ITS HAPPENING

ITS HAPPENING

store.steampowered.com/sale/valve_index/

Attached: 1528713769591.jpg (1883x928, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=352Hmh0b3Ps
youtube.com/watch?v=cYpz3abAk98
streamable.com/7wvdm
youtube.com/watch?v=ZjPN51sEftE
youtu.be/6M2J7SGs68A
youtube.com/watch?v=usa0xCpzuxU
i.imgur.com/BukDgcm.png
vrheads.com/playstation-vr-why-theres-no-screen-door-effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>steam machine failed
>steam controller failed
>vr projects failed
Don't get your hopes up.

>still no knuckles
>launching against Rift S in a market dominated by the PSVR, Rift, and Vive
RIP

KNUCKLES WHEN

Oh boy another $700 VR thing that will be outdated in 6 months, call me in 10 years when the technology is done being beta tested by consumers.

>Big ass screen on the front.
>What looks like a vent underneath it.
What the fuck kind of shit is valve up to.

>Steam controller failed.
Literally a case of people being too retarded to tweak it to their preferences, it's a great controller.

lol edgy poorfag

>i dont even play video games anymore
fuck me what am i doing. i hope i can get back into it sometime

Attached: 1542557356735.png (221x225, 74K)

hey he needs that 10 years to save money for the headset lmao

>still pushing the VR meme

HL2 VR prequel is a launch title, screencap this

lol no. If I want a controller, I'm not going to use its ass version of a control stick and dpad and if I want precision, a keyboard and mouse is far superior.

I'll give them props for trying but all they made was a shit version of both superior methods.

everyone already knows this though

this will certainly come with knuckles and new games
I am fucking hyped, been waiting to upgrade from the vive for 3 years now

/r/ValveIndex subreddit was created 4 months ago, creator has no other activity besides also creating /r/ApertureVR. Hmmmm.

You're right, it's Valve, not like they've delayed things before, right? Especially not things that normally come as part of a complete series.

>Coming soon, the Epic Games VR Headset
>(Epic Store exclusives will only work on Epic Games VR)

>steam machine failed
People just misunderstood what the first-gen Steam Machines were. Its as if people pretended the Macs Microsoft bought and used as devkits for the 360 was the final 360.
SteamOS development and development of games for SteamOS never stopped. People just don't react the same to stuff when the development is out in the open even when its really amazing stuff like Windows game compatibility.

>Literally a case of people being too retarded to tweak it to their preferences
I think you mean literally a case of people get controllers for free with consoles. Third party controllers never do well.

knuckles have been ready for ages according to people with dev kits, they were probably delaying it to release with this headset

Wasn't there already a VR game in the Portal universe, called The Lab?

Sonyroaches have enough time to practice that coping.

The Lab wasn't really a game, it was a tech demo. Also if that's what it's about, why make it 3 years after the Lab released?

its in the portal universe? thats news for me. its a free vr demo with a bunch of minigames to showcase vr

Proton is essentially the evolution of what Steam Machines were

I'm sure it's just around the corner, like that game with the completed script that's going to come out any day now. Say, aren't they releasing THREE VR games? Hmm.

working on 3, I doubt they'll all be released at the same time

>joke
>
>head

Attached: bloomberg-vr.png (925x1028, 621K)

No, its a major feature developed for SteamOS 3 which will launch on the first real Steam Machine from Valve so people can play all the games devs will never port.
There's still s gap in the market for a console-style system that's really just a PC with a super easy to use controller interface.

Valve are still clearly focused on what the gaming world will be like beyond 2020.

How did they fail?
They sold a shitton, I'd hardly call that a "fail"

you weren't joking, you were whining

>pros
>backed by Facebook
Those people just love big corporation cock, don't they?

>Pros: Backed by Facebook
Cannot make this shit up

Well yeah. It's Bloomberg, go figure.

VR Dicksucking is HERE!

If it is wireless and a big improvement over my Oculus Rift, I might buy it. I'll be curious to see if they lock down HL VR to the Index only, since they ragged on Facebook/Oculus for locking down their games.

Really looking for a wireless VR headset as the wire ruins the immersion a lot.

Button on the right could be for syncing.
Can think of any other uses in that case.

Nice, time to save money.

If they sold a shitton why don't they produce them anymore?

Reminder that literally everything that Valve makes are universally flops.

So this is the Vive replacement?

I doubt any headset will be wireless out of the box for a while, given the added weight/cost and the fact that the vive's wireless adapter needed a pci card to cut down latency.

Epic is finished

Is it just me or did they remove the "MAY 2019" part of the page?

Vive is old shit and the newer models are all extremely expensive while still coming with wands. PSVR isn't even really competing in the PC market. Rift S is low-end shit and 1 step forward, 5 steps back compared to Rift CV1. This Index thing can definitely find a spot for itself in the market between the cheapo Rift S and the extremely expensive Vive Pro, especially if it offers a better image (resolution, lenses, FoV) and better controllers. It depends on how they price it, hopefully it'll be around $600 at most and not full retard $1000+.

I kind of doubt it though, getting a full Lighthouse-based package with a better headset for like $600 sounds too cheap considering the general prices in that ecosystem.

Steam controller is vastly superior to regular controllers. You can get precision and reaction speed out of it that is in a completely different league to analog sticks for anything involving aim or camera control, plus it actually works for mouse-driven games when traditional controllers fundamentally don't. It's not better than mouse and keyboard, but if for some reason you want or need to use a game pad it's far and away the best choice if you prioritize actually being able to control the game properly as opposed to plug & play ease of use.

It's an Oculus Rift replacement with the knucles controllers and all

?
its still there

no, it says May 2019

if it's not a gimped piece of shit like the Rift S is and gives me a better solution to wiring which it seems the new tracking does, I'm in. Sick of my Rift's sensors and shit. It's either this or the Quest as a replacement

Steam controller didnt fail. It did exactly what it wanted to do perfectly. They didnt expect huge sales yknow.

No, it's Valve's headset. The vive brand is owned by htc and they'll crank out some garbage under that name again before they go bankrupt from making shitty products.

Attached: 1500141816405.gif (320x240, 2.12M)

Jesus Linkara. Get sick of your own forums?

How can it track when there are no downward facing cameras?

>be valve
>buy dota trademark and spend 10 years milking the dota money cow
>try to make new game
>dota card game
>tease it at dota tournament
>overwhelmingly booed
>release it anyway
>most poorly-received valve game ever made
>scramble to get back some good will from drones
>"here's another $799.99 headset for you to beta test, half life 3 never ever!"

Attached: nope.jpg (184x184, 10K)

Huh, it's gone for me. I checked F12 as well

Capcom. all i want to do is play RE7 in VR with a PC headset and Steam controller

As someone who plays older games almost exclusively, VR has done a lot for my enjoyment the past year. It was worth the price I paid, which was $150. I would have never bought it at $600, though. Shit's good, but not that good.

>IPD adjust
>New knuckles controllers
>Likely gonna be trying to get former rift owners so it wont be crazy exppensive hopefully
Start saving up now boys. Half life vr is coming, and so am i.

Attached: 1533420285697.jpg (425x508, 51K)

Is this some fucking augmented reality shit.

>Even more expensive and new hardware
>Still no games

Attached: 11196DE4-236E-4B21-A41B-FF1F975F351A.jpg (400x535, 73K)

it looks like a cheap piece of shit.

Which might be a good thing, if the head tracking is nice, the screen is comparable to the competition and it's cheap as fuck I might finally get a headset for simracing.

Attached: hahahahaha.jpg (820x1206, 233K)

no its definitely VR. those cameras area new tracking solution that doesn't require sensors and cables routed all over the place

Fuck Valve. I hope wasting years of development on an useless and worthless gimmick paperweight bites them in the ass and finally bankrupts them.

It's a new vr headset model. I think the new ones coming out are wireless.

If this thing is Sub-$300/$300 exactly, Valve is going to shit all over Vive and Oculus. WMR is starting to finally get some steam with it's Gen-1 Headsets, now that they dropped in price so much. The fact that you can get a pretty fucking complete VR experience for less than $200 is pretty nice.

Check the source. The full image is still loaded in, they just soft-cropped the bottom via html/css

I work in finance, i watch Bloomberg all day and it made me realize how retarded the supposed experts are. Bloomberg has been talking about video games this whole weel because of GDC and the retards have no idea what they are saying.

Except the Vive is Valve's baby with hardware support from HTC

SUICIDE POSTPONED

Attached: 1523719738463.jpg (425x279, 16K)

It uses lighthouse tracking, you can tell by the little dots all over it.

I guess it'll be used for video pass-through and some AR stuff.

