What was Gwyn's tax policy?

What was Gwyn's tax policy?

Attached: 20190329_040214.jpg (720x660, 289K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0uH3OGfQpu8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can I kill the wildlings in their cribs?

Friendly reminder that Tolkien's The Fall of Gondolin was published last August.
GRRM should just let Tolkien write the Winds of Winter. That way, it might come out this year.

Out of morbid curiosity I'd love to see GRRM's take on Souls style lore, like item descriptions that just talk about dry politics and poorly written sex scenes and shiting brown water.

SUNSET

A good GoT game would focus on dialogue.
A dark souls GoT game would be retarded

Invaded by Chaotic Ladder Climber Littlefinger

Godsdamn it George, are you secretly ghost writing The Doors of Stone as well? Maybe working on a Harry Potter spin-off? A Wheel of Time prequel?

Which medieval war would he crib heavily from as the backbone for things then?

A Hack Studio and a Hack Writer
What could go wrong

Better than licensing his IP to literal whos who have never made a decent game like he usually does

If you're a fantasy writer, you have to finish your series or you go hollow.

>and the furtive VAT, so easily forgotten...

This would be the first time I don't buy a FromSoft game

Do people still give a shit about GoT?
Didn't HBO and shitposting finally kill it?

What was Joffrey's tax policy?

I don't remember that being detailed in the books.

would buy immediately. from could use a loremaster.

Is this real? Why the FUCK is he not working on book 6?

working hard or hardly working, ha ha

Attached: GRRM.webm (720x404, 558K)

He didn't have one

If only the fat-George was as effective writer as he is at whoring out his IP.

Unless he's making winds of winter a fucking game then he needs to stop working with the king of meme devs and FINISH THE FUCKING BOOKS

Can‘t wait to read two pages about heraldry or detailed descriptions of the 50 courses they had during a banquet.

That's why he was a shitty ruler, though his grandfather taxed/confiscated belongings from rebels. His mom however used taxes as a weapon to the point of storing insurrection.

Books are for nerds, we gamedev now

I can't help but feel like this guy should be spending less time writing things that aren't part of his Song of Ice and Fire series and more time finishing the next book he's been "working on" for a decade.

>What was Joffrey's tax policy?
ripping out newborn animals straight from the womb

>From will never again be that charming but kinda janky studio who puts out 7/10 cult games

>They're successful and popular now so they suck

Because he fell for the discovery writing meme a long time ago where you just write down whatever cool ideas come into your head and make a plan for where all of it is going to go later and now he's got so many different plot threads going he doesn't know what to do with them and he's probably bored of the asoiaf universe anyway, or at least the main plot of the books so his writing style renders him completely incapable of finishing them. He's lost in the middle of nowhere without a map and his car has no fuel.

Tolkien is fucking dead

His goal with ASoIaF from the beginning was for it to be adapted and sold to some broadcast company. He used to writes scripts as a living in the past. When he got it sold he finished his current book and just cashed in. This was his plan all along.

What is HIS tax policy? Why doesn't he run for office if he cares so much?

Attached: george_rr_martin_photo_mark_davis_wireimage_via_getty_images_164117282_resized.jpg (1022x1200, 217K)

youtube.com/watch?v=0uH3OGfQpu8

This is what we got last time FROM worked with someone outside the gaming industry, again they choose to work with hacks.

If I started making bank for doing nothing I'd be doing nothing too

>tfw some dust in a coffin writes faster and better than you and finishes what it started decades ago

Extremely high IQ post right here

I love every piece of news that shows GRRM has abandoned writing the ASOIAF books because it sends book autists into a seething rage

i am laffin

GOT would be better with more magic and fantasy instead of drama and politics

Gwyn's tax policy was literally
>let me put some fire round your darksign and I promise to not genocide your race

Lords as far as I can tell didn't pay tax, they just had duties in exchange for being granted powerful souls.

costs way more to produce than angled shots of edgy midget queens

How the fuck you gonna tax souls

Since when has good writing = popularity? That's not how popular things work. Popular things HAVE to be easy to digest for the average normalfag retard. That's why they become popular, because the average nromalfag retard can enjoy it. Kino is ALWAYS underground material that doesn't make any money. Good writers only ever become moderately famous after they're dead.

Attached: 11b18a00066f507bff51cbe506407955f8edcbef0ac91548cf00f25acda257b0.jpg (587x742, 146K)

A song of ice and fire/Game of thrones is a lame version of 'The Heroic Legend of Arslan'

prove me wrong.

>the joke
>your head

hehe
arse-lan

The fuck is GRM's problem anyway? His books go more into depth of the human body than it does and bureaucratic or otherwise economic policies. And it's not like his books are good enough to have him feel big enough to attack Tolkien

This will be from the B team
DaS2 levels of Fun

Moon blood

This is probably the same level of "work" that Kojima and Reedus are doing.

It’s just fantasy war of the roses.
Lannister = Lancaster
Stark = York

George was a welfare taking writer who was born after WW2. Tolkien fought in WW1 and was a professor.

