DAI GYAKUTEN SAIBAN/THE GREAT ACE ATTORNEY IS FINALLY OUT IN ENGLISH
scarletstudy.gq/2019/03/30/3ds-only-full-game-release-android-slightly-delayed/

>Game in jap
drive.google.com/uc?authuser&id=0B0WFcMkcDB2hS0p3NXFZaUNiVEE&export=download
>Patch
github.com/ScarletStudy/DGS1-3DS-Release/releases/tag/2.4.0
>Instructions
github.com/ScarletStudy/DGS1-3DS-Release

>Or for those who want to emulate the game on computer and are really lazy (greasy PCfaggots)
1-Download this link mega.nz/#F!OU0FlIpb!kbpzDZpfqoqwoxf2SCsMIw

2-Download the latest version of Citra, canary-build or nightly, just be sure it's a recent release like one month old at worst. Because they added an option to install CIA files meaning you can skip the part about converting the .CIA into a .3ds format.

3-Install the main CIA file via Citra

4-Install the patch file via Citra

5-Play it in glorious 60% speed

Android cracked .apk when?

Attached: Happy_Family.jpg (1366x897, 1.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

citra-emu.org/wiki/dumping-installed-titles/)
mediafire.com/file/xf0i4pwijnsz3wo/3DS Shared Data.zip
3ds.hacks.guide/
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:w4nTeM5ZCu0J:https://www.law360.com/articles/499343/sherlock-copyright-weaker-but-trademarks-still-afoot
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flare
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>scarletstudy
I'd rather learn japanese myself and play it untranslated than their butchered trash

>it's real

Elaborate

There was a bunch of drama a few years ago, I can't remember exactly what caused it but iirc it was something about the evidence pictures being localized to having english text, or inconsistencies with honorifics or something which turned into a screaming match between everyone on the team calling eachother faggots and saying the other side is wrong for not wanting to start from scratch and redo everything/keep what they have as a base and work from there to make fixes.
Discord channels got locked, people got forcibly removed from the team, the whole thing was nearly scrapped twice, and some of the Proofreaders (on the credits page, the list that starts with Asougi and ends with Tassu) were screenshotting what was happening and sharing with other Ace Attorney communities (as the scarletstudy discord group was invite only, so anyone who wanted progress reports but couldn't help translate were SoL until the anonymous kind proofreader shared screenshots) which is how I know of this

Sweet. Time to play.

Attached: cb310aabc8ab8e7d3241377d8628a88a.png (2894x4093, 3.5M)

I've never used Citra. I can't get this working. Am I fucking stupid or something? I know that it can't run cia files, but here's what I've been doing.
>Run Citra
>Install base (Japanese) cia
>Install patched cia (provided by others, I did not patch it myself)
>Try to run game
>Citra encounters fatal error
I don't really want to hack my 3DS for a single game but I know this can run on Citra. This seemed super simple, what the fuck is going on?

Attached: [Cornered].jpg (500x667, 37K)

You have a 3ds but haven't hacked it?

Why?

Attached: CqTph3pUkAANDsg.png orig.png (591x869, 546K)

Way too much effort for something I don't have a large interest in doing. The things available to me if I did hack it aren't things I would use.

Worst first case in the entire franchise. I hope the rest of the game is better.

lol no, 2-1 and 6-1 are way worse.

...and?

I've got it running just fine over here mate. Just make sure you're using a canary build and not the latest stable build. I also suggest you disable any resolution enhancements. Game seems to be a bit of a performance hog.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

5-1 and 6-1 are terrible as well

is there a prepatched cia I can just install on my 3ds? because isn't this the team that did fucky shit to make it only work with legit copies because th're a bunch of stuck up assholes?

I hacked my n3DS, it was so easy, free, and the instructions are simple and easy to follow. It took about an hour or so, and that's including any downloading downtime.
Come on. The 3DS is practically dead now, it's time to have a little fun with the corpse.

It does this.

I was going to wait for a prepatched cia if this continued, because I don't understand what is happening in the slightest.

