Do you think Sekiro is hard enough to gate keep casuals...

Do you think Sekiro is hard enough to gate keep casuals? So many people on twitter bitching about how hard the game is and getting stuck on fucking blazing bull of all bosses. It brings a hearty smile to my face.

All in all I say he who has not completed Sekiro is truly a casual and not a TRUE GAMER.

Attached: easiestbossinthegame.png (983x554, 1.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitbox
twitch.tv/moshf/clip/ThirstyCredulousPlumKreygasm
youtube.com/watch?v=ES0x2g8IC_0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Demon of Hatred was a pain in the butt.

Laurence is still worse, though.

Yes

duh

Attached: Screenshot (103).png (600x641, 351K)

Isn't refusing to have an easy mode more respectful of its players than saying that they need things to be dumbed down

This

I hate games with multiple difficulties. I want difficulty precisely designed around game mechanics. You end up with a more solid product.

What's really funny about this is that, the sites where I thought they would bitch about Sekiro, they are the ones saying that the game respects its players.

For sure.

It's one of the most difficult games I've ever played, and I have enjoyed every minute of it.
Defeating a boss you've been stuck on is so fucking satisfying.

The fact that there is no way to make the boss easier means you must invest the time and effort to learn the fights and the mechanics of the game and literally 'git gud'.

The game has a steep learning curve, especially if you're used to abusing iframes from the souls games.
I found myself constantly trying to dodge everything and whittle the enemies' vitality down rather than deflecting and counter attacking to break their posture for those deathblows.

Once I decided to take time to learn enemy attack patterns and combos so that I could stand toe to toe with them, the game became so much more fun.

They're crying because they can't get help anymore from other players.

why do people like this even play video games? I don't get it
anyway, once I understood mechanics I just couldn't stop playing. Deflecting, countering shit, everything makes sense now and I'm having a fucking blast

They don't give a fuck about getting better or overcoming obstacles.

They don't want a game, they want an interactive story.

They want to be able to breeze through so they can review the game without making it obvious that they were too brain dead to complete the game without having their hand held.

Yeah, for the post part. The lack of summoning cheese filtered a good portion of soulbab posers.
But objectively, it's not as hard as I first it was. After understanding the proper flow of battle it averages out with DS3 and BB, slightly above them.

I never played a game like this. I saw myself get extremely intimate with the enemy each battle. Watching for where they step and shit. Incredible experience.

It strongly reminded me of MGR in some aspects. Like in MGR before the enemies will do some of their stronger attacks, their eyes will flash red. But the timing on every individual attack differs, so you can just hit parry whenever you see the flash, you have to watch their animation. And there are also unblockable orange attacks you have to dodge. Try it out, if you haven't yet. It's easier to "beat" than Souls or Sekiro, but there's also ranking system for you to improve upon yourself. Like getting S ranks and doing no damage runs.

Funny you should mention MGR. I was playing it days before I bought Sekiro. I wasn't even excited for it until the last moment.

I beat the samurai dude in MGR and then hopped. Is it worth finishing?

>I saw myself get extremely intimate with the enemy
That's gay, user

Does it make you feel special that some casual shitters can't beat it?

Yes.

Attached: dio.png (794x588, 627K)

>OP posts obvious bait
>Fromdrones come out of the woodwork and make posts that read like press releases
Every single From game is like this. Almost as if everyone is too afraid to dislike them.

A lot of the time casual players are kinda scared to push themselves to their fullest potential. I prefer a game that doesn't give you the safety-wheels so that they actually have to put effort into their game.

I've heard quite a few people that I wouldn't consider hardcore gamers that absolutely love Bloodborne and Cuphead. I don't think they would appreciate those games if they were easy.

Not bait. It's genuinely fun to watch others suffer.

git gud.

And just like clockwork, out come the contrarians.

Maybe people genuinely enjoy the game.
I know I did, and I haven't played every From game.
Only DS 1 and 2.

These are the Souls and DMC fanbases in a nutshell

crawl back to the basket onionboy

I know its impossible for you to comprehend that someone actually likes the games because youre a limpwristed dickless brainlet who got casualfiltered out of your one kiddo tier hobby

maybe you should actually play some competitive games for once to beat that retarded faggot attitude out of you before you get access to singleplayer kino

Sorry your fanbase is lame kek

Laurence is only worse because the ps4 can't handle the fight and breaks.

it's a fine game but I dislike the shills who act like it's the holy grail

Players need to respect the creators intent and experience the way they want it to be experience

>git gud
>cope
>cringe
>based
>yikes
>salty salt salt
>finna
>my dude
>my guy
>af
>f am
>OH NONONONOHAHAHA LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD
Why is no one is able to articulate an opinion without some braindead ironic nigger speak?

