Star Citizen 3.5

Apologize

youtu.be/Aoz0HSpldys

Attached: 4FD1AE8F-8640-4AFD-8E3B-1ADFC0FDC421.jpg (900x900, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VuwV62Rfqi0
youtu.be/am8hepnRAAw?t=109
youtu.be/V1IQdDzeFQc
youtu.be/ZdZnPuMbgDY
youtu.be/Aoz0HSpldys
youtube.com/watch?v=1Nq5lEZoK3w
youtu.be/Y2229DmJLIY?t=152
youtube.com/watch?v=rD6z9g1xyZE.
youtu.be/_HL4ZpNHg0E?t=701
youtube.com/watch?v=TgP46O-VOlg&t=248s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I will not apologize.

Attached: Squadron 42 - Star Citizen Screenshot 2018.12.25 - 10.41.20.14.jpg (1920x1080, 218K)

SEETHING loser

im so fukkn sorry....

Attached: anvil.webm (900x506, 2.92M)

The what now?

Attached: Squadron 42 - Star Citizen Screenshot 2018.12.24 - 18.25.40.40.jpg (1920x1080, 221K)

Wow plane parts fucking move how next gen

Attached: 1538987816978.webm (1920x1080, 2.95M)

Poorfag loser detected

Looks like every other space game except I wont be playing with people that spent literal thousands of dollars to get ahead and stay ahead. Also, why is the frame rate so bad?

Yea Forums - VIDEO GAMES

Oh, it's one of these "Insult every post" threads.

Attached: Squadron 42 - Star Citizen Screenshot 2019.01.13 - 18.55.20.02.jpg (1920x1080, 513K)

But DCS is a bigger and more successful scam than SC will ever be

holy shit why is the framerate so bad.
Is this game being built for future graphics cards?

wow this actually looks like a 100 million dollar game with these huge cities and all the details.

Actually impressed to be honest if they get 60 fps

im so sorry

Attached: 1.webm (720x404, 2.88M)

its over for cyberpunk

Attached: 2.webm (720x404, 2.86M)

HORRIFYINGLY poor performance, fuckton of useless tat that actually seems to have zero gameplay impact, lack of any character, no evidence of this shit either not getting incredibly stale, or not being later on copy-pasted over and over, and more importantly, nothing to make this appear to be in any way complex, intricate or fun gameplay wise.
In fact it's just another fucking showcase of budget being wasted on promo stuff and clearly sacrificing more valueable resources like framerate to pointless showing off.

I used to actually give SC a chance, I really hoped it would work out eventually, but this pretty much shows that there is no fucking hope for the studio.

is star citizen VR capable?

Just imagine DCS on Outterra engine with star citizen money.

You don't get it user, they are prepping the game for the computing power we will have when it launches. Something like 2040

When will we get a new space game that isnt just the generic military space ships where everything grey and silver.

colours exist right it isnt just me?

City actually does look kind of good.

Attached: 3.webm (720x404, 2.87M)

Watched the video... he goes into some shop, the ceiling is more detailed then whole rooms in games, cool but its fucking useless, and hogs up frames.

The most fun I had in SC was when a friend and i were wedging each other through walls and props to get into inaccessible areas.

>If you donate some more, we'll reach another stretch goal and add another 2 months to development!

You really are retarded if you donate to any of these.

It looks nothing like a game promised to be "space sim"

They will sell you colors separately.

I got no hope of wishing for weird ships and races then

its depressingly empty.

Attached: cut.webm (480x270, 2.84M)

because the game doesnt have tons of players yet. I imagine the goal is for it to be full of real people

The game will never attract enough people for it to not feel empty.

>if they get 60 fps
Oh I'm sure they will
No consumer will, though.

>Silky 10fps
>Shadows popping in 10 feet in front of the player
An empty station is the least of their worries. Is this 3.5?

This just shows that they dont think in big picture, just add shit to look pretty ... I remember couple of years ago how they boasted how many polygons characters gonna have, how shaders and specular mapping with skin sub surface scattering will bring characters to life! Now if you put 20 of those models with clothes on scene, pc's will melt, the same with ships, sooo much details that you cant put 5 of them close to each other... oh and we have coffee physics now.

>coffee physics
Is is the same kind of bullshit that the Job Simulator people did?

Performance is ass but the scale is impressive. I still don't understand the purpose of all the planetary stuff though. Is it just for atmosphere? With all of the space ship stuff like delivery missions or mining, even if it's boring and meaningless you can see why they would add it. Enormous cities like this add absolutely nothing unless they are expecting peak MMO subscriber numbers.

I regret spending $5000 on this. My friend spent 25k after taking out a loan from his mortgage thinking he could pay off his house by selling stuff in SC

Worst case they add bot-players to fake players to a certain point to keep whatever minimum population they need.

Do you have triple SLI RTX 2080ti?

What the fuck would the players DO there in the first place? Spend their entire time standing in a place roleplaying a that they are in a bar?
Seriously, this all illustrates how utterly misguided the project has become.
The players - if the game even ever runs properly and if it there is enough of a userbase - will be OUT THERE FUCKING DOING THINGS: that is flying ships, shooting at things, doing missions, mining.
Not fucking gormlessly standing in a bar where there is nothing actually fun to do.

>HUR BUR LUR BUR DUR IM THE AVERAGE Yea Forums USER!!!
>HUR BLUR BUR WHY DONT THESE GAME COMPANIES TAKE RISKS AND TRY NEW THINGS HUR DUR?
>REEEEE SCAM CITIZEN!! REEE!!1

Attached: trumpsupporters.jpg (3029x2021, 3.64M)

I think it has something to do with the 20,000 dollarydoo espresso maker they bought.

