Play FPS

>Play FPS
>Assault rifles (or automatic weapons in general) are so much better than any other weapon type that you would be actively gimping yourself if you're not using one

Why is this such a prevalent design in shooters and why do players seem to be fine with it, even though it severely limits the variety of play?

Attached: Assault-Rifles.jpg (900x888, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Automatic_Rifle_(Classic)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_AUG#Australian_versions_2
youtube.com/watch?v=XlgsmZHVXt4
youtube.com/watch?v=mdw3FUWThsg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_MP5#Suppressed_variants
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>reddit spacing

>Separating green text from the main body of the message is now reddit spacing

>Be infantryman
>assault rifle is so much better than any other weapon type so you're gimping yourself by not using one

>I'm new and desperate to fit in

We can tell.

Video games are not real life

because it's fun to wreck shop with a revolver despite them being inferior to every other type of firearm

Really depends on the distance. ARs are a good overall weapon to cover everything, but will be outclassed by shotguns in tight corridors that can 1-shot you, and outclassed at range by snipers that can 1-shot you.

But good FPS games don't do this, so I don't really see the problem

Only shotguns and SMG are useless, sniper rifles can be good depending on the map.

Every game is going to have a weapon type that you keep equipped when you don't know what you're going to be up against, which will push other weapons into specialized roles. Assault rifles are a good choice for that role because they're a pretty versatile weapon - they can fire accurate long range bursts or high close range DPS with full auto. As long as more specialized weapons outperform it in their niche there's no problem.

Because if they tried to weaken them or actually make things more realistic, shotguns would destroy everything else

I sincerely don't like the feel of the "Spray and pray" you get from using those weapons.

I actively try to avoid them in games.

this is untrue of apex, funnily enough. assault rifles suffer from having too few bullets in a mag

What a load of shit,
>remembers getting out-sniped by wookies with shotguns + slugs in BFBC2
You might have a point.

shotguns are absolutely shit in bfv. they should have twice the range they do.

>play The Division
>run Lone Star build (double ammunition reserves, instant reload of holstered guns)
>run with two M60s
>lay down a near constant stream of dakka to force enemy heads down so my teammates can flank them
I think it's the one reason I like the Division so much. God I hope Lone Star returns in 2.

Attached: 1419883278601.jpg (1980x1400, 456K)

because in real life the assault rifle IS pretty much king of infantry combat. its utility and ubiquity are totally NOT over stated or over represented. there is pretty much NO situation where nother kind of small arms is going to be universally better. only a very very few where certain things are better, and only for that explicit purpose.

One of the few good things about the Division are the Machine Guns.

Not a lot of guns make them viable that way.

just be yourself sweatie, we will like you no matter what

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-01-30-20h37m58s651.png (640x480, 302K)

BLOPS4 has garbage AR's.

The hunting shotgun in Rising Storm 2 is amazing for this

>>Be infantryman
>>assault rifle is so much better than any other weapon type so you're gimping yourself by not using one

Very few games simulate the same combat ranges that are found in real life.

Battle rifles are best rifles.

Try E.Y.E divine cybermancy user, and ignore the memes
A few notable weapons :
A sword that blows things up with every swing
A revolver that two shots gunships, can hit anything from any distance, and will most likely kill it in one hit, an smg with two modes : Auto, And more auto, and a shotgun that can go through 32 shots before needing to reload and it kills from across the map as well
its proof that the best weapon balancing is no balance, just make everything op as shit

>there is pretty much NO situation where nother kind of small arms is going to be universally better
mfw

Attached: vietnam-tunnel-rats-1.png (600x400, 175K)

E.Y.E is not a multiplayer game, though. It can afford to throw weapon balance out of the window.

*1 deags u*

because they are a perfect mixture

Auto - close range (RDS)
Burst/semi - Mid-Range (RDS/2x scope)
Semi - "long" range (2xscope

There's a reason modern militaries use assault rifles nearly exclusively (as opposed to the past there submachine guns, semi-auto battle rifles, and bolt-action rifles) They do everything well enough.

>ignore the memes
do you even gain brozouf?

>"High power" sniper rifle
>takes 4 body or 2 head shots to kill

God I love modern shooters

Attached: 980d02f0c2e941778e580841b5c2cb6b.jpg (442x460, 125K)

I hate MW2 for overpowered SMG

yes, no take your sidearm as your only weapon forever.

doesn't work.

that's why everyone gets an AR.

then just use them too.

>>Sniper rifles have the obvious niche
>SMGs are better suited for urban combat and you can raise the barrel to the target's center mass faster than a rifle
>LMGs are better for suppression, providing cover, and guarding the 6 during breach and clears
>.45 pistols are better for hearing your enemies scream out of agony when they're hit
The assault rifle is the practical choice for infantrymen because it's low maintenance, hard to jam, and is very efficient for any situation/environment. It's a simple tool that can be used for any situation by simple people. Game devs are just shit at balancing and doesn't allow other weapons to be exploited to the maximum potential

Attached: 1553780740358.gif (480x270, 3.8M)

also, OP is a faggot for not posting BEST motherfucking assault rifle in class.

Attached: FNC_IMG_1527.jpg (3380x858, 526K)

>not bum rushing everyone with a shotgun
Enjoy dying in one or two shots as you desperately try to kill me with your rifle

I exclusively play with light machine guns for the dakka dakka

>yes, no take your sidearm as your only weapon forever.
>there is pretty much NO situation where nother kind of small arms is going to be universally better
>situation
>nother
>better
Hey look, its a situation where nother[sic] kind of small arm is universally better!

Attached: ASQSLFLFYVF27KIEKEBL3PVNWQ.jpg (600x590, 223K)

>playing battle royale games
You deserve it

>LMGs are just inaccurate assault rifles that do LESS damage per shot and have bigger magazines
I hate this

no. its a situation where that small arms is better for ONLY that exact application, and MUCH MUCH worse universally.

>not a multiplayer game

you haven't even seen the reviews, right user?

Attached: eyes.jpg (1017x1508, 951K)

Because if you want to have a game where people die in relatively few hits, they're always going to be better.

Snipers work fine in Battlefield and COD. Shotguns work great in COD (most anyhow). You can get plenty of kills with pistols too.

>Kalashnikov Avtomat Kalashnikova-47
>actually an unholy abomination based on some AK knockoff

I should have clarified. It's not a competitive multiplayer game that is looking to provide a level playing field where your ability is the deciding factor.

>came here during the election season and thinks he can call someone else reddit

The answer is to drastically increase recoil when firing full auto. First two or three shots from the hip will be relatively accurate, but after that it should begin to be immensely difficult to control.

ADS should alleviate this effect somewhat, but full auto should still be far less accurate than firing in short, controlled bursts.

