Shin Megami Tensei

ONE MORE GOD REJECTED, also SMT thread.

Attached: Nocturne.jpg (2214x4144, 1.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wnkcD0D68wQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPsU-ZMC6SA,
youtube.com/watch?v=6CaowFspzm8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

surely they'll show smt5 at e3

God I wish

Law is the only good path.
Neutral and Chaosfags are not welcome.

How is the mainline SMT series different from Persona? I am currently going through the Persona games and am thinking about playing the SMT ones too.

Quick reminder that SEGA FES happens in 10 ~ or so hours. There's a chance that we might receive SMT V news because Doi made an illustration, but who knows. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Attached: SMT-Sega-Fes-2019-Key-Art.jpg (600x800, 190K)

My hopes are up and you won't stop me

>Law is the only good path
Yea.. no. I wonder who could be behind this post?

Attached: Nope.png (750x800, 640K)

Smt4 is the worst game I've ever played in my life. Why did you guys shill it so hard?

Persona takes the duality of dungeon crawling and dating sim to make an interesting experience, while SMT is completely about demon raising&fusion and pure dungeon crawling.

SMT games usually have a post apocalyptic setting
Demons take up all of the party apart from the main character
None of the social sim aspects
Buffs/Debuffs work entirely different in combat
Flow of combat works differently, too.

Ok, but how is the combat? Is SMT basically the same as Persona but with a weaker story?

>Why did you guys shill it so hard?
Who is "you guys"? Anywho, what did you dislike about it? The combat is pretty busted because the Smirk system is too much of a snowball, and the world map is annoying to navigate, but otherwise I enjoyed the characters and story to a degree. IVA is an upgrade in terms of combat and traveling across the world map though, so if you want to play that go ahead.

>artwork is literally only meant to be a limited edition poster for the event store
bros...

Didn't atlus have something to show at some sega thing today?

4 isn't that bad though. It has problems but still enjoyable. Final irons out a lot of its flaws though.

Attached: 1506978444629.png (600x600, 434K)

>Is SMT basically the same as Persona but with a weaker story?
Other way around bud. SMT games usually have a strong story, or ending for that matter. There's not an overly big emphasis on characterization and plot though in most cases, except with the more recent titles like SJ, Devil Survivor, & IV.

The combat is visually boring as fuck and on top of that made tedious because a surprise attack consistently means game over so you need to be saving between every single fight and god forbid you run out of MP. Just about the only thing I liked is demon whisper. Everything else is just a fucking mess, ugly, unbalanced or pointless.

>because a surprise attack consistently means game over so you need to be saving between every single fight and god forbid you run out of MP
Amazing how they put surprise attacks fully in control of the player and you fags still manage to bitch about it
Hit the enemy with your sword and you won't get ambushed. There is a tutorial that tells you this right at the start

Quick faggots, post your:
>Alignment
>Favorite Demon
>Boss you hate most
>Favorite Megaten OST

>Chaos
>Chernobog
>Satan (DDS2)
>youtube.com/watch?v=wnkcD0D68wQ

Attached: Chernobog.jpg (330x600, 88K)

WHERE THE FUCK IS SMTV

>of MP
>Running out of MP in SMT IV
What?

Attached: 5hVa5tpL.png (253x253, 144K)

>The combat is visually boring as fuck
That's true, I'm glad we're finally entering the 3D model era again for SMT games.
>a surprise attack consistently means game over so you need to be saving between every single fight and god forbid you run out of MP
Nigga, literally turn the difficulty down. They even give you the ability to swing your sword so you don't get fucked over by surprise attacks. Did you mess up the timing?

>chaosfag

You called?

You disgust me

If you don't think spess marheen isn't the best protag of all the game you are literally a big gay

Damn, word

I don't, I shill nocturne.

>The combat is visually boring as fuck
Faggot. First person battles are faster and better than pointless 3d models

SMT is basically the last 'dungeon' of persona 5, but all the way, seriously when that bullshit rose from the ground I literally said aloud "shit it's going full SMT"

>Someone asks which SMT game they should start with
>You faggots direct them to Nocturne
>They complete the game or say they loved it
>HURR FUCKING NOCTURNEBABBY
Fuck you guys, shut the hell up man. Never listen to anyone who says start with Nocturne. Start with Devil Survivor or IVA.

It's not at all. SMT is actually good unlike P5.

You're an absolute brainlet. 3D models are far superior to the shitty first person battles we've been sitting through for the past couple years thanks to Nintendo. I wish SMT stayed with Playstation. We could have had quality titles and SMT & Persona would have been on the same platform.

They are called Nocturnebabbies because they think Nocturne is perfect and want everything to be the same level of quailty aka mediocre

I didn't say start with nocturne, I just expressed my fondness for it.
if they want to get into the classic first person dungeon crawler smt games then any of the earliar games will do, or indeed the first two persona games which tend to blow the asses offa modern persona babies.

>It's another episode of SMTfags with a superiority complex.
Persona 5 will continue to be one of the best JRPG's of all time and Persona in general has succeeded in using elements from SMT and reusing them in a more creative manner. Meanwhile SMT continues to rot.

FUCK SMT AND FUCK ANYTHING THAT ISN'T PERSONA

I think Chie is best girl, but running an Inn with Yukiko could be pretty comfy.

Attached: c12e523db8652aecba6d31a531ad01b8.jpg (886x1267, 445K)

>Persona in general has succeeded in using elements from SMT and reusing them in a more creative manner

Attached: 1540195986971.jpg (991x1069, 97K)

Nocturne is unironically the best 3D SMT game we've ever received.