Hope you are ready for the next ship, I'll give you the discounted price of $20,000 since you've been shilling for us.

What’s the most expensive star citizen ship

Why not play space engineers? design your own ship instead of forking over cash for it. And the game actually became finished recently.

Friend Ship
not available in game yet, release slated for 2025

>buyer's remorse: the post: Xtreme Edition

>make game in space
>limit game to humans
>limit game to military influence scifi ships

I remember seeing other races but I assume you can't even play them.

It was one of their bigger presentation, they showed how fine they coffe in a mug behaves

It's so dead and sterile. Like nobody actually lives or works there

so is there any gameplay yet?

Attached: 1526277690039.jpg (220x180, 8K)

>$27,000 bundle of spaceships
A fucking cashgrab

>PTU build
>Where nobody is playing
Yeah, of course it's empty.
It's not even populated by AI properly.

it's a game being built for 2014 release

>the best hardware on the market
>hundreds of millions of dollars
>10 fps

KEK

At least it has waifus now.

Attached: 1529091489303.jpg (5120x2466, 696K)

This has more cuts than a Transformers movie.

Longneck.

Area 18 is unoptimized, rest of the game runs at 60 FPS or so.
NPCs are extremely taxing for Star Citizen right now for whatever reason so any areas with a lot of NPCs hit your PC hard. The entire game used to run at like sub 20 FPS last year, so they've made improvements to boost that to 60-100 FPS depending on your hardware.

Still not as long as FFXIV's characters at least.

Not as Autistic as Andromeda either.

>sooo much details that you cant put 5 of them close to each other.
But this isn't true, here's 7 absolutely massive ships in the same area battling with no real issues.
youtube.com/watch?v=VuwV62Rfqi0
The newer ship models take less performance than their older Kickstarter day ones as those were extremely inefficient, I don't remember what they called it but they essentially use a 2D texture with parallax mapping to simulate finer details without increasing the polygon count on ships. Every large ship is made without many angles in mind due to very angular and spiky ships having poor LoDs and generally worse performance, which is why the Vanduul ships went from extremely spiky to more roundish. All in all, Star Citizen's ships and characters are very well optimized.
Try throwing ships that 7+ ships of that size with real time physics calculations into many other engine and it'll absolutely cripple it.

And here's the size of that ship compared to a player character.

Attached: 1541099825739.png (1920x1080, 675K)

Nice ME1 webm you have here

Wtf there's a sun?

It's not a space sim anymore. It's a galactic-scale immersive sim MMO (which is better)

Attached: 1553809699470.png (722x647, 348K)

Those ships will literally be acquired by any organized group of players within 2-3 weeks of play and my $40 Arrow will beat the shit out of any less than optimally staffed multicrew ships.

I know people who spend $20,000 like it's a pack of gum. Why wouldn't you make a pledge tier for those types of people? If they want to fund the MMO of my dreams, fucking let them

The arrow is $75, isn't it? $45 is more like Mustang/Titan range.

This webm is such bullshit. This was recorded before the test went live outside of Evocati testing groups.

$75 for the package. $40 for the ship itself.

They already said the NPC to player count is going to be 10 NPCs for every 1 player, there's no way even one system to feel populated with less than 10,000 players on concurrently.

>he isn't a CITIZEN
>He hasn't invest at least 10k into the game of the decade

????

Attached: OH3RTEN.png (1120x537, 638K)

These tilesets are surprisingly detailed, considering no one is ever going to visit these areas literally ever.
youtu.be/am8hepnRAAw?t=109

This looks like something out of X Rebirth.

>with no real issues
are you blind or just a console faggot pedro?
it's choppy as fuck

I see, I'd consider getting it but it can't carry any cargo or any passengers so I'll stick with the 300i...
That they butchered from that lovely wood to a literal prison cell, luxury my ass.

>the game of the decade of development
ftfy

It's about 30-40 FPS, not what I'd consider choppy as fuck considering the sheer amount the game is rendering.

>that snail pace
>that pop in

feels like they definitely could have built a better cyberpunk 2077 than cdpr if they stripped out the mmo component and focused all their effort on building one megacity

>snail pace
Are you retarded? The ship is easily going 200-300m/s, name another engine that could pull that off without significantly worse pop in with that level of detail.

I've been told to "apologize" for years yet nothing of substance has been released.

what's the point of this? is there any actual game to play?

Attached: wthhf.jpg (546x550, 52K)

Cyberpunk 2077 is getting a Cyberpunk Online sandbox MMO component post-launch

>which is better
not really tbqh
it's pretty fucking gay frankly

Just because you're too fucking lazy to install it and try it out during the free weekends every 3-4 months doesn't mean it doesn't exist you dumb fags

Attached: PS5 baybee.png (1000x1741, 1.29M)

Star Citizen in its 2 million dollar form exists. It's called Elite Dangerous and it sucks. Fuck off back to Elite Dangerous if that's what you want

Source is your ass.

I, too, enjoy playing unfinished buggy pieces of shit with bloated budgets.

Noone but backers will play this.

No my source is the grants they took from the Polish government.

Is that supposed to be an insult in context? Star Citizen's tech literally doesn't exist elsewhere.

Have you ever played an MMO? 90% of the playerbase is just AFking in an area for the majority of their playtime.

>No my source is the grants they took from the Polish government.
That was for R&D, not once have they said it was going to implemented into Cyberpunk. Pulling a GTA Online would be possible considering how hard they're copying R* but it's still speculation at best.

Have you ever played a mechanically driven MMO instead of a content-driven collect 10 boar asshole grinder? Because there are games like Star Citizen that don't do this.