There’s a reason you only see automatic rifles and occasionally combat shotguns in real-life situations where a shootout is likely to occur.

das rite my nigger

Attached: 1536961311992.png (1305x1415, 104K)

>absolutely love SMGs design wise
>they're always "assault rifles with no range and high rate of fire"

>Snipers work fine in Battlefield
>Bullet drops faster than a brick
>Land a shot
>50dmg
>Enemy keeps running like nothing happened

Seems fine to me

>SMGs are better suited for urban combat
not really. carbine versions of assault rifles are better for urban warfare. smgs are for police work against soft tissue targets that dont require the penetration capabilities of intermediate cartidge.

Assault rifles are often jack of all trades master of all because of combat distances and games not taking into account how unwieldy they are at very close ranges.
Still taking pot shots at 500m+ silhouettes isn't that fun

>pistols are absolutely worthless in every statistical category but you must select one anyways

Attached: 1551760693705.jpg (800x485, 93K)

Maybe you should have shot him in the head.

How would making things more realistic do anything? Assault rifles have very good terminal ballistics. I'd definitely rather be shot once with buckshot than three times with 5.56. Not that I'm likely to survive either.

Because everyone goes for the head and not center body mass irl.

>situation where... universally better
>no. its a situation where that small arms is better for ONLY that exact application, and MUCH MUCH worse universally.

>A situation where a weapon that is not a full rifle is indisputably better, a fact which is agreed upon universally, is only better for that exact situation (presumably ignoring all other instances of cramped conditions) and not universally better in all situations because I forgot how my own sentence was structured.

Attached: dbbac8186ece97281783aa51fcb3df20.jpg (1280x883, 172K)

Because developers never bother to balance other types of guns properly. LMGs never have the dps output of an AR even though they should cause far more damage. SMGs aren't as good at long range and barely have any difference in short range. Shotguns are only effective at dick slapping distance.
The key is to make other guns fill the roles they play in real life better. Sadly these advantages don't translate well into games because LMG covering fire is useless when they're so weak, inaccurate and death isn't truly permanent and physical collision/weight doesn't matter so SMG advantages don't matter

ITS ALL A NIGHTMARE

You should play the division 2, user. I hear it's pretty good.

>SMG
>"assault rifles with no range and high rate of fire"

b-but that's exactly what SMGs are

>Buckshot
>Anti-personnel
There's your problem

Attached: renrqgq42bgz.jpg (540x347, 40K)

Team Fortress 2 solved this by eliminating assault rifles from the equation completely
they're they most boring possible type of gun, possibly excepting light machine guns

Attached: 1549786610690.jpg (1600x1200, 164K)

>Shotguns are good out to medium range but have mediocre fire rate and reload. Devastating up close.
>SMGs are good between short to medium range and fire faster, giving faster damage output but fucking sucks at long range
>Rifles fire slower and thus aren't quite as effective up close so they get out classed by SMGs at that range, but are far more effective at longer ranges
>Machine guns require setting up, wreck house out to long range but build up heat quickly, making it so that you have to fire in bursts but can hold a stationary position quite well
>Sniper rifles do high damage but are non-lethal at full health unless they head shot, essentially support weapons for either priming someone or finishing someone off
This is kino.

Do you even destiny?
ARs suck balls
its shitgun+handcannon 100% of the time

>mass-reply
yeah we get it, you're not from here

Attached: moot spacing.jpg (500x421, 67K)

Old tf2 was great. when every class had unlocks the game was kino. they should've stopped updating at that point and just moved on. now I can't go back and play what used to be a great game. I have to put up with a thousand meme guns that weren't thought out very well but are obnoxious because they drastically change how the core classes play. Try putting up with demoknights. They're really annoying to have on your team when you're attacking and the enemy team has 7 engineers.

Attached: 1551171444370.png (473x768, 184K)

any retard who says >reddit spacing is 100% newfag, just saying

>implying r/the_donald /pol/ refugees know who moot is

Snipers would be beautiful if there was a MP game with limb-based damage. Imagine shooting the leg off the guy trying to reach you flag, or removing the shooting arm from that guy who's only been using a shotgun the whole game

Rifle rounds can cause immense cavitation, and they're energetic enough that the temporary cavity matters as well. Intermediate cartridges with proper loadings are very deadly, they just dump so much energy into causing massive wound channels. Slugs are cool and all but they're not very efficient.

Attached: newfagfailure.jpg (510x430, 55K)

This design works out great in games so long as the maps are designed in such a way to accomodate their use. Too many games make maps that are way too open and then wonder why no one bothers using SMGs. Of course they're not going to use a P90 when they can buy an SG and one tap niggers from 50 meters away

>Do you even destiny?
Would say that's a good example with SMGs, Scouts, Sidearms and ARs are all pretty shit.
>ARs suck balls
ONE DAY SWEET BUSINESS WILL BE BOTH FUN AND VIABLE.

Attached: adrian-majkrzak-am-d16-exotic-gatling-pulse02.jpg (1500x1211, 221K)

just put the fucking catalyst back in bungo

Any armed forces that still use SMG's are either nostalgic, stubborn of just poor.

>the enemy team has 7 engineers
when was the last time this actually happened

>demotivational poster meme template
that's some oldfag shit right there

CSGO genuinely needs to nerf assault rifles. It's criminal how underused SMGs are in that game. Not like it matters anyway considering source is such a garbage engine. Hit reg is so garbage in source games. I sometimes wonder why people consider it a game worthy of a competitive scene. Like I record every match I play. I'm Legendary Eagle and the amount of times I'm playing from behind with something like a Scout and I tap some guy in the head literally 3 times and no damage hits. It's upsetting. I regret wasting my time practising this game sometimes. But I don't know what else there is out there to play. Been thinking of BF5. Aside from the SJW bullshit is the multiplayer any good? Note I am not looking for some hyper competitive game. Just something that feels like it's not sticking its shaft up my ass every second round.

>/pol/ boogeyman

Depends on the map but it happens in pubs. 2fort and Dustbowl are two infamous examples.

>is the multiplayer any good?
it's dying VERY rapidly

You think these autistic esport fathletes would accept someone fundamentally changing stats have have remained almost the same for 20 years?

Snipers, in games that feature engagement distances that could be rightly called sniping, should be restricted to one per team and consist of two players, the marksman himself and his spotter. These two players would then be removed from the map that all other players are playing in and placed into an adjacent "outskirts" map that they are free to move around in but they are not allowed to go into the main map proper, only fire into it. There would be two of these sniper teams in the outskirts map, one for each team. The players from the main map can interact with the outskirts map in the capacity that they can order artillery strikes or ping/mark locations but that's about it. The sniper teams are so far from the main map that firing at them from the main map with the weapons available to the classes there is, while not impossible, pretty much a fools errand.