Attached: images (5).png (350x420, 11K)

based

Yeah, it's a fun game, if short. The DLCs are cool too.

>wojak

it's new and hyped as hell so people are shitting out hyperbole and lies from both sides. the fanboys who can't take criticism and the people that shit on everything will both calm down later.

oh shit user

git gud

the bull is retarded because you can literally just jump over him and whack him when he charges you, it's literally the easiest boss in the game, like easier than cheesing the butterfly cunt or mikiri the spear guys

a game with an easy mode is designed to have an easy mode, which effects the other modes in negative ways, therefore it should have one.

You hopped right before the best bossfight in the game. Finish it.

Nowadays "respecting" somebody means turning a blind eye to their faults, or better yet encourage them.
Bad at video games? Here's easy mode. Fat? Body acceptance. Terrorist? Religious and cultural traditions.

I'm finding it easier than every souls game I played.

>kino
>persistently janky and glitchy messes of games with low production values, shity hitboxes and sloppy animations and clipping every time that need 5 million patches to make it playable
The Souls series is no different in quality to the garbage that From used to churn out on a regular basis that no one gave a shit about; it just came out at the right time. Still holding the Tenchu series hostage for all these years.
I mean for fuck sake Sekiro has every character interaction positioned at a distance to disguise the shitty facial animations. That's hardly kino.

Wow for such a shitty game it sure does fly off shelves. Almost sounds like someone is a little butthurt ?

sounds like PS2 kino

name all the "jank and glitches" in sekiro

name all the "shitty hitboxes" (inb4 the retard will expose himself by literally showing him trying to iframe through some enemies limb)

show all the "sloppy animations"

yes, i enjoy watching scrubs get wrecked and beg for easy mode or trainers

Sekiro gives you tons of ways to cheese the game. Its nowhere near as hard as people are saying. Even the final boss that people are saying is super hard can be r1 spammed to death for his first phase, prosthetic spammed to death for his second, and lightning gimmick spammed to death for his last phase

I noticed you left out his 3rd phase.
Getting past phase 3 is the hard part.

This is exactly what happened when Dark Souls came out for the PC didn't it?
Wait until Sekiro repeats the process anew when people get used to its mechanics and every game like it becomes the Sekiro of X.

No, that was just mad snoyfags falseflagging en masse.
This time the butthurt is genuine and encompassing all platforms.

I'm talking about how everybody is reacting to the game, not Yea Forums.

I left out the genichiro phase, not any of the isshin phases. The genichiro phase can be R1 spammed even harder since he only has 2 different counters

>Gee we're such so much better than casuals guis!
Okay but the game is pretty much on par with mgr with difficulty. This ain't no Ninja Gaiden.

>Even the final boss that people are saying is super hard can be r1 spammed to death for his first phase
>cheese
user... it's the proper way to play the game. You're supposed to pressure your opponents hard to break their posture.

Yeah but they couldve implemented that much better than just make it "spam R1 until they deflect and then deflect them back and rinse and repeat"

With cheese i meant more the fact that firecracker exists so anyone complaining that the game is "too hard" can just use that to cheese through the game

THEN GO PLAY CANDYCRUSH YOU NIGGER REEEEEEE

EVEN if you generalize Sekiro's combat as "R1, R2, deflect, mikiri, dodge, jump spam" it's still 3 times more complex than the vast majority of other action games.
You have good reflexes and that makes the game easier than for most other players? Good for you. I still don't get the complaints about the combat system implementation.
How about we approach it from the different side? How would you suggest it could be improved?

Im not saying that its not complex enough. Im just saying the "aggresive" strategy is way too effective considering how easy it is. Most bosses will follow up their deflects with normal attacks, meaning all you have to ever worry about is 2 buttons for most of the time. I wouldve liked it if there were alot more sweep/grab/thrust followups to a deflect so you actually have to be on your toes about what to press all the time. Phase 1 Isshin for example has a thrust-counter after he deflects you but before he does it he does a regular attack which gives you so much time to prepare mentally for his thrust that it becomes way too easy to counter. My hope is that IF they do DLC for sekiro they go the BB route and bumb up the difficulty moveset wise. They have so many new cool mechanics for combat but i feel like they are used too sparsely. For example imagine how intense it could be if a boss had a combo made purely of thurst, sweep, thrust, thrust, sweep, sweep. Or a boss that does 5 extremely fast thrusts in a row and you have to do 5 timed mikiris to successfully counter it.

