Sekiro isn't bullshi-

>Sekiro isn't bullshi-

Attached: 1525009378183.webm (640x360, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RJhlGUvoq70
youtube.com/watch?v=HUgHlvR3ShM
youtu.be/Sl9dhaddf9g?t=1372
youtube.com/watch?v=21uXbisY28U&t=146s
youtube.com/watch?v=SpPLGtG2Nk8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

oh look its that ds3 swamp enemy

haha you suck

with ds2 hitboxes

>dodge mindlessly like a spazz
>get btfo by based chain ogre
Looks off but otherwise working as intended

If you actually read up on the lore, you would know that that is actually one of the ogre's special powers.

He wasn't dead, could have grappled that tree.

>Dodge too early
>Get tracked
Lmao git gud

>sneak attack ogre
>hide and sneak attack again
>he magically recovers his hp from earlier and doesnt die

this game is fucking retarded

I wonder how such shit even makes it to the game? Did nobody tested the fight and expirienced this? Because I had the same fucking shit and it was immediately apparent for me that hitboxes are broken.

If you slow it down you can see ogres hand clipping the retarded player

>tracked
Nigga, he just did an instant 90 degree turn in a split of a fucking second. It's crearly a broken hitbox issue.

This game just got even more fucking awesome because from your shit webm I realized you could grappling hook before you flew down to your death. Thanks OP.

Also, -t. There's a steep learning curve, but once you learn and lean into the game's mechanics I'd say it's amazing.

If you could double stealth kill every miniboss in the game, it would kind off be retarded game design.
Good thing you're not a game designer, I guess.

every time I watch a webm of this it makes me laugh, there's a very obvious grapple icon on the ogre and people still cry about getting CHUCKSTERED off the cliff

you're retarded. that's how grab attacks have to work. the two models have to snap together

How the fuck do you deal with those fags who constantly kick? the lone swordsman and purple ninja. Holy shit, you can't deflect it, and dodging is damn near impossible due to their spinning kicks. What is the strategy for these fags?

What's the problem with this? It's a way to stop you exploiting the stealth system too much

>waaah why can't I cheese every enemy in this game ;,(

People kept saying in the previews that the hitboxes were much tighter than the ones in Souls and yet shit like this STILL happens

the one red symbol kick can be Mikiri'd

totally fair

Attached: 1551724812328.webm (1280x720, 507K)

A lot of people don't know this but if you hold down the dodge button you can sprint away and its much better than just spamming dodge.

git gud. they're one of the easiest enemies in the game
>Holy shit, you can't deflect it
you literally can

Attached: se.png (618x650, 498K)

lol shit game

Kicks and punches are just like everything else in the game. Can be deflected or even Mikiri'd unless it's a sweep. You just don't get CLANG sound effects for obvious reasons.

You can deflect those kicks, baby.

yep, it's fair

Attached: ogre.webm (924x518, 2.95M)

I had troubles with them until I started to spam R1 with parries. Was really easy this way. If I try to dodge and react to moves - I'm getting stomped.

You can dodge it very easily and then punish him when he lands. Just dodge behind him and r1 right when he lands

Shitboxes weren't my biggest problem with sekiro

Considering how much shit DaS 2 (rightfully) got for the 180 degree spinning turtle knights, it absolutely blows my mind that I rarely see complaints about that type of shit about Sekiro, cause the meme enemytracking in this game is by far the worst it's ever been in a from game

grabs in from's games have always been broken and will always be broken, if you still get hit by them despite knowing this you deserve to die from it

Fromdrones WILL defend this.

>"Mom, I made the thread again!"

the player can pivot like that, so why shouldn't enemies be able to pivot like that?

I used no death trainer.
Couldn't beat the fucking butterfly in the dream so i said fuck it i dont have time for this game.

>ridiculous hitboxes negated by iframes
Yep, that's a From game alright.

>game tells you how to counter every attack
>do something else

Huuuhhh???

The issue is you guys are playing the game like it's dark souls and are trying to abuse dodge i-frames. The hitbox is pretty shit but the bigger issue is you're not reacting properly and the game is punishing you for it. The wind up for the grab is fairly telegraphed allowing you to disengage well in advance before he grabs.

Ah the chained ogre casual filter.

It is bullshit but it's a Souls game so what did you expect?

I swear this shit happens every time they drop a new game.

He filtered thousands

I don't think you understand.
Those are correctly timed dodges, which means he won't grab you because you're dodging.
What OP is showing is that even if you don't feel the need to dodge, because you're out of reach, the ogre just shifts towards you in the last frame of the attack. Which is definitely a bit shitty in a game where positioning is considered important.

>dodge to the side of the grab
>get hit anyways because lol hitboxes in a from game
>NO YOU'RE JUST DOING IT WRONG REEEEEEEEEE

Imagine being so shit you can't beat one of the easiest minibosses in the game.
Going into this game 100% blind I was able to beat him and the flaming bull first try because I didn't act like I was playing dark souls.

Probably the biggest casual filter in the game

Just imagine when this guy gets locked into the giraffe boss fight.
The cramped inescapable tiny space with constant relentless combo attacks will btfo every cheesefag.

>its a bullshit souls game without all the cool stuff
Exactly why its a bullshit game

I can't tell of its actual shitters making these threads or just trolls.

I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Attached: 1553730383020.jpg (806x1000, 125K)

That's pretty epic dude, you must be a hardcore gamer.

It's because you're touching his foot at the moment the grab procs. It's not a good hitbox, but it's consistent with the model and across attacks.

>the ogre just shifts towards you in the last frame of the attack.
he doesn't shift towards you. that's the game snapping the two models together ONCE the grab connects.
why is this so hard for you to understand

>Eavesdrop on soldiers
>Ogres weak to fire
>No mention of shitty hitboxes

I'd prefer it if the hints just broke the 4th wall to give me some decent advice

So, what's the deal with the ogre? Why was he captured? Are there more?

>playing the game like it's dark souls and are trying to abuse dodge i-frames
but that's exactly how you play the game

looks like it is the daily "I suck at games so that must mean they suck" thread. The game is perfect for what it is, you are just fucking terrible at games and at life. Holy shit why haven't you losers necked yourselves?

/thread

Attached: 9obd66mbweo21.jpg (1936x1936, 379K)

Most likely chained ogre is just an afterthought that didn't get that much testing. He's such inconsequential and forgettable boss that I'm surprised there's this many people bitching about it.

You would be correct, except you can clearly see that it doesn't connect.
See

invest in mikiri counter faggot

The Ogre doesn't actually have infinite tracking. It has to do with a tweak From did to the way grab attacks are coded. In Dark Souls + Bloodborne, the enemy throws a hitbox, if you get hit by this (even if you just get clipped) you get teleported into the enemy's arms and grabbed. How good the attack/player hitbox actually is decides whether you don't notice it or it looks extremely bad (like the DS2 grabs, which were a thing because the player character had lingering hitboxes when he rolled). Sekiro's grabs work the same way, but what they added now is that instead of the player teleporting into the enemy, the enemy turns to face the character, giving the illusion that it tracked. What happened in the OP's webm is that the Ogre clipped Sekiro with one of his arms so he turned to face him. When you dodge the attack properly it doesn't look like he tracks, like in this webm . Given that From added this bandaid fix to the janky way grabs work instead of actually fixing them in some other way (such as only making them grab if you get hit by them head on instead of just clipped) makes me think it may just be an engine limitation or something like that. But anyways, there's no unfair tracking in the Ogre's grabs.

