Sekiro VS Dark Souls

The timer has come. Rate Sekiro in comparison to the Dark Souls games and explain why.

Bloodborne >> Dark Souls 1 > Sekiro >Dark souls 3 = Demon Souls > Daark Souls 2.

BloodBorne and Dark Souls 1 win because of the variety of builds you can use enhancing replay value. With Sekiro, you maybe just want to try a different ending with new combat skills in NG +

DS and BB get the edge. Vote here but explain why:strawpoll.me/17699763

Attached: froms.jpg (1080x500, 553K)

>bloodborne >> anything
Here we go again.

Attached: use in case of phonies.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

I haven't beaten it yet.

They're all bad.

Attached: Ryu Hayabusa.png (724x1000, 466K)

Sekiro is cheese-proof on MOST bosses, so it wins. No nubs grinding levels.

i played souls games maybe once or twice each. whats the appeal of "builds"? I like the games for the level design and exploration and once I know all the nooks and crannies I lose interest. sekiro > souls btw

Dark Souls let's you beat the game even if you're casual. It can be difficult but balanced well with summoning.

Sekiro is WAY better than Bloodborne, and this is coming from someone who bought a PS4 just for Bloodborne.

I love Sekiro's mobility, but Bloodborne nailed the atmosphere and had varieties of combat to use that Sekiro doesn't have. What incentive is there for NG+ in Sekiro? A better ending if you fucked up, maybe a few skills?

Attached: sh2465.jpg (1300x620, 101K)

Dark Souls>Demons Souls>BloodBorne>Dark Souls 3>Sekiro>Dark Souls 2

BB=Sekiro>DS3>DS1>DS2>DeS

. If your checkpoints in Sekiro were Crucifix sculptures, wouldn't you be mad?

Why Aren't Buddhists complaining, since your checkpoints are literally Buddha statues??

>wouldn't you be mad?
no

>varieties of combat
>dodge-dodge-dodge whack
>rub some poop on your weapon for more damage
>variety

>BloodBorne and Dark Souls 1 win because of the variety of builds you can use enhancing replay value.
By this logic, Ds2 is the best due to the biggest amount of variety in weapons and dual wield combinations.

I know many Christians that would be, thanks to the "no graven image" commandment.

There are so many Budhas in this game, I can't help but think they are pushing it on us. Anyone else feel that?

Buddhist sculptor saves you. Buddha statues are your save-points. Every zone has giant Buddha or Bodhisatttva sculptors.

cause it takes place in japan dum dum

If it makes you feel any better, they're all done in a hellenic style.

This is like complaining about too many crosses in games set in middle-age Europe

Can i take my newly aquired deflect skills to fuck shit up back in bloodborne? i remember it being very parry oriented

nioh master race both of those suck in comparison

>varieties of combat to use
you're joking, right?

I think such a trite comparison is insufficient.
>Combat
Sekiro > DS1 =butdifferent= Bloodborne > DS3 > DS2 > DeS
>Worldbuilding / Atmosphere
Ds1 > DeS =butdifferent= BB > Sekiro > Ds2 > Ds3
>Level/Map design
DeS > Ds2 DLC's only > Sekiro == BB > Ds1 > Ds3

Sorry but i'm objectively correct.

Does anyone know if the parry window was widened in Sekiro?

There are some bosses, like Ashina Elite, that some to require frame-perfect parrying.

Your skill in Sekiro is basically how well you parry. I suck ass, but you can just mash the parry button most of the time.

Can someone honestly answer me why so many people rate Bloodborne so highly? Is it phone posters who don't own PCs?

I know this will sound like a shitpost, but I literally bought a PS4 just to play Bloodborne and I found myself completely unable to stomach playing it with the frame drops and sub-30 FPS average.

Most of my PC games I run at 160 FPS+. I've played all the Dark Souls games at 60, and I've been playing Sekiro with an uncapped framerate sitting on average around 110-120 FPS.

I don't see how Bloodborne can be rated the highest when in my opinion, it isn't even playable. Is it better on PS4 Pro or something? Because from what I understand, the benefits of the Pro are marginal when it comes to BB.

Honestly don't get it.

