Older anons of Yea Forums, how have your gaming habits changed with age...

Older anons of Yea Forums, how have your gaming habits changed with age? I'm 30 and I've basically quit caring about what's popular or critically acclaimed and only play games that look fun. I've also learned to strike a balance between casual and harder games to avoid burnout. What about you guys?

Attached: 1548805098981.gif (280x280, 1.37M)

nothings changed, im the same loser i've always been

32, don't care about video games anymore, just here to shitpost. Send most of my free time play mobage casually to pass the time while at work

Do you play gacha games or others? Gachas can't hold my attention, but I love puzzle games. Recently beat Lara Croft Go and Monument Valley.

I am only 24 and I have had that same mindset for the past six years or so. I have found much more enjoyment in indie and old niche games than I ever have with critically acclaimed games.

I'm 30 and still mostly play contemporary AAA titles and am able to enjoy them like I always have. I've always been like this and I hate how everyone else my age seems to get stuck in the past

I play games more now than before... but I also take longer breaks in between.

Play some gatcha but not addicted to it, do some daily quest shit and done. Spend most my time playing battleship and chess.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-29-09-57-56-372_com.mi.android.globallauncher.png (1080x2246, 474K)

Is the gameplay in Honkai as fun as everyone says it is?

30 now, still play but am not as enthusiastic as I was in my teens. Haven't played any AAA shit lately... can photorealistic character models finally climb stairs?

This was a hell of along time ago now, but I noticed that I really started gravitating more toward light-hearted stuff after I graduated high school and started working. That need for my hobby to be "mature" or "cool" just kinda evaporated. Comparable to that C.S. Lewis quote about fairy tales. Even before that, I've really never given a single damn about "keeping up" or anything.

I avoid multiplayer entirely because I no longer have friends who play and I derive more satisfaction from going through a game as it's designed than I do from fighting random opponents over and over.
I've realized that I value sound design and soundtrack far more than graphics, and so I always pay special attention to those when looking for a new game.
Obviously, I play a lot fewer games than I did as a kid/teen.

Its flashy like DMC despite using only 2 buttons but I'm too jaded to care or even finish the game. Its feel very repetitive and I can't mustered any will to power through it

Mainly I don't play any long games like rpgs where you want to sit for several hours at least to make any progress. I just don't have the time. Almost my entire backlog is rpgs that I started but a couple weeks later I was only a short way in and dropped it through boredom.

Not sure if 27 counts as old, but I've become somewhat picky. I still love FPS games and immersive, atmospheric games. I also like indie games that are either highly replayable or have a shortish story that don't take too long to finish.
I'll usually drop anything that slightly resembles a job instead of a game. I couldn't even finish WoW's trial.

Some of my all-time favorites are Counter-Strike, STALKER, Tekken, Witcher 3 and Isaac Rebirth. I'm currently playing Darkwood and Divinity OS on explorer. Really enjoying both. Darkwood's atmosphere is astounding even if I'm not usually into survival games.

i know what i like and sp i just play what i like
almost 32

fpbp,i feel that i'll be like this in the next 20 years and then give up on vidya all together

Just turned 30. I play PS4 and PC mainly. Bounce between games to avoid burnout. Right now it's Kingmaker and Cities Skylines on PC. Apex, KH3, and Modern Warfare remaster (thank you PS+) on PS4.

31 and play a wide range of shit. New AAA, old stuff, niche stuff. If it interests me i'll play it. However, i do prefer single player games. Currently playing Sekiro and have a Craver game going in ES2. Looking forward to Iceborne.

I stopped playing fighting games entirely once the arthritis kicked in and I've become complete shit at any console game involving two stick controls, probably because I've long since preferred playing such games with keyboard and mouse during the Vista era.

I don't pirate games anymore, I know what I'll like generally and only spend my money when necessary. I just latch on to a few select games and play the shit out of them, mostly challenging games because I find them more engaging. I prefer games I can play kinda quickly rather than be immersed in over a long period so stuff like fighting games, Resident Evil and Sekiro have been great.

Attached: 883710_20190304104348_1.png (1920x1080, 1.98M)

OP here; I've been having a blast with RE2. Like you said, it's relatively short, but it has a nice amount of replayability.

I can't remember the last time I squeezed 114 hours out of a game that wasn't a fighter. It's been fucking awesome.

Mostly play fighting games and arcade-ish stuff on my own since I have a lot less time to spare.
Online games just with friends and stress free, shit like LoL ARAMs or Dota bot matches.
I tend to avoid RPGs or heavy time consuming games now.

I mostly play games without political agendas and only get really excited about certain games that i know i am really going to like.

I'm 29. I stopped spending so much time playing games so I could pursue other hobbies and I focus on playing games that are very well designed or at least interesting. I very rarely play "casual" games.

Playing Caesar 3 now. Bought Ace Combat 7 on release day but have yet to take it out of the packaging. Probably won't bother to do so for a few more months.

>play mobage casually to pass the time
The normalfags at my work say this constantly and in reality they are all paypigs that spend hours playing retarded phone "games."

Attached: 1552181577522.jpg (605x604, 40K)