When we launched Artifact, we expected it would be the beginning of a long journey...

>When we launched Artifact, we expected it would be the beginning of a long journey, that it would lay the foundation for years to come. Our plan was to immediately dive into our normal strategy of shipping a series of updates driven by the dialogue community members were having with each other and with us.

>Obviously, things didn't turn out how we hoped. Artifact represents the largest discrepancy between our expectations for how one of our games would be received and the actual outcome. But we don't think that players misunderstand our game, or that they're playing it wrong. Artifact now represents an opportunity for us to improve our craft and use that knowledge to build better games.

>Since launch, we've been looking carefully at how players interact with the game as well as gathering feedback. It has become clear that there are deep-rooted issues with the game and that our original update strategy of releasing new features and cards would be insufficient to address them. Instead, we believe the correct course of action is to take larger steps, to re-examine the decisions we've made along the way regarding game design, the economy, the social experience of playing, and more.

>So what does this mean? Moving forward, we'll be heads-down focusing on addressing these larger issues instead of shipping updates. While we expect this process of experimentation and development to take a significant amount of time, we’re excited to tackle this challenge and will get back to you as soon as we are ready.

WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Attached: z9w_YpHG_400x400.jpg (400x400, 19K)

are card games dead?

It's nice to see that they acknowledged that they fucked up.

actually I can't tell whether they're being respectful to players who wonder about Artifact future or they are telling them to go fuck themselves

either way the game is officialy confirmed to be dead. press S

Artifact 2.0 A Realm Reborn

Which will also bomb because DCGs are dead

Nope, it's just valve trying a new method to stealing money from fucktards. Fortunately they jewed it too much to fish up them.

They should just abandon this shit. No one asked for this really. Focus on better games. THEY AREN'T going to revive this shit.

>So what does this mean? Moving forward, we'll be heads-down focusing on addressing these larger issues instead of shipping updates. While we expect this process of experimentation and development to take a significant amount of time, we’re excited to tackle this challenge and will get back to you as soon as we are ready.
YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS ABANDON THAT PIECE OF SHIT ALREADY AND MAKE AN UPDATE FOR TF2
YOU LITERALLY, LITERALLY HAVE THOUSANDS OF MAPS AND ITEMS AND BALANCE MODS ALREADY COMPLETED FOR YOU TO SHIP. JUST FUCKING DO IT YOU WORTHLESS FUCKING CORPORATION

Attached: Untitled.png (719x325, 167K)

Make the inevitable TF2 Battle Royale already

Nobody fucking asked a card game. What were they thinking?

When was this posted?

>use that knowledge to build better games.
As if they were going to do anything.
This game is for none. Pcbros hate it, ccgfags are either too invested into Hearthstone or hate the monetization model, DotAfags don't give a shit about it, and the cucks farming the marketplace stopped giving a shit because none else was playing. Pitiful attempt to surf on the trend set by Hearthstone.

Attached: 1526742778956.jpg (2048x2048, 460K)

Riding the card game hype and be a rival to hearstone .But it costed 20 buck and another 300 to get all the card with no quest and no way to gring card it was a ludacris idea.

>4 paragraphs of nonsensical bullshit

Can someone explain what are they saying?

Attached: 1547259361654.jpg (560x560, 349K)

all the cards in artifact cost only $40 on the steam marketplace

"We didn't make enough money so don't expect new cards lol"

Is F2P coming?

It would a first step. These greedy fucks will make plenty of people buying packs, no need to make people pay for the base package maybe they're getting that part now.

Icefraud got fucking lucky ripping off Blizzard's WC3, there's not a single ounce of creativity behind this project.
Bringing in that cuck Michael Garfield was supposed to be their trump card but nothing could mask the fact this game was purely for stealing money from the "players".
To these fuck heads the community is nothing but dollar signs.

Like an hour ago.

