I fucking told you guys it would be better than Bloodborne and Dark Souls...

I fucking told you guys it would be better than Bloodborne and Dark Souls, now that Fromsoftware has surpassed their old franchises what will be next?

Attached: Sekino.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FLDtiRjTD74
tweaktown.com/news/64279/software-working-two-unannounced-projects/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=YwP_kXyd-Rw
youtube.com/watch?v=AjdIw-6TcDI
gameinformer.com/video-feature/2019/01/15/exclusive-gameplay-and-details-on-creating-sekiro-shadows-die-twices
youtube.com/watch?v=JzmZOU5hVr8
youtu.be/9Ff8kWRJleU?t=200
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

eh it's alright

I am getting extremely bored on ng+ it just doesn't have replayablity that's my big gripe

My main issue is this. They said in an interview that this game was influenced by Tenchu, which is an IP they own.

Why the fuck didnt they just make Tenchu? Like Sekiro is and OK character but Rikimaru was actually interesting. He also always had cool ninja quotes.

Also Sekiro's outfit is fucking joke. It should be black/grey or something. Hopefully they add outfits at some stage.

Hopefully, a berserk game

Ok, so can someone explain to me extending revival ability to three? I got the item needed and talked to Kuro. The game said I extended my revives to 3. I die, I Rez, I die again, it’s over. What the fuck? What does extending your revives mean?

>why the duck didn’t they make tenchu

Because this is better

You have to kill a bunch of mooks or get a deathblow on a boss before you can use your second one.

>I fucking told you guys it would be better than Bloodborne and Dark Souls
You were wrong. It's better than Dark Souls 2. That's it. It's on par with DS1 and DS3, but it is nowhere close to Bloodborne.

Yeah Im not really talking about good or bad just design choice.

You build resurrection power and can get three. You don't have 3 all the time. That's why there's item that boost resurrection power.

Wrong. This is not a stealth game. It's an action game with stealth elements. When people say they want a Tenchu game they want a stealth game.

>it would be better than Bloodborne and Dark Souls
That doesn't take much.

Attached: Ryu Hayabusa.png (724x1000, 466K)

Great. This is better.

They need to respect the consumers who pay $60 and add an easier mode. It isn't fair to the less skilled gamers to only have an ultra hard mode.

>Also Sekiro's outfit is fucking joke. It should be black/grey or something. Hopefully they add outfits at some stage.

You fags who want to dress up dolls are the fucking worst.

K I N O

Attached: 20190328181356_1.jpg (1920x1080, 245K)

It's apples and oranges, retard. Repeating yourself doesn't make you right, it calls attention to the fact that you're just shitposting.

Ah I see. Thank you.

A fucking ninja does not wear orange while trying to blend. Basic fucking fact.

>cut through a man's neck
>he still talks
>his head doesn't fall off

Attached: 1451511042065.png (479x187, 4K)

I like Sekiro a lot, but for me Bloodborne is still their best game overall
If only got a PC port, the performance is so bad

So his fucking name is Sekiro? Not Wolf or nameless shinobi?

He asked why they didn’t just make a tenchu game. Well during development they decided they would rather make an action game with stealth elements. So there. That’s why they did it, and it’s better.

I'm on NG+4 and I'm definitely running out of steam
Been playing to see the endings, mainly. I might take a little break after I see the 'bad' ending next and do a NG+5 Kuro's talisman run

It's better than a strawman you've constructed because there's no game to compare it to you fucking retard.

Genuinely who cares

>he doesn't know

>giant apes with centipede parasites
>mystical headless monsters
>magical shinobi arts
>"dude wtf why isnt this realistic"

Attached: wizard.jpg (600x788, 68K)

I have no idea what you’re even trying to say. You wanted a different game. They didn’t make it for you. Now you’re mad.

no one tell him

It's not consistent, bro. If a man can still talk just fine after you cut his head off then he's not fucking dead.

Everyone else calls him Wolf. It's only Isshin Ashina that actually gives you the name Sekiro.

Cope

Fuck no I dont but from what your post implies I will.

This is Fromsoft at their very best.

Attached: divine_dragon.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

And the tall ass tengu

They are both video games. They are comparable, you fucking idiot.

yea it would've been better if he decapitates him desu imo

Nah Dark 1 and BB are better. I'd put it on par with Demons, though Demons was better in its hayday

And you're trying to say a game they did make is better than any other game they could have possibly made based on the Tenchu IP. You're trying to say this like it's some sort of fact when you're only spitting out your opinion based on your tastes in games. And your taste in games is shit.

He's trying to compare it to a game THAT DOESN'T EXIST. A new Tenchu game does not exist, and this retard is saying Sekiro is going to be better than any Tenchu game From would have made.

Be honest OP, you shitposted about how Ghosts of Tsunamis would be better or all that "ONLY 1.5 BOSSES" bullshit. You're just changing your tune because you either like it, or haven't found any other way to shitpost about it.

Attached: 1494554682084.jpg (780x785, 69K)

Hopefully they continue making either unique single player games like this or revive armroed core

Attached: yikes from me.jpg (1125x1674, 160K)

nigga thats isshin lmao

I hope you are joking, This boss was just Yhorm as a Dragon. Gimmick Trash

Can someone recommend me some true samurai kino? Probably my favorite or second favorite Fromsoft game.

Attached: 20190325012133_1.jpg (1920x1080, 165K)

no

youtube.com/watch?v=FLDtiRjTD74
this is from software at their very best

No. It’s saying stop asking for fucking sequels and enjoy a new IP. Shit the fuck up about tenchu already

God that fight is just a chore. 0 fucking challenge, it's just a gimmick spectacle "ooh look at the cool effects" fight. Made ever more like a chore by the useless horde of dragonlings you have to spam r1 at for two minutes before you get to the fight
Fun fact: I actually parried divine dragon until his stance meter filled up because I didn't realize that you're SUPPOSED to get up on the trees and blast him with lightning. I just thought the trees glowing meant they're dangerous and shouldn't be grappled to.

1.) I think the fact that the game has multiple endings is a detriment, I want to be able to fight every boss in a single run and I think it's horseshit that Hirata Estate Part2 is missable.

2.) Being forced to talk to Kuro multiple times to advance the plot is awkward. At most, I think you should only ever have to talk to him ONCE.

3.) Even as somebody who has gotten good and knows the game in and out, the camera and some hitboxes are complete dogshit at times and should be revised. This isn't Dark Souls 2 where you can just tank the bullshit, one bad camera jerk or one bad hitbox that hits you when you're clearly outside of the attack is enough to kill you.

4.) Despite the game opening up once you get to Ashina Castle, you have almost no incentive to actually explore. Going to Mibu Village early on is practically suicidal and there's next to nothing to gain from it. You can't do more than chip damage to Snake Eyes Shirahagi and Corrupted Monk early on and it's bullshit.

5.) Fuck Demon of Hatred. The boss constantly runs away from you which turns the fight into a slog, I want more opportunities to grapple back to Demon of Hatred to keep up the pressure. I've beaten Demon of Hatred, I know in and out how to beat him, but it's a long boring fight because that pussy ass bitch runs from you and once he makes distance you can't just chase him or else you'll take forced damage (fireballs to the face or firewhip)

Aside from that, I like the game. The combat system is really really good.

No it’s not

NIOH was pretty good
be prepared for a vastly different playstyle though

you are retarded

>useless horde of dragonlings you have to spam r1 at for two minutes before you get to the fight

Nigga... grapple on the tree and do a locked-on overhead deathblow on one of them and watch as you kill 20 of them at once. You'll shit bricks.

I was talking about anesthetics but since you brought up gimmick bosses, this was EASILY the best gimmick boss they've made, the second best is also in Sekiro and only then comes Storm King.

We know of two upcoming projects: an Armored Core game and "fromsoft-esque" game.
tweaktown.com/news/64279/software-working-two-unannounced-projects/index.html

Attached: Lady.Maria.of.the.Astral.Clocktower.full.2136660.jpg (1200x1000, 1.02M)

That's what I thought you retard. Back pedal until your original stupid ass claim evaporates. People are complaining because From put half assed stealth elements in Sekiro INSTEAD of making a fully fleshed out stealth game when they have one of the most iconic existing stealth game IPs to build with. You should acknowledge that people who like the stealth genre are disappointed with Sekiro. You should expect them to ask for a new Tenchu game when they want actual stealth gameplay. Don't sit there and tell people what they can or can't want, you prick.

new to video games or something?

Attached: ULTIMATE VENGENCE.png (1366x768, 1.29M)

>Tenchu
>Iconic
Literally never heard of it until a week ago

for people who aren't morons it took like 90 seconds

it literally is. Look at his hair and his voice.
Even later if you eavesdrop on him and emma you can hear him call you Sekiro. Emma refers to you as wolf.
Every time Isshin disappears from his chambers the Tengu can be met. After Isshin dies the Tengu disappears from the game.

that shit was literally more kino than Gael and Ludwig

Attached: 1535740715411.jpg (600x485, 25K)

Nah, it has absolutely nothing on Bloodborne or even Nioh for that matter.

What the fucj

I already did, also played all the DLC.
What the fuck is with people saying the setting is generic? I'm absolutely starved for samurai games and the only good one in the foreseeable future is Nioh 2 and a possible Sekiro DLC.
Unless Capcom decides to revive Onimusha as well.

Attached: 814380_20190328150151_1.jpg (1920x1080, 992K)

Crawl back into your fucking diaper, zoomer.

Attached: 1541447798081.jpg (800x1420, 223K)

But it's worse than both.

I got confused because I was standing on one of the trees deflecting his attacks when I got hit and lightning struck at the same time.
I thought it was just part of the challenge.

Ninjas didn't wear black gis and face masks either you stupid motherfucker.

>gimmick fight
Hola Reddit

Attached: Sekiro.webm (640x360, 2.39M)

>axe
for what purpose

I'm just saying that's it's definitely not iconic. At best it's a cult gem.

>I fucking told you guys it would be better than Bloodborne and Dark Souls
And you were fucking wrong. Nice thread.

>The combat system is really really good.
i'm really excited to see how they incorporate it moving forward, this game has the most satisfying combat i've ever played.

fA and LR hold special places in my heart.

i didn't know how the lightning deflect worked, i kept trying to deflect it but once i'd get hit i thought i was fucked so i'd give up. Finally realized you could shoot it back at him mid-air.