It's because modern fps only gives you 2 (two) weapon slots so you have to pick the gun that can be used in any situation (assault rifle) and a gun that fills a niche (sniper rifle for long range, shotgun for CQC, grenade launcher for CC etc...) unlike classic fps where you just dick around with all kind of gun (I think people use shotgun more than anything in Doom).
It also depends on the game itself, for example in Dude sex HR you don't need anything but your handgun and revolver, or in RE4 the smg and rifle can deal with almost everything.

The versatility and compact size still gives the smg a distinct advantage, even if it's relegated as a pdw nowadays

I play dustbowl on the regular and the most engies you will ever see simeltaneously is 4, and that's a rarity. Can't speak for 2fort but from memory most players are Snipers

Any reason why?
You can't deny that /pol/ leaks into other boards. I don't think the containment board is doing its job. Literally every day I come across posts on Yea Forums that look exactly like some shit I would read on /pol/. There's a reason I don't go there. So I'd love if they'd fuck off.

Yes. DOTA saw drastic, I would say negative changes and pros kept their mouths shut. These people's careers are based on that video game. They've spent tens of thousands of hours at that genre if not that game. They're not going to just up and leave when changes come. They adapt because otherwise it means unemployment.

>Literally every day I come across posts on Yea Forums that look exactly like some shit I would read on /pol/
Which were always there before the existence of /pol/. You just have selective memory.

I don't know about removing interaction from the main map entirely, real snipers do have to deal with retaliation from grenade or even mortar attacks

This would be interesting so long as Snipers on opposing teams could shoot at each other.

>le boogeyman argument
Literally only newfags from /pol/ use this as an argument because they're so fucking new that they don't even know that /pol/ is the newfag attractor these days and everyone is sending newfags back there, just like newfags were sent back to Yea Forums when the biggest shithole of the site was Yea Forums.

I was exaggerating a little but yeah 4 is fair.

My memory isn't clear. I've been on the site since 2006 but I can't recall if /int/ came before /pol/ or how long either of them have actually existed. I've only ever really hung out on Yea Forums, Yea Forums and when I was younger /x/ and Yea Forums.

>Literally only newfags from /pol/ use this as an argument
I've been here since 2008, started on Yea Forums, migrated to Yea Forums, and almost completely avoided posting on /pol/ bar the election.
It's a boogeyman. Nobody mentioned anything /pol/ related in this thread and you were just looking for an excuse to bring it up.

>I've been here since x
Already outed yourself, newfriend.
>Nobody mentioned anything /pol/ related in this thread

because it's Kalishnakov, not Kalashnikov

They could get together and tell all their audiences to stop buying hats for their guns, and the word could spread to beyond their audiences to all the other millions of players who are suddenly feeling their favorite AK being less powerful than it's been the last two decades they've been exclusively using it due to its objective unbalanced superiority.

Okay, continue to shitpost if you really need to I guess. You're still clearly using /pol/ as a boogeyman.
"reddit spacing" being /pol/ is reaching and you know it. Here's your last (you).

Literally you right now.

Attached: 1247932226626.jpg (756x564, 117K)

>posts picture of a cut down 7.62 battle rifle rechambered for 9mm parrabellum and calls it making a point

are you retarded? you DO realise an MP 5 is just a fucking g3?

alright /k/ redpill me on mag behind trigger and why doesn't every rifle feature this

Devs would rather touch map design before they go back to the roots of weapons. In any case though, weapons have seen slight changes here and there between each release of CS. So it's not like it hasn't happened before. Not long ago the silenced M4 got more magazine capacity.

Just play Project Reality where every weapon takes so much time to be accurate, it's never worth it getting into firefights by yourself

Do you like taking dick up the ass? If not, then bullpups are not for you

>gb2/b/
Haven't seen this said in ages.

I want to see a fps marketed to the fanbase of generic fps game with maps and mechanics they are used to but with the guns and by extension combat being way more realistic.

I want to see all sniper rifles have 20x scopes on them so asshole will cry about not being able to use them at 20m. I want to see shotgun not behave like trying slosh a guy with a bucket of bullets. I want to see high velocity round do less tissue damage and low velocity round getting stopped by armour. I want to see the effects bullet and explosive have on the environment such as penetration. I want to see the effect of a given injury actually affecting the performance of a person. I want to see reloading a half empty weapon stow a half empty magazine. I want to see people have inertia and take time to get moving and stop moving. I want to see people body checking each other and engaging in quick and decisive hand to hand combat. I want to see people taking time to draw, raise, and reload weapons based on what they have and where their gear in on their body. I want to see people drop magazine when interrupting reloads. I want so see people being unable to raise a weapon because they are too close to something. I want to see people behaving like people by actually climbing the environment, shimmying through gaps, flinging themselves under or over railings, and not getting stuck on little edge of things like door frames.

I want to see the utter pandemonium in the player base as find out what they bought.

Attached: k.jpg (550x440, 23K)

Aren't smg's usually the OP guns in most multiplayer games?

Allows you to fit the same length barrel in a shorter over all rifle. Main drawbacks are questionable ergonomics and a heavier trigger.

It lets you have a longer barrel on a more compact rifle, but requires a much more complex trigger mechanism that can be a bitch to maintain or malfunction a lot. Also most bullpups are overdesigned shit that just have way more shit integrated that nobody actually asked for.

bullpup is 'unpopular' because it forces people to do things cacky handed and ass backwards compared to so-called 'normal' training.

this supposed 'drawback' (only a drawback because politicians and grand high poobah orificers in govts and militaries are convinced infantry are retarded and can't learn to do bullpup magswaps easily even though the f88 austeyr has a pisseasy and fuckawesome action for swapping mags out etc.)

ANYHOO, the benefit is that for the rifle being the same size as a piddly ass carbine (eff range 250-300 m) you can stick in a full rifle barrel (eff range 350-400m) on a rifle as light and easy to handle as a carbine.

the so called 'drawbacks' to the bullpup aren't. its pure traditionalism and nostalgia at this point.

I'm not an expert at all but in my experience it's slightly less convenient to switch the mag on a bullpup than on a traditional. And not all weapons need to be shorter or get extra barrel length.

>play FPS
>devs can't tell difference between AK rifles series and call everything AK-47
Original rifle just called AK. AK-47 was one of the prototypes during development. There is also typo on that picture and it looks more like AKSM.

The submachinegun in 9mm parabellum as weapon to go against other military targets is obsolete, hence it being replaced by PDWs like the MP7. P90 or SR-2.
But against unarmored targets like pirates or gangmembers they still pose a thread.
To solve the armoured problem modern forces use carbine versions of the rifles, M4A4, G36C or the AK105 because there is plenty of AP ammo for them around.

fuckoff yankee faglord. bullpup good. ar platform shit.

