Dante will never be this cool again

Yeah, DMC1 is full of Matrix-era cheese and stuff but Dante was a guy with big cojones and a lot of passion/honor. 3 Dante comes close, but every other version of Dante has just been wacky and detached. I miss him bros

Attached: file.png (795x1080, 360K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r4pZHb6QSuo
youtube.com/watch?v=MDDe8zwov9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=FA77bPVCc9w
youtu.be/aX3zWOZAmU0?t=419
twitter.com/DevilMayCry/status/1111644180269285378
youtube.com/watch?v=hwQyuhCXH3I
youtube.com/watch?v=zT5ZULhp8Po
youtu.be/kJVZDPtO8WA
youtube.com/watch?v=fKTTbExGQIU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

5Dante is the closest he's been to 1Dante in a long time

Total bullshit.
/thread

Attached: D2rv5qEW0AAx3q8.jpg (1200x714, 88K)

1 Dante is boring.
3>5>1>4>2

Attached: 1553294618360.jpg (642x717, 29K)

garbage fucking thread

5 Dante>3 Dante>1 Dante=4 Dante>2 Dante

DMC1 Dante doesn't even have a personality, stop parading this bullshit incarnation of the character

A man of guts and honor. I like that. But it's ashame you serve moondust.

Attached: TrustNoOneNotEvenYou'reself.jpg (1024x740, 55K)

What difficulty do you guys usually grind M13 with? I've tried SoS and DMD both. DMD sooms like the better option just because the enemies last longer = more orbs but it's a proper struggle to get through and I only made abt 100k from my last run.

is the anime series worth a watch? I remember giving it a try way back, but didn't get so far and there was no cool fight scenes so I just stopped watching it and played the games instead

5 dante comes the closest to cheeto dante

Vergil...I love him!

Attached: 1553029186871.jpg (1000x1106, 218K)

It's slice of life. You won't get good fights if that's what you're looking for.

I do too!

Attached: vergil_sdt.png (1706x1709, 1.97M)

I don’t grind
If you’ve got the free time for it and you’re absolutely starving for more DMC like me sure, give it a watch. It has a few good songs in the ost too

it's a slice of life with Dante as a demon hunter, it's sort of interesting if you think of it as Dante being bored throughout the whole anime. There's some pretty ace soundtracks though.

youtube.com/watch?v=r4pZHb6QSuo

Honestly I kinda get this, while I do love his wacky woohoo pizzaman personality from 345 I kinda miss when he took things seriously and was the kinda guy who'd say absolutely dumb shit with the sincerest conviction. In 3 Dante had a few moments like that, 4 had a couple but he was a bit dismissive during them, 5 should've been full of them but that just wasn't the case, everything was treated in a laidback, "pfft yeah" manner which I feel undermined the gravity of the plot a bit and led to some of the inconsistencies in tone and pacing.

>No more kaneko designs.

Attached: 1541730088759.jpg (210x240, 9K)

Threadly reminder that Agnus' monocle is c-c-custom made, and Dante is a murderer.

Attached: agnus.jpg (225x225, 11K)

Watched it subbed for all that is holy please. This isn't isn't Reuben's-type Dante.

>not liking his 2 design

Attached: 7309CE6D-F8FE-4489-960F-560DBB57DA97.jpg (366x529, 42K)

If you can stomach the shitfest that is the first episode, the rest of the series is pretty alright with some good moments, just its absolute biggest shortcoming, bigger than the underwhelming fight scenes, is how it keeps bringing up really cool ideas that you expect would be expanded upon but never are.

Piss off, demon ass.

Attached: 045C8E59-9130-402E-9376-2B74FE457680.jpg (540x676, 66K)

That's probably the whole reason why Itsuno created Nero in the first place, Itsuno never really knew how to write Dante properly and never thought of him as his character. Nero is Itsuno's own character that tries to prove himself as someone on the same level as Dante, as if Itsuno's trying to prove something to Kamiya.

He looks like the Infamous dude here

For sure. Seeing some of 1 Dante's fire and soul getting into things would've improved things greatly. That entire situation was the perfect opportunity for him to do but I don't know if it's Reuben's delivery or just how it was set-up, but moments like "The thing is, she went looking for you too," or "he's your father," and even "that last shred of humanity you had, you just lost it" didn't ring true.

guess I'm gonna watch it at work then, I can't play the game anyway on the pc at my workplace, it's might be the closest thing to enjoying DMC while I'm not at home

Good. His designs are trash.

I'd rather see Nero take over for real then, because at least Nero can grow and see change. Dante's stuck in this rut where he can't grow as a character and responds to everything with a shrug. Which is cool until you realize it isn't.

Cole McGrath?
Come to think of it, they never got to meet each other in PSASBR. That upsets me a little bit.

Switch 5 and 4 and you might be right. Honestly though the “newer” Dante has more going for him than the OG, some just miss 1s cheesy and earnest charm

"Dad, I'm 25 years old you dont need to read me poetry before bed!"

t.zoomer

Because Dante wasn't in PSASBR, maybe

Attached: ssb vs psasbr.jpg (580x5673, 453K)

Yeah, but Nero doesn’t have style switching, and Devil Arm/Gun switching.

>Dante has a throwaway line in the prequel book saying "he has an important birthday party to go to" while fighting Urizen Round 1.
>mfw he never says it in game.

Attached: tenor.gif (234x176, 1.48M)

>I'd rather see Nero take over for real then
Nero's arc is literally over, though. He's now in the exact same position Dante was in DMC4. Worse even, he's probably in the same position Dante is in right now in DMC5 since all of his setbacks have been resolved.

I demand...s-sauce!

It’s more like he’s trying to prove something to the fans rather than Kamiya, or that’s my interpretation
>Dante can’t grow as a character
Well yeah the guy is like 40 years old at this point

We got Donte instead.

Yeah man exactly, I guess you can say HE HAS HIS FACE BUT HE'LL NEVER HAVE HIS FIRE

Vergil this is not what I meant about Thicc thighs in thigh highs....

Attached: sparda cute.png (550x373, 15K)

>implying no one’s not going to do anything with that more power bit and his reliance on Kyrie

This. 5Dante is my second favorite Dante as a result, too.

Father! You must accept me!

He is lost to the flowers now

Attached: 1541892285739.jpg (500x314, 67K)

Attached: D23e0ZMU4AAYR3g.jpg:orig.jpg (1530x2363, 791K)

DMC1 Dante was never cool

He also didn't have Breaker Arms until 5 either.

is there anyone here motivated enough who got the plat for DMC5? usually when I love a game this much I can't put it down until I don't 100% it, but this one might be different, I'm even struggling on sos at some parts, I can't imagine beating it one hell and hell and stuff like that
maybe if I'd put much more time into it, I don't have too much time for vydia these past few weeks, I'm not good enough

I felt Dante in 5 wa similar to how he was back in 1. Knew when it was time to goof off and when it was time to be serious because shit got real.

This party's getting depressing. Let's cry
youtube.com/watch?v=MDDe8zwov9Y

Perhaps both could be true for each other, I can see how/why he should've taken 4 more seriously with the sudden realisation he has family again, but then again he does take things seriously in the ending, and seems to just be on a high the whole game.

Anyway yeah, Itsuno Dante has a more nuanced personality than GUTS N HONOUR which is probably why I'm a bit more disappointed that his deeper personality isn't explored as well as it was in 3

It's never too late to learn about poetry, son.

Eh, if it's modern DMC I like Nero more than Dante and I'm convinced people like current Dante because of previous games.

DMC1 Dante is the best among the bunch, I accept 3 Dante because he was a kid. Wahoo Pizza 50 year old guy is not as cool as it sounds to be honest.

>E3 19
>Nintendo remembers SMTV exists and actually shows it
>It uses Kaneko designs
That would make me almost as happy as DMC5 reveal trailer.

100%ing is for OCD spergs who enjoy being bored to tears on very easy mode. No damage DMD and combo fun is where it's at and Human as a mode should never be touched.

Nero has the inherent setback of his anger issues, they could probably squeeze some story out of that that remains true to the series theme of being better than your nature

>Kyrie snuggles up to Nero as Vergil reads them poetry before they fall asleep
>Even after Nero and Kyrie just got done fucking

Absolutely not. He's ascended memelord status.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Moondust steals kyrie ?

