Why do PC master racers buy skins in CS:GO?

Why do PC master racers buy skins in CS:GO?

You can rationalize the price by saying stuff like "You don't have to buy it," or "Only buy the cosmetics you want," while glossing over that players might want to change up their characters semi-frequently or that they have to tolerate this kind of fleecing in every damn video game they purchase because PC gamers aren't very smart

Attached: 1436073257760.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q9RjDRLBWio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

are there any multiplayer shooters which don't charge for cosmetics these days?

Because people are retarded. You don't need to try and rationalize to a large extent, just keep in mind half of the population has an IQ below 100.

>PC master racers
the type of person that does this shit doesn't identify with any kind of platform, and when they try it's obvious that they're just posers
this kind of shit is unironically for casuals who need to define their worth in a game through artificial wealth

Okay first of all if you play CSGO kill yourself.

second of all just dont play the game lawl.

It's e-peen and people who fall for it are mentally defective

I buy them because I like pretty things I can afford, plus they will always retain their value so at any point I can sell them for real cash or steam cash

reminder this thread was posted tenths of times already, check fireden

coz pc gaems are cheaper then console peasents games
we are rolling in muney

third of all, who the fuck cares what color the knife is?

>I buy them because I like pretty things
literally woman tier thinking lmao

I did end up spending 100-something bucks on TF2 keys for trading. It's the most played game in my life, I don't mind supporting it this way.

I liked when you were able to bet them on pro matches

>Get free skins
>Bet them on games
>Either lose your shitty free skins or multiply their worth
>Buy games on Steam with your newly earned gaben bucks

I'd buy a knife if I was invested in CSGO and played at GE+. But I'm not so I don't have one

it's only zoomers who don't know that dedicated servers used to have skins and that players used to download skins to mod their own game without paying.

real pc master race isn't playing anything with a cash shop or non-dedicated servers.

Don't you like pretty things user?or do you prefer to use the term "cool" or "masculine"

no

i like table saws, and table saws ain't pretty

Portable table saws look cute

Dumb sell when game release or sale, dumb buy when spare coin want shiny.

Attached: 1525384195213.jpg (675x675, 40K)

I never buy something because of its looks

For the same reason people spend millions of dollars on some shitty painting they hang on their wall

Clothes too? You don't take the look of clothes into consideration at all? You only look at the fabric?

That's why you're a virgin.

Why are knives always the ones that cost a shit load, you'll almost never use them.

I know one person out of 50 of the people I played CSGO with that actively buys skins just because he likes them. And the guy has like 5k€ a month at his free disposal. He simply doesn't give a shit if he spends 1000€ a month on skins and he also said he actually made a profit a few times by selling them again later.

because if you need the money, then you can just sell it back on the market. do you fucking know how the community market works? sometimes you can earn more money than you paid to begin with. if you have the money to spare, the question is why *wouldn't* you buy cosmetics in valve games?

not using cheats to change your skins LOL

other people can't see your client sided skinhacks which defeats the purpose of having skins in the first place, retard

Because they're the rarest, and also because they're completely new models/animations instead of just a skin. Given that you have your knife out for moving it's pretty likely that you'll have it on your screen more often than, say, a pistol, in any particular set.

I still can't wrap my head around how people went from making their own skins to buying them.

Mental illnes like donation

pic related
It isn't just PC players that do this.

Attached: der zoomer.png (434x327, 32K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Q9RjDRLBWio

I have 1200 hours in CSGO and I'm like one of the 5% people who don't have a knife skin. The only one I care about is a ~$1 AK skin that takes away the wooden components which otherwise make it look like it was dug out of ground after being buried for 15 years.

Most of the skins are made by the community so they now make money because valve gives them a cut which is an incentive to make more and better

The only PC players that play CS:GO are subhumans, so it's not surprising they would waste money on skins.

>always watched majors on both my accounts (mine and wife's)
>got about 6 cobblestone crates and some others
>never sold them
>cobblestone leaves the map pool
>crate price skyrockets
>use it to buy a $250 butterfly knife
>mfw

And not a single dime was spent

Attached: 7777770.png (184x184, 71K)

I got my knife by betting on pro matches years ago.
Never put a dollar into skins.

>been playing csgo for a week
>open first and only box
>get 500 eur gloves
The prices are insane actually