How the fuck is DS1's level design rated so low, the sequence breaking and interconnected world is literally what carried the game because the combat was shit

>Most of my PC games I run at 160 FPS+.
The human brain can't process anything 60 frames plus. Welcome to Placebo land.

Too be fair you can cheese half the bosses with prostetics and things like anti air skill. Even so i still think this is the best souls game from ever made

I used to think so too, until I bought a 165 Hz monitor and experienced it myself. If you can't notice the difference between a 60 Hz monitor and a 165 Hz monitor side by side, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe your eyes are fucked from getting too much semen in them.

The console human brain can't process anything above 30 fps

I loved Demon's Souls, but the level design wasn't anything to write home about, especially compared to Dark Souls 1. There's a few clever ways around, but a lot of the areas are also super phoned in, like 1-2 or 2-2, and some areas are complete clusterfucks like 5-2. Plus, being hub-based with completely isolated zones is directly inferior to the interconnection DS1 is famous for. Plus, for its world design flaws, DS2 was a direct improvement in terms of combat. That guy is just a retard

>I know this will sound like a shitpost
You were right.

The problem with Sekiro is that everything is centered around Ashina Castle, areas like Sunkrn Valley and Mt. Kongo are sweet but way too short.

DS1 is overrated. Has some good parts and high nostalgia factor, bad also many bad/unfinished parts and bad upgrade mechanics.

Running along rooftops with the ninja fuckers along the castle was real fun, but it definitely feels like Sunken Valley and Kongo are side areas in comparison. I've enjoyed discovering them from exploring around and shit, but I agree with you there that it's all about Ashina
IMO, Sekiro still manages to live up to the spirit of DS1's god-tier world design, especially compared to DS3/DeS being practically linear for the most part, but it fell a bit short in terms of execution and scope.

Bloodborne is just a Dark Souls reskin which was a massive disappointment to me, Sekiro elevates the combat to the next level.
So for me, Sekiro > Dark Souls 1 > Bloodborne > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2.

Ashina Castle is shorter than the rest, it only seems long the first time because it's not as linear as the other areas and more of an open map.

Sekiro > Bloodborne = Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 1 > shit > Dark Souls 2

Sekiro is the most complete, cohesive FromSoft game. Best combat, story is great, quests are great, bosses are GOAT, spooky stuff.

>varieties of combat
Souls i could understand, since the builds can get vastly different, but bloodborne plays the fucking same essentially.

also DS1-tier world and map design.

Sekiro has the best combat but the least replayability

>Dark Souls 2 lowest
Hi ledit.

Attached: 1522853455488.png (1003x712, 351K)

Sekiro has the best combat, but loses in every other category. Anyone who honestly thinks it has better level design than Souls and Bloodborne is probably still in the honeymoon phase. Half the fucking game is rooftops, and it’s mostly centered around Ashina Castle. Go play Bloodborne, DS1&3 again after playing Sekiro, and then honestly try to tell yourself Sekiro has better designed areas.

Apart from that it doesn’t have as much combat and depth as Soulsborne, and lacks behind in music and replay value. I can’t wait for the honeymoon phase to be over and people realize it’s a great game, but not the holy fucking grail of Miyazaki shit.

It doesn’t have as much content* is what I meant.

It's not the reddit opinion, it's the majority opinion. It's ok to have a minority opinion, user.

Bloodborne level design wasn’t that impressive though. Dark souls had good level design. I agree with everything else though. Sekiro has the best combat and good level design but it lacks everywhere else.

>Sekiro
>deflect deflect whack
>dodge
>variety
Lol I can make oversimplifications too.

Complaining that Sekiro's full of rooftops is like criticizing Souls for being full of medieval castles and cathedrals, it comes with the setting

I have literally almost every area in Bloodborne that I've only ever beat it twice. You know that feeling of "Ugh, this area?" you get in every Souls game, that is the entirety of Bloodborne for me apart from the DLC.
I agree though, Sekiro level design is bleh. Remove the grapple and it would be literal kino, Fountainhead would be one of the most memorable areas in a long time had it not been for the grapple or ability to climb.

Sekiro is better than Bloodborne simply because it isn't limited to fucking 30fps.

It might make sense for the setting, but we're talking about level design. It's just inferior.