Please tell me of these vast majority of action games that this is so much deeper than.

Eh, I disagree. I think there's enough unblockable or uninterruptible follow-ups to keep an average player on their toes. It's not like every boss or every enemy only has one counter counter. Like even the blue samurai guys in Ashina castle follow-up their deflects with wither a quick perilous tab or a hilt bash into a sword attack.

It would probably be easier to name any action games that have a more complex, but still enjoyable, combat system.

There are very few, and personally I can't think of one off the top of my head.

DMC
Bayonetta
GoW
Dantes Inferno
Ninja Gaiden
Tenshu

Dave Thier is also an Epic Store shill. Big surprise.

How can one man be so unbased yikes and cringepilled?

The problem is that its not hard to add complexity to your game but its pretty hard to add complexity without losing enjoyment. At some point added complexity just becomes noise that hurts the games focus. I think sekiro hits a nice sweetspot of having simplistic Souls combat while also adding some complexity with the new defensive options.

Dead game everyone has moved on. To something else

>Sekiro is more complex than Bayo, DMC, and NG
That's flatout objectively wrong, sekiro has about as much depth as MGR and that's a middling action game at best.

Exactly, which is why I said to name a game with a more complex, but still enjoyable system.
As you said, it is in a pretty good sweet spot between difficulty/complexity and fun.

There might be one or two things that could be improved, but to add too much more would only make the combat cumbersome.

Last boss really wasn't that hard. I struggled more with both owl fights.

First phase is a joke, 2nd phase is meh not hard 3rd phase is annoying with spear and last phase is abusing lightning attacks to win

MGR has more depth than Bayo, because it has unblockable attacks. Bayo only has a single response to everything the game might throw your way - dodge button.

>9 simultanious threads a day
>"dead game"
ah, right

Dodge offset has more depth and applications than the parry mechanic in Sekiro, which is the end all be all in that game's combat. If you're going to try to simplify a game at least try and play it on NSIC. You have no idea what you're talking about, there are way more options that you could do aside from dodging.

Putting streetfighter combos in your game does not make it anything special or complex user.

It is difficult but it feels so nice to get gud, I'm on NG+2 and it's so satisfying to just wreck all the bosses that gave you trouble during your first run, it's a shame many will not experience this because they actually refuse to improve as a player

Last boss wasn't hard in the normal sense, it was more like "this guy is totally doable on NG but will be hard as shit on NG++ and beyond, considering how much im getting hit"

Im already hyped to reach him again on NG+ and learn more of his moveset. Ill try doing his spear phase without lighting cheese this time

Every game cates casuals mate.

You're probably an idiot for not understanding why combos are in revered action titles but that's besides the point. Even DMC without its combos has far more options and strategies to deal with opponents than Sekiro could ever dream of. You really have no idea what you're talking about.

I have a pretty good idea what I'm talking about.
Dodge offset is a neat little thing to have to let you get to your wicked weaves late in the combo, but it adds very little in terms of the kind of complexity I'm talking about.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-29 Bayonetta Achievement Progress.png (317x200, 42K)

Attached: 1553609304662.webm (852x480, 2.86M)

I'm thinking about starting a challenge run in NG this weekend, any fun rule ideas? Currently in mind:
>no health or attack upgrades
>rush bell demon, keep him on rest of the game
>no stealth blows against minibosses
>items allowed only through quick menu (no pausing during combat)
>maybe limiting healing item use
>obviously no skill point farming

They should add and easy mode to films and book then

Look at the Steam and PSN stats for achievements, it's pretty funny how hard people are getting assblasted by this game.

Attached: Capture.png (1413x1863, 460K)

>more strategies to deal with opponents
90% of DMC is literally just throwaway enemies standing around and waiting for you to do your CUHRAZY COOL combo for COOLNESS SCORE. Its fucking dumb.

HOW MANY OF THESE FUCKIMG THREADS ARE NECESSARY?

Sekiro isn't at all complex, it's engaging

Attached: 20190329011724_1.jpg (1920x1080, 427K)

what in the fuck

Except you can offset into items, accessories, taunts, parries, stingers, hell you can offset into the parry while dodging at the same time. This isn't taking into account magic management or the fact that you soulsdrones for some reason don't understand why combos are in action games. That in itself tells me how much you understand about the genre, basically you're an idiot.