He's just an imitator. GRRM isn't even is his birth name.

the more she drank the more she shat but the thirstier she get whatever this dude is a hack

>imagine being so fat you are ashamed to take your clothes off in your own backyard

I don't give a fuck about Game of Thrones, but I liked Tuf Voyaging.

The hell is that supposed to be? That doesn' even look slightly related to DaS3

Attached: 1546648973113.png (299x315, 55K)

>did someone say 'hack'?

Attached: retard.jpg (250x333, 25K)

Probably because they hired a literal retard to make it.

If George makes From give the dragons two legs it automaticly be shit

>Welcome to the bonfire, Unkindled One
>I am a Book Keeper.
>I tend to the accounts, and tend to thee.
>The CEOs have left their boardrooms, and must be deliver'd to them.
>To this end, I am at thy side

Attached: B8C0EFCB-CD51-41C8-BB76-D125E0A949FE.jpg (960x540, 62K)

Fucking FROM, all I want is Chromehounds 2.

Ah, is this what happiness looks like?

At least George can rest easy on the knowledge he isn’t rothfuss.

Attached: E9B13EF4-66B4-4BAD-82DE-58CE85E77923.jpg (2448x3264, 779K)

Can't wait for 13 year old girls diarrhea puking while talking about a tax policy.

>did someone say 'hack'?
can I play too?

Attached: muh magic systems.jpg (220x308, 12K)

I wonder what your character will go through when they when they get poisoned haha

Kek

The absolute STATE of cucks.

At least he still writes the books.

Not even remotely in the same league.
Regardless of what you think of Sanderson, you clearly don’t get how deep the rothfuss rabbit hole goes.

I'm really scared that you might be right. I was pretty confused when he kept introducing characters in Dance

>709
Honestly, I stopped reading after the whole high school themed Lute-solo he did for a caravan AND stole another dudes girl at the same time. Top recommended (((fantasy))) novel.

No wonder people look down on fiction so much.

if by books you mean gimmicky anime rpg systems then yes, he does that

I feel like he might actually write something good if he didn't divide his attention so much. Most of his stuff reads like a first draft

That's an lookalike actor doing a skit you know.

The thing that irks me about it is that he tries to pass his shameless Mary Sue off as “unreliable narrator” without bothering to put the work in. If he wasn’t a complete hack, he could put in subtle contradictions that indicate he’s full of shit, rather than wanking off in your face and telling you he’s only pretending.
Something like in the Dresden files, where the main character’s descriptions of his friends can get very blatantly skewed when contrasted with their actual behaviour.

tried the first one and quit when the protag turned out to be a male Rey and burned the book when the internet tried to tell me about muh unreliable narrator

>we're not getting the book he should have finished decades ago so that he can describe how many bones were in the ugly boy's cell where he ate his grey porridge with a wooden spoon that was carved from a tree under which a lady used to read poems to her pet rabbit who was her only solace after the deaths of her brothers who were also her lovers and their names were

Any excuse not to work on the next book, huh?

>Top recommended (((fantasy))) novel.
>No wonder people look down on fiction so much.
Yeah you have to really work it for fantasy recs nowadays. Goodreads and Reddit will endlessly circlejerk over the same old groupthink approved drek like 'fuss et al. Try some good old Moorcock or Jack Vance instead

Gwyn shrewdly put a hefty tax on Pine Resin based exports since it was in such high demand for slaying Dragonkin.

The unreliable narrator is excuse is just that.
It had absolutely no bearing on the first two books, and given the guy has done jack shit to write another in over a decade, chances are he’s realised he’s in too deep to make it impact the next one.
Ultimately, the excuse boils down to “jokes on them, I was only pretending to be a Sue” which falls completely flat because people still had to wade through thousands of pages worth of garbage where the narrative treats him as one, with no indication of what the truth is.

pic related is funnest fantasy setting

Attached: Steve-Jacksons-Sorcery.png (660x330, 298K)

Wat was ancients tax policy?

Truly insane tax breaks.

Robert Paulson

Based

>game 1: perfect
>game 2: shit
>game3: would be perfect, but too wide and layered to be tight, also many fans lost interest after 2
>game 4: no one cared

I shouldn't have put any work into my post, I forgot I'm on Yea Forums.

I'd be ashamed to use that technique if I couldn't pull it off masterly like Gene Wolf. Like, I wouldn't even try, it's pure cringe when it fails

>kill Asylum Demon
>get 2000 souls
>can’t level up because of Lordran’s 40% souls tax for undead

Attached: 293EDDC5-2BC0-4302-9FEA-39FC8DDCA579.jpg (665x724, 72K)

Knowing that Miyazaki was a fan of RuneQuest I'd much rather see him make a game in that setting than GoT.

Attached: Runequest-Deluxe-Third-Edition-boxed-set.jpg (881x1193, 161K)

That be some powerful cuckery at work here.

based Yang of New York giving me a large soul of a nameless soldier every month with that soul tax

thanks slavie

Hard work builds humanity user

>if everything should fade, then what would be left of my equity?