Attached: fuck.png (2113x679, 96K)

>japanese characters
>look completely caucasian except for clothes

>pictures being localized with english text

The english picture text was always in evidence even in the original. It just had translations on the bottom screen in Japanese for obvious meta reasons

Not even close.
This game's first case is just so fucking boring and it drags forever and ever. It basically does everything people complain about with AAI's last case (constantly finding new increasingly stupid excuses to delay defeating the obvious culprit) only it's way less entertaining, and isn't the culmination of an entire arc.

Attached: extraterritorial rights.png (592x521, 319K)

Dunno but it might be that Citra needs some additional files to run correctly. I seem to recall it might need some 3DS system or firmware files dumped and loaded into the Citra installation somewhere.

But that was some time ago.

Does this still have copy protection that checks if you have the legit japanese version

Try launching the .app that is all zeroes. That's what I clicked on.

Agreed. The first case would be SO much fucking better if they didn't do the "destroys the wine" thing that extended the trial for a third freaking part and ended it there

That just says the ROM is encrypted and that I should follow instructions (citra-emu.org/wiki/dumping-installed-titles/) to redump it. I thought installing the cia was sufficient, was it not? Just fuck my shit up.

I haven't turned my 3DS in years, the 3DS doesn't have a custom firmware but runs one of those fancy flashcard you can run with cubic ninja, would I be able to play this?

Is the fantranslation good? Would it be just better to wait for an android APK? That sounds like a lot less hassle than dusting my 3DS off

>That just says the ROM is encrypted
mediafire.com/file/xf0i4pwijnsz3wo/3DS Shared Data.zip

Which link did you download from in the OP? I grabbed the mega link, installed the main game and then the .cia.

Is likely the issue.

Yeah, it was a real drag to get through. DGS2 improved on the matter

It's not even that long.
The second case is the real stinker, doesn't even have a trial.

Fuck that shit
Throw your card to the trash and hack the 3DS. It's so fucking fast and easy nowadays

Yeah, that did it, thanks. I have no idea why this was so difficult to find out was necessary.

Now I just need to tweak performance so that it isn't slowing down, which is another ballgame entirely.

>apologise

You're still using a Gateway Flash Cart?

You'd need to set up a proper custom firmware, but the good news is it's possible to set up any EmuNAND (Gateway or otherwise) as the primary SysNAND firmware on a hacked 3DS.

This hack requires Luma3DS CFW for their own official instructions, and it should be easy enough for you to set up.

3ds.hacks.guide/

Read the whole thing, don't skip anything.
Relevant to you:
>If you have already hacked your 3DS before and have an EmuNAND based CFW setup, just follow all instructions while on SysNAND. Replace any files that already exist. Your data will be transferred from EmuNAND to your new B9S install at the end. If you use menuhax, you should clear Home Menu’s extdata to remove it before beginning.

You can set it up so that you never need to use the Gateway card to launch in a CFW ever again. If you were actually loading 3DS roms off of the Gateway card itself though, you could still set it up to launch into a Gateway CFW just for that, but you don't exactly need it when you can just install all the .CIA files you want to a Luma3DS CFW.

The second case is COMPLETE ass

At least the Russian man was cute

I think they are using non-burger spellings. "Rumours" for example.

So is the fourth case.

"DUH THREW A KNIFE OUT A WINDOW" and the part with the policeman and his wife was the most padded padding ever

This game has some performance issues with Citra. Make sure to use native resolution. I think you can also disable the two "accurate" options under hardware shaders for a minor speedup.

DGS2 spoilers:
It's even worse because the second game nullifies it and in the end it only serves to get rid of Asougi for a while.

But still, I enjoyed both games. Not the best the series has to offer but not the worst either.

I just finished the original trilogy. What should I pursue after? Is there anything even worth it?

oh i agree it's like they knew the normal mystery wasn't enough to carry the case so they had to add the newlywed couple to add an extra plot point

Apollo Justice is actually not that bad. There is also the Edgeworth games.

There is a lot worth it.
You can play in release order or you can start with the two Edgeworth games, which chronologically happen right after Trials and Tribulations.
Apollo Justice is said to be the worst game but it's crucial in the story. Also even if some games are worse than others, solving the mysteries and all the stuff is always fun the first time.

Attached: 1536567864078.png (400x599, 173K)

I don't understand the reasoning as to why they add u's and replace 'z' with 's' in certain words even if they're pronounced the same.

Apollo's trilogy is worth it too.

