Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: 1553808618377.jpg (1080x1214, 996K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jAI2jNPMPqA
youtube.com/watch?v=RN9vO_gRzoI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

and here we FUCKING go again

Unironic case of
>soul
>soulless

I want to say the bottom image is better for visibility but there are two mitigating factors for that: 1) high visibility isn't the point of the area, it's dark on purpose, and 2) the greater visibility is ruined by all the extra visual noise so it's not really more visible anyway.

So the only real difference between the two is aesthetic, and the top has better lighting and is more atmospheric - also with really strange, visually distinct alien trees, as opposed to the bottom's "I walked into the woods outside my house" vibe.

The true biggest fuck up of the Halo Remaster

Was 343 unsurprisingly missing the point of the Marines.
In Reach; most Soldiers you run into are NOT Navy Marines; they're just Army Soldiers.
Yet in the last mission of Halo Reach, you see actual Marines, in brown armour, a nod to the original Halo Marines.
Yet 343 in their infinite wisdom added in the Army Soldiers like a bunch of lazy cunts.

Attached: HaloReach_-_MarineUniform.jpg (1536x1152, 204K)

Is it
>soul
>soulless
or
>technical limitations of the time
>original artistic vision
The game lets you press a button to play with the original graphics in HD anyway so who gives a shit

CEA's visual issues are really overstates, but yes, the opening section of Truth and Reconcillation, 343 guilty spark, and the outdoor parts of Two Betrayals are legtimately changed in tone and atmosphere

other then that though, CEA is mostly fine

But if the dev choose to make the area that way in the remake who the fuck are you to call it soulless when he wanted that way ?

So fucking cluttered

Bottom is too busy, I remember having problems seeing the grunts and elites when zoomed in with the sniper at extreme ranges.

You can't chalk it up to original artistic vision when it's not even by the original developers, and the concept art of the level was pic related.

Attached: Covenant_Attack_Ship.jpg (400x255, 45K)

Some guy in the last thread was unironically trying to defend 343 being lazy shits by saying that reusing Reach assets was more lore friendly, never mind the fact all the guns and shit were canonically different in every game from the outset.

can't see shit on the remaster

Not sure why you jacked up the brightness to 10000% to make your shitty comparison.

youtube.com/watch?v=jAI2jNPMPqA

>But if the dev choose to make the area that way in the remake who the fuck are you to call it soulless when he wanted that way ?
Since when 343 made original games?

looks like one of those graphics overhaul mods, completely unnatural and over detailed

Attached: tTwQAIE.png (512x256, 213K)

top looks like shit because its 4 ugly trees just kind of placed there

bottom is too busy and the trees are TOO green

The top was clearly meant to look like a desert plateau, it's not an issue of technical limitations because they clearly set out to make a desert and did just that, the bottom simply makes no sense.

Left is OP

Right is what it looks like on the same brightness settings

Attached: gaylo.png (2100x1206, 3.6M)

ORIGINAL ALWAYS GOOD
REMAKE/REMASTER ALWAYS BAD

>You can't chalk it up to original artistic vision when it's not even by the original developers, and the concept art of the level was pic related.

While true in Truth and Reconcillations case, a lot of the UNSC and Forerunner interiors, and to a lesser extent Covenant, in CEA actually do resemble bungie's original concept art for CE more then the original game did.

see above

Not that user, but that's a perfectly valid point to make, just not towards the Marine designs since as the other user mentioned, they used Army trooper rather then mrine models

I apperciate your autism but that doesn't change the fact they changed a barren desert canyon into a noticably more lush area, and as evidence by the concept art in , it's not like they intended it to be lush but had to cut back due to tech limits

Attached: Art of Halo envoirment detail density 1.png (889x1150, 1.17M)

Is Halo seriously the vidya equivalent to Star Wars right down to a divisive 'special edition'? These arguments are uncanny.

Attached: ZZ570F423E.jpg (1920x816, 355K)

Bros can you use the energy sword in Halo Anniversary?

There are some color/brightness changes in anniversary mode from the original H1 Anniversary release and the MCC version. OP's pic might be the original.

Still, the new graphics completely misses the point of "desert plateau".

>4 = The Force Awakens
>5 = The Last Jedi
>ODST = Rogue One (reasonably well-accepted spinoff)
>Halo Wars = SOLO (spinoff most people didn't want)
>anniversary = original trilogy special editions

I guess all we're missing is the prequels.