I feel so sorry for anyone who doesn't have a frame of reference for what an MMO is outside of World of Warcraft and WoW clones

eat shit you fucking brainletts

Attached: 1551436003302.png (119x125, 28K)

Apologize that my game is going well? No. I think no.

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2018.09.13 - 04.17.33.81.png (1920x1080, 3.98M)

Nice walking simulator

seething paypiggy

no, you can fly a ship around a bit but it kind of feels like a goofy mod that could have existed 10 years ago with worse graphics and physics

I have it you spastic, wasted 45 bux

would make sense though since they hired people with xp in online games.

I paid $30 for a game I've played for hundreds of hours seven fucking years ago. I got over it. You should too.

And in STALKER you can walk around and shoot stuff. I can make anything sound simplistic and dumber than it actually is.

Sell your account if you're not happy. You'll make your money back.

Just curious. Is there an user who bought those expensuive ships? If so, why?

It's fucking worse. I'm so fucking mad. They've abandoned space sim almost completely in favor of Arma but in space. It's gonna be awful with every flavor of the month niche ship they introduce for clan wars that will happen rarely because people don't want to lose their cargo let alone characters and ships.

I bought an Aegis Reclaimer for $500 because it's literally the Nostromo but with a grinder at the bottom of the ship so you can grind up recently destroyed ships for salvage

I'm not exaggerating. It's literally the Nostromo.
youtu.be/V1IQdDzeFQc

It's cool as fuck and I had the money. I'm a sysadmin that makes 80K a year so why the hell not. I did this knowing that people would be able to earn the ship relatively easily in game too. I just wanted to put my money where my mouth was and support a game I dreamed about in the early 90s

That's a lot of justification to some strangers on the internet. You sure sound like a satisfied customer of robert scam industries.

Attached: 1550631503255.png (499x499, 167K)

Forgot to include a screenshot
Being able to live on a Coruscant-tier city planet, take off in my Reclaimer, jump to a system where there was just a space battle that my friend was in, fly over destroyed ships, grind them into salvage and sell it in another system where there's a materials shortage is really fucking cool and I'm glad I threw a $500 "donation" towards a game that actually allows me to do that

I started playing MMOs with Ultima Online back in 1997 where I was able to pretty much live a second life in the game and there hasn't a sandbox MMO like this since then.

Attached: firefox_bFl4FCW6Ha.png (1749x899, 1.89M)

The dude asked, I answered honestly. This perfectly illustrates why these threads are just circlejerks of intentionally misinformed retards.

Can't say anything or else some anonymous douche will shit on anything you say. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Eat shit faggot.

Sounds neat. Keep posting pics and ignore retard frog posters

You do you man. Keep living the dream.

Attached: 1549591054468.jpg (1000x1000, 139K)

....you little paypiggy.

>orgot to include a screenshot
>Being able to live on a Coruscant-tier city planet, take off in my Reclaimer, jump to a system where there was just a space battle that my friend was in, fly over destroyed ships, grind them into salvage and sell it in another system where there's a materials shortage is really fucking cool and I'm glad I threw a $500 "donation" towards a game that actually allows me to do that

keep believing that.

Attached: feelsgoodman.webm (1280x720, 725K)

Honestly just wait for a free weekend and try it for yourself. I don't have screenshots, reformatted my PC today. I'm just stealing from YouTube videos.

"Blade Runner" Lorville with a fully functional transit system
youtu.be/ZdZnPuMbgDY

"Coruscant" ArcCorp
youtu.be/Aoz0HSpldys

Here's a screenshot of area 18 I uploaded to my discord though.

Attached: area 18.jpg (1920x1080, 349K)

I'm not ashamed to admit I spent over $3,200 on this game. And I don't regret it one bit, it is everything I want it to be.

Dude I literally have access to the game right now. I was playing it earlier tonight doing just that.

They just added on foot bounty hunting systems too. Now I can track lawbreakers on planets and take them out within and outside planetary systems.

Pic related is the next major planet they're working on called Terra Prime now that Coruscant is done

Attached: Terra_Terra_Prime.jpg (3128x1704, 537K)

>scammed out of $500
vs
>not scammed out of $500
Who is the retard boys?

besides delivery missions, what can you do with the ship? sleep and live on it and land in the city but how do you spend your time in game?

Apologize for what, there's literally nothing to do in the "game" besides looking at things.

As I said, couple of NPC's sitting around doing nothing, zero interaction.

Cope harder Scamzen fags

Woah woah woah buddy, this is a board for video games, American politics, e-celebs and shitposting, and I don't see any of those four here.

Imagine being so poor that $500 is a big deal to you. Imagine being so poor that you wouldn't spend $500 on something that gives you great amounts of joy. Gaming is a pretty inexpensive hobby even if you're throwing $500 at a kickstarter once every couple years.
lmao @ your life

I backed for SQ42 and could give a damn about the mmo portion. But I know they keep walking back on features, so the notion of being able to scrap ships after a battle will be removed.

pick related is the game we backed.

Attached: games on kickstarter.webm (300x300, 1.55M)

In stalker you have a story, objectives, environments that want to kill you, survival elements, economy, characters, equipment managment...

I still dont know how SC is gonna play... I mean you can go do some missions but how is all of it structures? How much time can I spent to buy decent ship? How are loadouts? and is every ship type the same? can I somewhat customize it? can I switch engines or shields to have better ones? does my ship change visually after upgrades? or can I adapt my ship to do specific job? Are there perks? some skills? Do I level up? Do i have a hub/home? can I whip my weapon anywhere? what will happen when I die? what will happen when I kill someone? are there pvp "zones", DO i have inventory? is it limited?... all those questions change all the time... SC for the longest time looks like couple of different games/assets stitched together without without thinking ahead, and its sooo fucking long, I waited 7 years for Infinity quest for earth, at this point I waited longer for SC, god fucking dammit if only elite didnt fucked up so much and had sc funding...