Attached: cracks.png (1080x1288, 1.47M)

The hitbox for the grab is in the ogres hands. If you touch the hand like a scrub then you'll snap into the animation.

The issue is that the game negating positioning with bullshit enemy tracking and move assist looks retarded and turns the combat into Simon Says garbage.

i agree chained ogre hitboxes are RIDICULOUS but other than that the game is fine

It's just retarded. It's restricting player freedom for no real reason. Outdated game design like that is just boring

you're supposed to sidestep or back away from the grabs.

oh look a ds2 shockwave apologist

but somehow taking it to the next level

You literally attacked him and put your face on his balls the moment before he grabbed you.

GIT

FUCKING

GUD

Attached: 1.png (1920x1080, 1.91M)

What's probably happening is that the OP's attack animation is shifting his hurtbox into the grab, attacking animations for the player seem generous in Sekiro

youtu.be/RJhlGUvoq70

Imagine being a brainlet and getting filtered by a boss you can backstab and then shitposting on Yea Forums about how broken it is.

>The hitbox for the grab is in the ogres hands
Wrong, you can clearly see clipping through his hands without getting caught multiple times.

I-frames, retard.

Attached: output.webm (512x288, 2.55M)

The cool stuff's been improved though. Or are you one of those retards who didn't play Souls for the combat even though that's what you did 90% of the game?

Just jump over it

The reason is you actually have to fight the miniboss at some point and can't just full cheese two healthbars. THAT would be stupid.

"I should have the freedom to stealth deathblow each miniboss twice!!" Nah, play the game.

Literally how are you supposed to fight the two ninja mini bosses at the same time in Ashina Castle part 2? Just one of those assholes is frustrating enough

Sekiro doesn't have i-frames, keep your dark souls bullshit in dark souls.

The player touches the Ogre's finger here so the Ogre snaps to face the character.

Attached: here.jpg (468x505, 34K)

Kicks can be deflected too

>imagine wanting people to kill themselves over a game

Have sex

You can sneak up behind the normal one.

It's this thread again. Yes keep posting the same WEBm that has been debunked as the player being shite.

Here's your (You) I doubt you even played the game

Attached: 5c9e5f64777fa057443080.gif (375x352, 3.66M)

Apologize to Dark Souls 2 right now.

>Sekiro doesn't have i-frames

Attached: 1552595560674.jpg (315x400, 65K)

this is why I love sekiro over the souls games

no strategy or tactics, just slash and dodge.

Much less than Souls, but it still has them.

Yeah why don't they just give you the freedom to infinitely revive, not take damage and one shot every enemy and boss? Why not just give you the freedom to skip to the end credits?

You know, I actually do have an issue with the chain ogre, but it's not because it's difficult. I think it trains players incorrectly. The fight against the Chain Ogre is very similar to a DaS fight where you just dodge around and take out his health, it's not a very "Sekiro" like fight where you're focusing on posture damage, and I think it cements an incorrect playstyle

Does anyone else agree or am I off on this? I really love this game by the way, I was just watching someone else fight it and thought it kinda seemed odd

Attached: 1525127838341.png (364x271, 56K)

>die in a videogame
whats the problem?
do you also make threads about monopoly being bullshit or what?
its literally nothing your neckbeards

>/thread own post
Newfag pls

But you can see where the models collide, senpai. Do you want grab physics that work like a claw machine?

git gud stupid nigger. Pretty sure women have sex with winners and not losers who get stuck on the first miniboss of an easy game.

KYSFGT
Don't @ me loser.

>all these fromniggers defending this FOR FREE
and you guys make fun of the jannies because they work for free.

>People actually died to this slow as molasses solo motherfucker
must be pic relateds complaining

Attached: download (4).jpg (222x227, 12K)

Yes it does. They're just very brief.
I've accidentally i-framed sweep attacks when I thought a thrust was coming.

The armoured knight works far better in that regard

But you have lady butterfly and genichiro in close proximity which show the proper way to play though. Besides this kind of passive way of playing isn't completely useless either, some bosses reward it like the ape and regular monk

It was all that needed to be said and everything past is pointless. So /thread is appropriate regardless of poster. Your mother should have /lifed you before you were born dipshit.

/thread

don't @ me faggot

so there's NO possible fix to make the animation less retarded?

none whatsoever?

The game does have a few token "Dark Souls" fights, like the Ogre, Blazing Bull, Guardian Ape and the Demon of Hatred

I think it's an easy fight that filters out shitters like OP.

Sounds like Miyazaki was just pulling a prank.

If you want to dodge grabs that seem to have "vacuum" effects or thrusts with insane tracking, you need to dodge after the attack has started, not before or you get hit. It feels wonky, it looks wonky but it's how the game works. It doesn't care about your action before the enemys action, it cares about your reaction. It's also why Mikiri can seem to be so fucking retarded, you are dodging too early.

>It's restricting player freedom for no real reason.
Preventing players from cheesing 80% of the game with stealth is a very real reason.

I agree. I also think the game (or maybe just the translators) did a bad job of explaining that just because an attack is a grab, doesn't mean you are supposed to dodge it. There are plenty of grab attacks that you can jump kick, specifically the ones with SWEEPING motions. The attacks you NEED to dodge instead of deflecting/Mikiri countering or jump kicking are the grabs that go STRAIGHT AHEAD, plus Demon of Hatred's rush.

So now it's the animation that's the problem and not the hitbox?

eh, it’s one fight. there’s so much game after that. you’re gonna have to figure out how to play eventually, or you’ll just hit a wall

Based as fuck

Is demon of hatred the guy in the dark spamming souls of the damned or something?

There are a couple of Souls fights like the ape. Fags who say
>HURR YOU CAN’T PLAY THIS LIKE SOULS
are fucking idiots.

The Armored Knight is the opposite, you can't damage him, you must break his posture.

>debunked as the player being shite.
Not OP but how does player being shit affects FROM's signature feature - bad grab hitboxes?

is it me or does every single webm i see of people bitching about this game always get them caught by attacks at the end of their dodge i-frames or underestimating enemies turning in place to attack them

I'd say it's both

That's sriracha warrior

Yes, that's my point retard

>challenge is outdated
So... this is how it ends? Escapist immersion nerds have ruined video games.

Attached: 1552411973757.gif (463x698, 204K)

le git gud )))

just iframe our sloppy mechanics ))

MY NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!

Attached: KWEligor.jpg (250x344, 21K)

>this user is underage

No, that's a Shichimen Warrior.

WTF FUCKING CHEATER

Here we have a Bloodborne example to prove this janky way is just how grabs always worked and Sekiro just has a bandaid fix to make them look like tracking. If you get hit by any part of the hitbox, you get grabbed, no matter how glancing it is. From's engine just can't do grabs well.
youtube.com/watch?v=HUgHlvR3ShM

Attached: ebrietas.jpg (550x544, 66K)

I agree there are some fights that require that playstyle, I just kinda think that the order might have messed people up. I think Chained Ogre is potentially the first "hard" mini-boss so when people win, they go "ah okay I get how to play now!" but then they have to relearn it later. By the time you're facing Guardian Ape you already have the basics down pat and it's easy to just adapt a different style

Not a huge issue just something I had thought about.

is there anything you need to do before killing the divine dragon?