How did they not see this coming? People said it would fail (and give reasons) before it even came out

Meanwhile I just wanted Artifact on mobile

>a series of updates driven by the dialogue community members were having with each other and with us.
kek
Theyre in this shit specifically because they didnt give a shit about the "community"
They focused on e-celebrities getting first dibs on the game rather than having a fair and open beta from the start and allowing everyone's input

Cant believe the "Wait for artifact reborn" shitposting was legit

L-LONG HAUL?

>auto chess added as official game mode in artifact
>game goes f2p
>All cards are free
>Only thing that cost money is cosmetics for cards
>Rng removed
>TF2 and half life cards introduced
Soon

Valve is out of touch desu
Steam money corrupted them hard

217 is actually a good number for a card game

Wow, it's almost like beta testers kept telling you the game had deeper rooted issues. But nope, Sunsfan and the other streamer sycophants said there weren't any so it's fine.

Just make a new shooter for fucks sake

One more "big" update hoping that millions of players will suddenly feel to urge to play the game. Complete lack of support (if you consider that any valve's game has any kind of support) two weeks after that.

theyre finally confirming that instead of minor updates to fix the game over time and regain players theyre going to let it die while they rework the game completely.
Essentially the game as it is now is confirmed dead and you have to wait for Artifact: Reborn. It'll be interesting to see what happens when that'll come out as a lot of people that bought the game are pissed at valve over the past couple months of absolute radio silence. IF the update comes out of course. They already fired 3 people working on it. I dint see it actually happening. They'll forget and get side tracked due to Valves structure and some half assed shit will be pushed out in a year.

>Mods deleted the other thread

I hope it crashes and burns after whatever update they are making.

>Their all time peak doesnt even get to TF2's daily playerbase

and yet they ain't spending any time in TF2 anymore. we are probably not even getting the heavy update or the removal of that shitty ass matchmaking.

Attached: 12292182704aaf2dd1c8643068f804a04ef5e7bb.png (1200x1800, 1.58M)

>reddit already went back to sucking valves dick
I dont know why i expected anything else desu

>official twitter is totally dead
>they even fired the third worlder managing the account

Attached: 1271724094028.png (166x166, 14K)

Attached: 1553883412385.jpg (618x455, 62K)

you think Valve fucking cares about TF2? there's like 5 devs, no one else will touch the damn game

>reddit
Meaningless since the subforum probably has more users than active players

>>reddit
>Meaningless
Its valves #1 spot for "community" input
The way they see it is how valve will see it

Seriously, how did they manage to believe that people would pay 20 bucks for the privilege of wasting even more money on virtual cards?

>those first day when valvecucks where talking about making money on cards, twitch numbers being meaningless, sunsfans and other 'celebrities' support, how the player extreme decline (after a couple of days!) was just because lack of marketing... so beautiful.

Attached: D2k7GarXcAArkRe.jpg (584x1200, 111K)

perfect time for cdpr to release gwent on steam and leech all of the players and save gwent...
but we all know they are not gonna do that... fucking idiots

OH NO NO NO NO

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING STEAMCHADS

friendly reminder that ironic shitposting is still shitposting

why won't they... use their billions of dollars... and hire somebody?
why does valve have only 360 employees while Blizzard has 4000+ and CDPR has ~600

I will say it's good if they suck valve's dick and valve actually believe them. They will crash harder against reality.

>valve makes half life, portal, and team fortress
>all 3 of these IPs are wildly popular and millions of people want sequels/updates to these games
>they decide to make a fucking moba
>then a fucking digital card game based on that moba

I get that they have this whole "let the devs make what they want to make" structure...but how the fuck does literally nobody at valve want to make half life 3, or portal 3, or team fortress 3? Has any company ever declined so far? They where the literal face of pc gaming for a fucking decade..what even happened? It can't even be greed, any one of those sequels would make literal tons of cash. I just don't fucking get it.

>360
No way fucking way... I mean, what are they doing these days?

