Why do you guys hate Ridge Racer so much?

Why do you guys hate Ridge Racer so much?

Attached: ridgeracerrevolution.jpg (1024x768, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A437zrtrunQ
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/OutRun_2006:_Coast_2_Coast
youtube.com/watchv=idfJVOO1G_M
youtube.com/watch?v=idfJVOO1G_M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't. Unfortunately the trash fire that was RR Unbounded killed the franchise, but I would give anything to get a R4 remake.
youtube.com/watch?v=A437zrtrunQ

It was pretty good at the time, I loved it. But when you had games like Burnout 3, Split/Second etc that did everything except possibly music better it was difficult to appreciate RR because it's so simplistic. Now we don't get either, what a wonderful timeline.

Anyone else really enjoy the Bugbear RR?

Attached: a68.jpg (695x572, 100K)

>R4 remake
Why?
Just download PPSSPP and Ridge Racer 2. It has literally every track and car from R4, runs at 60fps and you can upscale the game to insane resolutions.

ITS RIDGE RACER!

You're lying to yourself. It was already dead, unbounded was a hail Mary to try and make it a different game and see if that would work.

We do?

There's your answer, it's not hate. People just can't resist quoting that for some reason.

ive literally never been able to win a race in this trash and I drag race irl
fuck these shitty games

Attached: angerey.jpg (400x370, 41K)

oh dear

>"Why would you like a modern remake of the best Ridge Racer game if you can have this emulated PSP game, bro?"
Are you retarded?

>He doesn't know about based racer 2

SAY IT WITH ME

R

>tfw jerking off to nagase as a kid
take me back bros

Attached: reikonagase.jpg (750x563, 56K)

that crowd was so retarded that shit still pisses me off even 15 years later.
I was in absolute awe in 2004 when sony announced a handheld THAT CAN PLAY FULL FUCKING CONSOLE GAMES. IN 2004.
And not a single peep out of those faggots watching it happen.

woo

I rekt niggers with my dodge dart every weekend
got a problem?

>a handheld THAT CAN PLAY FULL FUCKING CONSOLE GAMES
People wanted to see it play shit like God of War, Jak, R&C, or literally ANY exciting Sony franchise the PS2 was known for. If you're gonna show a racing game off at a conference advertising your next-gen console, make it a fucking Twisted Metal game. Ridge Racer is what you show on the demo units by your booth, not during a giant reveal

Not really hate, it just became a meme when it was one of the launch titles for the PS3 and nobody gave a shit about the Ridge Racer series in general.

I only play the newer games, although I want to try Ridge Type 4.

can you at least show us your car with a timestamp?

Outrun 2006 is the only arcade racer I'll ever need

Kei > Reiko

Attached: Kei_Nagase.jpg (512x256, 23K)

Are you ready for the comeback?

Attached: AC7_Ridge_Racer_Terrazi_Gaia.jpg (1920x1080, 142K)

This. Love this game.

They're fucking retarded then
Just the thought of something the size of my GBA playing full console games like Spyro and MGS made me start shoveling driveways to save money for a PSP.
Fucking soulless monkeys

ITS RIDGE RACER!

RIIIIIIIDGE RACER

>Twisted Metal
This was always garbage. White people played CTR, RR4, gran turismo 2, and then going to the arcade for some Daytona USA and Sega Rally action.
retarded mexicans and blacks played le put the gun on le ice cream truck with le creepy clown

I don't, RR6/7/PSP are stylish as fuck and have great mechanics. If I have any complaint it's that the games do play same-ish. I wouldn't mind a new RR8 that is like those games on PC though.

Indeed

As someone who put probably 2000 hours into OR2 spread out over PS2, PC and PSP it gets too easy after a while.
Downshift drifts are easy as fuck to control and even the enzo stops being hard to use once you start taking proper lines.
Timeless game though and I still put an extra hundred hours into the PC and PSP versions (on my vita) every year.
PC becomes the definitive version (though sadly lacking the Daytona 2 track) with this
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/OutRun_2006:_Coast_2_Coast
How can they possibly top pic related?

Attached: rrpsp.jpg (2000x1622, 2.7M)

twisted metal is some fun stuff
gran turismo 2 is the shit, anyone playing rn?
just won my first few races with my B license

Are we finally having a successful Ridge Racer thread?

maybe

You don't have to hate Unbounded. I thought it was fine but it's not a Ridge Racer game.

>RR7 was 1080p 60fps IN FUCKING 2006
>PSP RR was 60 FPS on a handheld IN 200fucking4, RR2 had almost every single track and car in the series available on disk
fast forward to our current dark times
>No console ridge racer since 7
>RR3D looks worse than PSP, runs at 30 fps with drops, less content than RR PSP 1
>RR vita looks good but runs at 30 fps with drops unless you overclock, and only had THREE (3) FUCKING TRACKS, EVEN IF YOU BUY ALL THE DLC ITS A TOTAL OF NINE (9) FUCKING TRACKS.
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THIS COMPANY?
IS THE PACHINKO MONEY THIS GOOD?

Attached: reikonagase_.jpg (672x378, 86K)

They clearly wanted to do more with RR Vita but the extreme backlash caused them to shy away from the game.