>tfw Dante never ate sundae with 18 year old Patty like a father daughteru get together

Attached: 156745312343.jpg (663x579, 38K)

Flock off, zoomer

>tenor
what is this
why do i keep seeing it

>Making even more enemies
Mundus might be retarded, but not THAT retarded

Neat

>GUTS N HONOUR
The fact that this is a taunt in 5 made me smile

>not Pain
youtube.com/watch?v=FA77bPVCc9w

Attached: vergil hmm.png (1419x1080, 821K)

Some shitty website that uploads gifs. Why people are still using gifs in CURRENT YEAR I'll never know.

But Nero's power autism is just there to set up the pottery contrast with Vergil's. Vergil lost what he wanted to protect and let his quest for power be the end goal itself so it consumed him. Nero still had something to protect and succeeded, twice.

If a writer messes up with that it's going to be bad as it'd be a retcon of the core of Nero's character just because of some stupid meme moment at the end of bloody palace.

>and his reliance on Kyrie
>A retread of DMC4's shit plot
I really hope the writers aren't that stupid.

Why don’t you think 5 explores him as well as 3 did? I think it did a good job considering there are serveral other characters rather than just him and 3 others

People that are lazy enough to google "black kid crying meme gif" for a reaction image

>he's helping them make a grandchild

In some senses, but the way that Reuben plays him is pretty one-note. So instead of seeming invested and serious, he just seems like he's smirking at the crowd and ready to do a 900 flip. It's to where, on paper, he's somewhat close to DMC1 Dante, but in actuality it's just 4 Dante with a bit less of a high. I can't help but imagine how much nicer things would've been for the plot if Dante was vulnerable at all, and just had heart and soul to show his estranged brother in that gruff voice of DMC1 which was, cheesy or not, always full of conviction.

wait a fuckin second what, fill my dark soul with light user

Doi is the SMT guy now and you know it.

>>A retread of DMC4's shit plot
>I really hope the writers aren't that stupid.
This, but unironically

Same

Attached: 18CAA16B-E80B-490D-A8BB-0194BC5BD539.png (500x480, 137K)

That's the worst scene in 5. He's still way better in 5 overall than he is in 2-4.

You mean during fucking.

It's a taunt. Dante just kinda does the usual Langdon (smirk) "Guts and honor, huh..." It's a throwaway line and you can practically hear Dante shrugging.

Attached: bottle.jpg (565x561, 33K)

Alister best sword.

Vergil wouldnt interrupt. Kyrie gets VICIOUS when her snu snu time Nero is interrupted. Poor Vergil, his wounds healed but he can still feel the pain

At around A or S rank one of Dante's taunts can be him going, "Hehehehehe guts n honor."

>worst
Best. Don’t be so srz business

People say that V reminds them of adam driver, but to me he looks much more similar to young David Bowie.

Attached: Screenshot (32).png (1866x1021, 1.11M)

Nero doesn't even have his own Moondust or a lifelong rival even, there's tons of things to go for Nero from here.

>Nero has the inherent setback of his anger issues
But that was the whole point of this game. He already learned to channel that into something positive. Since before the game, even, when he tamed his anger by exposing himself to the annoying kids from the orphanage, which mellowed him out and it's the reason why he's good at taking Nico's banter. Nero's anger issues is literally the central theme of DMC5.

how the fuck do you do backslide in the void

Attached: file.png (550x166, 112K)

The ending theme stood out to me because most of the episodes ended on a bittersweet at best note and then we get the credits of Dante getting drunk staring at a picture of his family

not bowie
not even a little bit

youtu.be/aX3zWOZAmU0?t=419

He's a dead ringer for Ezra Miller though

Good. 1Dante put me to sleep. His speech after Griffon died is so boring. I'm happy that this guy never returns.

I think his face isn't skeletal enough to be Late 60's Bowie. Now someone post that V image with the sunglasses and Mercury mustache.

>DLC starts with Kyrie being killed
God I would laugh hard

Honestly just a couple posts after yours someone else pretty much summed it up for me.

As said, his characterisation isn't adequately like y'know, filled with conviction and seriousness when he should be, nor does he undertake any major development aside from getting Vergil back. In a way he's more like 1 Dante in the way that they both drove the plot but were barely affected by it, at least within the span of the game. We see the impact 1 has on him in the anime and 2 but whatever, outside of the scope I'm talking right now. In 5 his long lost brother, the reason he's cripplingly depressed and the world is getting fucked up by a giant demon tree, returns. Does Dante really change cause of it? He has no development, he kinda just sighs and goes "not this shit again". Nothing changes for him, nothing is explored, because he doesn't let it change him, he acts like Vergil returning and fucking shit up is just another day in the life of Vergil, not like "holy shit my brother who I've expressed heaps of care for has returned from the dead a second time, this is my chance to save him" or anything remotely like that. The lack of him treating anything seriously or acting like there's anything at stake is the reason why he doesn't develop or get explored, again it's because he just doesn't let it happen.

>Nero doesn't even have his own Moondust
He had three.
>or a lifelong rival even
He literally did, and if you introduce a new one it won't be a "lifelong" one.

Without killing Kyrie, how do you even advance Nero's plot? He's already crossed the lived happily ever after finishing line. Capcom has enough experience to know it's a terrible idea to mess up with a character that has already reached that point (see: phoenix wright).

That's purely arbitrary. Canon already allows him to have both an unlimited variety of weapons thanks to magic arm shenanigans and any weapon they don't just decide to throw at Dante.

For the entire game he's brushing people off and rushing headfirst into the situation all because Vergil is involved. In both 5 and Before the Nightmare, his one track mind when it comes to Vergil is a key part of his characterisation.
That's why Nero's intervention scene isn't just for Vergil.
Dante is genuinely in the wrong for most of DMC5 because if aforementioned Vergil autism and THAT is the part of him that is explored in the story

Who was his rival? If you say V he was barely one, and they never fought once.

yeah but 5Dante is more fuckable than ever

This. Adding to that a bit, I get why Dante would go "I'll have to kill him again." It's a retread from 3. But he also had some regrets, and they fucked him up. He dispatches of Nelo in 1 but there's a bit of a canonicity issue between 1 and 3 and, long made short, Dante didn't know until it was done. He should have had some actual response to Vergil beyond vitriol. He tries to talk to Urizen but it has no organic lead-in or build up. It was just, "All right so we're gonna fight but man did I ever tell ya that mom tried saving you too? I didn't tell you this in the previous times we met but now it's important because of PLOT." Yet despite reasoning that he has to kill Vergil, he doesn't stick with it either. He's all over the place. The plot has great undertones but is very messy in practice.

Credo but they kinda fucked it up straight killing him in 4. I'm expecting Credo to return

Are you seriously trying to discuss plot without having played DMC4?

Attached: dmc i seriously hope you demons don't do this.png (966x1128, 601K)

I am immensely grateful

I can see that, but also the execution kinda flopped once Dante came into the spotlight and took the game away from Nero, I could see it gearing up to be "Nero goes nuclear and needs to reel himself in" but it ends up coming off as "Nero seethes about being called dead weight while everyone else memes on him"

Sure, but in terms of sheer sadness factor I reckon Pain has it beat. I'll Be Your Home is a sorta medium but extended sad, Pain is like a strong concentrated one, if that makes any sense at all

>and THAT is the part of him that is explored in the story
It isn't explored. Touched upon, but explored. He charges headlong because this is his gig. That's what he tells everyone. Nobody puts him on the spot about anything in this game. Nero eventually intercepts the dueling brothers, but there's no actual exploration of Dante's character there.

>Credo
>fought once

I'm talking three time boss fight

V is literally young Freddie Mercury.

Attached: 6n62fS4.png (511x397, 54K)

pls reply, how do i reverse this

>fancy twink
>died of aids on top of a man
Checks out.

It is explored, just not in big exposition dumps. His entire attitude and manner throughout the entire game is the exploration of this from an external view.
V's spiel to Nero after mission 17 is also probably the most direct moment of it

Sure, sure, then I guess I'm wrong in saying that he doesn't have any issues explored, but I don't think I'm wrong when I talk about the execution. If people had pulled him up on being so narrow-minded throughout the story it could've drawn more attention to "Hey Dante's actually kinda fucked up and trying to kill his brother with no real reason, we need to reel him in", which would then make Nero's intervention work even better. It was already my favourite part of the game but all these themes and undercurrents came to a head in a way that felt kinda rushed, like Nero suddenly gets over his anger at Vergil cause Kyrie says she trusts him, Nero tells Dante to fuck off, don't be a dipshit and don't kill your brother, and Dante just kinda goes "meh alright, guess I'll go nap then"

I don't have much to say other than I totally agree with you and I love you user

Furies in 5 already meet that pathetic definition of "lifelong rival".