BB > DeS > DaS > Sekiro > DaS2 > DaS3.

Attached: 1553811420253.jpg (1200x1200, 154K)

Dodge whack literally describes the combat loop of Souls though. Sekiro's not great but it's a whole lot better since it's more like deflect counter dodge interrupt whack

>be on a contrarian website
>have the same opinion like everybody
based redditarian

>20fps grim dark adventure

DeS=Sekiro > BB > DaS1 > the rest
DeS and Sekiro are actual games whole the rest are just DeS clones.

BB > DaS ≥ DeS > Sekiro > DaS2 > DaS3

I thought it was really well done, and in terms of PvE, I think it's SIGNIFICANTLY better than DaS3 and DaS2. Gonna do a few more runs, and I hope it gets a DLC, which could easily bump it a couple spaces up on my rank. I expect a DLC late this year.

Attached: sekiro_one_armed_wolf.jpg (1350x900, 184K)

Only turbo Sony niggers think Bloodborne is better than Dark Souls 3.

>2019
>PCux continue to claim that BB and DeS are bad despite never actually playing either

O I am laffin

Attached: 1553828313599.webm (480x360, 1.85M)

Worse, they tend to think DaS3 is good.

Sekiro-
>pop a buff in the brief moment you have before being attacked
>deflect like a boss
>step to re position, time the iframes precisely to the end of a combo
>whack a few times, get parried because enemies will actually put up some kind of defense against getting murdered
>jump to avoid attack because you can't rely on extremely generous iframes to phase through matter like the albinos in Matrix
>double your jump for some poise damage, air-whack to keep pressure
>step back and throw shuriken to interrupt combo
>switch to spear to take off some of opponent's armor
>deflecting this entire time
>mikiri counter, follow up with a swipe
>throw some firecrackers to heal and get a whack if there's time

meanwhile, bloodborne is still
>rub poop on weapon
>dodge x 999
>whack once, run away like a pussy
>parry from a safe distance because you literally have a gun lmao
>win

Attached: gleeful grin.jpg (419x433, 58K)

I havent beat sekiro so it might take number one but i would say bloodborne then dark souls or sekiro second

Sekiro is more akin to Ninja Gaiden, minus the babes, rock/techno music, and weapon variety.

>Yea Forums eternally triggered that Sony gave us the greatest vidya franchise in the last decade

Sony didn't give us Fortnite.

Oh man, I already see the makings of an obnoxious holier than thou fan base in the making, from Sekiro.

It’s a good game, but some of you who thinks it beats Souls and Bloodborne in all categories need to get your shit together. Sekiro ain’t gonna have the same staying power as Soulsborne. The lack of builds, short length, an no pvp will guarantee that. If anything it’ll make people crave From Software to do another action rpg.

>Bloodborne
>variety of builds

That's a laugh. A billion tiny variations of the same Dex build is not variety. And putting it ahead of DS1, a game that has actual variety in its builds just marks you as the ultimate snoyboy.

>snoyboys continue to claim DeS and BB are the best Souls games just because they are the only exclusives for shitty not-PC

O I am laffin

Bloodorne is a 6/10. That is all.

They don't bring up DeS too often now that anyone can emulate it

>DaS1 a game that literally copy pasted DeS and nerfed some of the weapon's movesets
>build variety
Lmao.

>staying power
Who cares about what manchildren playing dress up and the awful pvp have to say about a game's quality?

Sekiro will be forgotten very fast since it doesn't have any charismatic characters (except Sekiro), bosses or areas.

Fact: Sekiro's gameplay shits on Bloodborne.

Pot noble, checkmate.

BB>Sekiro=DaS1=DeS>DaS3>DaS2
I really want Sekiro to get a good DLC like Bloodborne.

Attached: 814380_20190328150151_1.jpg (1920x1080, 992K)

ds1>bb>ds3>sekiro>ds2>das

I loved sekiro, the combat was tight with fun fast paced movement; and the bosses were top tier.
It's lacking in all other areas though, specially replayability, exploration and ofc multiplayer.
If dark souls 2 weren't such a clunky unfinished mess it would probably rival sekiro.