AA4 suffers from the first case being the best case. The last case is also paradoxical in how it's structured and delivered.
AA5 suffers from being too easy with extremely limited investigations (cannot look at stuff that doesn't progress investigation).
AA6 has very interesting locations and scenarios, victim's memories, and wraps up Apollo's arc quite well.

That's what happens when your translators and playtesters are ALL ESL, and the 3 Americans were permanently banned from the project due to "drama"

original trilogy -> Ace attorney investigations 1 & 2 -> apollo trilogy

So did anyone try it yet? is it worth downloading or should I wait for better translation?

IS THERE AN ALREADY PATCHED CIA FILE TO INSTALL DIRECTLY WITH FBI? OR THE ONE THAT OP POSTED WORKS?

>wait for better translation
DUDE.

Doesn't seem bad so far unless non-american spellings bother you like .

The group doing the DGS games at the moment might revise the script if they're made aware of translation issues (literary references not being caught is a possible problem), but it's highly doubtful that other people are going to pop up to provide an alternative release from scratch.

Forgot to mention that AA5's DLC episode is really fucking good.
And AA6's DLC episode is only kinda okay.

welp guess I pick it up then, thanks anons

I've got autism, but not that much

How many moon knowers are here? Can anybody tell me why the serial killer was called the Professor if he wasn't a professor?

Namedropping? Is Lupa here?

Reminder.

Attached: 1519250201340.png (400x240, 81K)

Reminder.

Attached: DGS `fanslations`.png (400x240, 79K)

Based Payne

specs?

Actually it was an intentional choice to use British spellings to match the setting, nothing to do with ESL translators at all.

i3 7100 and GTX 1050ti. (I know, don't gotta remind me).

That said as said, upping the resolution has issues.

why does it emulate so poorly? did they fuck up the translation?
i basically run every other 3ds game full speed.
i7700k 1080ti 32gb ram

Attached: 19cdbc0b0de1a61388e7a69d9e85d348.jpg (732x1024, 188K)

Use native resolution. Citra has issues with the game if you upscale it.

Actually the setting is in America because canonically Ryunosuke (Phoenix's ancestor) pioneers his family law firm in Los Angeles after his adventures with Holmes and Susato, and that law firm is then passed on through generations until present day where it is the Wright & co. Law Offficer.

>fan translation of dubious quality is what brings back the AA hype
When will Capcom stop fucking things up

Attached: 1474646389962.gif (300x239, 1.12M)

Did they ever give a reason for why the DGS games never came out to the west?

>did they fuck up the translation?
US EOPs are mad because of "British spelling"

thanks for this op and thanks to everyone who worked on it

I have rxTools from back in the day and haven't bothered up change to Luma. Any chance this will get a regular .CIA version with the patch already applied so I can use it on my CFW?

The American setting is fucking embarrassing at this point. So glad I'm not an EOP.
>lol le burgers apollo xd

Legal issues, Sherlock Holmes is a copywrite so they'd have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get permissions to use his likeness in a video game.
It would probably cost more money than they'd make just getting those rights alone, not to mention the cost to translate and localize everything else.

This. I used this and all performance issues stopped.

So is there a way to get it to play at better then 60%?

Attached: 1525066949479.jpg (299x168, 8K)

Its been out since last year tho.
I have it here for months and played it for a bit.

>we have these old Japanese villages out in the mountains of LA that were established by immigrants
Okay, sure, it's Japanifornia-
>oh, and these supposedly ancient and legendary youkai also immigrated with them

MY DICK
thank you based OP for making this post and thank you based scarletstudy for translating

Shouldn't Sherlock Holmes be in the public domain by now?

Don't forget, tokusatsu shows about Ninjas and Samurais are what all the American kids love!

>record your playthrough
>speed up video
>100%

I heard this was actually pretty bad with a lousy cliffhanger ending

yeah this seems to fix it instantly
its a downer because the game upscaled looks pretty nice

Attached: the great ace attorney.png (1918x1007, 734K)

See

Does this make the translation worse in any way?

no, because they keep releasing new spinoffs which resets the timer on public domain

But Phoenix had no desire to become a lawyer until he was inspired by Miles, who was in turn inspired by his father Gregory.