No, gameplay isn't changed at all... unless you count a few rocks be nudged around from the original PC port.

exposed

The anniversary editions are nowhere near as bad as the Star Wars special editions. And even if you hate them you can just switch to the old graphics with one button. Meanwhile the original unedited versions of Star Wars haven't been released in forever.

I've never understood the vitrol over the special editions. I also think Episode 1 and 3 are fine, the OT has the same fucking issues as people shit on the prequels for

In general I think SW fans are autists with nostalgia goggles glued on

>I guess all we're missing is the prequels
reach?

>Soul
>Atmospheric
>Aesthetic
>Busy

So you have no real opinion and are just tossing out buzz words based on a gut feeling that you can't explain because you know if you try too hard to identify it, you'll have to admit it's just nostalgia.

They should have just gave us graphically updated CE Marines instead reusing Reach shit.

>H1 marines covered in metal plates to stop plasma that would burn through anything else with ease
>H2 marines and onward now look like they're wearing kevlar and ceramic armor pieces

Never understood this.

I assume the plating you see on 2, 3, etc marines is titanium, same as MJOLNIR's plating

Attached: Halo3-MarineConcept.png (885x1785, 811K)

Did you even read my post? I've already played the game, I had to switch to the OG graphics because it was obnoxious trying to snipe the enemies, which can barely be seen at longer distances among the excessive trees and shrubbery.

Attached: Untitled.png (652x608, 30K)

they should have used this design for the new suit model in CEA since they were going with reach shit in general

Attached: Gallery_6889_853_280617.jpg (668x924, 235K)

I think it's a 50/50 for me desu senpai.

Attached: Halo CEA_Comparison_01.jpg (3105x4368, 3.41M)

I wasn't that guy but i would've defended it as well. CEA marines actually look closer to CE than Reach's marines.

Attached: marines comparison.png (779x349, 503K)

you can still play with the original graphics in the anniversary edition, can't you?

Soul often comes when there is tension between artistic vision and technical limitation. It forces creators to be... creative. They have to work on the actual feeing and greater sense of vision that they are creating, instead of relying on minor details and “muh graphics.”

I think that both are factors.

Attached: 68A4391F-DB80-400A-8339-24E27F241470.gif (460x259, 1.93M)

The worst part of 343i's art is what they did to all the Forerunner shit. In 1-3 there is a lot of stone work in their buildings, in CEA, 4, and 5 all the stone is gone and replaced with chrome generic alien look. Beyond that look at the elites in Halo 5, they look nothing like how elites are supposed to look.

They did this to H2A too, don't leave out how they made the Forerunner junk in Halo 2A look new.

God, look how badly the right fucked up EVERYTHING.

Halo CE has both flashlights and night vision so low visibility definitely was intentional

Attached: 1472564351162.png (480x360, 337K)

>rejected by trilogy fans for being too different but ultimately preferable to the sequels
yeah I'd say that fits

The right looks fine for litterally all of those you shitposting faggot

I don't entirely mind it? But it is rather lazy, considering just how far they wen't with H2A

Nah. I would completly disagree. The Army has a somewhat Green undersuit, with a tan armor.
Where the Marines had a grey under-suit and brown armour.

I just think the retards at 343 forgot that the "marines" in Halo Reach were just Army Soldiers, I think they got confused because it was the first and only time the Army appeared instead of Navy Marines.

But Bungie made the Marines in Halo Reach to be a modern interpretation of the original Marines.

Attached: Halo Marines.png (2128x612, 2.13M)

It's been awhile since I played H2A, I don't remember how it looks but you're probably right because that's what they've done to everything else.

H2A is good

Attached: Screenshot-Original (3)_20170111225101463.jpg (1080x1224, 1.35M)

You read my mind buddy, i actually checked yesterday after seeing that comparison pic on another thread because that CEA pic looked way too fucking bright. CEA already looks brighter as it is, i don't know what are people like OP trying to accomplish by faking these comparisons.

Attached: TnR - same brightness comp.jpg (2162x1214, 777K)

Talk about SOULLESS

You can start by taking the screenshot i the same location. And I took the screenshots from MCC .

They fucked up the art style so hard and missed every single bullet point.

