I thought the Switch was getting games? What happened?

I thought the Switch was getting games? What happened?

Most devs are just ignoring it.

Attached: Capture.png (545x754, 478K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pietriots.com/2010/12/17/the-3rd-party-wall-of-shame/
gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-version-of-wonder-boy-remake-outse/1100-6453252/
venturebeat.com/2019/01/08/monster-boy-switch-sales/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They cannot compete with Nintendo 1st Parties, so they have to release on the PS4 by default. Pokemon games grossed like 4.5 Billion back in 2006

Then why is Let's Go one of the worst selling entries in the franchise with the lowest ratings?

Lets Go Pikachu grossed 600 Million already

Impressive for such a shit game. Too bad the Switch is only getting mobile tier games.

As much as I hate Let's go, it still sold a lot compared to other remakes. It's also being sold at 60 bucks instead of 40

>durr hurr I'll go tell those toddlers at four channel that the switch isn't getting sword art online!
Sure showed them.

>They cannot compete with Nintendo 1st Parties, so they have to release on the PS4 by default
this is such a shit argument but nintendronies still parrot it since the 90s

Cope, call me when Sony develops a 97 like Zelda, Metroid or Mario

>Sword Art Online
And nothing of value was lost. It’s actually amazing people still pretend to care about this shitty series.

>it's coming to fucking xbox one but not switch
i don't care myself, i have all platforms, but that must really rub salt in the wound for nintendies. it must feel awful getting put under the fucking xbone for priorities. who is even buying this kind of shit on their xbox one?

nintendo bonus

Oh boy. This is going to be censored to hell and back.

Do I still have to play as Kirito in this one?

Seething & absolutely pathetic

>liking Sword Art Online
Consider drinking bleach.

What does Sony have to do with the Switch having no games and being irrelevant?

Because the Switch is irrelevent outside of the port begging cult. Look at 2018, no games except a Smash port.

Look at 2019, LITERALLY fucking nothing interesting at all and its almost the end of the first quarter. You have to have low standards to get excited for most of the Switch releases.

Attached: 357845_05big.jpg (800x1200, 208K)

Namco Bandai has completely fucked over a number of actual Switch releases on purpose and is making exclusive shovelware for it. They're probably gonna make them beg for this one too.

>About to surpass Xbone in sales
>Irrelevant
>Namco decides to make a shovelware Disney Minigame Compilation for Switch and give the X1 actual decent games
Third parties are just fucking retarded

Not Nintendo's fault Third parties are fucking lazy

>pretending Xbox is relevent
Sad you have to compare a new console with a 4 year old dead one that died out in year 2.

Then why does Nintendo demonstrate it actively? On top of having shit performance/shit resolution games that hinder the gameplay?

Attached: NSwitch_TheLegendofZeldaLinksAwakening_02_image500w.png (500x284, 356K)

This They know that they cannot compete in a Nintendo dominated industry.

your weak fucking tablet can't run shit without heavy compromises (which you bingtendies then proceed to complain about.) it's just not worth catering to you delusional cucks. buy a ps4 or xbone.

>SAO
why would anyone want that? To be a basic bitch with garbage taste?

>in a Nintendo dominated industry.
They have a corner at best, what are they dominating? Even the PC market generates more revenue.

Nintendo makes new games for it
Third parties give it full priced ports and shovelware and nothing else
One is more lazier than the other

Because most devs don't know how to optimize their games to have their games be on the Switch. Watch as the PC version be the worst by having stuttering framerates, graphics issues and frequent bugs/crashes.

>its not worth catering
>It is worth giving you full priced 60 dollar old ports because we want money
Stop defending lazy million dollar corporations

>What happened?
Nintendo stuck with cartridges.

Well everyone was saying "All the weeb games are going to Nintendo now", does it really matter? Not like the Switch has any standards.

Look at the eshop, for every 1 decent port it has 20 garbage shovelware.

Attached: acs.png (897x878, 666K)

oh yeah yeah

Power cannot be a scapegoat for Namco literally fucking over their Switch releases

I don't know dick about game development, but I have to wager the Switch is harder to develop for since it's weaker than it's competition.

It's possible to put big titles on the thing (as seen with Doom), but for some company's I'd have to say it's easier for them to publish their games on the PS4 and such rather than the Switch, and/or work on a Switch port later on.

Attached: 1550592264651.jpg (294x294, 23K)

>Sword Art Online

Just like Hollow Realization and Fatal Bullet before it, the Switch will get a graphically inferior port of it about six months after the final DLC comes out. In any case, it's fucking SAO, and that's not really something you want to gloat about.

Huh, then why is everything a full priced port or lazy remake?

That's not true at all. If that were the case, most Switch games wouldn't run and look like shit.

Attached: 1362.png (853x483, 595K)

you faggots told me that with snoy focusing on western games only and their censoring shit that every game would be on switch

I WENT AND FUCKING TRADED MY PS4 ON GAMESTOP TO BUY A FUCKING SWITCH AND NOW I AM STUCK WITH NO JAPANESE THIRD PARTIES

FUCK YOU

By third parties

You mean no games, but hey, I heard a 15 year old port releases next month that might be decent.

get a pc instead. like 95% of jap games come out on pc now anyway.