It uses the steamvr lighthouse system like the vive, there are concealed infrared sensors all over the headset.

I'm hoping they're smart enough to allow Inside-Out + Lighthouse tracking. Inside-Out is okay for a lot of stuff, but still has some quirks to work around.

Ah, I didn't realize it was part of the image. Thanks

> wireless
> more brain cancer
ha ha ill take wired please!

this and the Quest will be a clean slate that will probably bring VR more mainstream, assuming the Index isn't a fortune (it doesn't look like an exceedingly complex headset). valve needs to take this chance for the PC market because the new Rift is emberassing

It probably allows both. The WMR headsets use two front-facing cameras to handle tracking, and are pretty decent overall. This probably has 4 like the Cosmos, and allows the option for Lighthouse depending on room size. That's the smartest way to handle every possible demographic that'd want a headset.

maybe those cameras can track hand gestures?

>bro the new valve headset is totally gonna come with the knuckles that haven't been discussed since they were prototyped years ago
>no they're not, they're on valve time, just like HL3, we have no idea if they're going to come out at all, much less in 2 months
>STOP WHINING

Attached: 1514302919629.gif (500x500, 2.98M)

If Valve releases the knuckles they wouldn't need that

he says bathed in wi-fi rays

valve index was trademarked for ages ago, we only just found out it was a headset today

This
The Quest is cool in the sense its so simple. But for people like me that wont join n ecosystem if i cant pirate a try before i buy, then i wont even buy the hardware. And i cant even use rift s because of IPD.

>the new Rift is emberassing

maybe that was the reason for Oculus not to invest heavily in PC hmd, they knew what Valve was doing

>just spent $600 on a facebookulus shit with accessories

I wasted ALL my fucking money on a headset that spies on me and can be shut down remotely by facebook at any time and I can't even play the new half life game. I hope I can get at least $100 for it on ebay but it's probably worthless now. I'll struggle to give this thing away.

Attached: 1522985795601.jpg (500x500, 55K)

You're naive if you think that mature people easily get hyped about anything out there and you're essentially bragging about not being completely retarded. You're also a loser because you can't grasp the concept of fails being the way to success.

>companies STILL trying to sell off their stupid mass investment of core VR technology they invested in when vR was supposed to be a big thing
No.

One.

Cares.

Stop viral marketing this VR shit and let it die.

please be cheap

There's no reason to argue with someone stupid enough to not think they will release the controllers they've shown off with a new headset, dumbass

>the knuckles that haven't been discussed since they were prototyped years ago

Boneworks is developing with the knuckles in mind for support
youtube.com/watch?v=352Hmh0b3Ps

Their commercial failure isn't the worrying factor. It's Valve's outright lack of significant support after being out in the market for only a few months. You'll make a better investment buying any other headset than a Valve one, because I can guarantee that by year 1, Valve won't bother to fix any of the issues (and there will be issues) their VR headset hardware and software has and the market will abandon it.

Steam controller is literally the best controller on the market right now. Trackpads, gyro, mode switching, macros. Fuck off shitter and learn to customize things to your liking
>Goes to community configs
>Picks the top one without even thinking
>HURR THIS THING SUCKS!!
Being able to do truck sim/ED/and flight Sims on one controller with every action mapped is fucking sex

>Likely gonna be trying to get former rift owners so it wont be crazy exppensive hopefully
I fucking hope so, because as a current Rift owner, fucking nothing looks like a worthwhile upgrade. Rift S especially looks like shit.

There's no way it's that cheap. This is Valve, so this will have Lighthouse outside-in tracking and more likely than not will also come with Knuckles controllers. There's no way you get a decent headset with physical IPD adjustment, 2 Lighthouse (2.0?) base stations and Knuckles controllers for $300. Even the castrated Rift S is $400, absolutely no way this is going to be that cheap. We'd be lucky to have this shit at double that, if not even more than $600.

>havent been discussed
Dude, your idiocy is no excuse for not following news. They've showed them off with Boneworks, a bunch of V3 kits went out at the end of the year, AND there have been mentions of them the past few weeks.

The cameras are probably just for stereoscopic pass-through like on the vive pro. The early leaks don't show any others on the sides.

Calling it now
Base stations not included, uses inside out by default, with outside supported.

The steam controller is the biggest pile of fucking dogshit ever created. Remember those trackpad memes and how trackpads are fucking AWFUL for gaming?

>Guys, lets take the trackpad and put it ON THE CONTROLLER

It's dogshit, and you're a fucking dipshit for defending it.

Attached: trackpad.png (500x2360, 569K)

They have a good point here though. Facebook has enough money to pump money indefinitely into products that aren't immediately profitable in order to establish them as new platforms. "I want to buy a headset that I know is going to be supported for years by a company that isn't going to dump it in 6 months if it's not profitable anymore" is a valid reason for getting an Oculus. Shit, they still even support the old DK2 kits. On top of that, they have enough money to pay Carmack to program their software.

Honestly they could be used for almost everything mentioned in this thread.

>There's no way it's that cheap
Maybe the headset itself will be cheap but they'll sell everything else as accessories and make their margin this way.

Yeah bro, they're totally going to release the one product they DIDN'T announce.

its not a trackpad in itself that makes them shit its their placement and ergonomics. Being able to hold a controller with an accurate trackpad accessible from a thumb while also having a dpad and buttons is great. You've obviously never used one and just dismissed it based on what the same outlets you're making fun of in your image.
its a teaser, dipshit

I think it'd be pretty silly if it DIDNT offer the option for Inside-out tracking, considering everybody and their brother is jumping on that train since WMR did it.

FUCK YEA
HLVR time lads

We also saw pictures and videos of people doing mocap work for HL3. It's still not out (and we know it's likely that it never will come out now). The fact that "people have been mentioning it" is totally meaningless.

>all these seething heebulus and poorfags
Gay ben comes back to us now, at the turn of the tide

Attached: kizuna ai presents the smug face.jpg (889x779, 127K)

If you are right, I'm gonna be hype as fuck.

My Acer VR controllers trackpad is pretty comfy, so I can agree there. Never tried a steam controller though.

Trackpads as a hard input are literally the second best to a mouse. If you aren't sitting at a desk, and want to play a game that normally would require kbm, steak controller is the best. If I want to play XCOM away from the desk, the steam controller is the next best thing. Which means it's about 100 times better than whatever faggy xbone, dualshock, or nintenpro controller you would use as the alternative, faggot

Also inside out tracking is trash compared to the lighthouses
It’s nowhere near as accurate and controllers won’t track unless in front of you

>GUYS PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT VR I WANT IT TO DIE

based gaben

There's going to be speculation about how valve someone managed to get their costs down or take a loss on the headset so it will only cost $300, then they will announce the price of like $800 and $1200+ if you live outside of America. Everyone's going to be disappointed.

>it's called Valve Thing rather than Steam Thing
What game are they playing here?

Attached: 1553816675642.jpg (1330x530, 145K)

I think distinguishing their product for those who want decent tracking is plenty of reason not to hop on the bandwagon.

lol so fun to laugh at those less fortunate

Cool, I need a new pair of binoculars.

Nah people will just either buy it at launch or wait til the inevitable price drop. Duh.
I'd pay 600 if the specs were right.

I owned one and used it for about a month before giving up on it because it was unusable. I used every profile under the sun to get it to work and they all failed, and every issue came back to the trackpad.

The trackpad is dogshit, and the only time it was ever HALF decent was playing an FPS.

Cope harder about your shitty purchase, I sold mine off for 30 bucks after I realized it's an unusable piece of shit.

There are hundreds of people with V3 kits. There are literally videos on Youtube posted in the last MONTH. The Boneworks video actually *was* last month. There has been an overwhelming influx of attention on the Knuckles controllers in the past half a year. The fact that you're oblivious to it because you hate VR - either blindly, or cause you're a poorfag - just makes you look like a massive shitbird who can't backup their argument.

youtube.com/watch?v=cYpz3abAk98

Attached: cia dab.gif (487x342, 240K)

The fact that they're focusing on the IPD sensor in the advert, which was a huge complaint against the Rift S despite the majority of players never using it, makes it very clear they're going for the former Rift owners.

Attached: 1526020227134.jpg (441x411, 15K)

nah the steam controller is just a very elegantly designed solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Apparently valve thought people were just clamoring to play RTS games with a controller, but for every other game...that's already designed to be played by a normal dual analog controller there is no point.

Attached: crying with laughter.jpg (680x680, 32K)

people who laugh at others for not having money are just average peasants who blow their money on useless shit every month

>shove a 5inch screen in front of your eyes globe
>upgrade your experience
No thx I'm fine with my 32" monitor.

am I still banned

I'm a gay little faggot and I like black cock

>despite the majority of players never using it
Cause people set it up once and never have to touch it again ever.

