of handheld only model but I'll probably buy both eventually.

>Eurogamer sources are legit
Go be a blind fanatic somewhere else, bootlicker.

I really fucking doubt the Switch Pro is powerful enough to even have games the current Switch wouldnt be able to run. And it doesnt make any sense business wise to even do Switch pro exclusives.

The "New" version had better have a big jump in power in order to be worth it. I'm guessing it'll release at 500 and drop down to 400 by the end of 2021

>>Eurogamer sources are legit
>Go be a blind fanatic somewhere else, bootlicker.

Eurogamer literally leaked correctly that Switch was a tablet with attached controllers months before release

Mochizuki from WSJ Japan is usually on point with his news.

Also we're already into year 3 so it's actually appropriate time for a revision.

Like the picture in OP said, it's gonna be a 3DS to New 3DS deal, games will run slightly better on the new model and a handful of games will be made exclusively for the more powerful version to make use of whatever increase in power it may have.
Unless the games they make exclusively are extremely good I wouldn't advise buying another Switch when the base model is good enough.

I would like a non handheld switch. I'm a techlet but I assume a lot of the system cost is for the screen/portability mode. Paying more for substandard performance compared to it is when docked is counterintuitive.

>year 3

More like year 2

>Year 1 March 2017-March 2018
>Year 2 March 2018-March 2019
April is Monday user.

>will be made exclusively for the more powerful version to make use of whatever increase in power it may have.
As I said that doesnt makr sense business wise. By the time it releases they will already be like what 35 million Switches in the wild.
Nit only would it cost more for the masses but it wouldnt be that powerful since it's still fucking mobile architecture. Doubt the gap will be as big than 3DS to new 3DS desu.

"""Handheld""" one will be the current Switch minus the dock. Eventually becomes the standard version.
Pro version will have a 1080p screen and a bit more power to have docked specs in handheld mode.
Screencap this.

This fucking rumor has had more revisions in the last 2 years than the switch has.

>people didn't see this coming

I don't know about the more powerful model but the portable only model was obvious, seriously everyone uses their Switch in portable mode than the home mode

>switch
>aimed at enthusiasts
enthusiasts of what?

at least handheld it's like a 4" screen rather than your hdtv so the handheld graphics are more tolerable

And much would that shit cost? 400?lmao

I'm guessing the handheld only model won't have detachable joycons

>twitter screencap
Die
Jannies won't ban this thread btw, they love this zoomershit

Somewhat excited. Me and my wife already went halvsies on one for us which will become hers if Metroid Prime 4 releases with it's own Switch Model. I have my fingers crossed that not only will there be a MP4 themed Switch, but that it will be this enthusiast model.

Attached: 1535730702460.jpg (523x352, 56K)

That's basically impossible since a lot of games require joycons. And as a concept the Switch is essentially the joycons, not the tablet.

Wasn't he the one the one that confirmed the existence of the DSi independently from Yea Forums?

>enthusiasts of what?
Technology? Videogames? Collectors?
It's like asking why people keep buying every new phone that comes out, people love to have the most technologically advanced thing that's available to purchase.

If you guys want to know this shit will be revealed at e3. I'm screencapping a bunch of stuff to see how much you anons get right.

What the fuck is with nitendo kiddies and obsessing over leaks? No one else does this shit. Stop being autistic retards.

Why the fuck would you buy a more expensive Switch when the thing is already more expensive than it's worth? I could understand buying the cheap one but the Pro one? Eh why not just buy a PS4 Pro at this point...

Feels like my patience paying off.

Attached: 1549550126161.gif (461x346, 149K)

The 3DSXL was revealed on the Direct after E3 so...

I dunno, it seems right on time to me. Nintendo always does other models.

Does the PS4 Pro have Nintendo games on it?
Is the PS4 Pro able to be played independently of having a Television?
If your answer is no to any of these questions then I don't have to spell it out for you

Yeah, but if it was a choice to trade off for a cheaper model, I would sacrifice portability.

How likely is it that they're gonna release a Switch Pro with specs matching the PS4 and an additional device you plug in to the existing Switches to equal the Switch Pro?
In that case developers could port basically any game and the ~30mil units wouldn't be locked out of more demanding games.