You're a very stupid person if you think anyone is a shill because a game that is not your favorite is someone elses favorite.
To me, Sekiro is the best game of all time so far. You shouldn't get so butthurt about that.

I could never pull this off

no stealth period. Run into an area and challenge all of them at once

absolutely based

Attached: 1542839932286.png (554x400, 158K)

you can go all the way to demon bell from ashina outskirt, through the hidden shortcut, crazy how much you can skip in this game if you know what you're doing.

Atleast half of those percentages are from people giving themselves infinite HP. The real stats are more in the 2% or less for Demon and Isshin

?
Literally the only thing of those you listed that is in Sekiro is clipping, which is a minor thing that doesn't matter, who cares if your sword clips through a door when you stand right next to it.
It has perfect hitboxes, best animations I have seen in any game, and clearly had a much larger budget than FromSofts previous games, so pretty high production values.

To be fair, the game is only one week old, I'm surprised that even 10% has killed Isshin

Is it really?
Look at SS ashina, almost 10% have beaten him. That's 1 in 10 player that have killed the hardest boss in the game, and that's really fucking good considering people are complaining about this game left and right.

So you havent played Sekiro, got it.
MGR has far less depth.

Most of these are dirty cheaters, find the PS4 stats.

>ds3 players play solo for the first time ever.

>braindead
>nigger
>posting wojaks
Why is noone able to articulate an opinion without talking like a troglodyte.

>I have never played past son of sparda
Yeah okay have fun dealing with riots and hell jedeccas and zerkers. Hell even DMC 3 had the demon sins and lusts. Jesus you really don't know jack shit about action titles do you?

>It has perfect hitboxes, best animations I have seen in any game, and clearly had a much larger budget than FromSofts previous games, so pretty high production values.
Bro you're totally full of shit. It's an objective fact that the grab hitboxes are fucked and I say this as someone who has only been grabbed a handful of times and completely understand why it's not a big deal.

And the animations aren't even CLOSE to the best, there are literally PS2 games with better animations.

The budget was small, that's why the fountainhead looks so crappy and why the NPCs and world building were worse than previous From games.

Attached: sekiro 2019-03-23 11-08-16.jpg (2560x1440, 717K)

best boss, feels like playing bloodborne again after that boring parry feast

Mmmmmm~

Attached: 20190329031209_1.jpg (2560x1440, 492K)

>this is coming from a sekiro player, a game that literally has broken 1 hit kill stealth mechanics to kill enemies that are literally standing around.
You guys know that in actual action games you don't have the luxury of enemies sitting their doing nothing. In a normal action game you enter a zone and everything wants to kill you at once.

His feet must hurt, I know he can't bleed but do you think he can still feel pain? Somebody give the shota some shoes already

Meant for

PSN stats

Attached: psn.png (1055x155, 27K)

Your feet are made to walk on the earth, you bitch.

I mean it took me 5 hours to beat this cunt so I can't really talk shit, but that's hilarious.

Attached: Random (3).gif (360x270, 1.63M)

Young Owl is harder than Sword Saint Isshin

MGR has:
>Zandatsus, which reward you based on precision timing
>Offensive defensive
>Dodge Offset
>Subweapons that all have different utility
>Consumable items all with different utility
>Sword Mode Cancels
>Stingers
>Launchers with air combat
Please tell me how sekiro has more depth when all it did was add broken stealth mechanics so you can get assissin's creed easy kills on wandering enemies that are no threat. And you guys say DMC enemies are throwaway? Holy shit.

>Bro you're totally full of shit. It's an objective fact that the grab hitboxes are fucked
No? It seems like an objective fact that you don't know what the word "hitbox" means.
Here, let me help you:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitbox

Grabs track. Tracking is a different thing than hitboxes. The grab still has to reach your character model to land.

>And the animations aren't even CLOSE to the best, there are literally PS2 games with better animations
Complete horseshit. No other game has animations as good for bosses for example. Sword Saint Isshins and Guardian Apes animations for example make DMC5's animations look like a joke.
>The budget was small, that's why the fountainhead looks so crappy and why the NPCs and world building were worse than previous From games.
But Fountainhead is the best looking area of any From game and the NPCs and worldbuilding is literally better than in their other games lmfao.

You are really out of touch with reality. It sounds like you skipped most things and played with your eyes closed.

I have played neither Sekiro nor DMC actually. Im just here to trigger retards while i play Baba is You, which is superior to any action game and extremely big-brained

Oh so you're a retard that has never played Sekiro? Gotcha.
Sekiro literally has many of those same things, such as offensive defense, air combat, attack cancels. In fact you can cancel ANY action into any other action.
It also has consumable items with many different utilities, and a large amount of subweapons that all have a different utility.