>haven't played sekiro yet
>this is my exact feeling
oh fuck yes

Based

>but you can just mash the parry button most of the time
thats how I defeated the Ashina Elite... pretty sad 2bh

>who is Isshin

>manchildren playing dress up

You just proved my point...

People that put DS3 higher than DS2 are so delusional in their hate towards the second game they can't think objectively.

Attached: gee.jpg (800x800, 72K)

>lacking in all other areas though, specially replayability, exploration and ofc multiplayer
Not every game has to be copy pasted demon's souls.

I beat Sekiro using two strategies on all bosses...

>Genichiro and Owl
Parry parry parry parry attack attack. Rinse and repeat.

>Literally everything else.
Sprint and circle strafe a good distance from them contantly. Once they whiff an attack, move in for a whirlwind slash. Rinse and repeat.

I liked the game, but fuck I miss Dark Souls and Bloodborne. When I beat Sekiro, I honestly just craved playing Nioh again. I like trying different weapons and builds. Sue me.

>say the sky is blue
>"psh...predictable Sekirofags"

But in a thread where we are comparing souls games to sekiro, multiplayer it has to be mentioned

>Customizing your armor and weaponry to fit the build you're aiming for.
>"Hurr manbaby playing dress up!"

>complains about a lack of different weapons and builds (aka ways to play a game)
>plays the whole game the same way even though it's clearly the slowest and least efficient method available
Are Soulsfags legit retarded?

Nigger who do you take me for? I've played the games, I've been in the threads. The "build difference" comes down to how many times you press R1 after dodging and people even fucking obsess over weaponfu that they use across all games along with making waifus and "fashion souls", it's literally a group of manbabies who are treating it like Honey Select with swords & dragons

Dark souls 2 vanilla +dlc>dark souls 1>dark souls 2 softs> dark souls 3>Sekiro

You don't have to be a dumbass just because OP is one. Comparing Sekiro to Souls is like comparing apple to oranges.
I think the only thing they have in common is that they're both third person games.

Winning is winning. I was almost guaranteed a win when I circle strafed. Why would I make the game harder for myself? For brownie points that no one but myself could possibly give a fuck about? Who cares. High Difficulty was not what I valued most in From Software games.

DaS1>BB>Sekiro>DaS3>DeS>DaS2

DaS1 just hit the right balance between RPG and Action for me, plus i like the medieval setting and the story is my favorite.

BB is more action than what i would wish for, but its still lots of fun, and has the most satisfying combat.

Sekiro is the hardest game and i really enjoy the thrill of beating the bosses, but i feel the combat is a bit too shallow and it has no replayability.

DaS3 has some of my favorite boss fights and it has my favorite setting (apocalyptic medieval, looks like a metal cover most of the time), but you can tell it was an obligation game, which makes me sad.

DeS is the most creative title, with the most innovative ideas, but outside of that it has been surpassed by the other games in every way. Great atmosphere though.

DaS2 is not a bad game and has TONS of content, but there is a bunch of tiny little gripes that accumulate into a chore of a game. The best choice for a remake, tons of potential.

Not him but most arts aren't actually either applicable OR good in most fights. And I've only found two enemies that can get their armor stripped.

> The "build difference" comes down to how many times you press R1 after dodging and people even fucking obsess over weaponfu that they use across all games along with making waifus and "fashion souls", it's literally a group of manbabies who are treating it like Honey Select with swords & dragons.

Wrong again friend.

Oh wow it has now a jump button its a completely different game
ninja gaiden and devil amy cry shit completely over it to what am i supposed to compared it to faggot

Mayhe you’re thinking ofmprotestants and Catholics. Orthodox have no problem with putting crosses everywhere.

as far as the PvE experience goes
BB = DeS > Sekiro > DaS1 > DaS3 > DaS2

Attached: d1b98b044c260cc4d287cb3854189970.jpg (588x1000, 125K)

Sekiro = BB > DeS > DS > DS2 > DS3

Oh, I didn't know I was talking to OP.
Never mind then.

Nice meme

It's better but not by much

BB => Sekiro > DaS = DeS = DaS3 >>>>>>>> DaS2
They're all great games either way except Dark Souls 2

>Winning is winning.
>Why would I make the game harder for myself?