Do the input relative to the enemy, not relative to Dante's position

I see chin and maybe the space between mouth and nose is similar.

I hope someone recolors Vergil's default outfit to be DMC3 colors. The EX is nice and all, but the coat is all ripped up.

Attached: 60001143_p5.jpg (700x700, 464K)

I think you could build future stories out of Nero or Dante simply by having them help people. Nero is more obviously suited to this, but it's not like they don't both run a business specifically to solve demon problems. It's not mandatory that every story involving saving the day has the protagonist go through a life-changing event; in many cases their basic personality drives them all the way through.

Kek

This. He's a lot less high spirited than in 4, likely because Vergil's back in the picture and he's not just fighting against an old fart.

What you're suggesting is roughly what the anime tried to do, and to be honest I think it could work well if executed upon better than in the anime. A lot of the time Dante hears/experiences some deep shit but then says nothing and fucks off home to get drunk, but it's Dante in particular who's become the series mentor who's supposed to guide everyone else, it's the role he took in 2 and 4, and should've taken in 5

Guess fighting Vergil for 11th time and more is the best course of action

I'm so fucking sick of Vergil. They're worse than Sephiroth fanboys at this point.

Dante will never look this stylish again

Attached: dmc stylish.png (766x768, 460K)

A lot of it could have been spread out and dumped more clearly, but DMC isn't really the place for that. It's never been the kind of series to do expositions on characters' feelings and inner thoughts, that role is more relegated to the novels.
As for Nero, it doesn't really feel to me that he got over his anger at Vergil, rather that knows that it isn't the time for that as the Quliphoth is still fucking shit up. He still tries to get Vergil and Dante to stay in which they probably would have hashed things out after cutting down the Tree, but the game ends there.

So all in all, I do agree that it has the potential to be fleshed out a lot more. But I also feel like there's a lot more depth in what IS there than some people give it credit for.

Good talk nonetheless.

Attached: cursed.png (512x512, 496K)

The last leg of the game is kind of a mess honestly. The familiars forcing Dante to slay 'em so that Vergil can be freed of his turmoil was nice. Not once does Dante refer to Griffon as featherface and it triggers my autism a little bit. But it gave me hope, because that was a nice narrative bit. Then the brothers fight and it was just something out of DBZ narratively. 3's final climax got the gravitas it deserved and it was a significant moment for both twins. Here it just felt like a by the numbers sort of, "Well, this is the end of the game so...let's just do this." Also, it's kind of weird how everyone else is like "You can't kill your father, man!" It's one thing coming from Dante because he knows what he's going to do. But Trish hadn't been in any action since getting dunked on by Urizen. Lady had some say in it and, in a nice moment, it was fine because we know what she went through and that much was done well. But shit. Dante wants to kill Vergil for this whole Qliphoth incident, and because Vergil's "let go" of the last of his humanity. Then Nero slaps him and suddenly he's all "oh, well, whatever I guess I'm over it." No conviction. It's one thing to be swayed by Nero's speech, but he didn't contemplate or resist or anything. He just gets slapped and changes his mind.

delete this pic
I know where you live

what makes the taunts change? I swear I've been trying to taunt at different style ranks but I've only seen like 3 taunts per characters, not counting the air taunts

I hate this picture
please refrain from using it on future posts

For me the danger in stories that aren't about the personal development of the leads is the Japanese love of surprise melodrama. If they can avoid that, any kind of plot should be fine as long as the characters can act like themselves. They're entertaining as is. Having the characters interact more would be an improvement too; people keep coming up with little stories set outside the games because they want more of them.

I refuse.

Attached: cursed2.png (512x512, 645K)

please I have a wife and kids

Maybe because he realized nero is serious as fuck and that bitch slap wasnt just a bitch slap and more of a I'm willing to fight you both at once with my full power to save you. He decided to let Nero do his thing and see what happens. Why is everyone here so autistic and can't read between the lines?

They can join us

Attached: cursed4.png (512x513, 546K)

i dont know how anyone can say this with a straight face considering how garbage dmc1 dantes voice acting and dialogue is

Needs some blush marks on this kawaii uguu

Nero is a Vergil tier weeb.
>SCUM
For fuck's sake.

Attached: D2swXdvXgAAbBrH.png (900x650, 257K)

Attached: 15324642894328.png (461x235, 120K)

Submit

Attached: cursed3.png (512x512, 630K)

what the FUCK PLEASE user

The point that's been discussed here is that Dante is pretty fucking whimsical nowadays. He deals with everything with a shrug. He's going through the motions with no real drive or agency and anytime he shows some he lets go. In this case it's because he trusts Nero's judgement, but these things could have all been done better. Reading through the lines is fine and frankly necessary, but you have to admit that a lot of the issues people have with the plot of 5 is because it plainly wasn't done as well as it could have been.

delete this

Attached: 1481491632539.png (192x286, 19K)

Why do the women look so bad?

twitter.com/DevilMayCry/status/1111644180269285378
Remember to take the survey.

Attached: D21lVoNWoAIdJsV.jpg (1200x827, 129K)

It was 2001 so it's forgivable but Reuben is a mediocre actor in the current day even for vidya.

>No novelization anime
Fuck man

Gilver sucks, he died from bullets.

Fuck you.

Attached: 1553903575103.png (1280x1280, 1.05M)

Now that Vergil is back, they could both be improved on in future games, as dante now has something to bounce off of.

Yeah but they could change that. His character is interesting and oldschool Dante/Tony is fun to see.

>Dante fighting million clones of his mom

Attached: 1511989930859.gif (200x150, 994K)

user I've died from a bullet before and it wasn't fucking fun at all
movies have desensitized you to this shit I hate this generation

Here's hoping. But he's had Lady and Trish, and Nero to boot. He got almost no time with Nero in 5. Dunno why Trish and Lady just get kicked to the side after their debut games.

I want a game where you play as Dante and Vergil again and nobody else. Split the missions 10/10. Just ONE game like this and I'll be entirely satisfied.

Attached: 62d4f4df2e6111e14fd4161b25360191.png (500x1158, 476K)

For the people that pirated the game and bought later, where you able to transfer your savefile? im planning on buying the game once BP drops but i legit dont wanna start from scratch

Attached: 1553556194363.png (1152x628, 72K)

>user I've died from a bullet before and it wasn't fucking fun at all
Hey Dante? This one has a password.

Attached: 1552560123379.jpg (1245x705, 137K)

>I've died from a bullet before

Here's hoping they never come back and it's a Nero game from now on

Attached: uJEewer.png (354x441, 217K)

I don't see a reason why it won't work.

I didn't pirate it, but I've read that pirated versions, specifically CODEX versions, can't load their save files in the legit game.

Kek

>I've died from a bullet before
LOCAL user IS TOO MOTIVATED TO DIE BEFORE EXPERIENCING PLAYABLE VERGIL AND BLOODY PALACE
CAN ANYBODY STOP HIM?

Attached: Vergil-vergil-dmc-39903777-369-500.jpg (369x500, 31K)

>He got almost no time with Nero in 5.
They were probably trying to focus more on v and Nero's relationship rather than dante's. We got a pretty decent characterization of vergil and anything related to dante suffered because of the focus being more on nero and v.

>user I've died from a bullet before

Attached: 3308720.jpg (392x421, 28K)

well shit. but can i download a completed savefile from someone else? i already S ranked most of the hard settings so i dont care them not being mine

Attached: Dismal.png (340x537, 291K)

Yeah, I agree user, apart from the bit where you said DMC isn't the place for it. 3 had a damn near perfect story with clear motivations, arcs and all that, so I can't help but hold everything up against it. But otherwise yeah you're pretty much all correct my dude.

Again you've got it right on the head user, Dante didn't even treat the death of the familiars with enough gravitas which was sincerely disappointing, sure he was a bit sad but I feel the execution really could've been better than "Rest in peace, little chicken". Perhaps it would've even benefitted from him just staying silent and for once not cracking a joke, just like after Vergil 3 and Nelo 3? But yeah, from that point on everything seemed pretty stilted and by the numbers, like "well shit Nero's turmoil isn't resolved so we need to fix that, we need to have a cool Dante and Vergil fight, and we need to give Nero a cool final fight with some emotional weight" but everything just blows itself off as not serious, even just Dante and Vergil getting up after the final boss and kinda fucking off like nothing happened. Like cmon man, please. Dante telling Nero that "because of you we can go, capische?" was alright but it felt like they put it in just because it was otherwise too barren.