Remember Blizzcon? Remember how after it ended, Blizzard said that "most of their devs have switched from playing on PC/console to spending many, many hours playing on their phones"?
Valve "devs" hate video games

they should release it on the EPIC store

This is because of vr. Apparently there's 60 ppl at valve working on a vr game

Gwent is fucking dead and releasing it on other platforms won't save it.
The game was just as stupid as Artifact to begin with.

OH NO NO NO NO LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS PEAK

Attached: J U S T.png (742x1692, 488K)

Gwent's problem is that it isn't fucking fun to have a limited deck and getting new cards is ass/expensive.

Garfield is a hack, I've been saying that forever
he made 2 good games and 100 shit ones

>Valves triumphant return to game development
>It's a fucking card game

Nobody wanted this. You can't fix something that everyone was offended by when it was revealed.

>they decide to make a fucking moba
They didn't just decide to make a moba. They hire the devs to make it and that's it. After Steam became big enough, they realize that "making games" (buying small studios) was not necessary anymore.

Put yourself in their position. You have an huge and stable income doing absolutely nothing with minimum maintenance. Will you work again? They don't care about games but, at the same time, they naturally want more profit, and that's why they invest in shit like steam controller, steam machine and virtual reality or promote consumer friendly ideas like paid mods and cosmetics. They will never make a big game again.

>sunsfans and other 'celebrities' support
Tbqh the best thing to come out of this shitshow was the full retard casting tournaments.
The highlight of Artifact esports to me was Slacks spilling cola over himself halfway through the cast and then talking about it more than the actual match.

>getting new cards is expensive
It's the cheapest f2p shit on the market.

VALVE DRONES ABSOLUTELY BTFO

Hail to the king, baby

Attached: epic dawn of war.jpg (746x1040, 154K)

Closed beta/early open beta was the best digital cardgame to exist.
Then they started balancing it based on reddit feedback.

>they will never make a big game again

I wonder if they would just sell the rights to some of their IPs so somebody could. I wouldn't mind a half life or portal game developed by like Respawn or Bungie or something.

No way. At best they will hire or buy a small studio to do it. Which can be good since valve doesnt have the talent to make games anymore.

I bought it, regretted it, sold all my cards and made 10 bucks profit. Wasn't so bad in the end.

does ANYONE actually like this insufferable fuck?
god he ruins everything he's shoehorned into

Attached: faggot.jpg (600x400, 23K)

I feel sad for Slacks still trying to make artifact a thing. Loregasm and regular DOTA 2 casting is his best asset.

I like his loregasm videos even if they do stretch sometimes to make an entertaining thought. Him and Bulldog casting/playing together is also great.

Also what kills Artifact is that as a card game it is frustrating. Random initial spawns of heroes and creeps, random attack directions you cannot control (Which have lost me games when I tried it out) and certain decks are too powerful (Cough, blue decks, cough). Not to mention armour is a stupid effect due to the fact you could just get more health and do the same thing.

i hate this balding fatfuck cuck. he was one of the signs that shitheap of game was dying desu. fucking reddit queers ruining dota 2

tldr: we've failed to milk retards with our newest endeavor :'(
they'll probably hatch up another money making scheme like they did with loot boxes in cs go

Attached: 1507621396452.jpg (1920x1040, 581K)

Hey user, want to get mad?
Check the development videos of artifact, where they talk about matchmaking.
>They decided to not add proper matchmaking ladder and ranking to artifact, with the objective of emulating the old community feels from old card shops.
>Even though artifact is 1 on 1, with no significant interaction between players, and where there actual tiers of decks that greatly affect how enjoyable is the match
>Meanwhile, a game like TF2, that grown on community servers with dozens of regulars that were a community, where people usually drop in and off at a moments notice, and individual skill usually gets mitigated by team size, gets matchmaking shoved up its ass, and they wont take it away.

>muh tf2
The game is over a decade old give it a rest
t. silver medal owner.