What the fuck is this attitude? Why did you even play the game? To get to the end credits ASAP and then go shitpost on Yea Forums about how you did it? You make it harder on yourself because it's fun, learning the different moves is fun, timing your deflects well is fun, the fights have a nice flow and it's enjoyable to see yourself be able to consistently time and counter everything perfectly and end phases in 20 seconds. That's literally what action games are made for. Or do you need some extrinsic rewards just to engage with a boss' moveset? You people are ridiculous.

sekiro is boring because you never discover anything. by which I mean, there are no cool items or places or upgrades, in souls for example when you kill a boss you at least get a bunch of souls so you can level up and it had a story effect or special soul you could use to make a weapon, so you got a little reward and learned some lore stuff or had new things to try out/explore. in sekiro you just killed a boss, congrats faggot, nothing happens. you don't even get money for killing bosses in a game where the (very few, out of many) worthwhile items are expensive as fuck. the stealth shit is completely useless after the first couple hours too, and there's nothing to find by sneaking around or exploring with your grapple besides shitty useless items that are all worse than just whacking everything with your katana. it's like how everything in witcher 3 is useless except witcher gear.

now that the dust has settled, it's shit t.b.h. I liked it at first but the honeymoon period has worn off and idk if I'm even going to bother finishing it, bottom of the totem pole as far as the "souls/bloodborne/sekiro" paradigm goes

DUDE HALLOWEEN SPECIAL DARK SOULS

Sekiro>DS3>DS>BB>DeS>DS2

>expensive?

What? There’s too much money in the game and it’s super easy to buy stuff.

>nothing to find
There’s combat arts and upgrade materials and minibosses you unlock by exploring and beating other bosses

Sounds like you haven’t played it much

Sekiro gameplay is better than Bloodborne by far. Dark Souls 1 is cool for his time but a slog nowadays, same for Demons Souls if you let the retarded nostalgia behind.

Also might as well summon for every Dark Souls boss, winning is winning right?

They are very similar games, sekiro has a different approach to combat and jumping but that's about it.
Otherwise the game is structured similarly, you got many of the same kinds of items, bonfires, prostetics and skills as a substitute for weapons with different movesets.
Don't confuse the lack of features for features

>for its time
>nostalgia
>10 and 8 year old games

Attached: 1553282609013.png (250x418, 121K)

what are you, 40?

>not having nostalgia for a 10-8 year old game
Holy fuck you are retarded.

You have to be 18 to post here.

Attached: 1535131276103.jpg (480x360, 11K)

I am mostly talking about divine confetti, I know you can farm from blue samurai/money becomes trivial after fountainhead, but the way it works is just shitty and gay. and sure there are shinobi tools, too bad they are mostly pointless like I said. I have yet to find anything that using shinobi tools was worth it over just parry spam/katana, the only one I use semi-regularly is shuriken and that's mostly just so I can do the lunge-to-enemy skill

If we going for a build variety, then DaS2 should be top of the list. It went through some retarded meta during updates but in the end there is so much builds you can try and are viable.
Th game is the longest in the series too I think, note that I'm not implying length=quality.
Got some both amazing and shit DLC's. I guess you can say that about entirety of game.

>it's a Fromsoft releases "dude immortality curse" storyline game #1,309,583 episode

what the fuck is miyazaki's problem, why is so obsessed with angsty zombie curses

I'm really enjoying Sekiro, just wanted more lore stuff like scrolls and shit. The exploration would be nicer and more rewarding if you get to know more about the world and characters than just finding consumables.

What I find ironic is that Soulsfags complained about DS2's durability which forced varying up weapons and group enemy encounters that rewarded good use of different weapon and tools because it didn't let them stick to 1 gay build they had in mind, while now they're acting like they've been switching weapons and armor around constantly for every boss fight and encounter to really explore that combat depth instead of sticking to their "weaponfu" and mashing R1. Garbage fanbase desu.

>pop a buff in the brief moment you have before being attacked
Buffs are L I T E R A L L Y the exact same thing thing as rubbing shit on a weapon except you shove some of grandma's lifesavers in your mouth.

>deflect like a boss
Deflecting is just spamming L1 at any point when the enemy is going to attack you, 90% of which are easily anticipated.