I can’t beat owl 2. I’n currently taking a break from the game because of this.

it's literally nothing like that swamp enemy

b-but reddit told me hitbox bad

Fromdrones attacking people over shitty grab hitboxes is astonishing to me because From are the only ones who consistently have this problem and it’s like their drones have never played another action game. If you want to see grabs that are readable and connect logically, the Ninja Gaiden games are great examples where super-punishing grabs are still considered fair due to hitboxes that are on-point. But Fromdrones will still make excuses even though everyone else does it right.

Quite the opposite. There are a few fights where it's almost literally impossible to break an enemy's posture until you've put in a decent amount of vitality damage, and in every fight it's difficult to break posture without some amount of it. Chained Ogre being all vitality and no posture helps players to understand that they can't just deflect their way to victory every time.

I literally beat this miniboss on the second try. Only reason he got me the first time was because I went into the fight not respecting him (I started it at half health and he hit me with a drop kick).

>red glowing eyes
>wooden shit around neck
>bullshit grab attack
yep nothing like it

>doges mindlessly instead of tapping 'b' ONCE and fucking demolishing this pleb enemy

But those are exactly the bosses that have you play it like Dark Souls

I killed him on my second try, and I'm a mediocre SoulsBorneKiroFromSoft player.

Just keep moving and don't dodge the second he starts up his attack animation. That's the real trick with this guy. The urge is to dodge the second you see a tell, but you're better off dodging one he has really committed to an attack. The attack will still tack to a degree, but it always slid just past me and left him open for a two-or-three hit combo.

Alternatively, just cheese him with the oil + flamethrower combo.

Or go past him. He's not mandatory.

Am I actually fucking my game up from dying a bunch or is this just story progression?
Can I fix it?

There are some, yeah, but in general playing the style of "circle around and get in the occasional hit" will get you killed or drag a fight out like crazy

Yeah I tried dodging Guardian Apes grab way too many times before discovering it's really a sweep

Correct, it's not a huge deal, just seemed like an interesting choice

Pretty sure sidestep in Sekiro has no iframes by default. Game just checks when you pressed it vs. the timing of the attack, if it was before the attack you will get hit, if it was after you dodge. There are exceptions such as sweeps where the only time you will dodge through one is if you have iframes from something else (like being knocked down and getting back up). In many cases you can also just mash and avoid damage because the game tolerates mashing and doesn't punish you often for it.

This is Oney playing isn't it?

Anyone who did chained ogre before hirata estate runs a 50% chance of being a fucking idiot though.

They should let you do this. But get no rewards for it. Then you can fight the main bosses without any extra health, sippies, or techniques and have you suffer for your bullshit. It'll probably still be do-able even.

nah dont worry about it too much. you can use an item to get rid of that shit too. no stress m8

oh and how do i kill that faggot giant carp?

If you put the letter S in front of Hitbox you have my exact opinion of Sekiro.

No you're not fucking your game up, yes you can fix it. You're technically limited in the number of times you can fix it but I ended the game with way more of the item than I needed and I was a fucking scrub who died all the time.

Literally the only enemy in the game that people use as an example. Kinda sad You are reaching so hard

In all fairness the only bullshit grabs were the monkey and Emma, and even then it was more the monkey because of how wonky the camera could get. Fucker pulled me off the moon.

>literally dozens of threads on various forums bitching about grabs in ninja gaiden
>THESE DRONES THOUGH
Lmao at your dead franchise. Last game was Ninja Gaiden Z top kek.

Attached: thats_where_youre_wrong_kiddo.png (497x354, 8K)

>the retarded shitposter soulsbabs are stuck on ogre, just like they were stuck on capra, ruin, gascoigne and abyss watchers

>they are paying their karmic debt now, gangraped by a miniboss that is literally 20 minutes into the game

>except this time their cheese options are severely limited, and they can't be helped by other players

has this game broken the cycle, anons?

Attached: pepenuclear.jpg (750x709, 89K)

try him after everything else
i dunno why he's so much stronger than owl 1
and i think i missed on emmas dialog since i killed the divine dragon first

>I can't stab something and walk away without it being a threat. Then come back to finish it off.

Refund your copy please, you don't deserve to play this game.

Seriously, goddamn can tell you're not trolling. There's people this retarded in real life.

I bought one of the items you speak of from a merchant.
How many of them are there in the game?
Could you give me a rough estimation as to when it would be a good time to use one? I've got 3 rot at the moment and am worried about spoiling things if I were to google this shit.

retard

You will eventually start picking up an item that can cure NPCs of Dragonrot. You are limited by the number of these items you can collect, but the game is pretty generous with them.

Why are drones even defending this bullshit and say shit like "IF YOU HAVE ANY CRITICISM YOU DIDN'T PLAY THE GAME"? I mean I played it and enjoyed it, but why deny objective flaws like Ogres shitty hitboxes?

To be fair the tracking is a little aggressive in the game

ok thank you for refuting me have a nice day user

>that meme

Attached: 1552275662822 reddit.png (480x424, 381K)

>Can't even get past the first mini boss
kys

Because it's overstated by naysayer?

I beat the ogre on my second attempt, and I'm not a great player by any stretch of the imagination. It's not like he's a mandatory boss who players will sink weeks and weeks of game time into.

Yeah, the hit boxes are a little wonky but not to the degree OP is making it out to be.

Good thing we have the lord of reddit here to clarify

Because Ogre is in the game twice, one of which is completely optional, and his hitboxes are basically the exception to the rule

>ashina elite jinusuke saze
do fromsoft realize that there are reaction time testers online?

what?

The game isnt meant to be cheesed giving you a health bar for free already should be enough

I got that bastard on the third try when I realized that he was just a reaction check.

I thought it was kinda fun, very easy but it was neat

kek reactionlet

Pay attention to his blade sparkling when he's about to do his iaido slashes. That's the tell for deflecting.

>hit gud spider nigger
That's what I read at first glance.

You can just sprint around him (and most slower enemies) forever and not get hit

Attached: Welp.jpg (620x406, 27K)

Literally neck yourself, I don't need your third grade caliber rhetoric sullying my perfect brain.

/thread.

It's against the rules to be under 13 and post here.

Game design according to fromdrones aka Sekirofags:
>visual clarity consistency doesn't matter in hitboxes, even if tons of people show its jank
>combos don't/can't add depth, better you just spam R1.
>dmc enemies are sandbags that never attack even though half of sekiro's enemies sit around waiting to be attacked
>Sekiro is super deep despite just being MGR in a different skin, but trust me its so much deeper than any other action game.
>If a company has bad game design like homing attacks that take away control from the player that's just the company. Developers should never have to improve you just need to git gud

If your reaction time is slower than 1 and a half seconds then you need to see a doctor

Attached: 1553198598212.jpg (1920x1080, 481K)

Does Sekiro use i-frames or not with the dodges?

NICE GAME SEKIRODORKS

Attached: sekiro 2019.03.25 - 02.02.28.02.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

Git gud.

So was the guardian ape supposed to be hard? I got him down on my third try and his second phase is piss easy especially if you bait his large over head swing and parry for like a 6 second stagger.

Is Yea Forums just full of shitters?

Attached: 1445833643851.jpg (500x500, 208K)

It's faster to deflect blazing bull than it is to circle strafe kill it.

I can see the reviews already.
>Because I played like I wanted and the game allowed me I'm now completely fucked as it never told me I missed out on upgrades and items. The boss I'm stuck at is one-shotting me every time, impossible. 2/5.

so hes right? ninja gaiden also has awful grab hitboxes and you are just a lying faggot who has to resort to calling other people reddit?