It takes like 5 minutes tops to hack your 3DS you dumbass.

This user: is full of shit. Don't even bother reading his post. The real reason of why DGS never comes to the west, according to Capcom "certain issues that stops the game being ported over the west". In reality Capcom is fucking afraid because AAI1 fucking bombed so hard in the west so in thier mind anything that doesn't have Phoenix Wright in the west won't sell.

From what I've read, the Conan Doyle Estate is infamous for suing first and asking later. A lot of their lawsuits get turned down but Capcom probably didn't want to deal with that.
Also, the later Sherlock Holmes novels still aren't public domain, and some of the characters in them are referenced in DGS (for example, John Garrideb, who appears in both games).

Add this to the fact that the sales of Ace Attorney had been on decline in the west and that games not featuring Phoenix Wright as protagonist sell less.

Because the game revolves around British culture you mong

Glad people get to experience this game, if only wasn't so painfully mediocre though.

Because you're supposed to play both games in order to complete the whole picture. It's not like mainline or Investigations where games are essentially self-contained standalone plots aside from recurring characters.

DGS 1 is basically just one half of the story.

Well that does help the game so it's playable. The animated cutscenes still run like ass though.

Attached: 1529554006675.jpg (670x670, 43K)

>Guy bakes a cake
>Realizes after it's been in the oven for 5 minutes that he added rat poison instead of flour
>Pulls it out, scoops what he thinks is most of the rat poison with his hands, then pours in some flour to fill the holes
>Puts it back in the oven and calls it fine
Does this make the cake worse in any way?

The second and fourth case are bad, yeah, but the cliffhanger is only tangentially related to the final case. It serves to foreshadow the main mystery of the second game.

Wheres the 3ds rom? I dont like using CIA

East meets West is abig theme, so no localization chance to turn it into Japanifornia.

>implying we have a decent 3DS Emulator

>Food analogy

Why?

Nature of emulation.

>people still emulating 3DS games

Fucking hell. Buy a cheap 2DS and hack it. Citra is still fucking shit, you don't have access to nintendo's shitty online service and the touch controls are objectively better on the real hardware.

>IF YOU INSTALL THIS PATCHER TO THE FIRM PARTITION VIA GODMODE9, YOU WILL BRICK AND NEED A FLASHCARD TO RECOVER!

Like I'm going to risk losing all the games that I downloaded when freeshop was functional

>The obvious problem for authors and companies that want to use the character is that trademarks don't have the time limit copyrights do, and the estate — formally the Conan Doyle Estate Ltd. — claims common law control of “Sherlock Holmes” as a mark with a priority date all the way back in 1891 for many, many goods and services.
>According to U.S. Patent and Trademark Office documents, the estate claims rights to license the name for books, movies, computer games, board games, playing cards, "entertainment services," chess sets, puppets, mugs, and other merchandise and services.
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:w4nTeM5ZCu0J:https://www.law360.com/articles/499343/sherlock-copyright-weaker-but-trademarks-still-afoot
video games will face lawsuits, Crapcom doesn't have the time or money to hire lawyers and get brought to court.

Because Capcom doesn't think it will sell in the west because it doesn't have the PHOENIX WRIGHT name.

And now that the 3DS is dead, there is even less reason to localize DGS.

Our only hope now is that DGS 1+2 get ported to Switch and we get that version localized.

fucking plebs detected

Attached: maya burgers.png (1060x1500, 1.06M)

This isn't like the situation with Scarlet Study you described at all,your autistic screeching is caused by the people that would've put the rat poison in the cake,not yourself. The reasoning behind detesting something because it's made by certain people is retarded anyways. It's not like the game constantly says "HEY WE WERE INVOLVED IN DRAMA NOBODY GAVE A SHIT ABOUT" like games made by people with political biases.

Attached: 1553792505131.jpg (277x250, 40K)

>Not streaming your games

Attached: 1520113238056.png (709x533, 626K)

>person who has been waiting for a translation 4 years calling anybody a pleb

Attached: objected too hard.png (400x455, 169K)

I mean in general.

get a good computer
there's no reason to deal with shitty 3ds hardware anymore

Attached: doa.jpg (1916x1037, 683K)

Literally it's just telling you to not be a retard.

