People complaining about the combat are just shit at the game

People complaining about the combat are just shit at the game
Prove me wrong

Attached: centipede_giraffe.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

There's nothing to prove wrong, every mini-boss/etc is about knowing different mechanics of the game and it's a pretty nice system despite occasional flaws

Was this the worst boss From's ever designed?
>lmao just spam l1
>lmao literally one single attack

Meanwhile plenty of people struggled with it

Are you fucking serious?

Do you not read sekiro threads on Yea Forums?

Not usually, no. But that's actually pretty pathetic.

What the fuck. That shit would ruin me. Glad I didn't buy the game and play.

If you face him when you're low level hes basically unbeatable since theres no room to dodge and his combo is a guaranteed posture break

BUT IT KILLS ME IN ONE HIT AND I CANT INTO PATTERN RECOGNITION

I guess that's fair, then.

Attached: ashina_elite.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

You can't get your posture broken unless you miss a deflect, pleb

They took DaS1 pvp philosophy and made it into a game.
>break their poise
>then critically strike them for their whole health bar

Attached: Sekiro 1.webm (960x540, 2.95M)

All he's doing is mashing the deflect button when the thing starts attacking. You can do it once you realize that trying to time it is pointless.

Wrong, if you mash, it makes the deflect window much shorter, and you'll start missing them

You don't need to time deflects? What.

LOL the faggot OP is posting webms of the EASIEST fucking fights.

Show me someone who outplays fucking demon king or the final boss.

Incorrect, back to back deflect attempts shorten the window by a large margin. Try it out on mobs, its easy to see.

This is the one at Gun Fort, right? I found another at Senpou but room was full of adds so I skipped him for the time being. Does he fight the same?

Block spammer detected

I need to be more aggressive

Yeah, he does. For me, he didn't aggro until I got pretty close, so it let me kill the adds first

>block block block block block block block
>attack

this game really doesn't look very fun to play

Attached: 1508551219853.gif (395x313, 1.99M)

how is this not a souls game

Mashing only makes the window shorter if it doesn't connect. The monster attacks are so quick that you end up connecting them no matter how much you mash. Though that last hit of the combo does take timing.

What was that jumping attack that took like half the boss's stamina?

I think the samurai mini-boss was worse in that regard.

Attached: 1489763607930.jpg (1133x843, 114K)

The game demands near perfect execution, its rewarding when you win.

That's how you counter a sweep attack, by hitting them with a jump kick

What flaws? Objectively I'd say it's the stealth and just that that could ussme some tweaking. Personally, it burns me that items are so meh this time around and there's barely any lore. Also needs more spooky.

Ironically enough the armor mini boss is From’s easiest and everyone still can’t handle it

Double jump off an enemy by pulling the stick back for the second jump

good to know. I just jumped and set them on fire with that one thing

Demon of hatred forsure

Yeah, the game gets way more fun once you realize that you can't play it like dark souls. You gotta dive straight into the fray and constantly keep up the pressure

>look at this amazing combat
>mashes parry

Attached: wojak iq.png (645x729, 70K)

The red-eyed version of this guy caught me with his slightly different attack pattern. Ended up cheesing it with the fan shield.

ok, its just really hard to discern that from the webm's. it just look like blocking and QTE whenever the kanji appeared. i read the thread and realized you have to time each block/deflection, i thought you just hold it like you would with a shield in Darksouls.
Does it look like theres gonna be DLC for this? i was hoping there wouldn't so it would be half price in 6 months or so

Spam deflect to show off "combat"

Attached: 20190327_180855.jpg (620x754, 131K)

>Mini boss hours into the game is just a deflect the same move on repeat mini game with a throw that you can jump over
>This is good combat.
>This is most of the game with some patterns harder to read/learn that you just have to learn to block/deflect until riposte the game.
>Haha if you don't like linear games based around one mechanic that punish you for doing anything otherwise you're just shit.

