Team Ninja never should've tried returning the favor when FROM ripped off Ninja Gaiden

Team Ninja never should've tried returning the favor when FROM ripped off Ninja Gaiden.
Compare these two videos:
>Initial release date: June 3, 2008
youtu.be/u9G4Fpig_F0
Initial release date: January 29, 2009
youtu.be/buM7Ibjz2BU

Attached: Ryu Hayabusa.png (724x1000, 466K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FIvfavFGH5I
pastebin.com/FPsAvKr1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>ninja blade
literally who?

man ninja blade was fucking terrible
I was at least expecting a fun-enough NGlite or DMC-like game with funnybad acting but jesus christ
Its so janky and glitchy and boring and infuriating with the qtes
the game crashed on me twice every fucking mission, and 6 times during the final battle
I got caught in geometry and fell through the floor countless times
it is the single most cancer infested qte game i have ever played, its so fucking terrible

fuck everyone who recomend this piece of shit, its not a "hidden gem" or a "cult classic", its fucking trash

Isn't that basically what they did with Nioh? Also It never fully dawned on me just how bad the Souls series crippled From software. I want them to make games like this and armored core again.

A significant part of From's pre-Souls catalog is fucking garbage. Yeah, there's some cool shit like Otogi in there, but most of it is jank.

Attached: 1553757445305.jpg (220x315, 24K)

kuon was cool to me, as a fan of RE, i only finished the red lady campaign tho, i started the other one but i left it for a few weeks and when i came back i had no idea what to do
I have to restart her campaign and finish it some time...

It's fucking bizarre how Team Ninja games are trying to copy From's games while From did the exact opposite. I understand TN's struggle for financial success and acclaim, they really don't get the recognition they deserve but it's like they are going backwards now. Maybe they are forced to chase market trends while From is not, but it's the wrong move in the long run in my opinion.

Attached: Don't mind me, just pirating this kunoichi.png (1920x1080, 2.03M)

That's exactly what I mean with them "returning the favor", yeah.
FROM fell from the sky, when they flew their soulsborne wings so high.
Fans of AC and NG alike have been shafted.
Worst yet, both of them are only interested in making more (or less) of the same fucking game. They still are, and they'll keep doing it.
It's kind of a no-brainer that FROM's publisher is Activision, because FROM seems to have a formula that sells.

The fuck are you even talking about?

It's Koei Tecmo.

Yeah this; remember that Hayashi openly said that Ninja Gaiden 3 being as watered down as it was was down to Koei Tecmo pushing for a more accessible game for Western audiences.

Unironically what do you mean by this?

Just to add to this, it's amusing in retrospect considering Japanese players whining en masse in the feedback surveys was one of the major factors in Nioh being significantly dumbed down following the alpha demo.

sonia is hot, wish she got in doa with rachel, momiji and ryu

I guarantee they are the reason DOA6 turned out the way it did. I feel bad for Team Ninja because there's clearly still talent there but they aren't given the time to fully develop their shit. I wouldn't be surprised if Nioh 2 is rushed as well. KT did the same thing to Omega Force and Gust as well.

He's saying that KT is TN's publisher/handler and that they have dictated some questionable decisions regarding games made by TN.

Irena a shit

>TN's struggle for financial success and acclaim
It's all they can really do, because DoA,keeps breeding unfathomable hatred from feminist and SJWs, Ninja Gaiden games can't take off because of the vocal as fuck Itagaki loyalist that denounce anything not made by him (that and Inafune fucking over Yaiba). Nioh is pretty much the only thing they have under there belt where's no one to give them shit about making the games, at least for now.

Oh, definitely.

It was okay when they did it with armored core though.

Attached: 2019-03-28_16-40-20.png (1169x705, 81K)

Yes because they weren't as cancerous as FROM (and the whole fucking neighborhood) adopting the Souls model.
Though admittedly, I'm not a fan of Armored Core at all. Never even played those games.

>armored core again.
Man shut the fuck up, that series suffered the same fate as souls as the latter games became shit and lost direction, it's only new faggots pretending to have played them like you trying to be different

>losing direction
Well now I () can't feel bad about Armored Core getting shafted.
My mistake.

