Attached: wcgog.jpg (1010x490, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/zshz5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>wanting to play old games
Go to bed grandpa

Nice

WC2 is the best, WC3 fags need to get a clue

Shitty wc3 minigame maps made by Vietnamese people provide a better experience than 1 and 2 combined

based GOG

I guess this is nice but perhaps they should consider adding games that are actually hard to buy/get to work in modern computers like Dune etc

holy shit this is amazing, its a huge pain in the ass to get these games to run right

>like Dune
Which Dune? Dune 2 has had a source port for years.

I'm not talking about source ports

Awesome, can't wait to pirate them.
I'm not giving money to GOG.

The source port is better than the original in every way, like its outrageously good. Modern controls, much higher difficultly, Super Dune campaigns. Insanely fucking good, one of the best RTSs I have ever played. Plus the original Dune 2 runs in DOSBox with like no tuning required whatsoever.

t. needs to get a clue

when the fuck is Freelancer coming to GOG

I'm only waiting for D2

Attached: 1465594210978.gif (320x240, 653K)

Now that you mention it, I've wondered for quite some time how would warcraft 1 and 2 work with modern controls.
unit groups, custom hotkeys, and multi building selections.
Hell I think war 1 would be beast just to get rid of the dune like rip off controls, and you could finally play it properly like the computer that keeps throwing shit at you that's impossible for you to do.

just play freespace 2

When MechWarrior gets on gog.

Its on the regular Blizz store. Its always been on there.

genuine question, what is the point of using gog when you could just pirate. at least with steam you can have all your games from a fast download away on all your pcs

but i want to watch streamers react to the greatest story told of our generation
they won't "pirate" the game

Great, now hurry up and give us Black & White 1/2

Gog is what makes piracy easy. Plus those that don't pirate have a very consumer friendly distribution site.

Jokes on you. I like all of the RTS WarCrafts. But yeah, the first two games at least allowed you to have larger armies.

I actually like my little digital library on gog. And the fact that their shit works reliably is nice. I don't mind buying from them. I stay away from the launcher though.

what's the point of using steam when you could just pirate. at least with gog you can download all your games fast on all your pcs.

All the Dunes including Emperor.

Based

fpbp

Attached: 1539634553724.gif (652x562, 626K)

And both MechCommanders.

They make me want to get a job so I can give them money

Whats the point of using the epic game launcher...?

>Then there were the Dune games. We’d all love to see Dune II come back, right?
>Marta Adamska: Oh my god, we’ve spoken to so many people who were even remotely engaged in the process of creating Dune II. Westwood was involved and as it turned out, not all the rights went to EA when they bought them. Some code rights went to some of the actual programmers, but they were residual so we’d need to sign with both them and EA. Talking to EA is always a huge process because they’re such a huge company. Asking for the documents, which are in paper form, that’s a level of time and engagement that might not be worth it in terms of business. But there was this one guy who knew about the case because he was personally interested and he said that all the rights had reverted to Frank Herbert’s family.
>Somehow, I don’t want to know how, one colleague got a contact for them, and they unfortunately said they didn't want to revive anything. It wasn’t a case of not understanding games, just a straight-up, ‘If it’s old it should stay old’. It was so unbelievably frustrating. But of course, they have a right to that decision. It’s theirs. If they feel so strongly, who are we to judge them for it?

And Heavy Gear.

Why?

Either hes going to give you a very weak responce or tell you to fuck off.

I always hear praise for those games but from searching them up they look pretty shitty, what's the deal

>you can have all your games from a fast download away on all your pcs
you get that with gog plus they have things which are a pain to get running and it all regularly goes on sale for a dollar. I have like 150 games on there and I think I only paid $50 altogether thanks to packs and shit. got the whole gold box set for like 2 bucks

Way too expensive for something that's been basically abandonware for god knows how long

>Missing expansion because Blizzard
>The one place to actually a proper pack had to take them down now because "Muh support"

You are probably talking to that one drm retard who thinks that keeping servers and entire infrastructure of the shop doesn't cost money so you should get games for free because you don't get them on cd.

based random farm TD chad.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 352K)

t. zoomer

I wish they'd pick up same games I actually want.

This is true WC2 is better than WC3.

Attached: 1538538036050.jpg (1000x800, 81K)

>doesn't want to play the fremen campaign
you are the zoomer

Because gog is the reason you get easily piratable old games that work on new systems. Gog is based

They claim games that are effectively freeware/abandonware (i.e. creator/publisher are long gone) and sell them.
They buy rights from defunct publishers for peanuts and sell games for full price.
They don't make anything, they don't help developers publish. They are nothing more than leeches.

Neat.

Gameplay is matter of preference.
But Warcraft 2 music is all good, while Warcraft 3 has just a few tracks that can even compare.

Battle net edition comes with Beyond The Dark Portal though

Its a videogame thrift store. Its fine if you don't like it, but I don't see why it has to be a matter of ethics.

They fix up games to run on new systems and that's reason enough for me to want them to exist even though I don't buy shit from them. Easier to pirate a gog version that works out of the box rather than download tons of patches to make a game even open

It's matter of being poorfag and finding excuses to justify yourself.

wait a second, gog updates old games to make them playable on new pcs/operating systems? I didn't know this wtf
if I buy Beyond Good and Evil from there will it run properly? I got it for free on Uplay but it glitches like hell, I tried downloading some mods to fix it but they didn't work

Exactly. That's why I pirate them, but don't give them money.

