twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can't believe he's still alive.

name 3 games that do this

Super Mario Bros 1/2/3

Not for long

Attached: pyrolaugh.png (404x673, 211K)

>Yea Forums used to be good

Attached: old v.jpg (1024x768, 234K)

Yea Forums is still not about video games.

>longcats dad got married
>you are still a virgin

Have sex

delete this

for me, it's tacgnol

They really were simpler times

I wish the internet was still like this.

Well in our defense we were all like 15 back then.

>/l/
>/sm/

Attached: 2578356584563295.jpg (447x599, 40K)

>namefags everywhere
>everyone still posted "memes" (regurgitating whatever popular trend or thread topic)
>INTERNETZ XDD

it was a better time to live but old Yea Forums was just as shitty, just less quantity.

>windows xp
>taskbar on top
>winamp playing eva music
>msn messenger
>fucking aol

Damn.

What would the replies be like today?
>cringe
>based
>a thread died for this

>Winamp
>MSN Messenger
>Early Firefox
AAHHH
TAKE ME BACK TO 2005 CITY WHERE THE GRASS IS GREEN AND THE GIRLS ARE PRETTY OH WON'T YOU PLEASE TAKE ME BA~ACK

We live in a world saturated with memes. I was raised in that world, molded by it.

Imagine being nostalgic for fucking Yea Forums of all things. I'm almost 29 I really need to move on already.

have you ever been to reddit?
they have forums dedicated to SPECIFIC video games. forums dedicated to video games

it still isn't video games.

it turns out there isn't shit to talk about with video games. you end up just bitching about the game. posting pictures from the game and that really isn't video games when you think about it.

all media discussion is inherently worthless

>/l/
F

Attached: 253443305.jpg (1280x720, 195K)

soul vs. souless

ffx ps2 vs hd

>taskbar at the top
Hell yeah
Also god, browser plugins and shit takes me back.

Carlos, is that you?

Nothing of value was lost.

I want to go back.

Newfag here. Did you Oldfags suffer from these retarded political threads every single day? Because if you didn't this is automatically a billion times better than what we have today.

Attached: 3523252232.jpg (500x256, 14K)

Why can't we go back?

We did but it’s more fedora lefty shit to be honest

>tfw have a 22 year old cat
my whole family is amazed she is still alive, literally had her my whole life.
will be sad as all fuck when she goes, but she is still looking healthy and active as fuck so hopefully she lasts a good while longer

No, mostly because the people weren't as butthurt over Obama as they are over Trump now, and no one took the internet as serious back then.
But now, with social media basically conjoining real life and internet, It's like the 2016 elections simultaneously mindbroke millions of retards here and they started rising up unironically.

Oh how I miss the old days

That cat is secretly stealing years from you bro...

check the post times in that old pic from 2005. there wasnt much discussion it was more like correspondence.

The retarded political threads didn't start until the election, at least the way they are now. Those are literal Redditors because /pol/ thought it would be a good idea to try to colonize the_donald and got a backwash of underages and retarded boomers from it that infected much of the rest of the site.
t. 2014 newfag

Attached: dwi.jpg (500x284, 30K)

The issue with discussing video games compared to other forms of media is that the way games are released and structured, there is basically no good point to talk about a game. With TV shows and anime the week between episodes serves as a point to discuss the past and future, and movies are just short enough that you can have a lot to talk about the minutia while still covering the film's entire length. With games you either have hours upon hours of video game that usually boils down to a similar gameplay loop, giving you both too much and not enough to talk about. The only real time to talk about a game is between starting and finishing it, and at that point, why not just play the game instead of discussing it?

>/sm/
I want to go back

Attached: 2SIH.gif (480x366, 1.95M)

The cat actually died a while back in 2018. Her name was Michiko IIRC.

You'll be here in your 50's and beyond, if glowniggers and screeching trannies haven't shut it down by then.

I found this
youtube.com/watch?v=p_Tgwdh1W-Q

More like t. retarderan.

Rest in peace, Michi-chan.

Yea Forums may still have been shit back then but at least there weren't nearly as many console wars and kids complaining about people liking old games.

this is like a punch in the gut and i feel really sad now

Religion/Atheism was discussed a fair bit
Political discussions weren't that common as far as I remember, aside from the basic notes of bush dumb, cheney evil, oil war making rich men richer

>not aol
filthy casul

Wow, hilarious

Retardera didn't even exist until last year, although I guess every year you've lived in could be considered a retardera if I wanted to be pedantic

Is this historical revisionism? I thought all oldies yeet'd back to their IRC shitholes or SomethingAwful(imagine PAYING for yuor chatrooms LMAOOOOO).

My dude those conversations took place in 2002 and not on Yea Forums.

>If you don't like /pol/ you're Retardera hurr durr
The fucking state of this board, Jesus.

Time slipping through my fingers like sand

Cringe

Yea Forums was wagglan vs halokids vs nogaems right from the get go bro

Yeah, but not on Yea Forums. Everyone made Bush jokes though.