>jump to avoid attack because you can't rely on extremely generous iframes to phase through matter like the albinos in Matrix
Sorry bud but the jump is sekiro has iframes too, just like the dodge, not really proving anything here, it's just another variant of dodge lmao.

>step back and throw shuriken to interrupt combo
I'm sorry did you mean the re-skinned gun??

>switch to spear to take off some of opponent's armor
Are you talking about armor that one enemy wears that appears a handful of times in the game?

Bloodborne and Sekiro are both great games but you're a fucking retard if you think like this. Every weapon in Bloodborne has two forms, TWO(2) move sets for every weapon, the bosses are by and large much more offensive too which just makes for a different experience, not a worse one. Dodging like a spastic faggot in Bloodborne WILL get you killed so that doesn't hold much weight either.

Attached: what.png (314x341, 233K)

true

Souls games:
>oh here's a cool weapon
>use it for part of the game
>oh weapon got boring, let's try a new one
>k***h fartorias has invaded
>that guy had a cool weapon, where do I find that?

Sekiro:
>cool weapon
>oh weapon got boring
>...

DaS > Sekiro > DeS > Bb > DaS3 > trash > DaS2

I prefer exploration in games, and I think DaS is the game with the most fun and rewarding exploration out there, no other souls compares with it.
I love the atmosphere of Bb, and a few boss fights, but that about it. Mobs and mini-bosses aren't fun to fight against, big bosses are trash, and the game is really short fuck.
Sekiro is up there because the gameplay is the best one by far, it's only behind DaS because the world design is weak.

>switch from sword to a different sword
>realize that you're doing the same shit and all that changed is how many times you press r1 after a dodge and some numbers that don't affect the gameplay loop at all
>realize that this applies to nearly every single weapon and only something like 3 categories matter

The level design is harmed by the fact that FROM doesn't understand how to place bonfires anymore.

In DS1, early before the level design goes to shit, they made real effort to reuse existing bonfires as much as possible. Like the first Undead Burg bonfire, or Firelink. So there were less bonfires total, but the difficulty was balanced because you are constantly opening up new shortcuts back. While in newer games, including Sekiro, because you can warp from the start, it's not as important.

The super long lifts made the world feel more connected than these weird warp walls that Sekiro has. Like where is that one in the top of Ashina Castle going to?

>Buffs are L I T E R A L L Y the exact same thing thing as rubbing shit on a weapon except you shove some of grandma's lifesavers in your mouth.
Show me the weapon buff that affects VIT damage, posture damage, stealth, gives you a significant tradeoff, etc...
>Deflecting is just spamming L1 at any point when the enemy is going to attack you, 90% of which are easily anticipated.
We've been over this. Spamming L1 is objectively less effective than timing it correctly, and the retards who spam L1 instead of timing them are the same retards who spam dodge in BlunderBorne / complain about the combat being "hard" or "boring." Yes, if you attempt to play the game as one giant cheese, it will be less fun than actually gitting gud.
>Sorry bud but the jump is sekiro has iframes too
Irrelevant. None of the defensive options in Sekiro have iframes comparable to BlunderBorne's extremely generous ones. If you're jumping over an attack successfully, chances are because you're avoiding the hitbox completely- not due to iframes.
>did you mean the re-skinned gun??
Shuriken doesn't parry, are you trying to compare them...?
>Are you talking about armor that one enemy wears
You mean the bell giants, other armored giants, the Jouzu miniboss bros...
>Bloodborne and Sekiro are both great games
Yikes.

Attached: grinning loli.png (406x382, 222K)

>invasions
>every different weapon requires a different tactic

You're forgetting magic/miracles those can be considered weapons too.
But I understand you don't like any verity at all

OMG seems that now the second half of DaS is not shit anymore!