It was still better than what Souls model has been breeding.

haha I completely forgot about the existence of Ninja Blade but it was a pretty good game actually.

I had no idea that shitty Ninja Gaiden bootleg was from FROM. Have they made a single good game?

I just started playing ninja gaiden and don't know what the fuck I'm doing. I don't play a lot of action games, just simple stuff like ys and souls. Can you guys give me some tips?

That's how cult classics work, even though they are terribly flawed in some way or more, they still manage to garner a good amount of fans.

No one ever talks about King's Field. Are those games jank too?

From what I know they're the foundation for Dark Souls

which Ninja Gaiden?

>Have they made a single good game?
*blocks your bait *

Attached: Lost_Kingdoms.jpg (220x315, 18K)

Yoooo, KUON!!
YES, brotha!

>stuff like ys
You'll be fine, just learn the moves. Think of UTs like charged magic or something, you'll get the hang of it.

Yup, but back than, jank was so far into the norm, you just adapted to it like it was barely an issue. That's how a lot of good early ps2 and OG Xbox games are.

I can give you some tips if you can ask specific questions you have that you want answered.

Attached: 1552913930479.png (1268x712, 878K)

sigma plus

In ys it's very straightforward how to attack enemies, I can't tell the right moves to choose and how to follow up in ninja gaiden

Kings field is fun, you walk around and get fucked by skeletons

Just practice with different weapons as you get them, even without enemies around, you'll get to grips with them. If you're really in doubt you can look at JtB's videos, he does really good weapon and combat tutorials, like this one:

youtube.com/watch?v=FIvfavFGH5I

>sigma plus
Ah. Not the best one to start with, the bow controls are a serious problem and you're going to have a very bad time when you get to certain bosses where you have to use it.
I'd recommend regular Sigma or Black over it any day, but if it's just not viable then good luck.

Do not, and I mean DO NOT let enemies linger around with slivers of health. Put them down fast and make sure they stay down before moving focus to another enemy. Spider Ninjas especially. They fucking to take miles when you give them inches.

Attached: Enemy_Ninja_BlackSpider_046.jpg (408x519, 28K)

literally first person dark souls. can't get anymore jank than that, in fact Souls is just third person king's field

Funny how if you look about it both games have fields. In a sense, Dark Souls is an actual sequel to King's Field 4.

DOA refuses to evolve its gameplay to acquire an actual competitive scene since 4. And they got baited by Inafune and Kojimbo in westernizing Ninja Gaiden with 3 (which not even the updated version could fix that shitshow), Yaiba, and Deciding to port the NG Sigma games to the fucking Vita instead of PC and newer consoles. Koei is in such a bad situation that the what is keeping the Warriors series alive are the lincesed titles that makes possible to implement more and different features into the formula. because even in asia the Warrior series took a massive dive in sales

Isn't Sigma the censored version anyway?

I rather have Black.

fuck off will you?

The tried making a competitive scene for DOA5 and that went no wear because all major tournament scenes refused to take the games seriously and associate themselves with the game because "scantily clad women aren't proper for our image". That was why Tecmo went full on damage control with all the costume packs in Last Round, because they had lost a good deal of money trying to get it showcased in tournaments and needed to make some money back.

It's hard to go back to controlling the camera with shoulder buttons and triggers. Shadow Tower Abyss still holds up though.

Ninja Blade was my first From game. I played it through OnLive. I liked it then, but I bought a copy later and quit on the worm boss.

Sigma 1 has cut content. Sigma 2 has more content and less blood. It would still be better than fucking Yaiba
I wouldn't be surprised if Demon Souls started as King's Field but got renamed along the way

Sigma 2 is the "censored" version, Sigma 1 is literally the same as black but with Rachel.

>Sigma 1 has cut content

Stop posting about games you don't play retard

What did they cut from Simga 1?

There was extra content with Rachels levels and dual blades.

that's probably what he meant, Sigma 1 has the cut content from black.