Attached: Screenshot-Original (3)_20170102143555540.jpg (1080x1228, 961K)

>The Army has a somewhat Green undersuit, with a tan armor
You're correct but CEA doesn't use those exact models. They grabbed those models and recolored them in a similar way the marines in Reach's PoA were reused assets and recolored. They made the armor pieces a light brown and their fatigues gray. Try looking for a CEA marine model in Reach's Army troopers and you'll realize there are none.

>But Bungie made the Marines in Halo Reach to be a modern interpretation of the original Marines
This is incorrect, there's nothing unique about Reach's Marines other than color and maybe the shoulder pads (that look nothing like CE btw). Leg, thigh, chest, fatigues, boots are all grabbed assets from Army troopers, even the helmet isn't unique, it was taken from the Sabre pilots.

Attached: Halo_Reach_-_UNSC_Army_Infantryman_(Standing).png (478x849, 416K)

>You can start by taking the screenshot i the same location
But it is, it's the starting area. If you want the exact position and angle i can take later today, i guess.

>And I took the screenshots from MCC
So did i (pic related is the original file).

Attached: Halo_ The Master Chief Collection 2019-03-30 00-07-26.png (1920x1080, 3.17M)

yes

Vehemently disagree. To begin with,There's no stone forerunner ruins in CE, and those have always been rare to begin with so them not being in 4 or 5 isn't a big issue.

Secondly, the highly shiny, glowy line design of forerunner ruins in 4 and 5 is a relatively natural progression from the trends we had been seeing from CE ruins to 2/3 ruins, to Wars/Reach';s ruins: Each step increased the amount of detail, shinyess, and amount of gloy and floaty bits. Thirdly, CEA's forerunner ruins don't look that stipudly shiny or gloywy, they are only Reach/Wars level so, and that makes more canonical sense, since CE's forerunner visual design was HEAVILY limited by tech limits and what we saw in 2/3 that reach built on visual design wise was what bungie really intended anyways: As mentioned a decent amount (albiet not all) of the forerunner interiors in CE concept art outright resembles CEA more then CE itself.

Lastly, 4/5 elites are actually a pretty faithful update to 2/3 elites and return to more CE/2 style body proportions then and especially Reach had. The problem is just that their armor is absolute fucking dogshit and makes them look super bulky, and they are also animated like lumbering oafs. But in terms of actual anatomy, they are way, way closer to classic elite designs then Reach's elites are and look pretty good.

Pic related shows a 4 elite in Reach elite armor, for reference

Fuck off with this, CEA fucks up 3 missions, the marines, but that's about it aside from a few very minor other thintgs

Attached: 343 elite reach armor COMPRESSED.gif (600x429, 2.93M)

Yeah that was the other image being posted. Unfortunately i couldn't take it in that same spot because my xbox kept crashing every time i tried taking it but you can still tell there's some clear tinkering in your pic, even the og CE looks a bit too bright.

Attached: TB - same brightness comp.jpg (2164x1228, 691K)

>Has to hunch it over to make it look smaller

Elites shouldn't be bulky bastards they should be sleek

OG CE was taken on the control room pyramid where there's lights everywhere (and so was anniversary obv)

Attached: nvsegsj91raz.png (2135x1304, 2.2M)

Yeah i know the exact spot, the problem was that my console frozed and crashed the 3 times i tried taking a screenshot in that very same spot. MS is cucking me from the truth.

>it's the guy that posts to everyone and types up essays for post
Halo fans are reaching or have surpassed Metroid fan autism on Yea Forums, at this point. At least those guys can have a proper conversation sometimes.

no seriously the comparison to Star Wars with Halo is fucking perfect, niggas in here arguing over what color undersuit some fuckin space soldier is wearing in such and such game

Go back toreddit if you want short read&forget posts.

Looks bad. Still wayy to much bulk

Reminder that this is what Elites are supposed to look like.

Attached: elitemajor.png (631x480, 370K)

Are they naked under there or is it a black bodysuit?

Halo 1 Elites are so cool. They're intimidating, but not because they're big scary monster men, more in the sense that they're the only enemies that are your competent equals. In 2 and 3 they crack jokes like everyone else, and Reach made them big dumb dinosaur monsters.