>Spamming L1 is objectively less effective than timing it correctly, and the retards who spam L1 instead of timing them are the same retards who spam dodge in BlunderBorne / complain about the combat being "hard" or "boring."

incorrect, against many bosses with fast combos you virtually have to L1 spam, and even then it works against many of them with slower, predictable combos. yes it's better to time it, but spamming is not really punished compared to bloodborne where you die because you run out of stamina to keep rolling. the posture you lose from L1 spam isn't near as bad as getting hit when you can't roll anymore in bloodborne

Not a single game after Dark Souls 1 understood what made its bonfire placement and world design actually good and capitalized on it. Eventually FROM must have realized that no one actually likes running past all enemies to get to the boss and waiting around for elevators so they just cut out that aspect altogether which is good. Even if they kept all a lot of the shortcuts within levels it would be a waste of time and nothing else because unlike Dark Souls which gives you reasons to want to use those shortcuts and travel the world the newer games have no such thing due to warping from the start and poor general world layout. The closest thing was Dark Souls 2 snowy DLC where you had to backtrack which rewarded actually using all those shortcuts you've unlocked but again it seems like a happy accident.

>incorrect
Wrong again!
>against many bosses with fast combos you virtually have to L1 spam
Nope! You're just bad at the game. Did you really never play a rhythm game before? Can you not keep a beat? I thought it was a meme, but the "Sekiro has outed Yea Forums" thing is real. So many of you are just flat-out terrible at your chosen hobby!
>the posture you lose from L1 spam isn't near as bad as getting hit when you can't roll anymore in bloodborne
Oh? Don't you virtually always take more proportional damage in Sekiro from an unblocked hit? Don't you objectively have less healing items in Sekiro?

Attached: tom cruise is confused.jpg (386x395, 47K)

Miracles and magic have their equivalents in Sekiro's prosthetics and abilities except they don't force you to be at the end game to respec or restart the whole game to be used. And I hope you're talking about Dark Souls 2 when you're talking about PvP variety because it was utter dogshit in 1 and 3

I literally spam L1 against like a third of the sword bosses and have not gotten stuck on a boss yet faggot so I don't care what else you have to say. Try it out. The timing bullshit is an illusion, it's nice when you can pull it off but it's not necessary to win.

>I'm bad and I don't care!
I'm glad we've come to an agreement.

Attached: giggle.jpg (570x692, 124K)

The point is the game allows you to do this, which is shit design. It shouldn't allow you. Suck my dick.

>FAILED TO LOAD SAVE DATA THE DATA IS CORRUPT
>JUST GOT TO DIVINE REALM

JESUS CHRIST IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO?????????????????

Download a save and use kuro's charm. The biggest problem is FROM's inability to implement things like difficulty levels and modes correctly because they're too hung up on their games being considered art by soi Yea Forums posters and journos

too bad 80% of all prosthetics and skills are totally useless.
Dark souls 2 verity is obviously the best but 3 is not bad. I was disappointed too when they decided to streamline the weapons more but I realized it made the game more enjoyable in a lot of ways in regards to pvp

>I am bad, and the game shouldn't allow that!
...is there a point you're trying to make?
On a less laughing-at-you note, if you actually just got good at the game you'd have a lot more fun with it. 100% guarantee.
>I'm already having fun!!
Not as much as you would be if you spent less time in the realm of eternal cheese and more time in the pantheon of People Who Play The Game The Way It Was Meant to Be Played.
Kuro's charm will also fuck you up if you ever get into NG+.

Happened to me too. Fuck around with cloud data and see if you can recover it, otherwise you're fucked.

> 80% of all prosthetics and skills are totally useless.
t. shitter

Attached: smiling loli.jpg (544x483, 88K)

Depths/Dungeon and Sunken Valley were pretty disappointing. Just ugly-looking caves and canyons.

>t. shitter
nice argument, I played through the game twice now and 80% of all skills and prosthetics are useless

t. shitter

I'm also a navy seal with 200 confirmed kills

IU'VE SPEND 50 FUCKING HOURS ON THIS GAME ONLY FOR THE SAVE DATA TO BE CORRUPTED BECAYSE THIS SHIT GAME KEEPS FUCKING CRASHING RANDOMLY

have you tried updating your drivers?

Reinstall your OS, bro.

Ring the bell and speedrun it, it's fun
(and back up your save)

In terms of fun, the only thing that matters, sekiro and dark souls 1 are tied and the rest are mediocre dogshit.

This is probably what I would go with desu. I liked sekiro, significantly moreso once I finally beat it and the combat really clicked, but I don't see myself putting nearly as much time or effort into it as BB, DaS, or DeS