Attached: lucatielframe.jpg (150x300, 14K)

It’s depressing that Rothfuss could have actually pulled it off if he’d had the balls to knock his Self insert down a peg or two.
Shit like the infamous Lyre incident could be reworked if he’d made an off hand mention to his lyre having all its strings, making the reader realise he bullshitted about it being broken, or make some reference to someone else winning a competition he claimed to have won, because he forgot he’d lied about it earlier.
Little details like that have nice returns.

Admittedly in Rothfuss’ case, his prose is so fucking awful that his Mary Sue writing is probably the least of his worries

>sunlight warriors get tax breaks on advancing their covenant
>non darkwraiths have to pay an extra 20% orb tax too invade
It’s not fair!

cute!

Sunlight warriors are a religious institute brother, and Darkwraiths just tend to live in low income neighborhoods

>membership makes up 5% of the covenants
>darkwraiths are behind 53% of the invasions
Really makes you think...

Anor londo couldn't function without big government propping it up

>Breast-based energy supply

It simply wasn't sustainable

the Bank Gods in Anor Londo is just one huge bubble waiting to burst, they have no capital and are sitting on countless bad loans while the industry is stagnating.
Fireism and Gwybdoline Economics have failed.
Time to go back to the Grey standard

>Tolkien's ghost is still a better writer than GRRM

Hey, sometimes stuff happens that is on the surface simple for retards to enjoy and thus becomes popular, but also has plenty of depth. Eg: Simpsons seasons 2-9

>The state of GRRM

Attached: kek289.png (800x800, 108K)

did he manage to write the last book yet? I remember ppl bitching years ago that it took ages

Attached: 1526521478367.jpg (250x187, 4K)

I was in New Londo the other week and one of them used his dark hand to steal all my souls. Theres a reason the place where they come from is in literal ruins you know. WE WUZ HONORABLE KNIGHTS my ass.
If you ask me we should put them on a boat and ship them back to the Abyss.

This would serve much better as a basis for a From game. It's just as vague, and Ascendancy could be a fun mechanic. Shit, it's already built on a pen and paper framework.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x611, 183K)

>a FromSoft game without Miyazaki directing it
I believe we've seen what this looks like, and it ain't pretty. Literally and figuratively.

Last I heard he was still claiming writers block and lack of inspiration.
On a completely unrelated note, book 2 releasing heralded him getting out of the college he’d wallowed and got nowhere in since he started writing.

GRRM is so far ahead of Tolkien its not even funny. His characters are so much more iconic and memorable than the bland ones in lord of the rings. Think of Jon Snow, Daenerys, Jaime Lannister - household names, they all have real in depth character development and the audience feels attached to them. This is no contest against fucking Aragorn and Frodo, and the entire plot of Lord of the Rings is so convoluted and confused that it's not even worth talking about. Whereas GRRM's plot, full of twists and turns, is compelling and engaging. He portrays war so much more realistically, and his story is gritty, human, real, and authentic. He actually draws from real history, and unlike Tolkien doesn't rely on meme languages and """lore""" to make his work great. His work is already great because it stands on its own merits, and his is the story of our generation. It is for this reason that Game of Thrones is the current pinnacle of television, and why ASOIAF is so iconic and beloved, and why its legacy will far outlast Tolkien's.
He isn't the American Tolkien because he is far beyond that level.

Hand it over... that thing... your liquidated assets...

Attached: slave_knight_gael_boss.jpg (442x400, 42K)

Your sanity, approximately 5% (of whatever's remaining) every time you praise Them

Tolkien is to creative literary genius what Martin is to hack pulp idiocy. They both so far surpass anyone else in their field that they will be remembered 1,000 years from now as a kind of yin and yang of fantasy, a Manichaen duality of speculative letters. For every sublime, luminous beauty that Tolkien has gifted the world, Martin has cursed us with a tedious, banal ugliness. It is unfair to compare the two directly on any one point, because Martin is in every way the anti-Tolkien, patently sterile, parasitical, and inferior, but so much so that he becomes a monument in his own right, and counterbalances Tolkien. Could one exist without the other? Tolkien obviously could. But it is only by the contrast that Martin offers that we can truly appreciate the full depths and heights of Tolkien. Our understanding of Tolkien would be incomplete if Martin had never set pen to page. It is through only the abject failure and futility of Martin that we can approach an apprehension of the true scope and scale of Tolkien's hitherto inconceivable greatness. Perhaps this is what Tolkien had in mind when he wrote about the Music of the Ainur. If Tolkien is a subcreator in the image of Eru, truly Martin is like unto Melkor. It is only reflected in the awfulness of the one that we can fully see the goodness of the other.

Attached: mw56725.jpg (615x800, 98K)

I see Yea Forums has their own bait pasta departments, nice.

saved

Realistically speaking, given his weight and age, George R.R. Martin probably have another 10 years left in his life. Do you think he'd finish the books before then?

Possibly, but obese people on their last legs tend to have such an abysmal quality of life that he probably won’t be getting any work done

Mmm…mmm…
Mm! Oh-hoh!
Forgive me.. I was absorbed in thought.
I am Siegmeyer of Catarina
Quite honestly, these rates have run straight up the wall.
…Or, a ball, to be precise.
…I'm afraid my credits a bit too low to be affording these things
so here I sit in quite a pickle.
Weighing my options, so to speak!
Hah hah hah hah!" - Siegmeyer.