>jumping and not just mikiri countering

Literally a piss easy mini boss.

>Enemy is charging his attack while advancing towards you slowly
>Brainlet performs an anime jump over him instead of spacing it or using Mikiri
>Enemy turns around and skewers him
What exactly is the problem here?

Attached: doll4.jpg (310x346, 28K)

Wow, nice "hard game" you have there Sekitards.

Attached: sekiro 2019.03.26 - 17.03.44.08.DVR.webm (640x360, 2.91M)

Absolutely every complaint about this game is how hard it is. Get fucking good dumb idiots, or stay mad forever.

lmao he has almost a full second tell. your reaction time to it should be like a tenth of a second.

>WHAT THE FUCK I WAS DODGING AND I STILL DIED, THIS GAMES BROKEN BULLSHIT EVERY ENEMY JUST KILLS ME AND I CANT EVEN DODGE HOW IS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO GET PAST THIS PLEBFILTER

Attached: 553195.jpg (936x622, 39K)

I spent like 10 minutes fighting this bastard and brought him down to almost 0 HP. Then this NIGGER samurai shows up outta nowhere and chases me around while I struggle to avoid him and the ogre.

Long story short I killed the bastard samurai and when I ran up to get that last poke in on the ogre his health had regenerated fully.

Was a little bit salty.

> no no you do notto understandu, spamming attack buttoon is real testu skill!

>Wasting all those perilous attacks
Yikes!

Its kinda ridiculous that all the webm's these shitters post about "unfair hitboxes/grabs" are literally no problem for people who actually have played the game for more than 2 hours.

Its actually the shark monster from Bloodborne. Look at the movements.

>This is Oney playing isn't it?

Yes it is.
youtu.be/Sl9dhaddf9g?t=1372

Parrying/jumping perilous attacks is retarded. If you dodge them you can land a heavy attack, sometimes more. If you parry them you just get stamina damage and sometimes one light attack.

>OMG SOMEONE SHOW INCOSISTENT THINGS IN MY FAVORITE GAME! THEYRE OBVIOUSLY JUST SCRUBS BECAUSE GAMING JESUS FROMSOFT CAN DO NO WRONG! EVEN THOUGH THIS IS SOMETHING THEY FAILED ON IN OTHER GAMES THEY SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO IMPROVE!

Attached: 1343997440759.jpg (444x594, 73K)

lol good you should get punished for jumping. jumping in real life is extremely stupid and leaves you extremely vulnerable and its easy to see because you are in the air for a long time. the enemy clearly turned around before finishing the attack.

He definitely looks like hes being punished for it

Just use the loaded spear thrust type. He gets postured hard and takes damage to boot. 2-3 thrusts and you can death blow him.

>He doesn't know what is a perilous attack
The jump doesn't have the danger sign.

It's a very long fight so I always lost focus in the middle and died.

>jumping in real life is extremely stupid

Uhh, sekirotards?...

Attached: single leg to sv_gravity 0.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

its not inconsistent through. you didn't line up the i-frames right. you can sidestep that grab.

Soulsfags on suicide watch

A perilous attack is any attack that causes a kanji to appear above your head. This is the definition of a perilous attack, straight from the game.

You are wrong, and will now either stop replying and lick your wounds or will play dumb, so I think I'm finished here.

>cherrypicking
thats not even a jump nor is he sword fighting.

>THIS GAMES TOO HARD
>THIS GAMES TOO EASY

oh?

Attached: 10746d3a65d709dc04d7f8b2db0db3be.jpg (630x600, 158K)

>player literally rubberbands into a grab because the grab box is larger than the actual model
Thats gonna be a yikes from me user.

I wonder would the boss followed him like that if he had untargeted the boss before jumping. Knowing From, I doubt.

you can't play this like souls

>bad hitboxes are okay because spacing doesn't actually matter and iframes negate every poor design decision

Attached: d10.gif (200x138, 126K)

>thats not even a jump

Attached: 1504082576117.png (645x729, 50K)

Lol. This was legit the easiest boss in the game. I hardly even dodged, just strafed around him with sprint.

Not that hard, in fact I've noticed that if you manage to deal damage without him blocking he'll use a perilous attack you can evade easily, do that technique again, he'll do the perilous attack, rinse and repeat

nah man mikiri counter does way more posture damage than a single charged r1 or two

maybe if you are going for vitality damage then yeah you can switch it up and dodge.. thats actually a good thing because the game requires you to use different strategies to accomplish different short term goals.

God is there any playerbase more obnoxious than soulsfags?
All of these games are the definition of artificial difficulty but no soulsfag will admit that that's what they like about them.

your right, this games total bullshit its not you sperging out over a minor hitbox error

Posture damage barely matters against bosses. It just regenerates near-instantly unless you have damaged their health a lot.

>a webm showing off stupid tracking on attacks
>a webm showing off terrible AI on enemies
>these webms clearly are only trying to complain that the game is easy or hard and nothing else

Maybe try running or jumping shit-for-brains

Just turn the game off if you dont want to fight the bosses

its not. dude was getting his leg sweeped out so he just went with the movement and spun in place real quick. if you were to jump straight at someone in wrestling im sure you wouldn't get far with it.

Nah, it’s just gameplay design that they want the grab to have hitbox as large. They could have simply the hitbox to be small if they want smooth animation.
However, the biggest problem with ogre fight is that the game’s lie to you that you should dodge to avoid that grab instead of jumping which wreck ogre’s grab 100%
There are much more deadly and annoying grab in the game such as snake eyes that can catch you in the air but her grab animation is very smooth. Some stuffs you have to figure out yourself such as monkey ground grab is better to be jumped but his air grab is better to be dodged

And they say fromshills aren't real

show me a webm from a souls game that is any better?

you literally can't.

>its not.

Attached: 1507525656116.png (645x729, 91K)

You're right, fromsoft shouldn't have tight hitboxes like every good action game in existence. I mean fromdrones eat up shit anyways right?

t. shitter

be more aggressive

sorry you seem to think I don't think souls games suffer from the same shit problems.

>kane and lynch 2 is shit
>no its not because you cant show me where kane and lynch 1 was better
?????

>its okay if its a fromsoft game they should never have to improve anything
Is this what eating shit is like?

yes, the people who lost at souls games and quit because they make vapid baseless and exagerayed complaints to cope with their frustration of not being able to do what other people can do.

>muh artificial difficulty
you outed yourself there as one of them.

its one enemy and only one attack. get a grip retard.

Genichiro doesn't have time to recover posture of you go full aggression like the player in the webm.

Attached: hitboxes.webm (960x540, 2.83M)

i'm genuinely shocked that you guys are complaining about this game. its an incredible game, and its not all that difficult either.

when you eavesdrop on those warriors they tell you the monsters fear fire, directly behind those guys by the gate there is a merchant that talks about 'that night' ...

earlier in the game you get a prayer bead from the old lady, you use that at the buddha and get the fire shinobi attachment from the memory, its the merchant that tells you that information in the first place. thats where you meet him, then it makes the fight piss easy

its not a soulsgame and why are you talking to God on Yea Forums

OH NO NO NO NO NO NOO

I don't even know why but I read that in DSP's voice.

i don't see the problem. sekiro's hitbox gets wider during a side dodge as his feet trail behind him. thats why you have to iframe it properly. there are so many overheads in the game like this that you should have the timing down by now.

thats just 1 enemy!