>Used every profile under the sun
You're supposed to make your own, retard. Other people don't know your optimal control scheme

... How exactly does offering the option for both tracking styles hamper the headset in any way? I think assuming it doesn't offer the option for both is just dumb at this point. The tracking would be good with lighthouse, and if you have a smaller space, serviceable with inside-out.

Are those lenses on the top?
Will it have any Augmented Reality function besides the normal VR?

trackpad for camera movement in third person games are great. still shit for FPS but hey

Attached: 1542491021518.png (748x748, 360K)

>it's a great controller
buyer's coping mechanism in full effect

>In a market dominated by PSVR
How the fuck is a market dominated by a proprietary gadget that doesn't work with anything but an underpowered console?

it is lol
you need to be 18 to post on this site and if you're an adult its entirely up to you to make smart financial decisions so you can have a reasonable expendable income

>what is tracking
>what is VR controllers
brainlet

>5-inches
>1440p display
I mean sure, if you want to cherrypick.

That's actually a really good point to be honest. Why are they branding it like that? You would think steam would have more market recognition, but I guess their market testing said otherwise.

this is for the pov of investors not users. they probably can't invest in valve at all

>it comes with a smell and touch input device so that fucking your waifu feels even more real
Would Valve succeed in making VR a big thing?

Because it sells more than every other headset combined

gimmick for s-oyboys

shut the fuck up, faggot

for you

Pass-through cameras. Vive had one. This seems to have two.

But that literally means nothing. It literally exists in a bubble. It doesn't compete, period.

It has to include knuckles and HLVR and be priced the same as PSVR or it's dead on arrival.

And why would they call it index it's such a generic name. Call it the dicksuckotron 9000 or something.

Maybe just the bare headset for $300 and you can use it in a Lighthouse setup (if you have one), that I could see. Supporting both inside-out and outside-in on the same product just seems like bloat and a waste, you'd have to make both the headset and the controllers function with completely different tracking methods. Inside-out would have to use cameras and CV while the Lighthouse system works on an entirely different principle.

Also, on another note, I wonder why the fuck Valve kept completely quiet at GDC about this, only to hit us with this page right now and supposedly a release date in 1-2 months.

>but for every other game...that's already designed to be played by a normal dual analog controller there is no point.
That's not true, dual analog controllers are completely terrible at a lot of games they're used for extensively, namely anything which involves aiming and/or benefits from quick camera control. There's a reason why autoaim is so prevalent in console shooters, analog sticks just fucking suck at the job to the point where artificial assistance is needed. Dual analog stick is only superior for things like twin-stick shooters, which are niche at best.

It's not a meme, it's going to be the standard in the near future. IT WILL NOT SHARE THE SAME FATE AS KINECT AND 3D TVS, VR IS THE TRUE FUTURE!!!

you're fucking retarded

>gaben is based because his dumb pet projects are expensive
yes...yes I see...

Attached: thonkpeek.png (201x120, 10K)

I don't hate VR, (I have like 100-200~ hours logged on Steam VR) logged I just think believing that the knuckles controllers are coming out because Valve is teasing a totally separate product is ridiculously stupid. If the knuckles were coming out with it there's no way they wouldn't also be teasing it.

>HLVR
stopped reading there you live in a fantasy world

don't you need to hunt & gather for your tribe?

Even if Steam controllers failed, their software side support for controllers is wonderful.
You can do stupidly precise configurations with it.

Attached: controller.png (1269x705, 315K)

If they market it through the store name then it sets a precedent with consumers. EA or Epic suddenly could pull a headset out of their ass and call it Origin View or Epic Glasses or some shit like that. If they keep it to Valve then people are forced to work off of their recognition as developers and not just consumer loyalty.

Repent Zoomer

Attached: who could it be.png (1874x765, 1.1M)

>muh false dichotomy

But you're also ignoring the fact that information is coming out on a weekly basis at this point about the Knuckles. It honestly looks like we're more likely to get them before this thing.

I don't think they did any market testing at all to be honest. My guess is they just wanted to avoid the Steam vs. Epic game store fight that's going on now and avoid questions like
>WILL MY STEAM VR HEADSET WORK FOR GAMES I BOUGHT ON EPIC????? PLS RESPOND

Is that fire lord ozai?

It's gotten to the point where Steam will just automatically map a plugged in DS4 as a 360 controller for devs that want that functionality turned on in their game. Steam will even do a warning pop-up if you're already emulating a 360/Xbone controller with your controller and state that it's not needed for the given game.

>Bro just use your own control scheme, it'll fix the trackpad i swear!!

I did fuck around with the settings after using a profile, but every issue again comes back to the trackpad feeling awkward as fuck on my thumb.

I would buy a steam controller in a heartbeat if they removed the trackpad and replaced it with an analog stick, since the build is actually really fucking good.

No amount of fiddling will ever fix the shitshow that the trackpad causes though, no matter how much I fucked around with other peoples profiles and my own.

I forget that it's only okay when Steam does it. Never again shall I stray from the hivemind!

>WILL MY STEAM VR HEADSET WORK FOR GAMES I BOUGHT ON EPIC
No worries, Epic doesn't support VR so you have to use Steam anyway!

To think five years ago I was tricking my computer into thinking my shitty DS3 was an Xbox 360 controller while I had to pair a random bluetooth dongle permanently with it just to use the controller. How far we've come.

If we were getting them earlier than the headset that would be next month. They would have already been teased or announced outright and developers would already be discussing how they were already being implemented in multiple different games because they're so different from the prior wand system.

Why would you want it to die when it's getting to dick sucking stage?
Are you some sort of faggot? Just pretend it's a guy, faggot.

VR is pretty much Valve's only hardware venture that hasn't been a failure. It's a niche product, but one that does well in its niche.

Yup, I use a switch pro controller whenever I don't want to use the Steam controller and it works flawlessly in every single game, its amazing and Valve doesn't get enough credit for it, just like most things they accomplish with their platform that gets taken for granted by journalists and children

Both of these are probably the best answer, yeah

Nah man, disable track ball mode, inncrease sensitivity, use gyro mapped on a button for a mode switch. Shits too fuckin good

>why don't they produce them anymore?
half life, portal and left 4 dead sold millions
you tell me

Attached: the answer is kirby.png (302x237, 4K)

You can partly blame Sony for never releasing drivers of their own for DS3/DS4. DS4's plug'n'play default is complete garbage.

YOU don't care
This is really interesting tech and first gen VR is really good

i'll wait for the brain-interface version.

The overwhelming majority of people have an IPD that differs by no more than 10 MILLImeters. Headsets can already account for that difference virtually. Headsets that don't use a double screen set-up already do.

I'd say 99.9% of the world doesn't care.

The trackpad is the good thing about it, though. Analog sticks are slow and clunky and it's entirely impossible to flick aim with them due to the way they function. You can easily do that with a trackpad, while also maintaining a significant degree of precision and fine aim control. You just can't do that with a stick. Trackpad + gyro is only 2nd to an actual mouse, going back from that to an analog stick is what being handicapped must feel like.

Attached: 1459999580755.jpg (1620x599, 216K)

The VR market is dominated by the PSVR. The fact that the playstation itself is underpowered compared to a PC doesn't change that.

>Facebook has enough money to pump money indefinitely into products that aren't immediately profitable in order to establish them as new platforms
And Valve doesn't?
I'm not saying Valve is at the same level, but they sure as shit have enough fuck you money to fund VR tech for a long while. They make tens of millions of annually just from ASSFAGGOT e-books that occasionally gives the player a cosmetic item. That doesn't include the 30% that they're given from every sale made on their platform.

>dominated by the PSVR(under powered garbage)

Attached: 1541982846906.png (466x443, 402K)

It's going to come out with knuckles and HLVR, they're just not in the teaser.

I am way too hyped. Willing to drop 1k as long as I get to escape this shitty Facebook ecosystem.

>that haven't been discussed since they were prototyped years ago
The third hardware revision came out a few months ago and had a pretty large run, stop being so moronically ignorant.
People were afraid that the HMD was vaporware since Valve never mentioned it before and all we knew about it was from leaks.

Attached: 1548040787390.jpg (645x597, 44K)

I guess that's mathematically true if you include diseased third worlders picking through cow dung for edible corn kernels and other typical Yea Forums posters, but for those of us with disposable income this is pretty cool.

A shame, but the tech is getting better and better, and the games too.
What's needed is good marketting and good price.
400$ is the limit imo, I understand this is cutting edge tech, but people will not buy it unless it's cheaper.