Attached: siegmeyer-of-catarina.jpg (300x555, 38K)

Were they the ones who made the Harry Potter pasta or was that Yea Forums?

>Was looking forward to it for the longest time
>Now I just want it to come out so her can start writing the next book about cats and steampunk machine spirits

Attached: peaceTalksTempCover.jpg (120x180, 6K)

He said he got into novels because he wanted to be able to be unbound by budgetary restraints, so it's funny to see the screen adaptation shitting the bed so hard

Little dragon cradles?

The world economy is controlled by a cabal of shadowy serpents, it's all an endless cycle of debt that can never be repaid.

>literally added an extra name so he could have a second R like Tolkien
Sad!

At least he’s posting updates now.

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY.

DARK WRAITHS RISE UP.

how many hours of dialouge will be spent describing the shit the characters take?

i don't know, but it'd be funny if they spent a lot of time fleshing out audio and text descriptions haha

>Not posting the one where he's jumping nude on a trampoline.

>bought the books in preparation for the hbo show
>after finishing reading them start the show
>drop it after 5 episodes
What a fucking trash of adaptation.

Season 3 or 4 is where it starts getting really shitty though.
Just watch it to enjoy the trainwreck.

>key moment of S1 is that even a hardened badass is vulnerable to infection, and his posturing leading to his downfall is obvious foreshadowing
>s5 has a tiny girl get shanked repeatedly, fall in a sewer and be fine days later because she got off her tits on opium

Will this faggot ever finish The Winds of Never Ever? There are supposed to be two more books after it and there is no way they are going to get done before this fat fuck dies. Seven fucking years to write one fucking book yet he has managed to release two others and do all the other stuff he is doing and take new stuff on.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I haven't even read the books and I knew the show was irrecoverable once Barristan Selmy was killed by some peasants in a back alley

Pretty sure they only wanted to adapt it for the red wedding. Everything after that is where it really starts to go downhill, more liberties with the story and now we are a few weeks from the final season with a cast and setting that looks more like Warcraft 3 at this point.

FIINSH THE GODDAMN BOOKS YOU FAT FUCKING FAGLORD

Attached: Stannis_S05E09.png (577x752, 372K)

There must always be a night king

STANIS
A
N
I
S

So would the game have some actual lore books and a proper monster index instead of just half assed item descriptions?

Attached: 1547209935891.gif (200x200, 3.46M)

UHG HELP ME

Attached: 1503679037637.gif (588x526, 3.55M)

Why would you spend your last years on Earth being miserable writing a book you don't want to write when you're already filthy rich?

iirc he wanted to make a timeskip at some point in the 4th or 5th book to move the story together but it just didn't work out since some of the plots demanded immediate continuity. If he still hasn't figured out a way to do it I doubt we'll see the last 2 books in his lifetime.

He doesn't need to write anymore, he has Netflix cash.

Tell them only that the Night King is dead, and that Stannis Baratheon died with him.

>At least I'm her best friend!
Yikes

Attached: 1535889153014.gif (290x189, 1.04M)

GRRM is a fat lazy hack.
Are there any people who would actually defend him?

Attached: 1537543765098.png (653x610, 315K)

There are still a few battered housewives that say he doesn’t owe anyone anything.
I wonder if they get that if you sell a series, people buy into it expecting the fucking thing to be finished, or for the author to at least attempt it.

>Other people are responsible for my expectations

If Berserk is the japanese ASOIAF, what is the videogame equivalent?

His defender are really pathetic. The books will never be finished and the story will be told through the TV show. There is nothing more cucked than that.

So how many copies do you think he would have sold if he’d put a sticker on them saying “will probably never be finished”?

FFVII remake I guess.

>A good GoT game would focus on dialogue.
Massive brainlet

GRRM has been writing for decades, and didn't become a household name until a TV adaptation of one his book series. His throngs of "fans" only care about the gory, sexy tv show

Attached: Andy-Warhol.jpg (1200x630, 114K)

Do you really think he planned it this way from the start? It's a pointless argument anyway. People die and shit gets cancelled all the time. Should everything come with a disclaimer saying the future is uncertain?

If Jon Snow fucking dies in the final season i will kill this fat fuck

why do you faggots hate asoiaf so much?
that and the witcher are my favourite fantasy settings, mostly because they subvert a lot of conventional fantasy tropes

everyone dies in the final season

Is the book series that much better than the show? Because the show has tons of problems especially in the later half which makes me question if it was ever good in the first place

Make Jon die honorable then, holding that fucking fire sword and shit

He planned a series from the start, antrilogy to be precise. People bought it expecting an eventual conclusion.
Martin gets shit more than Jordan did in not completing WoT because, unlike Jordan, it’s clear he’s made absolutely fuck all effort to do so.

At least try, user.