This shit happened to me so many times with Demon of Hatred. I would be a mile away from his legs and still get stomped.

proving my point, this happened once with one enemy right? I mean id know I beat the game 3 times already. Hes easy and one move has weird hit detection on left/right dodges that tracks you fast. thats basically a game ruining error for someone who cant learn and will die to the 2nd miniboss in the game forever.get gud you massive scrub

>panic dodging
>gets punished
no problem here. git gud shitter. stop mashing.

Because there's genuine reason to complain regardless of the overall enjoyability of the game?

Check this 4

Isshin is such a nigger.
>look i have this old ass pistol
>fires bullets like if it were a submachine gun

>no matter how badly i play i should be able to beat the game because muh player freedom
no man, its not even a game at that point. there has to be correct ways and wrong ways.

See this shit, everybody? These fags will NEVER just admit that these games rely on artificial difficulty. They eat whatever From shits out and never want it to change.

>the player dodged out of the way too fast! He should've been dodging .5 seconds slower!
Do you even hear yourself fromdrones?

Attached: 1342862606350.png (463x459, 275K)

I love Sekiro and I'm currently dealing with the Demon of "I thought the Ape was annoying" but how do people actually defend that? Grabs have always been fucking bullshit in FROM games and its one of the few things I can't imagine anyone genuinely defending because the hitboxes are always retarded.

Check this 9

>teleporting enemies is working as intended
t.Miyazaki

Sekiro is like a not shit version of DS2.

No one defends Demon of Hatred. it's shit because it's a Souls boss in a game that was made for fighting humanoids with weapons.

Guardian Ape gets a pass due the second phase.

So is Mikiri counter actually real or is that just a fever dream the devs had? I'm trying to kill the spear Ashina guy but that can't be possible it seems since his spear is so long he hits me from across the map and Mikiri counter is just a legend because it doesn't fucking work

>genuinely shocked at complaining

remember moments in the game you got frustrated and wanted to say "This is the games fault!" but you didnt because you knew the truth was that its your fault? Heres the people with less impulse control, itll happen with every difficult game. Im not suprised at all.

yes. sekiro has a wide hitbox after a dodge so if you mistime the iframes you get hit. you should not be able to spam dodge and win. he even has his feet and legs trailing behind him to communicate this to you. he is getting his feet or legs chopped off.

>what are delayed attacks?

Just learn the i-frames bro. Sekiro doesn't have i-frames btw. Nor does it have dogshit hitboxes btw.

Check this 2

Spam the button. The game never punishes spaming

But Yea Forums told me you can't play Sekiro like Souls.

Mikiri only works on thrusts. You also need to factor in delay of the spear (also you need to press B/Circle alone, no directional inputs are allowed or you wont Mikiri Counter)

>player clearly is out of the way of the attack
>gets hit by fartgas
>this is a delayed attack that cuts the wind and misses the player but still damanges him due to invisible hands

Attached: 1344588461110.jpg (317x269, 19K)

artificial difficulty is a cope term, you dont even know what your refferring to other than "this games bullshit" echoing in your head. Go ahead and define it and make some examples.

Protip: Running sideways is significantly better than dodging. Most of the shit that tracks a sidestep will not track sideways running except a part of the ninjas animations and some boss running catches.

Attached: 1553083988649m.jpg (1024x788, 48K)

These kind of hitboxes only happened like 2 maybe 3 times to me.
Most attacks still have ghost range.
Giving everyone an iron club would be more appropriate.

bad
closer!
good job kid, i knew u could do it

Felt so good to bully this cunt in NG+

Attached: Lady Butterfly bully.webm (1280x720, 1.62M)

So, i have to sit in front of the enemy with the infinite reach without moving so that i can jump on his spear. Got it. Sure

don't input a direction with it and do it early. it has like a half second window. sekiro can even play out almost the full dodge forward animation and still get the counter without having to press circle again.
don't you have better things to do with your life?

Check this 6

Mikiri-counter is probably the easiest think to land for free massive posture damage on the enemy. You are gonna have a bad day on the final boss if you don't learn Mikiri Counter properly.

>sekiro doesn't have iframes

Yes it does, however they're restricted to only work against certain attacks. For example, side dodge only has iframes against vertical slashes.

no its not because you can't get the followup counter attack after running. step dodging give you a high damage followup counter attack and its faster than running and then doing a running r1.

Nigga tried to r1 and pushed himself into the hitbox.

You don't have to sit, but you do have to do a non-directional or forward dodge for it to work.

Ok i did it. He just pulls his spear back. Shouldn't i be able to counter?

wrong. vertical slashes are just the easiest to iframe. you can iframe through lots of shit.

From games just take place in the Elfen Lied universe

Attached: From hitboxes.jpg (500x375, 23K)

Woah it's like you are playing dark souls 2...with bloodborne enemies

and people paid full price for this

Attached: heee.gif (490x396, 2.52M)

What do you mean? Im literaly spaming circle and mikiri countering everything. Same with parries.

>yfw you realize almost all enemies are reskinned from older fromsoft games

Do the running charged r1, it comes out pretty fast.

Not on Bosses/Mini-Bosses. After a counter keep your agression up and attack the enemy until they deflect (which you use to parry his counterattack)

fuck off dmc fag
muh super deep spammy combos

you don't need to spam circle. the window is fuckhuge, and doing an full dodge before the thrust even hits can fuck things up.

spamming parries doesn't work on anyone except centipedes either liar.

Alright fuckers help me to learn parrying bosses. I am against ghost nun or that one ghost who plays music. Everytime
I try to parry, there is this yellow-orange flash which indicates a successful parry but their poise literally doesn‘t increase while mine is full as fuck. Also
some user said I can block horizontal swipes, how?

I beat about 10 "real" bosses and many more mini bosses and the chained ogre took me more attempts than anything else so far. Granted I was still unacustomed to the mechanics and still tried to play Dark Souls, but I got fucked again and again by his hitboxes.

Check this 3

so the ai is smart and turns around when you jump over them?
this

>he even backsteps twice to give the player a shitton of space for preparation
>LOL i'll just rush him!

Attached: 1400465592537.jpg (900x506, 63K)

no its pretty slow. lot slower than a side step followup.

>while mine is full as fuck
Then you didn't parry.

I think the best part of these threads are that you'd never see this shit in a bayo/dmc thread. Fromdrones should pay attention to this obvious consistency since those games actually reward players fast reactions.

Dude im not fucking lying jesus christ. Wait for the animation to start then spam circle. I was getting anihilated trying to time it then i realized i could spam it and do it easily. Fuck off

get some hits in too, the meter will fill up eventually

NO YOUR JUST BAD LMAO GIT GUD!!!!!

Check this 8

how did wolf turn out so good when owl his dad was such a piece of shit?

Attached: 50568699_596863667427300_8770077086741168128_n okay this is ebic ben shapiro sekiro.jpg (480x265, 13K)

have sex

because those games are easy so no one feels the urge to complain. those games are not rewarding skill.

Just know that if you spam then there is a window in which you'll still get hit.

If you play it frame by frame, you're clearly inside his leg. Perfectly reasonable distance to get grabbed like a shitter.

Git gud, fag.

This game is just right.

you do know the act of attacking or being attacked completely halts posture regen, right?
the boss can be at 100% health as long as you keep the pressure up they'll never recover any posture

do you lack reading comprehension? spamming works on mikiri but its not doing anything for you because the window is fuckhuge. just press it once and you will land it just as easily.