There’s probably more shades of orange and other warmer palettes in this game than blacks though

I know people bitch about Gimmick fights, but this and Monkeys were the best so far for From.
This especially comes after the hardest area in the game and right before the hardest fight in the game. It's perfect

>What the fuck is with people saying the setting is generic
zoomers need multi-colored deformed monsters and vibrant cartoonish settings to feel like they're in a unique setting, their brains are absolutely fried from too much estrogen much in the same way boomers consumed too much lead as children

It was the most influential 3D stealth game of all time because of its introduction to several stealth mechanics that are still staples of the genre today. Many young people don't know too much about it but it was still incredibly influential. It was overshadowed by Metal Gear Solid's popularity but Metal Gear as a series went in an entirely different narrative driven direction while Tenchu as a series stayed closer to a true stealth game.

ishin and tengu are the same person. besides all the little hints like name sekiro, or being ill arter getting his ass whopped, he literally has his armor hanging in his room (at least in the early game). the very first time you meet him he calls you sekiro after a long pause and the one who made up this name shortly before that is tengu. to which MC responds with a "you're....". It was obvious from the very first lines of ishin dialogues. Do you really need things spelled out to you?

my point is that it's not a chore and honestly I wish the boss was longer and the whole fountainhead area was much bigger

t. Someone who's first and only Souls game was 3

Quick question, how come I can’t pick the option to help Kuro when he asks me to help him out? The second option is the iron code

Influential does not mean Iconic.
Doom is iconic
SMB is iconic
Literally no one knows what the fuck Tenchu is, the closest thing people will think is Thief.

>some true samurai kino?
Ran from Akira Kurosawa

youtube.com/watch?v=YwP_kXyd-Rw

Your standards are not my standards. Tenchu is an iconic example of a stealth game. It's not limited to one game per genre. Your lack of awareness of the series should be prompting you to learn more instead of arrogantly trying to dictate what it is.

Miyasoyki said in an interview that Sekiro strayed too far from what a Tenchu game should be, so they decided to make it a completely new IP

It cuts his back, retard

At least he understands this. Tenchu fans would have been livid if this was what they got instead of a stealth game.

>Thief
The 2014 game? It was shit. Anything before that is just kusoge boomer material.

The fight is piss easy, but the visuals and music make it KINO desu, unlike bed of chaos and yhorm, which are actual trash

It's not about standards. I'm not saying it's a bad series, but rather that it's not Iconic. Not many people have heard of the series, it's not something that is talked about in forums or anything like that in the same way older games like the aforementioned are.

Dude, Isshin is adopting the ritualistic defeat / seppuku posture and allowing Sekiro to honor him with a swift death by beheading. In no universe would Sekiro cut his back.

i'm just happy they removed levels and the lite-rpg mechanics

fromsoft can't balance stats to save their fucking lives and condensing everything into a handful of hp/stam and damage upgrades was smart, it saves retards from making terrible builds and gimping their characters while simultaneously making min-max builds closer to what you'd get in a normal playthrough

>NG+5 Kuro's talisman run
>he didnt do a fresh game with Kuro and Demon Bell
Pleb

The first thing that happens when you meet Isshin is he calls you Sekiro and Sekiro responds "You're..."

He disappears and leaves a letter saying the Tengu will take care of the rats early on.

Emma bitches to him about his Tengu appearances.

You're a complete fucking retard. Same hair, height, build, voice... What more do you need?

bonafide fucking retard right here folks.

I'm still a bit upset that such a great premise for a new series of Tenchu games (an ACTUAL Shinobi disgraced by losing their master and having to reclaim them) was given to Sekiro. Still a decent action game though.

Wait, you can get Kuro's talisman in a fresh game? I might do that then

You clearly do not know much about the genre we're talking about. Tenchu is always mentioned when discussing the roots of the stealth genre. Always. You ADMIT that you didn't hear of the series until recently, so you obviously don't talk about this genre much. I'm explicitly telling you that you are ignorant about this topic and you are wrong. Tenchu is iconic to the genre. It's not niche. Most people who play games, and almost everyone who likes stealth games knows about Tenchu at the very least.

It's okay to not know about things you have little interest in, just don't go around acting like you know what the fuck you're talking about.

>Nobody knows what the fuck Tenchu is
>But they know what Thief is
Fuck off.

>It was the most influential 3D stealth game of all time
lol no, nobody except a couple dozen faggots like you even knows of its existence. the game you're looking for is THIEF

because Rikimaru is a Dota hero with a cameo in Overwatch now

Dlc for this game. Hoping for at least 3. Also FROM should go ahead and make a survival horror game, they are damn good at spooky.

Bloodborne is the greatest game ever made. Sekiro doesn’t hold a candlelight to it.

Why the fuck do you keep invoking a meme game from 2014? What is your deal dude?

Thief and Tenchu came out in the same year. Thief is first person. Tenchu is third person.

I love Bloodborne, but that fact that it's clearly unfinished keeps it from ever being close to the greatest game ever made

The original Theif existed when PC held 1/10th of the industry market share. Tenchu peaked at seventh console generation, on the single best selling videogame console of all time.

You're on crack.

the game started as Tenchu but they found as they where making it the Tenchu label was holding its design choices back so they let it be its own game
youtube.com/watch?v=AjdIw-6TcDI

if there is black line through the resurrection buffs you need to kill the minion/boss that downed you then you get access to another Resurrection. generally you only want to use the first resurrection when exploring and save the others for boss fights because the first one recharges when you use a sculptors idol but the other two charge up as you kill minions.
Use resurrection as a tool in boss fights, you get one death per phase so you can play ultra risky once per phase. Its a great mechanic for getting better at the game if used right.

Oh my god you fucking morons

The blade which Genichiro cuts himself with is the Black Mortal Blade, which is described as a 'gateway' weapon. When Genichiro cuts his neck with it, he created a gateway from which young Isshin could emerge (this is NOT the same as old Isshin you meet). Tomoe is likely (but this is not confirmed) to be the woman who was praying at the dragon alter as shes described as a noble from the clouds and a master of lightening attacks.

This is explained in the lore for the weapon.

It's their dishonorable tactics that sets them apart from samurais, not their clothes.

Yeah, once you have started NG+ on a save, all new saves will start with Kujo's Charm.

So you can start a fresh game with Kujo, then go rush Demon bell for a harder experience than NG+.

Is there any way to fight that e guitar playing ghost lady thing so that it doesn't take 2 hours per phase? Nothing deals any posture damage to her at all let alone health damage and being close to her is actively punished by the insane posture damage she puts out with her 30 hit combos. There are like one and a half divine confettis in the whole game so that doesn't help me anymore

Attached: 1501509978949.jpg (768x1024, 206K)

>It was the most influential 3D stealth game of all time because of its introduction to several stealth mechanics that are still staples of the genre today.
Examples?

what distinction are you drawing exactly? The "young" Isshin you fight is the same person you meet throughout the game. After he dies, he's resurrected with the Open Gate in his peak form.

>was holding its design choices back
Bullshit excuse. They just decided early in developement that they didn't want to make a fucking Tenchu game, and Miyazaki felt like soulsing it up. The game starting off as a Tenchu isn't what limited them, it was their imagination and drive to make something different that turned Sekiro into what it is.

Sekiros existence proves From factually cannot make a competent stealth oriented Tenchu game focusing on an actual shinobi doing actual ninja things. They tried and it turned into an action-oriented version of a souls game. They seriously need to sell off the IP if they can't even make a game for it.

I'm glad it did. After playing this fuck Tenchu.

you can buy infinite confetti's eventually for 300

From Software didnt develop Tenchu ...

>no fashion souls
>no real build diversity
no buy, game is too linear for a Soulsborne, needs some real level of customization in order to make replayability higher

and nobody remembers tenchu while THIEF is praised as the best stealth game of all time and filled to the brim with soul

Word.

not him but pretty sure Tenchu was the first game to mix stealth and action together so well. Most stealth games prior to Tenchu were pure stealth and if you were caught you were basically fucked, but Tenchu had all the ninja tools and combat as well

>the game started as Tenchu
Not true.
gameinformer.com/video-feature/2019/01/15/exclusive-gameplay-and-details-on-creating-sekiro-shadows-die-twices
3:50 on the video.

they worked on the later ones.
google Tenchu: Shadow Assassins

Corner peaking from cover, vertical level design as a means to avoid detection, several kinds of items that can be used to alter AI behavior in different ways, and perhaps most importantly of all specific kill animations based on relative position to target.

Like it or not Thief didn't trailblaze as much as Tenchi did. Thief was just a well constructed stealth game that still stands up but it didn't influence subsequent stealth games to the same degree Tenchu did.

So they made the bad ones?

Why is everyone so salty about Sekiro being peak from now?

Fuck you, Tenchu was the shit.

He's right, Tenchu was developed by K2 before they got merged with Capcom, Fromsoft just published it. The only ones they "developed" were the ports. As long as Tenchu is still FromSoft's IP, we will likely never see another Tenchu again.

>customization
I'm actually pretty tired of that shit, open world sandbox make your own character shit is just boring as fuck, whereas with a premade character you have someone who potentially actually knows what they are doing that can give a much better background and storyline for a character than an end-user's OC. Potentially, of course. Open world is designed exclusively for people without ADD, who are capable of focusing on one thing until completion before moving on to the next. I am not one of those people.

Its only BB fags being upset their exclusive got dethroned. Utterly retarded idiocy you could only see on Yea Forums.

>but it didn't influence subsequent stealth games to the same degree Tenchu did.
Thief was the first game with light and shadow stealth system.
Thief was the first game with audio stealth (loud footsteps, etc)

Totaly never used again in the genre...

Are you saying Sekiro wouldn't have been cooler if you could change the way your blade looked or your sheathe looked?

Did you guys ever played Shinobido? I thought it was better than Tenchu

Tenchu had both of those and Tenchu was released earlier.

Attached: 1388370468383.png (319x271, 105K)

I beat this game on the second day. Once you learn to parry it becomes piss easy. Stop shilling this mediocre one trick pony game.
>M-multiple endings!
-St-stealth!
You can parry 90% of bosses and none of that matters.

huuuuge doubt, I'm a BB fag and i love Sekiro. Likely a huge array of people, the PvP fags lamenting it being single player, the RPG fags lamenting lack of gay theorycrafting etc

This must be just pretty stealthy shitposting at this point, because the game is not a "soulsborne" game. It's really that simple. It's an entirely different game. Why are people continually making this comment if not just to upset people

In this case, DMC5 is the furthest a dev has ever strayed from Resident evil's roots and is an absolutely awful Resident Evil game. Far too much action.

Soulsfags still salty about no pvp and muh weapon variety.

Both of those things would have improved the game if they were implemented correctly. I don't know why you would insist that people should be satisfied with less.

>Commander Shepard
not even saying that Shepard's a great example of it, just that it can be done

I'd rather have Wolf be more customizable while retaining the backstory and shit instead of playing another Miyazaki Guts-OC, it isn't that he's not cool it's just not my deal

Sword/weapon skins are different than clothing changes, unless the person has a named sword designated specifically to them, in which case I wouldn't really be OK with skins for that, either, it would break immersion, though still to a lesser extent than wearing full plate armor on a main character designed for speed and stealth would.