>nobody tells to lurk more and post less anymore
Where did it all go so wrong?

>play fps
>pistols do 1 damage, maybe 1.25 if you headshot
>all sniper rifles are 1 hit kill death machines no matter the distance, caliber or anything else

Attached: oldfaggot.png (453x453, 244K)

apparently HK are making a new MP5/ ar bastard offspring chambered in .300 blackout or some meme round just for groups like the SAS and AFP

Pros
>You get a longer barrel in a shorter overall length, meaning better ballistics from your ammunition without having a giant musket to get caught on everything

Cons
>Reloading is less ergonomic. Yes this can be mainly overcome with training but the key word there is "mainly."
>Triggers are usually crappier because you need a long ass transfer bar that goes from the trigger all the way back to the action. Can be overcome with clever engineering.
>In the unlikely event of a catastrophic malfunction, the chamber is located directly next to your cheek rather than several inches in front of you. Not a huge deal because such explosive malfunctions are unheard of in any decent rifle unless you go full retard with handloaded ammo but it's still a point.
>Can't support a collapsible buttstock. You can use spacers, but that still doesn't allow on the fly adjustments.
>A lot of them don't support ambidextrous use. Most traditional rifles don't either, but traditional rifles also don't pelt you in the face with hot brass if you shoot them off handed. Bullpups do.

If you are the same guy you are kind of late with your response that tries to characterize a SMG as the same thing as a full rifle after being butt-flustered when someone pointed out that contrary to your claim other broad categories of fire arm within the umbrella of small arms can in fact unequivocally ARs in certain situations. But if you are not the same guy then: BEHOLD, A MAN!

Attached: 181005_kangaroo_1.jpg (835x552, 171K)

forgot to include shotguns
>does jack shit after 3-5 meters

pros also include
>carbine or smg pointability and ease of handling with that full size rifle barrel

pretty much only in a couple of CoDs

People used to be able to spot newfags a mile away and they'd be in no position to defend themselves and would just get mocked out of the thread. Nowadays people can look up all the EPIC memes on knowyourmaymay and larp as long-term posters. And because of the innate anonymity of Yea Forums, you can't tell as well anymore. So you get LARPers parroting things over and over to fit in.

>and everyone uses the railgun anyway

Attached: railgun.jpg (400x293, 16K)

That's exactly what I said you nigger.

based as fuck, got more info on this? mp5 is my gunfu

>play fps game
>smgs are completely dogshit
>assault rifle always outclasses in close quarters

Attached: 1553353892895.jpg (1000x900, 450K)

>Playing CSGO with a pistol or SMG
>Shoot someone in the chest with an entire mag
>98 damage in 11 hits

R6 is supposed to come out of the acog, not the barrel.

Attached: 1541217505564.jpg (751x976, 377K)

Non ironically kmmo f2p garbage FPS games manage to balance weapon classes better than AAA games. Like what the fuck
>Assault rifle does decent damage, but low rate of fire, long range
>SMG does decent damage, but high rate of fire, low range

just look at this sexy beast and tell me you don't love her. i dare you.

Attached: magpul prd.jpg (1200x675, 127K)

this. they changed it so that your bullets go exactly where you're aiming. I prefer this. Fuck spread patterns waving off indiscriminately side to side, throwing RNG into the mix.

>Fagpul

sounds like you want arma

i just don't understand the logic behind this, if a sniper won't kill in a body shot why should i use it? at long range it just gives the enemy time to recover and at closer ranges it's completely outclassed by pretty much anything else if it doesn't OHK
let me fucking skill cannon or don't put this shit in at all

Attached: 1522974969383.gif (80x100, 10K)

that's a brick with some gun bells and whistles

nah, it was an article in some newspapers and news here and on the tv news a little while after the cafe shooting here.

its because the service rifle here, the steyr, uses the HK slap etc on its charging handle, so that's what everyone is used to. so some funky ass HK version of the m4 but with mp 5 and or steyr style mechanicals.

PUBG?

in long range engagements you do hueg damage and then go into cover only popping out to do 80% of someone's hp again or clean up anyone you already hit once

Literally the pinnacle of gameplay design for a multiplayer FPS, though in the process they pretty much sacrificed any possible pretense at realism.

maybe because IRL nothing really beats them

you know you're a lesbian for her, bitch.
and you fucking love the cunt

It is because these are difficult to model well in most games. If you reflected the damage output and fire rate of an LMG, then it would just replace ARs as the king of weapons. Since they do a very poor job modeling the drawbacks.

if i go into cover then what's stopping them from doing the same and healing up? it's retarded

sure but you won't be taking as much damage and losing as many resources

if the game doesn't have resources then f u g

>*PLINK*

I love fuller auto

Even arma doesn't have some of the things I mentioned. Also arma doesn't have the same sorts of mechanics (e.g. spawn system) and maps of games like cod, nor does it have the target audience and marketing of cod.

As absurd as this may sound, at least a part of that is due to tripfaggotry going pretty much extinct. New trips showing up was the most obvious way to recognize someone new, that's pretty obvious, but the way certain anons interacted with or recognized certain trips was also a pretty sure telling of how long they've been here.

Attached: baller ballistics.jpg (640x1280, 116K)

Based and woodpilled.

Too far.

Attached: g3-wood-furniture-wood-furniture-lovely-on-clone-page-2-inside-remodel-intended-for-6[1].jpg (585x321, 45K)

>not having a pistol that's more accurate and does more long range damage then a sniper rifle

Attached: M6G_Pistol.png (1280x1034, 897K)

Not necessarily true even in games like COD. I often used shotguns in MW4, WAW and BLOPS and did very well at times depending on my mood for it I guess. SMG's in those games are also usually good. Sniper's are a meme weapon that people only play with to do epin quick and noscopes of course. Basically in COD AR's are absolutely king but you could still use other weapons effectively. AR are basically easy mode in most games where as other weapons often take more skill to use.

>Team Fortress 2 solved
Which Assault Rifle did they remove from TFC, exactly?

i've even seen folding stock fals and shit where guys have added wooden cheekpads and rests to the wireframe for comfort and class, looks wierd as fuck though

>game has all that but the moment you take aim a second reticle showing the actual impact point shows up
what's the point?

> t. has never used a bullpup rifle
> t. will pretend he served in aus army

watch

>Not having a class that can buff pistols that fire multiple shots into being just as accurate as snipers while also firing even more projectiles

Attached: Borderlands.jpg (614x600, 48K)

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Automatic_Rifle_(Classic)

For me, it's the Wingman

Attached: supreme gun.jpg (703x403, 186K)

>woodpilled

I think they call that viagra

>> t. will pretend he served in aus army
not him but did you?

>shooting 9mm glock at someone wearing a kevlar vest
>being surprised when the bullets don't penetrate it

Best AR in gaming.