The issue with DOA is that it constantly overshadowed by other 3D fighters. Look at fucking SF, BlazBlue and Soul Calibur. the games are full of erotic fanservice and can hold a competitive scene just fine. DOA couldn't even keep the DOA2 scene much less build a new one with 5 and 6. fix the fucking gameplay and it will start to get recognized. You fags always enter into a denial state when anyone criticizes DOA's gameplay for being poor man's Virutal Fighter instead of building. Even in japan VF has a more active competitive scene than DOA ffs. Especially VF3tb

You can map the shoulder buttons to the right dual stick. Feels a lot better to controller KF and Shadow Tower this way.

The gameplay doesn't need to be fixed.

I wish From would make another Armored Core
>same universe as MWC
Huh, neat

...what?

All the new content in Sigma is new not things that were cut.

>Deciding to port the NG Sigma games to the fucking Vita instead of PC
Its amazing that the only Ninja Gaiden game we have on pc still is Yaiba.

this get fucked

>Especially VF3tb
VF3 was a great game in the arcade

That's because all their ressources and best staff at the time went to Armored Core, including Miyazaki himself. Why are you somehow posting Kuon or Otogoi which nobody played and forgot From's former flagship series?
Especially when they'll release a new one soon.

Attached: 1543813353791.jpg (1287x724, 303K)

No it won't, because again, the games problem has always been catching a bad rep for being "too sexy." 5 was literally proof of them trying out new mechanics to use in order to build and yet again people bitched about the game being to sexy.

Team Ninja never did anything WITH Ninja Gaiden in the first place.
It's 2019 and where is my Ninja Gaiden Black/ Ninja Gaiden 2 ports/remakes? I can't even get them on any current gen console.

If they actually care about it, they should start by making sure people can play his game.

Attached: ryu.jpg (813x1024, 51K)

So what's the difference between black 1 and sigma 1?
I don't own a xbox so I never touched the first two games

cutscenes and 2 costumes. the AI is also dumbed down compared to Black

>AC6 will be the first AC without nabeshima
Spooky.

>the AI is also dumbed down compared to Black

What did i say about talking about games you don't play you absolute faggot? It's amazing how NG can't get mentioned in this board without this faggotry. was right

>cutscene was replaced with literal playable section
>2 costumes missing but one more weapon and character
>"cut content"

Almost nothing, if you love puzzles and finding keys and shit in an action games, play Black, if you want to focus only on combat get Sigma, that's really the biggest difference between the 2 games, Sigma skipped a few generic keys fetching and adventure elements but that's it.

It's Sigma 2 that's the massive downgrade over the original Ninja Gaiden 2.

well, considering how left alive turned out I doubt it's a huge lost desu

>jank
replace Kuon with Sekiro and I'll agree.
Kuon had fucking QUALITY!

i don't keep up with differences anymore, both versions are equally solid regardless i've gotten tired how every Ninja gaiden discussion devolves into arguing about them.

Stop bringing this shit up and buy SIgma. Jesus Christ this is a fucking curse.

MIkado is doing their Street Fighter Carnival and their VF3tb streams are amazing
keep telling yourselves that. not that it matters since Xtreme will probably be the only DOA thing worth making for Koei thanks to otaku bucks

>It's Sigma 2 that's the massive downgrade over the original Ninja Gaiden 2

You're mother is a massive downgrade

Attached: 45675676878.png (500x500, 340K)

AC has been shit since 4.

Seething

*before 4
fixed, sorry

They're balanced differently and Sigma cut out some of the slower moments in favor of Rachel missions. Whether those changes are good or bad are a matter of preference, but the differences really aren't as huge as you might believe. If you don't have an Xbox then Sigma is perfectly fine. Sigma 2 is a different story, as that made more substantial changes compared to the base NG2.

Sigma-kun is obsessed

>implying LR wasn't the peak
>well, considering how left alive turned out I doubt it's a huge lost desu
I guess but it is sort of sad hearing guys like the CG team for the games leaving along side some others

Sorry zoomer but all PS3/360 AC games are trash. You For Answer-loving faggots are a tumor.

