STYLE OVER SUBSTANCE

By 2030 vidya will be just a powerpoint slideshow of pretty artsy pictures and serene synthetic orchestra music.

M-maybe they'll let you shoot stuff with a somewhat-futuristic-but-not-quite rifle.
Maybe.
But I can't promise that.

Games with defocused gameplay is a lot like music with only percussion. Or jazz.
Or a movie that is 2 hours of a guy reading a script to you.
Or abstract art.
To put it simply: garbage.
None of these games use the medium to their advantage. Most of them are barely interactive.

Attached: games as art.png (490x533, 483K)

>mfw this weak bait thread gets 300+ replies
>mfw I have no face

>mfw i must scream

FPBP
Get fucked OP.

I doubt you've even played half of these games. Post a screencap of them on your steam/battlenet/whatever profile if you can prove me wrong.
(protip: you can't).

>Reddit posting

>Muh STYLE OVER SUBSTANCE
Style is substance

post bait memes

Attached: fuck your stupid bait.jpg (625x626, 91K)

So you're saying you enjoyed Life is Strange for its gameplay?

Attached: 47495E16-0D37-4527-9FF8-8D53C550F2C6.jpg (500x403, 20K)

It's because game industry has a problem with trying to copy other things like films or art pieces to seem more "mature". They do this instead of delving into defining games as their own medium with what makes them truly unique. The interactivity.

(Its also why game "journalists" constantly write about politics, and enjoy artsy movie games so much,they want to seem more mature and feel like they're making some kind of impact or difference. Almost like they're embarrassed of games and wish they could do something else.)

I agree with the other ones, but Cuphead and Hollow Knight have nothing to do in that pic.
I also disagree with putting VNs and JRPGs into the equation, though I suppose they're more like movies/cartoons with interactive elements than videogames with cinematic elements

Oh yeah, also Overwatch is as gamey as it gets, it's pure gameplay for as shallow and shit it could be

Most of those are games though? What criteria needs to be filled for it to be classified as vidya?

>im-fucking-plying that hollow knight isn't a perfectly good game and deserves to be anywhere near associated with this garbage

>I like it

>style over substance
>doesn't list a SINGLE FUCKING LOOTER SHOOTER

>reee someone gave a legitimate criticism to something that I like

Attached: ec175e2196f3675af0c1d8debee9ff19a20ab6516953969f896f87014c80626b.png (800x1664, 1.41M)

Not him, but I too am 100% sure OP hasn't actually played Hollow Knight.
Claiming it is a 'style over substance' game, invalidates his opinions on vidya. He should find more of his opinions, lubricate them a bit. Then gently roll over on his side, and put them deep in his vagina. Safe from the rest of the world.

he's baiting, put some shti games in the last and a few great ones.

bait

>Legitimate

I'm sure on some planet your style of arguing is impressive, but your weak link is: this is earth

If anything the style is a compromise, keeping things simple-ish to make it feasible for a small team to create a game of that size together. I'm more surprised than anything that there aren't more reused assets in the game.

Who the fuck plays Life is Strange for the gameplay?

could have picked some better examples but most of those are true and I agree with you