>pretending to care about an SAO game
come on son

Didn't you just prove his point? Devs don't know shit and it runs terribly

third parties can barely optimize old PS3/360 games for it you expect them optimize newer games? Devs don't know shit

Attached: suffermore.png (505x524, 514K)

So i like to check on new releases on the Switch every month or so, and I'm amazed at how this console gets next to no fucking games after so long. It just continues to collect dust for months and months.

Do people just buy ANYTHING on this thing? Legit, I have touched mine in close to 4 months now after Smash was boring as fuck.

Attached: gamesa.png (1149x798, 74K)

SAO games are mostly good, though. Technically rough, sure; but good.

That's a game user

You mean Nintendo.

Gilgamesh looks weird

Which is weird because Namco Bandi and Sora games developed fucking smash Bros
Is this money hatting or some shit?
Smash runs like a wet dream yet no other games are coming

Nintendo is not a third party

there's always two obstacles in the way of nintendo getting third-party support:
>nintendo insists on always gimping their consoles with underpowered hardware and/or expensive proprietary media
>most nintendo fans won't buy anything that isn't bing bing wahoo, zelda, pokemon, smash or animal crossing
until both of these change, nintendo conoles will always be little more than an extra "nintendo tax" you have to pay to play their games (at least until emulators catch up to the real thing).

How come whenever a multiplat game is announced and the company tweets about it, the top response is ALWAYS port begging for Switch?

Is it really when everyone played it 15 years ago? And its on every platform, better in every way elsewhere, AND cheaper ?

i'm hoping the later half of the year will be decent with mario maker 2, astral chain, dragon quest xi s, luigi's mansion 3, smash updates, etc. but yeah, there is a painful drought right now.

>switch is getting fatal bullet
>wont get this

Because they know that people owns a Switch and a ps4 will buy the same game 2 times later with the switch having all dlc

But they still do ports and lazy remakes constantly.

who's money hatting? it's coming out on everything else. even fucking xbone.

Most Nintendo fans won't buy anything else except Nintendo's games because Third parties won't give them anything else but old fucking ports, and then jack the prices up

Attached: jewcom.png (814x652, 313K)

>Literally a series that has been shitted on here none stop
>suddenly is now used as an argument of "lol y switch not get games now?"
So suddenly now the series matters because it fuels console war faggetory?

>SAO

I thought the series ended after the gun game. Who still watches this shit?

Attached: 0142078123.png (540x718, 293K)

Nigga Link’s awaking is literally the “ROFL so random!” Game of the 90’s
There’s goombas, Chain chomps, fucking Kirby, Gordos and Takaka’s song
The tag line might as be
“Haha what if we sent Link to the mushroom kingdom? Haha”

It's the Wii all over again. 3rd parties are either lazy fucks or simply see Nintendo as beneath them.
pietriots.com/2010/12/17/the-3rd-party-wall-of-shame/

They still give it more new games than most third parties

Third parties even half ass their remakes/remasters on Switch, Dark Souls Remastered on Switch is just the 360 version with awful audio. Its false advertising

>Sword Art Online

Can't you faggots at least find something halfway decent for console war ammunition? Seriously?

Attached: 1546116637800.jpg (481x401, 36K)

Because its not a good console.

It's a symbol to people of "belonging" rather than being about videogames. it's like an Apple phone, useless in most regards, but part of a group of certain people. It's about wanting the console to be part of everyone's life and branding, rather than playing games, and having more games on the platform validates their position.

They would never touch a game that they often beg for unless it was on their shit platform. It's why 99% of Nintendo fanboys have awful taste in games.

Attached: 15213523779.jpg (1378x2252, 636K)

it's not the game itself, it's that bingtendies absolutely insisted that switch will become the place to play weebshit and yet weebshit just keeps skipping the console.

>no ace combat 7
>no god eater 3
>no jump force
>no one piece
>no kingdom hearts 3
>no judgment
>no resident evil 2
>no devil may cry 5
>no dead or alive 6
>no sekiro

>b-but those games were in development before the switch

>new games are announced 2 years after the switch
>new sakura wars not on switch, ps4 exclusive
>new sao announced even for fucking xbox (LMAO) not on switch

absolutely pathetic

Yea Forums is full of autistic faggot manchild nincels, not just Snoy. They’d unironically tell you to buy one of Miyamoto’s wasabi shits for $1000. The switch isn’t even being supported that well by Nintendo, and it lacks the punch that older handhelds had. It’s not the second coming of the Wii combined with the SNES nintendies think it is. It’s a better Wii U. You got memed.

>SAO

and nothing of value was lost

Wasn't Sakura Wars literally announced a few days ago? I guess there are tons of examples of devs not really caring about the Switch.

That's okay. We are getting Mery Skelter 2, FF12 the better edition, DQ11 the even more better edition and other stuff

>eshop used to have mostly just quality titles
>suddenly Nintendo allows 20 new games each day
>due to its bad UI design, cant even browse shit without searching for something specific
Why cant noone of the console manufactures look at steam and steal a bit of their UI? Also what happened to the quality controll

>its not a good console.
Your console wars is not a good argument.

Also pic related proves third parties are just fucking lazy with it. Why DIDN'T it get the DMC Collection? Hell now people at Capcom are just now talking about bringing it to Switch, 2 fucking years later. Could you give just less of a shit?

>FF12 the better edition, DQ11 the even more better edition
>Old late ports with added minimal features, worse visuals and performance is better

But why? Visuals are one of the biggest appeals of RPGs since they have barely any gameplay.