But I liked FA and the first 3 gens.

>since Xtreme will probably be the only DOA thing worth making for Koei thanks to otaku bucks
You are absolutely right because the faggotry that the fighting games go through, especially in these times, just makes it less and less worth it.

Ninja Gaiden Black is available on Xbox One

They'll keep making the fighters. They'll be low-effort, low-budget cash grabs but they'll keep making them.

>tfw no ng2 xbone bc

AC Peaked in the 3rd generation. AC3, Silent Line and Last Raven were the best games in the franchise overall. 4 onwards was a massive cluester fuck of mismanagement

>No Nexus
Fuck. You. Also yeah 4 went in the wrong direction.

God dammit user that's not the response I was baiting for.

Master of Arena is the best.

Didn't even know.
They just should just do a DMC remaster on the whole series.

BLACK

>2 more costumes for Ryu
>1 more cg cutscene
>1 platform section has a lever puzzle
>Zigorath activation is one by fighting a couple of regular enemies in 2 adjacent rooms
>Can throw 2 explosive shurikens after wall jumping

SIGMA

>Improved graphics, not just resolution but character models and levels redone
>new weapon, 2kat
>New playable character, Rachel
>3 new chapters for Rachel
>Hairstyles for Rachel
>3 new bosses
>new enemies
>previously mentioned cut scene was replaced with playable section
>new playable section
>1 more enemy challenge
>Longbow can now be fired mid air, tracking improved on 3rd person firing
>double explosive shuriken from wall jump removed
>1 or 2 more Dragon Statues and Muramasa Shops
>Zigorath activation is done by fighting 3 consecutive Berserkers
>more music tracks
>extra missions
>Survival mode DLC*
>Time attack mode DLC*
>Rachel mode DLC*
>Smaller health bar in Eternal Legend mission

For the 100th fucking time those are all the differences between Black and Sigma, anything else you hear is entirely made up, any shit you hear about AI or difficulty is a tell tale sign of bad faith.

*From what i understand these are not available in the european version, please confirm for yourself in the PS store. I have the burger version because i couldn't even find the game itself in my country's store.

Attached: Not this shit again.jpg (1244x700, 104K)

Opinions on Sigma 2?

We'll never get that because of this Itagaki vs Sigma war.

meanwhile on dead on arrival 6 latest patch, the first two lines are
>Added Purchase option to WARDROBE.
>Added additional costume support.
i never had the chance to play a 3d ng but i just hope you all realize whats the absolute state of cuckmo koei

It's great and in my opinion better and more fun to play than the original. Neither version is perfect and would benefit from a re-release that takes the best of each

Why would people hate the Itagaki entries?

Can you list the exact differences of Ninja Gaiden two and Sigma 2? We need like a fucking paste or image to post and refer people when ever we actually start discussing Ninja Gaiden.

The enemy placements and their moves are different in Sigma.

Never play the Sigma versions of 1 and 2. They are trash.

Pretty sure I saw one on /vg/

Also Rachel's missions are boring.

It's not the Itagaki entries that people hate, It's the demonizing of Sigma versions that's the problem.

I don't agree with several of the changes from the original but it's not garbage per se

It's a good game. I like the original better but they both have their own positive aspects.

I think i saw it too but it was so long ago when i saw that image i forgot to save it.

Kill yourself you worthless faggot

Wrong

Attached: 1515537995382.webm (900x506, 2.9M)

She's way too strong. Either she needed nerfed or they needed to rebalance her missions. They're a chore to play through because of it.

What are the best pre-Souls FromSoft jank/kino? Not including well known series like Armored Core and King's Field

NiOh is good though
It's only less popular because of the feudal Japan setting and the fact it's more complicated

Otogi games are great and some of the best they've done.

the latest version of DOA5 has literally over a thousand dollars of costume DLC, buddy. you are late to the party

pastebin.com/FPsAvKr1

Metal Wolf Chaos, Otogi, Lost Kingdom and Lost Kingdom 2. Otogi, MWC and LK2 should be must plays

Shadow Tower Abyss is one of their best games. Evergrace 1&2 and the armored core series have an outstanding soundtrack but I don't like the games themselves.

