Controller Thread

Why the fuck aren't there any decent controllers anymore? Xbone gamepads break in months and DS4 have the retarded stick placement & necessitate claw gripping for people with normal sized hands. Switch pro controllers have digital triggers. Chinese knock-off third parties have a variety of issues.

I had my x360 wired pad for over 10 years and I cannot find a replacement for it, 360 gamepads cost $100 now. I refuse to pay $60 for a controller that's going to break in 6 mo. Why do gamers allow this shit

Attached: chrome_2019-03-29_10-48-56.png (1234x480, 280K)

Just get switch pro controller. Analog triggers are a meme anyway.

I detest the clicking of the L/R buttons on it.
The Pro Controller is superior. Analog stick is worse since the early models are way too sensitive but you should get a fixed version anyway if you purchase it now.

Analog triggers aren't a meme, it's necessary for using the pad as a stand-in for a flight stick or for driving vehicles. Would you accept a digital gas pedal in your car, or feel comfortable flying as a passenger on a plane with digital throttle?

That being said it's probably the best option, considering every other option either sucks or will break. It's just insane that you have to lose a feature in order to get a decent controller.

I actually like the clicky L/R buttons. But they could have been meatier, that's for sure. When games require you to use them frequently it gets uncomfortable. I just haven't found a better design yet. If the pro controller had analog triggers I wouldn't even have to make this thread

Broke my switch pro controller in 3 months from tea bagging kids in smash. controller inputs down randomly and constantly fucks me up.

should i take it apart and try to clean/fix it? or just get a new one from target, and return this broken one in the new box?

a lot of cars have digital gas pedals and electric powered steering

Not digital meaning controlled digitally, digital meaning 2 states, 0 and 1. Analog refers to a range in states between 0 and 1. Show me a car where pressing the gas pedal is just a button and pressing it down at all gives you full throttle. You can't because that would be retarded.

I buy second hand 360 bundles with 3-4 controllers, keep 1-2 controllers, resell the bundles for what I paid or more.

I've been doing that for a few months now and literally have a lifetimes supply of 360 pads for a few hours work and not a cent spent.

As the others said, the Switch Pro Controller is currently the best one on the market. You'll have to deal with the missing analog triggers though.

still using my 10 year old dual shock 3 with no end in sight had to repair it once but it's fine now

Gamesir G3 bro. Trust me.

How do people break xbone pads in a matter of months? Are you 10 and throw your controller on the floor when you lose?

The fuck are you doing to those Xbone controllers? Mine have lasted over four years.

Just buy shitty knockoffs from Ebay for $10; they get the job done, and you can just buy a new one every 12 months

that's actually smart. I bet I could get a used 360 with controllers included for less than the cost of 1 new 360 gamepad. would you consider selling any of your pads to an user

>Why the fuck aren't there any decent controllers anymore?

Attached: nacon_revolution_pro_controller_wired_official_sony_ps4.jpg (800x600, 37K)

I haven't actually used one myself but a friend of mine went through 3 in a year due to stick drift on every single fucking one. a few months in and the stick would start drifting with no fix, and MS would not replace. it's absurd for the price.

I used my XB1 controller heavily for 2 years and it never broke, whereas 360 controllers would break in 6 months. Build quality-wise, I thought that the XB1 controller was much better than the 360.

>over $100
fuck off

Have had mine for like 2 years and haven't had that yet. Do you have any idea how well your friend treats their shit? A lot of complaining about breaking controllers on here a lot of the time boils down to people treating their shit horribly. They just lie and blame the controller.

>200 aud

Attached: 30738601_10160194197070263_5609530083492074393_n.jpg (640x340, 40K)

>I bet I could get a used 360 with controllers included for less than the cost of 1 new 360 gamepad.
I typically pick up a 360 with games and controllers for little more than the cost of a new 360 controller. Right now is a primo time to be snapping up 360/ps3 stuff.
>would you consider selling any of your pads to an user
I've taught you to fish, now go fish, but stay the fuck out of my lake.