It will be finished, just not in book form.

for an unsullied love story no less

Attached: 1501528222191.png (409x644, 68K)

The Watch is his sword, it's all symbolic

>people who dont read books will reply to this post because they know Tolkien is dead

Nice bait user I really enjoyed this one

Attached: 1553644065248.png (640x480, 558K)

GRRM IS A HACK

>I disagree therefore it must be bait
based brainlet

>reminder to Tolkien Fags
Tolkien wrote the entire LOTR saga including hobbit , and the silmarillion in 1478 pages
George Books HAVE 5038 PAGES JUST THE ASOIAF MAIN BOOKS not even counting the world of ice and fire, fire and blood and the entire dunk and egg books so OF FUCKING COURSE TOOK MUCH MORE TIME TO WRITE than the lotr books ,Martin is 45546 better than the bong fag that had his son finish a mere 300 pag books because he couldnt

Attached: 38fwm4q07fu01.jpg (970x545, 98K)

>456364293
>doubling down
Bad. No (you) for (you)

How the fuck do you feed a kingdom as massive as Westeros when your winters last for multiple years at a time?

What was Aegon's agricultural policy?

>wtf how can anyone like any other fantasy setting than lotr!!

based

Attached: 1552817049005.jpg (1149x565, 273K)

>5038 PAGES
Subtract 2.5k pages devoted to food descriptions.

The majority of that is just descriptions of food.

t. never read the books

Night and day. The series diverges more and more from the source material, and the last several seasons are all original since they caught up to the books. There's so much lost in translation, as you might expect.

Anything to avoid finishing his work before he dies.

You will be ashamed of your words and deeds

LMAO fucking sellouts. Good riddance. Fuck devs "Yea Forums likes"

Attached: Capture.jpg (1298x619, 35K)

It was Yea Forums

I fart in your general direction

What they did to the one true king Stannis was even worse. They had the perfect actor for him and he seemed poised to make a real mark, then they ruined his character and killed him off.

At least that unit director didn't say "Well he's too old to fight" and forget helmets and stuntmen were things.

Didn't they do it offscreen so they could do an asspull later?
Barristan died onscreen though, and early enough for me to be caught offguard.
I mean Stannis died after the show had gone to absolute shit and people were literally laughing at what trash the next episode was going to bring.

lmao

Game of Thrones ruined all MILF porn by all this rise and increase in stepmom incest porn and shit.

>write an autistic fanfic of tolkein but with rape and shit
>become a millionaire

what's stopping you, Yea Forums?

>loving father daughter scene with stannis & shireen
>"i saved your life because youre princess shireen of house baratheon and you are my daughter"
>burns her next episode because dude snow lmao
look how they murdered my boy

Attached: 1434549160639.jpg (521x687, 65K)

>every character dies because they didn't git gud

Attached: 1496077966443.jpg (564x468, 68K)

Why would you want him to write anything for you? Half the text would be "COCK COCK SHIT PISS CUNTS CUNT COCKS FAT PINK MAST SHITTING".

I'd rather have Dark Souls's olden English dialogue.

Attached: 1553798182898.png (720x672, 401K)

>so they could do an asspull later
Seasons 5 and 6 were both obviously written with minimal character and action movement hoping for Winds to save the writing team from their jobs. That's apparent nowhere more than in the North.

I've heard about how awful "Name of the Wind" is. Anyone care to give me a detailed rundown of why it is terrible?

think Ready Player One but in fantasy yurop. it's full of fedora core EPIC anime shit and the author is ernest cline tier, "I only like like nerdy girls with glasses who play nintendo and watch star trek!" type of dude. there is a screencap of the text in one of them where the protagonist basically says "yeah you're a chad who fucked my girl, but she's more *emotionally* attached to me even though we never had sex!"

oh derp somebody posted the text

I liked it, but it can be pretty self-indulgent

stannis leading the charge in the blackwater was kino but they still didnt give him a helmet

>There are nameless things gnawing at the deep places of the Earth RIGHT NOW

Attached: 1553533268541.jpg (1024x768, 42K)

>G.R.R. Martinfags think their fat fuck idol knows how to spend half a novel describing food
STEP THE FUCK BACK

Attached: 9780441005482_p0_v2_s1200x630.jpg (387x630, 71K)

>There's a ginormous eldritch SPIDER that eats fucking LIGHT lurking in the void between dimensions RIGHT NOW

>every time they go to dinner there's a page dedicated to roasted chestnuts dipped in honey
AND THEY HAVE DINNER EVERY NIGHT

I was told the protagonist was also a blatant author self-insert and Gary Stu. What examples are there of that?

Just google it fag. Read the amazon preview, you should get enough *snaps* out of that to see what the deal is.

this is from a Conan skit btw

>her daughter inhabits a cave in the mountain range RIGHT NEXT to Gondor's heartland and has a pact with fucking Gollum to lure people there so she can eat them

He seduces a literal sex goddess and spends forever in a magical realm having all kinds of sex every day until he becomes a sex god himself

actually grrm completely lost control of his plot and characters.
The last couple of asoiaf books were complete nonsensical trash
but you haven't actually read them, and this is just some shitty pasta

>roasted chestnuts dipped in honey
That sounds moderately comfy and delicious considering they are all squirrels or some shit

because it's popular, what other reason do you need?