I mean, could you make it any more obvious that you have NEVER played Sekiro, considering it has majority of those same things that MGR had, except Sekiro did them way better?

Attached: 031.jpg (492x388, 39K)

Puzzle games are patrician-taste and the only games that truly keep the premise of being hard as fuck

I've not played the game yet, but what makes it harder than the Souls games? Is it just unfair shit like crazy damage from enemies and huge health pools? Or is the gameplay challenging in a good way?

Stop pretending like you know anything about Sekiro. Vast majority of enemies can not be stealthed, and if you had played the game you would know it's almost a 100% guaranteed death to fight many opponents at the same time. Literal basic enemies in Sekiro are more dangerous than DMC5 bosses.

If you're on PC, Open up Cheat Engine and do a prothetics only run

Souls would have gate-kept people out too if it wasn't for summoning babbies.

I see you really are retarded. Not even worth replying to you.

Yeah. I'm always second guessing what difficulty I'm on when it's an option. I hate that.

Challenging in a very exciting way. Everything does do crazy damage to you, but the game forces you to learn to parry entire combos, and to mikiri, jump or dodge depending on how the enemy is attacking and so on.

It is harder because in Souls you can solve everything with a well timed roll, but in Sekiro you have to look at how the enemy is attacking and act accordingly. Like, you can 't block or jump over a thrust, you have to mikiri counter it, parry it or sidestep. But if the enemy does a sweep, you have to jump over it or parry it, sidestepping or backstepping will get you cut.

As a result, the combat feels a lot more satisfying and rewarding than Souls combat because you need to do so much more than just roll in order to win.

>Y-You've never beaten my precious game
Except I have and that's the point. You see the entire first comment said MGR is pretty much Sekiro in terms of depth. Only that in MGR the stealth mechanics didn't turn most of the game into fishing for auto kill qtes and you are constantly put into positions where you fight multiple enemies. Also MGR has better tools and more varied tools for dealing with groups of enemies. Also being slightly better than MGR still means nothing, as I said before, MGR is a middling action game in terms of depth.

>i was pretending to be retarded
wew lad.

Nice lack of argument you got there after getting proven wrong, little buddy.

you don't even need candy lmao

There was an attempt.

Don't bother, FROMdrones can never admit that they play easy mode games with zero depth, it would hurt their ego

yes, only videogame goblins would play it, a videogame Chad would spit, take a piss and a dump on it if it happens to get near him, so if you are a relative, friend or coworker of a videogame Chad, you have been advised

Attached: video game Chad.jpg (1300x867, 84K)

>I don't understand what visual clarity is
>this is better because I said so
>this is better because I said so
So this is the power of fromdrones...whoa.

>i was pretending to be retarded
thats exactly what 99% of this board does all day

>Except I have and that's the point.
No, you haven't. You already revealed that you are lying since you listed a whole lot of things that MGR has and claimed that Sekiro does not have these things. Even though Sekiro literally has the same things you moron.
>Only that in MGR the stealth mechanics didn't turn most of the game into fishing for auto kill qtes
Just more proof that you didn't play Sekiro, since you can only stealth a minority of the enemies in the game, and are actually forced to fight vast majority of them.
>Also MGR has better tools and more varied tools for dealing with groups of enemies
No it fucking didn't, the prosthetics are far more varied and far more useful. Literally almost everyone plays through MGR only using the katana you start with and nothing else, because the game doesn't force you to, unlike in Sekiro where you NEED to use everything at your disposal to do well.
>Also being slightly better than MGR still means nothing
That would be true, but Sekiro is hundreds of times better, not slightly.

>get completely obliterated by objective facts
>"m-m-muh fromdrones WAAAAAAAAHHHH"
What a manbaby

>area on fire
>some guy is burning and freaking out
>some soldier is just sitting mumbling about fire
>burning claw marks everywhere
>convenient buddah carving

Attached: 1480698755706.gif (339x279, 693K)

He's just here to shitpost.

Attached: sekiro 2019-03-22 20-35-54.jpg (2560x1440, 514K)

It probably will not happen but it a DS2 remake ever happens, I hope defensive mechanics are adjusted so you need to use rolls, shields and general movement. so you need to pay more attention to enemy animations. Sekiro did a good job of that.

