Confess that you only like this game because you were mentally conditioned to do so...

Confess that you only like this game because you were mentally conditioned to do so. This is the only way to move forward.

There is not one thing this game does that is exceptional. Most of the maps are linear hallways, the combat is braindead, the writing, music, and artwork is pretty much standard JRPG fare, the few branches in story are largely irrelevant and is just there to distract the player from how extremely railroaded everything is. There is not reason this game should ever be rated above a 4/10.

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i_yYFWx8-Mk
youtu.be/uhl-_-p-jbI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It is the greatest JRPG ever made and you should kys ys

It literally does not matter how "railroaded" a game is. It's completely independent of if a game is good or bad.

This game was a pleb magnet even when it came out. It's a themepark without any substance. FFIII was always better.

>It is the greatest JRPG ever made
GIVE ME ONE REASON WHY HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I don't know how this shit is even possible. Is the NPC meme real?

I replay it at least once every 2 years, and im a little past my deadline (but ive been playing the "spiritual successors" on the switch so that probably counts)

Youre a dumb cunt.

>IF YOU LIKE THIS GAME YOU ARE A NPC

is what I got from your shitpost

>It literally does not matter how "railroaded" a game is. It's completely independent of if a game is good or bad.
The entire point of video games is interactivity. Railroading a game is objectively bad design, especially for a genre like RPGs that presents gameplay solely through various forms of decision making. (strategy)

Never played this game that much and never listen to video game music, but the first 3 seconds of this is the most nostalgic shit in history

youtube.com/watch?v=i_yYFWx8-Mk

>does not explain why
>probably does not know why
NPC

Why did they never make another Chrono game after cross?

Attached: 1096081498644665B0FAAF499B514EEE.jpg (850x1063, 177K)

Cause Cross was shit

>never played it but its my favorite
as i said, you were mentally conditioned, herd mentality

I know, but that doesn't mean they can't make something better.

And you're interacting with the game at all times. You're always controlling Chrono or someone else in the party. You want to go fight an enemy? Go ahead. You want to go back into a room? It's your choice. You want to go left? Go left. You want to use all your items? Go ahead.
Just because its not some shallow open world trash doesnt mean its not interactive.

When did I call it my favourite lmao

When the DS version came out it didn't meet sales expectations and the president of SE at the time said if people wanted a sequel they should have bought more copies.

What does "railroaded" mean?

>its your choice to waste your time and go back down a hallway you just left which has nothing in it
okay NPC
>Just because its not some shallow open world trash
deus ex is not open world and there is over ten different ways just to open a door all with different pros and cons

What's with all of these Anti-JRPG threads right now? Who keeps making them?

You must be more bored than i am tonight OP

This. JRPGs are so much better. Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Persona, etc. There are a few good wRPGS too, but I haven't played as many that I liked.

I'm more bored than both of you

> maps are linear hallways
Well-designed linear hallways with fun setpieces.
> combat is braindead
Not any more braindead than "mash attack and save your MP for big damaging spells and the boss's gimmick weakness", which defines JRPGs both before and after it.
> the writing, music, and artwork is standard JRPG fare
Which makes it 8/10 simply for the era it comes from, unless we're talking about fucking secret of mana or some ridiculously shitty sounding mess
> branches in story are largely irrelevant
The fact that they're there at all is impressive.

Wow ten different wastes of development time, to waste your fucking time. Amazing.

I haven't seen a single retort posted in any one of these. It's like asking why weak defenseless nerds get bullied. You know why.

>Wow ten different wastes of development time
>gameplay is a waste of development time
yeah i guess they could have spent that time making waifus instead

If Crono Trigger is railroaded because there's only one real path of plot progression, then Deus Ex is railroaded because you have to open that door no matter what way you do it.

Yeah. Or literally anything else, including nothing at all.

> Mass Effect 1, KOTOR 1-2, Jade Empire
These are honestly the only great WRPGs i can think of, since i didn't grow up with them all of the retro WRPGs aged like shit & were basically unplayable. And the newer ones rely soley on graphics & Sandboxes while lacking actual story or characters. So i find no value in them either

>It's like asking why weak defenseless nerds get bullied
Is this why Yea Forums gets bullied by better boards?

