Backseat gaming

Can one of you kids that watches nothing but twitch define "backseat gaming" for me? I've seen tons of streams where people get banned for dumb shit like the streamer being 100% wrong about a mechanic and getting corrected, or the streamer will literally say out loud "I wonder if X can do Y" or "how do I X" and someone will answer and get banned.

Then on other streams with "No backseat gaming" in the rules list people are telling the streamer what path to take and what to equip and he's fucking fine with it

What in the fuck is backseat gaming and why are people on twitch if they don't want the chat to talk about the fucking game being played

Attached: twitch-manvsgame.png (1440x821, 344K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/zylpherenuis/clip/WittyMoldyPanLitty
twitch.tv/zylpherenuis/clip/BlushingEntertainingAlmondDxAbomb
twitch.tv/zylpherenuis/clip/FamousHilariousHedgehogNomNom
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no backseat gaming basically equates to "do not make me feel dumb for being bad at the game"

its to protect their fragile egos that they are not immediately perfect at a game.

its when someone beside you is commenting on shit while you play

its doent work for streaming because you shouldnt be reading chat if you dont want help

>watching twitch streamers
well there's your first fault friend

>its when someone beside you is commenting on shit while you play
So any conversation at all about the game is backseat gaming? These fags expect their chat to what, be completely silent? Do nothing but fellate them with nonspecific flattery?

Attached: funnybutsad.gif (446x324, 3.79M)

People who bitch about backseating want to have their cake and eat it too. They want to enjoy the game they're playing, but they also want to make money by streaming it online. They constantly bitch and moan and bleat about how the people watching them are talking about the game when they're voluntarily reading it. They know it will happen, so instead of turning the chat off or god forbid playing the game offline to enjoy it first they try to control the actions and behavior of up to several thousand people at once.

Man is notorious for flipping his shit for this and it's one of the major reasons why he's not as popular as he could be. His overwhelming negativity towards people who are doing exactly what you would expect people to do destroys any momentum he could hope to gain from twitch.

Mother fuckers need to lighten up.

Attached: 1368408056521.jpg (960x716, 102K)

I stopped watching ManVsGame because every time someone does any degree of backseat he loses his shit and then throws a tantrum for like half an hour about how much he hates backseating and it's so awkward seeing a grown man like that. And it gets even worse when the chat start sucking up to him like beta orbiters and white knights and making donations just to say how right he is like if it were some kind of cult

Attached: 543222.jpg (1073x832, 40K)

if they are gaming and dont have a human person SPEAKING near them there is no backseat gaming going on

text on a screen you can IGNORE isnt. if you are streaming you KNOW there are gonna be people to tell you what to do and you can control that (by not looking at all or ignore them)

if you cant handle that maybe you shouldnt be streaming if you want to socailize instead

Attached: smileee.jpg (479x470, 17K)

>ManVsGame retardation
I remember when he first started playing Demon's Souls. He was literally running in circles for 15 minutes on 2-1 and going "SHOULD I GO THROUGH THE GATE OR BACKTRACK" and finally someone in chat said "Just fight the fucking spider already"

He literally screamed, turned off the game, and ranted at the camera for the next 45 minutes before taking a break to I guess do drugs or something.

That man definitely looks like he took some shit that gave him swiss-cheese brain.

Pretty much, they expect people watching to not comment on what they are watching.

I've always viewed it as people yelling at the tv or something, except here the tv can actually see what it is you're saying. Obviously if someone is spamming chat 200 times with the same thing that's an issue but yeah, commenting on what the streamer should be doing or is doing wrong isn't bad yet many streamers get ultra triggered by it.

It's a case by case basis though, some get bothered by it because they demand an iron rule over their chat, others don't give a fuck.

Apparently he did abuse speed for years while streaming. I watched him stream his breakdown admitting this and crying for a few hours.

>itt
Of course Yea Forums is full of backseat niggers

No one wants to have some sperg in chat telling you how to play. No one cares if the streamer is playing ti "wrong". No one cares that the next boss after this one is "so much harder, bro. Can't wait hee hee ;) ". If you have to ask if something is a spoiler, it probably is, you waste of space.

wasn't his whole thing that he was an EX-junkie and that he was streaming in part to stay on the horse?