Attached: StA52_Assault_Rifle.jpg (1287x437, 320K)

deals the same damage as the submachine gun, though.
The problem with is the accuracy

i never served, where the fuck did i say that, fuckwad?
i did do f88 austeyr course, and shoots with them though. and all the guys i've talked to who have served say the only reason the f88 sucks is the same thing that'd happen to any other rifle.

fucking retarded ass beaureaucrats. because the fuckwit politicians and beancounter remf motherfuckers refuse to buy adequate parts supplies, including things as BASIC as new fucking barrels, a lot of the guys said they had to take weapons with a gorillion rounds gone through them, so the barrels were fucked and they couldn't hit fucking shit with them.

go be a reee-ing cunt bag some where the fuck else, retardo. steyr is great weapon, the two stage trigger is light as fuck too.

I really hate when guns look like staplers

the memes are fun but i say that because often people interested in the game asking genuine questions get filled with memes that arent funny to them because they dont understand the game, making the community look like a bunch of jackasses and generally ruining the good vibes

Overpenetration can be an issue, even for 5.56, in certain situations and an SMG is perfect for soft targets

he's just some faggot being a REEE-tard.

he probably wanks off over meritard AR's.

>meanwhile when you let marines pick their sidearm they take the m1911

it's not just bureaucrats who are retarded

those are police problems
sorry, should've specified i meant battlefield use primarily

i bet you can't even name ONE downside to using m1911 relative to other sidearms

pretty sure only aus special forces use AUGs, not the army

doesn't explode like a stick of dynamite

Attached: glock.jpg (3780x2996, 738K)

couldn't you do a quick google before saying you were pretty sure of something?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_AUG#Australian_versions_2
so much bullshit out there because of people who were "pretty sure"

It too humane against the enemy

m1911 doesn't explode

>7 rounds

>Play FPS
>The well rounded do-everything assault rifle is most effective
>unless there's some OP bullshit sniper rifle with easy one shot kills at much greater ranges

>Play fighting game
>The well rounded do-everything "shoto" is most effective
>Unless there's some top tier zoner character with absurd reach that keeps everyone out

Finally someone says the most obvious criticism.

More than enough plus one to kill anything that moves.

yes that's the downside

so? dumb bitch, learn to hit your targets

I remember the news a couple years ago of aus special forces instating the gun, guess they were impressed enough with the performance to make it universal

that's like, without anything on it though. iirc you generaly are supposed to use those things with a big fat reducer on it and either a red dot or some shit. there's sexier models to that are all p90'd the fuck up too.

Attached: 1498206171845.jpg (736x490, 92K)

7 rounds is fucking nothing, dude. Why don't we go back to using 5-round bolt action rifles?

>8 threats

>dual-wield

military sidearms are purely for decoration, so aesthetics is what counts

Attached: scene-6542-Colt-1911-88175_IMG_3646[1].jpg (2430x1620, 1.29M)

i forgot battlefield is real life, and is supposed to perfectly resemble real war in every single way

you were probably thinking of original AUG vs. F88 AUG, which is the newer model

You are a scholar and a gentleman.

blops 2 was pretty okay for pistols
>decent 2-hit kill range
>holds 10 rounds
>can get 3 attachments because of the points system

Attached: tac-45.png (512x256, 36K)

how about a Deagle brand Deagle

So is that why everyone with a brain uses some double stack 9mm?

this just looks like a p90

patton pls

>play FPS
>everyone running assault rifle or sniper and camping
>pick SMG
>outDPS both of them at close range
>faster running speed than theyre used too
>perfect rushing strats to the point where Im always taking out 2-3 people at least before going down
>the enemy salt when they die that early on in the match
>perfect entryfragger

SMGs are heavily underrated
Even in BFBC2 they did work on the engie class, but medic in general was just better

I haven't played CS:S but I assume its the same for all source engine games, the hitboxes lag behind the actual character models during movement. You have to reverse lead. It's a terrible engine.

its just a big glaring issue with the steyr. if you have it in good order (and it is a stupidly hardwearing tested to destruction rifle to begin with, almost ak level 'fuck you i'm still gonna work good') but the politicians repeatedly refused to let the army have more money for buying more bvarrels, which is especially fucktarded since the og steyr we had before the a2/3 etc models, had that quickchange barrel you could just swap out. so its not loike it was a hard fucking sell 'have to take it back to the armoury to get the barrel swapped out' or anything.

the australian service rifle is the f88 austeyr, dude.

Attached: 1483755899760.jpg (420x163, 18K)

for police work, yes

>play call of duty
>shotgun shells literally disappear after a few meters
what the fuck is up with that shit

I meant to type haven't played CS:Go, I have played CS:S. My error is due to nosleep friday.

explain the glocknade meme pls

>a few meters
Because they have tiny maps designed for constant conflict, so ADHD children don't have downtime from the endorphin feed and don't walk away from the console
>>play call of duty
well there's your mistake

Escape From Tarkov?

the worst think about csgo is the RNG sprays imo
You ever perfectly tap the heads while standing still over a 100m difference but you miss and the other guy is jumping, twisting, holding down the trigger and the killcam shows one bullet going an insane angle right to your head

Truly competitive

It's because assault rifles and sub machine guns are both designed for engagements at 100 yards or less.
Since most games will inevitably have shorter ranged engagement zones, these weapons will inevitably be more useful in your typical FPS game (especially for an average skilled player). To prove my point however, games like PUBG, with large engagement distances trend toward favoring sniper rifles and other high damage, single shot weapons.
Unless the non automatic weapons are overtuned in such a way that playing without them is directly hurting your ability to play competitively, players will gravitate toward automatic weapons due to their versatility if ranges are very close.
If you do choose to overtune non automatic weapons, then you'll need to balance it in other ways, like CS does through the purchase mechanic (AWP is OP, but it's balanced because you can't always afford it), or like older arena shooters did through the weapon spawns throughout the map (again, limiting an op weapon to a single spawn in the mode of the map forces players to work for such weapons).
Games like CoD, BF and R6 all have loadouts in which players can pick and choose whatever weapons they start with. This means the balance between different weapons and their style of use have to be balanced more critically, or else you'll get shit where everyone is using the same weapon/type, like with the MW2 sniper rifles and quick scoping.

>you can't navigate tunnels with a rifle
I mean, back then, sure, but todays? Have you seen how short ARs are now? Dumbass

>assault rifles
>100 yards or less

i only played it years ago, but still. Shooting 5 shells at an unarmored target who's standing so close to you that you could poke them with a spear, and they take no damage at all is just retarded

The AWP is a victim of its success by the way, its too popular, on a balance stand point it should be nerfed heavily

If Im having a good day there is nothing an enemy team can do to take my objective this gun is just bullshit, even with flashes on predictable corners you can hit the blind shot and have more than enough time to take cover

If CoD had realistic shotguns, you wouldn't need any other weapon.