To be honest, the melodrama is ok, just needs to be fleshed out. But yeah holy shit what fleshing out we got of the characters and their relationships was really entertaining, I got happy every time Lady swung by the diner to join Dante for a meal and call him a dumbarse. As you said, they're fun characters on their own, and even more fun when they interact with each other and we see their dynamics too.

basically what said, but with the addition that the story itself literally doesn't have any indication that he treats it as such, he straight up says "whatever I don't care, I'm gonna have a nap".

Good conversation, lads and potential laddettes. Thanks.

As much as I like Nero, Dante is just more fun. He's a better character with more tools to play with and his attitude is far more invigorating and motivating to watch.

Nero can't sell the game on his own, bud.

How am I supposed to get this gold orb with Nero?

Attached: Devil May Cry 5_20190330093720.jpg (1920x1080, 284K)

No way, the game will be too heavy for shipping.

Attached: 1552481100536.jpg (495x455, 39K)

Attached: 54770921.jpg (762x762, 102K)

So is coop BP basically confirmed at this point, or is it still only "confirmed via datamines"?

too much deadweight can't lift himself up

Still only "confirmed" from datamines

im gonna confess something, i only find fun Nero in 5 when using the Super costume cuz i can go unga bunga so hard, its like a totally different game

Attached: 1494789212878.gif (299x200, 2.91M)

>Imagine thinking Nero can carry a game without Dante or Vergil

Attached: 1553555984158.jpg (552x567, 14K)

I'm actually not sure you can do that either. The reason the pirated versions can't transfer their save files is because they don't have the right Steam ID. I assume it works the same for even legit save files.

Max act launcher into air hike into wing flap

I want this too but itsuno needs to stick Nero in the game for his moveset. The most well get is dlc.

By melodrama I mean stuff that takes over the plot and makes everything too serious. This series is inherently melodramatic in the sense that the stakes are absurd and everyone is always out for blood, but the main characters are campy enough to keep things fun.

Oh righto righto I get you, the over the top dramatic chuuni animeshit right?

max act back+attack and air taunt

Sheeeiiiiit. I'm worried it either won't be coming with base BP or won't come at all.

well i guess i'll buy it and download it and just replace the executable with the crack and keep using the pirated version as my main

Attached: 1552603891138.jpg (960x640, 105K)

Or worse. It's single player BP but with random players or their ghost data coming into your levels, and there's no way to turn it off.

Attached: 120.gif (200x216, 2.99M)

Underrated

why are people freaking out over a shitty joke

his dialogue was campy as hell and he sounded like goku. he's endearing but not 'cool' in dmc1

This but swap 3 and 5

Thanks, will try that

I like that they have this question. The first time I see such thing in the official survey.

Attached: 1M83kJ0.png (1290x39, 4K)

If you get Super Dante it's not an issue. Understandably, at that point it's almost moot to be farming but it's absolutely better. And if you're that far into DMD you may as well.

to get in the screencap that will not happen

Right. It would be a mistake to have characters getting upset by some crisis when they should be hitting it with their new boat while ordering a pizza. As long as they keep the spirit the same, they can do whatever and still make an enjoyable experience.

God, this game would've looked bad even by last gen standards.

anyone else though when Urizen said
>How are you so strong, you never lost anything
Dante was going to said something akin to
>i lost a dear brother once

Attached: 1552602782915.png (432x497, 339K)

Oh fucking kek

Well this was a fanservice game, they wanted it to be as faithful as possible.

The amount of nostalgia some people have DMC1 is insane.
DMC1 Dante is a fucking dork with legendarily bad voice acting, any bullshit about him being "cooler" than other versions of Dante is purely your imagination.

You lot to argue about mundane shit that don't matter as if to prove something to someone here

Why can I only select one platform? I bought it for PC and PS4.

Where do you think we are

thats what every board is like

I never thought DMC1 Dante was cool. His design had too much red and his voice acting was laughably bad. The bat wing motif of alastor coupled with his blood red clothes just make him look like a vampire cosplayer

Hm, I somewhat differ there, I feel a need for there to be emotional weight to the stories, just it needs to be handled appropriately. I don't wanna see Dante witness a crisis and then woohoo away, that was basically all he did in 4 and 5

>6 replies
>everyone

Eh, there's something cool about a cheesy guy that's strong as fuck and has a big heart. He's cool in an old-school sort of almost-macho way.

there isn't even arguing going on right now, is there?

I was completely convinced he was gonna follow up with "but I lost you"

It's the dork charm that makes him seem cool, at least for some of us. He's a guy whose balls are so big that he doesn't care about mincing his words or maintaining a calm and composed voice, he says precisely what he's feeling and that's what I love about him, as laughable as it is. But again cool is subjective, not to take a stab or anything but would I be correct in thinking that Vergil is your favourite in terms of coolness?

Rate hardest regular enemies in each DMC game.
DMC1

Attached: butt of vergil.jpg (986x1079, 270K)

God, user. I'm gonna have nightmares about that tonight.

Someone out there is gonna create ghost data of Nero only using Snatch or Dante TRICKSWORDGUNROYALTR

Vergil's butt is very distracting.

Attached: 78.jpg (500x387, 32K)

It's possible to have emotional beats in a silly adventure. With Dante they might have gone a bit too far in the other direction this time around since it's often not clear what he thinks about what's going on, but I'd say not reacting to the gravity of a situation is a series staple now.

What even was the shitty joke, the "i died" one?

1 - Nobodies. They're just dicks. Death Scissors and Death Scythes if they count though.
3 - None of them were particularly hard, just annoying. Enigmas, Bloodgoyles and Arachnes had to be the most tedious ones.
4 - Blitz.
5 - Furies and Antenoras

I'm pretty sure Kamiya's Dante was basically just Blue from W101.

DMC1

Attached: 1552603826441.png (607x360, 278K)

>the "i died" one?

I was assuming it was.

I know you're right but it's still something I don't wanna acknowledge. Although, perhaps Dante's soul being refilled and Vergil ending his depression could open him back up to no longer being cold and brushing everything off? Sorry my brain's starting to feel fried, not sure why but it's definitely impacting my ability to think things through properly.

you're a fucking faggot

>DMC1
Shadow

>DMC2
Play button

>DMC3
Blood-goyle

>DMC4
Blitz/Mephisto&Faust

>DMC5
Fury

Attached: 1495665810651.jpg (1600x900, 140K)

Ello gents.
Nearing the end of my first time pilgrimage through dmc1-5.
Dmc 4 on devil hunter(normal) is ridiculously easy I don't even have to dodge anything. Whilst dmc1-3 I atleast felt a challenge with a few deaths on normal.
I was just wondering how is DMC 5?
Should I start it's on hard(SoS)? Or go normal for first playthrough?
Cause if it's as easy as dmc 4 I think I should just start on SoS. Factoring in that I'll be lacking abilities without the +plus playthrough

Attached: 3020228 - Devil_May_Cry Devil_May_Cry_5 JuiceSFM Lady blender.jpg (861x1782, 288K)

>just beat son of sparda while half drunk
fuck year

Attached: 1549445819476.jpg (1280x720, 345K)

>devil busters
Yeah, we know you're a casual. You can fuck off now.

Righto righto, it wasn't a shitty joke, I found it pretty funny, but yeah there was a bit of overreaction

Forgot to add Judecca to >DMC5, but they're mostly annoying as fuck.

im Motivated Itsuno, Confess me your DMC sins and what you think its unpopular opinion you have and i'll make them banish

Attached: 1553251791209.png (411x679, 537K)

Can't start from SoS, sorry user. Not unless you can beat the prologue boss and get the secret ending, but that's nigh impossible without any upgrades, breakers etc

Also, sauce?

You only get Sos when you beat Devil Hunter mode campaign.

I liked playing as v

I thought it was funny too. I don't see how it's an overreaction. Most of the replies were joking too. Nobody was screaming "OMG put me in the screencap!"

Itsuno-san, I feel demotivated after getting all abilities and I feel bad about it. Also the game is no longer as cuhrayzee as it was in the first playthrough.