My Malazan nigga

Be quiet and eat your lamprey pie

Attached: p036k5sn.jpg (624x351, 34K)

shit author

To be fair, I'm sure Shereen's burning will probably happen in the books.

That being said, I do hate how the show butchered Stannis.

enjoyed it for what it was, the problem is that the main character is good at everything and doesnt really have any flaws. Which basically means he's a gary stu

Better than that hack George R. R. Martin

His flaw is that he's too good
But really he's just huffing fumes in the artificery and having a mad trip

Not even. That Malazan shit is an abomination.

I don't get the joke. ???

malazan is garbage but from the little I have read of the first book, it is exactly the type of bullshit non-storytelling that would work perfectly in a From game with nice graphics added to the mix to make things concrete

This but unironically

Basically being the best at everything he tries instantly.
They try to mitigate it by saying it’s just an unreliable author, but it’s still obnoxious and doesn’t excuse it in the slightest.

I'M GONNA SAY THE C-WORD

Capital gains?

CONVEXITY

>Allinor's Lance

>A heavy iron lance wielded by Allinor, great king of the southern kingdom of Svenbok. His tax policy and extermination of the undead brought much prosperity to his land and he bedded both of his sisters and many of his cousins. His many children warred amongst each other after his death, leading to his great kingdoms fragmentation.

Oh and he died of dysentery

But wait, do they even detail specific policies in GRRM's books?

unironically would do the same as a rich fat fuck

funny that's what miyazaki read in his teens and based early souls on it and the fact he couldn't understand half of it because dumb westaboo

medieval people ate a disturbing quanity of these hideous things, how do they taste?

NO

Keep your hacky shit off of my dark fantasy game

Attached: 1551197998869.jpg (640x625, 37K)

Remember user that if you're writing a book even though you may never considered a masterful writer like Tolkien or George RR Martin by the masses that that's okay and what really matters is that there are people out there who like your work for what it is, enjoy it and you should improve yourself for their sake. Keep it up, I know you can do it.

Attached: SCJ9gIw.gif (400x225, 2M)

Disagree, tons of medieval fantasy media has elves, magic and all that

It’s nice to have a medieval world darker than your average NES final fantasy, not enough things explore the intricacies and backstabbing of politics and relationships

Boy i sure can't wait to fucking see dicks and rape in my dark Souls

If that makes me a full rape Dickwraith with people screeching at me to stop through hatemail then so be it, I'm gonna throw some good money in there

The Lannisters just basically keep borrowing cash beyond their means to compensate for Robert's complete lack of economic foresight and end up driving the Iron Bank to support Stannis instead.

What is even the point of the iron bank?
They have the most money but how the fuck do they protect it?
What does nobody just attack them and take everything?

They have money, money = power and influence. What kind of retard would try doing that?

It's all legal tender, if the bank is kill the money becomes useless

how's third grade treating you

How can gold and silver become useless you fucking retard

Tyrion adds a tax on whores in the second book

They don't have a fucking army as big as the Lannisters or Stark's or whatever. Just sail there and fuck them up. The world is at war anyways

It's fake gold and silver

Stannis might die in the next book in the middle of nowhere, but anything will be more satisfying than how his story ended on the show.

>Implying it ended

they don't need an army they can just buy one

>tfw the Lannisters are Greece

Why does nobody attack Switzerland?

The show's quality was a gradual decline, but HBO Stannis was always completely different from book Stannis from the get-go.

Good actor though.

Attached: Stannis spoiler.jpg (1200x900, 274K)

20 good men is the tactical nuke of Westeros

How can From Software get away with releasing literally the same game over and over again?

Based Tolkien also brought Beowulf into the public conscious. That alone is worth more than the entirety of George's contribution to literature.

>a bunch of nips who don't know a lick of English teams up with a guy who loves using antediluvian descriptors

STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS!

Reads like a weapon backstory outta Drakengard.

Yeah, but Stannis himself wouldn't do that shit in a million years. He's a fucking atheist and only picked up the faith of the R'hllor because he thought it would be useful to have their support. The show cut had scenes with lmao dick jokes but couldn't do character scenes like the Proudwing conversation that do so much for the characters of Stannis and Davos.

Game of Thrones is a poor man's Malazan series, made worse by its enormous normal fag following.

>malazan is garbage
I can understand not liking it:it starts to drag its feet and take some questionable direction after book sev-
>but from the little I have read of the first book
Fuck off

You're right, and I'm furious.

I'm pretty sure that's the result of a certain degenerate high up the chain, or group of them, forcing it everywhere

Dropped it at the start of 2. 1 was fucking terrible. Dogshit characterization, the pacing is the worst I've seen since MGS2, the political pandering doesn't help, and aside from the roof ninjas and shit being so fucking silly he's throwing power levels around like it's fucking DBZ, meaning 90% of what's happening doesn't even matter. And nothing does happen for most of the book. He spends the entire thing just introducing characters and moving them into position for the obvious big showdown, where most of them do jack shit anyway.