1/10 try harder

>No one wants to have some sperg in chat telling you how to play
I don't give a fuck. If I wanted to enjoy a game without someone interacting with me I wouldn't be streaming it in the first place. If I'm streaming then there's certain things I'm going to expect. People talking about the game I'm playing is one of them.

I don't know. I stopped watching him years ago. His bitch of a wife had the audacity to time me out and then start arguing with me in whispers over some SJW shit. Then when I wouldn't agree with her after threatening me through her authority she banned me.

This guy goes especially crazy when people try to backseat. His voice somehow gets annoying too

>Backseat gaming
it's a term used in place of "I'm too stupid to know how to do something but to egotistical to admit I'm bad" because "backseat gaming" is shorter

>all these butthurt backseaters that got banned from their favorite streamer's chatroom
I knew this place was full of rednames

>Streamer: Hey this weapon's name is colored, I wonder what that means
>Chat: -breakdown of colored rarity-
>STOP BACKSEATING THIS IS A NO SPOILERS BLIND RUN MODS TIME HIM OUT I NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS INSTEAD OF PLAYING THE GAME

Attached: gxGgzXt.gif (720x404, 3.42M)

It's funny to see random people who did the same exact thing I did. I used to love his stream for Souls games and I laughed the first time I saw him freak out, but then I realized he was serious and it just disturbed me how fucking nuts he is about it.

I also hate how many breaks he takes while streaming. I tried watching his Sekiro stream and every time he died he took like 5 minutes to read donations and thank subscribers. I don't know how people watch him anymore.

Hey, man. If you don't want to listen to people when you play then you shouldn't expect to make money off of playing games in public. It's one or the other. Trying to control your entire audience to do the exact opposite of what they want to do isn't going to get you anywhere as a streamer. You need to let some shit go or your audience leaves and only the cucks stay. Cucks like you that enjoy watching someone act confused for half an hour when they missed something important because they were jerking themselves off over a $5 donation message instead of paying attention.

>I've seen tons of streams where people get banned for dumb shit like the streamer being 100% wrong about a mechanic and getting corrected, or the streamer will literally say out loud "I wonder if X can do Y" or "how do I X" and someone will answer and get banned.
>Then on other streams with "No backseat gaming" in the rules list people are telling the streamer what path to take and what to equip and he's fucking fine with it
Backseating is literally this. E.g. for souls shit it's stuff like telling them where storm ruler is in the yhorm fight instead of letting them work it out for themselves.
Whether or not they lose their shit over it depends on how they feel at the time in particular, how comprehensive the backseating is and who exactly is doing the backseating. For example grill mods that do it are thanked rather than banned, and even chat favourites who get banned the streamer will literally tell their mods on stream to revert it.
That's why its hard to identify OP, certain behaviour constitutes backseating except for when the streamer doesn't feel like it does.

Don't forget the
>2 hour monologue at the start of every stream and eventual shitstorm if anyone dares to ask him when he's going to start playing

Attached: 1484808852514.jpg (600x799, 55K)

some people define it as telling the player what to do, some define it as telling the player literally anything about the game at all that they aren't already aware of

it's mostly a zoomer thing anyway because they can't fathom that someone could possibly enjoy playing a game without using a guide to tell them everything about it first or looking everything up online

Wrong about the zoomer shit.

Just spam emotes and lul, bro.
Or don't watch people like ManchildVsChat and find a streamer who can handle the bants.

Pure unfiltered narcissism. But he has charisma and he knows it, and it works because he's rich.

Attached: SHMgPgx.jpg (944x922, 56K)

I don't watch any personalities, I watch specific games I'm into at the moment.

Sometimes the chat is full of people talking about the game and giving tips to each other and streamer and it's all good and then sometimes streams are nazi germany

It's just a psychological thing period, I think. If you see someone struggling with something, isn't it natural to attempt to help them if you can?

That's why I don't understand streamers who get so frustrated about it, because they have to understand it's not coming out of a place of maliciousness. If you are streaming a game to an audience on Twitch, that is your JOB, it is not for fun. Your enjoyment doesn't matter - it is about the enjoyment of your audience.