Oh yeah, remember when the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube and the Wii U got different model

if you're a video game enthusiast you won't buy a switch you will step up to an adult console like a ps4 nintendo is for kiddies

buy used I got my switch for $100

This is bigger. Nintendo wants a more people to know and e3 still has a big reach. Also the xl isn't a big move.

NES got a top loader tho.

I think the perfect compromise they could make here without fucking over early adopters is making a better dock that boosts the graphical capabilities of the original Switch.

If smartphones had modular hardware figured out almost 4 years ago then Nintendo can do it too.

Nope
It’ll have 3DS slider pads for thinner look and 2 small buttons for L-R, ZL-ZR
150$ with 1 year of free NSO
200$ with Dock

>NES, SNES
The Toploader and the New Style SNES.

>N64, Gamecube
Those got a million different color variants.

>Wii U
It had 2 different versions right away.

400 for what is essentially a glorified handheld? Only you guys can defend this shit.

Sure would be neat if there any games to play

Technically yes
Limited editions are different models

Like a Pro version would matter. The next console is happening soon. I doubt Nintendo suddenly cares about keeping up with power.
Even then, how would they create a power increase that doesn't make it a flat out Switch 2?

I'll believe it when Nintendo makes an announcement. Getting tired of seeing new revision rumors getting hyped up every few weeks.

>Is the PS4 Pro able to be played independently of having a Television?
I run my ps4 headless and just stream it to my computer/vita

Same way X and Pro came about.

The original Switch is just fine. I hope that if they have a superior model coming out it won't have exclusive games like on the new3ds, that would really grind my gears.

this desu

didn't reggie say that nintendo didn't have any plans to release new hardware this year

If you're a videogame enthusiast you'll buy every version of every console that comes out

The N3DS didn't set the world on fire, so they won't. It probably is just the same model but including an SD card.

>DUDE A NINTENDO HANDHELD WILL GET A REVISION
Wow, really off the wall theory there, surely this will never come to pass

Gamecube had an actual different model that removed the digital AV port.

Eh. 99% of the games will be compatible with the old model anyway, so that ain't a huge deal as far I'm concerned.

Still sucks for all those who will buy the Switch mini + Xenoblade 2. Whoever gave that game's hanheld mode a thumbs up needs to be fired

>lend switch to gf
>get it back scratched up
Good time to trade in for the better model i guess
Gf and switch

Didn't know that. Cool.

How well did XC1 sell on the 3DS? If it didn't do that well then I doubt they might wanna try again

If Switch 2.0 plays the same games then it really won't matter to me. I'll get the handheld version to go with my Gameboy collection, and depending on how hackable it is it'll probably be my main emulation device.

The TWO models is the caveat I guess.
People have been saying they'd release a handheld or pro version but not two at the same time.

Glad I didn't adopt. Though new hardware isn't going to fix the problem of all its games being Wii U up-ports and Mario.

Which weren't that big power increases and very few games took advantage of it because they focused on the 4K meme.

no you won't. I'm a video game enthusiast and I only own like half the versions. I won't buy an atgames sega console for instance.

>Monster Hunter 4 ran more stable on N3DS and even looked better
>Generations locked on both system because Japs complained about special treatment
Watch this shit happen again.

i will definitely get the switch mini for emulation and whatnot. The switch is gonna be the master homebrew device in few years

only 3rd party games would be a problem. They could still customize motion controls in botw and oddysey to work likek the 3ds for example where you tilt your console or something

NONONONONI JUST SPENT MY WEEKS PAYCHECK ON A SWITCH THIS CANT BE FUCKING HAPPENING

Fine with me, I'll just grab the new one for multiplayer games since my hacked switch got banned. Even better if I don't need to get new joycons.

Where the fuck do you live where your paycheck is that shit. It costs 100 a week for food usually, and then you have gas and rent.

If I use a Switch in docked mode on a 720p HDTV, will I have a better framerate than running in 1080p? I mean, docked + 720p should be performing

>Enthusiasts
>For a video game
Holy shit.

But then you have shit like Pokemon Go, 1,2,Switch and Mario Party which just outright wouldn't work.