People like Chrono Trigger cause of its amazing story, characters, music, world, themes of world destruction, and time travel. Also the 10 or so different endings helps. I cant think of a more complete RPG honestly.

> game is railroaded because there's only one plot

Attached: 1536421720763.jpg (727x480, 38K)

Only faghots and insufferable pricks like Chrono Triggered.

Attached: 1553831471409.gif (165x180, 45K)

I like it because the MC looks like Goku :>)

I played it for the first time a few months ago and loved it. Claiming something as retarded as 'you only like because other people told you to' just seems like a dumb excuse for you not understanding why other like it and you don't. To add, I also played FF7 for the first time and found it boring and dropped it 2 hours again, that game has pretty much the same acclaim as CT

>Which makes it 8/10 simply for the era it comes from, unless we're talking about fucking secret of mana or some ridiculously shitty sounding mess
>if all JRPGs are mediocre then mediocre is the new 10/10
you had stuff like ravenloft and albion which came out the same year, and I'm setting the bar REALLY low here. era doesn't matter by the way, games do not age.

youtu.be/uhl-_-p-jbI

Attached: 770584-ravenloft-stone-prophet-dos-screenshot-sometimes-you-need.png (640x400, 54K)

Yeah they do age unlike timeless classics like Chrono Trigger. I mean just like at the screenshot you posted. WRPGs of that era are horribly ugly and outdated.

No, I'm saying that RPGs from that vague era have generally unforgettable soundtracks but for shitty exceptions like Secret of Mana. Which means that Crono Trigger, even assuming it's average among its peers, is a 7 or 8/10 overall in the audiovisual department.

>outdated
can you explain what that means without revealing that you have a mental disability

CT is actually the first Square-Enix game. The first collaboration between their teams before Squaresoft bankrupted itself.

>have generally unforgettable soundtracks
most of them are mediocre, you have just heard them tons of times. its herd mentality. you like them because 'everyone' else does. you have heard them over and over throughout the years. if you think critically about it, you will realize it was not anything special.

I'm not the guy you're replying to, and I generally like the look, but I can see the flaws. The user interface is incredibly cheesy and overdone, the background looks downright silly, and the level of detail is uncanny. I get the sense it wants me to forget I'm looking at sprites, but I can really tell.
It adds up to a cheesy whole. I can enjoy it, but it looks bad to some people.

Dude, I've played Crono Trigger twice, and every single song still sticks with me, even the ones you only heard once. It's not "hearing them tons of times", it's legitimate compositional quality.

I mean ugly ass graphics that aged like milk. Y'know kinda like the literal who games you just posted that nobody remembers unlike CT. The kind with OSTs that have sub 500 views like what you just posted. Lol

What games do YOU like then, faggot?

I've been enjoying Pathfinder Kingmaker lately. There's some issues here and there, but what Wrpg doesn't?
As for the OP, it told an interesting and unconventional (for the time) story mixing medieval fantasy, prehistoric, and sci-fi themes. The ability to play the game and watch the world change around you for the better due to your involvement in events. Characters all had their own stories behind them that you could follow and conclude (Robo's factory, Lucca's mother, Glenn and Cyrus, etc). Combat was fast, easy to learn, and one of the first, if not the first, Jrpgs to include a positional combat system. The music was memorable and catchy. Optional content and side quests (which only got expanded in the DS version). The story included plot twists over a larger narrative which was very uncommon for the time. Several different villains and bad guys which got their own screen time instead of everything being all about the big bad.
There's a lot of reasons that the game has always been held in high regards. Put simply, if you like Jrpgs there's next to no reason why you wouldn't like Chrono Trigger.

I'm sick of you JRPG faggots. None of those things are done well at all you yellow woman fetishising faggots. I hate this fucking board.

And we are sick of you Divinity Kun, get a trip so we can ban you like Barry

> everything that makes a game good doesn't
hopy shit

FF6 is one if the worst entries in the series.