It's called rechamber an HK53.

Dakota, TSC, Michael's machines, BPP, and half a dozen others build them.

I mean you're not wrong

oh another gunfu thread

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u6.jpg (399x550, 32K)

>100 yards or less.
Stopped reading there.

>yards
Could you use an actual unit?

>sniper rifle is actually a cleverly disguised tec-9

Attached: 1200px-Vss_vintorez_01[1].jpg (1200x411, 60K)

something like that. i just glanced at the article in the paper in passing when i was having a coffee one day. read it, thought it was a neat idea, even if it is a meme round.

Not the same guy but you're still wrong. Modern rifles are tiny as fuck now and there's absolutely no reason to scale down cartridge wise in a military setting.

>100
300 for ars you moron

Most aesthetically pleasing battle rifle in existence. G3 gets an honorable mention.

This doesn't even make sense

Every game it's in it behaves more like a machine pistol than a sniper because the developers read "subsonic ammo" and though it meant effective range of 10 meters with less accuracy than a garden sprinkler

gtfo newfag

I think that's more because the devs read '9mm' and assume it's 9x19 instead of 9x39

Already am, that's why I hope they bring back lone star.

This

Is not reddit spacing

This is

Loved it ever since I discovered it in Operation Flashpoint as a kid

>tfw brother and his friends would never let me have the good guns in any game
>tfw lived off pistols and shotguns because that's all they left me
>tfw die-hard pistol/shotgun combo user now because of it
I want a game that doesn't exaggerate shotty spread, God that would be bliss.

Attached: 1533491457720.jpg (2000x1152, 211K)

Attached: 7f881171e4405076fecd3632c6ae25e0.jpg (611x793, 93K)

go look at some screenshots of old Yea Forums threads and then proceed to go back to r*ddit faglord

before the steyr the service rifle here used to be a licensed version of the FN FAL, in semi auto only called the SLR. very beloved by the servicemen who took it to vietnam, boreneo and malaya.

>game has smgs
>the assault rifles have better range and hip fire too
fuck black ops 4 on PC

Attached: Cordite_Belt-Feed_FPV_BO4.png (917x480, 1.05M)

>SMGs are heavily underrated
They are absolutely not. Many of the big FPSs have an SMG-heavy meta. CoD and Apex come to mind.

>fuck black ops 4
what were you honestly expecting user
good gunplay from a recent cod?

Fear.

Glocc Gen 2 .40 S&W had chambers that weren't fully supported.
This issue was solved but ha ha grenade funny joke xxxDD

Nobody is "from" here

Do the pellets still do damage past fifteen feet? If so I may have to check it out.

Is that pic how you imagine yourself?

>remember, switching to your pistol is always faster than reloading

Yes, but you rarely shoot past 15 feet.
Watch this for fun.
youtube.com/watch?v=XlgsmZHVXt4

That should only happen when you're doing target practice. And usually it's not a second reticle that you see. It's a tracer round.

No, I was just looking for an image with a shotgun in it. I only wish I was that cite

I dont get it
whats so bad about the top pick?

Shotguns are dicerolls in a lot of games and that pisses me off

There should be a good FPS where there is 0 RNG involved in the guns. Just use an extremely complex system that determines the trajectory off the bullets or spread based on wins, angle, speed of object etc

that wont feel nearly as bad to die to as a diceroll

>kalishnakov ak47
>is actually a franken-akm with a galil stock
>also misspelling kalashnikov
>also calling it ak47 when that was a pre-production type AK designation

new materials bad

old materials good

I don't really get the love for the FEAR shotgun. I've played the game multiple times and rarely find myself using the shotgun. It's got a fairly short one hit kill range, shorter than you would expect.

>in OP picture we see
>belgian jam-o-matic
>G36 with the picatinny shit
>fucking SIG 556 instead of pic related
>plastic AK
>KALISHNAKOV

In the name of /k/, you are the biggest faggot OP I've seen in a while, I'm tempted to frame you for a crime so you can go get gangraped in prison showers you cockgobbling faggot

also there have been plenty of cases where assault rifles weren't the OP guns faglord and I'm not going to name any because if you can't think of any example you either haven't played any FPS(which would be fine 2bh) or you're fucking underage and need to GTFO

Attached: 239.jpg (800x194, 41K)

I hope csgo never changes the awp. Shitters get so mad when they get fucked by that thing.

It's not OP's fault that games are full of Lego guns now and if you're not going to come up with examples then you may as well not post at all, anyone willing to identify themselves as a /k/ommando on other boards ought to know better.

One game with a fun shotgun (but not as realistic) is Bulletstorm. 4 barrels with an overcharge shot that melts anything in front of it. You can shoot the torso off someone with the thing.

Attached: boneduster.jpg (820x605, 158K)

It also sounds like someone hitting a bucket of spoons and gravel with a sledgehammer

/k/ is the easiest board to trigger

but the AWP IS the shitter weapon
its so ridiculously easy to use
That's the entire problem with it, even a shitter can sit in a corner or hold an angle succesfully if their internet isnt a lagfest

>3 people pushing a corner
>first person dies to AWP
>Everyone backs up instead of getting the easiest refrag of their life

reeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEE
also the AWP is so expensive it's totally balanced

>killer slide kicks
I can dig it.
I don't mind randomized pellet spread, the damage drop off is what irks me most. A buckshot pellet is going to fuck you up no matter what range you're at. No-spread servers in tf2 made the stock shotgun incredibly good because you knew exactly how many pellets you would be landing with each shot

That reminds me, the sound effects for the guns in Fallout 3 were made by some interns smashing up garbage cans in the Bethesda parking lot and recording the sounds. I'm not shitting you.

>carry handle
>aesthetically pleasing
Pick one. G3 looks better.

Is there a game where the size and weight of the gun affects gameplay? Other than movement speed based on the weapon currently equipped. For example, longer guns being harder to use in tight spaces, or heavier guns having lower aiming sensitivity or slower to aim down sights. The only game I can think of is RO2/RS, where guns can get "caught" in window frames and Americans can only use pistols in VC tunnels.

That and the train thing is hilarious.

Also remembering Modern Warfare where pistols are faster to equip and SMGs don't have a movement penalty when aiming down sights.

Fucking this. I don't get it either. It has insane spread and is useless if you're not hugging the enemy.