Man From apologists are the worst. I've heard better arguments to why SFV is a good game then Sekiro. You have nothing.
>Bad tracking shit
>Bad hitboxes on a lot of shit
>Overly encouraged one playstyle game
>best tools are just stun cheese and most are
>Gimmick fights with terror frenzy shit everywhere.

There are like 3 good boss fights in the game and the rest are deflect mini game dodge one more tier fights. Congrats you're a brainlet meanwhile I drop you into NGB/NG2 or any DMC game on DMD and you'll cry artificial difficulty or some shit in polished good action games but in a legitimately janky shit one by your favorite dev lets blow its dick.

Except literally all you have to do is mash L1 and that timing really is irrelevant.

t. fought him

>you have to time each block/deflection
Not only that, but you have to read the enemy's movements for each of the 3 types of kanji attacks and block/deflect/dodge in a different way for each

What do you consider fun?

Dark souls games had a season pass that gave you the DLC afterwards, Sekiro doesn't have a season pass.

This doesn't ensure that there won't be any DLC, but there might not be.

>Mashes L1
>Jumps over an attack with almost two full seconds of telegraph
>Mashes L1
>Instakill
Golly gee, what deep and rewarding combat. Let's not forget the Guardian Ape, a boss they reuse not even one hour's worth of content later, not only once but twice because they scale it down, paint it brown, and reduce its stats.

Stop spamming kiddo.

You can hold block and wait for easier attacks to parry, but your posture will evaporate and many bosses will deathblow you

>The monster attacks are so quick that you end up connecting them no matter how much you mash
You literally just described timing parrys you fucking idiot

Good, now I just need to beat Owl and I'll pop on back.

ayy lolmao

Attached: sekiro 2019.03.25 - 03.07.32.15.DVR.webm (960x538, 2.94M)

They only have 2 you fat fuck. Sweeps and lunges, not that complicated

Should I put 5 points into the "deathblow vitality recovery" skill?

Attached: 1347558405923.jpg (399x600, 73K)

No you get for free later.

And grabs too you autist

Attached: 1495259789930.png (288x401, 86K)

WHAT.

Make sure you have the upgraded mikkiri posture damage. Outside of healing and charms buy whatever.

Ok I'll aim for that first since I don't have it yet.

DMC is literally mash attack the game.
NG is mash izuna drop the game.
They are both easy and casual.

>mindless mashing is timing if it works
Sorry, I was probably using the boomer definition of timing.

yes

that's a different one, genius
they stack so you get healed more if you have both

It isn't mindless mashing if the button presses line up with the attacks lmao. That's just fast timing.

True.
The combat is piss easy. You just need to transfer the enemy combos like in your webm into a rhythm and than tap L1 in that rhythm

It's not even a boss.
And if you spam L1 you're going to get posture broken. And if you get past the flurry you've got the sweep coming. which is unblockable.

So, how does the dragon rot thing actually work/affect the game? change the ending, limit what you can do, make the world look fucked up like having high insight, or...?

Attached: 1526923245376.png (578x435, 316K)

>near perfect execution

user pls

I like how all these webms just show how MGR tier this game is. Yet fromdrones are eating it up like this is some new varied mechanic.

It's the best skill in the Shinobi tree except unlocking Mikiri (which is basically essential).

>All these baitposts from people who have "played" the game via Yea Forums's webms

Attached: 1372433175709.jpg (225x225, 45K)

Except MGR had a lot more involved in the combat.

man you have to bait the hook user, nobody is going to fall for that retardation.

>(YOU)posting

afaik it just does 3 things
>changes affected characters' dialogue and animations to reflect their sickness
>lock their questlines until cured
>reduce change of Unseen Help
Overall I wish it did more. Considering how many cures you get and how rarely the affliction comes, it's a non-threat.
I might be missing something though.
I think the white part of Sekiro's hair gets bigger the more you stagnate too. I swear it's more white than when I started.

this webm only shows how the fight goes if you have enough posture and posture damage.
its way different when he was breaking my posture fully with only one chain of attacks.
this is the reason why upgraded flame vent and crackers completely destroy respective enemies, so you can totaly shit on them without many prayer beads or latent skills on posture.
i am not gonna prove anything to you, after beating the game and fighting almost all mini bosses i can clearly say that deflect and posture mechanic is not ideal and doesn't work well for certain enemies.