>Confess that you only like this game because you were mentally conditioned to do so
How?

Nigger how can you believe this

T. Assmad FF7 fag

It's also paced incredibly well

>There is not one thing this game does that is exceptional.

That's because the game was too busy inventing all the things which later games did in a more exceptional way you retarded fucking zoomer. And all those later games that did some things better also did most other things worse. Leaving CT as still the best RPG to this day.

I bet you think Super Mario 64 is a 4/10 too. Fucking moron.

Fucking this. By OPS metric the only valid way to build a game that isn’t one where you are railroaded is to have the option to win without even playing.

Admit you’re a retarded zoomer who’s first rpg was skyrim

I'm going to assume you are not trolling/baiting.

Reasons why:
>The sprites are insanely good
>Akira Toryama
>Music is nuts. Look at any Super Nintendo game, its not even close
>Combat extremely varied unlike other JRPGs which were mainly static
>Extremely varied environments
>Very long for an SNES game
>Akira Toryama again.
>The characters are cool, none feel out of place. They all belong and should be there.
>Side quests and story to help along with end game content
>True sense of progression and no areas that are solidly slow
>That final boss battle.
>That final boss battle.
>That final boss battle.
>New Game + so it's designed to be replayed.

Dude. This game is insane. It's super fucking good. I'm 29. You are under age. You can do it buddy. Play it. Beat it, come back and tell us your findings.

Attached: file.png (1200x800, 1.9M)

I never played it as a kid, and besides the pseudo-random battles being annoying because there's some you just can't avoid (unlike most games that offer items or abilities to stop random encounters for a while) it was pretty enjoyable. the story was absolute trash and a lot of the game has repetitive backtracking but it's far from a abd game. It needed to be a little bit harder, and I think it would hold up just fine. Thankfully there are romhacks to do just that.

ff6 is my preference between it and ct, but SMRPG will always be my top choice for snes jrpg.

> pseudo-random battles
you can walk past all but the most forced fights, and pretty much every required fight has an obvious lead-up.
> backtracking
what the fuck? Where?

I was never too big a fan of Chrono Trigger since it felt too much like Dragonball Z.

>Cell is coming to destroy the earth
>recruit these plucky young teenagers and become super saiyan to save the world
>also time travel

Goku-er I mean chrono even uses an epic kamehamea wave to kill Lavos.

how many layers of shitpost are you on my dude

look at this and tell me this doesn't come straight from DBZ.

>goku lifts up his arms for a massive spirit bomb and saves his friends

Attached: chrono_trigger_chronos_death.jpg.jpg (500x281, 33K)

It's like when a game plays out like a theme park ride that you have no role or impact in. Which is definitely not true about Crono Trigger btw, OP is a retard.

I beat the NDS version in 2015, it was a lot of fun. I wish I had a snes as a kid, damn it would have been nostalgic. I may replay it soon, the snes version this time.

Attached: 1536982736488.png (1920x1080, 3.51M)

He fucking dies, though.

It's great, just (massively) overrated. Reminder that nu-gaming journos always rate it between 1-10 with every best of all time list. That's who you are on the side of.

The music is the one thing that it deserves all the praise for

>character featured heavily in all artwork and on the box
>dying
Damn son, that's a good joke.

>caring about game journos’ opinions
>at all
I’ll like what I want to like, dude.

Chrono Trigger is peak vidya comfy

he looks like cell saga gohan

He does.
There's even an alternative ending if you decide not to resurrect him. You can complete the rest of the game with Chrono dead.

>>caring about game journos’ opinions
>>at all
exactly jackie

And as I recall even after getting him back he's no longer required to be in the party which is neat.

kys asap

Yeah, you can switch him out. Not much reason to though considering what a powerful character he is, but the option is there if you want it.

>Confess that you only like this game because you were mentally conditioned to do so.
I played it before I even knew what the fuck was Squaresoft or let alone the internet.
So no, I didn't enjoy it just because people told me to enjoy it.

News flash: not everybody is a superficial as you, Mr Normalfag.