No because it would take significantly more effort and require me to go through every single level and difficulty setting if i wanted to be honest and go into details.

I despise those lists since since they are always a device for people who want to peddle their bias and bullshit as facts as others thrust them blindly since if it's in an image form it must be legit. It would be hypocritical of me to make one of my own even i am being honest. But again, mostly because it's not as easy a process as the first game, if anyone cares so much about the differences why not do their own independent research instead of thrusting random people? Just type the name of the game on youtube and watch part of a Let's Play or something to grantee impartiality, it's literally that easy. Of course i ma talking to potential new players interested in the game, not the regular shitposting faggots.

Attached: Rachel Sigma 2.webm (900x506, 2.92M)

lmao that's a new one

I don't blame you for not wanting to.

Source?

Dude people have written dissertations on the changes between the two and how differing design philosophies changed the core gameplay.
Seriously, no one blames you for not wanting to.

It's just we something, ANYTHING that will get out of this bullshit circle of hate between the two versions. Ninja Gaiden just has to be that game series where if anyone asks "what the games are like" the only answer that should be given is "Go play them" just as plain and simple as that no further answers to any other questions.

Thats what I end up telling people who ask about it. I've even lent copies out so people could form their own opinions about the game. That said with out any doubt play RE over base 3. It's the one time its just a better game overall

A lot of the new enemies replace old ones in various sections. Never did like those bike soldiers.

Whenever i think about these lists in relation to Ninja Gaiden i think of the one that was floating around where some literal who wrote that enemies in Ninja Gaiden Black were 10% more aggressive than enemies in Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Now just the notion that someone sat back to play both versions side by side and was able to measure enemy "aggressiveness" to such a degree that he came up with a number like 10% should make me laugh out loud but then i remember that people were passing this around and treating it like fact and it's not funny anymore.

This is a loaded subject, i don't trust any such dissertations and lists, too much bias and autism involved. The only thing you can do is see for yourself. I try my best to ignore my own bias and tell people to play the one they have for their system and not worry about it but it's increasingly hard to be reasonable in a shouting match, you start to feel like Moleman.

Attached: NG.webm (900x506, 2.91M)

trust me dude you aren't the only one, it's even worse when your a fan of both versions and the changes between the couldn't bother you any less, you just wanna talk about ninja gaiden.

This is not true. The bike enemies appear a whopping 3 times, the first time they don't replace anything they are an extra fight, the other 2 they replace basic ass mooks that you've killed hundreds of to that point. Why would you want just another white MSAT fight?

Also they are fun to fight because you can do pic related to them

Attached: Ryu.webm (900x506, 2.93M)

I kinda agree with you but that might be due to me being a tekken player and when I played doa6 the movement felt so stiff and rigid

>A lot of the new enemies replace old ones in various sections
>This is not true.
>the other 2 they replace basic ass mooks
Okay then.
>Also they are fun to fight because you can do pic related to them
Doesn't work with DS for some reason, no idea why it would work with dual swords. Still doesn't look like much fun, UTing them with the lunar is the most enjoyment I ever got from them. Their moveset isn't interesting either.

There is no reason why the Rachael mission shouldn't have been a separate selectable campaign Sigmanigger. People don't like to play as your waifu, get over it.

She plays 1000x better in sigma 2.

It's amazing how From Soft produced absolute trash for years and then Miyazaki laid a golden egg with Demon's Souls.

2 does some things better than sigma 2 and Visa versa. Needs a remaster.

>okay then
that's right, learn what "a lot" means.

>Doesn't work with DS for some reason, no idea why it would work with dual swords. Still doesn't look like much fun, UTing them with the lunar is the most enjoyment I ever got from them. Their moveset isn't interesting either.

It's no surprise that you don't know how to play to be honest, and yes, fighting general enemies you've killed a hundred off before and hundreds more after is much more interesting.

Quality bait

Her Sigma 1 moveset is one of the coolest in the entire series, i'd replace her S2 moveset with it without hesitation if i could.