Black market economy comes in 3-4 months in 3.6, 3.5 just released. Combine that with salvage and you have lots of emergent gameplay moments where you can group up with bounty hunters and split the profits and even play the market with insider trading info not to mention insurance fraud.

This isn't a "content-driven" game. This is a mechanically-driven sandbox MMO. Explaining what that means to people who have never played anything like EVE or Ultima Online is like trying to explain color to a blind person.

Literally never ever coming out

They could release it right now and bugs aside I'd be very pleased with their "1.0"

>This is a mechanically-driven

You keep using this buzz word which means, your either A. Shill Or B. member of the cult.

I backed for SQ42 and I wish I could get my money back, because its not the game I was promised, because they keep walking back on features.

I was done when the removed multi-player mode for SQ42.

Seriously dude this game will be a shell of what was promised.

Lets do some math. They make around 1 patch per month. Let's be super generous and say they'll make 20 patches in a year(they had 12 in the last 12 months), each with a new planet and several moons.
That means their 50 solar systems with around 7 planets each will take around 350 months or ~30 years to complete.
Great, the game is going to release in 2042. Are you really going to defend this? And that's not even accounting for all the glitches and the vast majority of promised mechanics that are nowhere to be seen.

Attached: 1E4.png (400x300, 186K)

But there is no game in this "game"

50 solar systems? I thought they can barely make one star.

>people still buying concept art and 3D ship models for 25000 dollarydoos

>You can't describe a game as being mechanically-driven without being a shill

What the fuck is Dwarf Fortress then? Because it sure as hell isn't content-driven

50 solar systems is what was promised from the stretch goals.

I want Space engine, Elite, and Star citizen with EVE sprinkled over and merged into a game.

Attached: sdgfsdgfsdg.jpg (1920x1080, 1.17M)

I don't think it'll launch with 50 systems but they're clearly able to pump out new planets/systems now that the prefabs/procedural tech has been built.

Every quarterly update we've been getting new planets and new moons/space stations for the past year now.

There are 171,476 words in the english language, and you couldnt use a different set of words to describe the game play?

This means there's either NO game play, or your regurgitating talking points, which basically makes you a shill.

Attached: 0-10Troll.png (500x500, 20K)

but there's a shitload of content in DF, what are you on about

It had low frame rates even in the little room at the start with no NPCs.

This whole project has gone out of hand desu. The people behind this shouldve learned to stick to a reasonable limit, because it makes no sense to keep promising stuff way before the main project is even finished. Wouldve been so much better if they finished the barebones first, THEN added content as soon as thats done.

works on my machine I get 75FPS (my refresh rate) at max settings 3440x1440 on an ultrawide monitor

That's on an old evocati build too

Thats not what was promised during the initial funding pitch.

We were told 50 systems at launch because we hit the stretch goal, anything less than that is Croberts walking back on his promise. Which means he doesnt have to give us any stretch goals.

Wow what amazing gameplay and content, can't wait to buy a 5000$ ship to walk around in.

Attached: 845645748.jpg (500x495, 63K)

this is bait, but please tell us how much your setup costs?

Except 50 systems in the 2 million dollar version of the game meant no planetary surfaces

Now he has to come up with planetary surfaces for each one of the planets within a system (at least 5 not including the moons which have to have outposts and shit on them)

Pretty unreasonable expectation desu senpai he didn't know he'd make $220 million dollars when crowdfunding this shit.

but you didn't "spend" that money on anything.

You won't get something in return for that 500 bucks, it's just wasted.

It's only a Ryzen 2700X/16GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz low timings/1080Ti system running on an SSD and an ultrawide monitor

Maybe $2000 in total? Probably much less now.

I sure hope you don't buy digital media of any form because if you do you're being a massive hypocritical faggot on the subject

I'm not crazy, this is cyberpunk 2077? Why is everyone addressing this as SC?

Thats his problem not ours. He promised us 50 "high fidelity" systems and planets for X dollars, we gave him 10 times that amount, and now he has to deliver what was promised.

There's no difference between this and hiring a contractor to work on your house, and he miscalculates how much it cost after a agreed upon price. Its not up to you the payer, its up to him the contractor to find a way to give you what you paid for.

Attached: 1353656422837.gif (346x194, 1.84M)

I have this amazing idea.
What if we publicly ask the developer whether they have fulfilled their diversity quota or not yet?

Some stuff from the top of my head
- More than 2 gender toilet in your spaceship ( I don't know whether star citizen spaceship have toilet or not in the first place though )
- Spaceship + equipment for disabled avatar ( space suit without leg parts, hand parts, etc )
- XXXLperson friendly spaceship ( The furniture inside the space ship, like their chair etc, must accommodate huge boned people )

>Except 50 systems in the 2 million dollar version of the game meant no planetary surfaces
then what were they supposed to be, balls floating in space? m8, fucking freelancer had 50 systems and the game is 20 years old. with $250 milion fucking dollars, you could get people to chisel those fucking planets by hand. like you could literally get 50 people, pay them 10 milion and say "make a planet each, here's the tools", and they'd have that shit done in a jiffy.
>Now he has to come up with planetary surfaces for each one of the planets within a system
except other people already did it faster and cheaper. fuck, space engine did it with one drunk russian with no money.
>he didn't know he'd make $220 million dollars when crowdfunding this shit.
>"oy vey woe is me, i have all this money, now i'll have to slow development down to a crawl!"
u a dunce

I spend it on something I can have, i got myself full virpil setup, its a lot better investment then virtual pixels.