Your parents don't spank you enough.

No, its literally just BB fags.

I like Tenchu, played all the games except the Xbox ones, and what you say is true, it's an action game with stealth elements. That said, it's still a damn good game and all its own. People who are disappointed with it can go fuck themselves on the headless' obscenely long sword.

While I dont care about it at all, there is no reason they could not have had multiple katanas in this game.

All of this is redundant, I think this was a test for the new parry system and it works great. Hope all future From soulslike games use this system over Souls or BB.

Kek

That's not true whatsoever. While I like Tenchu for sure Thief's use of lighting and sound that effected stealth was completely revolutionary for the time.

Its uses line of sight and you can run right up to people and they wont react.

Stop lying.

I like Sekiro for exactly what it is as well. It succeeds in being what it wanted to be. But I understand that people who are a fan of stealth games wanted a Tenchu game. I don't try to mock them for not getting what they want. US GAMERS would be richer if we had both games.

You have father autism at that point.

Imagine saying that on NG+ when the game has 4 different storylines, and you can only beat every boss in the game by playing through it 4 times.
What a moron.

>(this is NOT the same as old Isshin you meet)
He is. He has the same mind, just a new body.
This is evidenced by many things which you would have noticed if you weren't so far up your own asshole.
1. He calls you Sekiro. young Isshin would not know to call you that.
2. In his memory it reads: "One who returns from the great beyond does so at the peak of their prosperity..." He returned from the afterlife, and is the exact same person as he was when he died, he just got his peak performance body back.

nope, it's the variety and pvp fags
it was like this before release, and it's been the same afterwards

Which is influenced by light levels, and what terrain you step on affects whether AI will turn around. Light and sound are both taken into account in Tenchu. Thief did not do it before Tenchu. Thief did it exceptionally well and made it work for a first person game, but it was not the progenitor of these mechanics.

CAHEM
Chalice
Dungeons

Because Sekiro is better and more interesting? No one cares about Tenchu.
I agree that Sekiros outfit is ugly, I can't stand orange.
How is that fact? Ninjas wore anything they wanted to wear. They sure as fuck did not wear black clothes and masks like in anime.

what does it matter if you get bored doing so stop being a fanboy

Its got good elements, and its got dumb elements, and it has areas that could be improved. Too many things use spirit essence as a currency, leading you to not really use all of your tools anyways. Some combat arts, the unlimited use candies, and shinobi tools all use spirit essence. Your spirit essence increasing latent skills in the tree cost 2/3 a pop and only raise it by a single one. Why.

>No one cares about Tenchu.
Shut your slutty mouth.

It was also still a janky mess because it was on PC in 1998. While important, an introduction to the most very most basic systems don't circumvent everything Tenchu did to forward the genre, either.
Influence aside, I honestly don't even know why you're trying so hard to hold Thief over Tenchu as a "More recognized" or "More Iconic" game when one was on PC in an era where PC was still a niche gaming platform, while the other was on the Playstation (Most well known platform ever) at the HEIGHT of its popularity. The Tenchu games were and arguably still are PEAK NINJA GAMES. Its a shame the IP has been rotting away for more than a decade, but at least it didn't get the most mediocre revival ever like Theif did. Do you honestly think more people playing videogames back then had PCs instead of PSXs/PS2s?

Couldn't agree more. Sekiro is good for what it is (an action game), but god damn it did it really make me wish Fromsoft would make an actual Tenchu game with stealth as the primary gameplay loop. There's only so many times I can be told my samurai character that has full on sword fights with most of the enemies it runs across (You literally cannot full-stealth Sekiro) is a "Shinobi" before I start rolling my eyes, wishing I was actually playing as a ninja.

Not an argument. Try again

>I want to play dressup and make meme builds to shit on casuls XD
I'd be happy if all soulsfags died overnight.

Nah man BB was my favorite From PvE and now Sekiro holds that throne. It feels like the same Soulsfags who bitched about BB trashing Sekiro.

Your brain is not functioning properly
Yours even less. First phase takes 15-30 seconds since you can one shot them all with drop attack from the trees, and you have to be incredibly unintelligent to not figure out you are supposed to reflect lightning at him. It was so obvious.
Don't blame the kino boss fight for your own lack of IQ.

>Nobody cares about Tenchu
>Ninjas wore anything they wanted to wear
Just stop posting. You're clearly don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Sekiro would be more accurately described as a jumping samurai game than a shinobi game.

And Sekiro has surpassed it fuck your dead IP Todakuck

No one cares dude, action is far better of a genre than stealth. That is why Sekiro is better than getting a Tenchu game, no one wants a game entirely based on stealth.

Am I the only one who thinks that the divine dragon looks really creepy?
Idk, he just looks wayy too realistic...

>no one wants a game entirely based on stealth.
You don't speak for me. I want more completely stealth based games. I find them remarkably more satisfying than action games with stealth elements.

Attached: 1476504957981.jpg (325x325, 11K)

In reality they wore civilian clothes to blend in. There is no evidence of the black clothes.

Nigga fuck off it's obviously soulsfags that have been shitposting sekiro since day 0 cause it wasn't ds4 FROM announced.

There is no such thing as an RPG with "balanced stats" in the way that you can't make yourself OP. That is literally what RPGs are, games that allow you to overlevel past enemy strength.
Sekiro has far better boss fights and combat, so it is already much better.

Oh I know I was retarded on my first playthrough.
I'm at NG+4 nigga. Doesn't make that fight any less of a boring fucking chore. It's just a spectacle fight, and once you've gotten through it the first time it's just a boring chore after every consecutive playthrough.

Sekiro didn't even surpass Nioh as either an action OR a Ninja game you blithering retard. Stay coping.

>let me back up and take a swig of my Est- I MEAN GOURD
>let me play safe and strafe around single-guy-with-sword bosses with fakeouts and combo strings that are designed to catch you off-guard looking for patterns
>let me play a game that is touted as difficult except not really since it all comes down to how well you can memorize said patterns and abuse your ability to get the fuck out of the way
>let me beat the boss and get my YOU DEFEATED/PREY SLAUGHTERED/SHINOBI EXECUTION screen
>let me pick up glowing special items off ragdolling bodies and collect souls/echoes/sen as they fly into my body
>but it's not a soulsborne game
It's a fucking soulsborne, anyone who denies it is trying desperately to make it sound like something it isn't. There is nothing wrong with it using the tried-and-true formula with evolutions to the gameplay and moving beyond certain clunky mechanics from the old games, but to not put this in the exact same family as the From Soulsborne games is dishonest.

Attached: 1521780644388.jpg (636x685, 178K)

>lel bad ending

Now that was some of the biggest pussy shit cope out thing I've seen in a while
That mother fuckers head should have came off
WHo knew FromSoft were little faggot girls

Attached: Dab_on_em.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

>no one wants a game entirely based on stealth
factually incorrect
I fucking love me some Thief and Styx

i did it

Attached: sayonara.jpg (1920x1080, 717K)

Game is still good but I got pretty bored of the assassins creed-like deathblows going on every few seconds. Also sort of wanted to see the other endings but game is too boring to do a second time where as I always do a few playthroughs in souls with different gear/builds.

I'm looking forward to the butthurt that Nioh 2's loot system will bring on the people who complained about it in the first game.
>fucking diablo shit why not just make it more like Sekiro and stop making me look at numbers

Attached: 1335817214332.jpg (316x399, 43K)

Dude, no one gives a shit about Sekiro. Its a trash game and will be gone in 3 months time. Eat shit for wasting time defending it. Legit no one wants a game that's only about parrying.,

Such high post quality no?

That is not what you said, you said it has no replayability, when it objectively does. Since you need to do 4 playthroughs to beat all bosses and experience the full story. That is literally more replay value than you quitting on the 2nd playthrough bitch.
No one is fanboying, you are just fucking retarded my man.

You only need to play the game twice to fight every boss actually, Purification and Shura have unique bosses. The story doesn't even change that much for 3 of the endings, the most change is from Shura (the bad end).

To be entirely fair, the loot system was a bit cumbersome and I hope they streamline at least a bit more in the next installment. It wont be a dealbreaker for me if they don't though.

Attached: 1543367209956.jpg (236x236, 12K)

>tfw didn't realize who DoH was until NG+
god I felt like such a retard. I was a little confused as to why the sculptor had fucked off and why there was suddenly a demon rampaging around.

have fun with SS ishin

No, you clearly do not know what the fuck you are talking about. The kind of suit Rikimaru from Tenchu wears is historically inaccurate, those were introduced in Kabuki theatre, where ninja characters would be dressed like that. In real history, ninjas wore any and every kind of normal clothes.
So stop talking retard.
And you speak for a minority, most people prefer action over stealth. Stealth games are literally all about cheesing enemies.

Woah woah woah. I'm not even a part of this argument but you need to shut the fuck up. Sekiro's replayability is almost 0. Every playthrough is exactly the same.

>What is youtube
Yeah totally going to play through a 20 hour game 4 more times for 30 seconds of ending cutscenes a few bosses.

but WHY did he become a demon?

Delusional tenchu fanboy. Its better than any of FromSofts previous games.

OMG YOU'RE SHURA!

Attached: 1539568107797.png (301x490, 295K)

this

That is a very contrarian opinion negro. Most people find the fight very fun and the opposite of a chore. Literally everyone is wishing the Divine Dragon fight was longer, it's over so soon. People also agree that it's very enjoyable on every playthrough, it's just so visually beautiful and the music is amazing.

Personally what I want is more affixes and prefixes, but much more robust tools for filtering and sorting. That's what the game was actually lacking, an adequate way to find things you are looking for without wading through it all. It's a huge quality of life thing that they should have considered. They patched in some better sorting later but it was pretty bare bones. If they make the affix pools more clearly streamlined so you know what affixes will and will not show up in a particular item then it will make the system much smoother.

But they're probably going to streamline it in ways that I find dissatisfying.

>the game is not a "soulsborne" game.
I kinda wish it wasn't but it definitely is. I fell for the "noooo you don't get iiiiit, it's an aaaaaction game like Ninja Gaideeeeen" nonsense pretty hard.

It's tedious, unrewarding, bland and you're a faggot. Don't even compare Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1 to that crap.

>What is satire
Woosh

Attached: 1551035299591.jpg (1400x1655, 272K)

>Tenchu is historically accurate
>In real history ninjas wore every kind of normal clothes
No, they wore farmers and every-day peasant clothes in the daytime to blend in with populace, and they FACTUALLY wore pitched-dark tunics, scarves, and Tabi to blend in during night raids.

Seriously. Stop fucking posting.