The Sherlock Holmes fact is not a issue, they can just go and change the name of Sherlock Holmes in a different way. It's just poor
exscuse. They don't want to risk to port it over here because they know that it'll probably flop.

The only hope is what this user says:
Regarding Scarletstudy, the problem is that initially they wanted to force everyone to buy the game by putting a drm into the patch, which luckily they decided to revert the decision.

But the shitposting against the drm decision was so glorious that some members of the team had to go into hiding.

Also, I hope you all playing it will enjoy it, but prepare to have blue balls by its ending.

who are you talking about?

DGS1 is bad even if you play DGS2

shut up, verin. go back to sucking cocks for cocain

Because the writers are British or want to give the script a certain flare,fuck if I know

It's spelled flair.

Can someone link me to an easy way to hack my n3ds

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flare

>being this much of a retard
I'm pretty sure that they only said that because godmode9 uses firm files and the patch itself is a firm file. People might assume that they're supposed to patch with godmode9 or something
You literally just

1. Place the fucking files in the root of your 3DS
2. Hold start while turning on the 3DS
3. Pick the fucking patch and not the fucking godmod9 option (misclicking won't make you brick by the way, you'll have to be a massive retard and go out of your way to brick in this step)
4. Install the new cia file and you're fucking done

shit do i really need to update to b9s. im so lazy ive been putting it off this whole time

Go to homebrew genreal on /vg/.

>No one know how to spell Flair

Woooooo!

Attached: Ric-Flair.jpg (734x434, 78K)

>he didn't Google "flair" first so he wouldn't make a fool of himself

>he didn't Google "flare" first so he wouldn't make a fool of himself

I'm the same way, I just fucking hate using my 3DS, I will avoid it if at all possible.

Let's see how well your "good" computer runs Luigi's Mansion 2.

>being afraid of making a fool of yourself on an anonymous Taiwanese cobwebbing forum

Attached: 1553718200095.png (631x710, 1003K)

>he didn't Google "donkey" first so he wouldn't sell a house for two of them

The 3DS is an uncomfortable, irritating piece of shit. I own one but I'd vastly prefer emulating games than playing anything on that piece of shit.

Luigis Mansion 2 blows dick.

Gina is so cute!

Just a side note, running Citra in fullscreen (F11) seems to help performance a bit more in my case, but it causes screen-tearing if you're willing to put up with that.

Attached: Capture.png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

i enable native resolution but it's still running at around 80%, what do

>That cliffhanger in Case 1 with the villain getting away with murder
>That absolute trash Case 2 and Case 4
>That obvious as fuck final Case 5
Only Case 3, the music and animations are good in this game. Just a fair warning

Attached: Blade.jpg (599x456, 36K)

If you're using the latest canary build then there's nothing you can do. Citra is pretty much abandoned at this point(all the actual devs moved to Yuzu) so don't get your hopes up on performance increasing in the future.

DOUGH DRAGONS MADE THIS

I mean, the music, character writing, animations, and general gameplay are *really* good. The cases are definitely mediocre to trash, but I think the game sells itself on the rest. It's really comfy.

Attached: aa cups.jpg (2048x1051, 199K)

Specs?

Using mocap for animations along with having actual transitions was the best decision ever.

Wow this game ran like ass on the newest version of citra, but after I grabbed this version the game runs perfect 60fps. Even the animated cutscenes no longer stutter and run at their proper framerate of 24.

If you're having issues try downgrading.

everything about the reasoning gimmick with holmes is fucking great
also my favourite ost from AA games, and AA games have top tier music every time

Yeah, the main thing is it really feels like a 3D space. I love some animations in DD and SoJ, but DGS really sells the idea that you're in this spot, looking at evidence and such, with people walking around objects and holding knives.

Case 3 and 5 are good. Not bombastic hyperdramatic stuff like the fanbase seems to expect every time, but good.

I wasn't really sold on case 3 as a whole. There's a few neat things in it and Megundal is intriguing, but there's a lot of drag (generally an issue with this game, I feel). Playing case 5 right now, I'm glad it's one of the better ones.

I don't care what anyone says, Joint Reasoning is easily the most stylish investigation/trial gimmick.