>not come up with any example
>while I posted SIG550 but didn't spoonfeed the name and referred to it as "pic related"

uhhh mein neger are you ok? here's another SIG for you, maybe you'll feel better after that

Attached: halbautomat-sig-sg-550-stgw90-pe-556x45-gp90-black-special_3.jpg (800x800, 111K)

To be honest though, guns in games hardly ever really sound like actual guns, probably because they were recorded from actual gunshots but without the sound engineer being there to hear it with his ears. The only way to make guns sound real is that someone uses their audio editing magic to make the sound effects sound like what he hears when someone shoots a gun, and that is very different from what a microphone records from a gunshot.
But I still doubt that slapping around some junk would end up sounding like guns when recorded.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The MW2 pistols were really strong, but nobody ever used them, including myself. Why would you use a handgun when you could pick a shotgun or machine pistol?

Anything that fired bullets in TS2 was better than nearly all the scifi ones

Attached: S47,DoubleBarrel,Garret,Mini.png (1094x175, 278K)

It's very arcade and barely noticeable but in Ghost Recon: Wildlands the "handling" stat of your gun determines how much the gun lags behind when you do wide sweeping body movements like singing fully around. It takes a long time acquiring a target when you turn 360° with an LMG, but you can almost instantly engage if you're wielding a sidearm.

Why does this gun have a rear sight but no front sight?

>I posted SIG550
You realize that's a gun and not a game right? I can think of at least 1 CoD where it had to be severely nerfed and was still dope, so specifically what game were you thinking about?

Lots of people used .44 Magnums akimbo or with the tac knife. They were amazing close range. The M9 was also pinpoint accurate. The Desert Eagle was unpopular because the sights were off.

It's covered.

Attached: file.png (1120x880, 1.04M)

>Pistol knife
>Commando
Farther range than any shotgun

The classes in Day of Defeat were better.

Yeah i don't really get that too LMG do less damage even tho they have bigger calibers so they are basically useless because you get killed first and shotguns are only useful if your like a meter away from somebody, anymore than that and the pellets become gummy bears... and don't even get me started on pistols

yes I posted only my gunfu, had OP not had such a faggy OP pic I would've contributed

>inb4 lego guns
no fuck off, knowing how to spell Kalashnikov is common knowledge and severely triggers my autism and I'm done posting ITT

but before I go have a couple more SIGs

Attached: sig_sg550_family.jpg (650x555, 42K)

Read as: I didn't have anything to contribute so I bitched instead.

Consider not identifying yourself with /k/ in the future.

it's not a bren ten.

>15 threats

2 hit kill
My favorite gun

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

It's because it's the easiest type of weapon for bad players to use.

Everything about modern video games is centered around making the experience easy for casuals.

I was hoping there was a game that does this. Why don't more games implement it? It could balance SMG's more against ARs.

>assault rifles belong the a class that can heal themselves and revive the death

Attached: u mad white boi.png (297x336, 116K)

Sounds like true to life. There's a reason why SMGs are being replaced by even police and special forces by carbines.

someone said this in 1998

a year later they released cs

Battlefield 3 Glock 18 is basically an SMG with super fast reload time

Make way for the greatest vidya shotgun.

Attached: Postal 2 sawn off,.jpg (1280x720, 257K)

>calling Yea Forums spacing "reddit spacing"

You need to go back.

>been on this wack website since 05
>have been using Reddit spacing before Reddit existed

One of the STALKER CoC weapon mods gives shotguns realistic range and spread, it was bliss. I beat the whole game with a pump shotgun and .45 just cause they were so fun to use.

You will never reach the top of klaadums ladder at this rate Jian scum.

>2 best weapons in the game are a pistol and a grenade launcher

I used a lonestar build except I had two top tier double barrel shotguns, and a sawed off double barrel shotgun sidearm.
Was hilarious just quick switch BLAM!ing niggas.

Good.
Fuck sniping.
Low effort faggotry.

They offer a middle of the road smg rof with a lot bigger cartridge.

>play CSGO
>the fiveseven can compete with the M4s due to armor pen and one shot HS
>only 5/10 less rounds per mag
>$2600 cheaper
>the tec9 can one shot HS now
>valve forgot to remove perfect running accuracy
>$2200 cheaper than AK
>people still use the deagle even though first shot accuracy was removed several years ago

Attached: lmao tbh fam.jpg (640x559, 23K)

>people posting the Glocknade meme even tho that only matter for Glocks that had unsupported chambers with overpowdered homebrews

I seriously loathe some of k and v.

Attached: 836B0B0C-9140-4675-B01F-B3CA3F9609AD.jpg (1024x576, 33K)

Shotguns may be useless but they are fun

>hittingspaceatanytimewhilewritingyourpost

>tfw you play pubg just because it's the only super popular game with somewhat realistic, meaty gunplay
>game for the most part is mediocre otherwise
i just want a great popular game with not-shit gunplay and weapons that aren't designed to fit in along with that merc_wip meme from /ic/

Attached: 1458443785436.gif (700x827, 510K)

I bet those same people are theorizing the possibility of using railguns in the future never realizing that the prime reason as to why the concept of electromagnetic guns exists is that combustion propelled projectile tech has reached its muzzle velocity cap due to chambers being unable to take any extra pressure.

Play Totally Accurate Battlegrounds, way more fun, has surprisingly good gunplay and also melee on top

Attached: Totally accurate war.png (628x2620, 108K)

Not true since SMGs will beat an AR in terms of rate of fire so they'll fuck you in CQC, shotguns have more damage up close so they'll fuck you in CQC, snipers have more range so they'll fuck you from far away. In all honesty, ARs are countered by more types of weapon that they're strong against.

Up close in a pinch, it absolutely destroys, second favourite secondary after the REX

In theory yes, but almost never in execution.

Snipers aside most weapon are focused to much on being situational and the situations they were designed for rarely happen or work the way the developers intended it to.

You may only choose one.
Which?

Attached: arma duo.jpg (702x145, 20K)

>Only shotguns and SMG are useless
peacekeeper and r99 are disgusting cqc shredders in apex

They tried making rifles an OHKO to the torso in BF1. It didn't work out

Why is the SA80 so rare in games?
>inb4 it's shit
It's not.

Attached: $.jpg (1024x819, 66K)

M4 makes more sense in practically any scenario.

>It's not.
It is.

Even the Bong special forces don't use it they're given the chance.

>Not true since SMGs will beat an AR in terms of rate of fire so they'll fuck you in CQC
*blocks your path*

Attached: peak performance.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

That's because realistic warfare is boring. Assault rifles are used because they are effective and have very little downsides. They fill most of the roles, even sniping can be done with an AK.

It was fucking godly in Battlefield 2.

No but if your weapons at all resemble their realworld counterparts then the benefits of the platforms are bound to be there too

>sufficient firepower allowing for damage + good range
>high magazine capacity
>select fire
It's just the most flexible no matter how you slice it.

kek

Attached: 1538165592905.jpg (390x369, 46K)

A rifle caliber carbine outperforms every pistol caliber submachine gun or special snowflake PDW round. The problem is you don't always want that kind of performance in something like a hostage situation. The only reason not to use a carbine is because it kills too good and you don't want overpenetration or collateral damage.

have sex

Muh silent takedown.