>It has become clear that there are deep-rooted issues with the game and that our original update strategy of releasing new features and cards would be insufficient to address them.
Thats the key sentence
TL;DR: Game is fucked on a fundamental level. Just adding some new cards wont fix it. We are reworking the entire game from the ground up. It will take 1-3 years.

It still baffles me that people think Valve fans agree with Valve.
Like holy shit, I own the grand majority of Valve titles for pc (including artifact and ricochet) and I can't fucking tolerate the way they've been acting these past 5 years.

Most valve fans are quite desperate because the games they love so dearly are being held back by their bullshit office policies and stupid shit like that.
At this point it's almost impressive how hard they're failing.

Protip, I support the Epic Game Store purely because I hope it will get Valve to actually get their heads out of their asses and actually become productive again.

Name a better class based shooter that's currently on the market. The only reason TF2 has 40,000 players is because nothing better exists
>inb4 Over"watch your ulti bar then press a button for some free kills"

Why make games when you can make money off of other games?

Icefrog was more of a marketing tool than a good designer.
Dota 2 succeeded because LoL was too brain dead and HoN played its cards very poorly, opening space for a big name competitor to show up, backed up by Valve's and Icefrog's names (for marketing purposes)

They tried again with Artifact, this time using Garfield's name, but this time the market wasnt so easy to get into as it was for Dota 2. And Valve committed even more screw ups than HoN did.

Im sure most of those are administrative work to keep steam running, not devs.
And most devs are on vanity projects, most of which fail.

>bro just stop caring about the best fps game ever made that also still has shittons of players
okay senpai

>Icefrog was more of a marketing tool than a good designer
COPE harder Riot dev

found your steam avatar

Attached: file.png (474x474, 326K)

literally just go play yugioh, game is alive and well and you can do amazingly broken and cancerous shit.
summon sorc need to go to prison

Attached: 1549925503130.png (826x1200, 443K)

>We at Valve are so fucking rich we had no idea that the average gamer would be turned off by required DLC purchases within a $20 game.
>Obviously you are just too poor to appreciate the genius we have created.
>Since launch we have thought long and hard about other ways to further monetize Artifact.
>So what does this mean? F2P!

Attached: 348623863864876545.jpg (846x500, 41K)

pretty much.
League is a shit game and HoN self-destructed

LoL has always been and always will be shit.
I dropped assfaggots after HoN because Source Engine sucks for Dota 2.
I still remember the day Valve announced the first international, every single HoN Pro went from "the game is currently a bit unbalanced but still good" to "oh the game is implayable now, i will be a Dota 2 pro now", without having the guts to admit the real reason they went to dota was the money.

>Icefrog was more of a marketing tool than a good designer.
Dota is a game design masterpiece

Attached: pablo.png (154x186, 67K)

They went to dota 2 because everyone knew HoN was gonna die if dota 2 was even remotely like dota.

>make a cardgame nobody cares about
>charge money to even own it
>charge for booster packs on the game you charged players to play
>surprised that the community doesn't give a shit

I wish Valve had the mental capacity to at least count to 3.

Attached: 1329339860713.gif (352x290, 1.99M)

It's not hard to fix artifact

It has to be different from other games, they need like a subscription fee that gives you all of the cards in the game that they release

Money grabbing aside the game is just shit to play. I understand its a card game and RNG is an unavoidable factor but jesus christ, its just not fun to have over half of the events in a game be dependent on it. Creeps go to random lanes, everyones targets are determined by rng, tons of cards have major, game ending effects tied to coin flips (that green field card stands out in particular) its absurd. No one wants to play a game like that.

And icefrog didnt do Dota AS alone. Dota 2 launch patch was basically a 1:1 port of a game multiple people worked on, in a worse engine.

Then like 80% of every subsequent patch after release only made Dota2 shittier.

Exactly. I don't want to put down my Axe or Abbadon into a lane to only realize that they are only blocking the creep and not the insanely buffed Sorla Khan, nor do I want to put my Ogre Magi in a lane with another friendly hero only to have the enemy Legion Commander be directly in front of him.