>You cannot full stealth
I don't know man, Tenchu was the same in that you could assassinate mobs, but had to fight a level boss, except in the psp game that let you assassinate bosses outright if you were good enough. You can do the same here except for that. To be compleyely honest, Sekiro's stealth is more Hitman than Tenchu to me.

Why lie? You can do the areas in many different orders, and there are 4 different ways the main story can go, with like 3 different fates for friendly side NPCs as well.
Clearly it has very high replay value and you are very unintelligent.
Yeah totally, it's totally not like you get tons of varying lore throughout the entire playthrough depending on your actions. Oh wait, you do.

The black masked ninja is a romantic depiction from Japanese theater, to convey their invisibility. In actuality, ninjas tended to dress like farmers and civilians.

>And you speak for a minority
I was never speaking for anyone else but myself. I wasn't insisting that people should agree with my tastes. The entire reason I responded to some bullshit in the first place was because someone essentially claimed that Sekiro was better than any Tenchu game that From could have made. In my case this is untrue because Sekiro did not live up to my expectations for a stealth game.

No shit they would put on darker clothes when attacking at night retard. That doesn't change the fact that the stereotypical black gi with a cloth mask is pure fantasy and was never used IRL.

Never played Souls/Bloodborne/Nioh game before. Is Sekiro a good start ?

Every playthrough is exactly the same. Choosing to do one area earlier rather than later does not change the game in a way to justify a subsequent playthrough. Literally nobody is thinking "wow, that first playthrough was great, let me try going to the temple instead of the depths this time" and get surprised at how different the playthroughs are. They would be exactly the same. That's not replayability.

Yeah but in Tenchu if you were playing the game properly you still ONLY fought bosses with actual swordplay. You weren't ever supposed to fight the roaming/stationary AI leading to the boss. You were supposed to avoid or stealth kill them.

In Sekiro the level design forces you into combat situations 90% of the time by eventually leading to situations where enemies are facing each other or in positions where avoiding detection is impossible. Its an action game after all, and its supposed to showcase its combat and make it viable throughout. The focus is defintiely not on stealth and avoiding detection.

Again, what is youtube. I didn't realize reading fucking fanfiction teir text boxes about some no name clan that's only defining trait was getting its shit kicked in by Date Masamune warrants replaying a 20 hour game again.

Because Sekiro isn't a stealth game and you are stupid to have expected it to be that. They made it extremely clear ever since the E3 reveal that it is an ACTION GAME with SLIGHT stealth elements.

it's good but not great

the combat system is more frustrating than it is fun, bloodborne is still a far better game.

>muh big numbers rpg
Enjoy your autistic grinding for mats while I'm out here styling on enemies with raw skill not gear.

Sekiro is very different to these games.
Start with DaS, DeS or BB.

Yeah, order doesn't matter except if you play the Dark Souls series, then play them in order from 1 to 3. Otherwise you can do any of them in any order.
Sekiro has the best combat and will actually be less hard for you if you haven't played Souls games, so it's the best to start with maybe.
This is because if you have played Souls games before, you have habits ingrained in you that make learning Sekiro harder since it plays so different.

I can't remember everything about the game's lore, but I remember that it's explained that people who kill senselessly and are full of wrath become Shura (which I think is a kind of demigod of war in buddhism).
IIRC in the DoH memory description it says that people who fail to become Shura become demons instead.
So In the past Sculptor was a rogue shinobi who for one reason or another led a life of death, regret and hatred.
At some point all that balloons inside him and he turns into a demon

>no one
>outright lying like this
Smug bunny boy looks at you over his shades.jpg

I'm aware. The point was someone was comparing it to a Tenchu game which would invariably be an actual stealth game, and he was insisting that people who are a fan of the stealth genre should be satisfied with the stealth present in Sekiro. So satisfied that they should stop asking for a Tenchu game. Do you understand why that pisses people off? Do you need a vivid example?

>Stop asking for fucking fighting games you losers, Sekiro exists and you fight in it.

Attached: 1326472675460.jpg (204x201, 8K)

Nah BB is still superior to me because I prefer the world, lore, weapon system, aesthetic and fighting style

>Raw skill
Its a virtual game of Pairs with a reaction check. Get off your horse.

Then I fucking guess so. I like actually having to play my bosses instead of watching it through a flashy cutscene.

Why am I not surprised that only literally retards don't like gimmick bosses?

Attached: 1491033617894.jpg (365x450, 19K)

Ok dude we get it already, you are a huge idiot, no need to announce it multiple times. It has way more replayability than FromSofts other games, so your whining is completely invalid.
>muh e-celebs will tell me about the story!
Typical fucking retard ass zoomer, good job proving my point right.
>20 hour game
If the game only took you 20 hours on first playthrough, you also skipped like 60-70% of stuff, good job retard.

>avoiding detection is impossible
I hope you keep an eye out because SOMEONE will make a ghost play through for this game.

No, I missed 30% of it and took my sweet ass time doing the majority of the Purification ending but not getting the eves drops because who the fuck would know to keep talking to the shota rice lady after the first 2 old hags.

Whine some more will you, it's one fucking gimmick boss, not every boss in the game. From always does that, and you cry about the best one? Already forget how they used to be in Souls games?

>It has way more replayability than FromSofts other games
Don't shitpost so blatantly you sub 80 IQ mong. Sekiro has almost no replayability whatsoever because the amount of choices you can make in the game that have a difference are extremely limited. Almost everybody who finishes Sekiro has an identical save file.

Attached: 1296965006103.jpg (611x635, 286K)

SeeChrist you fuckers are actually brain damaged.

Attached: 1537241853664.jpg (682x548, 270K)

That really isn't possible. Gun Fort enemies for example see you from a kilometer away.

No they won't. Not unless some insane game breaking glitch is found. Minibosses with two health bars regenerate their health if you break aggro, making them impossible to kill without detection.

just found out i didnt use the divine dragon memory for dmg, fuck, i could of wasted a lot less time on him.

>Styling on enemies
I will enjoy it. I'll enjoy doing it harder and better than Sekiro ever possibly could. Nioh is brimming with style and utility, and has a way higher skill ceiling for it. Sekiro is the same boring ass attack-parry ad nauseum. Woo boy you finally figured out a bosses pattern and can parry, jump, or roll away from it on time now?

Now Do that managing ki-pulses and cycling a slew of combat patterns based on an even more finite feel of situation and timing. You can't? Oh well, guess you need to git gud, or go full shitter and use some of the cheese the game has available, after all it accounted for baddies like you. Or you can just go back to playing Sekiro :^).

I don't think its that good. The magnets on everyones weapons is just anti fun

Attached: 1390197720821.png (571x540, 434K)

Cope~ Hey, you want to hear a joke? One shot build.

At least bed of chaos is over with in less than half a minute.
And I don't particularly care if it's one gimmick boss. I'd rather have none or have it at least be more challenging than "literally spam grapple until a tree glows then press r1"

Well it objectively has more replay value than any other FromSoft game, that is for sure.

Literally everybody knows this is false. Feel free to explain yourself if you want to convince anybody. But you won't because you're not smart enough to think up a good enough lie.

Imagine being so fucking stupid you cry about not being able to dodge everything.
It's almost like you're supposed to learn to deflect.

What ending should I get? Already fought Owl and have both fruits

Frozen tears for Return ending. Best ending.

>I havent heard of it=its not iconic
imagine, genuinely imagine being this fucking full of yourself.

Why do kids nowadays act so fucking smug about being wrong?

>I WAS ONLY PRETENDING GUYZ
Oh give it a rest.

I already explained you fucking retard, it has varying bosses on different storyline playthroughs. That does not exist in Souls games.
It automatically has more replay value because you HAVE TO do multiple playthroughs to kill every boss, while in every previous game you can kill every single one of them on first playthrough.

Am I only one who played the game with MGR soundtrack? It fits so fucking great, specialy "The only thing I know for real" on Owl bossfight and "The war still rages within" in the ending. The original soundtrack is shallow
youtube.com/watch?v=JzmZOU5hVr8

the face reminds me of that rat with its 2 little paws as fists on the air , all happy

The game, no, the formula is exhausted, stale and boring now. I cannot muster the will to play beyond lady butterfly. Dying and playing the same bit over and over again is incredibly tedious and I could be using this time to do something else.

Someone mentioned they owned the Tenchu IP? I really wish they made a Tenchu game instead. Incredibly disappointed with this one.

>Guy does a 360 spin to hit me with his big lumbering attack that could not possibly have changed direction

It just feels bad man

Imagine claiming you've played the souls formula to the point of boredom and in the same sentence saying you get stuck on lady butterfly of all things

Wow these are the exact same feelings I have.

Like legit if you cannot fathom that the post was satire I have no words.

Yellow markers aren't detection though, they're suspiscion. Maybe with gashin's sugar you could? I haven't tried. Minibosses I think wouldn't count either, Tenchu had them and you fought them head on as well.

You mean the Shura ending bosses which you skip a large portion of the rest of the game in order to access. It's a bad end trigger. This does not add replayability, it forces you to replay the game. Discern the difference. You're also ignoring that every single playthrough will be played exactly the same. The presence of ANY choice of weapons in any of the Souls games presents an entirely new way to play the game and an entirely new incentive to play the game. More choices = more replayability. Sekiro has almost no choices, and none of them really matter.

waiting for DLC

Does anyone know if the unupgraded umbrella prostethic can nullify the terror build up from the screams?

Unga me farm divine gear
Bunga one shot boss cause me big attack power me skilled

90% of the game is still the same. Shura ending is literally 99% the same with a single extra boss(technically 2 but it's a single encounter, so it's almost like a 3 phase boss).

Even with the green sugar being fully detected is unavoidable in certain areas of the game. Like I said, unless some game breaking glitch is found Sekiro will never become a game you can complete using only stealth mechanics. Even if you exclude unavoidable boss fights or mini-boss fights from being included in this category it would be stretching the definition so much it snaps.

It was a pretty good game, I liked it, but I hope they never make another one ever again. Maybe I'll feel different in 3 years but right now if I see a fucking katana or hear some shit flute playing I'm going to throw up.
I've easily put 1000 combined hours into their other games but I don't think I'm even going to replay this one.

Bring on Armored Core.

It can't

>There are people posting in this thread who don't go out of their way to do wall jumps mid fight

If they wanted to sneak around at night they did

Shut up, you retard

Fuck you buddy, fuck you right in the duodenum with scorching hot coffee

This. It was fine for what it is, but it's a pretty big departure from the loop fans of FROM games want. Lack of replayability, and more importantly lack of reward for exploration, really kills the drive to play it more. I might think differently if NG+ did ANYTHING different aside from change HP/damage numbers, but it doesn't.