Dante is too complicated

>Shadows
>Angel niggers
>Blitzes
>Furies
Damn vergil THICK.

I think the worst enemy in 4 is the torture room ceiling.

even thoe i think im not half bad with Exeed i dont like it as a mechanic

Attached: 1553246181980.jpg (448x372, 10K)

I think that's right. It's not mandatory for the character that he always acts kind of indifferent, and it also wouldn't be weird if he appeared to take things more personally now. There's room for the characters to behave in entertaining ways even if their main personal issues have been sorted out. The same is true of the other two. I think I'd like to see them in a situation where they could do things differently now that they have different perspectives.

You wish

Imagine if Dante had some Darkness.

Attached: Terra-Xehanort_KHBBS.png (474x757, 276K)

>I died to a sword through the chest before, they are no joke, games really make it look less of a big deal, when in reality it feels so good, it's like achieving an orgasm.

someone post Vergil with Dante's hair from 5

I played on human and the only s rank I got was on mission 20

Yeah fair fair
First time I aced that room, every other time I slingshotted straight into the ceiling. Was it autism?
Ah yee glad my point came across then. I think Dante as a character can still continue to work as a foil to the others around him, providing their character development and guiding them, just like Solid Snake in MGS2, not sure why they haven't been capitalising on this even though he's been in the mentor role in 2 and 4 (which I think I already said, sorry again user)

Attached: D1h3qy3U4AA_bCC.jpg (1200x675, 65K)

Dante stop posting

Lock on gives a different taunt

What is the context of that scene? I've seen it so many times but is she really confused

I think I'm actually amazed by this more than someone getting S ranks on all levels and all difficulties.

Attached: 1553885837302.png (625x599, 722K)

i now kinda want to see evil Dante and Good Vergil

Would I have your life, and you mine?

Attached: 5 vante.png (1006x1006, 580K)

It's not really the scene but the way they animated her, at least before the patch that supposedly corrected some of the more egregious dialogue scenes. Her brother's expressions tend to be less insane.

Attached: 1553821680827.jpg (1150x696, 507K)

>evil Dante

Attached: 1553634464188.jpg (3840x2160, 1.1M)

If we were treated differently, would our lives be different? You me... And I you?

Attached: vergil dance moves 2.png (578x581, 361K)

Itsuno giving dmc 6 plot away already.

I feel like good Vergil would be straight hero type
>Sparda sacrificed himself for humanity, I won't let you ruin that
While Dante is more of a uncaring beserker, not sure if he would keep using guns.

DMC3 and KH2FM/Melee of the DMC series?

oh my god she does look like agnus

I wonder when Dante is going to tell Verg that Eva died when she went looking for him.

Attached: D2mc8lhXQAIaij1.jpg (1200x675, 143K)

never thought about that, I pretty much always lock on, next time I try to taunt without it
thanks user

I don't even know if context helps. Her dad died, and he was the pathfinder. He was supposed to lead people to the new Galaxy. Her dad chose her to take his place before he died. She was told in that scene that they're ready for her to take the lead. There was no reason for her to be confused. I'm not sure what they were even going for with that face.

>this thread again
Ick. Seek help.

can't start on SoS in 5, you gotta unlock
i'd say it's a fair bit harder the first time around, yeah

I like it but I'm so use to his normal hairdo now.

>Evil Dante does 3's plot Vergil's awakening
>While you scale the tower you hear Dante playing Divine hate with Nevan at the top akin to Ocarina of time Ganondorf's piano
>Arkahm is forced to dance and sing with Dante or he wont open the portal

Attached: 1529324719460.gif (480x270, 1.64M)

Vergil most likely has Urizen's memory, so he already heard.

Attached: dante meme2.png (334x413, 152K)

excuse me

did you not play the game

>here's your dmc1 dante bruh

>My mother is with you. And now, so is my father. Rest in piece.
>I could have been the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
>The sky is fair, it'll always be above everyone's head, no different
Guy was a fucking goof, and not in a good way. DMC4/5 Dante is way more believable and human, with some actual emotional depth to his character, while at the same time being far more entertaining.

>worst

Attached: C U N T.jpg (324x344, 41K)

I forgot. When he learns that, exactly?

youtube.com/watch?v=hwQyuhCXH3I

Attached: You-Shall-Know-This-Devils-Power.jpg (748x531, 32K)

>pic name
Oh fucking kek

Attached: 1552845784873.png (679x521, 420K)

I'll git gud one day sempai.

mission 17(?) before the final urizen fight
>"The thing you don't know is, she tried to save you too. She kept searching and searching. Until it killed her."

>Also, sauce?
You'll find it on the first or second page
>Rule34 lady DMC
Cool beans. I'd prefer to have most of my shit unlocked anyways. Thanks

Attached: 369723 - 3D Blender Devil_May_Cry_5 JuiceSFM Lady_(Devil_May_Cry) Nicoletta_Goldstein.jpg (1031x2000, 533K)

Well fuck me. Thanks.

tyty

Attached: devil triggered.gif (185x185, 118K)

Expanding on this, Nero has two different ones, the "Which one wants to play?" one and the "GUESS WHO'S GETTING THEIR ASS KICKED" one. Dante at low style ranking is "And now, I'm going to play with....you!" and when it's higher he throws a rose with a "And you are set free" V as far as I know only has the one where he spins his cane, points it and say "You first"

>Capcom games still get active threads
>The only way to get KH3 threads is to troll

It isn't fair

YER UGLEH

I need to see Arkham dancing and singing

nigga you got Roxas and Xion back what more do you wish for?

Attached: 1552861307089.jpg (778x813, 362K)

anytime man.

Attached: dante dr faust.png (528x354, 407K)

Xion is shit

Does this means Dante steals Beowulf from the player?

Unforgivable.

Attached: la4ki2c29yn21.jpg (548x512, 25K)

Bros, I love DMC5 Dante.
My absolute favorite part of DMC5's story is his dialogue against Urizen's final form, Dante is PISSED, but for really good reasons, Reuben did his parts really well, fuck people who think the dude can't act, he did really well here.

If you're on PC you could use cheat engine to quickly dispose of the prologue boss and raise the difficulty that way.

>scene where Vergil first Devil Triggers
>Evil Dante impales Vergil with Rebellion
>pins him to the ground with the sword still in his chest
>does that move in DMC3 he does where he spins around the sword yelling WOOHOO

He was really well in the anime too.

Attached: Dante-devil-may-cry-anime-16697822-853-480.jpg (853x480, 27K)

reuben did really well in this game yea but theres one line that always fucks with me
>MIssion 9 cutscene, the tone is really soft
>"This demon is, special."
>Dante really fucking loudly says "SPECIAL."
gets me every time

You forgot the best one
>devil a rocking dont come a knockin baby yeah

It took him 20 years, but he finally can read his lines at an average voice actor's level. Good job, Reuben.
And I mean this in the most honest way possible.

Attached: 1359872494774.jpg (469x563, 68K)

>You've been chasing this for an eternity AND IT'S NOTHING BUT USELESS SHIT
>H-how..HOW ARE YOU SO POWERFUL? You never lost anything!
>It's not about loss. Strength is a choice. Fighting like hell to protect what's important.
>DANTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Fucking KINO

>Dante: looks like some babe dropped in our little party
>Arkham: i guess i should ask the uninvited guest to leave
>*Dante raises rebelion*
>Dante: do that and you are not getting your portal baldie

Attached: 1553221281705.jpg (574x574, 53K)

WHERE THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO GO HERE???
I've explored literally every corner, i don't understand what the fuck i'm supposed to do..
Is there some retarded boomer game shit going on and i need to enter a cheat code or stand in the right corner for 20 minutes??

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 3.75M)

he's gorgeous. Oh my god.

DMC1
>Shadows
>Very cunty, and can still attack you when you've weakened it.
DMC3
>The Fallen
>Worst enemy in the series. Has a shield, an unnecessarily large health pool, a huge swing arc that covers the area that you want to attack, a cunty explosive, and on top of all of that: the little bitch can clip through walls even though it's the most evasive enemy in the game. Fuck them.
DMC4
>Either the Chimera or the Blitz.
>Chimera stop you from playing the game the fun way.
>Blitz's shield has too much goddamn health on top of being able to teleport. He goes into a rage when his health his low and he becomes even harder to hit, as well as having a kamikaze attack that is unavoidable without DT.
DMC5
>Furies or Judeccas
>Furies can really slow the game down unless you know how to fight them. Their tells are hard to see, but not impossible. They have a small health pool, so they're not too bad.
>Judeccas are just cunts. I hate their teleportation ability and the fact that they can attack you from offscreen. Launching them into the air is also a bitch. Plus, if you're just fighting a Judecca by itself, he can just slow the game to a crawl, giving diminishing style returns.