I got tired of this game after 6 hours.

it's all the same shit and the same enemies

have you ever seen anybody that isn't able to clear bayo/dmc?

That‘s why I am asking. Doesn‘t the orangish yellow flash indicate a successfull block/parry?
I try, but it literally fills a milimeter. I am at +1 strength.

Jist fought Gyoubu and Blazing Bull now. Last time I listen to Yea Forums about ANYTHING. I beat both of them in one try while I struggled more on Lady Butterfly stage 2. You people are pathetic if you died to the bull.

Attached: 1553864493475.png (720x540, 751K)

Check this 1

it's literally been this way since the Cyclops in the tutorial area of DS2
player should have anticipated the vacuum honestly

Doesn't look anything like it.

Attached: Lycanthrope 1.jpg (502x472, 47K)

Well user, did you beat bayo on NSIC?

>HURR I PRESS DODGE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE I BEAT GAME
games can have more in depth combat than this retard, and not every game should be beat the same way. i don't know why you think from soft has to let you beat sekiro just for spamming dodge.

>+1 strength.
You mean 1 attack power?

Only if you do it too early and dodge into his spear. Even then if you spam fast enough you might be able to counter right as the dodge animation is over before the hit connects. And sometimes you'll just dodge and end up in a good position for a r1 dodge counter

-t
one flawed hitbox/animation doesn't make the entire game bullshit

The grab hitboxes in this game are huge, but while the dash doesn't have any invincibility against most attacks, they are immune to grounded grabs, though most jumping grabs have enough active frames that they outlast the dash invincibility to grabs and catches you anyway so you have to jump over those.

Check this 5

I was doing that and missing half the time. There is no downside to spamming. End

i died to bull because i was trying out different strategies before going the whole fight him for 10 minutes just following him around and stay at his butt because that is super lame and boring. i didn't have firecrackers at the time either. bull only took me three tries though.

>Isshin, the Sword Saint
>try to parry his attack
>literally a 0.3 second window between letting L1 go and pressing it again
>sneaks a slash in and then starts of comboing from it

Attached: 1525068971440.png (290x290, 108K)

Are the people saying it still connected retards? You can clearly slow it down frame by frame and see that he never gets touched by the grab yet it connects anyway.

>You mean 1 attack power?
yes. I donÂŽt play it in english so I donÂŽt know the exact terms. +2 hp and posture +1 attack power.

why are people unironically defending that webm? sekiro is one of my fav games of all time and that never happened to me, but it's still glaringly wrong. the animation is completely broken and doesn't represent what's actually happening

youtube.com/watch?v=21uXbisY28U&t=146s

Attached: 1346781882411.jpg (184x184, 6K)

Check this 0

dude stop lying. find something better to do with your life. unless you do it more than a fucking half second early it will land. if you really need to spam mikiri to land it you might want to see some kind of doctor.

Get good you fucking baddy

To be fair goingfor his butt is the logical approach.

>retards ITT not knowing about froms signature SHOCKWAVES

it's been a week and you STILL can't get past ogre?

because his life was dedicated to protecting kuro. kuro's heroic and righteous nature rubbed off on him

Check this 3

That's because a DMC enemy throwing out an attack is like witnessing a solar eclipse.

Attached: 100% smug.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

Jesus, you need to upgrade your attack power with the boss memories you got. It's the second last option or so at the Idol

Just fuck off retard. Seriously fuck off. If he's having trouble with it he's free to try spamming like i do. It works, period.

git gud

>optional high difficulty mode that is locked at first
irrelevant. you only get the people who can handle hard games playing this mode and acting like they are entitled to winning it. the default mode is piss easy so you don't get people complaining. casul shitters whine about sekiro because theres no easy mode to allow them to beat it, but they still think they are entitled to beat it by playing like shit just like their dmcuck and bayonetta/horny waifufag shit.

Fromsoft drones like to fellate themselves rather than face criticism.

Unironic retard.

it is but the damage you get from it is so low that its logical to seek other avenues. worst part of the game for me.

More like
>The first boss of sekiro has a bullshitty grab, easily countered by not circle strafing him.
Honestly git

>acting like a different person
cringe. you really should see a doctor dude. normal people don't think they are multiple people. thats called mental illness.

Kek

>you only get the people who can handle hard games playing this mode and acting like they are entitled to winning it.
correction:
you only get the people who can handle hard games playing this mode. retards who can't play won't bother with this mode.

IF YOU READ THE LORE. YOU'D UNDERSTAND HE'S MEANT TO BE BROKEN.

The lore states he is trapped between two worlds, and sometimes he can move between them to grab people.

What? Are you really this fucktarded? At no point did i pretend to be someone else. I'm getting trolled desu

why cant Japanese people make games
are they dumb? the lack of diversity in their game studios is most likely the issue and leads to close minded development

>souls games are just combat and nothing else
100% this is the retarded mentality that convinces people to defend 2, the idea somehow Dark Souls was just an action game is like saying Super Metroid is a Mega Man game

Weak bait

The monk is so difficult because she moves so fluidly and slow that her attacks are hard to deflect well. She’s also very aggressive so when you do get hit you’ll need to find a perfect spot to retreat and heal instead of immediately running and falling back for a sippy like every other enemy.

literally the only good mini boss in the game

I only wish that we would have a little more ammo.
That way more prosthetics are viable like sabimaru and axe for combos instead of being gone in 4 or 5 uses.
Emblems are around yes but they're still rare.

Apparently the pot dude in the memory will give you poisoned bait that will kill the carp. You do not know that, however, unless you talk to the other pot dude hidden in the palace.

How do you kill Shichimen warrior? do you just poke him a bit and run away when the big souls come out?

But user I donÂŽt have anymore memories?
the only memory I got was from the rider dude. And I never did butterfly. After Rider I got into the castle, beat the guy in the entrance path, got into underground, cheesed the one shitty firearm dude, got into the village and now I am before the nun. Only Boss I didnÂŽt killed is butterfly afaik.

wait until you get purple shield and until you have a high attack rating, like 5+. then divine confetti, mottled purple gourd and/or pacifying agent. killing the one in the guardian ape's burrow first is ideal because he drops malcontent's ring, which enables you to craft the malcontent finger whistle which stuns the shichimen for like 2 or 3 whole seconds.

divine confetti and anti-air deathblow absolutely rapes him

divine confetti and pacifying agent

This is the dumbest post I've seen today thank you.

You confetti up, down some pacifying agent (or gourd equivalent if you've got it) and just R1 spam him to death no thought involved. Just run or deflect the giant laser after the teleport.

If he's in the air you can jump at him for a free death blow but I only got that to work once because aerial death blows are terribly programmed.

Reminder hitbox problems are largely from misplays and not reacting fast/correctly

When you play well you get hitbox porn

Attached: SEKIRO - SekiroShadowsDieTwice_1.webm (500x282, 2.01M)

her attacks were easy to deflect for me. guardian ape was a bitch to parry though so i did pure dark souls strats on him. the hard part about monk for me was recognizing thrust vs sweep.

>Remember, this clear visual proof of an incorrect hitbox is a collective fever dream due to your lack of skill.
What the fuck?

>literal bullshit from an edited youtube video vs actual gameplay proving the hitboxes are trash

God damn do I love the overhead swing, particularly if it's charged and followed by another one. I honestly don't know if there's any other CA that is better.

Attached: 1507145079559.jpg (500x693, 52K)

how do anti air deathblows work? i've never been able to get a single one on jumping enemies.

so which bait to give carp?
and how do i kill the 2nd snek in the cave?