It doens't matter if there are or aren't any NPCs visible to you, if you're in an area that NPCs exist in the FPS craps out for whatever reason.
youtube.com/watch?v=1Nq5lEZoK3w
Notice how his GPU/CPU are never maxed out?

>You have lived long enough to see another Duke Nukem Forever

Attached: EA38C2F6-282F-4A20-AA59-2DC52E58E9C0.jpg (749x504, 24K)

One person in spare time can make fucking SPACE ENGINE.... This is absolute incompetence.

>then what were they supposed to be, balls floating in space?
They were meant to be fake 3D objects in space that you'd land on using a cutscene to mask the loading screen.

Are you for real? What a fucking retard

>They were meant to be fake 3D objects in space that you'd land on using a cutscene to mask the loading screen.
wait okay, so there WAS supposed to be surface? so what the fuck are you on about?

If the hub doesn't include fast travel they'll be AFKing close to something relevant or while in indefinite transit. It's like in WoW where half the player base could be found in front of the auction house.

I'm not the guy you originally replied to you doofus, there's a difference between a single landing zone and the entire planet being explorable though.
They're even adding in cave systems and such.

Value is relative. I make $80,000 a year as a systems administrator. My wife makes the same as a nurse at one of the best hospitals in the country. Arguing value is a really dumb thing to do because like I said, I have friends who spend $27,000 like it's a pack of gum.

That's fine but criticizing others how they spend their money is dumb and gay. I hope you all make as much money as I do one day so a $500 purchase/donation/pledge/whatever the fuck you want to call it isn't some major life event.

>there's a difference between a single landing zone and the entire planet being explorable though.
yeah, the landing zone is probably made by hand, while the whole planet is made in a generator. protip: writing a generator doessn't take 100 times the money and 10 times the time for 1/20th results.

so is there an actual game here now or is it just more of the same?

As someone who actually plays the game? Yes. There is a game and it's not something you can get anything remotely comparable anywhere else.

If you listen to a bunch of Something Awful refugees that inhale Derek Smart's farts and post on /r/starcitizen_refunds all day they'll tell you it's the biggest scam ever and pretend that it's still just ships in a hangar.

Go play the game for yourself user. It's free to try every couple months. Should be an event soon.

A generator doesn't generate assets out of thin air, every moon alone has 4 weeks of development put into it, something like ArcCorp had over a year of R&D development which is still ongoing. They're not only generating the planet but ALSO developing the bespoke landing zones, which have to be flyable in 3D and not an extremely simple backdrop that it could have been prior.
If shit like this was simple and quick as you so claim, other developers would be doing it but they're not. Why hasn't Elite implemented it if it is as easy as you claim? Their moons look like shit and they still have no atmospheric planets, but hey it's easy right?
Even that upcoming Ubisoft game with the monkey isn't remotely comparable to the scale of Star Citizen.

Where did you run to shill? I'm stilll waiting for my response to.

You can buy things
With real money

Thats the game

Agreed. I grew up poor and inherited wealth as an adult and it's ridiculous how much my views on the value of money have changed. I don't expect anyone outside my situation to understand what it's like to be able to spend what they do on a mortgage on "frivolous shit" but I do expect people to have the decency to realize that not everyone has as shitty lives/finances as they do.

I have beyond fuck you money. I have a house, a car and enough dry food in storage to last me a decade all paid in cash. What the fuck else am I supposed to spend my money on?

Its looking up good. I remember when it was just one shitty station. The last time I played was before the patch where they fixed the networking. I need to get a new computer now.

you
see

Attached: 1357350026831.jpg (1586x755, 159K)

Your fellow 4channers.

>A generator doesn't generate assets out of thin air
no shit, i know what aa generator does, and that you need assets.
>every moon alone has 4 weeks of development put into it
so you get a planet with moons A YEAR? fucking laughable man. one russian dude does a whole universe, why can't they? like, what are the mechanics that prevent them from generating 90% of that shit and then adding detail/fine tuning it?
> They're not only generating the planet but ALSO developing the bespoke landing zones, which have to be flyable in 3D
what's so difficult about that?
>If shit like this was simple and quick as you so claimit is when you have 250 milion fucking dollars, you dip. you can literally throw money at the project. you could pay a milion bucks for universe sandbox code and just hack it to pieces. you could literally employ dozens of people to do that shit for you. tell me what's so difficult about it, where you can go on youtube and see people do that shit? people write extremely simple algorithms and generate infinite fucking terrain. they don't even have to generate it every time, it's just once, every planet is the same every time after all.

The gameplay is still way too amorphous. I’m just seeing art, which is pretty good btw, but nothing that indicates decent gameplay.

This game would have been massively cheaper if they had focused on modern game design and the idea of a multiplayer space sim, but used stylized PS1/2-era graphics.

Attached: 433001B9-2E2C-46F2-BE4A-71793FDB3D6D.png (672x537, 482K)

Hi Mike

Star Citizen?
more like
Scam Citizen.