>*taps L1 furiously*
>Lol see, it IS good!

Sure, pal...

You can't get posture broken unless you miss a deflect, pleb

>centipede giraffe
But it's not a centipede or a giraffe?

Attached: rocket.png (422x757, 387K)

Has anyone pointed out how stupid it is that it resets your lock on after doing a killing blow? What is even the point of that?

Deflects still build up posture, just less of it.
It doesn't cancel out posture build up.

>*taps L1 furiously*
Here's a *taps R1 furiously* version.

Attached: sekiro 2019.03.23 - 22.38.18.03.DVR.webm (640x358, 2.95M)

The A-team made a funny!

You are correct

Nothing will ever be worse than Bed of Chaos

Even if the bar is maxed out, your posture won't break unless you miss a deflect

Hes a mini-boss. Hes equivalent to just a black knight from dark souls, if they made those fights mandatory.

Shit, you're right. Guess that was repressed.

I havent even played sekiro yet but im loving all this rage and hatred from shitters who are bad at video games. From software is fucking based.

>can't even deflect the people's elbow
never gonna make it

yes, you're shit in this game

>Push a button
>Nothing comes out

And therein lies the problem. And no, my controller isn't to blame. It's just how Souls games are. You can MASH a fucking button until the cows come home, but sometimes your attack just won't come out. It's janky, to say the least. These games just aren't very good.

Attached: 1553732706138.jpg (240x240, 6K)

There's issues like excessive tracking but I honestly prefer it to Soulsborne.

My complaint is the game keeps using my intel integrated graphics card instead of my fucking real graphics card even though I already manually went in and told it to. Fucking dumb ass shit game.

I'll save that pepe for future shitposting but I disagree with you my frog friend.

Attached: 1523351744743.jpg (400x400, 25K)

Raging demon is FUCKING GAY

They're either really shit or have mastered it. It really doesn't have much depth, even if it's deep enough to work.

From doesn't actually expain their combat system, though. This is why people have issues. They included a fucking pdf to give to reviewers and then neglected to give the exact same useful information to actual paying customers.

If you spam parry your parry frames decrease each time, and your posture recovers whilst guarding. This means you are meant to guard at all times, then release and re-apply BEFORE a hit connects (not "as" a hit connects, the game literally lies to you).
Spamming parry massively decreases frames, that is what it means by effectiveness, it is not referring to posture or anything else. Parry effectiveness "decreases" per combo, some people thought it got worse as a fight went on - because the wording of the in-game tooltip doesn't specify exactly what it means.

The game also lies to the player again at another point by saying that decreased vitality reduces posture regeneration. It neglects to mention that this is ZERO. There is ZERO posture regeneration for enemies below 25% vitality, not less regen, literally no regeneration whatsoever. This is important to know because it means the "le be aggressive" meme is not actually appropriate unless the enemy is at full health, at low health you should be playing defensively and only attacking posture, you have all the time in the world then and epic aggression is a great way to overextend and get killed. The game implies that regen scales, but it actually works via thresholds.

The game lies, withholds information, and none of the fucking game journalists actually pointed this out because they didn't realise everything they were being told was NOT IN THE GAME. This is bad design and it means mileage with the combat system varies massively from player to player.

Simply knowing the specifics of parries and posture made be play about 2x better. The game didn't tell me this, it just vaguely implied it and I read the actual instructions on the fucking internet.

#1 cause of deaths against wordjumble is due to the tiny arena and him constantly pushing you into a wall, fucking with the camera

It's a true of a minimization as the bullshit I replied to.

it's all in the loading screen tips. Not saying that's the best way to convey the info to players, but it is there.

Do you mean after you've been hit or something? They don't really explain the stagger system much and I found it confusing at first. I've had straight input eating in all the souls games though so if that's just it I get hating it.

