Why have tactical shooters nosedived in popularity?

Reminder that Rainbow Six Siege is considered a "tactical shooter" in 2019. Where have all the real ones gone? They were everywhere in the early/mid 2000's, but now games like Arma and SWAT are pretty niche. Is it because of consoles growing to completely dominate the games industry? Is it due to the dumbing down of the population? A mixture of the two?

Attached: gastovski, james gastovski.jpg (955x549, 140K)

The world is gay and shit. Here's an old screen of an Arma 2 briefing shortly before it was abandoned for 3 and everything was ruined forever the end.

Those janky ass shoulder mounted chemlights were so fucking kino. Rip in peace.

Attached: 2015-05-09_00001.jpg (1920x1200, 541K)

Large pool of consumers = the average consumer is a casual consumer = the most profitable products are by the numbers, bland, ect.

You can see this in every industry, and with every market/hobby the suddenly becomes "big". The influx of those only casually interested effects what sells, what trends companies follow.

The niche stuff will (hopefully) always exist.

The cynical part of me hopes the industry crashes harder than the 80s, and everyone fucks off to some new fad. But who knows.

Attached: 9a8vP2bmGn1jPAcQrckyniI-dEm2nYvUegPu1YcUizE.jpg (800x800, 109K)

I think its a mixed of people not wanting or enjoying that kind of game or wanting a faster or "easier" type of game with the game scripting more "epic" stuff for the player think of the end of raven shield vs Vegas 1

Or old com vs new com

I don't get it. What the fuck /is/ it that makes Arma 3 so much shittier than Arma 2?

Attached: arma.png (324x354, 10K)

if it ever crashed the only things left would be gacha and mobile shit

The movement, BIS's implementation of body armor, and the setting.

no soul

And the ragdoll. Death animations were more convincing.

I unironically enjoy ArmA 3 despite its many development issues.
It could have so much better though.

Here is to ArmA 4/whatever happening.

Only bros played Arma 2 and I don't mean dudebros. Anyway Arma 3 is too visually busy and everything is a bullet sponge. Arma 2 was just simpler times. It wasn't bogged down with BS. People weren't forcing it to be more and more advanced. It was just Arma 2.

I hope there never is an Arma 4. The general consensus (among the types of people who play shit like KOTH and Life) is that Arma 3 is an objective improvement over Arma 2 in every way. BIS will take that as permission to further casualize Arma 4.

>inb4 HURRR ARMA 3 IS GOOD WITH MODS!
3's problems extend beyond it's near future setting.

People say they hate casual shit like COD and realistic shooters are god tier.

But then they play red Orchestra or Insurgency and realize they are not actually that great and get pissed off so they go back to COD.

>Reminder that Rainbow Six Siege is considered a "tactical shooter" in 2019
No series has been as raped and abused as Rainbow Six. A tactical shooter was turned into a Gears of War clone, and then into a fucking Overwatch hero shooter.

I miss playing Insurgency (gamemode) on Arma 2 with the boys. I used to put up a server over the summer and we'd get a lot of cool dudes joining and having a good time shooting/being hajis.
Vegas did nothing wrong.

Attached: 33930_screenshots_20160923154050_1.jpg (1920x1080, 396K)

Those games are competitive camp fests. Bro-op or nothing.

Pc exclusives in general nosedived in popularity.

>and realize they are not actually that great
This is the barrier between casual normalfags who want instant gratification, and people who actually like video games. As long as everyone is playing by the game's rules, losing is fun and makes you better at the game with experience. Some of the best moments I've had in Arma are where my plan totally went to shit.

This is actually the worst and I know to much faggots who act like this.

Playing RB6:3 was some of best times of my life. It's a real shame what has happened to it. It could be worse I guess but the essence has already been lost.

>plays RS2 Vietnam
>"Yeah, I'm big into milsim"

Now I know some people will hate but I think Rising storm 2 and insurgency sandstorm are not that good. PVP tactical shooters are fucking cancer where you must learn how far you can break the mechanics to your advantage

Single player and coop are fine

>Vegas did nothing wrong.
It was trash. It killed the online RB6 community that existed before. I tried to replay it the other day and just everything about it was awful. The sounds, the models, the movement.

>Vegas did nothing wrong.
It was passable for a console "tactical shooter", but completely unacceptable given the context of being a RAINBOW SIX GAME.

Milsims are fun but they're still a hard sell for people interested in the genre. If you play it for what it's worth it becomes a team/clan oriented sort of thing and it requires a devotion to the game.

>I think Rising storm 2 and insurgency sandstorm are not that good
Based. Arma (OFP ---> Arma 2) is the quintessential tactical shooter.

I can't get into RS3. I don't even find it particularly difficult, it's just that firefights are over in half a second and the AI doesn't do shit but shoot quickly and accurately.

Because they are cancer you should think something is wrong when people every match we’re actively always switch to defense just so thier KD ratios stay positive.

>it requires a devotion to the game.
Once again highlighting the difference between normalfags who just want a "fun timewaster" and people who actually like video games.
>lol, dumb virgin you must have no life
>flight sims are so autistic, LOL!

Red Orchestra is not even realistic you could run around and hip fire the mg42 perfectly. Rising storm 2 is worse every one has automatics

>it's just that firefights are over in half a second
Kind of like real SWAT raids.