It's strange people can't understand the most basic level of respecting a playthrough without meta gaming them.
Not saying most streams aren't dilude but my understanding is just restrain from giving any direct advice about anything the person shouldn't know unless asked for directly. (hidden items, locations, boss mechanics, ect.)
Most people don't care if you talk about a game in their stream as long as you take not of where they are and don't openly speak about upcoming parts without at least being cryptic.
Anyone being upset at this is literally just a tweaking autist that can't handle someone else playing a game differently then how they would.

>anyone not adhering to my strict personal standards for spoilers or "backseat gaming" in the public chat of a twitch stream is a tweaking autist
literally no u

Attached: 1392228465874.gif (390x277, 2.31M)

Overcoming something challenging is the point of from soft games. Giving them direct advice ruins that feeling of overcoming the mountain.
While it may seem in good will you have to realize most streamers overreact to be entertaining (personally think overreaction is cringe but I respect the medium)

Dude its just being respectful to a minimum degree. It's not that hard to comprehend etiquette.

You should expect people to behave however they please. Expecting your arbitrarily chosen rules to change that is a mistake.

>I assume my personal standards are absolute
Literally autism.

Rational people don't interpret someone trying to help someone when they're struggling as disrespect. They don't get enraged at someone feeling this compulsion to help them.

>not talking about the video game being played in a twitch stream is "basic etiquette"

Attached: 1510930230115.gif (499x488, 98K)

>It's strange people can't understand the most basic level of respecting a playthrough without meta gaming them.

Yeah, let's stream for thousands of people and expect nothing of them, they HAVE to follow my rules, that's why I'm streaming, to have a cattle.

It is respectful to ask someone if they want assistance first. It doesn't really matter if you understand it or not anyway, just get banned and go watch someone else who has rules more to your liking. The streamer won't miss you and you will be happier in a chatroom with less strict rules.

Why doesn't he play alone then ?
Without a crowd ?
Seems like getting on fire and not wanting to get burned.

backseat gaming is when you tell someone who's bad / garbage at something how to improve and they get upset

twitch streamers hate it because they can't sit and pretend to be a fucking idiot like Aris

>Why doesn't he play alone then ?
because its his career to stream and he needs to eat

What NOT streaming in the first place ? They can ban whoever they want, they will just be another run of the mill underachiever streamer.

It has nothing to do with respect, especially when the rule itself is so ill-defined and the entire culture of twitch is talking about a game being streamed

>it's his career
Then his enjoyment and comfort is tertiary at best to that of his viewers.

i'm not asking someone for permission to talk about what's on the screen you dumb faggot

>because its his career to stream and he needs to eat
>Let's ban people who try to help
>This will help my career

Well if they want to be dumb... whatever.

ok then you will get banned and go to a different stream, what exactly is the problem here?

>Then his enjoyment and comfort is tertiary at best to that of his viewers.
overcoming the game without outside help is part of the entertainment for his viewers
just because one autismo wants to try and walk him through the game doesn't mean he has to keep that one around

there is no problem. the thread is a discussion on bitch-made niggas and we're discussing them.

>even fucking yahtzee and the game grumps will take advice from twitch chat
>but RationalBumfuckGamer will spend 20 minutes screaming and taking poppers if someone dares to tell him what a button on his controller does
>"it's just basic respect bro"

Attached: fuckyou.gif (320x600, 119K)

again
helping him get through the game faster isn't helping him streaming
in fact dying and failing a bit can be decent entertainment compared to just steamrolling it

yet you guys shit talk DSP all the time

>overcoming the game without outside help is part of the entertainment for his viewers
Then they'd be watching a VOD

Attached: andersoncooperistiredofyourshit.gif (220x212, 86K)

Many people replying must of not read what I said.
People don't care if you talk about the game but I don't get what's so hard about not speaking directly of shit they closely haven't gotten to.
You are taking it as limiting your speech but it's actually just contraianism at that point if it's just you being told/asked not to do something only to retort spitefully with exactly what they asked not to.
It's really not that hard, and I'm not defending some streamers they really are just spergs but I mean don't devolve yourself to meaningless confrontation

dumb fucking annoying kid doesn't know when he's being a dumb fucking annoying kid
literally comes to Yea Forums to ask not how to be a cunt

why dont you fuck off back along to your twitch chats kid, and stay there?

i bet you are one of those dense fucking cunts you literally see all like
>omg stop talking and play
>wen will you start game?
>omg gogogogo START FFS!!!!

nobody likes you and you dont know how to not act like a cunt, thats why you keep getting banned every stream you go to. nobody wants to be your daycare and nobody wants you around. sit down and learn to shut the fuck up.