Are you playing on console? I've had no issues on PC.

Posture just regenerates too fast in this game. I'm trying to fight Genichiro and his posture regeneration is fucking ridiculous.

Oh dear, you died to it didn't you?

Staggers eat inputs and cause your next input to be wonky. There are certain double-repels where the combat logic shits itself.

Reduce his health, nerd. Genichiro is so basic, I offed him in the prologue without an issue.

Or if you just read the tooltips you'll get the exact same information.

I guess that ADD really trips you up, huh.

...how? His blocks literally everything.

desu I had no idea his posture is slower when he loses health.

?
Just carve up his pretty face a little and he won't recharge posture.

No, I have the clarity of thought to stay as close to the middle of an arena as I possibly can. It's a skill re-drilled into me literally every time I pick up a Souls game.

Posture takes more damage and regenerates more slowly the lower a boss' health is. Try getting some health damage in and you'll see a marked difference in his posture.
Also, keep the pressure on. Play proactively.

Stop playing so defensively. You gotta be constantly attacking him. Also, get his health down a bit so his posture regens slower

If "fast timing" aligns with just spam mashing the button it isn't really a skillful thing.

Jump attacks and thrusts are free step counters.

You can always get 1 or 2 hits in after parrying a combo, and two hits are guaranteed after you jump over a swipe.

try him on NG+ without the charm kiddo

Oh wow, this is actually really fucking helpful. Thanks guys.

I just did this boss, was pretty fun

>took me 30 tries
>last attempt took 5 minutes or careful dodging and kiting
>could've just done this
I'm retarded.

>If you spam parry your parry frames decrease each time
wait what

A lot of the bosses are parry/counter checks.

Genichiro is the first boss that tests you how much you've learned of both.

Attached: sekiro.exe 2019.03.25 - 23.29.13.58.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

>2nd miniboss out of like 30
>expect it to be hard
If you learn the mechanics its not a bad fight, stop projecting shit about the game because you saw/made one webm from the first 10% of the game. Doing that shit isnt a one way ticket to winning, strategy and mechanics win. Yes you can spam r1 at times, but it hinders more than it helps in many situations.But heres that (YOU) dawg

It's vaguely implied by the loading screens, some of which are badly written/translated and can easily lead to confusion, especially if english isn't a first language.
What's more they also have a training dummy which is a great spot to re-iterate the exact specifics to drill it into the players head, but they don't.

This is clearly useful enough info that they give it to reviewers, but never to the player? The games does not tell the player that there are posture breakpoints and does not specifically say whiffing parries reduces parry frames.

>lmao just don't block or dodge if you want a challenge
Genichiro's the first boss in the game that's actually fun to fight.

Confirmed in the review tips

Attached: sekiro2.png (1276x710, 691K)

>mashing button
Theres your problem chief, stop mashing. The game will punish you in its design for that. Time your presses you spastic fuck

Attached: 1382382710139.jpg (250x250, 8K)

I love the game, but you can't deny that the game is almost too strict, and far less open ended than Bloodborne. They could have made the bosses a lot more demanding in terms of player experimentation, but instead the idea is mostly that the game asks you do you something and you either do it or fail.

You can cancel an attack with L1/Jump if you're starting your swing, but you can't cancel halfway through your swing. Learn how many attacks you can safely throw and still be able to deflect.

It's a Just Defend system. This means it isn't timing-intensive until the enemy mixes it up. JD systems are usually super generous when it comes to fast strings, allowing you to cancel into extra guards with easier timing, while slower individual hits are a little more precise. From had added 2 levels to the deflect too (good and perfect).

are there more of these?

I would have settled for new sword attacks and shinobi tools that actually helped.

Kek why didn't I think of reading the kanji? I must be low iq. I just read the position of their weapon.

Attached: D2rLddPX4AAQmZA.png (727x409, 232K)

>2 levels to the deflect
Wait, really? How can you tell the difference?