I'm buying that and Dragon Quest XI S

Attached: 1540515499168.gif (500x500, 330K)

Who gives a shit about glorified handheld?

Literally every indie dev has said Switch porting was easy as fuck.
Reminds me of how basement dwelling losers with a spongebob Marathon playing in the background can bust a 80 gig game down to a 20 gigs fit girl repackage

>caring about visuals more than more actual game to play
Look at this nigger

>Pointing out a console is bad is console wars
Or the console is just shit, I own it, and can recognize how bad it is whenever I dare use it once every few months.

Attached: dustySwitch.png (1120x519, 358K)

>SAO
And nothing of value was lost.

of all the nintendo fan lies, this is one of the most pitiful.
nintendo is the company that used to put arbitrary limits on how many games third parties could release per year on their systems. nintendo was notoriously stingy with distributing devkits to third parties all the way through the gamecube era. nintendo stuck with cartridges as long as they did because they could gouge third parties with a $19 nintendo tax on every cartridge and control the manufacturing of their games. nintendo now makes underpowered consoles that can't run major modern third-party titles.
nintendo is and has always been afraid to compete with third parties on a level playing field, not the other way around.

B-BUT THOSE ARE MOVIE GAMES S-S-SNOY SEETHING COPE

Actually the switch is getting weebshit like crazy. Mery Skelter 2, moero chronicles, DQ, fatal bullet, realization, gal gun, exclusive omega labyrinth, ect

Haven't Switch ports and games sold incredibly well?

>The switch isn’t even being supported that well by Nintendo
Now that's just a lie desu. Third parties is accurate tho

>Gameplay in games that play themselves
LOL

FF12 on switch has some extra fluff and DQ11 is literally fusing the ps4 and 3ds version and all its content with even newer content.

shitty ports

No, just indie titles.

wtf bros

Attached: sakura wars.png (1196x720, 121K)

They care about it if it can make them a quick buck, or to fund a game they will never give it.

This isn't a Sony movie game

I'm not a bingtendie and don't own a switch, (PC masterrace here) but I'm baffled about this as well.
Didn't the switch sold really well? Why nobody is releasing anything for it?
What gives? Is it really that inferior when compared to the other consoles?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Alright. But not an argument and proved you wrong. Shit, trash, good or whatever.

Those are only there because the dev team reused assets

To be fair, indies are pretty much the only new 3rd party games being released on switch at all.

>FF12 on switch has some extra fluff
No it doesnt.
Also adding an ugly 2D mode is hardly enough for a full priced port thats downgraded.

PS2 was a shitty console hardware wise, but it has the best library ever made

Games make up a system. If third parties are too lazy to make anything worthwhile then the system suffers

>J-Japanese devs will boycott Sony!

You know, its hilarious how closed off and retarded Switch owners are that they fail to even know what a near 20 year old game is about, and pretending the gambit system doesnt exist.

Sure thing kid, make it about Sony when Nintendo makes even more casual games.

I'm convinced the Switch came out and its success dumbfounded so many third parties they just don't know what to do with it. It is FILLED with old ass, overpriced ports everyone has already played. It NEVER gets anything new, and it doesn't even get old ports that people would actually want.
Let me ask, who in the fuck, asked for a port of Bulletstorm? Who did? Did a single person on this planet ask for this?

Attached: Bulletstorm-Switch_03-28-19.jpg (600x337, 91K)

>Nintendo consoles
>Games beyond first party

It's fucking shit but you slap Mario on a turd and it makes a million billion trillion quadrillion dollars

"optimization" is not a magic wand that third parties can wave to make every game run on switch. people need to accept that the switch hardware is simply too outdated to run modern third-party games.

It was outsold by the PS4 in 2018. It's doing well, but only because its the only new console released in the last 4 years. It released next to no new major competition and still lost.

>What happened?

Most normies are on the Playstation which is the audience they're going towards to

didn't a borderlands port get announced for every other platform at around the same time, too?

And yet it was a neat little game.
Every time I see screenshots of the remake, I have to remind myself that it is not just a shitty Unity game clicked together with assets from the store but made by a billion dollar company.

lmao bulletstorm at 20 FPS fun.

you are retarded if you actually listen to Yea Forums console-war shitposting and take it seriously. ESPECIALLY if it's related to sony.

>Using Sakura Wars for consolewar shitflinging

You faggots already ruined MH threads with your garbage, fuck off.

Attached: 15437767333.jpg (440x498, 21K)

>"optimization" is not a magic wand that third parties can wave to make every game run on switch
That is literally what optimization is, its to make the games run better.

If a game has poor optimization, its going to run like shit. Remember when Ubisoft made a Tetris game that had framerate drops on PS4?
But I find it hard to believe you can fit Wolfenstein or Doom on the Switch but you can't fit a shitty anime weeb game.

>normies
saying "normies" is a normalfag thing now

>weeb
>normies
Pick one

stay seething faggot SONY ALWAYS WINS

I'm honestly convinced its just a fan project Nintendo contracted. There's no way it looks that bad.

I think the biggest insult is seeing a Nintendo fan scream when he saw and said it looked "amazing". I just dont know anymore.

Both Wolfenstein and Doom run and look like shit on the Switch, on top of having lower than low settings on literally everything.

This isnt optimization at all, this is barely playable.