>bullshit
its literal gameplay footage retard. its just as "bullshit" as your isshin and chained ogre webms.

>mfw redditarian shit on dark souls 2 for bad hitboxes but are fine with sekiro

explain yourself.

Attached: 1522102553798.jpg (480x480, 41K)

just spam r1
easiest boss in the game

>Ninja Gaiden games are great examples where super-punishing grabs are still considered fair due to hitboxes

Haha, na brah. Ninja Gaiden is tight but grab hitboxes are just as much as an issue, same as DMC or any other action game. Souls games you just notice it more because the punishment for it is huge and usually instantly fatal combined with punishment for death, whereas the other action games death is just a quick retry till you get good.

Just sayin, you don't seem like you were around for Gamefaqs era Ninja Gaiden XB1 shit posting.

The only souls fight is the demon of hatred.
>ape a soul fight
Git gud nigger, i parried and punished that ape like no tomorrow, by that time i had already learned how to play so i beat the ape in 1 try without holding the run button like a sperg.

he's right though you dumbass
you think Yea Forumsedditors ever play a game more than once? it's hard enough for them to finish it once without dropping it halfway through for some other FOTM

All examples of good hitboxes are when the enemy is attacking you with a cylinder or a literal stick (sword). That's not impressive or difficult, that's the fucking standard.

huh

Attached: 1553719833121.png (1276x710, 691K)

That was a result of misplay. Piss poor reactions and spam pressing step dodge when in the time that he made 2 inputs of the step dodge, could have 2x the distance away if he just ran away.

OP is a faggot but eat shit, you and all other "hitbox porn" redditors.

>The L1 deflect is a mikiri counter
Are you illiterate?

they should work like you expect them to, it's just that it only works on specific enemies. it's stupid, but at least it works on the warrior

I don't shit on anything. DS2s hitboxes are great too, you just need to learn that DS2 has lingering hitboxes (your hitbox doesn't move until the end of the roll) and ADP is a needed stat

you do know the dodge step has wind-down time right?
you need to time it or you eat the spear

Not him but i can't think of a single grab in any Ninja Gaiden game with a bad hitbox. I can think of several other bullshit associated with grabs in Ninja Gaiden but none about the hitboxes.

Can you name some?

This whole hitbox shit is as much of a meme as le hurd gaem and it started with the opposite, Soulsfags losing their shit over just standard hitboxes. I don't even understand where this hitbox porn faggotry sprouted from, what games were these retards even playing before?

Attached: 1543513662285.png (1920x1080, 2.59M)

All From games have some bad hitboxes here and there. There's many videos of Bloodborne's hitboxes for example, what happens is that in a regular playthrough you never encounter them where in Dark Souls 2 if you don't pump agility, you notice it every second fight. That's why there's always the same 3 webms about Sekiro, or 4 or so about Bloodborne, yet you can boot Dark Souls 2 on a new character, have low agility, fight any enemy, and notice it.

Attached: doll2.jpg (700x700, 206K)

>At least three anons are living proof that I'm wrong.
>But no, you'll eat a spear if you spam.
>And maybe they'll forget that I'm an idiot who posted an infographic on the normal L1 counter in response to the entirely different mikiri counter with it's fuckhuge timing window.

>Start NG+
>Get fucked by him again

Seriously fuck this boss

kek whatever delusions make you sleep at night user

this thread is littered with examples of bad hitboxes

Macho Man Ogre Savage is the best.

>this thread is littered with examples of bad Ninja Gaiden hitboxes
Where?

Just sprint to your left

Another BTFO. So satisfying to see this. 60fps didnt help hahaha

not the tree, you can grapple to the ogre after you've been flung

How the fuck am I supposed to beat the goddamn armored knight?

sekiro has the best hitboxes honestly no problems with it
while ds2 has the worst
bb and ds3 have kinda shitty hitboxes
ds1 and des are a bit better

Parry until his posture is broken.

not ng, sekiro

>game warns you not to dodge with B when an enemy grabs
>do it anyway
>get punished for being a moron
WOW HITBOXES

I did it. I beat Sword Saint.

Holy shit...

Attached: marlboromarinebysinco.jpg (700x490, 78K)

You're on a bigass bridge way up in the cliffs with paper walls that break at the slightest touch. Breaking his posture causes you to push him substantially.

I'm sure you can solve the puzzle if you put your mind to it.

Literally just intelligent AI, he readied it a long time to bait you into reacting early. Its like getting frame trapped in fighting games.

Its supposed to be you not supposed to dodge

See, that was a rhetorical question to point out how you complete misread his post.

>fromfags will defend this
Soulsborne garbage being loved will forever be the greatest meme in AAA gaming industry.

>2 grapple hook locations
You could have gotten back on.

Well done, user. You accomplished what some people actually gave up on due to salt.

Boy do I feel like an idiot. I eavesdropped on people talking about a hulking armored man who's armor was super loose, so I assumed I would be able to somehow take it off with the spear I found

>dodge circling around the enemy

Oh look yet another tard trying to play this like a souls game

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Based, just proves that op is a mad nintenbabby or xcuck

Thanks bud. It took me about 50ish tries. Glad to be done.

>his hitboxes are basically the exception to the rule
sword saint says hello
divine dragon too

Based

Attached: sekiro maga.png (255x383, 117K)

still true anyways

Based

>Only Sword Saint and Demon of Hatred left to finish my first playthrough

Fuck both of them tbqh

I have been playing all the tenchu's OST while playing the game, and the moment I got to the last area and killed the monk this song comes up and syncs up perfectly
youtube.com/watch?v=SpPLGtG2Nk8
I recommend playing with the ost as well, Wrath of Heaven ost is good for the whole castle

Imagine defending Plesioth-tier hitboxes because a certain company made the game

Attached: 1542235749880.gif (160x160, 2.87M)

Isn't that because it's considered a shockwave attack?

t. Dave

Attached: _20190329_083945.jpg (720x941, 112K)

Your reaction time is never one tenth of a second. Try again.

So I agreed with Emma that we must try to keep Kuro alive. She said she have a lead where she investigates, is this the part where I should find her at old grave? She isnt moving there, do I need to kill the Owl first?

>Demon of Hatred
Just get in there, suck his penis, and iframe through all of his swings.

Focus on one at a time since they have such a different playstyle. The Malcontent finger whistle fucks the Demon hard (sometimes for 7-8 seconds) and can be spammed in the last phase.

cope

yes, beat owl

I know you can do it after Owl, at least.

I did it all. I beat Saint Isshin after three days of trying. This amazing feeling is quite rare nowadays, god, feel like I can do almost anything. It was all worth it, do not give up, this was the moment you realize video game magic. True ending of course. Can not wait for the China sequel, and I hope the last one will be in India.

If she mentions something about Lord Takeru, then yeah she should show up at the old grave.

>you'd never see this shit in a bayo/dmc thread.
Why the fuck you lie?

>Chained ogre is hard
OGREMANIA GONNA RUN WILD!

Attached: Chained ogre.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

you suck

Congrats bro. I just did it too a couple hours ago.

>those horrible frames
They really can't do better.