They should be ashamed but I should be more ashamed for buying so long after the fact.

For a while I thought they released a RR on new consoles early to code the engine for it. They could recycle tracks and mechanics and just focus on the technical stuff. Wish they kept doing that.

I love Ridge Racer. Ridge Racer 2 on PSP was probably the peak. I hate all this wacky drive backwards nitrous shit in RR7 though the main game was fun as hell.

I remember there was a leak and Ridge Racer 8 was listed as a Switch exclusive. Everything else was real, no Ridge Racer 8.

Remember the moment when it died bros...
PSX - Ridge Racer
PS2 - Ridge Racer V
PSP - Ridge Racer
PS3 - Ridge Racer 7
PSVita - Ridge Racer
PS4 - Driveclub**

The only problem I have with Ridge Racer 3D is the excessive slowdown.

I pirated it because fuck them for not caring.
What the fuck were they thinking launching a full priced game with entirely recycled content?
Why didn't they make a multiplatform AC collection with a vita version like konami did with MGS?
You could have been able to play every single ridge racer track in the series (you still can on the vita with RR2 though) with console quality visuals and a stick you can actually drive with.

You could have been able to play AC 1,2,3,4,5,0 on a single comfy handheld that actually had enough buttons to make the game enjoyable.
And don't give me the typical bamconigger excuses
>le licences for the plane models
only the frechnigger and mutt companies care to be paid, and even then they're not fucking ferrari and licencing planes models is not expensive
>the handhelds cant support it!
Yes they can. AC X on psp runs an almost stock version of the PS2 engines. They even got it to work decently well for the 3DS in cross rumble
It's a downgrade in every possible way compared to a game that came out 5+ years before it.
They're all just fucking lazy chinks, bamco, capcom, konami the fucking lot.
Literally the only reason why they got off their asses with shit like DMCV is because of pachinko regulation.

Even then konami is just gonna be selling shitty rom collections now and the fucking second capcom sees another way to make money other than gamedev they'll take it.
Snoy stopped giving a fuck about the vita the instant their gatchashit empire started raking in free millions from literal soulless retards that pay money for the CHANCE to see a "rare" picture on their phones.

Don't even get me fucking started on tales niggers, both bamco and the "community"
yes I'm mad
You'll never see games like pic related or RR7/PSP ever again.

Attached: Outrun_2006_-_Cover.png (503x640, 398K)

You're ruining the Ridge Racer thread.

seething at namco is an integral part of the Ridge Racer experience.
Fine then, claim your carfu

Attached: RRDRSPPromessa.jpg (1334x750, 236K)

Soldat Meltfire

Also I never really got how this is a Kamata Fiera. It's very different.

Maybe a '93 Fiera.

Attached: 92BEAF959A24BEF1848E57C2CD5E5869CF8AFA14[1].gif (800x600, 2.65M)

I used to play the hell out of that game.

>tfw punching the gas at max speed into a corner and counter-steering perfectly out of the drift
not a single other driving feels that good
based ridge racer

Attached: reikonagase.png (2134x3165, 3.08M)

It's a little too easy, if you ask me.

It's one of the most shallow games ever conceived and there are like 10+ versions of it. It's all style and no substance.

Ridge Racer gameplay is basically BitTrip Runner except instead of jumping and sliding you just drift. It's that simplistic.

depends on the class of car and type.
Class 6 dynamic cars are out of fucking control when you start out with them.
People also forget that some of the games had a hard mode. I know the based psp games have it

I'm going to stop playing Ridge Racers 2 when I beat the EX Tours.

RIDGE RACERRRR
HE'S THE ONE FOR MEEEE

"just one more race"
>he said at 4am

Does PPSSPP support netplay?
We should have a Yea Forums cup.
I think the only way to play outrun online now is also the PSP version

Every inch of Ridge Racer games are a treat for the eyes/ears.

youtube.com/watchv=idfJVOO1G_M

>Ridge Racer V is almost 20 years old.

youtube.com/watch?v=idfJVOO1G_M

Woops

Heh, where the DAYTONNNAAAAAAAA chads at?

Attached: dayonta2.jpg (1280x720, 251K)

>2
nice
>FEEL THAT HEARTBEAT OF MY MACHINE

I was playing the new Daytona a few hours ago actually.

I cant get the hang of it. I think you just need to break really early before you can throw it into a slide. Paddle shifter doesnt help. The DLX model they have coming out has a real shifter, what the fuck.

The game looks like butt too. Paper trees, generic houses, doesnt scream "2018 premium arcade experience" but rather "store bought assets indie production".

After $12.00 ($1.50 a play) my opinion is negative. I am always open to changing it though.

You can just play it at home, bro.

it has fucked "physics"
who the fuck actually brakes in daytona?
It wasn't even made by AM2

Based

Attached: 1543523361699.jpg (1598x2260, 739K)

$599 USD AND HAS GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

Forgot to redownload outrun, oh well.
r8 the car folder bros

Attached: vitagames.jpg (960x7072, 898K)

Missing Gran Turismo 2, and that better not be the NA version of Electrosphere I'm seeing or I'm gonna have some harsh words for you.
Other than that, good selection.