The way I would fix it is that you can choose placement and attack direction of hero cards while creeps work in a similar aggro fashion as DOTA (If a nearby hero is under attack, the creeps will attack them, if not they just attack forward). A little bit of control is nice honestly. It's why I enjoy black and red decks, most of their cards are straightforward and do exactly as they say.

Better than Guisnoo DOTA that's for sure.

bring back 27 spell invoker

Bring back gambler.

bring back Silencer's silencing auto attacks

The retards at valve were too high from huffing their own farts to realise they could’ve predicted all of this by looking at the crowds reaction when they announced this garbage. No one wants a dota card game.

Bring back GoD and his 60 second sleep.

found yours

Attached: 23.png (77x77, 15K)

>bro just stop caring
Honestly? I don't understand how you still care. Don't you get bored of playing the same game for years on end? I loved TF2 but eventually I moved on.

Literally make the game free to play and people will play it, nobody wants to pay 20 bucks as entry fee for a card game they might not like

This
It's literally even cheaper to buy into a physical fucking TCG

>that green field card stands out in particular
Talking about Cheating Death, the balancing in the game was a joke. A EA's battlefront 2 tier joke.
>There is hard evidence that they made some rare cards OP to inflate the value (Drow ranger, which was a top tier card, was originally designed to be Uncommon instead of rare. When they discovered she was OP in the beta, instead of nerfing her, they increased her rarity to Rare)
>Valve promised to never ever nerf or buff cards to "keep the market economy healthy"
>Obviously they wanted expensive OP cards to be traded in the thousands, so they could get the 15% cut on each sale.
>2 weeks after the release, when the playerbase plummeted, they started nerfing and buffing cards, pleading for people to come back (as obviously no one was buying / selling shit)

>I loved TF2 but eventually I moved on
contradiction

What kind of retarded logic is this

So if you really like a game you have to keep playing it forever? Please elaborate.

That's not even remotely true. Have you ever played a digital card game in your life?

So they are wasting employees on this shit? For which purpose?

>by the dialogue community members were having with each other and with us.
What fucking community? Nobody's playing this game anymore.

a community of 20 people is still a community user

I'm still of the belief that Artifact was never meant to be a game for the players, but rather an experiment in weaponizing the Steam marketplace.

>Add no chat
>Guys why does the social aspect of this game suck?

Why does every card game copy fucking hearthstone just let me talk to the other guy Jesus Christ.

No toxic communication if you can't communicate!

That’s not the real problem with artifact. A lot of people bought into it, the problem is the game has

>Lots of RNG
>Cards that aren’t satisfying to use

I can’t even think of any real “boss” cards that you can build a deck around. Maybe Revtel Convoy. But your heroes shouldn’t be the boss monsters it’s stupid.

It's more likely that Valve will listen to reddit than these guys anyway.

Same, I think it was just Valve pushing their luck and seeing how much they could get away with knowing it wouldn't be a big loss if it failed since they make ten times what it cost to develop daily from people buying and selling trading cards and gem sacks

Doesn't stop the chatwheel spam they have. Also you can type stuff, it's just very limiting and fucking hidden away.

reddit is the community you stupid retard

>represents an opportunity for us to improve our craft and use that knowledge to build better games
if they didn't realize double, no triple, dipping with the pay model the first time around, I have doubts they will learn in the future

NO. ONE. WANTS. THIS.

Valve fucking knew, they fucking KNEW reception was bad, we've all seen the video. But they're so fucking full of themselves with galaxy sized egos they thought it was do amazing anyway. This shit has failed, it's a dumpster fire, turn away from it. Give me my fucking L4D3 dammit.