Nobody is defending the hitboxes, they're just saying From always had a few bad hitboxes here and there, but they aren't noticeable on a normal playthrough and all these threads have is the same cherrypicked webms every time. Here, have a BB shitbox. All of these games have way more examples of good hitboxes than bad ones, though. A common trend is that the shitboxes seem to happen after dodging, sometimes it seems the player hitbox bugs out and lingers a bit, like what happened with Isshin here

Attached: bbhitbox.webm (1280x720, 1.15M)

ds2 isnt this bad

K ghngffrbnjqnknb

>Nobody is defending the hitboxes

i cant figure out if theres input lag to deflecting itself or my tv and shitty ps4 is causing issues.

Kino fight

That't the same crap the dmc fans upload with dante sidestepping dodging swords

I can never bring myself to kill the little old lady in white in the Samurai dojo. She doesn't even hit you or call for help, she just trembles in fear and tries to run away and even trips + falls over. Then when you do deathblow her they make it a more brutal animation than for other enemies

I always thought hitboxes should be smaller than the visible anatomy, so grazes wouldn't be treated as direct hits.

coping capcomnigger mad Sekiro sold more than RE2 and DMC5 combined

Sekirofags will defend anything.

Chained Ogre fucked me over for the next mini boss for a bit as I was in a dodge and hit mindset before I started parrying his ass.

user, those are clips of someone playing skillfully, not clips of a perfectly standard hit box missing during an animation.

Probably your TV/PS4. I heard the game has some pretty bad technical issues on console.

Half of these are posts making fun of you for complaining (and rightfully so) and the other half is basically what is saying that you're going to run into a situation where a hitbox seems dumb as all hell. But the more you play and the better you play the game, the bad hitboxes do actually seem to go away

Like every heavy souls character
Fall damage

I am pretty sure those are all ironic answers.

All of those posts just rightfully call out bad players blaming their failure on the game, when they are 100% in the wrong

yeah i cant even figure out how to make it a tad better since it's a new tv and ps4 options dont really help a lot.
then theres controller issues where my guy stutter walks randomly

theyve never been able to properly implement grab enemies in any of the souls games and I wish theyd stop trying to

Dragonrot only applies on permanent death as well.

Very nice, let us both enjoy this day mate.

does anyone know what this sword is
it's in a fuckton of japanese samurai/ninja games so it has to be a reference to some sword in folklore or something

Attached: 1553681566529.jpg (2460x3508, 1.22M)

>actually dying to the ogre
bruh

Giving us its name might help.

That sekiro clip was someone playing skillfully, that's a step dodge into crounch to stay under a kick followed by a jump because the monk snuck in a firefly gadget that you can see to the left, which detonates after a certain bit of time, to get over the explosion and get enough posture damage for a deathblow. Its a mix of skill and style

if i knew what its name was i wouldn't need to ask what the word is, retard

Think its this

Attached: Seven Branched Sword.jpg (1600x1200, 963K)

Shichishitō or Seven-Branched Sword.

>DaS2 Ogres have teleporting grab hitboxes
>FUCKING B TEAM SOUL MEMORY LAVA ELEVATOR REEEEEEEE

>Sekiro Orges have teleporting grab hitboxes
>Based Miyazaki does it again! If you complain about it you just need to git gud!

Attached: 40kek.jpg (292x257, 30K)

If he knew the name of the sword he wouldn't have asked what sword it was.

You really should just get laid.

English >Nip voices

Attached: Gyoubu.jpg (780x405, 50K)

thank you

Can somebody give me tips for Owl(Father)?
Times when he lets me hit him are really rare, and I can't consistently defend against him. Found out the after jump overhead or heavy overhead you can hit him with Double Ichimonji, but no real strats besides that, just hitting him with single sword slashes.
P.S. When he parried my spear I shat my pants. Holy shit that's kino.

>tactic is copy op build or watch streamer to cheese

>uses this as an excuse to defend his shitty game
ds2 is an abomination
get over it

be more aggressive lad

for people who play a lot of action games the level of tracking in fromsoft games is more in the realm of RPGs and MMOs than action games

Dodge toward them isn't it? That's been working for me.

Attached: 1485045308863.png (340x368, 108K)

miriki counter for kicks

This is a good fight. I died quite a few times, left it a day then did her first time.

Get in his face and spam parry-attack-parry-attack. He won't have time to do much else and his posture will deplete pretty quickly.
I beat him like this on third try and didn't learn how to properly dodge his pet owl's fire charge in second phase.

There's a timing where you can actually step dodge the firecrackers and take no damage or posture damage from it. If you learn how to do this, your options open up a lot because if you are far away from him when the fire crackers explode he is likely to do a followup attack that is hard to react to. If you stay close to him and step dodge the firecrackers, he is actually open to damage.

The second thing you want to exploit is the giant leaping overhead. If he isn't low on hp or doesn't have a high posture bar, you should consider step dodging around him to get 2 hits in non deflected. These are your best times for damage, everything else you should deflect

As soon as I had that cutscene of Kuro lifting the burning beams off me he was my guy.

>Be in the Ashina attack level
>Look up the endings
>Turn out I missed several endings I didn't even know about because I didn't do obnoxious things absolutely no one can figure out except by pure luck

Well shit. I know it's basically a staple in From game but I miss DaS/DaS2 when at least you knew what the fuck you choices were.

>npc that is in plain sight asks for rice
>you are forced to talk to an important npc that gives rice
>???? wtf this game is cryptic xD

this is true

I got purificiation ending on my first playthrough. Literally just play the game,if you are a little bit interested in the lore then do some research and explore.

>finally fixed my input lag through new tv settings
oh my fucking god i've been trying to parry shit on lag this whole time
i'm still gonna suck ass though

>give npc rice
>just received a skill that let's me use enemies called "puppeteer" something
>lady: ooooh, a kite, if only it was to be operated bu a PUPPET.....
>?????? o_0 i have no idea what is going on wtf this game is hard xD

I honestly did not see or even thought you could eavesdrop those two characters. Why would I have thought that. I didn't even see the eavesdrop prompt. Guess I got fucked because I was looking at the buddha statut where I was heading toward or something.

It's a small thing, true, it just sours my enjoyment a bit do you think I can still do the ending where I feed the child the Serpent guts

>same rice npc just before an important and non-optional boss fight
>asks for rice again
>give rice from important npc
>lady: oooooh, USE THE PUPPETEER NINJUTSU ON A MONKEY TO DISTRACT THE SERPENT HAHA STUPID FUCKING FAGGOT THERE'S ONLY 1 MONKEY IN THAT CAVE RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE SNAKE SURROUNDED BY EMBLEMS HAHA HOW CANT YOU FIGURE THIS OUT
>?????? OO_ooo ooooh i dont get it game hard

just use mist raven when snake attacks lol

Anyone defending this shit is a disingenuous faggot or retarded

o_0 game hard

fuck off retard

Are you retarded ? That's
like 1/5 of the ending

>spam dodge straight into the feet of the ogre while it starts its grab animation
>wahhhhh game not fair

The only trash thing this game has is that it completely spoils the alternate endings by locking you out at the end for no reason and giving no alternatives.

I do that, but he runs away and his posture regens really fast if you didn't damage him enough.
I do Ichimonji after overhead leap, best damage to hp and posture bar yet. Firecrackers fuck me up near walls though,

He leveled adaptability

Attached: NNV5sJ1_d.jpg (640x492, 20K)

Attached: 1553178231427.png (580x490, 229K)

absolutely not, english voices are cheesy cringe and I had to turn them back to the real voices after about 30 mins.

wow could've grappled to save yourself but didn't, baddie

>item description that pops out right in front of you after picking items say it looks like persimmons
>important npc asks for persimmons
>???????? o_0