Attached: wolfenstein_sc12.jpg (1024x576, 77K)

yea because every sakura wars thread from now on won't have pc and switch fanboys screeching about how it will be censored

>talking out of your ass
This is how easy you make yourself know to be ignorant on this. Is not only 2d mode you autist.
-2D mode
-Orchestra and Vanilla OST
-Can talk with your party members in the open now
-x2 and x4 speed up modes for battle
-you have now a 2nd option on who to marry
-the whole side quest from the Yuccha village being added to revisit all other 10 games in short intervention quest
-extra scenarios for each character
-Japanese and English dub
It's not just "hurdur 2d only lmao"

Those both got patched, and still, they run don't they?

Don't see why a weeb anime game could not run at all

wtf serena?

The ff12 i think its adding the option to reset your job choices so now you aren't locked with the 2 jobs you choose for your characters. Before you seethe harder, this is something that fans wanted and are still begging for this to be added on the other systems

>$15 DLC tier addons
TOTALLY BETTER GUYS!!!

Hardware mean shit. PS2 was fucking ass to develop and devs still find a way to suck the juice out of it.

>SAO
Who cares lmao

I imagine its because Switch owners are retarded casuals that cant make good choices.

nintendo won't give third parties a system that can run much more than old ports. it's their fault, but you guys keep giving them a free pass and wondering why nothing changes.
>It's a better Wii U.
honestly, it isn't even that. i own both. the wii u had free online, virtual console, miiverse, backwards compatibility, most of the same library plus a few games that haven't been ported, the gamepad was more comfortable than the switch in handheld mode, and the wii u pro controller was better than the switch pro controller.
the only advantage that the switch has is a much faster ui, but considering all the features they took away, it better be faster.
steam is the absolute last store you should be telling them to emulate if you want quality control. it's even worse than the current state of the eshop.

>don't have an argument
>seethes harder and shitpost
The gimmick that never dies

I dont understand how anyone goes months without touching their console. I'll still play something on my ps4 even though I'm not really into playing anything at the time.

About 5 minutes after the Bulletstorm Switch announcement, no joke

Pokemon will make more money then all of those, therefore they are irrelevant

They eat up everything with the Nintendo logo on it and Nintendo knows that.

I think most publishers weren't prepared for the success and instead pushed all their resources into the ps4 + easy pc ports. Square was the only company that grabbed the chance and released octopath traveler.

nogames Switch

no matter how much it sells, it's still an outdated piece of hardware that is too weak to run a lot of modern games.

Nice cope. Totally not about changing your builds to fuck around with something different. Yeah. I swear, you fags pull the most autistic mental gymnastics just to attempt to argue

>it's their fault, but you guys keep giving them a free pass and wondering why nothing changes.
Its third parties' faults, no Nintendo's. Remember when third parties used to make all the lower budget handheld games that weren't AAA quality but were still good? What happened to that? Why did they get lazy and now just give it old games people have already played?

bring tadashi satomi again and make more not-persona games you fuckers, sao is lame

>But I find it hard to believe you can fit Wolfenstein or Doom on the Switch
you can't. they look like shit and run like shit on switch. they're basically proof-of-concept tech demos, not serious games.

third parties do not care about console wars. They care about sales numbers, and Switch is about at 35 million. There's some definite spite when it passes the Xbox One in sales but still give that games and still give the Switch fucking nothing

>Doom
>demo
>Not serious games
Look at this fucking faggot Boomer

Attached: 1553809508032.gif (227x224, 12K)

You're the one supporting a shitty console like a soldier LMAO.

>implying you cant do this shit on PC already

the ps2 was cutting-edge when it came out. the switch was already a full generation behind before it even rolled off the assembly lines. it will soon be two generations behind.

>the ps2 was cutting-edge
No it wasn't, hardware wise it wasn't. That was the Dreamcast.

The only thing cutting edge about the PS2 was it could play DVDs

But the Switch is getting the SAO games, isn't it? I remember the announcement from last year.

I think developers want to, but Nintendo's hardware is forcing their hands into old ports or brand new games built from the ground up for the system. But the latter isn't often viable.

Then make games it can run faggot

But Ive bought like 4 of em these past couple months.

>the ps2 was cutting-edge when it came out.

It did have some features that got used properly later. But you are fucking delusional if you believe in that.

And PS1/3 was also awful to develop too.

Attached: 1549241480043.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

You can just port the games that were built ground up for the system to the other consoles, its not that hard

it's not a boomer/zoomer meme. doom at 240p, 10fps with a controller is a joke.

imagine putting up with shitty ports for the sake of a crappy platform

Hollow Realization and Fatal Bullet, old ass games Namco made Switch owners beg for

yeah hollow realization a ps vita port

the ps2 was stronger than the dreamcast.

MUH GYRO WITH INPUT DELAY THO.

Attached: loal.webm (1066x600, 2.8M)

>He thinks anyone wants fucking SAO

Thats how you played Doom boomer, fuck off

Just because something is stronger than another thing doesn't mean its cutting edge

>Do a shitty cashgrab port.
>it sold well.
>Do again to try dodge suits forcing to do something.
>It sold well again.
>Do a third time and finally sold bad.
>see guise nobody want play those games.

I still remember sega shutting a awful ass Yakuza port on Wiiu then complaining about nobody buying it.

Attached: 1548557300688.png (628x624, 431K)

Console war threads. Where everyone joins in to spergout about stupid shit and cherrypick the worst games of each console to use as ammunition and ignore everything else.