>overcoming the game without outside help is part of the entertainment for his viewers

Not when hes a dumb fuck who can't play for shit, I'd rather watch someone who gets shit done and still knows how to get advice, funny enough they are the most successful ones.

well it obviously works for DSP since you know of him and he still pulls viewers

Backseat gaming usually means that guy who keeps yelling "advice" and such while you play.
In other words, an a-hole
You should know the difference between friend helping and talking with you while you play, and the annoying a-hole who keeps yelling what to do and how to play.

>not speaking directly of shit they closely haven't gotten to.
So you're talking about spoilers now?

What's the relevance? I'm not even that user.

>people get banned for dumb shit like the streamer being 100% wrong about a mechanic and getting corrected
this is the mind of an autist

>I've seen tons of streams
Fuck off

he can still interact with chat and shit while they stream
christ its like this entire thread is just boomers

Advice won't make him good at the game, but will help a moron progress through an area that hes been stuck for half an hour and it isn't fun anymore.

>all these crying bitches
damn sounds like some cucks wasted 5 dollars on a sub only kike streamer and then got shitcanned

projecting / seething

aris sub

If you don't know the difference between discussion about what's happening and blatantly spoiling things in the game, you probably have autism.

Story spoilers are one thing, advice about an area or mechanic is another.

The funny thing is watch how hypocritical streamers are when it comes to backseating. Like one streamer will rant about backseating only to suckle chats dick the next day as he tries to learn factorio.

I don't use mobile often and don't know how to tag multiple people on this app sorry

You're damn right I will get on someone's ass for sitting in a game's category for an hour and not playing the game. They should be in IRL or just chatting if they want to circle jerk with their fucboi fanclub.

Hey alright keep it down.

Its amusing how annoyed streamers get when you try to help or tell them something. Like almost every streamer hates it and some ban for it

>trying to find gameplay of a new game just released
*blocks your path*

Attached: CohhCarnage.png (410x410, 122K)

>Many people replying must of not read what I said.
We read it, despite the misspellings and grammar mistakes

You're not getting it. We don't care that a streamer wants to not be spoiled or not be told how things work or what to do when they're purposely reading their twitch chat. It's like running into the street in front of a speeding van and going I HAVE A RIGHT TO NOT BE RUN OVER REEEEEEE

To be fair, streamers are entertainers not gamers. What might be optimal could be very boring to watch.

>People are there to see game
>Streamer takes time to start game
>People can't complain about the shitty stream.

It's their loss...

Shut the fuck up and play the goddamned video game already you fart-smelling piece of human garbage no one cares about your dipshit cult of personality for tweens

>I want to stream myself playing a video game and talk with people who are watching me play that video game
>BUT NOBODY BETTER TALK ABOUT THE VIDEO GAME I'M PLAYING

So the streamers have autism then?

Attached: jay.gif (294x197, 942K)

>One person
>On a sea of people
>Is telling me how to play

Oh no... what am I gonna do ?

see

ban that ass

>see the post you quoted

Attached: 1419190745461.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

We aren't talking about spoiling story here, read OP again.

seeif you still don't get it then just put a hole in your head

Alright with me dude, less money for him and the streamer has less people watching him.
It's a lose-lose situation.

spoiling the gameplay or combat is the same as spoiling the story

banning one whiny kid isn't a lose for him

>Watching Pat streaming
>Give him advice on how you can eavesdrop NPCs to get more story.
>Does that
>Thanks me

Oh look, a reasonable person.

>what the fuck dude why won't it work I'm pressing the button
>"you have to hold it"
>"hold it"
>"hold it down Kappa"
FUCKING REEEEEEEEEE NO BACKSEAT GAMING MODS BAN THEM NOW
NO MORE GAMEPLAY I NEED TO SHOUT ABOUT THIS FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES
WHERE'S MY FUCKING ADDERALL

>spoiling the gameplay or combat

Ok, just keep being a retard at the game, will work just great for them.

