GOG.com is barely making any profit

tweaktown.com/news/65367/gog-com-barely-making-profit/

>Today CDPR announced its annual report for 2018, confirming some alarming financial trends for its DRM-free games store. Due to higher promotional costs for its new game Thronebreaker and increased operational spending, GOG only made around 30,000 PLN of profit in 2018, or about $7,800 in current USD conversion rates. This development underlines GOG's recent layoffs due to underwhelming earnings.

>But GOG is still making pretty good revenues from PC game sales. In 2018, GOG generated 131.5 million PLN, or about $34 million, from games sold across the store."GOG has been growing successively year-on-year and selling more and more," said CD Projekt RED CFO Piotr Nielubowicz.

>The issue is how much it costs to keep GOG up and running across multiple territories: it spent 73% of the revenues it made during the year to deliver those games to consumers, or about 95.8 million PLN ($25 million). After operating costs are factored in (another 46 million PLN or $12 million) and taxes, GOG profits sat at a rather small 30,000 PLN.

Hail to the king, baby

Attached: epic dawn of war.jpg (746x1040, 154K)

>epic shill spammer talking shit about GoG
You've gone too far this time, faggot.

well they got rid of their pants on head retarded (albeit beneficial for some euros) regional pricing scheme so that should help. They also spend money on getting shit running and TO the store, but running a digital storefront is going to be a slim margin market now that it is clear literaly anybody can do it.

Quit making this thread over and over again you retarded shill.

>gog shills seething over the fact that their stupid store is bad

GOG is the only marketplace for me. It doesn't matter how much you shit for the epic cancer.

Attached: epic can suck my cock.jpg (1246x571, 242K)

>GOG: fixes older games and delivers them in a clean package

>Epic: does nothing, overall inferior service to every other platform

what a competition

>buying games from any store when they're all easily and free to pirate
>running a DRM free policy aka basically giving your product away for free
Only retards buy games, it's all a question of which store can attract the most retards.

Everybody already knew this. GOG isn't realistically going to make money, its an elaborate marketing campaign for CDPR.
The reason CDPR are the "good guys" and "our boys", etc, is because of some of the philosophies of GOG. Its advertisement. If your advertisement publicity campaign makes up the money you spent on it, thats great. If it actually makes a tiny profit, thats amazing.

good taste, user

You people do know that your periodic, organized floods of pro-epic threads is completely transparent for everyone?

>buying games just to "own" them
>that you've already played and probably won't revisit

y u do dis

kys commie

Enjoy every game being multiplayer with microtransactions.

The point is to raise awareness that the Epic Store exists, and its a big deal. Actual opinion doesn't matter, so its irrelevant if you know you are being marketed to. You still went from thinking the Epic Store is just where you download Fortnite to, to thinking the Epic Store is a legitimate store that spends money for Yea Forums threads.

dev don't put their game on gog , only on steam
this is ok
dev put game on epic
this is not ok$

GoG was always seen as a viable option to Steam because they neither moneyhatted exclusives nor used intrusive DRM. If that's supposed to be bad in your eyes, then you're deluded, chinkshit.

Attached: epic vs steam.png (1200x800, 1.65M)

>profitable
>growing every year
Hail to the king indeed.

>niche store with nice products doesn't make a lot of money
WOW

How is GOG bad? It's the best store by far.

I like GOG and the services they provide. I buy the older games so newer games can one day come to the store, i buy the games so more older games can come with easy installers and compatibility out of the box.

Imagine being a nigger

Epic game store fags still defend this

Attached: 1553515797410.webm (1259x992, 1.85M)

Yeah it exists and these threads made me mentally put it in the same category as uplay.

More like market itself is growing

>Victor Vran
Shit dude I forgot about this game, wish it had more customization.

So by that logic then Uplay, Origin, and every single brick and mortar should have grown in 2018, right?

you people do know it is a shitpost/bait thing right?
the purpose is to get (you)s lots of attention and make valvebros seethe

I know you're trying really hard with this but this is the dumbest shit I've ever seen. What retard compares a niche store that sells retro games with Fortnite?