Attached: 20160315041651859.png (429x690, 640K)

sometimes i imagine a depressed gabe scrolling through a thread like this where he gets universal hate, then switching his monitor off and starring at the screen with memories of Yea Forums celebrating him when the orange box just got relesased, as savior of pc gaming or just by being cheered on for the steam sales

the scene closes as he slowly walks out of the room into another room full of shining gold pieces and bundles of money

TF3 wouldn't work long term imo but if they did a complete tf2 overhaul and made everything shiny and new a fuck load of people would come back to it.

Artifact could be fixed, but a few core issues have to be solved first:

First and foremost, the sluggishness of turns needs to be looked at. The coin system is only good on paper, in practice, players stare at the screen and don't realize it's their turn. Even worse, when one player has nothing to do, they're forced to pretty much constantly pass the coin back for no reason, leading to more sluggishness. Also, unlike a simple player 1's turn, player 2's turn system, you don't really have any time to plan your next move, which adds even more delay as you have to reevaluate the game state after every action. I'm not saying the coin turn order system can't work, but that issue needs to be addressed before anything else.

Second, the randomness of attacks needs to be looked at. Currently, you can't really plan what your creeps and heroes will do, because their targets are chosen at random. I think one of the ways to fix this would've been to have a group melee combat between all sides (As in, all units deal damage to opposing units before the tower takes damage at all), and introduce a stronger siege (MTG: trample) mechanic to add chip damage to the tower. Perhaps even spawn a siege creep every other wave that completely ignores other creeps and deals damage specifically to the tower to ensure the game can't simply be tarpitted down by mass creeps.

Third, the shop has to be looked at. Having the choice between one expensive item, one random item from your deck, and one random consumable adds far too much randomness to the game in determining what you can get. You can't rely on getting your cheap items out first no matter how many you have in relation to your expensive stuff, so it's not uncommon to not buy anything the first three or four turns of the game because of it. Consumables are the same way, sometimes, you really need a town portal and can't get it, sometimes healing, and sometimes you have trash show up every turn.

>We fucked up
>We won't be coming out with any updates any time soon

What the fuck is Valve smoking over there? Do they still not get the message what the people want?

you're ugly

Attached: 1536831458229.jpg (1920x1080, 148K)

One of the things that always bothered me about YGO were the separate banlists

Whats the fucking point?

I disagree on the point of the coin flipping, as it allows for some cool counterplay and it's not necessarily terrible for the game to be a bit slower because of it. However, I totally agree that the randomness of the game is a giant pain in the ass that contributes nothing to the game. Losing because you lost a coin flip is the worst feeling in the world.

He can be over the top, but he's genuinely passionate which is nice to see. A lot better than just grabbing some random sellout to promote your shit.

>we've all seen the video.
what video? please dont say the crowd reaction to artifact reveal, that would make you look retarded

>While we expect this process of experimentation and development to take a significant amount of time
and knowing valve this means it'll take 5x how long this would mean for any other company
game will be 100% dead long before they ship any major update

How does that make me look retarded? Is there any source of positive reception anywhere? I genuinely want to see that.

reddit swallowed valve's cum the day artifact released

Your game is gonna be dead before then Valve. The only people who got this game was only there to bank on cards. Give more attention to your other games and drop this shit

>tyler still whimpering about how much he liked the game
>it was good, guys, really!!!

Attached: assdamaged.jpg (400x516, 26K)

Is there a link to this anywhere? I can't seem to find an actual page with these words on it.

Attached: cursorthink.png (128x128, 11K)

The card pool in Japan and the west is different (OCG is 2(?) sets ahead) so it makes sense to separate what is and isn't banned.

In case you don't mean the 0/1/2 thing, banning cards to 0, 1 or 2 has a reason..
For instance there's cards like Destiny Hero Malicious, Reborn Tengu and Zoodiac Ratpier which interact with copies of theselves, so banning them to 2 instead of 3 copies makes a huge difference.
Banning things to 1 is mainly to stifle consistency. An example of this would Speedroid Terrortop in the OCG- You only need one, but you can't search it, so you have to hard draw it in your opening hand. This makes the card significantly weaker.
Banning cards to 0 should be obvious. It's cards being really, really, really good. Auto-includes that are so powerful that once upon a time all decks used to consist 20-25 limited (now banned) cards.