No user, it's the seething contrarian that is shitposting. It is a universal truth that Sekiro is a better game than MGR, or DMC games and so on.
It's nothing to get salty over though.

i'm always so confused about the boss order. there's obviously a loose intended order, but i always manage to completely fuck it up. Lady butterfly was my first boss, and after i beat her, the game's been easy.

I remember in DS1 the spider lady was my 2nd or 3rd boss and it took me half an hour and 3 repair powders to chip her down.

Why in the fuck would you want a DS2 remake? What? People want to forget that game ever existed

I don't even disagree with that but you're still a lying faggot wasting your day.

best pvp in the series

Have you gotten to Genichiro yet?

I feel like he's a a bit harder than lady butterfly.

Gyoubu, Lady Butterfly, Genichiro, Folding Screen Monkeys, Guardian Ape, Corrupted Monk, Owl, True Monk, Divine Dragon, Demon of Hatred, Sword Saint.

If you are doing Immortal Severance, this is the "intended" order to do bosses in.

>Disappears
>"nuthin personnel kid" in headless
>Ass grabbed
>dead

Attached: 3515746-more_headless.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

You could say it's the new Dark Souls.

You should instead wish for a new game with better pvp then, not a remake of a game that had completely garbage PvE content...
And Souls PvP is wack anyway.

Where's Dad 2?

you have brain damage

the point i'm making is i get to these bosses before learning mechanics or doing much else in the game (was lvl 1 with 2 heals for lady butterfly); and I end up learning everything i need to to play well in the one fight. i.e., there's a massive difficulty at the beginning followed by smooth sailing. I'd rather have the difficulty slowly increase over the course of the game.

So yeah, lady butterfly took me ~30 tries, and genichiro took me 3

There are a few fights coming up that are objectively harder.

Just curious, what was the last boss you beat?

>play the game
>huh I don't really get all the muh difficulty complaints, once you stop dodging and start parrying it doesn't seem that much harder than souls
>get to demon of hatred
hahahahahahha ahahahhahahahahah fucking kill me

That's normal for any game.
But you haven't even beaten the game dude, you are still in early game.
There are many bosses that are far harder than Butterfly. Even a huge amount of minibosses are harder than her.

>There are a few fights coming up that are objectively harder.
That's not true. Butterfly, Genichiro, and Isshin should be the only hard fights. The rest just have varying levels of bullshit.

That's not true at all... Guardian Ape, Corrupted Monk and Owl are also much harder than Lady Butterfly.

And what about Owl and Demon of Hatred?

My observation is that different bosses in particular click for different people. I’ve seen a ton of people say Sword Saint is impossible 5 hour bullshit but I beat him on much fifth try- meanwhile I was never able to kill those strawcoat roach monks at Senpou and had to desperately sneak or sprint past them.
If you can get past Butterfly you have all the tools to be able to beat the game, anyone quitting after they beat her is just making excuses or just don’t enjoy the game.

>death blows on trash grunts is a simple stab
>death blows on trash monk spearmen is an extra hearty thrust
its almost as if miyazaki knew those cunts were a bitch to deal with

is it just me or are grabs broken in this game? chained ogre can do a 180 on you, and the mentioned spearmen can do the same.

While I liked some of the good shit like Powerstancing and aescetics. The PvE content could have been more better had that not frankensteined the game halfway through development. (The graphics and shit like shaded woods is depressing) and SOTFS did not do it justice. Would be nice to see DS2 but without the fuckery and effort put into the development.

If you mean dueling, then no. Duels in Dark Souls is the most boring form of PvP.

You sound like somebody who sidestepped directly into the chained ogre's long hairy arms and is mad he doesn't have iframes to carry him anymore.

Why are you trying to dodge to the side to avoid a grab instead of just walking away from the dude trying to grab you and then punishing his whiff

a caster at the bottom of a dungeon. He has a big arena and shoot balls made of faces. wasn't too bad.

yeah, i'm still pretty early, but i have many hours in the souls series, and my experiences have been roughly the same so far: get my ass kicked by some later boss early in the game until i beat them, then just chill.

Having played fighting games for a while now it was refreshing to see mechanics from them in an action game. Wish Sekiro had move of a moveset himself or that the combat arts were implemented differently (or just better in general)

>Literal basic enemies in Sekiro are more dangerous than DMC5 bosses
>That would be true, but Sekiro is hundreds of times better, not slightly.
I really like Sekiro, but hyperbolic comments dicksucking a game like this is why people get fed up fanbases and start resenting the work because of morons like you.