Sniper was fine before bf3 despite being only 1hko body shot but constant whining and memes about snipers result in DICE nerfing sniping to the ground. Now recon are glorified gadget user because DICE keep giving them stronger and stronger gadget to compensate when they already had strong gadget to begin with in BC2

Suppressed 9mm is still pretty loud if you're not running subsonic ammo

I mean 1hko headshot in

It's a good all round rifle, however it's not a rifle preferred by the special forces because it's relitivley big and heavy, and it's in a way a jack of all trades, master of none. Special forces pick rifles that are perfect for the job; they need something for close quarters, they will go with a smaller, more versatile rifle. They need something with more range, they will pick sniper rifles. The SA80 is simply a good all rounder.
Try firing it before voicing your opinion.

Like said, it's covered by the Smart Linked scope that connects to the user's HUD. There's even a chunky thumbscrew (horizontal red line) for removing it without tools if you have to go back to irons.

>Try firing it before voicing your opinion.
I have. British troops have participated in our national exercises for a few years now. Despite being a reservist I got to shoot the L85A2 just as they got to shoot our guns.

Then what's your issue with it?

A majority of the players get them since they're logically the backbone weapon of any military force in this day and age. Can fire single shot from a distance, lay down suppressive fire, and rapidly dispose of foes in close quarters all in one package.

Attached: 1496598989_rising-storm-2-vietnam.jpg (1610x722, 122K)

Sniper rifles are still OHKO on headshot in BF

It's too heavy for what it is. There's no point in a bullpup if it ends up heavier than the traditional arrangement rifles, especially if chambered in 5.56. The weapon is heavier than our milled receiver (!) AK clones chambered in 7.62x39. It's also rear-heavy and the fire selector positioning is poor. I won't complain about other ergonomics stuff though since that's probably just a training issue.

I'll admit that it functioned better than I expected in the cold though, and the sights it appears to be issued with are quite nice.

The problem is every other nerf that fuck it over
> scope glare
> suppression fire
> scope sway
> some meme sweet spot BS in bf1 that make sniper rifles simply unfun to play

I want a game that entirely consists of stupid, impossible guns

Attached: Literal chaingun.png (1347x1553, 1.32M)

>> scope glare
This is pretty excessive in BFV, especially since you even get it with the 3x scopes when using on snipers but not on the 3x scopes when using on other classes weapons.
>> suppression fire
That's gone now
>> scope sway
This has never been an issue for anyone competent. If we had realistic scope jitter in games it'd be much worse
>> some meme sweet spot BS in bf1 that make sniper rifles simply unfun to play
Personally I enjoyed that mechanic, but I can see why others didn't.

That's part of the reason why battle royales took off. They have large and "realistic" engagement distances while still keeping it gameplay arcade rather than simulation.

>snipers that can 1-shot you.
Everyone hates that shit and the kids playing it.

who here /fusil d'assaut/?

Attached: Machine_gun_by_MetaDragonArt.png (900x383, 44K)

Zoomer asking: Moot in every screenshot I've ever seen, seems like the biggest butthurt little bitch on the planet. I've met Tumblrsluts with better composure, how did this site ever become popular with what seems like such a massive crybaby administrating it ever launch?

Attached: 1552497168564m.jpg (928x1024, 109K)

Because he barely did anything

They were too good in MW2 and still suffer for it to this day.

That build was 100% better with two exotic mg42's, 1300 rpm with lonestar activated.

The Colt commando, which was short as fuck, saw wide spread use during the Vietnam war but the 1911 was the premier choice for tunnels because it only reached a little firther from your hand and allowed you to react quicker and be less encumbered during a hand to hand fight because you never knew when you were going to run into someone. The US military now fields generally the M4 carbine and the M16. Special forces use considerably different weapons, ranging from the SCAR and H&K platform to straight up AK's. None of those assault rifles that they field now are shorter than the Colt Commando. All the things you see and think are rifles are actually pistols with braces and extra modifications. Assault rifles are meant for mid to long range engagements, requiring them to regularly fire near 500m away effectively and this cannot be achieved accurately when the bullets running path is extremely short and makes it more affected by the elements.

Because he knew how to have fun

Attached: Friendly arguments.jpg (567x555, 114K)

>Ghosts made shotguns good again
>Nerfed range by 25% like 2 weeks in because SMGbabbies couldn't stand anyone having any sort of advantage over them ever

Attached: 4 AM.jpg (500x375, 28K)

SMGs are NOT for police work. Handgun bullets are higher mass and tend to keep their trajectory through shit like walls and pets better.

Is this bait?

>caring about a literal-who tripfaggot
even newfags aren't this retarded

No, because the MP5SD's integral suppressor reduces conventional ammo to subsonic speeds.

Hopefully MW4 makes them great again. Preferably as a secondary.

Wouldn't that cause ridiculous overheating of the barrel?

The reason why it got so popular to hate on reddit here was that they were seen as coming to our 'sekrit klub (no girls allowed)', stealing our memes without really understanding them and then driving them into the ground for upvotes, but people kind of forgot that over time as the oldfags left and the newfags came in. We were just left with this tribal assumption that 'anything I don't like is reddit', not realising that the things we hated about reddit were actually originally from Yea Forums. If you look at how oldfags from 10+ years ago were talking compared to now, you'd think it was the most reddit shit ever.

Attached: 12345774678.jpg (816x1356, 238K)

I assume there's a reason for the suppressor's relatively high volume.
youtube.com/watch?v=mdw3FUWThsg

thats a lot of samefagging

I don't doubt any of that but I was asking more about the crycuck Moot himself

Got a source for this? Not that it seems particularly outlandish but as a blanket statement it seems like a bit much, especially since anyone using an MP5 is probably using +p.

It's the complete opposite in BL2. AR's aren't viable in the slightest

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_MP5#Suppressed_variants

TAR-21 is cute

no u

Yeah, so?

I liked the mp5 in wildlands with the long barrel attachment more than an AR

I hate you little fucking kids.

>muzzle velocity was lowered anywhere from 16% to 26% (depending on the ammunition used) while maintaining the weapon’s automation and reliability. The weapon was designed to be used with standard supersonic ammunition with the suppressor on at all times.
Well I'll be.

I don’t get the reddit spacing meme. It’s literally the best way to form complete thoughts and have your sentences appear visually pleasing and easier to read.

Attached: 3E06F3FE-DAB8-4F37-A3D6-6BE677EBEAFB.png (397x461, 70K)

2 is weird, it feels like they slightly buffed rocket launchers then nerfed every weapon in the game so all enemies above your level became bullet sponges