What went right?

What went right?

Attached: dxmd.jpg (460x215, 50K)

It fooled me long enough to think it was a modern version of DX.

Everything was right

nothing

b&r

Explain autists! This was the best entry in the series.

Attached: _.png (360x494, 189K)

Adam stopped being a whiny bitch which is a major plus in my book. Plus the game looks really nice when the settings are cranked to max.

Hard to take you seriously with that atrocious image attached to your post.

The gameplay was pretty solid, shame about the lack of melee weapons and lockpicking, though.

Still waiting on you to explain what was wrong with the masterpiece.

Attached: 1525470561481.gif (500x286, 889K)

it was a good game, i been playing for the 5th time, but there are some problems, in some places, the fps go to 60 to 20 or 30, in prague, its a shame, a really good game, with a solid gameplay, its fun

Right:

Music
Atmosphere
Level design
Exploration
Stealth and combat
Augments
Sidequests
Gameplay.
World building

Wrong:

Main story length
Not enough hubs / locations to explore. Prague is nice but there needed to be a second hub
Golem City was fucking awesome, it SHOULD have been a second hub, I wanted to explore so much more of it.
Breach. I cannot believe they wasted resources developing this garbage.
Pre-order shit.

top tier atmosphere

No it isn't. The game lacked melee weapons and they became dumb action power moves. The game actively encourages a specific style of play. The Bosses were a mistake.

I liked melee in the first two games and found it to be more complex than wack dude until dead. A lot of it is that simple but you could sneak up on enemies to do extra damage. In DX:MD you press your melee kill button and they all die.

One of DX's greatest designs was offering a number of play styles and allowing the player to do as they want. DX:MD encourages a non-lethal stealth based approach to the game. Why shoot and kill someone when I can just shoot and knock out someone? The non-lethal approach is a purely better way to play since you get almost double the XP for a take down. Its not even harder to play this way.

The bosses were not what the first game's bosses were. The bosses in the first game could be skipped and if you did fight them, they were just like you. Bosses in DX:MD were their own thing, you were forced to fight them and they weren't all that fun. The third boss was kind of neat. I got my augments "fixed" on my second play-through to see what would happen and that was a fun effect to the boss fight. I think an alternate boss fight entirely would have been better since if they had control of his augments, they should have been able to completely disable and capture him.

Its now that I realize I complained about DX:HR. I haven't even bothered with DX:HR. I'm sure it suffers from similar problems. I hear its way too short.

I don't really care.

MD has literally one boss, at the very end of the game.

Explain main story length, it is almost 20 hours and I mean 20 really enjoyable hours, think about any action stealth that have a better duration without filler

OP's pic is Human Revolution, but judging by your post you're refering to Human Revolution too. The bosses got somewhat fixed in the director's cut, you don't have to fight them directly anymore, they can be stealthed now.

>I haven't even bothered with DX:HR
*DX:MD

I'm drunk. I'm going to sleep.

thought it was excellent. easily the best in the series after the original.

It's just too short. I know it's a dumb complaint, but it is. Starts off with Dubai turotial mission, then in Prague, go to the train station bomb site to steal the device, bring it back to TF29, then do some investigating around Prague, then spying on Miller and going to Golem City to confront Rucker. Then Marshall Law is declared in Prague and you have to break into the vault at Palisade, after that you go to the Swiss alps and then back to prague and then to London.

So let's see, that's what 5 locations total, 1 of them being a tutorial mission without exploration.

Compare that to human revolution:

1) Tutorial mission in Sarif industries
2) Sarif manufacturing plant
3) Detroit hub and police station
4) Hengsha part 1
5) Tai-Yong Medical building
6) Montreal Illuminati base / news broadcast building
7) Detroit part 2 - electric boogaloo
8) Hengsha part 2
9) Singapore facility
10) Panchea

8 unique locations including tutorial level

Compare this to Mankind Divided:

1) Dubai tutorial mission
2) Prague part 1
3) Bombed train station (short, small mission)
4) Golem City
5) Prague (Marshall Law)
6) Swiss Alps
7) Prague part 3
8) London

5 unique locations including tutorial level

Now it's not that different in scope, but MD just feels like a much smaller story and I wish we got to explore more of the world. It felt like it needed another hub at the very least.