The tutorial messages do tell you that.

qtes are not fun

Nah, it's not hard, it's just boring as shit to L1 and R1 spam to victory. It's a neat system at first but after the novelty wears off, combat is just tedious.

I'll post them all. It's basically tips on how the game works and dives into tips for individual bosses.

No wonder IGN thought it was easier than Souls, they were literally told how to beat bosses. I still don't think any reviewers actually finished the game

Attached: sekiro1.png (1274x711, 817K)

that's what being a hard boss is.
Souls bosses were as lenient as they were because they had to ensure Faggy Assassin and Timmy Greatsword were still able to beat them no matter how badly they fucked up.

No, you had the right idea. The kanji is the same for each type of attack. You have to read their movements to determine which type they're gonna use

Attached: sekiro3.png (1276x712, 790K)

It's basically a guitar hero where there is only one button and you should remember the melody

>Grandma
>NG+
>Hard mode.
Is there a definitive answer for whether NPC's can die from dragonrot, because if so then some of them are definitely going to be dead after i'm done with this.

Attached: sekiro4.png (1276x712, 1.06M)

Perfect ones drain no posture from you. I think both deal the same posture damage to the enemy.

Sound and sparks and the posture damage rewarded.

Attached: sekiro5.png (1276x668, 834K)

You shouldn't be letting any big enemies get down to 25% vitality.

I'm finding this game way easier than Nioh, personally

Think this is the last one

Attached: sekiro6.png (1274x709, 633K)

thanks user

Attached: 1523556575718.png (431x539, 171K)

It's not a guaranteed posture break at all but the lowest vitalities, and before then you can just avoid the first few hits of the combo with proper spacing.

>implying journos even realize what parry timings are or will ever explain gameplay beyond entry level
I kind of got a feel for the thresholds thing from the Corrupted Monk but yeah that should still be clarified, and I had no idea about timing windows becoming shorter if you spam until today.

Lady Butterfly is fun tho.

He was the first boss I fought cuz I was at my friend's house, I beat him in under 10 tries I'm ready bros

Thanks for sharing these. Really stupid that they combine boss guides and general mechanic explanations. At least they're clearly labelled so you can ignore the sections you don't want.

Attached: 1553066217647.jpg (720x709, 139K)

Is it possible to go to the moon tower part of the Reservoir after the final boss unlocks?

I thought (mini)bosses scaled with your stats

>snake eyes whatever-the-fuck on the path to gun fort
>after several attempts just say fuck it I'll just light her on fire
>first healthbar goes perfect, didn't even take damage
>second healthbar she's suddenly a dodge master and I actually run out of emblems trying to use my flame vent and she eventually kills me
fuck this mini boss

sounds about right. The wait for BB2 begins

I feel like some grab attacks still have fabled quality fromsoftware shockwaves

I killed the demon by depleting his life before posture every single time

just make him stand in the poison and lame it out

This game attracts a serious tryhard community that is blinded by the smell of their own farts. The game has several things that are problematic in its design with the enemy programming that they all refuse to acknowledge.

Enemies can track for eternity? Oh well if you're good enough it's not a problem!

Grabs have weird hitboxes? Well if you avoided it correctly you wouldn't have been near it anyway!

Magic shockwaves? Well you shouldn't have allowed the attack to happen at all!

Sure. If you're good enough literally everything can be worked around. But the issue isn't that you can or can't overcome something it's that the principal of the designs themselves are flawed and they can't begin to grasp that notion. They don't understand that enemy's tracking the way it does actually punishes learning because you're taught to avoid attacks with either the jump or the dash and suddenly the game tells you it is not concerned with the fact that you did either of those things because it introduced a variable too early and now neither seems like a good option.

They don't care about that however, it makes things HARDER! So it absolutely must be for the better.

What's your favorite combat art?

Where's my praying fist niggas at?

Why does every souls game need to have a terribly designed "gimmick" boss?