Attached: 1531814289415.jpg (1920x1080, 390K)

>play Halo 2

>Heeeey, it's me! ;)

The skin around their eye doesn't match the body so I'd guess bodysuit. The texture work is pretty blurry so I could see it interpreted either way. Bungie went with bodysuit in Halo 2 which uses basically the same elite design but hunched over.

This is the ideal elite. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Attached: Press-Tour-2014-Halo-2-Anniversary-Cairo-Station-Sword-to-a-Gunfight.jpg (1920x1080, 1.23M)

did anyone else just want a mixed strategy-fps game where you play as the commander of human forces on the first halo ring managing your resources and survivors from the pillar of autumn?
you can traverse all over the ring and take control of individual soldiers and turn it into a squad based fps
I guess this is the result of Halo: CE almost being my first FPS and leaving an impression on me

Damn I'm excited to be going back boys

That's like exactly what Halo 1 was going to be.

youtube.com/watch?v=RN9vO_gRzoI

The closest thing you have to a strategy fps is...kingdoms under fire on the og xbox but is a slasher instead of shooter.

If it were all under Bungie and using Bungie's lore I would love to see the universe expand further

I guess it still shows a bit in earlier missions like Halo and the Silent Cartographer, especially when you're meeting up with survivors of other escape pods and the idea always stuck with me

I think that after the trilogy was finished they should've moved onto a new genre and away from console limitations
strategy would've been great if it wasn't a watered down RTS like Halo Wars is

I prefer top. They evoke different ideas of an environment. Top is a Utah/Nevada-esque desrt canyon while bottom is a more European looking lush mountain/cave area.

Tfw the halo 3 elites probably made me gay

Attached: 1548219173298.jpg (183x320, 15K)

Let's not forget wanting more story over gameplay, I'm so happy these guys aren't getting listen to anymore. They argue over gameplay changes in the series more than Metroid fans do 2D Metroid games. They shit on Halo CE and 3 for not being cinematic garbage with muh character development like Halo 2, ODST, and Reach, they shit on Halo 4 and 5 but then defend Reach for the same shit, even shitting on Halo 5's terrible campaign when Halo 2 made the same mistake in 2004 and is just is crap as Halo 5's campaign, just not as much.They keep getting excited over fucking re-releases when I already have these games, Halo CE-4's disc are sitting right in my room, give me some new Halo games already. Let's not forget the constant muh Halo is better than yur Halo along with muh Humans = Forerunners, the Halo community on Yea Forums is garbage.

I don't even post on reddit.

I have to admit that I love the Halo 3 marines the most. Halo 2 had really goofy helmets and while Halo 1 has a good design it doesn't work well in a high poly model.

Bungie shat the bed in their own ways. They didn't give a shit about the lore and ignored it whenever it got even slightly inconvenient. Halo 3 was literally written by a committee. They had good gameplay, excellent artists and Marty but they were hardly the creative geniuses they often get portrayed as.
The Bungie era novels also weren't that great, most of them were written in less than a month and it shows.

Fuck I can't wait to play Halo 2 on PC I missed that shit terribly, such a good campaign, but the OG xbox with its 20 FPS 480p makes it a slog to replay.

you are aware the PC version has existed for well over a decade, right? You have 0 excuses

Attached: 1455977560942.png (533x468, 51K)

This

Bungie lore can eat a pile of dogshit after Halo 3.

Why did they suddenly get new helmets

the face is fucked

1) The original graphics are NOT the actual original Xbox graphics, because CEA is based upon the buggy PC port (due to its inclusion of netcode). Plasma pistols don't have their proper glow, the skybox on Assault on the Control Room is buggy, etc.
2) CEA doesn't even play the original gun sounds when you're on the "original" graphics. You've got the shitty redone sounds instead, and no way to listen to the original sounds.
3) The idea that Saber Interactive, the tiny "literally who" studio that created CEA, have created something which is the "original artistic vision" of Halo with this abortion of a remaster is the most laughable thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

Let's face it, CEA is a fucking dumpster fire; it's a steaming turd of dogshit. I even like 343 - I like Halo 4 and I like Halo 5. But CEA is a steaming pile of faeces. The quality of the work is so fucking amateurish, it looks like they spent about one week doing it. Looks like a fucking school project.

literally nothing but nitpicking here
>I like Halo 4 and I like Halo 5
opinions invalidated right there anyway

What is George Lucas doing on Yea Forums?