Can someone explain the hate for this game? I had fun with it. Ran good, looked good, played good. Literally cannot understand the hate.

some people got asshurt about "aug lives matter" because it was a reference to "black lives matter." Others were upset because of the pre-order bonuses and whatnot. Others were upset about the story being too short. That's basically it.

Others, like me were upset that they spent time and resources on shit like breach isntead of properly fleshing out the main story. It's still a fantastic game, and the story is still great but it once again feels like they meant for the game to be much larger but had to scale back their work due to time and budget constraints due to square enix meddling.

It had preorder bullshit. It also had a movement run by the illuminati called Aug Lives Matter that got /pol/ pretty upset. It being Denuvo locked, none of the detractors played the game.

>Not enough hubs / locations to explore. Prague is nice but there needed to be a second hub
There didn't "need" to be. It would have been nice, but Prague alone is fucking packed. It makes the game as long as HR even with the story being shorter.
>Golem City was fucking awesome, it SHOULD have been a second hub, I wanted to explore so much more of it.
Not much of a negative, is it?
>Breach
>Pre-order shit
Doesn't really affect the quality of the main game too much, but yeah, that was some bullshit. Blame SE.

everything

Attached: 1549230160004.jpg (640x558, 59K)

The graphics.

compared to HR?

nothing

not much really. leveldesign was on point in calm locations, i mean stuff like separate gates in metro for humans and augs. story was obviously cut in the middle before it started unfolding

>What went wrong?
piss filter
>implying developers pissing on players eyes

I'm actually playing HR for the second time right now. If I had to pick a major weak point would be the map/world. It doesn't feel very alive and there isn't much to do, and barely anyone to speak with. It's quite boring going from point A to point B. Also Shangai looks overall very samey.
Does MD improve on this?

>Does MD improve on this?
Massively.

Stealth in original was shit though

that play style shit is raw autism, i built for full retard style combat with maxed hacking and i did fine. game got a bit harder when i have to fight those terrorist guys with the same armor as me and those big mech security suits were tough to fight but i unga'd most of the game shottying people, hell i killed every guard in prague and piled up their body in the middle of the town for laughs

Is this actually a negative post? To me it sound like you thought it was at times as good as DX1 while being mechanically up to date, and just that overall it ended up being not really as good.

MD has way more to do in its overworld.
The only problem is that the game is much shorter. If you complete all the sidequests it's about the same length as HR but without them it's about half as long.

That's not even a problem. HR with all sidequests is as long as MD with all sidequests, and MD's sidequests are better. It's like complaining that an open world RPG game can be beaten quickly.

>What went right?
the side quests. everything else was wrong.

>RPG game
I retard.

Weren't enough legit enemy types that I could open up on. Didn't want to kill the augs or the cops.

Prague was nice. Atmosphere in HR and MD were both kino and good.

not much

bob page and his bunch of misfits

probably because he was a different character

i feel adam in MD has too much time thinking about his actions. i prefer to play as a sarif lackey and unknowingly being used by various groups and ppl like the juggernauyt

>What went right?
absolutely nothing. after hr squenix was going to go full retard, yearly turd with deus ex. thankfully md didn't do so well and squenix hit the brakes on that crazy train before the series was totally destroyed.

Unless the memories implanted on top of the old ones affected him this much, that's not the reason.

Game was fine, it just ended where the fucking first act should have.

Level Design is probably the best in the series. This is overshadowed by an underwhelming plot for most people, but I myself took my sweet time doing everything I could do and really explore Prague. I had a clean dozen hours dedicated to just the HUB doing stuff and ignoring main missions when I first got there.