I'm not saying I got stuck on lady butterfly, I'm saying I got bored and lost the will to play. The game is incredibly tedious

I have played the souls formula to the point of boredom, I've played since Demon's and spent a couple hundred hours in the first Dark Souls and so on. The formula needs rework/innovation.

>Sekiro thread
>it's a bunch of rectum buggered autists whining about their dead franchises
>FUCK YOUR GAME WHY WON'T DADDY FROM LOVE ME AGAIN!?
Fuck off to your generals, it's our time now.

Not with that shitty genric ass soundtrack it isnt.

Combat does have some depth to it instead of wale on boss till it dies or wait for whiff then attack and run

I had the exact same thing, lame as fuck really.

I just finished the game, got the Return ending. I can see they making a sequel or some game based on India or the other nearby area, but not a sequel to Sekiro. While his story is not over, I think it would be a better fit to see him while we are playing another character, maybe as a boss. He already got his title, Shinobi of the Dragon.

Overall, I liked it. I kinda wanted to see a little bit more of Rupert's father, the guy in Armor. I really like the idea that Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are in the same universe, just different countries going through different dark catastrophes. It's nice to see how each country has a fightning style.

Love it or hate it, Nioh's loot system was one of the things that stopped it from being just another souls clone

Attached: elemental damage.jpg (1273x735, 240K)

it doesn't beat either of them
but, it's still a great game regardless, and it definitely does beat the Souls sequels in terms of PvE

Attached: OWO.jpg (385x409, 32K)

>tfw accidentally played NIOH on easymode because Ninjutsu sounded cool
feels bad man

>Also Sekiro's outfit is fucking joke. It should be black/grey or something.

You're fucking wrong
some nipponfag pointed out in another thread that as shinobis are practitioners of espionage, they typically wore clothing that allowed them to blend in with lower folk and commoners. Orange dye was considered cheap due to the abundance of persimmons, and so many commoners wore orange colored clothing. Black/grey clothing for ninja is a stereotype that started in artistic depictions of ninja, in reality black dye was very expensive to produce and mostly worn by nobles. This is why Naruto wears orange and Sasuke wears black.

>t.soulsshitter who’s still trying dodge roll through everything

on a second-to-second basis the game feels really very different from any soulsborne game, you are making use of a lot of more individual mechanics in each interaction. I don't think anyone is doing this for some kind of weird nefarious reason like you seem to be implying, it's that people genuinely don't feel these games are similar.

They are made by the same developers so obviously certain design choices are going to be there.

I wish I could have gotten samurai souls instead of this. All it really changes is restricting the choices players have for the sake of more acutely tuned encounters.

Attached: 1541241727494.gif (2354x1959, 281K)

pretty cool fact user, i don't care enough to google it to confirm so i'll assume you're telling the truth

>see girl crying
>talk to her
>dialogue leads to a fight
>die
>go back, see she's back to "friendly"
>don't talk to her and walk past her this time
>PRETENDING YOU DON'T SEE ME!?
>mfw

Attached: 1551507671077.gif (255x255, 363K)

should've gone through the river :^)

First difficulty is easy mode no matter what. The game opens up more and more with each new difficulty which also sets it apart from Souls games. New mechanics are introduced so it's clear that Nioh is meant to be played through all the way through the final 5th difficulty.

I think the only souls thing I'd really want is customization. Sekiro/Wolf is honestly so stoic that he could pass as any other player created character. Could still have him tall and shit, but it'd just be a Shepard type situation

Sekiro is fucking shit and worse than any of the souls games including DaS2 and before you retards come at me with "HURR I BET YOU COULDN'T EVEN BEAT BUTTERFLY" here are my proofs that I beat this kusoge

Attached: Sekiroachievements.png (1434x859, 137K)

This didn't happen to me but I watched this happen to RetroGaijin and I laughed. He wanted to avoid her just like this and she whooped his ass again.

Attached: 1498328706624.gif (500x281, 1.91M)

>Onimusha
Jesus christ user you just hit me with a wave of nostalgia.

I beat it finally. About the only good feelings I had were finally beating isshin by absolutely destroying him and wrecking the double ape fight after getting my ass pounded by the single ape fight

I wasn't huge on the game but I do like that the last boss really forces you to play basically perfectly

that sucks you didn't enjoy it, i thought it was really good. Why did you put yourself through it if you seem to hate it so much? you just cranky because of poor diet/bad sleep or something?

I had more fun with Nioh boss fights, but I guess that's because it's more like Souls

Sekiro = pattern recognition and parry or die over and over.

Demons > DS1 > DS3 > BB > Sekiro > Not playing a game > DS2

>inb4 that one retard screams you can't compare it to souls because its not a souls game despite the Souls DNA being in every inch of Sekiro down to the same fucking enemy animations

Attached: Interracial NTR cuck.jpg (496x515, 79K)

that's nice, user
but pipe down, the adults are talking

Now show the 100% you fucking faggot. And if you pirated it your opinion doesn't matter.

Pirates don't get achievements.

And? Gun fort enemies instantly see you when you first get there and jump down to the first Snake Eyes. So it is not possible to do a stealth playthrough, they are scripted to see you there.

>And if you pirated it your opinion doesn't matter.

Fuck off shill, everyone should have pirated this game. No matter how good it may or may not be. Supporting activision means you lose any right to complain about the industry ever again

Because I didn't want the game to suck, I wanted it to be good, and for the first few hours I really enjoyed it. But as the hours dragged on and I understood just how badly designed the game is with its braindead stealth, combat thats just as spammy as souls but in a different way, and unrewarding exploration my opinion of it plummeted. The game isn't really frustrating or hard in my opinion, its just painfully boring.

WAITING ON THAT 100 YOU FUCKING RETARD
Fuck you thief, hope you break your damn patella

100% of the game is the same on every Souls replay. So there is more replay value in Sekiro, since it is not 100% the same in Sekiro every time.

>buying a good game is BAD
Nigger I will buy a good game if it's made by Hitler himself. I use my vallet to vote for what games I want and what I don't, not to protest because le activision did something bad therefore I will never buy anything associated to them xD

I wasn't the guy you were getting salty with. I'm a pirate. I don't get achievements. He posted some achievements. It's a fair assumption that he's not a pirate. Relax, bub.

Will you shut the fuck up? You don't know what replayability means.

Attached: 1531673250522.gif (421x338, 2.37M)

Having different builds and items doesn't change the gameplay as much as the amount of different approaches you have to each area.
It's just plain old PS2-days fun. I find myself replaying areas over and over before moving on simply because of how fun it is and how many options you got at any given point.
Finishing Dark Souls 3 with a Halberd or with a Greatsword isn't much different.

You Souls babbies can wish all you want but Miyazaki knows Souls combat is fucking trash compared to this. You aren't getting dodge spam with occasional, singular R1 hits ever again.

>lone shadow
>has a friend

Lmao

You think someone could make a youtube video arguing that Left Alive, an actual 3/10 game, still has deeper and better stealth mechanics than Sekiro? Better AI too. That's a game I actually want to pirate.

BB > DaS ≥ DeS > Sekiro > DaS2 > DaS3

I really liked Sekiro, and I feel like doing a few more runs. I hope it gets a DLC.

Attached: sekiro eat.jpg (992x1403, 146K)

>dishonorable tactics
Nigga stop drinking the nippon koolaid. Ninjas were literally just assassins, while Samurais were more akin to being a low tier knight. It's that simple, it has nothing to do with weapon/armor/fighting style.

you can obviously compare the games but the systems of Souls + BB are nearly identical across all 5 games, Sekiro feels obviously different with posture being "inverse stamina", blocking/parrying being a lot more core to gameplay and less risky, verticality, etc.

i really don't think it's valid to call the combat spammy, every enemy does different shit and you need to either attack, dodge, jump, parry, combat art, or use any number of prosthetics to counter each situation. if you found it boring you probably were doing the same shit over and over and likely dying unnecessarily as a result

Here's the canon ranking
Sekiro > Demon's Souls > Bloodborne > DS1 >>>>> DS3 >>>> eating shit >>>>>>>>>>>>> DS2

>Say the game sucks with proof that I beat it
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IF YOU DIDN'T BEAT IT IN 30 MINUTES WITH ONE HAND WHILE THE OTHER JERKS OFF TO TRAPS IT DOESN'T COUNT
kusogekiro fags everyone

one of the best i've seen yet user, excellent taste

>thief
>best stealth game
t. brainlet

Sekirofaggotry is a mental illness

The first Owl boss theme sounds like a Pokemon track introducing [TEAM EVIL].

youtu.be/9Ff8kWRJleU?t=200

I hope it gets a fuckton. I'll buy a full game's worth.

We disagree. In Sekiro there's only one path. In Dark Souls games there's so many paths you can go in the completely wrong path and fuck yourself. That's how much freedom you get. That's potential for replayability. You don't even get a choice in Sekiro. All of your abilities are more or less the same and you'll end up getting all the useful ones by the end of the game. There's only a handful of prosthetics that are even useful. This lack of variety means that even if you liked the game you won't feel like you could have played it remarkably differently.

Whereas in Dark Souls you can run around naked with two shields the entire time. As goofy and stupid as that is, it's a new way to play that can breathe life into the same game. It's something Sekiro doesn't have. It doesn't matter what metric you use, Sekiro has remarkably less replayability than any of the Souls games by an inconceivable margin.

>Activision literally destroys your hobby
>Support them anyway

You are the reason for cash shops

Shitposting like this isn't going to get you anywhere, retard.

Oh yeah I really hated the cash shop in Sekiro

>Whereas in Dark Souls you can run around naked with two shields the entire time
wow i'm sold, Sekiro is actually shit

Yea Forums, now that the dust is settled, how is this game? I enjoyed all the souls game, will I like this? Should I kill myself?

Says the person living a bubble of delusions. I stated objective facts and here you are, denying them.

You haven't experienced it in full so no it doesn't count fuck you dark souls is dead and it's never coming back you worthless friendless fatass guess you'll never be a streamer now it's all frozen pizzas and dragon dildoes for you lmaoing at your life.

>Sekiro has far better boss fights and combat
Not by a long shot

I was serious. He isn't going to ever go back to Souls combat again because it's awful compared to Sekiros combat. It's not "bad" since it is more fun than most other games action, but Sekiros is even much better and more intense.

I'm not saying this makes Dark Souls better by default. I'm saying Sekiro has less replayability. That's the singular point being made. Don't try to make a strawman and then mock the strawman.

We know just how capable FROM is when making good DLC. Let's hope we get something close to a TOH tier one.

Attached: sekiro_one_armed_wolf.jpg (1350x900, 184K)

Are you hard of hearing? Shitposting like this is low effort trash.

