Games that YOU KNOW you are blinded by nostalgia but don´t care

For me its Crash Bandicoot, my God... Its so good I like it a ton more than Crash 2 and 3 .
It was the only Crash game I had on the ps1 and probably my most played ps1 game overall,playing the other games (Crash 2 and 3) isnt just the same to me I can KINDA see that they are better in most aspects but I just dont like them as much , for me they are a tier below Crash Bandicoot 1

Attached: ps1_crash_bandicoot-120314.jpg (300x300, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-I6x7yyA3Mw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Crash 1 had a really nice cohesive world that I liked. Like seeing Cortex's Castle on the horizon in Native Frotress. 2 and 3 were much more piecemeal, but I guess that's what happens when everything is connected by a warp room.

Attached: 1530624426121.png (1920x979, 1.22M)

On top of what said, the game had a very dark atmosphere that the sequels kinda dropped.
youtube.com/watch?v=-I6x7yyA3Mw

Almost all classic survival horror games, especially SH, are objectively crap games that have not stood the test of time and if not for nostalgia I wouldn't enjoy them.

Yeah I like that feel more,it feels more like a long adventure rather than warping everywhere,which disconnects you a little bit from the adventure feel

None, all the shitty games i liked are now just nostalgic, but they're not enjoyable.

Crash 1 was the best. The others were too fucking easy. I remember playing it for like 5 hours in a row at night just to progress and I had memorized every fucking stage. Also for some reason after I stopped playing my vision would get really blurry for like 20 minutes or so. I really don't know what's up with that as it was the only game that did this to me. On crash 2/3 you can save whenever you want, which took away all the difficulty.

I hate how nostalgia became a strawman. There are things older games did that newer games did worse, it's not an out of this world idea. Nobody claims only modern movies are worth watching, or music, or whatever, yet you try to bring up something nice some older games did and it's suddenly all "Nostalgia! Nostalgia! Old Good New Bad!"

Attached: U1wiJWZ.jpg (1496x728, 175K)

Attached: thought_process_of_the_low_iq.png (361x281, 8K)

Yeah I always get shit for thinking Reignited looks like bland garbage. There is actually a difference between art direction and the fidelity of textures that Toys for Bob completely missed. imo the originals still look better to me.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

Attached: 1597367_688910754463438_2087712438_n.jpg (640x640, 94K)

It's just terrible

Attached: Spyro_Reignited_Trilogy_20181206161629.png (640x360, 301K)

>the game had a very dark atmosphere that the sequels kinda dropped.
Generator Room is the only level of that intensity though. It's an anomaly. Creepy ruins like Jaws of Darkness don't come anywhere near. It's misleading to say the game has a very dark atmosphere when you've only got the one strong card.

i know every sequel that came after improved on every aspect
but i keep coming back for some reason
no game has managed to impress as me like this

Attached: Jaquette-gta3-europe-hd.jpg (880x1247, 915K)

Lights out and the rest of the non-jungle levels don't have a very welcoming atmosphere either.

I got the same feeling from all the factory levels, even if some of them are more upbeat like heavy machinery, you still get an ominous vibe from them

Fixed, braindead retard.

Attached: mind of a sub-50 IQ.png (361x281, 7K)

Nostalgia is only a "strawman" when people engage in the retarded SOUL SOULLESS meme.

I recently beat liberty city stories again, that one is also pretty good

>more than twenty polygons on screen
>more than six colors on screen
>you can't see the gaps between the body parts of the characters
Jesus H Christ, absolutely destroyed everything that made Spyro the amazing unique series it was.

same happens to me with vc. although i think it's not purely nostalgia per se but just the whole 80s vibe and the GOAT soundtrack

I definitely miss that artstyle.

it's too addicting

Attached: 91oQ5qLqtQL._SY445_[1].jpg (315x445, 36K)