I'm impressed how they were able to almost completely eclipse Human Revolution in everything but plot. I hope we see a sequel.

As soon as you realize that you can render your enemies unconcious with a single hit with the baton, the stealth becomes decent.

unfinished game got what it deserve.

the Devs wanted to sell you the other part of the game for full $60.

the DLC was just side stories nothing

i like the part that it took them so long to make Mankind Divide and they couldn't finish it. nothing from it stands out different from HR.

Well if you'd ask Warren Spector, he'd say that Mankind Divided better fits his idea for Deus Ex because instead of having multiple hub areas with sparse content there's one that is chock full.

prague was good

i liked the machine god stuff

side quests were great

Prague, people say the game is short but you can actually find a lot of stuff to do in Prague. Story ends right when Jensen starts to find out interesting shit. Expansions shouldve been part of the game except for the prison one. The implications of the end of the prison DLC plot are very interesting, gameplay is meh.

>I'm impressed how they were able to almost completely eclipse Human Revolution in everything but plot.
When you look at these two games, HR has a simple story that is told to the player by the unavoidable main story cutscenes and conversations, and MD has a complex story built in the background of something that is deliberately meant to look simple if you don't dig deeper.

Warren Spector said that if something's cool, let the player do it. I am sure he was referring to the cinematic takedowns animations.

>weak chinese artist grads college
>gets hired out of college because cheap as fuck student on contract
>doesn't know how to use specular maps
>characters looks like they're dunked in vaseline

Your sarcasm doesn't work because it contradicts itself. Spector is from the Looking Glass school of design so pre-animating basic game mechanics and "letting the player do something" are mutually exclusive.

But at least they god good design students and the ceilings look extremely fancy.

>What went right?
Well, it wasn't THAT bad but overall the game is just under-developed, too bad they can't make their own Deus Ex without squenix like Hitman devs.
I enjoyed exploring Prague but that's not enough for a Deus Ex game. Those games rely on a good plot, characters, memorable moments and all of that is non-existent in MD.
Main hohol-villan is lacking any charisma, he's like a mid-game boss that you kill and move on without even remembering him. However that's where the game abruptly ends.

It's painfully obvious that we've seen like 1/3 of the entire game and it sucks.

Attached: 1365860169970.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

the capsule decor in prague was pretty cool and the one in the bank vault too. they clearly have some nice art inspiration there, cant say the same for HR

Bob Page

Bobbed and bobpilled.

Attached: smug.png (453x241, 122K)

the TV screen ending was really bad but everything else was nicely done. Maybe the only problem I had performance wise was a stutter that'd occur when you went from one section of town to another.

The DX:MD dlc missions were WAY better than the main side quests, and should have been included in the main game

Attached: 1552356585238.png (640x480, 283K)

The preorder one sucked.

I got the game used and for some reason the preorder DLC code wasn't activated. Managed to play it because of that - are the others all so fucking short?

Gameplay, side quests and level design

>the publisher wanted to sell you the other parts of the game for full 60$

System Rift is longer and way better, ACP is like 6 hours.

Oh yeah yeah

go fuck yourself zoomer

The preorder one was just a regular mission cut out, like the Tracer Tong mission in HR

Prague hubworld was okay, at least in terms of vibe and atmosphere

dividing it into multiple sections with shitty loading screens however, was not

>og DE
>global plague to thin human population to more manageable sizes while selectively offering a cure to ingratiate a core group

>de:IW
>several groups vying for control of network to have control over the future evolution of mankind

>de:hr
>reign in augmentation via military action, information control, and medical scarcity, while exploiting vulnerabilities inherent in the new tech

>de:md
>get augs to bomb stuff so the UN doesn't approve some legislation
It was a bit thin.

Gameplay was fun and the girls look somewhat cuter thanks to better lighting and materials.

Attached: delara_auzenne_by_egorspaiker-dbjpfxj.jpg (1191x670, 88K)