Attached: IMG_1022.jpg (326x246, 15K)

they added a disabled commando nigger muslim this patch, they talked for like 40 minutes on her snowflake hair and then tossed her in a hijab

hahahahah, do you idiots honestly believe that they are gonna make that shit? this game is already like 5 years late you truly believe they are gonna make a city like that lmao

>like, what are the mechanics that prevent them from generating 90% of that shit and then adding detail/fine tuning it?
Every planet/moon is, as of this moment, 100% unique in their assets. Stanton was selected for a reason in that it has the most diversity in the entirety of Star Citizen and barring a few sets of assets, can be replicated across the system once it is complete. That is why the first set of planets and moons will take the longest, while ArcCorp's R&D took over a year it can be used for any city in the future to populate massive swathes of land without manually placing down buildings.
Comparing it to Space Engine is disingenuous, SE's assets are extremely simple and you'd notice that if you actually downloaded it. It looks cool seeing planets from afar, but that's it. Find me anything in SE with SC's level of detail and I'll get back to you.
>what's so difficult about that?
Neither of us are developers so who the fuck knows, SC's developers on the other hand are people stolen straight from Crytek who had some of those most talented engine engineers before Crytek went to shit and they obviously know what they're doing. As I said, if it was easy answer the one simple question, why hasn't /any/ other developer done it? Elite clearly wants to and Frontier generates more yearly revenue than CIG, why haven't they? Also, they hand create their moons and planets with the help of automation, not 100% automated. They'll paint a certain part of a planet with a biome and get a result, change the mountains to get nice vistas, add in oceans where they feel appropriate, outposts, derelicts and so on.

Attached: 1527108240554.jpg (2048x1152, 984K)

To add onto my post, here's a game from Ubisoft with 100s of employees working on it.
youtu.be/Y2229DmJLIY?t=152
How are they not capable of achieving what Star Citizen has in terms of quality? Their planet looks like something out of a late 2000s flight sim, despite having only a few major planets to work on.

Oh faithful believer, who hasnt an ounce of disbelieve please explain this of faithful one.

Attached: 1363945302654.jpg (500x502, 99K)

Fort Tarsis: Lifeless npcs edition

You haven't argued against a single point I've made.
I never said anything about completion rate or them completing the game at all, in fact I don't think they will and I don't care as I'm only excited for SQ42 which utilizes all the tech found in SC. All I'm saying is, the tech is clearly far harder than you claim it is.

>, the tech is clearly far harder than you claim it is.

We were promised 50 systems at launch for x dollars, we gave him that. Its up to him to fufill that order.

I only backed for SQ42 but I wish I could get my money back, as the game is not what i was originally promised.

This game will be a shell of what was promised.

>Every planet/moon is, as of this moment, 100% unique in their assets.
what does that mean? assets as in what, textures and models?
> SE's assets are extremely simple and you'd notice that if you actually downloaded it.
i have it installed and again, it's made by ONE PERSON, in his free time. and still, he made pretty much infinite number of planets that you can land on. you can make rivers the same way. cities, buildings, everything.
>people stolen straight from Crytek who had some of those most talented engine engineers
and it still runs like shit. even ops youtube link is like 15 fps so no, they obviously don't know what they're doing.
> if it was easy answer the one simple question, why hasn't /any/ other developer done it?
but they did.

i don't know what to tell you, but 99% of the planet can be done procedurally, and then fine tuned. like i can go on youtube and type "realistic terrain" and get shit like this: youtube.com/watch?v=rD6z9g1xyZE. and that's robably another one done by one person. these dudes have 250 milion dollars, do you understand? it's like you had 250 milion dollars and said you can't build a house because it's difficult, while there's a dude making that shit for free on an adjacent plot. you have assets in fucking unity to generate anything you would ever fucking want, terrain, houses, people, for $100. there is absolutely no excuse for that shit, when there are already people who do that kind of shit on continent scale, in their free time, on youtube, just for fucking kicks.

>mfw the last hammerhead vid I watched the jumped up retard of a pilot tried to head on every opponent and got mad at the turrets because he was shunting them out of firing lines
I can already tell how many dumb retarded fucks bought capital class ships to pretend their fucking shatner or something and don't have the first thought about how to be combat effective.

Why are people so desperate to see this fail

Let us know what this actually looks like after the downgrade

>Record breaking money raised
>Deadlines consistently broken
>Feature creep outta control

Hmmm I wonder why?

Attached: yep.gif (150x154, 163K)

>no sidewinder fang
>liberty lake, not liberty ale
coulda have been a neat easter egg

Is there anything to do yet? Last I checked all the missions were broken, fighting ai was broken, so all you could do was fly around and land on planets with nothing there or go to the "cycberpunk" city that is a big cooridoor with nice sky boxes and static ai that sit in one spot 24/7 were there is still nothing to do.

>what does that mean? assets as in what, textures and models?
Yes, textures and the shaders they have to develop for specific materials such as glass, ice, sand and so on.
>i have it installed and again, it's made by ONE PERSON
Yes and it clearly shows that it was made by one person, the planets generated aren't touched up by him and generated no different to No Man's Sky. Are you going to tell me he's a lazy fuck too because the No Man's Sky team managed to achieve what he did over many years in a much shorter time span, despite having maybe 2-3 engineers? No, because No Man's Sky looks a lot worse and is much simpler in terms of its generation. Your comparison is essentially the same as comparing Gothic and Assassin's Creed Origins and saying the worlds are of the same and that Ubisoft is simply lazy for requiring several hundred employees to create their detailed worlds, when Gothic's team managed to do it with a few Germans despite them not being remotely comparable. Not only that but CIG has to worry about making it actually work in a /game/, meaning working out how physics is going to work in when the planet is rotating in real time, updating markers in real time, figuring out NPC bathing on a planet that is constantly rotating which no other developer has done to date to my knowledge, correct me if I am wrong.
>and it still runs like shit. even ops youtube link is like 15 fps so no, they obviously don't know what they're doing.
It runs at 60+ FPS in any environment outside of a planet wide city which is poorly optimized as it was just released to a public testing server.
>but they did.
Again, name an example from an actual game, even one in development.

P2:
>i can go on youtube and type "realistic terrain" and get shit like this:
I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with the video, it doesn't disprove anything I've said. All the assets are set and ready to go, so of course it's as simple as "painting" the terrain just as it is with Star Citizen's developer tools which they've shown off. They could easily do 50 copy and pasted moons and planets with the assets they already have, but they don't want to as that would be boring and worthless.