>Dragon God
>Bed of Chaos
>Executioner's Chariot
>Amygdala
>Ancient Wyvern
>Divine Dragon

>accidentally ran into Tengu after killing Genichiro and I'd already killed the rats
How did I miss this fucker, I feel so stupid

W-wait, there's a 5th tree?

There is basically no enemies that do all 3

Amygdala's not a gimmick boss, the fuck are you smoking? It's just a giant stompy cunt.

How are we holding up sekirobros?
I'm still upset over getting btfo by DMC5 sales, we were supposed to crush that shitty joke of a game and win goty...

That's literally one miniboss.

You can't spam parry on other minibosses and especially bosses. There's a lot more variation than these gimmicks.

No they fucking don't.

Bring up a screenshot of a tooltip that specifically tells you that parry frames and specifically only parry frames decrease with each tap regardless of success and this only applies to a combo.

Bring up a screenshot that specifically tells you the exact posture thresholds with numbers attached.

Do it.

Technically you should kill every single boss without getting hit.

It doesn't change the fact that people will have lost fights they would have otherwise won if they knew exactly how vitality and posture were related. It's quite feasible you could get an enemy down to 51% health, pop some buffs and they turbo-regen their posture in the meantime, and you're like "aw man they regen so quick" except you're only one hit away from putting them in the zone where their posture starts to falter.

Knowing just how weak the enemy is does affect the way you play and it's the key to a clean victory in this game. Clarity helps in that regard.

They do. Ape can grab you from being way over a foot out of the span of both of his hands.

Nobody will admit that the game is shit because ds community has a religious attitude towards from softwares games. Like like people who got cancer believe that it's God's way to test them from softwares fans believe that everything in a game is too test them. From a shitty gameplay to an awful map design

Post yfw Owl mikiris you

Attached: Yellowvan.gif (240x184, 352K)

What's wrong with the dragon? Sure he's easy but also very kino and makes sure you know about lightning reversal before facing the final boss

The Chariot is one of the best bosses in 2. And Micolash is the gimmick boss of Bloodborne you idiot.

not good my man
We /flopkiro/ now

>very little HP damage until you break a hand, you'll be at it for like 30+ minutes if you're just hitting those
>big dick damage that is like 2-3x the damage you were doing before when you get to hit the head
>rinse, repeat like 3 times to win

There's nothing to learn about the boss, what you are supposed to do is immediately apparent and disproportionately rewarding.

>Some
Try fucking ALL, it's my single biggest complaint about the gameplay, especially since the grabs usually come out at the same speed as other attacks which require different counters.
I get that you're supposed to pay attention to animations, but by the time you've realised what attack is coming it's usually too late and they've chunked most of your health.

Get the final skill of any tree, go find tengu.

They dont give exact % but one of the loading tips does specifically mention that timing your parry is important and that each subsequent one is harder if you mash.

>Vault Over lets you use Ninjutsu in combat
Well that's neat.
One thing is wrong with this; the Mushin Arts Esoteric Text can be unlocked by mastering other Secret Skills. I got it long before Cross Slash by unlocking Shadowdash instead.

The bosses in Sekiro aren't hard for me anymore, so I care more about the freedom than the initial difficulty curve. I don't care about your tryhard faggotry, I care about the replayability and fun.

the fact that the player's posture is almost completely irrelevant is a huge flaw
there were so many times my posture broke mid enemy combo and i didn't even get hit because the stun is so short. just felt fucking stupid
game was definitely nothing special but i have had worse weekends than the one i spent beating it, it's a solid 7

The same is true of a lot of the bosses in BB, but you didn't mention those. The head is a critical point throughout the franchise.
Hell, hitting Guardian Ape in the face is the best way to end the first phase, it has two or three separate staggers for doing so.

I wouldn't put divine dragon with the rest of FROM's gimmick bosses, it may be too easy but its a pretty nice set-piece boss and in a game with dozens of anime swordsman it was a good break. If moving forward every gimmick boss FROM makes was on the level of folding screen monkeys and divine dragon I would probably never complain about them again.

