STOP MAKING MULTIPLAYER GAMES

All of these games have shut down or are going to

>Driveclub (Closing March, 2020. A fucking PS4 game.)
>Blacklight: Retribution
>Just Survive
>Wildstar
>Lawbreakers
>Evolve Stage 2
>Marvel Heroes
>Drawn to Death
>Gigantic
>Nosgoth
>Paragon
>Deformers (remember when that faggot Dunkey shilled this?)
>Ghost in the Shell
>Hawken
>Super Monday Night Combat
>Radical Heights
>Loadout
>Demon Souls
>Age of Empires Online
>Ace of Spades
>Batman Arkham Origins online (online on PS3 and 360 still work)
>A lot of PS3 games like MAG, PSABR and Twisted Metal
>Literally anything powered by Gamespy like older Battlefield games

WHOSE NEXT?

Attached: top 10 shutdown shut down games online closed closures.jpg (1920x1080, 140K)

I'm so sad about losing lawbreakers lmao

arkham origins had online?

Don't forget Hitman Absolution's contract system. The game sucked ass but I was sad to see that go.

Did epic games shut down fortnites tower defense mode yet?

Why bother when they reap more than enough profits from fortnite autists to cover both

Yes, it was 3v3v2, the two being Batman and Robin. It was very fun.

If it’s worth a damn it’ll have a private community. PSO and Socom 2 are still around and they’ve been shut down for like over a decade now.

Are you some kind of child that thinks that video games are as valuable as human rights?
Why do you care?

Sea of Thieves shutdown next plz

Oh shit, that’s going? I beat Absolution a while back and actually meant to give that mode a go. Guess I’ll never get the chance now.

>radical heights

Attached: 1418852762212.jpg (204x220, 16K)

There are many current gen games on this list. Why single out Driveclub?

>demon souls
>free to play

Why not? PS4 generation isn't even over

Hey Ross, when's the next game dungeon you spore spewing cuck?

Same goes for blacklight and drawn to death and i think also deformers.

Driveclub was a big SONY game that was met with meh reviews but was defended to the death on Neogaf - now I don't even see a thread about the game on those sites.

That's pretty much all Sony games.

I see the autistic in you.

This isn't some $20 indie game - this was a $60 retail release game. Don't be autistic, there's a difference.

>driveclub
has under 500 players monthly. not surprising it's going to shut down, the VR was nice though I guess.
>blacklight
it's been alive way too long to begin with
>just survive
h1z1 stopped supporting the survival mode YEARS ago.
>wildstar
a shame, but they launched it p2p, no one bought in.
>lawbreakers
shit game, they didn't fix bugs, didn't listen to complaints, added lootboxes, and tried to compete with a game they had no business competing with.
>evolve
evolve on consoles is still alive, in stage 1, doing alright.
>marvel heroes
a real shame, the game was doing better than ever but after disney bought marvel they were more interested in whoring the licensing rights to EA and squenix. I guess I understand why though, there was 0 goodwill after the bullshit they pulled at launch, but the console versions had been out less than 6 months.
>drawn to death
it's not shut down yet? It never got updates at all, it launched only because it was done.
>gigantic
shit game 0 players
>nosgoth
they didn't listen to player feedback, the game was way too far ahead of itself (if you had/have it installed, go look through the config and ini files, there's settings for iphones and ipad and android versions of the game)
>paragon
again, they didn't listen to the community ,instead saying "we know what's best for the game" then not backing off when their playerbase left.
>deformers
never heard of it
>gits
jap version was doing well, they were too focused on the american version, and the american team refused to bring over major updates, like being able to ride in tachikomas.
>hawken
shit game to begin with, but they went after consoles
>smnc
shit compared to regular mnc, no one played it.
>radical heights
no one wanted this. no one.
>loadout
it's still alive and well, just pc is dead.
>demon souls
pserver's up and running just fine.
>aoe online
never played it, heard good things though.
>ace of spades
again, lack of listening to the community.

listen to your community.

I can't speak for batman since i've never played it, but it's not surprising ps3 games are shutting down either.

if games don't have players, they shut down.
if they don't have players, you didn't care enough to play them, why do you care that they're getting shut down?

A game that has some multiplayer elements does not equate to a multiplayer game
Marvel Heroes, a Multiplayer game, can not be played anymore
Demon Souls, a game with multiplayer elements, can still be played and completed without it
differentiate you nigger

It was $49 on PSN on launch. It was never a full priced game and it was supposed to have a free version released just afterwards but the online portion wasn't functional so they had to delay and cancel it.

>demon souls
OP is a fucking retard, what a surprise?

What a mess of a game, I still think it's worth bringing up.

Kinda sad because the game isn't bad in singleplayer.
Drawn to Death was even more of a mess.
Vidya journos got assmad over the tutorial because a character was being rude to the character you play as.

tf2 will never die

RIP Paragon.
Fuck Epic, I'll never not be mad.

STOP KILLING GAMES

Attached: 1492752644018.jpg (1270x719, 331K)

At least we got all the models and resources released for free, I guess. But yeah, when they removed orb dunking, it put a serious divide in the community, and when epic started firing their own staff who said the changes were making the game no different than any other moba, everyone I know except for me that played, quit. I lost over 150 people on my friends list in under 3 days. I started building it back up, thinking "okay maybe it's not so bad" then they removed harvesters. All those people I met? Gone again. age of intellect, v42, there was only a group of like 250 people still playing the game to begin with, and everyone just stopped playing, it sucks. I was friends with the few streamers that still played and outside of covert (who's still an epic shill and plays fortnite every day) they all pretty much gave up on their dream job. Obviously streaming was never a long term solution but man it must be soul crushing to hear about the game shutting down a week before they make the announcement. Just a week to start preparing for what to do when they say you're no longer important enough to care about, because fortnite makes more money.

OP this is inevitable. Multiplayer games just keep releasing and tons of games will inevitably die. I hate it too but unless there are trillions of people on earth playing games not enough games will be able to sustain good numbers to stay alive.

I just wish that the ones that did live on for many years were often ones I liked but most of the times this doesn't happen. There really is no easy answer here since they will continue to make tons of online mp games unless the industry got completely monopolized. But then that would be far worse for gaming.

>STOP MAKING MULTIPLAYER GAMES
That would be great, but I doubt that's going to happen. I also doubt these people know how to make a decent, fun singleplayer game so we'd likely have no extra games from it happening.

>tfw no more killzone 2 or 3

Really wish they would remaster those games but I think not enough gamers today would even like the games since they are too clunky to play. Especially KZ2. Hell I could even settle for a KZ trilogy remade with less clumsiness in the controls as long as its made well and the animations are still on point.

Attached: 132400697236.png (436x323, 261K)

That kz trilogy remaster is probably due with the ps5. They still want to do something with the franchise, it's obvious by the fact they still make merch, they still bring it up in interviews, and still talk about it as an IP they like. Whereas something like lotd just gets pushed aside every time it's brought up, same as vib ribbon.

Yeah but Shadow Fall basically destroyed the franchise and they never really had a good solid path for the series. They really should just make it mostly like KZ2 with the improved controls from later games and a return of the secondary fire stuff from 1. Also use more of the aesthetics from KZ1. While that wasn't a good game it did at least have some interesting things about it. And campaign has to have one for the Helghast this time. I like this series a lot but I'll admit its got serious flaws about it.