>pledged for the post Kickstarter direction the game was heading
>They even changed that
I'm fucking mad. where is the space sim Roberts? This is not a space sim.

Apologise.

Attached: star_citizen_5.jpg (1615x754, 81K)

It's still a scam.

DCS is like 1714€

Man, can't wait for 2016, it's going to be great!

Those NPCs doing nothing but look constipated.

>What the fuck else am I supposed to spend my money on?
Endeavors that aren't black holes. The fact that you have fuck off money and no projects, personal or otherwise, more interesting and worthwhile than this hack scam to invest in is very telling. I guess they were smart to target people with big wallets and tiny imaginations. Then again that's par for course when it comes to people who inherit wealth. You didn't make it so you don't know what to do with it or even how value it.

>textures and shaders
made by different people, also how does that slow generator development, again made by different people?
also
> specific materials such as glass, ice
literally the same on every planet with minor tweaks. making a shader like that IN CODE should take a shader programmer literally an hour, at most. with shadergraph even less.
>Your comparison is essentially the same as comparing Gothic and Assassin's Creed Origins and saying the worlds are of the same
except i didn't say it was better, i know it's barebones, but it sshows one fucking programmer can just write a generator for that shit in his free time. how many programmers owrking full time can you get for the amount of money star citizen has?
>meaning working out how physics is going to work in when the planet is rotating in real time
fucking lol, the same? like what changes, except for sunlight?
>updating markers in real time
shocking
> figuring out NPC bathing on a planet that is constantly rotating
the fuck are you bringing rotation all the time? like what does it change? what difficulties do you hhave when you have a ball rotating with cities on it?
>It runs at 60+ FPS in any environment outside of a planet wide city which is poorly optimized as it was just released to a public testing server.
>source: dude trust me
>name an example from an actual game
why a game? also NMS did planet generation, even if the game was shit. There's a shit ton generator out there like terraland, worldcreator or industry standards like houdini, which can procedurally generate pretty much anything, terrain, houses, you name it.

tell me again, what's so difficult about making these planets that takes so long for star citizen with all those fucking money? is it terrain, for which there's a shitload of generator examples, with biomes, trees and what not? is it the cities, which even dwarf fortress can make just like that? is it feature placement, for which you can use multitude of different methods?

So basically this game isnt coming out before 2042 then.

LUL

Attached: 1361674965811.gif (365x327, 1.99M)

>that framerate

Attached: 1466301573601.png (326x367, 143K)

>I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with the video
one dude did this, in his free time.
>All the assets are set and ready to go
listen, dude, why are you so hung up on this. these "assets" are literally textures and models and that's it, you can buy that shit on model/texture websites for peanuts. you think game companies do every model from scratch? stop repeating the assets spiel, you have no idea what you're taking about.
>but they don't want to as that would be boring and worthless.
right, so it's better to have one planet instead of 50. like fuck, why did diablo do all those creature recolors, so boring. or how poe does maps with all those tilesets we saw in campaign, even though you could just use them in a completely different way, or mix and match, or recolor, or scale differently, or whatever the fuck. nah man, let's just do one planet a year.

Accdeitnally deleted my post so I'm just going to tl;dr since I'm lazy,
>literally the same on every planet with minor tweaks. making a shader like that IN CODE should take a shader programmer literally an hour, at most. with shadergraph even less.
Verifiable untrue as the developers have stated that some shaders take them multiple weeks to develop, if not longer. Forgive me if I take the word of a Crytek engineer over your nobody ass.
>how many programmers owrking full time can you get for the amount of money star citizen has?
Programmers are irrelevant, the planetary tech is mostly done and it's just a matter of asset creation.
>fucking lol, the same? like what changes, except for sunlight?
Every planet has its own physics grid, every ship has its own physics grid, the universe has its own physics grid, a physics grid within a physics grid within a physics grid is complicated especially when both of them are moving and as a result many bugs have come up. No other game has done this, period.
>the fuck are you bringing rotation all the time? like what does it change? what difficulties do you hhave when you have a ball rotating with cities on it?
Path finding will be fucked up you dumbass, Cry Engine was programmed with flat stationary maps in mind. If you tell an NPC to move from point A to point B it will not work with a rotating planet, as point B will have changed position significantly due to the planet's rotation.
>source: dude trust me
Feel free to do even half a second of research and look up gameplay for yourself that isn't on a massive city, or is that asking too much from you?
>why a game? also NMS did planet generation, even if the game was shit
No Man's Sky's planets are entirely faked, the planet is blended in while a 2D texture is present to mask the loading.

And again to add to this, they don't have their ENTIRE development team working on planetary generation tech. It started out with one CIG engineer working on it on his own time and slowly expanded to a small team in their Frankfurt office, they do a fuck ton more tech and planetary generation is a small piece of the puzzle.
This other tech is not present in any comparison you've made, such as:
Their Internal physics
64-bit worldspace
Unified first and third person animations
Itemports, in every other game an entire ship would be one entity, in Star Citizen every part of a ship is its own entity meaning scripts can be run on those separate parts making damage states for parts much easier to handle, alongside customization.
Render to texture.
Advanced character creation and blending while retaining mocap data:
youtu.be/_HL4ZpNHg0E?t=701
Fitting various /metal/ helmets on heads of varying sizes.
Advanced volumetrics only ever before seen in movies:
youtube.com/watch?v=TgP46O-VOlg&t=248s
And so much more tech.

you are insane

COPE Citizen indeed

Attached: 1319423376423.jpg (299x265, 29K)

Cope more Derek.

>volumetric fog
>impressive
lmao what is this? 2012?

That city is miles wide. You would need 1000000 players in a single instance to populate it. Also, why would people stand around a bar?