>beat Sekiro
>never finished DS2, figure I might as well give it a go
>it feels like playing a Guitar Hero song on Easy after playing on Expert, and you fuck up constantly because the notes come too slowly

>fighting Owl 2
>camera very often unlocks for no reason, which almost always results in me getting hit
Nice game, Fromcucks.

Just finished it
>literally nioh minus stances
>so many YOOOOOOOOOO backgrounds, castles and wheat fields you get sick of them
>most of the bosses are bullshit forcing you to memorize every move making it no fun
>no weapons and armors
>no multi
>no replayability
3/10 and that's me being generous

You can stunlock this boss without having to parry once. I beat him mashing R1 until he was dead.

>Folding screen monkeys.
I felt EXTREMELY retarded when i realised what the four different rooms were for, after i had already chased down and killed the three bastards.
Killing the fourth when i noticed clutter moving around on it's own felt good though.

Guardian ape is gay. Scares the fuck out me and psyches me out. To make matters worse I think I am doing him late so there is no excuse for me.

My vitality is 14
Attack power is 6.

I find nioh easier as I summoned my way through the whole game.

>sneaking up behind the green monkey and ghost monkeys spawn behind him
>stay in sneak mode and let the ghosts hit me so I don't run and alert green one
>Mfw lost a life but was able to res right next to green monkey and kill him

Attached: GiornoRisingSun.jpg (240x240, 22K)

Nioh is tougher for sure, though sometimes that toughness comes from what feels like bullshit. I'm not very good at Nioh though compared to the abyss lvl 999 people or whatever that is.

Bump

Burden of proof is on you.

Yeah but at that level the game is literally artificially difficult and you're only way to really survive is to minmax immunity and just focus entirely on counter attacking because playing too aggressively is going to kill you.

>Nioh is tougher for sure
Nioh will never be tough in any shape or form as long as sloth exists. It's easier than even Demon's Souls.

nioh is way easier if you just use the tools they give you
there are so many ways to cheese in that game

Sloth doesn't work on Way of the Autist difficulties. It's absolutely broken in the first run though. To the point that my friends got mad at me for picking the "broken" playstyle like it was my fault or something Onmyo Magic was busted as fuck before a million patches.

The first part is so fucking easy but my dumbass keeps fucking up the 2nd part.

There are ways to cheese every souls game and soulslike user, let's not pretend that a single FROM game is difficult if you decide to play around those cheeses.

the game spoonfeeds you too much info as it is

Attached: file.png (1443x523, 1024K)

Cheese Phase 1 with tools. Fire and Firecrackers will both rustle his jimmies.
Just run around in Phase 2 and take potshots, with the occasional deflection. If you get used to running all the time you'll never have trouble with the Roar. The Roar is actually telegraphed well in advance by the animation, do NOT look for the Unblockable Kanji to indicate roars.
Spam your terror healing so you're always at 0 Terror.

If you're against Monkey Trouble Mach 2 then it's a simple matter of, again, running around. Just throw some ninja stars from a good Shuriken upgrade at his girlfriend, then go in for the kill.

Honestly they're so fucking easy, I have no idea how people have trouble. It's just a Dark Souls boss. The only thing that should catch you out is the sweep moves from the Headless variety, as the aerial can be a bit quicker than you expect, and it's very easy to confuse what you think is a Roar for what is actually a different ground sweep attack. In that case, just don't be at a kill range.

There's also tons of other stuff i've seen people do with prosthetic tools and other items. If one strategy doesn't work, there's probably another. In that sense, Guardian Ape is actually the best fight in the game easily - you can approach it with all kinds of different strategies and they're all viable.

Don't stop going in. Don't pussy out to heal, fucking KILL THE MOTHERFUCKER hell yea this game is sick

>doesn't explain the combat
STOPPED. READING. THERE.

I've seen so many people struggle with fucking O'rin of the water. The boss is literally a slower paced centipede idk how you can struggle against her

Nobody said anything about Souls games being uncheeseable, but sloth is literally the single most retardedly broken ability I've ever seen in a video game. Slow the speed of every enemy including bosses by 50% is literally cheat engine tier. They better remove that shit from Nioh 2.