Yeah I said the same thing. It was very SMT but as you said, just that "added ending" part where the plot just gets hijacked

>Start with Devil Survivor
Based. Though I usually consider that series a transitionary process for Personafags since it also includes social gimmicks

Attached: 1520532765842.jpg (1920x1080, 2.77M)

Nice try spinning this shit brainlet. 3D models look like fucking garbage and take forever compared to the smooth fast paced action of 2D which also less to higher numbers of demons.

That's not hard to do considering it's the only one.

It really has.
>Guns
Persona 5 perfected the usage and mechanics of them.
>Combat
The One More system is a glorified update of the Press Turn system.
>Fusion
Persona 5 brought back the mechanic that allows you to turn demons into high quality equipment.

Just face it, SMT is stale as all hell when it comes to it's mechanics. We're still using the same old Press Turn system, Smirk is mechanically boring and is the equivalent of a temporary buff, and fusion is the same as it always is.

>3D models look like fucking garbage
You were saying? It's a good thing you're in the minority here, because everyone has wanted 3D models back since the PS2 era.

Attached: Mother-Harlot.jpg (1366x768, 123K)

and for some fucking reason in a post persona 3 world they let allies act on their own in a fight and hand that fucking minotaur smirks on a silver platter.

>What is Raidou 1 & 2
>What is Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2
???

Go back to /vg/ faggots.

Stop caring about the opinions of autists

>IVA
*HUUURRRRK*

When will the feud between SMT and Persona end

When personafaggots stay in their own threads

Neutral
Shiva
Ouroborus
Very tough choice, but youtube.com/watch?v=ZPsU-ZMC6SA, if you didn't cum instantly the first time you heard this song, you're a colossal faggot

>I don't know what falseflagging is
Shut up cuck.

Nocturne is an amazing game

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting
My point is the same

It really isn't, quite winning.

Segafes.

It's not ironic shitposting, it's plain and simple trolling by faggots who belong on neither side and they won't stop if easy targets like you still exist

>persona 5 guns
>good in any way
Nigga they are literally just here to abuse baton pass.
>One more
>better than press turn
You can't be serious. Due to party members limited spells and how broken one more and baton pass is, it just turns fights into "did you roll a random encounter you can AOA? Yes -> You win No -> use a little more mana to heal. It's horrible because buffs aren't stackable, meaning you just put an auto-buff once and faceroll the weakness you can hit all day long. Ailments are used like twice in the entire game.
>fusion
Nigga fusion's versatility remain crippled by the fact your party members have fixed spells.

The more I played 5 the more I was disappointed that they did so much QoL right for the SoL and did so little with the dungeon crawling. One More GUTS the random encounters and the bosses are weaklings. They have no fucking actions so they can't touch you the second you have buffs, especially when their biggest attacks are telegraphed with a big "USE THE BLOCK COMMAND" pause, desperation/tyrant's glare kick in WAY too late to matter, and the only boss that isn't a one on one is the traitor even though it was the PERFECT setup for Senator Armstrong on a chair of the masses. Also mementos is garbage.

I highly doubt it. If Nintendo ended up showing gameplay at E3 I'd give them an automatic A+.

Too bad the last part of P5 sucked ass outside of the angel subbosses. If it truly went full SMT it'd maybe be fucking good.

>SMTV release 2025
Perfect time, then it will be fully playable on pc.

>Alignment
Fuck them, reasons are way better neutral
>Favorite demon
High Pixie from Raidou (totally not a normal pixie with a yukata)
>Boss you hate the most
Trumpeter
>Favorite Megaten OST
youtube.com/watch?v=6CaowFspzm8

Attached: Yukata_High_Pixie.png (423x342, 106K)

Are all SMT games with similar atmosphere? I played IV and loved it, and I also tried a bit of Nocturne and it feels similar.

Sort of. Mainline games generally have similar atmospheres in that they have the same sort of apocalyptic and surreal feeling, though SMTII is more cyberpunk and Strange Journey is more science fiction.

Attached: 42763926_p0.png (1800x1273, 2.02M)

most of them (except strange journey) are set in a post-apocalyptic universe

Nocturne distinguishes itself from IV a lot more once you get further in to the game

>Law
>Cu Chulainn
>Beldr
>Don't really have one

SMT and Persona are good in their own ways bcause they focus on what they do best; SMT with the dungeon crawling, alignment choices and demon interactions, and Persona with the characters, the various ways the player can interact with the world and the more personal themes and topics it explores.
Prove me wrong.

to me gameplay matters above everything else pretty much, so SMT will always be the deeper and more rewarding game series. I don't really care about persona characters and plots, although I think they are kind of shitty, but so is 4A and I love that game, but the lack of depth is what I dislike, especially the fusion system. DDS didn't have demons but it still had the mantra system which let you customize your party members a lot, in persona your party member skills and stats are completely set in stone and I hate that

Nah, I honestly agree with you. My issue with Persona in recent titles like P5 is the fact that the characterization feels really dull and everything feels too lighthearted for me. I think we need a slightly more mature cast and darker themes again, akin to the first couple titles. We really need to have a smaller cast set again though, because the character development was practically void everytime someone new joined the party in P5.

So why can't they just merge the two systems into an actual great game?

But Devil Survivor already exists

I could go on a tangent about why I dislike the current state of Persona, but I'll restrain myself to small points.
>Dungeons
Awful. Altus is sad when it comes to dungeon making for these games, and that has yet to change. Persona 5 was a step up in terms of dungeons having actual puzzles and being more entertaining, but regardless they were too simple and overly filled with unnecessary dialogue.
>Characterization
Sucked in P5. The only time a character grows outside of their social link is during their specific dungeon segment, otherwise.. Nope.
>Tone
The recent titles have been a bit too lighthearted for my tastes. I don't need the story to be overly hopeless like SMT, but I still need things to be tense. Think P2 or P3.