Attached: NOT THE BLITZ.png (719x813, 281K)

collect all the red orbs and open the door you fucking brainlet jesus

stand in the top of the spear then god will bless you with money then you cash it at the door cuz it needs to pay bills

Attached: 1552860344662.jpg (1600x900, 124K)

>Beating the shit out of DMD
>Switch to Dante
>Judeccas and Furries are kicking my shit in suddenly
fuck

I think Dante hogged too much of the last quarter of DMC5.

Come one user, you should be able to do it. Even my boomer dad was able to find his way out.

DMC1: Shadow
DMC3: The one-eyed arrow fucker
DMC4: Frost
DMC5: Hell Judecca

Arkham would need to just Dante not to kill her, that would screw the plan after all.

S is the best battle theme in the series, convince me otherwise.

Attached: 1552715279394.jpg (639x907, 333K)

>If you're on PC you could use cheat engine to quickly dispose of the prologue boss and raise the difficulty that way.
Nah. Wanna playthrough DMC 5 the way it was intended.

Boomer Dante is way more cool.

thirstposting doesn't bother me because I swing both ways and can enjoy both sides

>hogged too much of the last quarter of the latest game in HIS fucking franchise
nerofags are so obnoxious

>Lady gets thrown off the top of Temen-ni-gru
>Vergil doesn't even catch her, just lets her keep on falling
>"Looks like my kind of rain"

Attached: 1552768850487.png (401x351, 194K)

>says all that to urizen for vergil to forget anyways

is there a mod that gives vergil stubble and also swaps his hair between dante's hair and his own to replicate his flip-up?

DMC1 Dante was a fucking weirdo. Everything related to Trish in that game makes Dante look like a fucking retard.

>This is sure is my little brother's party

Attached: 1553216203909.png (540x560, 208K)

>Lady still shoots him
>He sends that shit back and almost makes her fall

Holy shit my sides

Attached: 1552376449332.png (428x500, 390K)

I'm bored and watching through the cutscenes (again) right now, he really is super fucking autistic in DMC1. it's comical.

That's fine too. Higher difficulties to change up more than just enemy health pools, so the experience isn't exactly the same.

His argument with Nero was probably the best voice work I've heard from Reuben.

Attached: ET.jpg (957x798, 117K)

It seems to happen randomly but it probably has to do with lock on, and timing. I have no idea though sometimes its easy sometimes the ceiling gets you.

>Furries

Attached: CeaseIt.png (464x476, 395K)

>"So tell me, what's your name?"
>"I don't have a name."
>"Really? Then what should I call you?"
>"I don't care, whatever you want."
>"Whatever, wench."

Clearing human takes like an hour. It's not a large investment. I did it while picking up all the orbs and secret missions I missed.

>Vergil being good
>He actually kills Trish cuz he finds her existence an insult to Eva
would Nero even exist if Dante was evil?

Attached: 1552602343064.jpg (255x300, 11K)

>wench
>not WOMAN

>wench

Attached: Kekkle.jpg (302x257, 17K)

would Nero be Dante's son?

>not fool
one job dude

Attached: 1553835884834.png (500x500, 159K)

obviously Nero would be Dante's kid

wench sounded funnier in my head. and is fucking funny too, damn.

>this is your Scum for tonight

Attached: mkporeof.png (479x479, 99K)

I feel like Dante would have more than 1 kid, leaving behind those kids with powers without thinking about what could happen

He was probably getting a little impatient, there. Imagine having to deal with false alarms on top of not getting paid up front (most of the time).

Depends on whether they ended up switching lifestyles or not.
If they switched positions entirely? Nero would probably be Dante's. Along with a few others knowing him.
If it was just alignments? Nero would still be Vergil's, since he's the one who went globe trotting to get gud without being super autistic about it.

>Vergil calls every woman in the series "a woman"
Imagine the chaos.

He felt so tired in 5, and no not because of his age.
Just like they had nothing new to do or say with him.
>ugh still broke
>another job huh?
>pizza
>heh heh
He felt like a caricature of himself, definitely one of my least favs of him

Meant for

>instead of letting Nero keep the Yamato, Good Vergil gives him Ebony and Ivory

I meant that for

>Agni & Rudra defeat cutscene
>Vergil doesn't even take them as weapons and just destroys them because they annoy the shit out of him
>"No talking."

How would this scene play out if Vergil was good?

Attached: file.png (609x285, 216K)

>DMC4 with Vergil being good
>Vergil just cuts his holiness without even entering the fucking place
>no one knows what just happens
>Nero like

Attached: 1497717102023.jpg (297x545, 38K)

God I can already imagine it in my head.

He's textbook Dante, what the shit? I actually like the worn out aspect of his character in 5. He's bored without Vergil, and he's worried about Nero. I quite like it.

Attached: 1553799245971.webm (996x560, 1.15M)

Yea Forums's Good Vergil sounds edgier than the normal Vergil

Attached: 1546653933883.png (1285x1357, 1.1M)

Give this Special Edition to me

>*judgement cut sound effect*
>Who's been fucking with the organ, again?

>Nero walks into room
>"You're late."
>"You... what are you doing here? Forget it, I don't have time for this!"
>Nero pushes Vergil out of the way trying to walk past him
>Vergil whips out Yamato, Judgement Cuts his ass for disrespecting him like that
>credits roll

Vergil will legit take Rebelion from Nero until he proves HIS MOTIVATION

can someone tell me where the motivation meme came from, i think its from 3 isnt it

holy fuck imagine the Lucifer cutscene with Vergil

Attached: 1552424889197.jpg (515x514, 60K)

DMC 4 SE
>NERO
>VERGIL
>WOMAN (with GUNS)
>WOMAN (BIRD)

Attached: 1552853172088.jpg (1024x768, 507K)

So what would Vergil's outfits be like if he was the star of the games? Keep 3 and 5 the same (obviously), but what about 1, 2, and 4?

Attached: 1552889016968.webm (564x786, 2.34M)

>Yea Forums's Evil Dante is nicer than regular Dante

DMC 4 SE is the Melee of the DMC franchise, vanilla DMC 4 is the ultimate Melee of the DMC franchise. proof: combo autists sperging about the lack of inertia in 5, the nerfed inertia and the Lucifer bug fixed in 4SE.

youtube.com/watch?v=zT5ZULhp8Po
Taunt voicelines.

I think 4 should be a less fucked version of 5, perhaps 1 could be V's outfit but with shirt or something.

>WOMAN (BIRD)

Attached: 1552113285811.png (640x720, 1.02M)

>Evil Dante actually gets a following from Demons cuz he actually tries to be friends with them
>He actually is more pissed with Vergil when he murders Cerberus

Attached: 1553259549317.png (865x570, 484K)

the enternal battle between Crazy and Motivation

well i imagine Vergil will nuke Trish going by his MVC3 dialog

It came from 3, but I think it really picked up when UMvC3 came out. In 3, he says "NOW, I'M A LITTLE MOTIVATED!" But in UMvC3, he straight up says the actual meme line.
youtu.be/kJVZDPtO8WA

Attached: 1533971450418.gif (294x233, 179K)

>Vergil actually dances
>compleatly loses composture when he realizes THE SAVIOR is watching him

Attached: 1497716938315.png (376x438, 265K)

>Nero Angelo is now a gun toting smartass.
>Vergil unamused for the first two fights.
>Face reveal, Vergil feels like he should have seen that coming, and proceeds to rage later.

Rebellion reacting to Nero would depend on whether he's Dante's son or not. Honestly this fanfiction can go several ways depending on how the twins are switched.

>Trish comes to the DMC to get the other Son of Sparda.
>Vergil took over after Dante 'died', and proceeds to murder her completely.
Probably? He might not. His hatred of Trish in UMVC3 is his canon personality, not whatever he might be as the good twin.

I remember when Vergil gameplay from 4SE was revealed and they introduced the "concentration" mechanic for him, but literally no one called it that and instead opted to refer to it as the "motivation meter".

I actually had to remember what the actual name for it is, I'm so used to calling it by its joke name

If Vergil were to visit a psychiatrist, what would the doctor's findings be? What would the doctor recommend him?