Attached: 1409335128739.gif (312x250, 2.38M)

literally every boss in Sekiro is better than literally every boss in Dark Souls 1

It's almost like Sekiro doesn't have that retarded ass shit so that the entire gameplay and combat could be built to be as good as possible. Which they did, it is so much better than the experience of playing any weapon or build in any Souls game.
Sekiro objectively has far more replay value than any Souls game by an inconceivable margin.
Also why are you Souls babies crying all over Sekiro threads? Is it because DS3 threads are fucking dead and nonexistent?

What do you know? A shitposting retard with a retarded opinion also doesn't capitalize his sentences or use any punctuation. Color me surprised.

>bonfires
>estus
>souls that you lose on death
>weapon upgrades
>semi-obscure NPC quests
>game is semi-linear with open paths to pick from
>consumables are slow to use and put you in danger
>90% of mooks are piss easy, bosses are challenging with some rare mooks too

There are even reused assets up the ass from bloodborne and DS3. The only thing it doesn't have is literally RPG stats, which were converted in skills you get. That's fucking it.

Who the fuck is we? And for all it's weapons, movesets are copy pasted so it's more looks than any real substance.

Your shitposting gets worse when you go off script.

>if you found it boring you probably were doing the same shit over and over and likely dying unnecessarily as a result
You're right, I was doing the same shit over and over, but I wasn't dying unnecessarily because I almost never died at all. All you need to do to clear nearly every normal combat encounter, no matter how many enemies there are, is stealth kill one, then run away and wait for de-aggro, and repeat ad nauseam until the entire group is dead.
The only time this isn't true is for the bosses and mini-bosses but parry spam into an R1 hit is usually enough because every boss is extremely easy to kite due to your ridiculous run speed

Yes? All of Bloodborne for example, which previously had the best bosses, has only three bosses that are as good as ANY boss in Sekiro. Not counting the Folding Screen Monkeys which is more of a puzzle than a fight, of course. The actual bosses in Sekiro, every single one of them is at minimum as good as Orphan, Ludwig or Maria. Most bosses in the game are far better.

It's better than Dark Souls but not better than Demon Souls or Bloodborne.

Reminder that Japan Studio > FromSoft

We as in you and I. Also this is legitimately wrong. Movesets are different. Substantially more different than a single katana in Sekiro.

Seems like the only one seething here is you user

You're so fucking butthurt Dark Souls fanboy manchild holy shit.
Couldn't beat Sekiro huh? Too hard for you without your gay lover summons?

P-please respond...tell me

this is fuckin weak user he's 100% right and you can't reply with anything other than "ur shitposting" how bout fuck off faggot LOL

Retards.

Attached: 1351765114287.gif (117x186, 737K)

>final boss can't even pronounce sekiro correctly
trash

Maybe.

>All you need to do to clear nearly every normal combat encounter, no matter how many enemies there are, is stealth kill one, then run away and wait for de-aggro, and repeat ad nauseam until the entire group is dead.
holy fucking shit no wonder you thought the game was boring, you played it like an autistic person. you're supposed to fight people dude

The combat was better than BB or any Souls game.

The content was massively lacking however, and while the bosses seemed good it was because of the new combat style, rather than memorial bosses.

Take the combat and put it into for example DaS, and suddenly you have a fucking amazing game. This principle of mixing parry/dodge/jump together for more fluid combat is great.

They always save the best stuff for elf. I hope we get to fight tomoe and there's tons of youkai shit. New tools and trees.

Why can't Sekirofags take criticism? Why is "git gud", "hurr stupid soulsfag" or some other shit their only response to any criticism they get?

I don't get what you mean by "the amount of different approaches" because you're going to be slicing and parrying your way through every area no matter what.
It could be argued that one of the faults of the game is that there's no real room for any experimentation. You either learn to play exactly how they want you to or you fuck off.

Oh yes I too enjoy the massive amounts of build variety in Sekiro that lets me use one katana with only one attack button and a handful of prosthetic arms of wildly variable usefulness

>There are even reused assets up the ass from bloodborne and DS3
[citation needed]
No one has seen or proven the existence of a single re-used asset from DS3 or Bloodborne. What it does have is re-used voices from Demon's Souls Fools Idol for O'rin of the Water.

It's not really a Souls even though you can see the blatant and heavy FromSoft design philosophies in it. That said it's still my favorite FS game to date, but my priorities include level/environment design over muh weapon sets muh fashion, so your mileage may vary.

Yeah w/e
(You)
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way to no games

>so that the entire gameplay and combat could be built to be as good as possible
And they failed spectacularly. L1 spam into your one allotted R1 hit isn't fun, its boring.

>muh fashion
Oof. I may not like it then...

what's your criticism?
A lot of the time the "criticism" legitimately is
>wahh too hard
>wahh it's not like dark souls

>movesets are copy pasted so it's more looks than any real substance
Yes because the Fume Ultra Greatsword is exactly the same as the Estoc
fucking sekirotards

Why would you think so, when Japan Studio had nothing to do with the development of the game content for either Demon's Souls or Bloodborne, retard. First of all they had no involvement in DeS at all, and for Bloodborne they only helped in creating the game engine. FromSoft made the actual game content itself 100% on their own.

You faggots are ridiculous.

yeah build variety is super important. Like how when i'm using one weapon in Bloodborne, it has a heavy mode and a light mode, and i could do a totally different build with a totally different weapon which has a heavy mode and a light mode. This makes the game infinitely replayable.

>too linear
It has more branching paths than DaS, DaS3 and BB. You're retarded.

it's not that it is "too hard"

standing in front of a boss to parry spam for posture, or spamming r1, is not very fun

at least in dark souls I actually move around

Sekiro has better other content than Souls games too. Like level design, aesthetics, story, etc.
DeS and BB story/lore is on par or possibly better sure, but Dark Souls story is fucking trash compared to Sekiros.

>I-IF YOU HATE IT ITS BECAUSE YOU SUCK
Not everyone here is as shit at games as you are
See

Damn you hti on all the things I think mostly. Good job.

Just beat sword saint ten minutes ago

>In my case this is untrue because Sekiro did not live up to my expectations for a stealth game.
Me too man, I expected Sekiro to be a racing battle royal strategy game. It really didn't live up to my expectations.

Are you reluctantly agreeing with him while thinking your post is somehow mocking him? Sekiro has one weapon and one play style. Bloodborne has multiple. Even if everything else were the same, there would be more reason to play Bloodborne again because you have more options to how you approach the same content.

think he means playstyles, which is true

I have played from Demons to Bloodborne to Sekiro. Souls weapons add very little to replayability. Bloodborne is superiour to souls in this because barring the cleavers, each weapon indeed has its own moveset.

>NG+
>tons of money
>nothing to spend it on really
>buy tons of spirit emblem
>use the taro whenever I can
>use the flamethrower and Isshin’s shockwaves to wreck stuff
this is excellent

This, you played the game an unintended, extremely autistic way. Why blame the game when you are the one that made it unfun for yourself. Should have fought the enemies instead of being a little bitch.
Oh yeah dude, because you totally use more than ONE WEAPON in any build in any Souls game. Oh wait no you fucking don't retard, for every build you choose one weapon and then stick with that for one or even multiple playthroughs.
Fucking braindead DS fags.

>please ignore this entire gameplay mechanic and how broken it is
If you have to completely ignore an entire gameplay mechanic to make a game "fun" then it's badly designed.

Yeah if you like to chase armor sets it's probably not going to hook you then for obvious reasons. My condolences to you, but it still could be worth your time for a single run through. Pick it up on a 50% off sale or something, I reckon.

>spam spam spam
so dont spam?

>parry spam
you know theres other ways of approaching enemies right?

Im surprised you fags DON'T know what tenchu is tbqh

Fun weekends switching up between tenchu and bushido blade back in the day

They succeeded amazingly, it's literally the most satisfying action combat any game has had.
It's not the games fault you're too stupid to play it correctly and just mash buttons like some kind of retarded hack n slash game player.

Yea, Tamoe is mentioned quite a bit. I'd imagine it'll be similar to the Kos(m) meme in base BB (which got resolved in with a 10/10 DLC), and we'd might fight him. I don't think a new skill tree will be possible, but we might get additional abilities. Also, wouldn't be surprised if we got a moonlight prosthetic, that shit would be cool regardless though.

Attached: sekiro stronk.jpg (2039x1378, 168K)

but it's the best way to build posture. parrying attacks, and attacking.

dodging literally penalizes you.

>A lot of the time the "criticism" legitimately is
But what about all the people that point out that the combat is barely an improvement over souls, the exploration is often unrewarding, and stealth is comically bad?

Don't ignore the context this post was responded with. People were making direct comparisons of Sekiro to a make believe Tenchu game that wasn't made, and it was claimed that Sekiro was better as a matter of fact. It intentionally ignored the fact that people who wanted something different didn't get it, and this guy was stating that people should be satisfied with Sekiro as a replacement for any other game. Do you understand? I'll repeat an example I gave someone else.

>Stop asking for fucking fighting games you losers, Sekiro exists and you fight in it.

This is what he was saying regarding stealth games.

>story
Stopped reading.

No. It doesnt. Its story is absolute dogshit. A dragon appeared, shat out different types of immortality and the ONLY motivator for anyone is 'gimme gimme gimme'. Its generic, boring, and easily the worst part of the game.

Are you serious trying to play victim when all you're doing is shitting on the game. In its thread. When you could be fellating dark souls in it general? Fuck off. And don't act like you meme spouting faggots aren't the most obnoxious cunts in the galaxy.

A single combat encounter in Sekiro has more mechanical variability than entire area in a soulsborne game. The enemies have more attacks and do different things. The game is not about waiting for attack animations, rolling, and then attacking over and over.

THAT is the replayability. The game is well-made and has mechanically intense combat. In Bloodborne if I'm using ludwig sword or hunter axe I'm having an extremely similar experience.

Regardless of any of that, replayability is not the only thing that makes a game good, I only ever play Souls games 2-3 times, and so far I'm about to start my 3rd playthrough of Sekrio

Hahahah absolutely fucking seething and delusional dark souls babies
You know perfectly well what he meant, for every moveset in a Souls game, there are 5-10 other weapons with the same exact moveset, just a different skin for the weapon.
Not only that, every single weapon has extremely simplistic moves, unlike Sekiros combat that has actual DEPTH.

Personally my favorite part of Dark Souls was always parrying.
there and in this game it feels like you're actually outdoing your opponent in one-to-one combat instead of running and rolling around them taking jabs when he swing at air next to you.
Don't get me wrong I still love souls, probably more than this game, but darn this game's combat is gratifying. I'd say this game takes more skill than souls too, since you can't grind levels or summon to make a boss easier. You actually have to learn the boss and not reacting in time is far more punishing than in souls.

yikes.

Dark souls 3 is bad.
Bloodborne is a meme game.
Dark Souls and Demons Are good.