I don't think anyone disagrees, it's super fun and flashy
I thought the repetition of it would get boring, but I still get hyped when they happen

is there any way to apply the patch on my computer then installing the .cia file on my 3DS?

the finger snaps man
also i love the music transitions with the glass breaking

No, but you can download the mega in the OP and just use that

Is Citra heavy to run? Will my shitty asus laptop run it?

Just you wait until you get to the tapdancing.

I really like Susato, she feels really different from the other assistants. She could've been the protagonist in her own right, honestly. Yes, I know.

Attached: susato.gif (256x192, 511K)

Haven't touched my 3DS in years.

"Oh, I have to update my 3ds with the latest luma to play it? How hard could it be"

>download 100000000 things
>follow 10000000 instructions

Yeah, I'm out

You've got it mixed up.
The drama was about the patch having anti-piracy at first.
The first few cases were rewritten and reedited multiple times over, hardly sounds like a lazy team who wouldn't even bother editing evidence images.
Maybe you're thinking of a faggot who was around when the project only took off. He insisted of localizing the game instead of translating it, thing giving everyone English pun names and connecting the game to Japanifornia.

>hold select when you start the 3DS
>done
wew so hard

>giving everyone English pun names
I mean, for the actually English people this wouldn't have been bad. Cosney Megundal and Hurt Vortex are still fucking awful names.

I'm just following the guide here:

I got luma version 7.0.4 and it says to update it to 7.2 to play

Yes, which you do but holding select when you start the 3DS. That's how you update easily, or otherwise just use the Luma3DS updater which you have.

>Turn on 3DS
>Click your Luma
>Click Update
>Now you're on 7.2

Like I said I haven't turned that 3DS in years, there's really no game on it that interest me anymore and honestly hacking it again just sounds like a chore

>Make sure you see the Great Ace Attorney logo on the top screen before you proceed
I see GM9 and DGS Patch, but no logo. How did I fuck up?

Susato's a really great assistant. She's legitimately helpful, and has her own gimmicks to make her stand out without being obnoxious about them.

>10 new AA gets released
>20 Japanese Only
>30 everyone claims it's amazing
>40 fan patch released
>50 everyone realizes it's not really that good
>60 GOTO 10

Attached: fGxGfeh - Imgur.gif (147x162, 517K)

Do you think she's Phoenix's great-great-whatever-grandmother? I like to think she is.

Attached: 1541365849132.gif (201x259, 729K)

I love how she keeps being formal throughout, while constantly putting down Holmes in the most passive-aggressive way. She's also super self-assured where Ryuunosuke is incredibly nervous. It's a fun combination, she's a great straight man.

Attached: dgs cluttered.png (400x240, 99K)

>Way too much effort
setting up A9LH literally took me 5 minutes. Heck, I even found menuhax to be harder to install. With boot9strap (or so, it's been a long time since I did it) it's so easy to do. A9LH used to be something that was really hard, now it literally is just accessing the homebrew menu and clicking a button

I haven't seen many people saying DGS1 was amazing before the translation. DGS2 is better whether it's translated or not.

Why use this whackass patcher that makes an update file instead of a patch for the cia itself that lets them alter the banner?

It's not like it prevents piracy.

Did you select DGS patch from the list? Because you have to do that first.

Why does every guide tell me I need some weird flashcart then?

>AA1
>AA2
>DGS1
And you're literally saying this about DGS2 now. The cycle continues.

>patch comes out and people start realizing the game isn't as good as they thought it was
Now if only the same could be said about AAI2.

Wake me up when these fuckers finish DGS2.

Sorry -
>AAI1*
>AAI2*

Because you're looking at outdated shit. 3ds.hacks.guide/

I say he should play Phoenix vs Layton before Apollo Justice.

AAI1 was never considered that great, just that you should play it to have a better understanding of AAI2, which they said was great. And AAI2 lived up to the hype, if you ask me.

It's not a cycle. AAI2 is one of the best games in the series and didn't become worse after being translated.
DGS2 is pretty good while DGS1 sits in the barely better than Apollo Justice range. Nothing of this will change after both games are translated.

Attached: 1528049722463.png (368x298, 114K)

I actually already installed the old .cia file which is apparently the old demo.
Can I simply overwrite the old file with the new one without an issue?

AAI2 is one of the most overrated games in the series and that was amplified after it was translated.