Welcome to consoles, enjoy your stay

>Liking Shit Ass Online unironically

I still remember when Capcom pulled that shit on the Wii, claiming that they were using RE:UC as a testbed for mainline RE games, then turned around and made a RE:DC as ANOTHER test.
Also let's not forget EA's "mature games" experiment with a Dead Space title that was DOA the moment they revealed that it was just a rail shooter.

So this is what snoyfags do all day instead of playing video games? Pathetic!

Attached: 1553875321416.jpg (633x874, 99K)

I want to live in another world so bad

You can tell that Capcom was banking on it failing and are still desperate to avoid actually developing games for it. USFII was supposed to fizzle and die to be used as justification to not develop for the console, but it sold too well for Capcom to use that excuse.

>Capcom said if Switch owners want Devil May Cry 5 they have to buy Dragon's Dogma
Third parties have just gotten fucking worse haven't they

Attached: 1523290881188.jpg (680x671, 17K)

Let me on it too. These autist should be all gassed

I made this and only ever posted it once before, but every one of Capcom's Switch games (Except Dragon's Dogma) has had a fucking caveat of some sorts

Attached: capcom-switch.jpg (790x1200, 292K)

Honestly it’s probably because they can’t make it run well. Games barely run on standard Xbones anymore and the Switch is below that.
I imagine their new model is gonna try to appease developers desire on that regard.

This, Nintendo has the best selling & highest rated games each Gen
> Gen 5
> 1. Tetris (Nintendo) (GBC) (35 Million)
> 2. Pokemon R/B (Nintendo) (GBC) (31 Million)
> 3. Pokemon G/S (Nintendo) (GBC) (23 Million)
> 4. Super Mario Land (Nintendo) (GBC) (18 Million)
> 5. Pokemon Yellow (Nintendo) (GBC) (14 Million)

> 1. Ocarina of Time (Nintendo) (N64) (99)
> 2. Perfect Dark (Nintendo) (N64) (97)
> 3. Super Mario 64 (Nintendo) (N64) (97)
> 4. GoldenEye 007 (Nintendo) (N64) (96)
> 5. Chrono Cross (Square) (PS1) (96)
Gen 6
> 1. New SMB (Nintendo) (NDS) (30 Million)
> 2. Nintendogs (Nintendo) (NDS) (23 Million)
> 3. Mario Kart (Nintendo) (NDS) (23 Million)
> 4. Brain Age (Nintendo) (NDS) (19 Million)
> 5. Pokemon D/P (Nintendo) (NDS) (17 Million)

> 1. SoulCalibur (Namco) (DC) (98)
> 2. Metroid Prime (Nintendo) (GC) (97)
> 3. GTA: San Andreas (Rockstar) (PS2) (97)
> 4. Metal Gear Solid 2 (Rockstar) (PS2) (97)
> 5. Resident Evil 4 (Capcom) (GC) (97)
Gen 7
> 1. Wii Sports (Nintendo) (Wii) (82 Million)
> 2. Mario Kart (Nintendo) (Wii) (37 Million)
> 3. Sports Resort (Nintendo) (Wii) (33 Million)
> 4. New SMB (Nintendo) (Wii) (30 Million)
> 5. Wii Play (Nintendo) (Wii) (28 Million)

> 1. GTA IV (Rockstar) (MultiPlat) (98)
> 2. Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo) (Wii) (97)
> 3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo) (Wii) (97)
> 4. GTA V (Rockstar) (MultiPlat) (97)
> 5. Twilight Princess (Nintendo) (Wii) (96)
Gen 8
> 1. GTA V (Rockstar) (PS4) (19 Million)
> 2. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) (3DS) (18 Million)
> 3. Pokemon X/Y (Nintendo) (3DS) (16 Million)
> 4. Pokemon S/M (Nintendo) (3DS) (16 Million)
> 5. COD Black Ops 3 (Activision) (PS4) (15 Million)

> 1. Zelda: BOTW (Nintendo) (NS) (97)
> 2. Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo) (NS) (97)
> 3. GTA V (Rockstar) (Multiplat) (97)
> 4. Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar) (Multiplat) (97)
> 5. Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo) (3DS) (94)

Maybe if the switch wasn't a underpowered piece of shit

>Retard ass indie can port shit to console in weeks without any issue.
>Proper develper can't get arsed to do this with proper budget.

Because anime games are really demanding amirte?

Attached: 1548256138337.jpg (515x593, 44K)

Remember ironic trips doesn't stop you from being an autistic tripfag

Most devs have complained cart sizes are more of an issue than power

Yeah and weaker than the Xbox and GameCube. Devs said it was a nightmare to developer for too. People just got used to it because it sold so well.
It sold so well because it was the cheapest way to get a DVD player at the time too. People forget these things but the PS2’s begging has success had nothing to do with games.

Why the fuck would anyone care if SAO isn't on the switch? Aren't these games considered shovelware? Who the fuck even plays them?

Jesus fuck Wii Sports

Yeah that’s fair too. In that case I’d just go all digital but maybe Bubtendo won’t allow that for big games
You’d be surprised. Optimization could be better but something as artistically focused as, say, the Naruto storm games barely hit 30 on PS3 and Xbox

Shitposters who are too depressed to actually play video games

I honestly forget about that thank you for notifying me

Obsessed

>Third party games don't sell on the Switch!