Its cool tech, but whats the point? Are there activities to do? Being a space cop and chasing bad guys through those interiors and doing flying car chases could be fun, but it doesn't look like the game has any of that

Invest in start-up companies.

That looks like his pc. And he's probably not even running it on an ssd.

>over 200 mil for this garbage

scam citizen has one of the most deluded backers i've witnessed

I thought the joke was it's clearly a fucking penis

>some shaders take them multiple weeks to develop
not ice shaders, unless they're incompetent as fuck, they must've been talking about compute shaders.
>Programmers are irrelevant, the planetary tech is mostly done and it's just a matter of asset creation.
assets are cheap as fuck
>Every planet has
m8, artificial gravity in a ship upside down on a planet is eassy as fuck. it's literally simple vector math. also
> the universe has its own physics grid
"the universe" is like what, 5 planets. pretty sure they don't need a lot of computing power for that.
>Path finding will be fucked up you dumbass
why? is your pathfinding mesh not rotating with the planet?
>Cry Engine was programmed with flat stationary maps in mind.
then don't use a shit engine, i can hop into unity and move terrain meshes and the pathfinding mesh will move with them if i want.
> the planet is blended in while a 2D texture is present to mask the loading.
so? it's still a fully proceduraly generated planet, loading screen or not.
also this post is full of pointless bullshit that was made everywhere else, like "Unified first and third person animations"/ fucking wow. guild wars could do that.
" in Star Citizen every part of a ship is its own entity meaning scripts can be run on those separate parts making damage states for parts much easier to handle"
dwarf fortress body parts
"Render to texture." lol wut
"Advanced character creation and blending while retaining mocap data:" literally every korean mmo since 2010
and so on

there's nothing impressive about this, maybe except for volumetrics, but ue4 hass that shit covered since a long time, and that's it. i'm even more baffled by the fact that you consider this impressive while there's so much money poured into this and they had so much time.

You can get bounties to hunt other players but only if they are on a certain mission.
You can do FPS fighting in little bunkers on Hurston for cash, but it's just killing a fairly easy pack of FPS enemies. You can do similar space battles as well.

There are a few gameplay loops but they are very minor and there is little point since the game resets every major update.

Red Dead 2 online shows that it takes a lot more than a big pretty world to make a game compelling.

GTA Online shows that you don't need a pretty world or good gameplay to make money.

>dwarf fortress body parts

What a hilariously bad comparison. One is a 3D object where each part can be interacted with, the other is an @ sign with a few text strings attached that show up in randomly generated flavor messages.

>GTA Online shows that you don't need a pretty world or good gameplay to make money.

I don't think anyone is doubting the ability of Star Citizen to make money.

>YFW you didn't fall for the SCAM CITIZEN

Star Citizen would be considered a commercial failure by most publishers, it only generates $50m or so a year while costing more than that to develop. They currently spend more than than they generate and have stated that they only have enough $$$ to finish SQ42 and not Star Citizen, the cash from SQ42 would then be injected into SC to finish its development.
Assuming SQ42 actually sells, that is.

I bought a $400 ship way back in /14 or thereabouts.
They still haven't modeled it afaik. I've been paying only a little bit of attention every quarter or so.
I also have a pair of $50 dollar one man ships that are in game, mostly for racing purposes.

Attached: Banu3.jpg (2000x1071, 185K)

how do you mismanage funds that badly without any foul play going on

They have 500+ employees worldwide and only $50m in yearly revenue, what do you think?
Other studios with that much developers like Ubisoft's teams push out major multiplat AAA games every 2-3 years which generate several hundred million USD, more than SC has made in its lifetime.

They hired way too many people. They have a Rockstar-sized dev team, but a Elite: Dangerous sized market.

They ruined your ship btw.

Attached: 1536194032623.jpg (4000x2163, 1.51M)

> the other is an @ sign with a few text strings attached that show up in randomly generated flavor messages.
what a hilariously uninformed opinion, you dunce. every single body part in dwarf fortress can be interacted with during combat or otherwise, like in butchering or when you inhale something, for example. every body part has different levels of "damage", where it can lose functionality or be completely removed from the body, can be operated upon, or can be used in crafting, like teeth or bones or skulls, and the source of the part will affect the quality of the result. body parts can also be made from different materials, like skin made from scales.
also, you can just mod creatures to have more limbs or no eyes or whatever and it mostly work seamlessly. for you to argue about how they're just for random text is a hilarious example of how much you actually don't know about the things you argue about.

Attached: HealthScreen2010.png (640x300, 14K)

By being fucking retarded.

Attached: 3253420-1497671044101.jpg (1200x687, 144K)

Why are all the faces so fucking ugly in this game?
>chinlet
>chinlet
>chinlet
>OY VEY
>chinlet
>old fart
>chinlet
>SUP NIGGA WHERE DEM WOMENZ AT
God fucking damn, how hard is it to create something that doesn't look repulsive to look at?

They facescan actual Amerimutts.

I guess I'm expecting too much for asking for anyone on Yea Forums to have work experience but for any company with 100+ people that isn't much. Place I used to work at (400ish employees) had paid people literally come to service the expensive coffee machines, which likely cost thousands of dollars.

>what do you think?
That they need a financial adviser and an actual project manager?
500+ employees doing what?
I remember they also had those 10k gimmicky doors installed as well. but those are small expenses, however I guess they are just symptoms of bigger problems

They face scanned random actors, backers, employees and so on and every random character is made by blended those scans together.

I can see that.
Must've chosen the most ugliest people they could then, the character creation is a joke.

>goes at -10 fps
yikes

Their main studio is in the UK and British people are fucking ugly, so probably.