10/10 bait

Dude, this script of yours has been in several threads now. Your pasta is ageing like rotten eggs and its smells like shit.

>ignore a mechanic
you are talking about literally going out of your way to break the game's AI. "wait for de-aggro" LMAO dude like just run up and slash the faggots, unironically git gud

Stop spamming then and play the game how you are intended to? Who are we kidding, you haven't actually ever played this game, since spamming L1 doesn't actually work.

>Playing a 2 handed tank build is the same as playing a magic build
Actually retarded.

DaS3 has a lot of branching paths and all of those lead to dead-ends, just like Sekiro

sekiro is better than all of them in terms of PvE, desu

Yes because you little gayboys posting a screenshot you saved onto your computer totally matters. Its someone elses achievements, you cucks didn't get past Ashina Castle.
It DIDN'T suck. See that's the thing, the entire world agrees that it is FromSofts most amazing game yet, and you are being a salty, seething, angry little man for no reason, and making all these wild claims about the game sucking, while the rest of the world is loving it.

>the combat is barely an improvement over souls
this isn't criticism, it's an assertion. The combat feels much more fun than souls games and most people who've played it agree
>the exploration is often unrewarding
valid, i'm sick of finding ceramic shards and ash everywhere. Prosthetics were disappointing too.
>stealth is comically bad
It's totally passable, its purpose is to clear one or two enemies before a combat encounter starts. The game is definitely not enjoyable as a stealth game, i don't think anyone would deny that

Actually, it kinda does.
The window is huge and you can go from a block to a deflect if its in a attack chain. It's not idea but it also does work.

In Bloodborne your choice of weapons is remarkably more limited. I do like how different each weapon feels in Bloodborne, but make no mistake there's far more weapons to choose from in Souls games. Many of the same type play similarly, but if you're looking for something specific there might just be the perfect weapon for you.

For example is Dark Souls 1 the longsword is a good weapon, but the moveset isn't ideal. It belongs to a certain family of quality weapons that have similar movesets, but I find that the Balder Side Sword has the perfect balance for moveset and stat weight for a build I like to play, so I build my entire character around it. Having more options for everybody means that there's more chances for playthroughs like this to happen FOR EVERYBODY. It doesn't mean I'm going to play through the game 120 times for the 120 weapons (or however many there are). It means that if 120 people with different ideas of how they want to play actually play through a second time, odds are they'll be able to find something that suits them and they'll be able to truly enjoy a subsequent playthrough.

In Sekiro something like this cannot happen because there are less choices.

It is objectively better than Dark Souls story, as I said.
>A single combat encounter in Sekiro has more mechanical variability than entire area in a soulsborne game
This. Literally BASIC ENEMIES, not even minibosses, in Sekiro can have so many moves and be so challenging depending on the enemy, that it's more complex than any boss in a previous FromSoft game.

I've seen this like a dozen times, but initially with a different filename. This ain't yours bro.

>war of
No, just greatsword and some other shit I don't care to recall. Fuck off

>forced damage on demon of hatred
just use the fire umbrella, otherwise mostly valid complaints though talking to npcs multiple times is kind of a standard in these games by now. I was kind of disappointed to find you can’t kill any npcs, I mean it’s good in a practical sense that I can’t accidentally hit them when putting the controller down but I missed seeing what items the npcs drop

jesus this is like a 12 year old critiquing something. you can't just say "its bad its generic" you need to demonstrate why something specific wasn't done well. nobody is impressed with your le epic story taste user.

>Like level design
That doesn't reward exploration at all because all the game can ever give you is consumables, upgrade materials for prosthetics that are often rather bland to use, and the occasional prayer bead
>aesthetics
You wish
>story
l e l

Funny because this is the first Sekiro thread I have been in since the games release, since I was avoiding spoilers.
But you don't care about reality do you, you're a seething DS3 PvP cuckold that can't handle the fact that From is never going to make another rehashed Dark Souls trash game for you.

It does actually, and the two types of attacks that it doesn't work against are usually so telegraphed that you can just easily run away from them

Nobody is buying this shit. People here have played the games before. You're not talking to a bunch of shitty games journalists here. We know what replayability is. Go fuck yourself for trying to waste everyones' time.

Attached: 1331478896573.jpg (223x200, 5K)

Why did they both have to kill the carp? Fucking assholes

blockspamming is a good safe tactic for figuring out what enemies do, but you don't get the posture recovery bonus that holding block gives you and you are still vulnerable to all of the many perilous attacks that most enemies beyond the first part of the game use regularly

It sure is, you dodge and then you do damage, then repeat. Every build in Souls plays the same, you just roll a lot.
In Sekiro you can actually make different builds that play somewhat differently.

>Doesn't reward exploration.... except when it does

I don't even want more souls games you retarded sekirodrone. DaS3 was garbage and I'd rather From make another Armored Core.

i'm not trying to fool anyone retard. I pirated the game and don't give a shit about anything except telling wrong faggots that they're wrong (you)

>In Sekiro you can actually make different builds
Name a build. Oh wait you can't because there's no stats. There's only skills and everyone can afford all of them.

You're not listening, retard. Nobody is buying this shit.

You're literally talking about luck. The parry window is actually stricter in Sekiro than in Bloodborne or any Souls.
Your posture will get cucked hard if you spam L1, and if it's a boss, enjoy your massive chip damage that is 1/3 of your entire health bar because you mistimed the parry and it blocked.

So where do they go from here? I really like the combat but besides for another Sekiro I don't really want them to do the same thing, but I also don't want them to regress back to Soulsborne style combat..

Ok you clearly haven't even played/beaten the game so im not even going to argue with you.

Every major type of weapon feels completely different wtf are you talking. Play with an UGS vs a dagger and see for yourself. That's without even talking about pure caster builds, ranged builds and all the in betweens.

>There's only skills and everyone can afford all of them.
i mean no, you'd need to grind a fuckload to do this. but there's definitely not really "builds" like in souls games. doesn't need to be because the core gameplay is more complex than doing ltierally everything you can do in a souls game

This. Some other guy posted that in a Sekiro thread days ago. This idiot that gave up on the game in Ashina Outskirts just saved someone elses image.

>not possible
Why not? It's just extra code.

It's good, but it's not at the level of DS or Bloodborne. Too casualized.

Being able to do less means it's less complex. Not the other way around. Fuck you.

if I dodge I lose posture.

This game literally punishes you for dodging stuff.

I'm cool with this so long as they add more main weapons that play differently. Souls equipment/RPG elements with Sekiro combat would be amazing.

I'll be honest in that I love and hate how much the game demands of you. It's really irritating to get hit once, lose 70-90% of your health, have to heal and then lose all of your posture progress

At the same time it tends to feel good when you finally beat something that was giving you trouble. Most of the time anyway

What the fuck? How is "oh this run I'm gonna run a quality build and use artorias's sword" the same as "this one katana is the only weapon you get in every playthrough for everyone that plays the game"

>Farmville is a more complex game than Dark Souls 1
the absolute state of nu-Yea Forums

>souls has more
And so what!? They're just reskins, gameplay doesn't change.

>doesn't reward exploration
>except when you get new prosthetics for it, or insanely good upgrades for them, or different kinds of valuable infinite use items like Spiritfalls, HURRRR
So it rewards exploration, yes.

It absolutely has better aesthetics than DS1-3. I would say about equal with BB and DeS in those terms, it has that soul to its world, where every place looks amazing.
Dark Souls trilogy story is pure trash compared to Sekiros.

If the game had more than 1 slot for skills I would make a full-on monk build.

Yeah also that. That said jump back works wonders on most bosses outside of Isshin and a few others off the top of my head.
Dude, we get it, your insecure about your favorite video game and have to shit post incessantly about it. Shut the fuck up and grow up. There is no comparison to anything in that post, now fuck off.

This is just not true. I love sekiro, but getting perfect deflects is waaaay easier than parrying in both DaS and BB. Not even saying thats a bad thing, it has to be easier because thats what the whole combat system revolves around.

No it doesn't, you can stop making the same post over and over again now. Not taking damage doesn't mean it worked, when you took posture damage.
Clearly you don't, since you are trying to deny the objective fact that Sekiro has more replay value than any other From game.

>delusional

Play more games

>this run
the weird thing i never understood about soulsfags is they don't realize the sort of people who use this terminology are less than 5% of the players of the game. Most people don't play these games more than a couple times and don't just do runs with different weapons to get a vaguely """different""" experience

What the fuck are you on about? You have no argument so you're just blasting our random shit.

Gameplay changes much more than the static 1 weapon of Sekiro. You ignoring this fact doesn't make it false. This is not an argument, bro.

Legit got punished exactly 3 times in the whole game for having my posture broken outside of a attack string. Legit had chip damage happen on one hand. Eat shit.

>spend 2 hours trying to kill nightmare
>still haven't gotten the first bar
this game sucks

*estoc

The parry window is smaller, but you don't have a big ass delay after you attempt to parry meaning it's way more forgiving and blockspamming is possible.

4 monkeys. You lose. Also if you count mini-bosses I got some bad news for you.

People are literally exclaiming one after the other that they had fun but they can't see a reason to play through it again. They didn't do this with any of the Souls games or Bloodborne. They were coming up with new and exciting ways to challenge themselves or try something new.

There's nothing new to try in Sekiro. There's no exciting challenges to overcome in Sekiro. It's the same every time you play it.

>he doesn't like popping a smoke grenade, blowing the hinges off the door, and headshotting everyone in the room

You don't need attribute points to have builds, idiot.
You could make a magic find build in Sekiro, or a stealth build, or a prosthetic build, etc.
If you had actually finished the game, you would know by end game you have like 1/4 of all the skills unlocked, which means you could have taken a large variety of other kinds of skills.

I love the game to death, but if they allowed for atleast 2/3 combat arts at a time with different styles It'd be far better, along with limited skills to really force specialization. Hopefully they do something like that in a sequel
>Monk build all about attacking posture
>Strength build all about attacking vitality
>Crowd control all about taking on multiple enemies.

lol

Dark Sword. Estoc. Embers.
I highly doubt that, and I really, REALLY dont care for 3s PvP scene. Project harder.

Attached: 1553486558771.jpg (599x396, 32K)

The ultimate problem is these choices you make with your skills do not alter the way you actually play the game enough to merit more playthroughs. This is incontestable.

>People are literally exclaiming one after the other that they had fun but they can't see a reason to play through it again. They didn't do this with any of the Souls games or Bloodborne
[sauce needed]

I was mostly just mocking your absurdly broad statement "Being able to do less means it's less complex", i thought it was stupid enough that i didn't need to explain why

Learn to read dumb 3rd world mutt. No one said timing them is not easier in Sekiro, I said the timing is stricter, which is a fact. But the timing in Sekiro is when the attack lands on you, and in Souls you have to time it at the start of the enemys attack animation, which is harder to notice.
The frame window is still smaller in Sekiro.