Wrong again at launch.
gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-version-of-wonder-boy-remake-outse/1100-6453252/

Wrong again now
venturebeat.com/2019/01/08/monster-boy-switch-sales/

Namco is doing the latter actually.

The problem is they're wasting it ON FUCKING SHOVELWARE

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-13-Nintendo1-880x440.png (880x440, 374K)

>s/a/o

who the fuck cares?

It's because he steals all the games.
Being thief creates apathy.

>SAO

Attached: 1491317649007.gif (250x141, 820K)

>Check PS top sales.
>It's almost only FIFA and AAA garbage plus GTA.

You aren't making any better mate.

Attached: 1548395727002.png (177x217, 48K)

Is smash ultimate outselling both spiderman AND god of war in a month with no pricecuts the nintendo bonus too?

The games are actually pretty good

Lets be real people buy Nintendo console for Nintendo games.

Attached: 025Pikachu_Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon_Red_and_Blue_Rescue_Teams.png (993x1068, 694K)

Does no one see? That's exactly what Namco is gonna do here!
>Buy our old ass ports if you want the new game goy, Sorry digital only outside Japan

Attached: sword-art-boxart.original.jpg (1920x1080, 411K)

>They can put Fatal Bullet, a game that runs like ass on PS4 on Switch
>They won't put this game on it

Attached: userious.jpg (800x614, 64K)

>Yeah and weaker than the Xbox and GameCube.
no shit. it came out a year earlier.

The Switch is underpowered. This is fact. Getting a game running on it is not easy.

Imagine what will happen when the next gen arrives.
>Ys 8 30fps

Attached: Ys-VIII-Lacrimosa-of-Dana-banner.jpg (1600x1000, 549K)

So I still have no reason to boot up my Switch.
Why devs avoiding the Switch?

Attached: stamp_00017.png (128x128, 21K)

Wow it's almost like they just made the WiiU a second time or something.

the new nintendinho motto is "will be censored"

>Getting a game running on it is not easy.
Yes it is, especially if its a shitty anime weeb game
>Ys 8 30 FPS
Daily reminder that port was commissioned by NISA which explains why it runs like shit

>snoy is finished! every weeb game is going to be exclusive to nintendo from now on!
>sword art online? pfft, who wants weeb trash like that anyway?

>2 man indie devs can get their shit running on Switch
>Multi-million third party devs with dozens of workers, can't

>Remember when third parties used to make all the lower budget handheld games that weren't AAA quality but were still good? What happened to that?
sony stopped making handhelds and nintendo decided to merge their handhelds into their home console division. the switch audience expects traditional home console games they can take with them on the go, not the same types of games they were playing on 3ds.

>jump force
>one piece

Attached: 1395906478994.png (243x180, 43K)

It’s the fastest selling remake. Launch allianed it’s doing better than ORAS

>2-man indie devs are making basic pixelshit that could run on a toaster, let alone the switch
>somehow, this is supposed to be comparable to major publishers' games

THIS

Sword Art Online is a shit anime/game/.light novel, though. It's like you've never watched an anime that wasn't SAO.

It's not, though.

*Sony

>the switch audience expects traditional home console games they can take with them on the go, not the same types of games they were playing on 3ds.
Is that why shitty indie pixelshit games constantly sell on the Switch? Don't exactly scream "traditional console games" to me

>implying pixelshit is any easier than cel shaded weebshit like Sword Arts Online

i'm not an sao fan at all, but it's on the same level of "weebshit" as xenoblade, and that gets praised as a masterpiece by the same people dumping on sao right now.

We are talking about the games animal.
And yes shitendo beggars will aways w-will be censored anyway!1!**farts*

Yeah that fabric Yoshi game is tops my dude.

Switch be close to 50 million by the time next gen arrives

Third party investors will throw a shitfit for them to make something for it instead of ignoring it

The switch reminds me of the ps3 lol

why are you moving the goalposts to indie shit when we're talking about major publishers? people's standards are lower for indie shit and they're willing to settle for less.
just look at the reaction to the link's awakening remake. it's one of those "handheld-style" games that everyone claims to want on the switch, but people threw a huge hissy fit because it wasn't "breath of the wild: link's awakening edition." now imagine other major publishers who don't have the nintendo brand loyalty making games like that for the switch. they'd be completely unappreciated by the switch audience, who expect every switch game to magically have high-end pc graphics at 60fps and blame third parties for "being lazy" when it doesn't happen.

>who expect every switch game to magically have high-end pc graphics at 60fps and blame third parties for "being lazy" when it doesn't happen.
Who does this? I have never seen someone call a publisher lazy if a game doesn't run at 60 FPS. I see more people complain about if a game gets a physical release or not than the game's performance

see They are running from it like the devil. They just want a fuckup to jump away.

if it's so easy, why aren't most indie devs doing it instead of making ugly pixelshit?

>DURRR WHY DID THE SPINOFF NOT SELL AS MUCH AS THE MAINLINE GAMES?

Lmfao. So desperate.

Because most indie devs arent weebs

what do you really think is more likely: that major publishers are all "scared" of having another successful platform to make money on, or that nintendo made yet another underpowered console that can't run the games they want to make?

>Sword Art Online
I actively like the Switch more because this game isn't on it. SAO is pathetic as fuck.