There are too many good games on GOG. I have almost two hundred and like 200 more on my wishlist and i am probably missing a ton.

This picture scares me because of how accurate it is. Steam will "win" in the end but we will live in a dark age of gaming in the aftermath

It's catalog is small
Customer support is ass
And almost no MP games.

>It's catalog is small
Small compared to what?
>Customer support is ass
Customer support what on point when i has to use it.
>And almost no MP games.
There are hundreds of MP games, you are simply retarded.

>a game store that primarily only sells old games to a current game audience that refuses to play old games
really gets the old neurons firing

That's precisely the thought in my mind as I was making it.

Yes.

Attached: Lnhr2p5.jpg (1052x2420, 909K)

But Yea Forums and EPIC chinks told me competition was good.

>GOG lives off publishers and developers putting their games on every store front
>Epic starts taking away games exclusively
>GOG suffers no other revenue stream
>humble jews sell both steam, epic whatever platform partners key and subscription service
>Valve can buy out and partner with anyone under the sun exclusively on their store and still makes billions through micro transactions

>we only made 34 million dollars last year
>is this the end?
Fuck I hate corporations. Nothing is worse than watching something go from humble beginnings to massive, bloated, wasteful dumps of shit.

>No fucking DRM
>Old classics that you won't find somewhere else, and they are patched to work on new OS and PC.
>You can download DRM free installer and install games without GOG galaxy(GoG client) and play.

There will be no better game store than GOG

Have epic given a single reason to use their service yet?

>Hail to the king, baby
kys shill chinks

Bless you user. You are doing God's work to educate the masses about Communist espionage. I guarantee they will use this in a zero day attack.

They only made $7,800 last year, though. Can't you read?

Cd projekt will release two big AAA games by 2021, GoG should be good since a lot of people will buy there cuz it will support dev directly and cost less comapring to steam.

revenue != profit

>higher promotional costs for its new game Thronebreaker

Don't shill faggy games no one will buy, case closed

Shouldn't have killed your card game by turning it into a casual shitfest, pollacks.

Based and goodtastepilled.

>Wasted lodsemone shilling a card game no one cares about
lol, why does this keep happening?

I liked Thronebreaker, I just wish they kept the Gwent parts to 3 rounds, because when its 1 round the game makes no sense.

Gewent was already declining, that is WHY they made the changes. Ended up not working as a revival, and its objectively worse now, but don't act like they killed it. Rather tried to bring it to life, but ended up just making it explode into gibs.

The filename of this pic pisses me off more than anything else

Attached: 1549588878545.jpg (1004x493, 180K)

imagine being a Steam nigger.

Hmmmm...

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-29 CD Projekt plans to create 250 new jobs despite last year's profit and re (741x1017, 82K)

Thronebreaker was a good game, but it's clear they were basically stuck with Gwent as its combat since it started out as a Gwent expansion. It really would've benefited from an actual tactical RPG combat or something. Hell, you can probably count on one hand how many Gwent MATCHES there are in Thronebreaker and most "fights" are puzzles to figure out.

Attached: dario-jelusic-thronebreaker-contest-gwent-details.jpg (1280x1792, 652K)

Witcher still making milions for them 4 years after release? lol

Epic is a store for cucks. It's literally that guy that buys his chick friend all the shit she could want. He buys her makeup and lingerie in hopes that she'll finally love him back and fuck him. But the end result is that she just fucks other dudes and he's left footing the bill. He sits outside her house and watches her, crying every time another dude shows up to dick her.

So yeah, thanks Epic for funding all those retarded devs, It's great to know you'll cover the cost of development and failure and I can freely pirate with a clear conscience. Keep it up.

>Literally do no make profit off your store
>Still run it and keep fixing old games so everyone can play them
Thank you based cdp