>Gamesir G3 bro
symmetrical stick top kek

Attached: hyperkingreen.jpg (980x735, 711K)

>Switch pro controllers have digital triggers
analog triggers are literally only for racing games
who the fuck plays racing games, it's become such a niche genre that anyone who plays them just gets a wheel

Xbone pad has been my go-to controller for years, mostly because the keyboard attachment that you can get for it works natively on pc and I detest sony layout.

pic related
my current controller still works great after 2 years

Attached: spidermanjakks-h450.png (235x300, 35K)

It was worth a shot, thanks for the advice user.
I might give a xbone controller a try then. He generally treats his shit well when I saw him use it but there's no telling what he does behind closed doors. I have seen him get really mad at games before. That being said the stick drift issue is a widely-complained about thing and I've abused the fuck out of my 360 controller over the years, mainly when I was younger. It should be able to stand up to moderate levels of abuse (by which I don't mean spiking it, but being rough on the sticks occasionally or tossing it onto a desk lightly or something) The ONLY problem with it now is cable fraying, but I know eventually it will die so I'm trying to prepare.

>would you accept a digital gas pedal for your car?
Nintendies would because the only racing game they play is mario kart

Make sure its an xbone pad made within the past 2 or so years. The earliest revision had a design flaw in the bumpers that made them fail very easily. The revision totally fixed it though.

I don't know why this made me laugh so hard.

I like to keep a controller plugged in when I play ARMA or any other game of that type so I can just pick it up to control vehicles with it. It isn't just driving, but flying any sort of aerial vehicle. I know it's an edge case but I don't see why I should have to accept a regression in features, or why you so readily defend a regression.

My pro controller drops inputs on the left stick after not even 2 years of use. I've had my Bone controller going on 5 years now and it works perfectly.

So I guess the new ones are okay? Or is it still just luck of the draw. The ones I have handled feel chinsier than 360 controllers IMO. I guess still a bit less chinsy than the ching-chong ripoffs I've held but not by much.

The new ones are really good imo. Ive had one of the revision models for a year and a half averaging probably 2 hours a day of use, and its still totally fine. The first model one I had failed within a year.
With an actual xbone controller you also have the added bonus of native support with pretty much every modern game. You wont need any software to ensure compatibility.

I had an original X1 controller that lasted me years until the right bummer became less sensitive like mentioned.

If you take care of them they last. The new one feels even sturdier. If your only concern is longevity and otherwise like the layout, it's the best thing in the market.

Plus, the batteries aren't built in so you can hot swap rechargeables. I'll never have a controller with a built in battery again.

Attached: panasonic_k_kj17mca4ba_eneloop_4_place_charger_4_1047698.jpg (1000x1000, 141K)

I hated the 360 analog sticks and triggers. I think the xbone ones are a huge improvement but that's just me. I always wore down the fuck out of my old 360 pad controllers analog sticks.

I've only ever used a first-gen Xbone controller(before they had a headphone jack). People complain about the bumpers being too hard to press, but I guess I've just gotten used to it.
The problem with more recent Bone controllers is that the bumpers are one piece connected with a flimsy bit of plastic that is prone to snapping somewhere in the middle. The first gen controllers are two pieces.

>The problem with more recent Bone controllers is that the bumpers are one piece connected with a flimsy bit of plastic that is prone to snapping somewhere in the middle
This is incorrect. The revision was to stop the high failure rate that the original model had. The new model has a lower failure rate, but of course it cant be perfect.

On the topic of Xbox controllers. I want to get back into playing Guitar Hero clones, but don't want to buy a whole new controller. Can I use the RB4 guitars with a normal Xbox One wireless dongle?

Attached: file.jpg (500x325, 18K)

The shoulder buttons and dpad on the X1 are so good. Yes, the DS4 has a better dpad but X1 is my second favorite and considering how much more I like everything else about it, I think the trade-off of a slightly smaller, clicky dpad is fine.

I must have gotten lucky. I've been using this controller since MCC released and the only issue I've had is the rubber on the sticks has worn out after a couple thousand hours of use.

I don't have a problem with Xbone controllers breaking. To me it's a 360 controller with a better D-pad. Also, I actually like the DS4 stick placement. I'd say the Switch Pro Controller, Xbox One Controller and DualShock 4 are the 3 best controllers I'ver ever played with.