Attached: 1553246695721.jpg (321x322, 10K)

Crazy is temporary
but the glory of motivation is forever

>DMC1
>Trish barges in but gets rekt without conversation taking place
>Vergil realises he doesn't have a lead anymore

>DMC1 with Vergil as protag
>Mundus hands Dante over to Vergil because he's terrified of how cuhrayzee Dante is

Attached: 1553832936423.jpg (735x968, 485K)

It's not called Motivation meter?

Attached: wut.jpg (258x196, 12K)

I feel like the therapist will ask his for motivation advices instead.

the million dolar question is how Nero's personality would be? would he be more quiet or more respectful? kinda like how Nero is Vergil persona but backwards?

Attached: 1553235814676.jpg (640x640, 33K)

>smash now has joker
it gets more relevant each day

>end of DMC3
>Dante goes to Hell to fight Mundus
>Mundus tries to brainwash Dante into becoming his servant
>he fails because Dante is just fucking nuts
>DMC1 opening cutscene
>Mundus bursts into Devil May Cry instead of Trish
>"Take him! I can't handle him!"

Probably, but he would lose his cool when dealing with tough situations.

>Vergil keeps nuking all the Trishs Mundus sends
>his lead to the island comes from a job from several pizza chains who keep getting mugged by demons
>Mundus powers Dante with Pizzas

Attached: 1552587638491.png (560x560, 91K)

>Vergil keeps nuking all the Trishs Mundus sends

oh god stop my sides

Attached: 1552359441824.jpg (631x658, 39K)

>obvious family issues
>father complex
>desperate need for power rooted in his inability to let go of what he cannot control in reality
>Dante's ability to 'go with the flow' is exactly what Vergil needs to be happier, and he subconsciously resents Dante for it
>recommends him 3 tablet of MOTIVATION and to touch base in a few weeks

Attached: th-1.jpg (314x177, 7K)

>Mundus throws Dante instead of motocycle
Why not get a somewhat resilient demon and make him hold a sign that says
>mallet island, 1v1 me big bro

Probably his proto version where he was more close to Vergil, but with a few more Dante lines, the inverse of what he currently is.

>Vergil tries to rev Yamato
>it fucking creates a mini judgement cut

Attached: 1553321127599.jpg (251x242, 8K)

>>"Take him! I can't handle him!"
>"Last Sunday he made Griffon cry and yesterday he ordered 20 boxes of pizza right to my throne room and forced me to pay for them!"
>"Please Vergil, you're the only one who can save me"
>"Who knows how long Shadow is gonna last if he keeps feeding it pizza leftovers"

Apex design

minus 2 heads in height.

Nero would be exactly the same.

>Dante forcefeeding Griffon pizza
>"Master! Please grant me one last surge of power... the power to finish this slice of pizza!"

wait wouldn't going by the novels, Dante would have multiple kids right?
>Domino
>John
>Pizza jr

Attached: 1497311598259.png (274x385, 130K)

>Dante's ability to 'go with the flow' is exactly what Vergil needs to be happier, and he subconsciously resents Dante for it
It doesn't make Dante much happier though. If anything he's the one who comes off as more depressed because he doesn't seem to care about anything to the point of doing nothing but sleeping in an office with no water or electricity.

I think that if anything, they both resent each other for the opposite reasons. Dante hates how motivated Vergil is to improve himself, while Vergil resents that Dante can let go of the past so easily.

don't forget
>Pepperoni
imagine all the oni - demon jokes

>Vergil tries to rev Yamato
>it opens up a small portal under him and Vergil falls into it

Attached: LOL.png (591x644, 247K)

And there is the beauty of it friend, Vergil resents Dante for his ability to relax. And Dante is erked by Vergils motivation.
They need a bit of each other

>The demons are stronger in Good Vergil edition because they fight with their life on the line to protect Dante because they love him.
>Every time you kill a boss you, the player, start start to feel more and more guilty.

Attached: 20190309114829_1.jpg (2560x1080, 252K)

what would be Vergil's equivalent to Dead weight?

Attached: 1552600699851.jpg (960x540, 57K)

>DMC5 happens
>Nobodys are dancing not to SPARDA but to a little badly made Dante statue
>Dante made silly mask for them so they are happy
>D actually just spares them

Attached: 1553215210282.png (500x500, 291K)

lol his son, the original

Hinderence

>go back to your wife, you dont have what it takes

Fucking hell, this thread is gold

Attached: 1545069148221.jpg (1083x600, 42K)

>you are weak leave.

>Dante is well known and highly respected by all demonkind
>the Underworld views Good Dante as higher than Sparda, now they utter his name instead of Sparda's
>Good Dante essentially becomes what regular Vergil always tried to do (becoming more like his father) but failed at
fucking amazing

HE GOT NO AAAARMS

Attached: file.png (535x297, 81K)

>D never kills any demon in his missions, only knocks them out
>Each boss fight is him trying to reason with the demons.
>Highly emotional cerberus boss fight where ultimately D has to end Cerb's life.

Attached: Capture2.png (1278x1080, 2.57M)

check out his bulge

>You aren't worthy of his opponent. Be gone!

>Vergil gets called "Brother of Dante"

I just had a thought, if V appears frail and sickly because he represents how Vergil views humanity, does that mean that D would be a gigachad?

no

so Vergil May Cry 5 plot would be who can give the fruit faster to Dante right?

Attached: 1552589966419.jpg (1800x2048, 186K)

im going to ask you to delete this
D actually apologizes for letting little Cerberus die but KC is just too loyal to Urizen to stop and doesnt realize who D is

Attached: 1496786326219.gif (500x230, 984K)

>KC dies
>"Sorry I had to put you down, pup. Was for your own good."

Attached: IMG_20160614_163451.jpg (220x261, 18K)

you niggas better screencap this thread is too good for it to just die

Attached: 1550098874953.gif (192x192, 956K)

this au is just turning into undertale now

>Dante is a pretty chill demon loved by all
>His followers think that he'd be super happy if they gave him more power and basically the fruit that would officially makes him king
>He laughs off at the idea before accidentally tripping over yamato and stabbing himself, separating into D, the reasonable and caring human, and Jack Pott, the party loving demon that wants an eternal fiesta.

Dante was a baby boi before, and couldn't tell Vergil cause he was putting on an overly tough facade for so long. Also in DMC1, Vergil was kinda zonked out, or at least unreasonable Majin Vegeta style, so no point dropping the info then. Dante's matured, learned to love, chose to fight like hell to protect the people he cares about. He's able to say what needs to be said instead of trying to get all "so, this is what we call a heartwarming family reunion eh? *smirks externally*"

>People in Redgrave are dying by the masses because they can't stop partying

Anyone dissappointed that the blood tech they had on characters just magically disappear after a half a minute? I kind of wish the blood would stay through the cutscenes and mission like bloodborne, only to disappear maybe if you call Nico, divinity statues and inbetween missions.

Attached: Bloodborne-blood.jpg (800x450, 41K)

>"You will regret being born... useless and a complete party pooper"

Wait, how does Dante got Yamato? Did Vergil tried to split him in a attempt to fix him?

>"Are you braindead, Dante? If you want to die, just say so, I'll help."

Attached: he protecc.webm (540x304, 1.08M)

What are the hardest DMD mission to S-Rank so far? I just did 12 and holy hell that was though shit. 8 and 10 we're very tough as well.

Attached: 200.gif (524x200, 1.66M)

200% cuhrayzee

Shit design.

>Beowolf forgives Dante
>Vergil nukes him
>Beowolf dies thinking Dante lied to him and just backstabbed him

Attached: 1552601944260.jpg (2560x1440, 140K)

Yeah I figured as much, that was a tough one on SoS. Hopefully I can cheese it with the Kalina Anns again because I'm not gonna pay2win with faust until HaH.

I just assumed Vergil would be the one with Rebellion and Dante the one with Yamato.

>Dante tries to get Lady to forgive her father
>Vergil kills him anyway
>He was too dangerous to live

I love 2's design simply because it screams "demon hunter" more than any of his other outfits.

my only tip is use the empulsas after the first shadow fight to farm SDT using RG then when you reach SSS kill all of them quick without loosing the rank
ALSO if you die and reset the console or exit the game on pc, the game doesnt count the dead

That's why we have Nero now.
Dante is forever alone, Nero is married
Dante is a boomer past his prime, Nero is young and handi-capable
Dante has some style, but Nero has FRUS-TRA-TION
Dante has two jumps, Nero can have up to F I V E
Dante juggles weapons to maintain above an A rank, Nero just UNGA BUNGA's the shit out of them
Dante needs weapons, Nero manhandles them with the world's most powerful fapping arm
Also most importantly Nero gets exclusive F-Bomb privileges.

