Prove to me it's not worse than Kinect, i'll wait

Prove to me it's not worse than Kinect, i'll wait.

Attached: 30164-original.jpg (1180x664, 105K)

>I'm enough of a cuck to not only buy a connect but also whatever the fuck that is
Sorry pal, maybe you and your wifes boyfriend enjoy that sort of thing but i certainly dont.

Whatever your opinions on VR may be, Kinect was a piece of shit.

PSVR is a small monitor that you strap to your face

Kinect is a camera and microphone uploading all your info to MS, who hands it straight over to the NSA.

But inorder to use the PSVR you have to have a camera (with a microphone) looking at you the whole time.

Sony is a Jap company that is outside the jurisdiction of the U.S. government
If you live in Japan it's as bad as kinect

Both are gimmicks that will be forgotten about in a a few years

PSVR requires a camera, though. You don't think Sony, with how greedy they are, doesn't want to sell your information?

You need the Moves and the Camera for this thing to fully function, you could buy 2 ps4s with the money you need to use this thing in a way its intended.

Pros: One of the most comfortable vr headsets. Good colors. Cheap. Biggest, best library and most users.
Cons: Controllers are shit and expensive. No roomscale. Games are limited hard by the og ps4's specs.
Kinect
Pros: Lots of users, voice commands and hand gestures were cool.
Cons: No good games and the tech had nowhere to go really.
PSVR has somewhere to go. A version 2 for the PS5 could really establish VR as the future. Good controllers, better games, better specs, and pushing it hard would make it worth it big.
Kinect was doomed from the start. The tech still isnt there today, because it won't be for a long time. And VR has made it so even once body tracking is there, itll be way better on your face than on a screen.

Attached: 1457167187399.gif (200x200, 800K)

Attached: ASTRO BOT Rescue Mission_20181002143412.png (960x720, 917K)

Attached: Statik_20170428202740.png (960x720, 950K)

Attached: Déraciné™_20181106004234.png (960x720, 828K)

Hijacking this thread to ask:
Any updates on LittlStar alternatives? I have a bunch of videos downloaded, formatted for PSVR.

Attached: 1487719386343.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

The game itself isn't that good, but Here They Lie's sense of presence is incredible. Those surreal moments were also trippy to experience.

Attached: Here They Lie_20170515000259.png (960x720, 768K)

Just hook PSVR to PC and use DeoVR.

>Prove to me it's not worse than Kinect, i'll wait.
You have button input + analog ontop of 1-2 3d hand inputs + head 3d input. So you basically just gain more input in the game and the 3d VR world you are in tricks your brain into thinking that you are actually in that world, so it feels a lot more immersive.

Kinect takes away all input except basically a 2d image of your body like eyetoy.

The titties are nice. That's it.

Attached: One Piece_ Grand Cruise_20181010145134.png (960x720, 1018K)

This game was fucking fantastic.

Will that run the PSVR files fine or would it want me to have another format?

How is this? The reviews weren't great, but i don't really trust them.

Kinect is SO great, they dropped it.
Even had to backpeddle on so many comments, especially ones made by your God Major Nelson.

EAT SHIT, XBOX FAGGOTS!

It's a PC VR player. It runs literally everything. You can download Oculus video and it'll run fine, you can download PSVR video and it'll also work.

Attached: Kasumii_VR.webm (640x360, 1.54M)

Consumer motion capture is still immature, and Kinect games have to be made from scratch specifically for Kinect too.
VR is not quite mature but it is in its awkward teens already, and even if it was stuck with ports of traditional games it'd still be great for a lot of games, namely all of the cockpit games like flight sims.

It has more than 2 games

It is; my favorite exclusive on PS4. I hope that dev team continues to make games just as polished.

It's good. Not great, mostly because I wanted more complicated puzzles, and there are a lot of loading screens (especially at the end). Unraveling the story and character backgrounds was engaging, though. Great atmosphere. It gets very creepy. It made me want FromSoft to hold onto their roots and make lower budget adventure games.

Attached: Déraciné™_20181106084807.png (960x720, 700K)

>Bought a PSVR
>Come with The Inpatient
>Scared shitless due to the immersive
Fuck, i underestimated VR.
I thought it's gonna be stupid due to the low resolutions, but boy was i wrong.
The jump scare definitely got me good.
And i can never finish it anymore.

It's the worse VR out there, also kinect are now used for industrial stuff like in airports and shit because they're open source