>Why are you trying to dodge to the side to avoid a grab instead of just walking away from the dude
so what you're saying is that a quick dodge; its only purpose is to move out of the way quickly, is less effective than taking a nice stroll to the side?

Only use the Monk combat arts to damage bosses
Fists of fury

I only did the easy Owl but I assume harder Owl will still have many punishable attacks. Those bosses are less challenging because you can just sprint circles around them and their attacks are much more telegraphed and slow compared to the human bosses you pretty much have to get in close and clash with.

>a caster at the bottom of a dungeon
Oh yeah, you have a ton of fights left in the game.

I'm not going to lie, once you figure out the mechanics of the game, the rest is just learning the rest of the bosses' combos so that you can deflect and counter appropriately.

Even so, you're still going to get your ass kicked more than a few times unless you're just really fucking good.

gate them from what? there is no online anyway

No, what I'm saying is that doing anything other than moving radially away from an enemy trying to grab you in the early game is absolutely retarded.
When you see the ogre start the grab animation, you should already be walking backwards. When you see the perilous kanji appear above your head, you should be dodging the fuck away from the enemy.
When he misses his grab, you should be charging back in for a quick punish and then going back on the aggressive.

>When you see the ogre start the grab animation, you should already be walking backwards.
this is literally how he grabs you. you counter that move by jumping, then gomba stomp his head for a bit of bonus posture damage

twitch.tv/moshf/clip/ThirstyCredulousPlumKreygasm

That is a very unusual opinion. Most people would agree that Lady Butterfly is not one of the harder bosses in the game.

95% of the satisfaction is from getting better at the game and proving it to yourself by dominating fights that felt impossible when you first step into them
5% is from hearing other people cry that it's too hard and knowing that you're both mentally stronger and more skilled than them

three things:
some mini bosses were hard because of the tiny spaces and camera only
demon is a classic example of retarded attack that puts him near the wall all the time, otherwise he is trivial qte boss
saint isshin feels hard because on the second stage he keeps doing attacks from the similar stances, i guess this is what from thinks about "tough" enemies

Overall game is pretty good, mechanics work fine. As usual some enemies require a knowledge of what do you need to deflect and what you can just run around. I guess the main problem might be if youre low on beads and posture, but if you have 6-7 completed necklaces it's already ok.

He really does look like a gigantic orangutan in this form.

on xbox its 0.79%

Most people are still stuck on her though. It's the earliest "tough" boss so it should, for most people, I think be considered one of the bosses that gives you the most trouble. A gate keeper that requires something of the player to defeat.

it's completely optional and you can just do it later

>gen
>hard
holy lmao, you gotta be REALLY bad at this game to think that he's literally the noob filter
if you understand how to use the flow of combat to your advantage he's an easy 30 second or less posture break without any prosthetics or cheese

>mentally stronger
This is what happens when we tel autistic kids they’re special

I know.

You don't understand shitters.

Does that mean that game is not *that* hard if 2.4% of players have already finished it, considering it was out for only a week and it takes probably at least 20 hours for first playthrough?

who else found sekiro easier than BB and DS3? I struggled a lot with those games, but none of the bosses in this game gave me too much trouble

>gate keep
Back to r*ddit with you, faggot

Attached: 1548562298529.png (550x466, 171K)

>2.4%
> a lot

Are you playing on console or PC?

probably
you're right

Attached: caster.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

personal computer

>Dave Thier
Is he the new Jason Schreier?

Attached: 1549633294892.png (630x435, 539K)

Attached: 1552316449100.jpg (960x540, 33K)

>considering it was out for only a week and it takes probably at least 20 hours for first playthrough?

>Do you think Sekiro is hard enough to gate keep casuals?
seems like imagine buying a game and not being able to complete it.

Attached: 1541385310521.jpg (1837x1179, 131K)

This, essentially. This is why Dark Souls can't have 'easy modes', because that would needlessly split the game up into multiple groups, and discourage mechanics like summoning that you're supposed to take advantage of if you want that.

Gay cringe. MOM IM A REAL GAMER MOM !!!!

DS2fags seriously are the most autistic people on earth.

Let’s see where the stats are once it’s been out for a month.

