Games that ruined the series for you

Games that ruined the series for you

Attached: 1AC4369E-8A97-4029-B6E9-DFE2EAC167A1-4109-0000055FA3B5D3EA.jpg (739x415, 29K)

there's literlly 2 games in the series...
i didnt bother with the sequel but I think the first game was solid. better than the reviews were making it out to be. honestly surprised it even got a sequel.

NOW... you know what they need to do? deadspace 4. i had 'fun' with deadspace 3 because of the weapon crafting system but it could not compare to the first two games. i wonder if 3 sold so poorly they decided to can the series.

AC3, made me drop AC games.
Skyward Sword, just wasn't hyped for it and haven't played a Zelda game since it's announcement.
Pokemon Black and White, dropped the series once I saw it was heading in the direction those games indicated.

>dead space 4
user I...

Wolfenstein should not be a cutscene heavy cover based shooter

Attached: 51mRkJgGTpL._SX377_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (379x499, 30K)

>hey games imitate bethsada
God dammit mikami

>the series
The Evil Within 1 is a fucking mess plot wise and a clunky video game every other wise

The Evil Within 2 is objectively better in every way

twilight princess was that game for me.. but you should really try breath of the wild

Black and White are the best in the series

>enjoying asscreed ever
asscreed 1 literally made me cry when I was 13. I begged my mom for that game for christmas.

I had never even played a video game I didn't like at that point in my life. let alone one I despise.

Yeah except they took the balance and interesting mechanics out of 2.
Stealth? Overpowered. Resources? Stentiful. Risk- Reward with traps? Gone. Matches? Gone. Literally Soulless.
Compared to the first game, It also had boring boss fights than doesn't push the character enough.

Calling it now. I have very little hope for the next 3D Zelda.

Attached: botw.jpg (1200x630, 238K)

"for me"

Attached: PaperMarioStickerStarCover.jpg (256x227, 45K)

Reasonable.

objectively caused the series' nosedive

Attached: downhillfromhere.jpg (220x293, 18K)

DMC5. Casualized everything without even trying to make the enemies more of a challenge. Bosses felt like they're holding back. Story was bad fan wank. Vergil gets abandonment issues and inferiority complex as his motivation. None of his usual power autism. Ugly artstyle. No interest on future Capcom games.

>AC3
Fucking this and I haven’t touched a Ubishit game since.

anthem.

Attached: c06b96122fabf4ef939c32c476c57f9a.jpg (444x640, 113K)

That was Undercover tho

Only just bought this game yesterday and barely made it to the 1st save point. Are there really no more matches? That was one of my favorite things about the first game. I heard people who liked the 1st dont tend to like the 2nd but I figured I'd give it a shot

>Games that ruined the series for you
Danganronpa V3
I never played a game that ruined the immersion this hard like this ending.

Attached: 1507913398489.png (578x987, 537K)

Matches are indeed out. 2's a pretty different beast from 1, it's definitely more polished but the charm of it all takes quite the hit, not only mechanically but thematically as well. I'd say it's worth a playthrough on Nightmare but if the aesthetic was what sold you on the first then color me surprised if you'll want to replay 2.

Both those games are trash and hope they can never be considered a 'series'.

The survival horror genre should excommunicate everybody involved in the making of TEW.

Attached: ZnsAZL5.gif (300x225, 852K)

TEW was adequate in the absence of RE having its shit together. Truth be told, I even prefer TEW1 to RE4.

how can a game ruin a series for you
if you don't like it, just don't play it
silent hill is one of my all time favourite series of vydia even though the majority of the series are some of the shittiest horror video games

Seconding this, been playing since Red/Blue was new.

Because the future of a franchise affects your view upon the initial game. It's inescapable. You are supporting something that would ultimately be disappointing to you. There's a reason why classicfags are salty about RE4 and all the OTS games.

It was oodles better than the first game imo.
I can tell because I actually bothered finishing it.

>Spent more than 200 hours on the first game because I loved it and for speedruns purpose
>hyped as fuck when they announce TEW2
>the premise of the game is dumb as fuck but okay, the first chapter is cool
>nearly everything else is meh as best

I'm not even sure I'd buy TEW3 at this point.

Attached: 1426438886017.jpg (1091x1200, 1.37M)

The Evil Within didn't necessarily ruin the series for me, but it did feel like a major step down and shows that the game was stronger when it had more Japanese-like horror rather than western "horror".

The Evil Within 2 didn't necessarily ruin the series for me, but it did feel like a major step down and shows that the game was stronger when it had more Japanese-like horror rather than western "horror".