Then, something finally fucking does happen, and it's over. The end. Next book, and first thing he does is throw away everything he spent the entire book to establish. Whole new setting, some new people, everyone starts moving into position again for another 800 fucking pages before something is going to happen again, and I'll bet you all 800 of those pages go into the trash again, just like last time.

It's like he read the black company, thought the ending twist and accompanying shitstorm were pretty neat, and then when copying it forgot to include the fucking book. Nothing outside of the climax holds any meaning, or interest, outside of their contribution to it. It's like Guy Ritchie started writing books. Only here he's the most boring, droning faggot imaginable. Dropped it like a fucking rock when they threw away the setting and it became clear I'd have to wade through another thousand or so pages or mindbogglignly dull exposition before a fucking thing happens again.

The Malazan books are my go-to example when people start jerking off to the potential of self-publishing. Jesus Christ does that man need an editor. Or a noose.

sure but i doubt book stannis will consent to it or carry it out as he does in the show, shireen isnt even with him in the books, it might happen behind his back and be all the more tragic for it, instead of them attempting to develop this stoic autist as a good father then doing a 180 for shock value.

Apparently they've got the texture of a good steak.

>Malazan Fromsoft RPG
>set during the Siege of Y'Ghatan
>each NG+ cycle is from a different character's perspective
>starting as some OC generic soldier just trying to survive and progressing all the way up to Dassem leading the Sword and Surly personally handling shit and manipulating everything in the background, with the power levels escalating the whole time

GRRM criticised Tolkein, saying he was overrated because he never once mentioned Gondor's taxation system or how the economy works.

Are we going to see CIA in this game?

Wake me up when we get a chad like Erikson working with From

Attached: Siege_Of_Pale.jpg (864x432, 66K)

Dresden Files are my favorite trashy pulp books

>Hymir's Finger

>This is the largest sword in the world, too heavy for any mere mortal to lift. It is believed that till now, no warrior has been able to wield it.
>It was ordered forged by the warlord Vahk the Pitiless. Made from the melted armor of his vanquished enemies, the sword announced Vahk's might and grandeur to the world.
>The sword grew heavier and heavier each time it took a life, and it gradually became more and more difficult to wield. At last, even its mighty owner could no longer swing it.
>One morning, Vahk the Pitiless was found dead. Beside him, dripping with flesh and dyed scarlet with blood, lay the sword. Who had managed to raise the mighty weapon against him?

second

>malazan is garbage but from the little I have read of the first book
If you haven't finished GotM who the fuck cares what you think about the series?

Attached: 1544196805039.jpg (732x498, 50K)

The next from software game should be a mecha fantasy

Attached: escaflowne.jpg (581x428, 42K)

>dropped it at the start of 2
Your loss for missing out on Chain of Dogs, you fucking pleb.

Attached: 1521325332625.jpg (524x744, 468K)

the Chaos stuff in that setting would make for good base for Bloodborne 2

>and I'll bet you all 800 of those pages go into the trash again, just like last time.
I mean I could tell you you're incorrect but you won't believe me. Also Capustan shows up in like three more Malazan books at least so you're wrong, again.

>a books merit is measured in pages
Did GRRM write several functional languages and a working world before he even began work on the book?

game of souls, bitch

>people who don't read books

I don't get it. Why is it people who don't read books who would fall for the bait? Anyone can tell it's bait cause Tolkien's die.

How would a game based on Thomas Covenant work?

And so the dragon Xygwyznth attacked the village, burning its peoples to cinders, but, they awoke to find their homes gone and their past 10 years' tax records vanished, and they had no choice but to adopt themselves to the darkness. For they couldn't recount their tax values and they would be shamed when the IRS came to backlog their numbers--a similar event that had brought down the Great King Smear Wennsforth of Elwyns' Ancient Wood, defender of the Thrice Cursed and Bastard of the Flinterbottom, whose tax values were inflated the stomach he had, consistantly inflated from his five meals a day, consisting of Golgorian Meat pies, succulent Newport salmon, ringed with lemons from the isles of the Manafords, and the purple onions of Arthorn. These great exports had also caught the eye of Xygwyznth, who had burned his treasury to ruin, as well as the credits of his lendors, who sought alterior motives for securing their funds. Unable to properly account for his funds, he was stabbed by his great third cousin, Barney, who tore the kingdom asunder as it was equally split between his own 14 sons, both true and bastard born.
But, nonetheless, as we find the villagers deposed and in the shadows of their lives, they were penniless and, with all their quails finely roasted, had to quickly take them to market to be seasoned, lest the not have the funds to survive the winter, as the last one had killed 70 of their best and strongest birds. But, as the villagers cross the burrows and the moorlands to the market town of Queensmith, named after the proud blacksmith who had raised its iron walls to defend it from snake person attacks, they found themselves repulsed by the town guards, shaming them as soulless undead, unwilling to properly compensate them at market value by the unfair and cruel perchance of their newly evolved fate of the unliving Dark Soul...

Attached: 1502202414568.webm (640x360, 174K)

I don't care if he back references it once, or twice after that. It doesn't change that his "style" is piling on dull exposition for an entire goddamn book just for a 20-page climax at the end.