The guy wanted to give the Japanese people English pun names as well.
The team just stuck to the actual names they had in the game.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the person falseflaging is the exact guy who raged about having a perfect localisation.
He quit and left a huge pastebin calling everyone retards and writing down his ideas.
Ryuunosuke had a completely retarded pun name, I forgot what it was though.

>dubious quality
>didn't even play it
Just fuck off.

It's already more competent than the burger translations of the games so far.

>barely better than Apollo Justice
Justice For All, Investigations, Dual Destinies and Layton crossover are all worse than Apollo Justice.

You keep spreading those lies there, Draganth. But everyone knows how things REALLY went down.

Asougi Kazuma doesn't actually die by the way, he's the prosecutor in DGS2.

Also, Sherlock Holmes is the mastermind.

based and redpilled

God damn, Asougi is sexy

Attached: 1553354780472.png (966x1077, 283K)

>Sherlock Holmes is the mastermind
We already knew that though. He is That Sherlock Holmes after all.

Is AA6 worth playing? I skipped it due to AA5 being a trashfire and I just held out for the DGS patch

Investigations 1 is the only one I'd agree on.

Yes, it's good. Consensus is that it's better than DD and AJ, and one of the better entries in the series.

It's way better. You can examine, again, too.

>Sherlock Holmes is the mastermind
>implying this wasn't the TRUE mastermind

Attached: (a)normal.gif (256x192, 62K)

>tfw she got away with it all

>got away with it
>is banned

>tfw the ugly suitcases were full of cocaine

If only you knew

Attached: asou4.png (411x898, 808K)

>implying didn't bypass it and is now stealth masterminding

>Joint Reasoning starts
>can't stop huge grin from forming
goddamn this mechanic rules

Attached: phoenix drive oh snap.jpg (646x510, 61K)

>rhoda only knew bypassing was a thing because of gina
>gina is why he's here forever

Im playing Dual Destinies, im on the Cosmic Case, i have played every case so far without ever depleting the whole gauge and in case a whole session ran until the end with me making zero mistakes, did I git gud with my deductions skills or is the game too easy?

Attached: P4a-mitsuru-kirijo.jpg (1000x1050, 132K)

>translation says it need newest version of luna3ds
>oh just an update, will be easy
>go to the update guide
>need to download like 10 things
>actual guide is longer than the installation guide
what the fuck

Beat the first case, pretty good. Animations are really sick, like how they tied Ryuunosuke's inexperience with them.

How do you not have lumaupdater?
Also, it only needs 7.2 and up, and that was quite a while ago.

Dual Destinies is probably the easiest game.

makes updating easier

>Case 1
>the slow burn of Naruhodou being spineless and unaware of what's going on
>that first desk slam
Whoever said the first case sucked is a fuckin liar, unless it just 180s from here on out

Attached: Hannibal Transcenduss.png (1085x1217, 1.66M)

i don't see where it says to update

DD is relatively very easy, it was meant as a kind of reboot and overshot with that

Is there any way to check what version of luma I have?
I hacked my 3ds a long time ago and didn't upload it ever since, now it says that I can't use the internet until I update and lumaupdater fails to launch for a similar reason I think
Is it safe to update? I think I hacked it before the latest hacking method was discovered and I'm 11.2.0-35E

Attached: 1436353620039.jpg (292x227, 25K)

Nah, there's plenty to like about his games. There's issues for sure but it never goes as low as some other moments do.

Super easy. Even if you fail you just get sent back to checkpoint so you don't even need to impulse save
Get ready for the worst final case in the series though

Press Start
Reenter Luma
Press A

If your first thought isn't to use L+Down+Select to check your version, you're under 8.0.

hold select while booting

I installed a while ago after my rxtools stopped working for some reason and I was on 8.1.1

>I was on 6.6
Thanks user
Updating system firmware is safe right?

??
no

I thought after you hacked your 3DS you were set and firmware updates couldn't disable anything or cause problems?

you've got sysnand and emunand, if you update sysnand ur fucked
you can update emunand if you want tho

Do I need to change from armloader to bootstrap to do that and play this game?
Sorry for the dumb questions, I did this all ages ago and I don't remember anything anymore

Attached: 1446764988349.jpg (142x236, 18K)