>action game streams
>NO STOP TELLING ME HOW GAMES WORK I WANT TO MASH THE BUTTON
>fighting game streams
>Oh shit thanks for the tech, chat!
Literally the only time the FGC is superior

DSP is that you

Attached: freakingout.gif (320x180, 1.56M)

>whiny

It's their job they can run it on the ground for all I care.

stop helping people when they don't ask for help you mongoloid

I watched him once playing dark souls 2 I think. Some dude in the chat says something like "I liked using this weapon during my playthrough" and the dude fucking lost it. He shit talked the guy for a good 10 minutes and then cried about back seating for more than 30. I was fucking amazed. You kinda think he's just laying it thick as a form of entertainment but he was genuinely seething. I guess he knows he's fucking trash at games, a shitty human bean and hopped up on goofbaals so getting called out, even if its just in his own mind sends him into a rage.

Attached: Shut up BITCH!.jpg (1308x1028, 42K)

It's like backseat driving, when the passenger gives directions, except with video games. And it's one of the biggest problems with streaming. It diminishes the streamer's enjoyment of the game, which reduces the entertainment value of the stream. Most of the guys who do it are also morons who are merely copy/pasting information from other websites or wikis. It's this weird segment of the population that actually goes out of their way to tell the streamer what to do. If I were a streamer I would absolutely be banning any backseaters. They can always be unbanned in a day or a week.

>Can one of you kids that watches nothing but twitch define "backseat gaming" for me?
Sure. There's two definitions.
What the rule SHOULD be is "don't tell the streamer what to do in the game". As in, don't give him orders and expect him to obey.
What the rule unfortunately often is in practice is "don't talk about the game at all or I'll have one of my tantrums again".

Retard, give up, even a simple concept like backseat gaming is too much for you

>I can't read
cool story, bro

>action game streams

I woudn't say action games, but Max and Pat are really chill with advice.
They even try some stupid shit people come up with.

>different people act differently
>different people interpret made up internet slang differently
>this baffles anons

>some people are faggots
>some people are streamers
>some people are both
>this baffles anons

I really just think he has meth-brain and somehow that became one of his triggers

Oh look, a retard.

I watch Bananasaurus Rex sometimes because our game tastes overlaps but that guy is the worst about this. He's constantly just laying into people for giving the slightest suggestion. Watching Sekiro was the worst because he kept asking for help too, and then getting mad when somebody gave him too much detail.

Very reasonable post, that i agree with.

>(backseat gaming is) one of the biggest problems with streaming
>talking about video games is one of the biggest problems with streaming yourself playing video games

Attached: 1372344194578.gif (480x320, 2.99M)

>user's post implies he watches twitch
>his tone implies he's superior to people who watch twitch
lmao. imagine hating yourself as much as op

>What the rule unfortunately often is in practice is "don't talk about the game at all or I'll have one of my tantrums again".

Thanks, that's just it.

It's not discussion as much as ordering around or offering help when none is wanted. If you could handle something, but I kept asking if you were ok and offering tips/tricks, you'd get irritated.

It's what I said, be whoever you want to be, it would just affect your onw job being a retard on stream.

>Streamer cock sucker.

Hide your power level user.

Vinny's DMC5 stream was surprisingly god-tier

I just watch titty streamers. They don't play games so they never cry about back seaters.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-26-18h44m47s071.png (1280x720, 987K)

>If you could handle something, but I kept asking if you were ok and offering tips/tricks, you'd get irritated.
That's mighty presumptive of you - that the people offering help are always doing so in the absence of need or request, that they are offering help at all and not simply discussing the game, and that I'd be mad if someone offered me information I already knew.

Not to mention there's no requirement to read your stream chat

>user projects his insecurities on to my post
>his poor reading comprehension doesn't even allow him to fully grasp the simple implications of my post
user I hate to break it to you but I don't watch streams.