I take it you wouldn't enjoy Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrel then, a book so slow paced that its climax lasts 200 pages.

>Dark Souls, GRRM and Drakengard combination
I'm definitely interested in that.

>like item descriptions that just talk about dry politics and poorly written sex scenes and shiting brown water.
Third post is also good.

We need some taxposting

There is an old memo in my business…
…Thou who art Indebted, art chosen…
…In thine exodus from the IRS, maketh pilgrimage to the land of Ancient Bankers…
…When thou ringeth the Bell of Auditing, the fate of the Indebted thou shalt know.
…Well, now you know… And I can declare bankruptcy with hope in my heart…

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 5K)

NOTHIN' BUT MAGGOTY TWITTER THREADS FOR THREE STINKIN' DAYS

underrated

Attached: AT7arsP7Q2-8.png (300x250, 35K)

>When it's so obvious that you're the best choice out of all the contenders for the throne that the show writers have to change your character into a literal child murderer to convince watchers you're the bad guy.
He truly is a king amongst Kings.

Attached: dex.jpg (500x773, 54K)

Its a central setting for several other books you stupid fucking nigger. Typical Yea Forumsirgin, talking shit about an entire series that he knows nothing about. Malazan haters are literal mouthbreathers.

Attached: coltaine_rides_out_2_by_slaine69.jpg (600x757, 111K)

Its physically impossible for that to happen. I could see Mel burning Shireen, but Stannis? No fucking way, he couldn't even if he wanted to.

Thanks, duck fren.

What? The most popular series in history? People are hyped for the final season.

Even normalfags were taking the piss out of the last season's rampant teleporting.
I doubt it's dead, but the name won't last long to the public once the main series is over, unless they pull out the stops for the spin offs.

Dark Sales.

>Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Joyce, Woolf, Swift, Pope, Homer and Dante are fucking idiots
a bold view but I dig it

under rated

Fromsoft+Fat Fuck known for a normie show sounds like something really, really fucking awful and almost reddit-tier meme. I would love to be proven wrong if he can provide a good story, though. Maybe some more precise writing can help From make a story-focused RPG with some meaningful choices. Not to say they can't focus on a simple story, but something more complex would probably fall apart for them. We'll see, I guess.

GRRM didn't write that monologue

Attached: 1496099939194.jpg (635x636, 80K)

The way he dealt with memory loss in the first Latro book was insane. Each new chapter beginning with some absolutely essential piece of information casually revealed because the mc didn't know he'd never mentioned it before.
The second one didn't really use the mechanic so well, unfortunately.
Oh Jesus my penis
Miyazaki + RuneQuest would be absolute GOAT
Lordran is a nation of immigrants. Feel free to fuck off in that boat too, lighty.
Maybe you'd stop chopping down the archtrees and genociding dragons

Attached: 1553660414331.jpg (403x395, 22K)

What? You can tell whether a book is well or badly written without reading all of it.

No need to tax, he just found a lord soul in a campfire, just like the Lannisters happend to sit on a mountain filled with gold.

>Weighing my options, so to speak!
:^)

WRITE THE FUCKING BOOK!

I thought it was alright desu. Nice costumes, nice sets, good acting and it stuck pretty close to the books. I'm not generally a fan of tv though so my expectations are very low in general.

reminder that in the last 8 years he's posted more words on his blog than the entirety of ADWD, and exceeded it by over 100,000 words

Eh, tbqh there's plenty of great works of literature which get read despite being unfinished. The most famous Chinese book of all time is one of them. ASoIaF quite obviously is not one of them, but there's a precedent is what I mean.

Kingdom Hearts

You’re a moronic grinchfag if you actually believe this is really happening.

The issue is less that it will be unfinished, and more that he's clearly got no intention of trying.
It was depressing when I found out that the excerpts the publisher released were actually cut segments from the last book, so there's no evidence he's written anything new at all for it that's been past an editor.

A shitload of sausages, pasta, and pickled eggs, I assume.

>the excerpts the publisher released were actually cut segments from the last book
Hold up what?
Damn, that's not good.

Do more. We need more taxposting

Literally nobody looks down on fiction. Did you mean genre fiction? Because a bunch of people do associate that shit with anything at all involving dragons. Although my university's professors are into talking about "the fantastic" academically, and they don't seem to be alone, so maybe it's not such a feeling in academia after all.

2 was good fuck you
t. 8 year old me

AHHHHH, MAJESTIC! An auditor is an auditor, even in a dream! But alas, do not file so fast! The paperwork sprawls unending!

Next FromSoft game should be not!Mexica after the not!Spaniards have made landfall, but not conquered them. Some sort of weird descent into a fucked-up Christianised Xibalba would be k i n o

>working on a ton of side projects instead of finishing the damn books
>every moment this man inches closer to death, he could literally be having a heart attack as we speak
He's desperately asking to receive death threats from his fans, whenever I talk to a fan of the books they are on high alert wondering if this dude can possibly finish them before keeling over

I think people are just going to watch the show instead of investing time into the series. GRRM gets to dodge doing any more work and coast at the expense of the integrity of the story.

Quality is not a function of page numbers

prepare to buy