This. The steam controller is a horrible terrible controller, until you use literally any other controller. The trackpads and gyro feel like dogshit, so you go back to sticks and holy shit wait no go back....it's second to MKB

Whether a game was released on Epic's or Steam's game store doesn't change whether the developer made a VR game. Subnautica is released on both stores and works in VR on both.

>backed by a computer that can waste millions on trying to make a thing more relevant
Nothing bad about that.

Proton seems like a miracle. So many of those whiners on Win7 complaining about Win10 (as if Win7 isn't infested with telemetry) ignore Proton because they refuse to put in one iota of effort.

I have a Rift and I might just get this headset to free me of any need for Win10.

You big dumb ass
streamable.com/7wvdm

What even made you come to that wild conclusion? Valve still actively supports the link and controller with both new features and fixes.

>And Valve doesn't?
No, of course they don't. Are you being obtuse or do you really think Valve has more money than Facebook? Valve has already shuttered things they couldn't afford to keep up on.

No, PSVR sold well, but few actually play it because there are not many good psvr games.
And the few played games are games like beatsaber, worse because no custom content and fixes via mods.

Doesn't it need SteamVR though? Do you buy the game on Epic and then have to install Steam in order to install SteamVR?

>a wojack
wow I'm fucking defeated

I'm actually in the same boat. Regret it because of it's forced onto Windows 10. Depending on where things go I'll be replacing it with either this or the Quest. The quest most likely not because watching porn on it wont be as easy

Is there any way to tweak it to have analog sticks you dumb fucking retard baby?

>wireless
Quit trying to turn a PC product into one of your shitty cellphone gimmicks.

>Do you buy the game on Epic and then have to install Steam in order to install SteamVR?

Yes.

But the games on PSVR and PC VR are totally separate.

Why the Quest?

Valve don't deserve to get credit for it considering that nobody wanted it.

fuckin rekt that guy m8 lol

Attached: 1551883097147.jpg (669x1024, 57K)

Just because standalone sounds convenient
yeah man no one wanted universal controller support, idiot

Nice false flag faggot

>Doesn't it need SteamVR though?
It uses OpenVR, which is distributed by Steam. You don't need to download the game on Steam to use it.

Proton is not good enough for now

unless autism is cured Epic will never go out of business with Fortnite

The touchpads are shit you fucking pcbro

>quest
OH NO NO

who wants to guess price. I'm guessing 599 bundle

>pcbro

Attached: 1531770301668.jpg (650x576, 60K)

Based on what? The only big hole seems to be games with anti-cheat.

>retard that has never even touched one

The VR market includes both console and PC VR sets, and the PSVR outsells everything on PC. PSVR is something like 4 million units, Oculus and Vive have around 1 million each.

But you still need to download steamvr.

>can't be fucked to read past the 3 words after the quote
Nice job dumbo
>Valve has already shuttered things they couldn't afford to keep up on.
So has Facebook are you kidding me?

Attached: 1546691941460.png (975x6118, 690K)

>and the extremely expensive Vive Pro, especially if it offers a better image (resolution, lenses, FoV) and better controllers

Easily, largest thing that stopped me from moving from my Vive to a Pro was that the Pro had a ton of issues with breaking down from the slightest bit of moisture from sweat getting into the headset. Tons of people who played Beatsaber ruined their Pros within a week or two.

If this new Valve headset offers better resolution and isn't as faulty then I might actually switch to this

599 headset maybe lol

Hot damn I am looking so much forward to see Valve's VR garbage flop and bomb hardcore. I am ready to masturbate to Valve failing once again.

That's rather shit as far as user experience goes.

No, but you need a Steam account, you need Steam itself and you need SteamVR installed in that case, so you use one store just to fucking have to make an account for another store, then install a bunch of shit through that other store in order to have the game you paid for be fully functional. That's pretty garbage.

Yes, which you can do regardless of whether you play Subnautica through Epic or Steam. This is like saying every browser is Internet Explorer because you have to use it to download Firefox or Chrome, dude.

That's cool I guess

Attached: 877682123_15446039667371.webm.0ed98543c120fe3c81f2bf922a9ce855[1].webm (898x1072, 2.88M)

PSVR outsells because it's cheap and also shit. You can't play any good fucking games on PSVR; all the good VR games are on PC and statistics show PC VR owners still regularly use their headsets, while all the PSVRs are catching dust on shelves because nothing supports them and the things that do are shit.

>Tons of people who played Beatsaber ruined their Pros within a week or two.
Fucking hell, I had no idea they were so fragile. I played Gorn until sweat was pretty much literally dripping down my face with my Rift and it's still working fine.

Which products has Facebook stopped selling because they couldn't afford to keep making and selling them?

While very impressive, Proton doesn't achieve 100% or close yet, and Linux support is often an afterthought in game dev, so I won't be switching to Linux for some time.

>Backed by Facebook

Attached: 165324364w3466334.jpg (320x483, 55K)

Are you saying every game ever would have to be playable on Linux for you to bother?

600 seems like a safe bet, higher would be suicide unless it's groundbreaking tech.

it achieves damn near 100%, and just about 100% of games that matter. Sekiro just launched and plays basically native

Yeah, you're failing to realize here that "PSVR dominates the VR market" is not at all a statement on the quality of the headset, the games on it, or anything else. I don't think it's a good headset either.

>unless it's groundbreaking tech.
well that's the point of it no?

Wow! I may consider the Rift S over the Index considering this.

Retarded video from le epic game

muh beatsaber. go have sex with women. that can be a workout too

Not every game but I'd be good to hear devs actually care about Linux see
Thanks to Proton Linux's share will rise tho so I'm not worried

>99.9% of the world doesn't care
99.9% of the world doesn't care about high end PC gaming, what's your fucking point?

It doesn't need to be groundbreaking, just make a solid set with good controllers and no stupid gimmicks.

>literally uploaded a list of projects and products that facebook dumped because it wasn't making money.

Attached: 1549296311582.gif (320x228, 1.78M)

Why would we be playing on Windows if this wasn't the case for Windows? Yes, of course. All or at least the vast majority.

Fucking told you niggers

Attached: Boneworks release.png (640x478, 89K)

399 for the headset+199 for the knuckles+99 for each lighthouse 2

Here's your breadcrumbs
>HTC owns Vive
>Valve now has Index

Main differences are
>dual chaperone cams
>lighter
>supercrazyfast pixel response times
>"greasy screen" problem fixed
>possible to use with ps4 (unofficially due to copyright, but an "unofficial" third party firmware gives proper handshake)
>IPD slider on bottom
>no motion controllers bundled, use current wands or wait for knuckles
>Detaches from face. Now you can go to the bathroom

this

he said, tears streaming down his face as he tries to eat his student ramen

>let this thing that's steadily growing into a healthy market die already because I don't have the money for it yet

t. jealous poorfag

You think "UX Changes" is a product Facebook stopped making and selling because they couldn't afford it? Are you stupid? It's just a general anti-facebook image and list of Facebook's fuck-ups. It's true that Facebook sucks, but they've literally never stopped making something because "oh we ran out of money and can't afford to make and sell it anymore."

yes The Lab is Aperture themed. but it's explicitly all about many-worlds, so saying it's 'in the same universe' is iffy. It's technically OUR same multiverse; it is the hypothetical multiverse of all possible things. regardless, it has GLaDOS and Bendies and Personality Cores and etc. Portal IP all over it.

We've gone from "a few" to "most". I'd be perfectly happy to skip a few games that proved to be Windows-only if it meant I could be only on Linux.

Attached: shinobi project VR.webm (960x720, 1.93M)

Rest assured, you'll reconsider once the headaches start due to the lack of IPD adjustment.

Why are Steam links so expensive FUCK

If you have money you have money to pay women to fuck your fat ugly bodies

>that crowbar
holy shit half life 3 knuckles edition confirmed

Halfdome with foveated rendering WILL blow this out of the water

>If I want to play XCOM away from the desk
Why the FUCK would you ever want to do that?
KDM is the only way to play XCOM

Got an android phone?
Just download it

The Knuckles demo is also Portal-styled, I think it's just their go-to aesthetic for these demos.

>holding weapon
>goes completely limp when grabbed by the neck and makes no effort to attack
blade and sorcery is a fun game but that isn't a very flattering webm

>3dpd

Attached: e54.png (640x360, 278K)

>I played Gorn until sweat was pretty much literally dripping down my face with my Rift and it's still working fine.

Same with my Vive, I fought for position on the Beatsaber leaderboards until I was drenched in sweat without any issues. It's only an issue with the Pro for some reason.

>ends up being more expensive than vive pro

Attached: 1488464330998.png (591x716, 322K)

Shoulda gottem when they were on sale for 5 dollars a pop.

having the actual hardware steam link is better. There's less input lag because you can do a wired connection.