Look at All of those games run on Switch, but they're all half assed

They see the Switch as a console to make money, but nothing more. They don't give it anything new or interesting, they just want money for the bare minimum

Nintendo don't drop money on something unless they have a interest or footing on development. Sony or Microsoft aways throw some marketing deal or other garbage so publishers have a reason to dicksuck them.

There is a reason of why Squeenix suck them hard, every time that FF pops sony throws all bells and whistle for it.

>En respuesta
Dios mio... el anonimo goblino

Have you SEEN all the low effort, digital only ports the Switch gets? It already is a successful platform to make money on, its just they don't wanna put in effort to give it much else besides cashgrabs

>They're doing the same thing with Tekken 7
Do they really need to do this shit every single time? It's fine to test the waters one or two times, but how fucking long do they plan on just baiting people with an older game before releasing what everyone actually wants.

Attached: ada.jpg (579x329, 18K)

maybe nintendo should start doing that, then. nintendo's mindset of viewing third parties as competitors only is outdated and a big reason why they've fallen behind other platforms that treat third parties as valuable partners. all nintendo has ever done is make third parties jump through arbitrary hoops in order to shield their own titles from competition.

Depends how good you want your pixelshit to look, or how crap your comfortable with your celshaded 3d to look.

Cel-shaded 3d requires a much longer production pipeline at the outset, so it comes down to the creator's skillset.

I probably won't be playing it unless they bring back the original avatar system from Fatal Bullet, I don't really want to play as or just as Kittytoe

>they've fallen behind other platforms
The switch has already almost entirely outsold the Xbone and continues to outpace the PS4 what are you on?

They pay for third parties to not support Nintendo.

Nintendo don't view third parties as competition, they are just utter indifferent for them. But if they have something that align with their interest like Megaman for example it always get a promotion and pop on front pages.

And no third party complained when it actually worked under nintendo umbrella. The issue is due interest of high ups.

in reality, they lost to the ps4 last year, in the year of pokemon and smash, and they've been a "secondary platform" at best since the '90s.

HAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1459367604093.jpg (582x507, 59K)

Yet still largely irrelevant despite their paid reviews.

>spin off
YIKES

Not him, but source?

Nintendo's not gonna do that either because third parties abuse the shit out of that power.

Nintendo advertised distributed all of Capcom's games on the 3DS for the them. How does Capcom repay them? By giving the PS4, X1, and PC shiny new Monster Hunter game and gives them a shitty lazy 3DS port for 60 dollars.

Nintendo advertised and promoted Dark Souls Remastered for the Switch, even giving them an Amiibo. How does Namco repay them? By delaying the Switch version 5 months after the other versions, and then the same day it comes out, Namco releases the Dark Souls Trilogy for every other system.

Nintendo gets treated like shit when they try to be generous, so why should they even bother?

>in the year of pokemon
Debatable, since everyone already knew the actual core game was coming in 2019 and LGBT looked like shit from the start.

>They lost to PS4 last year
>Despite the sales nearly being equal in a year where the switch still hadn't been discounted and was the PS4's second best year in sales
Again, you're fucking retarded. This year will probably be the switch's best year for sales with an actual new Pokemon, new animal crossing, a surprise or two, a price cut for the base model, and a cheaper switch lite + a new switch 'pro' model.

remember that each was included in the wii, so outside of used copies thats including wii sales for the first year or so

Daily reminder PS4 had God of War, Spider Man, Red Dead Redemption 2, and numerous price cuts, and it barely outsold the Switch by 300k

>hey guise, we are releasing WIiU, how about you fill the catalog while we are working on our shit.

And everyone knows how this turned out.

Attached: 1536473812104.png (170x157, 34K)

To be fair dark souls 1 remastered on switch is probably the best version because of all the retarded 'fixes' on the other remastered versions, whereas the switch one is just a more stable version of the original

Did they actually fix the audio though?

Not with that terrible audio it isn't

daily reminder that the ps4 is a 2013 console in its twilight years while the switch is still relatively new.

Age does not matter

>Nintendo advertised distributed all of Capcom's games on the 3DS for the them. How does Capcom repay them? By giving the PS4, X1, and PC shiny new Monster Hunter game and gives them a shitty lazy 3DS port for 60 dollars.
what's the problem? i thought mhgu was "real monster hunter" and world was "casual trash" anyway? shouldn't you guys be happy with getting the supposed superior game - especially since the 3ds version of mhxx didn't get released outside of japan anyway?

>Imagine what will happen when the next gen arrives
gen 9 started 2 years ago already

yes it does. the hot new fad still managed to lose to an old console that 90 million people already owned.

It's not a spin-off. I have to steer nintentads into the discussion every time they want to take the spotlight off the original argument (the one they KNOW is true).

I'm not a Monster Hunter megafan. I like the games yea, but I wont play every single one.

I always witnessed this situation for what it is. Nintendo got a half assed, overpriced 3DS game while everyone else got the big new shiny one. Capcom's Switch support has been dreadful, hell most third parties's Switch support has been dreadful.

Attached: 1534454041772.png (507x565, 25K)

No it doesn't. If the product was still appealing to people it will still sell

The PS2 was outselling the PS3 in its early years mind you, is an example. The PS4, with its huge library and upcoming games was still appealing.

> and PC
Which store?

>The PS2 was outselling the PS3 in its early years mind you, is an example.
and the ps3 was viewed as a dismal failure in its early years.

Exactly. The PS2 was way more appealing

then how is it not also a failure for the switch to get outsold by an ancient console in the year of smash and pokemon?