Different strokes. I prefer her in 2. For one, she can actually wall run and her OTs are fucking killer.

A cult classic may be flawed, possibly even heavily, but it still has some redeeming factors. Ninja Blade is just fucking garbage.

If you don't actually want to discuss the game and just want to throw ad hominems at people then that's your business, but don't expect a worthwhile reply.

I don't know how that's bait but I just don't like the movement in the game, when you walk you feel like a tortoise and backdashes are unsafe so it's harder to space with them

>early on, black spider ninjas will try to grab you and suicide bomb you if they've lost a limb
>at the end of the game, they've gotten so desperate that they scream and suicide bomb you even if they are uninjured, just so they can slow you down

fighting ryu be horrifying

Attached: bruce.jpg (208x199, 13K)

>I wouldn't be surprised if Demon Souls started as King's Field but got renamed along the way
Supposedly that's exactly the case
DeS began as a KF project and was supposed to be a launch title on PS3 but it was in dev hell and about to be shitcanned until Miyazaki was given the game and transformed it into a new IP

It's why the warrior's starting armor set looks like the first person arms from KF 2 and 3, and why the large sword of moonlight looks exactly like it does in the KF games instead of being uniquely stylized like it is in Dark Souls and Bloodborne or AC.

They gave her some cool new moves but they also took away all her coolest moves for no reason at all. She lost what made her stand out in the first game which was being basically a grappler character, they even took away her followup from her roll through maneuver. In S1 she has 5 different throws while in S2 she only has 1. OTs are obviously cool but she would still have those and her a machine gun, i don't understand why they removed so much from the first game. My favorite S2 move of hers is actually the counterattack gun combo.

Attached: Flips n Guns.webm (900x506, 2.93M)

>ad hominem

Do facts count as ad hominems now? The flying swallow of DCTF has the same properties as DS.

Only the Dark Sect ninjas do that. If they are batshit insane enough to be transformed into spider monsters, blowing one of their arms off is probably just a Thursday

>Only the Dark Sect ninjas do that

i figured they just made all the normie black spider dudes turn into spiders to kill mr gaiden

apparently i do not know my ninja lore

And yet it doesn't work on them. I have tried, stop being a twat.

I haven't played through the story mode in a long time so i don't remember if it is ever clarified, i just always refereed to the spider demon ninjas as the "Dark Sect" since it's mentioned by Rasetsu at the beginning of the game and maybe even some documents. The prologue in S2 also describes the clan as twisting their bodies and souls so i always assumed the demon spider ninjas existed from the start and are like the elite class of the clan.

See if you actually knew how to play you would know that they are only guaranteed susceptible to it during a specific window, but apparently that's a big "if".

That's okay user, now you know. You're welcome.

Attached: 1553114960990.jpg (1920x1080, 327K)

I'm so sorry, I didn't realise I had to do it on the tenth frame of them starting to drive at you and not the eleventh. Maybe if drive at you, turn and shoot from stationary wasn't the only thing they did I'd care enough to try again, but if I wanted that essential experience I'd just hunt a dozen Bulldromes in MH2. Or I could just play a NG game that has inane enemies, I guess.
Oh well, never mind.

hayashi made vanilla ng3, which was awful in every way. kt has quite a bit of blame there, but hayashi made his fair share of dumb decisions with it. doa might as well be dead since it's become a figurative milking machine from lonely weebs, and with nioh being as successful as it is, you'll be lucky to see a donte-type reboot for ninja gaiden

it also changes some puzzles, for what it's worth

Good! Being defensive is a good starting point for Ninja Gaiden newbies. Now you just need to go apply it in the game instead of on the internet and you'll be on the right path to stop being a complete shitter with a big mouth.

Attached: Rare footage of anon getting BTFO.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

there's like one guy that hates him, other than KT. oh and the bald guy from platinum

I guess it be dead

Attached: You Died.webm (900x506, 2.9M)

Otogi is no better than God of War---maybe even worse
I don't get why it's jerked off so often

I'd be down with a Devil May Cry-type Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden as it stands is like a 2D platformer in 3D, ew

get out