Neither has valve
They've never canceled or stopped supporting a product because they were running out of money. They're usually dunked because it wasn't profitable. Same as facebook.

>Steam links
Because they were discontinued. You should have bought them when they were 5 dollars.

>Gorn
I broke so much shit
fuck this game omg

The pricing really needs to be right for this one
Valve plz

Did you buy a vr before owning a house?

if i had to guess its because it was marketed for professionals, one example being corporate bigwigs at bmw looking at new cars in VR before the pre production models are ready and there was no real stress testing for that type of environment

Knuckles are compatible with lighthouse v1 right?

>Facebook has enough money to pump money indefinitely into products that aren't immediately profitable in order to establish them as new platforms
>So does Valve
>just uhhh they dropped all those products because they weren't profitable enough to keep making, not because they weren't making enough money to keep making them
have a nice night dude

Attached: 1326436413576.jpg (483x484, 19K)

>*requires a PC to run

ah, so PLAYSTATION VR doesn't require anything other than the headset? Cool stuff, Bloomberg.

I have a big enough house but I play in my small room for some reason

the knuckles will be compatible with all current vive hardware and there is remapping available so you can play older software that never had the knuckles in mind, just emulating the original wands

in.

Attached: 1496488300683.webm (640x360, 2.92M)

I thought they gutted their VR team, who's developing this?

Nice.
Based Valve

Attached: purin3.webm (900x506, 2.94M)

You have to understand the mindset of a normie. Most of them don't already own VR-ready PCs. They just have laptops or old towers.

Stop getting my hopes up

So is that Boneworks 16 minute video the only hands on someone has had with the Knuckles?

They outed some VR staff but they said this wouldn't impact any current VR projects

Why would you think that, knuckles dev kits have been sent to devs constantly

Everyone has a PS4. Nobody has agaming PC (too expensive)

Mental illness

>every game title will now end with "& Knuckles Support"

Attached: 1377300916940.png (516x510, 40K)

They didn't. We didn't know who was fired specifically, until we did.

They fired a bunch of people from different departments, and they were contractors too. One of them was Richard Garfield, the guy behind Artifact.

Is this a cheaper Vive Pro? Not buying VR until it has at least Vive Pro resolution

valve has always had a more freeflowing development cycle for their hardware so the moving of people from one team to another is based on importance of the project, obviously teasing it as may 2019 they've bumped it up in priority
this is also why valve takes fucking forever to make actual video games

>>Detaches from face. Now you can go to the bathroom
whats that supposed to mean? you mean it swings up like the WMR headsets?

>VR
>Knuckles
There is only one thing that comes to mind.

They sent out thousands of units to devs and media people, the internet is full of info on them.
The HMD is another story, it's under a tight NDA but we had glimpses of it from some devs, hopefully the NDA is lifted now they actually announced it.

No price yet but hopefully

classic

>just uhhh they dropped all those products because they weren't profitable enough to keep making, not because they weren't making enough money to keep making them
Several companies did this are you kidding me?
Google, Microsoft, etc. The difference is that they didn't try to get a foothold in an new emerging market with these products.
The argument is that
So does Valve. They make money hand-over-fist from their marketplace and cosmetic micro-transactions on their first party games. They could indefinitely fund VR due to their other projects making more than enough money to keep the company afloat. Suck my fucking dick, retard; you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

It will likely have more new features than the Vive pro.

Guess I'll hold off on Oculus Quest

NO NO PLEASE ANYTHING BUT THAT

duh
don't fucking buy this crap

>standalone
>no wires
So inside-out tracking, aka the worst solution + you now have to charge the hmd too
>72 hz OLED Display
OH NO NO
og vive has 90Hz and some say it's not enough what the fuck is a 72Hz vr display HAHAHAHA

Game lineup is not bad but still 100% inferior to pcvr, and no mods
I don't want to support Facebook moving to an even more closed system and neither should you

Friendly reminder to avoid Oculus/Facebook's products

I don't want features. I want enough angular resolution to read cockpit instruments and spot enemies in flight sims

That's great and all, but will they actually put software behind it? Will they make actual AAA games for it? Honestly, only that will sell VR. Quick little indie games are cute, but public at large will never shell out on a VR set for that. They need a big fucking hit, or several.

If this is a decent cheap vr headset then I'll probably buy it plus I got to help valve beat epic

i doubt that because I can't see them sticking around with wands forever and not moving entirely to knuckles
the wands are fucking garbage, they really are, everything from ergonomics to build quality is garbage, the headset itself is great but fuck me theres a reason I only stick to racing sims in VR now and its because the wands are not immersive in the slightest
>if it breaks you send it in for repair and it usually takes upwards of a month to get it back
>trackpad sticking, cant input down+left on my left wand and can't do up+right on the right wand, have to take them apart once a month to rectify the issue
>triggers clicking, double registering sometimes
>vibration motors clicking
the only good thing I have to say about the wands is the battery life is pretty good

I was probably gonna pick up Quest day 1, I'm jumping into VR for the first time and having tethers is a deal breaker for me. If Valve can put Vive or Rift-level performance into a tetherless headset I'm all for it.

Or the Index will be tethered but have a wireless option for an additional 300 shekels

I think it's a safe bet that it'll have as much resolution as the Vive Pro.

which hmd? quest?

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 12K)

It won't be cheap. You want a cheap VR headset that's still serviceable, get a Samsung Odyssey+

Yes Quest, it's a copy paste so I forgot to put the name

Valve will release HLVR and use it to sell their headset. We know the game is in development and it is also their VR game that is the further into development. We also know they are working on 2 other VR games, and this is confirmed by Gabe himself.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZjPN51sEftE

you can do 72hz vr with the same method psvr uses
not saying its great but it works without motion sickness

This. I was so happy when I heard that Valve laid off their VR team. The news that they haven't completely cancelled their retarded VR shit is so disappointing.

it's fucking bloomberg

Do you want blind spots and closed system? No mods? And be restricted to Oculus store games? So no small indies, no games not on Oculus store
Also they said they would filter more Quest's store so even less games

Stay mad favela nigger

Attached: sad griffin.jpg (590x512, 159K)

You are retarded and should end yourself.

in my post i am reffering to original vive wands

>no games not on Oculus store
>implying Gaben-sama walls off his garden

Talking about shitty Quest here.

Blame yourself for being braindead and believing the Yea Forums shitposting in the first place

also kys

it will be cheap

>figure out how to do competitors' things better and cheaper
>quietly make software that takes advantage of VR's real gameplay potential
>notice PC and consoles are about to hit a paradigm shift in affordable computing
>use your VR headset as a loss leader to hook the first wave of critical-mass VR adoption into the Steam ecosystem

Oh wow I didn't even think of how bad that's going to be

I want to believe

..what is it?

Valve's autoblow machine

if you don't know already you're probably not the target audience

I hope HLVR isn't playable in non-vr, what'd be the fucking point of that. You'd both have a watered-down VR game falling short of its potential, and you'd have a boring as fuck traditional FPS that was hacked together from a VR game.

And for what? Just to appease the poorfags?

This is what they did instead of updating TF2

>Valve is still trying to create hardware

Attached: 1478923993855.jpg (271x271, 13K)

Quest is NOT a good way into VR.
If you've never tried VR, go for some pcvr, like an og oculus, or an odyssey+ if you don't mind blind spots and lesser tracking in general.
Don't buy Quest.

>What the fuck kind of shit is valve up to.
Handheld gaming?

New valve vr headset.
Coming with at least one of the 3 big first party games rumored

It has it's niche applications, but literally can't replace the ease of using an analog stick--you're practically rubbing the tip of your thumb otherwise

look at the steam hardware survey. poorfags are their bread and butter

>hype for knuckles but not sure if the headset will even be an upgrade to what I have

Attached: pZ8D8rF.jpg (326x326, 8K)

Imagine thinking that Valve getting rid of their VR efforts does anything other than tickling your "people are not allowed to like things I don't" fetish

It wouldn't make HL3 happen, fag.

Also, many seem to think it's going to be shipping with HLVR, but I don't think so, it will be in direct competition with boneworks

htc pro or somethin?

What is wrong with quest?
I was looking forward to it.

What the fuck is this though

No the chinkshit

I've heard the trackpads are sub-par on the knuckles tho.
Trackpads are the best part of og vive wands imo

Boneworks is the Portal-like not the HL-like

You do realize that, with the present, early, and very niche VR market, people just buy anything that's good, right? There's no "competing", that's the good thing about selling to a niche and growing market is that if you make something good you're guaranteed sales.