>SAO
>implying anyone wants an anime cashgrab

Eat my left tit.

Attached: 1553947194881.jpg (919x1300, 830K)

Because the Switch didn't have a disastrous launch like the PS3 did

And remember that’s with shit like the 199$ Console + Spider-Man bundle
Nintendo said Fuck you full price and barely got beat by 300k
If they just rolled out dockless Switches and a discount to hit 199$ plus Pokémon
Slaughter just a complete slaughter

>Sonyfags are acting like having a god damn SAO game is a victory.
Oh my stars in heaven this is fucking pathetic.

Attached: 1553858899968.jpg (620x575, 95K)

and? nobody's saying it failed as hard as the launch ps3. it's still pretty bad to still get outsold by an old-ass console and have to revise your sales projections downwards in a year where you released two of your biggest system-sellers.

What is super deep discount close to 100$ off plus a free game?

Yes ma'am!

Which is double weird considering Capcom told Nintendo to upgrade the Switch from 1 gigs ram to 4 so shit like RE Revelations can run 1:1 with the PS4 version

pro-consumer.

Fuck you, I love my weeb games on my xbox. But I won't be getting this because SAO is a trash series.

PS4 was still a more appealing product due to 5 years of a built up game library and multiple price cuts

Age does not matter, for the last time

but people bought the PS2 because it could read DVDs, that's not even comparable to the Switch

>liking SAO

It's a piece of shit.

The Switch is getting a decent number of games but it's best as a primary console with a PC worth a damn.

I’ve noticed Switchfags have become less Nintendo fags and more mustards with a side of Switch

Buddy not all of us are poorfags.

Its estimated about 70% of Switch owners own another system

Attached: facts.png (811x209, 24K)

>Sword Art Online
who gives a shit?

Attached: 1476838090984.jpg (499x496, 58K)

AA stuff should and could be on it in a lot of cases. Nobody barring deluded tendies are expecting DMC5-tier games on the thing.

Switch owners, it seems

Still not on shitch.

Attached: 1526457608626.png (300x196, 17K)

The content of this thread says otherwise OP

So when you think about it there's a 50/50 chance it's sonyfags and nintendofags eating their own. That would explain a lot.

Probably gonna put out the old ports first, then make us beg, THEN finally release it in early 2021, just like the last time

Not worth it for SAO

I own a ps4 and I shit on it all the time. It's a shit console. Just got it for a handfull of exclusives also my pc died and I needed to play RE2 day one

Jesus Christ, this is the most sad post in this entire thread. Imagine acting like you recieve profits on shit games.

How do you know he doesn't work for Gamefreak?

Id be hard pressed to believe this site doesnt have mass nintendo marketers considered how people promote Nintendo daily on this board.

Or there are just a lot of people who like Nintendo games here. Are Sekiro threads made by Fromsoftware employees?

Is there really any valid proof that Sony or Nintendo is aware of this site's existence?

PS2: greatest selling console ever

No, definitely Nintendo marketers
Two cards were sent to Nintendo for censoring games during its worst era.

They were sent for E3 2014 and Satoru Iwata, but keep trying to revise history Snoyfag

Sounds like the actions of sad fanboys. Like the losers who sent Kojima and Gabe cards.

A lot of this is either inaccurate or flat out wrong.
Revelations 2 is fully physical in Japan.
Both Legacy Collections were released as 2 separate pieces in Japan, also in the case of Japan, this was somewhat a blessing as it meant that one could skip the shitty X5-X8 games.
30AC was a ROM dump on all platforms, not just the Switch.
No one gives a fuck about EU.
Okami HD was released physical in Japan and has an English option.
Capcom Beat' em' Up Collection was again released physical in Japan and even had different collector's editions you could buy directly from Capcom's website.
Onimusha also had a physical edition with English option and even a limited edition variant.
For the umpteenth time, Phoenix Wright also had a physical edition, though this time you're shit out of luck with an English option.
Resident Evil I have to concede on. That is a shitty deal, that you can thank Capcom being cheapskates for not getting higher capacity cartridges. Same for the Mega Man Collections.

Lastly no one gives a fuck about Yurop.

>i-it's shit anyway

Fuck off Eric
Literally no one thinks Shitch is funny.

Attached: 8E26AB9D-4F3A-4D98-B7E1-2902743553D1.png (240x240, 1K)

>Japan
We all don't live in Nipland user. I dont wanna have to spend extra to import just because Capcom was too fucking cheap

because it's hardware on par with a fucking gamecube.

Bruh people just like Nintendo
Hell Zelda Odyssey and Mariokart all have over a 50% attachment rate

It's a fucking potato, that's what happened.

So why did the Wii U sell like shit?

>tfw /vp/ autist
>not getting a Switch for SS
I literally don't care about Mario or Zelda at all.

That’s was because fucking Iwata died you retard.

Attached: 913744DC-BF85-4707-875F-9C9E939F57CB.jpg (792x1010, 118K)

People will pretend to like anything or pretend something is relevant if it lines up with a narrative they're trying to push.

The advertising was abysmal
Hardcore Nintendo fan didn’t know it existed
Even they thought it was a just a Wii addon

Then use eBay or Amazon .jp doofus. Point is the option exists, even if it's one you don't like.

>Actually insinuating that people care about Sakura Wars

Attached: 1553393342024.jpg (907x907, 36K)