Your best option for GH controllers on PC is to get a Wii classic controller USB converter and buying used Wii guitars. Its a straight wired connection so no fuckery and in my experience Wii guitars can be bought very cheap from EB games/Gamestops because they probably have a shitload of them.

Why does the ds4 feel so shitty and low quality? Like it creaks from just holding it thight and the dpad is mushy af.

I'd rather not have to get a whole new controller. I like the size, shape, and feel of the RB4 guitar already.

Why the fuck are gamepads so expensive in the first place?

>xbone pads breaking in 6 months

you fucking wot m8? anyway, I found the solution years ago, my local EB games lets me warranty the controller for two years, shortly before the two years are up I go exchange it zero fucks given, even if it's fine, cause it resets the warranty period.

The DS4 stick placement is great, and I am glad they will never change it.

>t. handlet

Stop smashing your controller then you retard.

Get a peripheral and play it properly. People like you are responsible for the regression of console shooters.

Honestly I agree. I can use Xbox/Nintendo sticks just fine, but I prefer PlayStation sticks. I have small hands though.

>mfw my gamepad is slowly dying after its faithfull service that started with Dark Souls
I don't wanna say goodbye lads

Attached: 1391280852156.png (266x298, 68K)

Quality costs

>stop smashing your controller
Read the post retard, I am still using a 10+ yr old wired 360 gamepad & the only reason I know it will die soon is cable fraying.

You clearly have an issue if you're breaking controllers within 6 months, I've had two Xbone controllers for 4 years and they're both perfectly fine.

It's not like I play in a clan or something. I like fucking around in the mission editor and making coop maps to play with friends (ARMA). I'm not spending $100+ on a dedicated flight stick or steering wheel/pedal combo, that's retarded. I'm not advocating they simplify the controls so that I can fit all of the functions on the controller, I use the keyboard at the same time to control flaps, other functions, landing gear, etc.

I've never owned an xbone controller you retard, I just look at reviews. The impetus to make this thread was looking at a post I saw doing research where someone was like "I don't have a problem with my xbone controller, I go through about one a year" like that was perfectly acceptable.

Which one has better dpad, logitech controller or 360 controller?

Attached: 1553769239539m.jpg (725x1024, 121K)

Any controller that isn't the 360 has a better dpad.

Stop believing everything you read on the internet then, most "gamers" are manchildren who'd smash their controller onto something the moment they die.

the 360 truly was the best, it saw me through over 300 games on pc but finally died when the cord nearest the controller base crimped dead.

I replaced it with xbone but it took some getting used to. It's played maybe a few dozen games? I think it might have a few minor problems, most notably the control sticks are rough and hurt my fingertips from using them at first. It might also drop my input for a few frames? I can't tell someimtes I'll just stop registering a button press I'm holding - I think -

I wish I had the old one back but I wanted to try something new and the previous one was expensive as FUCK

Attached: 14cc3bb6d450a7be3f390bd06c85e76e.jpg (900x1000, 97K)

>tfw my friend used to smash his controller every single fucking time he'd get angry
It genuinely scared me.

Thank you user~

Attached: 1553766265505.png (855x480, 453K)

I abuse the hell out of both my 360 and xbone controllers and they are fine, you must have gotten a bad one

I didn't say anything about the size, just the stick placement. It could definitely stand to be bigger, but I have no major qualms with it.

where can i find a good quality blade? they're all out of stock!!

Attached: 1542813746225.jpg (850x1100, 164K)

Fuck You asshole

The only issue ive had with xbone controllers was the Gears of War themed one which had a faulty A button pretty much out of the box.

My current one has been going strong for over a year despite the fact that I smashed it on my desk once while drinking. The panels are slightly separated on the left side bit it still works perfectly.

I've had the xbone pad for two years or so and it's been pgud, use it every day testing out a game I'm making and whatever I'm playing that needs pad.

>Regression
True insofar that it has less features

>Why defend it
Analog triggers feel like crap to me compared to the nice, haptic feel of the switch pro ones. Also no deadzone on it, of you press it it's pressed.

I think Nintendo could fix it for free, just send them an e-mail