Everything will be available piecemeal, $300 +/- $100 on the HMD (depends on actual specs and features which we just don't know), Knuckles are $100 per pair, Base Stations $100 each. But they also have a bundle which is the only really reasonable option, because it's less then buying them all individually to start with AND also comes with a crazy amount of free software (probably well over $100 worth by normal store price, just like with the Vive launch).

Hah yeah I haven't wanted a stick on them for years or anything

Attached: eae.jpg (720x480, 158K)

indeed

A gadget to watch 3d porn and ERP if you're one of these anime trannies.

See Also they said they will filter Quest games even more so less games in general
Go for pcvr, steamvr compatibility, indie games (some are really good and not on oculus store), and mods (so better locomotion in games using something like NaLo, more content, etc)

they actually can't
valve isn't publicly trading

>Trackpads are the best part of og vive wands imo
holy shit choke yourself

>crowbar
>shooting
>headcrabs
>environmental physics puzzles
Boneworks has a lot more in common with HL than Portal.

Its amazing to see how people on this board create their own mental gymnastics to argue that PSVR isn't a success. It outsells every PC VR headset combined, just fucking deal with the fact.

>but muh quality
The PSVR is capable of more than what the base PS4 can do, it would be pointless for it to be beefier than what it needs to be. Helps make it cheap, too.

>but muh catching dust
Nobody plays VR games exclusively. I don't use mine all the time but it's fun to play every few days. That's just how VR is, it's not here to replace traditional vidya.

>no games
PSVR has more and better exclusives than every PC VR combined. It sucks that we can't have mods or play stuff like VR Chat but that's just how things are.

Plus you can hook up PSVRs to a PC and get a passable experience, best of both worlds.

Attached: 1547606994247.jpg (2317x3001, 609K)

I would do such indecent things to Anita. They make her for SinVR yet?

youtu.be/6M2J7SGs68A
>comes with software bundle
Is it really that... time again?

Attached: 1480628290522.jpg (217x197, 8K)

I don't get it.
Trackpads are so good on vive wand, and so many games use them very well
Menus are a blessing with them, trackpad-based keyboard is 100% better than shitty stick based, and a lot more things that are juste plain better

Google Cardboard is the most used VR Headset

The vive pads do need some kinda extra texture bumps or something to help people who can't keep track of where their fingers are. The only reason you want sticks is because you've used'em so much in the past. Give someone who hasn't used either before and they'll pick the pads.

Retarded stickfags
Have you used it at least?

>PSVR has more and better exclusives than every PC VR combined.

Attached: 1349657353466.png (378x479, 370K)

Orangebox VR edition?

>Nobody plays VR games exclusively. I don't use mine all the time but it's fun to play every few days. That's just how VR is, it's not here to replace traditional vidya.

Most PSVR users don't use it at all, dust is not a meme for most people

There is a little dot where your thumb is on the wand model, and ingame it's ultra intuitive and you don't even think about it

I can't imagine all three of their "big VR games" are ready

Yes I've used it, you mong; apart from breaking on all three wands I've owned they suck for all the reasons anyone would understand just by looking at them, the tactile feedback sucks. Trying to scroll through menus in Todd's games is absolute hell.

LMAO
please stop. do everyone a favor and move to pc. sony is censoring and blocking crossplay and you will definitely not be able to get the full use of a sony vr headset, if you know what i mean buddy. just dont screw yourself over next gen.

I've had and liked my OG rift for awhile but have been thinking of upgrading, hopefully this thing turns out to be good and not have some bullshit attached to it. My only worry is that that pricing my be fucking insane especially if it comes with the knuckles like a lot are thinking. I love my VR but im not trying to spend potentially $800 or more to continue playing a few shooters, beatsaber and vrchat.

Oh it's you again
Sure you don't want to try the big pool?

Where the actual fuck is is all the shit being made with Source 2? It’s like it’s been a decade since they fucking showed it off.

Boneworks being a release title is pretty much guaranteed, I expect something like Valve's + 2 or 3 third party games.

Usually it's annoying but seeing this guy show up in this thread is just sad.

W H A T are you fucking saying
Scrolling is damn intuitive and effective, menus are god tier, even walking is ok
And stick click is so crap compared to trackpad button
You fucking bot

this announcement is pretty much confirmation of what everyone with sense and Valve-knowledge assumed; which is that the THIRTEEN staff (nowhere near their entire VR team) and unknown number of contractors dismissed were because of the completion of their mass production build-up operation. the project completed, triggering (probably long delayed) performance reviews, which found 13 employees lacking enough to dismiss. And they also had a number of explicitly temporary specialist/laborer contractors explicitly for this setup phase.

Dota 2 was ported to Source 2 years ago, and naturally Artifact is Source 2 too.

Didn't some dev confirm that was "hardware" related and not VR specifically

Trackpad is good nigger

You're reacting like the common opinion isn't that the trackpads suck baby penis. His post is not so crazy and I totally agree with it.

If you want to call that VR, sure. By the same logic, phones are the most popular gaming platform and women make up 50% of the gaming community.

Most people on this website could name one or two PSVR exclusives. That's more than can be said about PC VR.

When next gen hits and we can get better controllers and better tracking, the only VR games not on PSVR will be the Facebook/HTC funded games. No independent developers will want to make a VR game while ignoring the platform that has over 50% market share.

Microsoft has yet to show their hands though. They will no doubt dive into console VR with their next Xbox, that's about the only thing that could put up a resistance to Sony and PSVR.

I'd love to when I am able to afford a real gaming computer. Being an idort is the best solution, always. I just don't want to look away from the facts though, the VR enthusiast userbase can't just look way from PSVR and pretend it's not happening.

Attached: cute gril.jpg (700x982, 247K)

It's pretty rare that someone likes the trackpads this much
They just don't feel good for moving around with, I always end up moving at like 80% speed

Trackpad is a meme with traditionnal gaming because nobody takes advantage of it
This is why most people don't like steam controller
But in vr many devs implement it correctly, I don't want to go back to shitty sticks when trackpad navigation in vr is so good

>I'd love to when I am able to afford a real gaming computer. Being an idort is the best solution, always. I just don't want to look away from the facts though, the VR enthusiast userbase can't just look way from PSVR and pretend it's not happening.
Oh well that's fair enough, VR needs a low end option to draw in more devs
Though I can't help but feel some would be soured on VR if they only tried PSVR with how fixed it is

april fools

A lot of people teleport anyway, but yes moving is the only area where stick is better (by not much imo)
NaLo style walking is used more and more too, and the new Hybrid locomotion by Nimso Ny is probably how most people will move in vr in the future

>>comes with software bundle
>We're getting the Orange Box 2.0

Attached: 1519768809524.png (1131x811, 388K)

>Most people on this website could name one or two PSVR exclusives
No, I actually couldn't and I'm a VR user. I know there was one with some robot which kind of reminded me of Moss when I first learned about it, but that's it. I'm pretty sure Oculus' exclusives are much better known.

They've got tetris or something. It's like regular tetris but with a screen on your face.

>I-I saw some html hlvr confirmed!

Tyler, quit being a tardbucket

VR is saved.
Again.

Attached: 1551566401450.webm (480x240, 479K)

PSVR isn't THAT much worse compared to PC headsets. It's a very respectable compromise on the experience. Unlike PC players, console owners don't fret over minor performance issues.

Climbing feels so wrong in vr though

people would die over this

make it full hd and this is my new wallpaper

hlvr has been datamined in multiple other games for a long time now.
It may just be a tech demo hl themed though, like the portal knuckles demo

I see this as Index/Knuckles release title. They might even tie it in with Half-Life universe somehow.
HL3 VR is definitely not happening, at least not this year

Steam controller still felt lacking in many games. It was amazing for Hearthstone and other mouse dominant slow paced games though

If it doesn't use inside-out tracking, it's not worth waiting for on my end. I don't have room for a sensor setup, not to mention setting said sensors up is a pain in the ass if you ever want to move them anywhere else.

It won't be. Valve won't ever do that shit. They may eventually port something originally flat to VR (ie. Artifact), but they will never artificially constrain themselves in any way with a new production.

It's fun as hell.

Never understood this idea. Moving your setup isn't a common thing and wherever you move it to you're going to be moving furniture and clearing shit of the room to make space and setting your computer up again. Plugging in some base stations is the least of your work.

>PSVR isn't THAT much worse compared to PC headsets
It absolutely is that much worse. PSVR was the third headset I tried, after Cockulus DK1 and DK2. Found it unusable. Even Vive and Oculus are dated now, but not outright unpleasant like PSVR

Yes it's fun but doesn't feel quite right
But it's ok for the most part, games like Climbey are fun

I don't know about Vive setup, but I kick my Oculus sensors around almost daily, then just place them in approximate place they used to be and it works just fine

$400 is steep but I think Quest is a good starting point for me, it's got all the good 'casual' games and I can take it friends' and show them, maybe get some more people into VR.