Its not. Its a matter of voting with my wallet.
And yes, I try not to buy from thrift stores if I know they sell stolen stuff, or pillage booksharing boxes.

Piss off. I dumped a ton of money on Total Warhammer franchise because those CA made that game. They made it all. They didn't find it in the street or stole it from someone.

Correct

>no GOD successor

I give money to people that provide a good service. DRM sucks and I want companies to sell copies of their shit that I can put wherever I want.

>wait a second, gog updates old games to make them playable on new pcs/operating systems?
Yes, thats the point of the store so yes it should run properly.

>Exactly. That's why I pirate them, but don't give them money.

>Company provides a useful service
>Too much of a faggot to give them $2.99 on a sale for a game you'll most likely spend 10 hours+ playing

Imagine being this poor.

Attached: 1522870490879.jpg (1000x664, 97K)

Buying old games that aren't available on other platforms, instead of pirating them, is a poorfag move?

I'm a bit conflicted honestly.
I used to play the shit out of WC2 as a kid, and it was a filthy pirate version straight out of a shady market stall run from a van. But it worked 100%, music, cinematics and all, and it was one of the most enjoyable experiences I have ever had while gaming, close to Age of Empires 2. Especially the music is superb.

But I haven't played this game in 17 years. A lot has changed. Will I really enjoy it like I did as a kid, or will the loving memories be shattered if I fail to find as much amusement in it today. I also feel slight guilt about never actually paying for it, but I really don't want to give current Blizz any more money.

Attached: 7eahxs7s.jpg (541x569, 27K)

Not really sure why they're letting people play these again after all the hard work of trying to scrub the story and change the lore like the faggots they are

I've already paid for it 15+ years ago. To people who made it.
Why would I pay to random scavengers?

How it feels to be more retarded and entitled than leddit?

>Will I really enjoy it like I did as a kid, or will the loving memories be shattered if I fail to find as much amusement in it today.
if your so retarded that you can't distinguish between nostalgia and actual quality you really need to never post on this board again

Having principles is called being entitled?
Not wasting money is called being retarded?

just do whatever you want man

>‘If it’s old it should stay old’
i take it they refuse to publish the dune series as e-books as well

>principles

its a fucking videogame nerd

>principles
If you would really had any principles you would play the version you paid 15 years ago on win98/xp. If you want to play it on modern system then spend fucking 5$ on people who bothered to pay dosbox dev to help fix/patch the game to work on modern systems and made it easily downloadable, but you won't because you are poor commie finding excuses why you are entitled to pirate it and feel good about it. Don't bother responding, this is my last (you).

Unless you know how to make old games compatible on Win7 or 10, happen to find a good iso file of an outdated OS (older than XP for some cases) or DOSBOX then sure.

> Yea Forums ever really talking about videogames

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 8K)

I'm going to love this shit on reforged.

Yes and yes. Because you're delusional.
Don't pay for it if you don't want to, but don't pretend you have a moral highground, faggot.

that was fast!!
Can anyone confirm, does War2 battlenet work out of box? It's hard to get battlenet working on Diablo 1

ReVolt is the only game GoG do that.

>$15 for both
>full price
Maybe pick up a few new houses on your paper route, sport. Make sure you look them in the eye and shake their hand when your ask.

just copped War2 bnet edition
thanks for the heads up!!

You get games that steam cucks don't have.

Attached: 1550172990415.gif (511x512, 105K)

>$15 for a 25 year old game

>It's hard to get battlenet working on Diablo 1
Its super easy user. Just install the game, then download the latest patch from the website and install it. Nothing else needs to be done. I've done this on Win7 and 10 a few times to play online with friends over battlenet.

All 3 of them?

true but before today War2 CD-Keys were essentially non-existent they were so rare. Now factory fresh ones are $10 :)

The only good WC3 custom map was Takeshi's Castle.

I've literally tried every year for 5 years and i never was able to get into a battlenet game of D1. You need to adjust firewall or router settings and im too retarded to do that successfully

mega link?

gog makes it easier to pirate

Attached: 1315625368311.png (600x581, 83K)

It's fucking wc2. A match ends in 5 minutes if the other is maddie baddie. It's not nearly as big commitment as you make it out to be. Also you really did play shit out of it as a kid, then the muscle memory comes back. It's like magic. I sometimes take a long break on games and come back on it just for that experience.

Here you do neither though, you are just scrooge.

>gog wins again
>gog: net profit in 2019= 30,000 PLN = $7,800
BRUH LOOK AT THIS DUDE

Attached: 1550626229218.jpg (1280x720, 225K)

*2018 not 2019

What no WCIII

I'm four

Attached: Child_face.jpg (117x138, 16K)

Piratefags are the worst

Attached: 1350585489553.jpg (365x301, 108K)

both aged like shit.

Some capabilities of the WC3 reforged editor: streamable.com/zshz5

WC2 had naval warfare
Of course they are superior

Why are they so grossly mismanaged? How are they spending $10 million per year in operating costs? S3 transfer is 50 GB for a buck, where is it all going?

25-30 year old games is a win?

SET SAIL SKIPPERS, WE'RE GOING HOME

Attached: 1362605504498.jpg (368x152, 17K)

You are entitled you retard. If i walk into a Best Buy and take a blu ray copy of a movie i already own on dvd i can't say "well i should be able to take this copy because i bought the dvd version years ago". Be a bitch but stop making weak excuses.