I don't mind backseat gaming. As long as they put challenges instead such as get here without web
twitch.tv/zylpherenuis/clip/WittyMoldyPanLitty

or Do this glitch and fuck over this boss or die being a thicc angel.
twitch.tv/zylpherenuis/clip/BlushingEntertainingAlmondDxAbomb

Hilarity ensues when someone in chat tells me to pick up a bike to slam it against Majima. Well....
I have laughs
twitch.tv/zylpherenuis/clip/FamousHilariousHedgehogNomNom

As long as its not handholding throughout the entire game. I am OK with a bit of hints and such. After all I like my viewers to be part of the play.

Attached: ZylpheRenuis.jpg (500x500, 42K)

REEE WHY WON'T THE WHITE KNIGHTS STOP GIVING HER MONEY SO SHE'LL DO PORN

I gave specific reasons though. Change my mind.

True words.
They have ways to mitigate that shit too. Sub only, Follow only, timers, moderators.. Streamers who get butthurt over their chat are the softest skinned bitches ever made.

>unironically using a con man's rhetorical techniques

Attached: gtfo.gif (280x170, 902K)

she said she doesn't play just dance anymore because of perverts like you

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-28-21h02m11s833.png (1280x720, 955K)

Amazing how disingenuous this thread is. Imagine trying to figure something out on your own in front of an audience that wants to see somebody’s blind run through a game, for example, and some nigger from Yea Forums is sperging out in chat spoiling the solution instead of letting it play out naturally. That’s backseating, and you’re an annoying cunt if you do it.

If somebody wants input from a third party, they will ask for it. Nobody is stopping you from talking about the game or what’s happening, but don’t pretend you’re being oppressed in Twitch chat because you’re spoiling something for somebody and getting banned for it.

Any vids of ManVsBackseatGaming? For all the talk of half-hour rages, he either had them taken down off of youtube or there's no uploads.

>not handholding

The thing is, it's never handholding, you should see the overreactions some streamers have.

The reasonable definition is "let me play at my own pace and don't try to direct my playthrough", while the unreasonable definition is

>OP describes X happening
>NO ONE IS DOING X
cool story, bro

Attached: F5.gif (540x300, 364K)

>she said she doesn't play just dance anymore because of perverts like you
>When she shows her body to gain money

Alright then.

There are unofficial uploads of his streams on youtube but it looks like they're pruned of any breaks or freakouts.

Thing is, I only watch people capable of doing blind runs, because they're able to be good at the fucking game and keep it entertaining, watching a retard play will only make people want to move on with it already.

>10 hour stream condensed into 10 minutes of actual gameplay

Attached: itspayne2.jpg (484x682, 48K)

>I probably have.

I told the dude playing a Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles that the boss resembles that of Secret of Mana Lagoon Boss and he straight up bans me for an hour then goes on talking about how its backseating since there are similarities about it.

I mean damn. I didn't say how to beat the monster I just said it resembles that of this.

Attached: Salabog_Sprite.png (144x190, 3K)

You joke but they're about half as long as the original VOD's

Secret of Evermore* Fuck why did I say Mana?

Anyone that complains about backseat gaming can easily solve the problem by just not broadcasting themselves playing the game live or by enabling sub-only or emote-only chat, but they won't, because they are sellouts and only care about making those fat Twitchbux. Avoid such people at all costs.

Anyone ever act like you're backseating and just make some random shit up so that the streamer gets angry at you for no reason so you can smug the fuck out of them afterwards?

That's what retards can't see, some streamers just can't be streamers at all, they don't understand how it works.
They are unable to filter retards mentally, they can't filter people talking shit mentally, they're in the wrong fucking job.

>Avoid such people at all costs.

God knows I do user, there are some really good streamers out there tho, some really chill dudes.

Well I had someone yesterday who asked if they could simply challenge me at Puyo Puyo X Tetris when I was trying to play through the adventure mode. I said sure to humor him then I see his level is way above mine and once he made a chain after 8 seconds of play I simply SD'd and just went back to single player. Shruging saying I am not skilled enough to challenge you. You are the winner by defualt and any playing against you at this time is not worth it.

The viewer said. Ok. I know I am not an expert at Puyo Puyo X Tetris but I will not struggle to go up against an opponant who is in the top 25 of the leaderboards of the game when I simply just started out on the game.

Attached: BALLS.jpg (2480x1748, 594K)