I still use Winamp

You have to go back

>tripfags
>meme recycling
>le epik 9000 Internetz XDDD
No wonder Yea Forums 'oldfags' have such a hateboner for R*ddit. You faggots are so deep into the closet, you're about to find Narnia.

Attached: 1553711575768.png (486x494, 92K)

I want to go back

Attached: 1553036317981.png (720x405, 377K)

>Before all the tranny shit
>Before all the politcal bullshit
>Before the internet was literally infected by normies
>Before mega-corporations were spending 100's of millions on trying to advertise and datamine people.
youtube.com/watch?v=kPz21cDK7dg

At this point I don't even want to go back, I just want to fucking die and not have to deal with the degradation of the internet and watching the most influential and beloved thing in my life turn into yet another corporate shithole designed to do nothing but feed me bullshit and spend money.

Attached: 1553019072776.jpg (500x360, 151K)

it is said that every dog has it's day

youtu.be/OyTPAN7uvoU
Do this bring you back, Yea Forums? Does this bring anyone back? Fuck. I always laughed about getting old, but now that it's actually happening I'm scared.

Attached: 1409707691779.png (318x334, 212K)

What happens when you die Yea Forums?

Attached: 1537759680402.jpg (567x654, 46K)

It wasn't nearly as bad as it is today.

Doge was a fucking annoying tumblr meme and only became funny recently because of the new absurdist take on it. She's a good puppy though.

It was the same, only back then you didn't have hordes of post-Fappening migrants running around screaming about le /pole/ boogeyman.

Attached: v 2006 edition.png (1422x854, 48K)

we go to cat heaven

Attached: 145546878454.jpg (634x457, 52K)

Attached: vincent.png (1280x687, 469K)

Attached: 1524475129360.jpg (868x331, 41K)

>counting Yea Forums as the most influential thing in your life
>eulogizing it with NIN

It's a marvel you've not strangled yourself already

How many years between each photo?

Containment boards if nothing else

We get forever sleepies and good nummies from sky dabbeh

>still called "chan" and not like a chinese ripoff of a perfume brand
>some of those boards
>msn messenger was a thing
>end of evangelion
>2005 was 14 years ago and 3 year old babies of then are now teenagers posting here

I feel too old for this shit

Attached: the state of 4chan 2007 edition.png (974x202, 18K)

Yea Forums had /new/ back then, which some argue was way more extreme than /pol/. The difference was it wasn't really as cross-boarded as it is now, but then again the internet was less political, there were less Comics, television shows and videogames being turned into posturing devices.

Attached: 1538951186195.jpg (944x1724, 439K)

you end up back in the void and either stay there or get reincarnated

most people buy some designer cats that wont survive past 10
meanwhile mutt tier cats live on

i dont know kitty, but i hope its nice.

>muh reincarnation
literally validates the NPC meme

a redditor before reddit

>8:18 comes after 15:23
>same date
What am I doing wrong here

Yea Forums wasn't the influential thing.
I was talking about the internet as a whole.

>It's a marvel you've not strangled yourself already
I've already attempted suicide thrice so it's not a Marvel but that's more related to the fact that my parents aren't very good people and my life in general is a horrible comedy that lasted way too long and for some reason keeps getting new seasons.

Attached: Double Doubt.jpg (261x196, 12K)

>believes in heaven/hell
>calls others NPC

Attached: 1550430305702.jpg (216x225, 13K)

I smell cat

Attached: 1553285852782.jpg (750x747, 68K)

I don't care if he's right, saucebabies can burn in hell.

yeah
my cat is also a tamed feral as well, when my parents first got her she was just a Feral kitten they found in the woods

Why am I searching and when will I know?
Are the years that I've waited with nothing to show?
Tiiiime waaaaits for nooooo oooone

>normies
>not normalfags
>NIN
might as well kill yourself

You wake up again and go back to your normal daily routine and come to Yea Forums again, but in the back of your mind is this nagging feeling that something isn't right about this, and it never goes away while each new day is exactly like the last, nothing new or interesting, just browsing the same shitposts and trolling you see on this site every day, day after day for eternity.

>my life in general is a horrible comedy that lasted way too long and for some reason keeps getting new seasons.

A vast majority of your problems probably originate from the fact that you expect life experiences to be organized and compressed like shitty entertainment.

Janny is a fucking disgrace. Eat my nuts janny

Its amazing really if not sad.
My brother keeps getting these fancy expensive cats from breeders, and they live for a few years then eventually they get sick or something, like last one had chronic bladder infections and was in pain, meanwhile the fat tabby our mom saved from a dumpster in a back alley is going fine.

You die.

Attached: 1551484430817.jpg (640x480, 131K)

>Obama
Oh you sweet newfag.