Attached: 1552839458140.png (900x900, 589K)

>cut to scene of Dante scratching a ballooned Shadow
>Mrrowwwwww
This is the good ending

Where is the preorder wallpaper installed?

steamapps\common\Devil May Cry 5\Wallpaper

I would have switched Parappa for an actual third party character. That aside, this pic's as perfect as ever.

If he's still traveling for more power but a greater cause Nero would still be Vergil's son. Vergil would probably have been more reasonable and stayed with Nero to raise them, and maybe even be in a relationship with Nero's mom.

So what is it then?

>Alternate Nero gets pegged by Alternate Kyrie
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

The Apex of Fecal Design

Attached: 1518697784089.jpg (1920x1080, 196K)

>we could had this thread as our shitty reboot instead of DmC

Attached: 1553220955033.png (1336x1078, 1.87M)

>Red Queen really is a revvable katana for super weeb bullshit

Attached: 1453622354668.jpg (531x471, 113K)

My husband is so handsome

your husband's chin looks like a little butt

god I just want to kiss him....

I wanna kiss sin dante and be held

Attached: dante butt.jpg (2560x1440, 562K)

is it faggot hour
because I'm ready

I want to be held between his asscheeks

yes, let's do this

>you will never fuck Dante in the ass while he bleeds and starts screaming YOU CANNOT KILL ME as you jackhammer his ass

I can see him laughing through this, like he's taunting you

DMC3 Dante is exactly the reason why OG Dante is no longer a thing.

time to post good lookin' dudes

...aka all of them, really

Attached: tumblr_pp01nsuskm1vhfloao1_1280.jpg (800x1039, 111K)

yes! the hour of the fujo is here

Attached: 1552457954550.jpg (384x512, 251K)

Oh shit, it's time.

Attached: 1553624372435.jpg (1920x2716, 347K)

Attached: tumblr_pp4sjlvtmO1qgojhq_500.jpg (500x500, 46K)

REAL FUJO HOURS

Attached: illust_69156626_20180620_232327.jpg (640x1136, 716K)

>it's Fujo hours

Attached: 1552765167657.jpg (780x653, 83K)

>worst

Foolishness, user, foolishness.

I wouldn't mind dedicated fujo hours if it kept shit less hectic

Attached: tumblr_po7ofbOyVo1t2257p_500.png (500x1000, 560K)

More power

in my experience the only people who hate fujoposting/thirstposting in general are people who don't even contribute to these threads and only contribute to post about posts they don't like

Attached: illust_19383767_20190330_053249.jpg (488x556, 43K)

VERGIL THICC BOIII

I don't mind Fujoposters as long as they're not assholes or spamming dumb shit. Also if they're posting good art, not shitty looking garbage.

I didn't fuck up layers the first time
you didn't see shit

Attached: tumblr_inline_pokbmn9KPh1sv2utl_500.png (930x6000, 1.99M)

>ahahahah AAAAAAAAGHHHHHH
>Not gonna die my ass, that assfuck nearly killed me

Attached: tumblr_pnk21g7gxD1wkomkio1_640.png (584x701, 248K)

>searching Vergil on Pixiv
>Vorgol shows up and ruins my night
sigh... such is life

Attached: illust_73886223_20190330_053751.jpg (700x1773, 246K)

Attached: tumblr_poyvo2Fmdo1rqlgji_1280.jpg (1280x1254, 256K)

Attached: tumblr_poj03pMS7P1rojra2o1_1280.png (1280x905, 615K)

Attached: tumblr_pp4u9mAgCL1xxvpg0o2_1280.png (1000x1446, 208K)

I want them to add more missions with AI sidekicks.

>donguri posts a bossrush video
>one of the fights is V vs geyron
>expect to finally see a stylish version of this fight
>it's actually worse than my own s rank run

>Hell and Hell run
>Get to a room with scissors fuckers
>Kill one ez
>Taunt
>Immediately die

I can't believe their stupid fucking scissors has an hitbox AFTER THEY DIE. Motherfuckers.

Attached: D1vmPguWoAA4IM9.jpg large.jpg (1440x1440, 182K)

Attached: tumblr_pp4u9mAgCL1xxvpg0o3_1280.png (1000x1446, 627K)

youtube.com/watch?v=fKTTbExGQIU
>ywn experience a Devil May Cry movie with Tom Cruise as Dante

Should we keep living frens?

Attached: 1490556241596.jpg (1599x1199, 133K)

Scissors are still dangerous after you drop them.

this has become less fujo hour and more just general cute-picture-posting
I mean I guess that works

Attached: tumblr_pojud385k31tka4xdo1_1280.jpg (1280x1021, 336K)

when I finished DMC5 for the first time I immediately went to read all the extra lore notes and really liked that they added that tiny detail. just gives Vergil so much more character.

Attached: illust_73055939_20190330_055026.png (1000x750, 1.4M)

Attached: tumblr_pp4u9mAgCL1xxvpg0o1_1280.png (1000x1446, 179K)

Caught me by surprise at first too. I just have to remember they're just like DMC1 with that.

People who complain about fujos act like only fujos post art.

Attached: judgement cluck.png (500x500, 93K)

it's 6AM here and I'm too braindead to even thirstpost about Vergil. just looking for cute art on Pixiv. need more art of my fave boy.

Attached: illust_73055939_20190330_054948.png (600x798, 215K)

DEAR GOD PLEASE NOT THE FUJO HOURS

too morose

Attached: D21bjeMUgAA3vFQ.jpg (1199x1043, 305K)

ah shit
this wasn't a good choice of schedule for fujo hour, then
cute junk hour?

Attached: tumblr_phpyqv7Tlu1sfyfdo_400.png (400x383, 174K)

h-here i g-go!
V is kinda fun but he's also the worst playable character in the game, too much time is spent waiting for the demons to get into position and his move set is the most limited out of all the characters

God is dead.
t. Mundus

Attached: 1530096992153.jpg (900x675, 189K)

fujo hours will return when I gain more power

Attached: illust_73055939_20190330_055449.png (600x600, 158K)

Please don't. DANTEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1552659780776.gif (550x340, 2.9M)

Attached: tumblr_pp33axU6g91v3d96jo2_1280.png (2528x1472, 1.38M)

Attached: illust_73055939_20190330_055342.png (800x1000, 1.09M)

Attached: tumblr_poq6vrg2Gi1tiby5no1_1280.png (880x816, 470K)

I really love this kind of shit. Now that Vergil's finally comfortable with the idea of having human emotions, I want to see more cute interactions between him and Nero.

Attached: illust_73055939_20190330_055813.png (779x942, 239K)

>I present you... my masterpiece.

Attached: 20190330110018_1.jpg (2560x1440, 597K)

Don't open.

Attached: 9k3vsdsfm6p21.png (1920x1080, 1.78M)

I want to pet both

How are you going to stop me from doing that, user?

Attached: 20190309001657_1.jpg (2560x1080, 467K)

>no ass
You're right, I shouldn't have

You shall regret it.

Hank Hill ass.

how'd this render make her hair not look shit
also hank hill ass

Bigger Dick tends to ruin lives, yes. It has to be the right size.

Attached: tumblr_pmlya5LF9s1xyixupo1_1280.jpg (1280x1280, 192K)

give thanks to modders, bros.
i just spent maybe 3 hours trying to do a thing only to have it not work at all. thank the people who actually figure this shit out and are able to decipher all this random nonsense that will never make sense to me

sorry for the blogpost
g'night

Attached: tumblr_poxsqdxwDU1uhlqfco1_1280.png (1077x693, 223K)

I did all I could lads...

Attached: 564.png (1920x1080, 1.56M)

Attached: tumblr_poxsqdxwDU1uhlqfco5_1280.png (856x868, 130K)

Fuck, you were right.

You did your best.

would you follow Nero's instagram if it had shit like this on it

Attached: tumblr_pp3h5aw6wb1rb7mw3o3_1280.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

No

Attached: 20190329213751_1.jpg (2560x1440, 685K)

If you have to ass

>Nero gets fisted by Mistral.jpg

>You lack MOTIVATION