All of the different ban lists make a lot of sense, if you actually think about the game.

And then never again so how's that a fair point?

Yeah I also feel like the excessive randomness made it so most of the deck building boiled down to taking the strongest cards overall rather than anything favoring an overarching strategy.

God I love seeing (((Valve))) get fucking rekt. Fuck them and their money grubbing jew paws

Attached: valve.jpg (2311x587, 292K)

>not even a primeval warrior

yikes

Which is sad because without the RNG, you can see a variety of card builds depending on what you want to focus on. There are decks for nuking heroes, decks for staying in one lane and pushing the fuck out of it, there are decks built around buffing a single hero etc. It's just literally every other mechanic in the game takes away from it.

>him and bulldog casting together is also great
you really do need to go back

I don't think the coin is bad per se, just that preplanning a full turn based on what you have in hand makes the game go faster since you can execute more actions in sequence without having your thought process broken. The coin system would work better if the game were a little more simple, because right now taking 10-12 seconds per coinflip to make a decision on something causes a lot of drag. It's not quite like the stack in MTG where you have a handful of spells you can play in response, so most of the enemy turns go by with minimal input from the other player, instead you're having to decide on the spot what your next several moves are which will usually need to be reprocessed again afterwards.

Cheating Death was one of the biggest bullshit things I had the misfortune to play against. I literally dumped five spells and a combat phase on a Drow just to have everything fail to kill her while I watched her slowly beat down my tower over the course of four turns.

The worst thing about it wasn't even the RNG, it's the fact that there's no counterplay to it other than hope the next removal spell works. If it had been something like "Heroes that would die are reduced to one life so long as they have two or more" it'd have been much better to play against since then you can at least count on everything having exactly two lives.

I just wish certain cards weren't so bullshit. Like sure, Bounty Hunter has 7 health but he has the potential to do 14 damage from turn fucking 1. Nothing turn 1 has the means to deal with damage like that. At least with Legion or Bristleback you can survive them but heavily bruised (Unless they draw Duel or Vicious Goo)

there is absolutely nothing wrong with artifact as a game, it's quality or pricing and business model as a card game

Jesus Christ someone actually made this...

Sorry for shocking you on your first day on Yea Forums, tranny

It's really bad because initial hero/creep deployment can dictate the overall flow of the game. If you get your heroes deployed in unfavorable lanes at start and they lose the initial combat, the enemy starts with a gold advantage on you that he can use to snowball into new items, along with a stronger board position with an empty lane. It's why starting with Tidehunters and that tanky red ogre is pretty great, even if they don't cause too much trouble on their own, they're not going to immediately die and feed your opponent gold.

>succeeded because league
HAHAHAH LEAGUE HAS MORE PLAYERS

From respected game developer to full greedy zero-investment web publisher without brakes.

>Pcbros still blaming Richard Garfield over this shitstain of a failure
The man has done some of the best sets in MtG and had to be flown in to bail Wizards of the Coast if they made a dumb move. He also did more than MtG with Netrunner and Keyforge. Maybe blame fucking Valve for being retarded and charging money to play Artifact instead, when others are literally f2p

Looks like a PR speak for "we're shutting down, no refunds".

Literally no one cares about the price tag. The game is simply not fun to play, if it was, you wouldn't have seen hundreds of thousands of players drop it after buying it. Even being F2P wouldn't have saved it.

When a crowd of people audibly GROANS at your game announcement just throw in the towel and do something else
EXACTLY!
NO. ONE. ASKED. FOR. THIS.

>Maybe blame fucking Valve for being retarded and charging money to play Artifact instead
The initial price and the whole card economy were Richard's idea because he hates the system used in all digital card games.

Considering how much you circle jerk him I'm surprised you don't know this.

Attached: brain problems.jpg (192x220, 34K)