Dog animations, ogre running grab animations, corrupted monk stagger animations, limb stagger animations of ape boss to name a few.

This thread for starters. Feel free to read for once in your fucking life.

Hari-Kiri my friend.

You do know that around 20 nodes in those skill trees of yours are % based increases or a +1 to emblems right?

I'm dumbing down the way I'm speaking to help these retards understand.

t. retard

the fact that you think a thread on Yea Forums is anything close to an indicator of reality is a good sign that you might be mentally ill

Yeah there's very little room to leave your own personal fingerprint on combat encounters. I can't see the point in going NG+ when it's just going to be the same shit but slightly longer and more tedious

Why in the literal fuck would you ever take anyone on Yea Forums seriously? Atleast half the posts on this board is shitposting and this thread is no exception. It's literally just on the opposite spectrum of a subreddit

spam L1 and you will literally never get hit once (assuming no sweep)

You want evidence. You have evidence right in front of your face. Don't get up my ass because you don't want to look at it. I know you don't want to look at it. Your ignorance is what I'm pointing out here and you're doing a swell job helping people see I'm correct.

>I'm on NG+4 and I'm definitely running out of steam
You've played through the game four times in less than a week. No shit you're getting burned out

>I had to hit the boss 3 more times to finish it because I used a broadsword instead of a longsword waooooooo
We're done. Just like dark souls.

It is actually my screenshot you delusional retards. Here, have a different shot of my achievements with my playtime and percentage

Attached: Sekiroachievements2.png (1226x918, 125K)

I've played all the best action games, and Sekiro beats them all.
>People are literally exclaiming one after the other that they had fun but they can't see a reason to play through it again. They didn't do this with any of the Souls games or Bloodborne.
[citation needed]
Imagine making up something like this. You know what these same people were saying about Souls games years ago? Dumb fucking lying retard.
>They were coming up with new and exciting ways to challenge themselves or try something new.
Oh so like people are doing with Sekiro by playing the far, far harder NG+ modes?
>There's nothing new to try in Sekiro. There's no exciting challenges to overcome in Sekiro. It's the same every time you play it.
We get it, you're going to repeat the same lie multiple times because you are seething mad about getting cucked. We understand user, you can calm down now.

i keep watching different streamers playing and they all handle the combat differently. I think some people might just not be quick enough to follow all of the actions going on in a single combat encounter so they think that everything is happening the same way. Dunning-Kruger in effect basically.

Of course they do. It's not my fault you are exceptionally unintelligent. Far more people are replaying Sekiro than Bloodborne.

>it has that soul to its world
Didn't even bother to read the rest, if you have to use "IT HAS SOUL" as your argument it means you don't actually have one

Because most of those posts expressing this are well thought out and well constructed with reasonable, logical rationale. See
for example. This is a new poster in this thread. There have been several in this thread and others that share this mindset after playing through the game once or twice.

Oh so you wre just making a completely pointless and inane statement. Sorry, I assumed you were actyally trying to make a point.

>Watch traditionally amazing streamers taking on Owl and taking 10+ attempts
>I did it in 4
Feels good, man

Movesets are different, unlike Sekiro. Timing is different unlike Sekiro. Distance is different unlike Sekiro. Each new weapon means a new way to approach the game if you want to. That's the important part. If you want to you can. You don't get that choice in Sekiro, and that lack of a choice kills replayability.

Grandpa owl or Real owl?

You didn't name a single fucking enemy from previous games those are supposedly from retard. You have no evidence.
How about you make some comparison videos so we can laugh at how wrong you are.
You do know that that is untrue as fuck? The entire game has like 3 or 4 spirit emblem talents only

Not only is this untrue but it's absurd.

You really honestly think that shitposting only counts if they're vulgar or incomprehensible?
I could make a post shitting/loving on the game in extreme detail and not mean it and you'd probably think I'm serious because it was well-written.

>I've played all the best action games, and Sekiro beats them all.
Sounds to me like you've only played some trash like nuGoW or something and now think you actually know what you're talking about.
Ninja Gaiden Black, Bayonetta, DMC3, and DMC5 are all better.

I said we are done. Not gonna read.

If you weren't such a blatant fanboy you'd actually listen to the criticism. Things like baby-tier stealth, worse exploration, worse replayability, unbalanced shinobi tools, limited use of shinobi tools which leads to limited fighting style.

BB steam port when?

Generally speaking shitposters don't make reasonable statements because reasonable statements aren't reliable (You) farms.

So yourself? You're one guy making tons of posts in this thread, pretending like your opinion is common, while 99% of people are loving the fuck out of Sekiro and replaying it in NG+4 already and wanting more.

You can't refer to yourself as evidence for the question "where are these people you talk of".

Grandpa Owl I'll never willingly do a gank fight so I didn't bother getting past Drunkard the Second

>Far more people are replaying Sekiro
citation needed

You have really shit taste if you really think this is the best the genre has to offer.

So you admit you are wrong. Winners don't run away from an argument. If you want to win you're gonna have to put the work in, pussy. Convince me. Otherwise keep your ignorant fucking mouth shut in the first place since all you want to do is talk shit and run away.

What is the best in the genre?

As I said, I've played all the best ones. Played every one of those games you listed, and they are nowhere near as good as Sekiro. And I really consider them some of the best games ever.
They just aren't anywhere near THIS good. Objective fact.

>I have no argument

It has literally a single branching point with 4 paths that are all dead ends(and all mandatory). There's also only 1 optional area.

>99%
Will you stop shitposting? Read the fucking thread. In the time it took you to make this post someone entered this thread and said exactly what I told you people have been saying for days. They like the game but there's no reason to play through it again since the playthroughs are nearly identical no matter what they choose to do.

Repeating lies won't make them true, silly cuck
Think? What does thinking have to do with it, it's the truth. My opinions can 't influence what is true or not in this world.
Sekiro is currently the best action games can offer. I didn't say it will stay number 1 forever, but so far it is that.

kek, you didn't play shit man.

>More poster damage
>More poster damage after counter
>More gourd healing
>More gourd healing
>Plus to drop rate
>Plus to drop rate again
Need I go on?
Also if it was only 4 then it leaves you at a total of 19.

>Read the fucking thread.
All I see is you making an insane amount of posts dumbfuck
>In the time it took you to make this post someone entered this thread and said exactly what I told you people have been saying for days
No they didn't, that was you again
>They like the game but there's no reason to play through it again since the playthroughs are nearly identical no matter what they choose to do.
Not true at all, since its playthroughs are less identical than in Souls, and vast majority of people in Sekiro threads are loving their subsequent playthroughs.

Don't project, idiot. You're trying to oversimplify the gameplay in Souls games to put it on par with Sekiro as if Souls games might as well only have one weapon just like Sekiro because all of the weapons in Souls games are identical according to you. This is an insane claim. Literally nobody thinks this. Sekiro doesn't even give you a choice. It's just the katana. The presence of ANY choice is better for replayability no matter what metric you use.

shit thread lol
imagine trying to prove a point against literal whos

Attached: ludwigs.jpg (268x229, 28K)

>get BTFO
>"y-you didn't play them"
Nice argument kid.
DMC5 has an impressive variety of moves, but that's all it has and nothing else. Literally nothing else. Interactions with the enemies do not differ no matter what you do, and everything about the level design and story is a dumpster fire. It's a fun once or twice playthrough kind of 8 hour game, but it is not a game of immense replay value and depth like Sekiro, nor is the combat anywhere near as satisfying as Sekiros.

>they are scripted to see you there
No they're not. They just have good vision.

Toss up between Platinums works. NG Black is up there but its still flawed in some aspects.

Again, shit taste. Be a big man and accept I dont think your favorite action game is all that you make it out to be and move on. Or dont and debate me and prove that your insecure and farming yous. I really dont give a shit.

So you're not reading the thread even though the evidence is there. When I tell where you can find the evidence you ignore it because it doesn't line up with what you want to believe. You also don't speak on behalf of everybody here, or even the majority of people.

You're delusional and you're literally ignoring evidence to the contrary. This means your opinion is faulty. It was a conclusion reached using ignorance; not evidence. You are trying to twist the definition of replayability to make it fit your narrative when nobody here is fooled. Everybody fucking knows Sekiro has no replayability because Sekiro has no choices that can fundamentally change how you play the game. Souls games have replayability in spades because of the presence of so many choices. You can go fuck yourself, shitposting cunt.

Dude there are a fucking total like 10 fucking moves in Sekiro. It has no fucking depth. Doesn't make it bad, it's still excellent but don't go making shit up.

No one said that. I said your build in Souls uses one weapon. This is a fact. No one fucking has multiple weapons equipped that they quickswitch between, no one plays Souls like that.
>muh just katana
That you customize with different skills.
Literally more combat customization than in Souls games.

I already beat 2/4 endings and let me tell you right now not only does spamming work, it works pretty well.

>no one plays Souls like that.
I did faggot.

What? I'm talking about replayability. Nobody is acting like you're running around switching weapons a hundred times in a run.

Possible, but the same enemies in the poison area before Ape 2: Electric Boogaloo do not see you from that far.
Little boy, you haven't had anything but claims that your opinions are some kind of universal truth about Sekiro, even though the world seems to disagree with you.

>Caring about a story after a playthrough.
>Depth
Ok we get it, you think good game design is figuring out AI and nothing else. Go play a fighting game for its single player.

>o you're not reading the thread even though the evidence is there
You keep saying this even though it's literally just you and one other guy seething about the game for a hundred posts
Which is a whole fucking lot more than the "depth" in Souls games, so who's making shit up? You are.

Against what, low tier mooks? Why would that matter.
Spamming L1 does not work against minibosses or bosses. Or even some normal enemies that are just really strong, like dual wielding white monkeys.

Don't fucking respond to me if you're not going to read my post. It just illustrates how cowardly you are when you're presented with an argument. Stop being a pussy and address the points I make. They're meant to educate you, so get fucking educated.

Alright keep baiting bud.

It could be they wanted you to be under fire as you attempt to run and swing around while avoiding gunfire for that part.

>I'm so happy that Fromsoft removed builds, alternate playstyles and hard choices/replayability

based!

Ceramic and fists of ash aren't really rewards. Actually 90% of the time I got something my reaction was disappointment because none of it matters and I barely used consumables anyway.

W-We did it!

Those braindead shitters are what passes for video game players nowadays. It's despicable.

Again. I dont like it. You apparently think there is only one other person who dislikes the game and is posting in this thread. Thats not the case, look at the 115 ips if you want factual evidence of this.

Also pot meet kettle. Like goddamn your doing exactly that.