Why do some Sonic games have humans in them, and others don't?

Why do some Sonic games have humans in them, and others don't?

Attached: d97z20a-a31fa143-5d9d-4c09-9876-afa2eb2fd8ca.png (930x570, 383K)

sonic sucks

Because the setting is completely inconsistent across regions, adaptation and even from game to game. Ever notice that the moon has been whole since 2006?

This, wasn't the moon exploded in SA2 anyway?

>Sonic Adventure 1, 2, Shadow the Hedgehog (and Sonic Heroes, sort of) explicitly share a story
>Sonic 06 takes place in what appears to be Final Fantasy, but Shadow's story implies he works for GUN
>Sonic Unleashed takes place on Pixar-styled Not-Earth
>Sonic Generations implied that every game is canon and characters remember them
>Sonic Forces is set in a world populated entirely by Sonic-style furries with no humans BUT Chaos from SA1 is there and Sonic recognizes it

I'm so confused

Attached: d6lsqgo-287166db-0130-4fdc-a985-f3c50bae8d33.png (2000x700, 1M)

eggman is a human too

According to Takashi Izuka. The moon simply rotated. That why you see a full moon during Shadow the Hedgehog.

>caring about Sonic lore

Attached: 1533067250108.jpg (640x479, 70K)

Well you see my guy, back in 1999, Sonic Team was snorting all the cocaine and generally had no idea what they were doing. They decided they had to put Sonic in the "real world" because games had to be realistic and shit. They were trying to chase popular trends too, which is why you can see inspirations from Halo, GTA San Andreas, and Tony Hawk games in Shadow the Hedgehog.

Eventually, Sonic Team stopped doing so much cocaine and that's why we stopped seeing Sonic with humans since Sonic Colors. And that's how it should be! Eggman should be the only human. Why is he the only human? That's not important my dude. Not everything has to be explained.

based

Adventure 1-'06 is about as far as they went actively trying to keep a storyline going. It was damn good for some characters' development, not so good for others.

You are an idiot.

Sonic team never stopped doing Cocaine.

No U.

FUCKING MOBIANS

GET OFF MY PLANET

Attached: team furaffinity.png (337x507, 67K)

Because Sonic team are backpeddling super hard on their own inconsistent non-world building

Why is it not important to explain why Eggman is the only human, but super important that humans DO NOT exist in the Sonic universe?

Because they make individual games based on what they think is cool without regard for what happened previously, and only delusional autists with no life give a shit.

I'm guessing they don't consider good gameplay cool.

That's the spirit!

Attached: Remove furfag.png (489x288, 177K)

Sonic 1, 2, 3, CD, Knuckles - Isolated areas without humans

Adventure 1, 2, Shadow, 06, Unleashed - You visit areas with Humans

Forces - You only see one city and it's an animal town.

None of these things contradict each other. Some Sonic games take place in Human areas, some don't. Unless they retcon it and show Station square featuring only animals, it's fine.

Not sure what the confusion is.

Sonic was its best when it was an Americana set piece.

Prove me wrong.

We dont even get to see the whole world in Forces. No reason for all the Unleashed cities to not still be there so just assume they all here.

Green Hill not being on South Island is a bigger issue

anyone else find it amazing how even that turd sonic x did a better job of explaining shit like this

Shadow actually has a complete arc from SA2 to 06 that's pretty compelling. Pretty much nobody else escapes that series of games without looking like a complete retard.

Sonic Unleashed had humans in it and it was fine. They were all stylized and they didn't look out of place at all.

Also, getting Eggman's backstory in SA2 made him a more compelling character.

No because I don't really care about the minutia of Sonic's ecosystem and his relation to it, I just wanna run around loop de loops and shit.

>Mario goes to new place and meets new species who have never been seen before but assumed to always be there
"This is fine"

>Sonic goes to a new place with Humans, a race of which the villain has been one since day 1
"WHAT THE FUCK SONIC TEAM RETCONS WHY ARE THERE HUMANS NOW???"

Literally no different.
Just because we don't see Piantas in every game since Sunshine doesn't mean they're suddenly non-canon

Tails' development over the course of the series is pretty nice, but it mostly shows in dialogue pieces and it lacks that shining dramatic moment that highlights his growth and maturity compared to the cowardly hanger-on at the beginning of SA1.

Because it's a videogame retard.

I don't care about the finer points of Mario's setting or the characterization of its inhabitants because Nintendo doesn't care either. Sonic Team has invested effort into fleshing out Sonic's setting, but it's often stylistically inconsistent and scattershot. By far the most egregious example of this is Knuckles and the Master Emerald. They emphasize constantly in every game from his intro in Sonic 3 to Sonic Adventure 2 how tied Knuckles is to Angel Island and his duty as the guardian of the Master Emerald and starting with Heroes, they don't even bother to mention the thing anymore. It's distracting by its absence.

There's other examples but that's the worst one.

I can imagine that by the end of SA2 they were tired of tying the master emerald into the plot in order to drag Knux out of his hermit cave to go along with the rest of the party.

Yeah, but Mario has NEVER attempted a consistent story. Sonic sort of tries to do 'both' and it ends up confusing.

For example, Sonic Heroes basically has no plot until Team Dark's ending, which is confusing as hell if you haven't played SA2.

Attached: elise.png (700x499, 108K)

based

Attached: 1225141098527.png (329x191, 77K)

Left or right?

middle

You're probably right. But just ignoring it in every appearance he has afterwards is bad storytelling. You don't get to come up with a character, define the major aspects of the character and then just decide it's too inconvenient and ignore it.

That's what people are talking about when they say the setting is inconsistent. Every game feels like a do-over, which makes it especially distracting when they dredge up old elements like old bosses in Forces or the Wisps in every game since Colors. What the hell are they still doing here? The answer is, "People liked Colors so we're gonna use the thing from the game people liked.", but there's no reason for them to be there and their execution in the post-Colors games is clunky at best.

doesn't really have anything to do with what I said but okay

Sonic lives in the kind of universe where the President can have a catgirl for a daughter. Don't think too hard about it.

Attached: 09301.gif (480x358, 2.09M)

Man I'd rather humans just be there for no reason than how fucking Sonic X handled them.
It's a complete non-issue, Sonic has much bigger problems than some stupid lore shit. The plot of a Sonic game could be Tails got AIDS and Sonic has to search the world for a cure and it wouldn't make a difference in the scheme of things because the gameplay would still be shit.

>don't think too hard about it
>especially don't think about how the president himself has no cat features whatsoever
>especially don't think about what his wife must looks like for his daughter to have that many cat features despite her father having none

Attached: tails is scared.png (250x226, 78K)

This anime isn't canon.

Attached: 1552432173468.gif (387x283, 3.81M)

Attached: kenshirosurprise.jpg (640x480, 101K)

Don't worry about it. No one at Sonic Team knows either.
>but Iizuka said
He spouts a lot of off the cuff nonsense to placate the hardcore autists. It's obvious to anyone with a brain that he's just making shit up as he goes. Why anyone takes what he says regarding Sonic """"""""""canon"""""""""""" seriously it beyond me. Aside from pure, unadulterated autism, of course.

Attached: 1545584751919.png (1024x768, 469K)