If it stays at 2.4, yeah it’s pretty hard, but I expect it to rise to a solid 5 or 6 percent eventually

>5%
>a lot

Not at all, too many exploits with the stealth, prosthetics and defensive play and parry timing is way too lenient

I dont think im even that far into the game yet but honestly from software is one of the only studios that can do so much with so little core mechanics at play

my choices and "roleplaying" always feels much more involved in their games than any actual RPG where the game tends to present you with a list of obvious moral choices with predictable outcomes

from software games actually make you stop and think and when something like the prompt to "suggest a travel destination" comes up for the fat monster I would assume a vast majority of skyrim redditors just mashed X on the only new dialogue option available with zero thought

>says the dude getting assmad that someone likes a game he doesnt

I could never get the phase one stealth kill but it was easy as shit so I just beat her ass then did the phase 2 skip.

why did the prosthetic guy turn into a goddamn demon

It makes more sense when you get the bad ending and Wolf has a similar experience. A lot of bottled up resentment over past failures.

>my choices and "roleplaying" always feels much more involved in their games than any actual RPG where the game tends to present you with a list of obvious moral choices with predictable outcomes

I agree here and find that they're the only games where I really end up thinking out my actions and their possible consequences based on the cues I'm given. How many games even are there where you're seriously encouraged to contemplate whether or not you should kill an NPC.

I'm horseshit at the soulsbourne games(never beat a single one or even got past the first area after the tutorial), but I'm doing really good in Sekiro.
The combat is so much more fluid, and the counters make combat against mobs trivial in my opinion. Sekiro is the first souls game that I've had fun with as a casual player

t. ragequitted at chained ogre

So what is the use of the "vault over to backstab" finisher? Does it do anything better than the regular deathblow?

guys, does anyone here remember the video of that invasion he was in?

It's there to perform ninjutsu techniques during combat

This.
I want to play a game how it was intended and not with artificial difficulty.

Allows to use ninjutsu midbattle

Advice on double purple guy miniboss right underneath Owl fight?

skip him by jumping out the window near the bonfire

Attached: Metal_Gear_Solid_5-snake-horn.jpg (849x454, 23K)

You can assassinate and puppeteer the non-mini boss enemy if you enter through the door instead of the window.

>20 hours

At least 30-40.

I'm just annoyed i don't really can't play as a shinobi. I'm forced into these boss-combats without actually using any shinobi skills because what shinobi would actually face an enemy head on anyway? Should've made it a proper stealth game instead.

>Do you think Sekiro is hard enough to gate keep casuals?
Only 50% of the players have beaten Gyobu. So yes.

it's this one if the name is correct

youtube.com/watch?v=ES0x2g8IC_0

Honestly it could be harder. Have yet to die more than ten times to anything.

The fuck does that even mean?

>9.6% on PC
the absolute state of consoletards

Keep crying tenchutard

The Laurence fight runs at 15fps because the ps4 can't handle the poorly optimized fur and fire effects.

Genichiro boss fight was so fun to play that I want to beat it again

Attached: images (2).jpg (739x415, 19K)

>*turns on cheat engine*
>"heh, fucking consoletards"

>Do you think Sekiro is hard

No, anything with the challenge of "Memorize this pattern" isnt all that hard.
The point of the game isnt that its hard anyhow.

Dialogue after killing Lady Butterfly and giving him Unrefined Sake explains it.

It's an action game with non potato sack enemies, of course it keeps casuals at bay.

Even then the game is super lenient

>Memorize this pattern
thats the easy part, executing it however is different

Who was your hardest boss guys?
Owl, Round 2 for me. Kept getting smacked by that one perilous attack that has no indicator

That is a fallacy. In action games difficulty setting are used as a gradual training process to familiarize the player with the game mechanics. If your game is missing this process then it's doesn't have much mechanical depth to begin with.

Though only a few games actually do this process justice without falling into meme difficlty modes.

The interesting part about these types of games is if you understand its mechanics you can absolutely shit on enemies. The stat differences don't matter because the mechanics are solid enough for you to do Sl1 fist only runs. It's not like many other games where you can't beat the game without meeting certain stat requirements because there are forced hits.

Of course it does, it's only natural

Attached: Shrug.png (1266x712, 719K)

owl in ashina castle?
want a tip? be really aggressive, really r1 spam him

hardest so far have been the guy in OP, or immortal severance isshin

Lol. Bunch of casual streamers have already beaten the game and they didn't have any difficulty doing so. This game just has too many things you can abuse and make the game easy for you

>hard enough

learn how to read

Meh I haven't had time to play much of it yet until this weekend, fuck off. It's worse than every game from demon souls to ds3, which hasn't made me felt like putting more free time on it. It's gameplay is more akin to fucking osu and assassins creed which is really bad

Don't worry, you'll get your chance.

Would be cool if you beat the game you get a boss-rush mode or something similar.

It would be cool if every boss left a remnant which you could use to refight them.