I think that says more about the state of western horror and how bad it is compared to other types of horror, than the game. As an American, foreign horror is genuinely scarier and more impactful than anything we could possibly make now.

Attached: if only you knew.jpg (252x200, 7K)

>you now remember Undercover's QTE intro sequence

god that was dumb as shit

Wasn't that the run

sell me on it a bit more user, because I played RE4 for the first time last month and I had a big ass smile the entire time playing.

CS:GO left a terrible shit taste in my mouth. I remember as a kid on the original release just fucking around in custom maps or a server with rotating map lists with all the valve maps. Or even things like the warcraft mod on servers

Now all it consists of is de_dust2 and a player base who treats it like progaming MLG shit. Fuck everyone who plays this

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-18-10-29-04.png (1440x3120, 2.13M)

>Because the future of a franchise affects your view upon the initial game
Yeah, if you're autistic.

The new god of war reboot. I love the old formula despite flaws

Botw. I want structure in my zelda games but thankfully we are getting a remake of an actual zelda game.

>le bad gaem may may

literally better than demake2 stay FOOKIN mad lol

>he didn't play on classic

LMFAO

Had hopes for the 1-3 remake but it's SO FUCKING CLUNKY

Attached: Crash_-_Mind_over_Mutant_Coverart.png (220x274, 151K)

Classic still isn't that hard. I played on Nightmare on TEW1 to compare and it's easy in comparison. The open world meme completely ruins the balance of resources.

Nobody brought up re2make in the thread. Obsessed?

Depends on your wants and preferences really. TEW is a worse action game but in my opinion a better horror one. TEW's a bit jank mechanically but it's also a hell of a mindfuck in spots and that sort of thing does it more for me than something like RE4. If you're in it for the action mechanics, you might want to try grabbing a buddy and going for RE5/6. If you don't want to go co-op, maybe play Dead Space 1/2 instead. But if you're playing RE4 and wishing it was a bit more of a horror experience, I think TEW1 puts forth an effort to be that in its own way.

You know how basically every third person shooter game has always cribbed stuff from RE4 and put a new spin on it? Dead Space was RE4 but in space, Shadows of the Damned was RE4 but with punk and dick jokes.

TEW is basically what happens if they take RE4 and just make it again. It's probably a bit scarier than RE4, with a bit more psychological themes, but it's thoroughly an unabashed clone and it's pretty good for it.

>Not Twinsanity

Dead Space 2
Mass Effect 2
Max Payne 3

Not that they ruined the previous entries in the series, but that they were the death of the series

>AC3
Haven't enjoyed an AC game since

Terrible game, a huge disappointment after New Order and Old Blood. The level design, weapon variety, and forced stealth was such ass

I was astounded they actually did LESS than the first with the wild "being inside a crazy mans mind" routine.
Zombies in suburbia with floating rocks? A gallery? A castle? This is the best they could imagine?
I can count the number of physics defying, mind bending stuff on one hand too, what an actual waste.
Dont get me started on the melodramatic wife reveal and death

The series has been going downhill for a while but this killed any faith I had in the series

Attached: FINAL-FANTASY-XV_20161127125208.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

BW actually made them do a 180 and overdo the safe and repetitive formula. Its actually worse they didnt stick with BW ideas

The ending was fucking great, I love the message behind it

Twinsanity is a lot of fun, it wouldve been amazing if they had an extra year to finish it

Dead Space 2 is the best one you moron

Attached: 1499118370643.jpg (206x244, 10K)

For me it was FF13. Not just cause it was bad, but everything about it from the setting to the story and gameplay basically showed SE did not have a clue what the appeal of FF was.
They sacrificed roleplaying in a big world cause they thought fans valued confusing-for-the-sake-of-confusing plots and nice graphics in a futuristic setting. FFX and FF12 have their detractors, but theres a lot I love about them and you can feel the passion behind them. FF13 feels like someone going "This is what the fans like right? I think?"

>ye of little taste
I guess if you like a voiced protag, cutscenes out the ass, and boring environments, it was the best one

TEW1
> horror
>survival
>mystery
>safehead monster
>dark and claustrobhic atmosphere

TEW2
>OPEN WORLD YAAY
>TLOU MECHANICSSSSS!!!
> LOOK AT MY GRAFIIICKS
>streamlined no mystery plot
> COLLECT COLLECT COLLECT

FUCK THIS FUCKING GAME.
I hate when games just copy success of other AAA titles. Just fucking do your own thing.