Attached: 1553451775780.webm (900x506, 2.57M)

>people have been believing about concepts of heaven / hell since before the fucking antiquity
>"why yes, I'm a modern western faggot spending all his time in front of a screen, of course I know better than thousands of generations of people, I'm obviously more intelligent than all of them, look at how I can navigate those wikipedia links, science wins baybay"

Attached: 1433459480673.gif (312x250, 1.9M)

hows life treating you bud?

>all that shit already mentioned
>fucking frames
>BBS Boards
God damn what a nostalgia trip

Oh there's certainly some organization to it and it involves me doing something stupid that makes no sense in hindsight and making me look and feel retarded.

repeat that ad infinitum.

Attached: 4chan.webm (1280x720, 1.6M)

and buddhist philosophy has been around almost just as long, your point?

pretty well at the moment, how about you?

>old Yea Forums
>old firefox
>msn
>eva
Look at all that soul. It's just not the same these days.

I unironically killed many people via information.
will I be going to hell?

Attached: 42136.jpg (710x1001, 84K)

>I'm a modern western faggot spending all his time in front of a screen, of course I know better than thousands of generations of people
This but unironically. My screen can bestow me with the knowledge those lesser generations left me. Eat shit boomer

Attached: 1551764693107.png (375x385, 8K)

Buying inbred animals is totally retarded. Mutt breeds are superior in every way except aesthetics and you can get on par with pure breeds by just breeding the right pair of cat/dog breeds

oldest cat was like 45
those shits live long ass lives while dogs get royally fkd

user, I...

Man I miss operation reNigger. Now we're basically forced to educate google cars.

buddhism also has heaven and hell though, if you have bad karma you reincarnate into the shittiest planes of the universe

I remember Yea Forums having Thompson threads, but this was really rare and more about laughing at his stupidity.

How fucking old is long cat now? We're talking 15 years.

better than you. I have blessings coming in.

Attached: 1552729250930.jpg (2080x1544, 692K)

you can see its age on it

Not even the same cat

24 years old. I dont know what I'm gonna do when hes gonna die.

I'll marry probably.

Hichucka

>muh [x] ruined Yea Forums
Same shit, different year.
Some things just never change, don't they?

Attached: 4chan 2005 edition.jpg (811x501, 102K)

You go to either Heaven or Hell and any other response is bluepilled cope with this fact of existence every human knows in their soul.

no shit nigger, however it's not called heaven and hell nor is it the same concept specifically as the christian version of hell is one of fiery damnation for eternity, not being reincarnated into something shitty for being an asshole in your previous life.

>Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.
Samuel 2:3

>a fucking cat lived longer than actual people I knew
really makes me think
for real though it really made me think

Attached: 1448100203633.jpg (600x449, 211K)

Buddhism is about as different from Christianity as it gets. Also there is no hell in Christianity and Heaven and Nirvana are very different concepts.

my fellow negro

Attached: 1524309979743.jpg (1920x1080, 292K)

>retarded mud hut dwelling tribals believed in this thing, so it must be true
Or it could be that it's a comforting delusion to ease the existential horror of the concept of death for a sapient organism

>religion fags and fedora cucks invade the nostalgia thread
Can't you fags argue on /x/ or something?

I've been here since May of 2004. Ask me whatever i guess

Attached: 1549217894678.jpg (1241x1241, 119K)

Not even close, I started here in late 2006 in fucking Yea Forums out of all places because of course it was Yea Forums, gradually moved in here in late 2008/early 2009 and besides the many racist threads on Yea Forums (which were more like being racist 'for the lulz' instead of the obvious political pressure of /pol/ that shits on low iq boards like these), there was way, way less political shit in here, like, not a single point of comparison, even Yea Forums was notoriously more racist than Yea Forums back then, and I used to visit both boards equally back in the day.

Attached: 1553591418824.jpg (1024x683, 41K)

No. I was unironically a /new/sman and a /pol/ack for most of my time on the site. The most you saw outside of /pol/ was doompaul shit and even then, it was never posted seriously and in context. It was always used as a reaction to something, e.g. "You could have stopped this" in reaction to DmC by Tameem. The unironic political shit was caused by the 2016 elections when leftist political groups realized Yea Forums actually had an effect on the election. Thus, they made it their retarded duty to shit up every board with their fucking nonsense.

t. 2009 oldfag

we just had a nostalgia thread an hour ago

GAAAAAY

How old are you?

Actually skulking around other Internet gathering places makes me realize how much I miss the old days.
Everyone was crazy back then, but they were a fun kind of crazy. Fucking Tumblr does shit today that makes Yea Forums look normal.

Attached: 1444776926973.jpg (184x184, 7K)

Well he outlived another famous cat
So long based piano feline
youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ

you're going to enjoy this 23

Moot used to be so based.

Attached: 1553637963922.png (539x540, 451K)

Attached: you.png (1308x846, 368K)

does anyone in this day and age know what HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA is

looks better than me, I turned 33 last Monday

>mfw remembering posting Yea Forums pics in mIRC and getting people hooked
can't believe I used to shill for free

Attached: 1550905726095.jpg (250x250, 6K)