If I'm going to plop down some good money it'll be on a wireless PCVR. I feel like buying the Vive + Wireless shit isn't worth it right now, I'm sure better headsets with built in wireless are coming next year.

If it's not going to cost 800 bucks, come require a huge ass empty room and murder my machine I might consider it.

HOLY FUCK
HALF LIFE VR
>HALF LIFE VR
>HALF LIFE VR
HALF LIFE VR
>HALF LIFE VR
HALF LIFE VR
>HALF LIFE VR
HALF LIFE VR
>HALF LIFE VR

its

fucking

happening

Attached: 1541096618547.jpg (396x385, 27K)

If you want but you'll probably regret it.
Most people complain about few vr games, and while it's mostly true there are more and more worthwhile games, and they are for the most part indie, and not on oculus store.

>Valve hardware
They're worse than Google with hardware, they'll shit something out and not even bother supporting it. Every single time. I'd give this a good year after launch just to see if they can be fucked not letting it die

Attached: videoplayback.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

It might be a demo like the knuckles demo though, don't get too hyped

>huge ass empty room
where does this meme come from. you can literally use any headset in 6x6ft area

But will I be able to use full body tracking on the new headset is the real question.

Attached: 1541815488765.jpg (750x1083, 98K)

>800 headsets
>1 (one) game
Just what everyone is waiting for, another piece of plastic.
It's like they saw what the xbone was able to do with no exclusives but decided to one-up them.

Attached: 39383_XXX_v1.png (650x650, 414K)

you already can, just buy a cheap kinect

shh i need this its all i have bros

Attached: 1533247620055.jpg (960x960, 122K)

Attached: 1550642268055.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

>those arms
What a fucking S O Y B O I

There's a drop in visual fidelity, some folks are questioning its tracking capability but the ones that have played it say the tracking is good.

It has a curated selection of games, aka no waifu fap simulators.

You have to decide if graphical quality and performance beats out price and portability. It's essentially choosing between Switch and PC.

Tripwire, the guys who made Killing Floor, could have the best VR game to date if only they'd do what the Payday guys did and competently ported their game over to VR for free. But instead, they made some shitty thing nobody asked for and charged 30 bucks for it.

VR is very interesting tech, that after a few generations will be silky smooth with their issues hammered out, like cell phones. And like cell phones, there will be zero fucking games for them.

Attached: 1553799013340.png (269x329, 39K)

what is this retarded image

fitting for a retard post

what the fuck are you even talking about. Pretty much every worthwhile VR game, indie or not, is on Oculus, store. Also fucking exclusives that Oculus spent millions for

Attached: 1553559746188.gif (429x410, 47K)

Attached: a17.gif (680x476, 63K)

Except there are games already fag.

That's a twink. Different thing. He could get this dick desu

uh huh that sure looks interesting

Attached: 8765434567.gif (267x200, 1.77M)

>Beat Saber
>
>
>
>

>Pretty much every worthwhile VR game, indie or not, is on Oculus store
oh no no

I'd wager if there was only 1 company making a VR headset, and it had all the current VR headsets marketshare to itself, it would still be too small an installbase for anything other than indie devs to make games for.
As it is now, making even more competition in a terrible niche market is a fucking awful idea.

Don't know what they're smoking but you functionally can't sell VR to people. They have to try it in person, 2d screens dont work. So you're asking for the average joe to go out of his way to be advertised to. Nobody likes PASSIVE advertising, let alone that.

Attached: vr adoption.jpg (387x175, 12K)

Full hands tracking when? I'm ok with wearing some mo-cap gloves even.

Without being able to physically adjust the screens and lenses, you are NOT going to get an adequate experience if your IPD falls outside that 64mm average.
t. 71mm huge man who hated DK2 and GearVR for no physical IPD adjustment but loves his Vive

leaked footage here
youtube.com/watch?v=usa0xCpzuxU

>Beat Saber
>VRChat
>Elite (and soon NMS)
>Any cockpit sim
>Pavlov
>Rec Room
>Skyrim with mods
>Arizona Sunshine
>Onward
>etc etc

>Beat Saber
>Blade And Sorcery
>GORN
>H3VR
>Pavlov
>Onward
>VRChat
>VTOL VR or Xplane 11 if you like flight sims
>Any of the racing sims
>Raw Data
>In Death

Ah yes I forgot H3VR, truly a great game

TECH DEMOS, ALL OF THEM

I can't point to a single piece of content that would cause millions of people to justify changing their home computing. If you took the existing VR systems and made them 80 percent cheaper, that's still not a huge market. There's still not a really incredibly compelling reason for people to spend 20 hours a day in VR. There's an old joke that premature cost reduction is the root of all evil.

Sales have been steady since the beginning. There are now more people on Steam with VR Headsets than Linux. Sure, showing people VR (like when they come to your house etc) sells headsets, but what also sells headsets is games that make people want a headset. I'm starting to see a lot of people thinking of getting a VR Headset because of Boneworks, and you can bet your ass VRChat was a trigger for a fuckton of people getting VR Headset too.

In conclusion, Valve VR is going to fail.

KYS

Half Life 3. Not even kidding.

If you actually believe this, you have fallen for the meme

after getting accustomed to the tracks pads, analogue sticks just feel bad

Vive & Rift both have the exact same model OLED samsung panel with identical refresh rates, response times and pixel densities.

I'm not even kidding when I say I'm looking forward to HLVR than any rendition of HL3 which will inevitably just be another FPS in a stagnated genre with a few features on it to try and make it unique. It'll never live up to the expectations.

hlvr in may confirmed

It's going to be a limited system.
>walled garden focus, though you will be able to sideload supposedly
>no access to PC VR library, when there aren't enough VR games anyway
>no access to cool mods and shit like that (Doom series VR, Quake VR and such)
>phone hardware, so very, very slow compared to PC
>shitty audio
>battery which isn't user replaceable
>only 72Hz when 90Hz is standard and more wouldn't hurt
>not the greatest tracking (inside-out camera based, won't track if controller is out of sight)
There's basically no advantage to the thing except the lack of a cable. That's it. Everything else as it pertains to actually playing VR games is much worse. I feel like it's nothing but a grab at the normalfag market aiming for simplicity, anyone with any technical competence and genuine interest in VR would be much better served with any PC VR headset.

HL is so praised because it was a revolution.
If they can at least somewhat redefine VR games with HLVR then it will be praised too

They have the same reasolution but not the same pixel density. Vive gives you more FOV but less visual acuity.

no one:
valve: let's make a vr headset

The knuckle controllers are about as close as we have to that.

>actually posting a shit-tier normie twitter meme while spouting dumb shit at the same time
It must have been a sad day when you slithered out of the abortion bucket

>ITS HAPPENING
>May
Nigger its March.

Attached: 1460166546301.jpg (413x449, 50K)

>unironically shilling VR trash

Attached: 7ad.png (524x534, 270K)

we've had it forever through leapmotion. it's not good for gaming with. knuckles+index will be 'hand presence'.

Literally nobody wanted a VR set from Valve. Nobody.

Once again, Valve has failed.

>making dumb posts
>people enjoying things is shilling

Attached: Gt+tfw+5+am+and+i+actually+talk+to+girls+and+_dfb4f678bcf0c993c9b98f1e23a2b6c7.jpg (500x540, 141K)

>Literally nobody wanted a VR set from Valve. Nobody.

>This is what non-VRlets actually believe

How can you be this out of touch, holy shit. Try going outside your little bubble once in a while.

Attached: gordon thunk.jpg (620x413, 36K)

I do.

Attached: 20180430164117_1_vr.jpg (1950x975, 277K)

Why would I need VR when I can do everything it offers in real life?
Just go outside and climb a rock

do you play old games in VR though? I know you can take windows and just have them appear in VR but I wonder if it really ads anything looking at "flat" games in VR.

Jump off a cliff in real life

You are going to go blind with that stuff strapped on you heard.

Fucking this. Seamless hand tracking is dumb and only useful when you want to finger another weeb on VRchat.
In normal games, you need a controller - something to grip, something to feel in your hand when you're holding a vr sword or a gun

/thread
Valve need to fuck off with their desperation to subvert our expectations. Literally the only reason why they haven't made games is because they're expected to make games, and nothing but games.

t. the inside of your hairy asshole

VR headset lenses focus on infinity so they actually strain your eyes less than a normal 2D monitor. Do your fucking research

and it may get canned last minute

>/thread

Attached: DscslnEXoAAquX3.png (461x467, 88K)

>456453285
Are you new? Yea Forums has shitted on VR for years and with the Epic scandal there's a sudden increase of pcbros. This whole thread scream shill and advertisers. No (You) for you.

Yea... I'm calling bullshit on that one.

Attached: 1227035630198.gif (179x208, 33K)

>>no motion controllers bundled, use current wands or wait for knuckles
What if I fell for the oculus meme?

>gif
damn is this an original from the oldfag folder?

They need it to sell a new headset. They won't can it.

But you can guarantee that half the people going "I won't play a new VR game if I have to buy a VR headset for it" will be making maths on their bank account as soon as the first trailer for it comes out.

People who are into VR are usually fat slobs, they can't do these things in real life.

You got a fucking problem with my gifs zoomer?

>your first real threat ever is knocking at your door and stealing your market share
>LOL BETTER START YET ANOTHER HARDWARE PROJECT THAT WILL FAIL!

this fucking company man. what the fuck are they doing? their last game was a critical failure. their hardware shit before that was a failure. steamos was a MASSIVE failure. all they can even do "right" is milk dipshits of money selling lootboxes and convincing them a rainbow colored knife in csgo is worth thousands of dollars.

If your hmd is correctly seated on your fat face and your IPD is set like it should there is really minimal strain on your eyes.
I had a badly configured IPD and I couldn't play more than 10mins, I thought this was what vr does to your eyes, but it was just not set properly.

You see this shit? This is the power of Playstation. The company that has become synonymous with video games. This is how much promotional power they can muster for ONE GAME.

One year from now, every major open space in the western world will be plastered with advertisement for the Playstation 5. The entire world will be forced to be made aware of Gen 9 consoles coming and, right next to this they will plaster PSVR everywhere along with it.

This promotional power and brand recognition will seal the beginning of mainstream VR. Sony will put out a Model 3 PSVR that's on par with current VR headsets and bundle it together with their new system. Every single normie will want to try it out.

Facebook is a company that everyone hates and they themselves don't want to fully commit to VR. HTC are literal whos. Vive has forgotten how to make games. There's nobody to stop them, except maybe Microsoft.

State of Play was a declaration. PSVR is in the center of Sony's plans and they will not drop it. PSVR ads have been showing up more and more everywhere. It's an experiment and it went well. Next up, they will put the entire weight of their influence behind it, just like Nintendo did with Motion Controls.

Attached: SpiderMan_Hype_Train-Crop.jpg (2123x1328, 406K)

>Yea Forums has shitted on VR for years
Read: poorfags on Yea Forums have shitted on VR for years. Not a hivemind etc

Attached: 1519673579554.png (1920x1080, 631K)

i actually managed to make thief pretty playable on a controller using this. i actually had it set up to where it would always hold down shift unless i push the joystick all the way in, it was pretty cool.

>thinking csgo or dota makes any money compared to steam itself
pure stupidity

>Why would I need VR when I can do everything it offers in real life?
>Why would I need racing games when I can drive IRL
>Why would I need FPSs if I can enlist and go to war IRL

valve's vive and this are the best vr headsets with the widest support for games
you would have to be a retard to get anything else or a poor nigger to get the psvr one

So what makes this iteration of VR better than the previous ones?

>456454346
>animeposter
I bet that you're one of these VR chat trannies

Is the VR mode for DiRt rally 2 out yet?

shame that proton is so shitty if you don't have vulkan capable hardware

it can't even run deus ex properly unless you set it to use the opengl renderer and that renderer has gamma issues

Nobody knows for now

who the fuck are you replying to lol

There's no news beyond the release date yet.

I shot myself in the face on a friend's Vive. Let's hope he does the same IRL.

I have to say, as a Vive owner who has tried the OG Rift too, I'd go with the Rift if you wanna buy one of the OG headsets.

But with the Rift S, I very much doubt Oculus knows their shit anymore. I trust Gaben.

Probably a retarded phoneposter

*cracks can* *sip*
nope, as a boomer myself I just remember a lot of OC pixel-art memes of the time being saved in gif, probably to eliminate artifacting from compression.

Attached: 1500001838226.jpg (550x504, 28K)

I mean, while I could probably arrange a way to get in a firefight with other people with an assault rifle, I don't think I can do that experience twice.

A lot of things done in VR are too dangerous for any sane human to do in real life.

Steam recognizes PSVR.

I hope they save VR, I really do. It has so much potential.

The leaks show lenses suited for 130~140 degree fov
Higher resolution than original vive is pretty much a given
Will likely ship with knuckles
Not manufactured by HTC
All this while really being the only new consumer headset to use steamvr tracking apart from pimax chinkshit

>steam itself
>the thing that market share is being stolen from currently

if they don't stop fingering their own asshole and start COMPETING with others they aren't going to have steam money to keep them afloat forever.

If steam were to get fucked they would literally just put more devs on csgo and dota and push more frequent updates with cosmetics
i hope that happens

>1min interval
>replying to yourself
Here's your (You), trannyboy

Attached: 1524326703343.png (589x323, 14K)

But will it work with stadia

>Not manufactured by HTC
is this good?

Are you gonna say I edited this image in under the 20s it took me to reply, too? i.imgur.com/BukDgcm.png

Yes, HTC is a trash company, and HTC support is fucking atrocious

Hell fucking yeah it's good. HTC was cucking the Vive in a bunch of ways.

question for VR fags:
I tried the occulus go and despite what my friend said it was a screen door fest, and not a subtle one either. every VR I have tried was screen door out the fucking ass. I looked up the actual screens later and iirc they were the same as the expensive models like the rift and vive.
when will I be able to use VR without giant pixels staring me in the face? can these new models offer that? at the time I thought it needed at least a 2x increase in resolution if not 4x. am I just never going to be able to use VR without my video autism being triggered?

Attached: 1511596144839.jpg (803x790, 84K)

HL3 will be whatever-this-is-exclusive and will be announced at the same time, mark my words

Attached: 1534797267288.png (807x86, 6K)

ETS 2 and X-Plane 10 friendo

Is this image suggesting you become a stepdad or fuck one?

>replying with imgur link instead of just uploading with your post
>not using a dark theme

Attached: caefd99b864db46e72c60243fc052abeef419d7aecf363baa0fb8f3523994b4a.gif (500x419, 177K)

PCVR fags are gonna be so booty bothered when this things sales leave PCVR in the dust.

Attached: quest.jpg (1000x563, 31K)

Congratulations, you have autism

>redditur link
I'm not clicking this shit.

You will have some form of sde on every headset, stop focusing on it, ingame you don't notice it
What you do notice however is resolution when you try to read small text or see something in the distance, but it's usable enough for me.
Just play man

It takes me less than 5 seconds to ctrl+shift+4 to take a screenshot and it getting automatically uploaded. If I were to do what you're saying I'd have to manually crop the image and save it locally, then upload it here. That's a pain in the ass and just takes more time. (I use ShareX)

Stop with this crap.
Stop.

The newest headsets keep reducing it. I own a Rift and if the game is designed for it (E:D is an example that isn't designed correctly), it isn't an issue.

I don't consider it part of the same market and I really don't care at all what happens to this thing.

Attached: 1552192232521.png (1000x1019, 1.38M)

The only people that are going to be left in the dust by these things are grannies puking the last bit of their soul away from the 80hz refresh rate and terrible graphics

I use ShareX too, and I just tap pic related and upload it as I type

Attached: chrome_2019-03-29_20-35-14.png (501x345, 13K)

We don't know. It's like you are asking when are we all gonna be able to run games on 4K stable on bigger monitors. The tech isn't there yet, but it will inevitably get there. It gets better with every new iteration though. Maybe the headset talked about in this thread will be the one that takes it down to acceptable levels for you, or maybe it's another one in 5 years from now. Who knows.

If screen door is your problem, you will want to try out a PSVR. It has the lowest resolution but the screen type is different.

vrheads.com/playstation-vr-why-theres-no-screen-door-effect

Also elite is way slower, so you notice it

What’s the best vr for porn?

Anything really
But porn games>360 porn

HP Reverb is rocking 2160x2160px per eye
That comes with a cost thourh, minimal requirements are 1080/2070

Attached: hp_reverb_vr_headset_1.0[1].jpg (1200x800, 70K)

>those controllers
What the fuck are they doing? The controllers on the Oculus were already fucking miles ahead of the salad tongs on the Vive, why'd they have to go ruin them?

Most Quest games are available on Rift too, with crossplay. They aren't completing against each other, it's just different branch of same platform

There are the same fucking controllers retard, they just have the tracking ring on top.

>I just tap pic related
I am a bit confused desu, I have no idea what you're talking about