Charm?

>muscle memory the game is hard and has a good combat
imagine thinking that
its like being proud of being a wagekek that does same shit everyday so his body does everything automatically

I can't disagree with that. They looked quite humble in the interviews for 2 so I hope they've taken a lot of criticism to heart.

You can't be broken if you deflect user. Git gud

charm

Attached: charm.png (729x681, 716K)

Trainer. Infinite damage.

> >Divine Dragon
Is fucking 10/10 are you joking

Attached: 1469723395115.png (1920x1080, 1.64M)

why can't i deflect anything from this asshole?!
i try to deflect or dodge left but still manage to get clipped half the time.

They have, so they'll make Nioh 2 even easier. Just like they did to Nioh after alpha.

>that casual walking chug

2 of which can be jumped and the last can be deflected or use mikiri which has thr biggest window in the game

But it's not a shitty game also most
are enjoying both you fucking goober.

I hope not, I had a lot of fun in the alpha.

>long arm centipede giraffe

Attached: 44b598e2.jpg (1920x1541, 142K)

t. baddie

> MGR
Literally better than any DMC game, so I see no problem with it

Attached: 1497802484214.png (631x710, 1003K)

What poison?

You need to use your parry BEFORE the attack lands. The parry has wind-up window where deflection occurs, which means you need to anticipate an attack and aim to have the attack land in the middle of that wind-up window. This means you don't ever, EVER parry "the moment an attack lands", that's how you get hit. The third paragraph is actually more accurate in that regard, so this tooltip technically contradicts itself.

What does "harder for deflects to succeed" mean? Will you get hit? Will you just block instead? Will you still block the hit but you deal less posture damage?
What does "repeatedly pressing" mean in the context of an enemy that wails on you multiple times in a combo? Is a "press" the same as a deflection even if it succeeds?
It doesn't mention parry frames or parry windows.

Point proven, and also divulging crucial information via randomly generated loading screens wouldn't even be acceptable even if the information was accurate. Perhaps i'm being needlessly nitpicky but seeing as this is the single-most important mechanic in the game, you'd expect more than one training session with a dummy and advice delivered in a way that is easily missed.

>practice mikiri counter countless times with no problems
>try to use it in a battle
>instadeath

I'm going to have a fucking stroke

Attached: gooseafraid.jpg (1024x682, 35K)

Depends on the difficulty. The game was literally easier on hardest difficulty since parry just one—two shot everything including bosses

>gear dependent progress
>cheesing bosses with OP setups
Gee sam

dark souls never mentioned exactly how many frames you have on dodge either, so fucking what?

Yes you should. Descending and ascending carp is also really good in the ashina tree

>People complaining about the combat are just shit
>Posts the easiest boss in the game with only 2 moves
Your example is shit

The weapon will gleam when you need to dash in

i keep looking for this in my skills but don't see it anywhere

it's the top one in the first skill tree

>not Chadimonji and Panty severing cross

that repetition of the same kill move really ruins the effect

>reheated pasta

Did Namco Bandai give Dark Souls reviewers a PDF full of information that delves into the specific, that were then not included in the basic game despite being important enough to tell journalists about?
Also Dark Souls didn't need to tell you that shit because it was tied intuitively to equip load
with both a number and an animation informing the player they need to shed some pounds.

How does anyone actually know that spamming the parry button reduces timing if the animation doesn't even change?
"So fucking what" is I assume what people also say to you when you drop in your useless two cents.

Nice.

yeah im just not interested in playing a video game from a defensive perspective

i want to overwhelmingly attack, not parry shit

i still just dont understand why this game was made, they couldve made a 10 million seller

>despite being important enough to tell journalists about?
or maybe they told the journalists because they know gaming journalists are fucking retarded

Gimmick boss is the only good boss in Sekiro (Monkeys)

>i want to overwhelmingly attack
and that's how you're supposed to play the game
if you're waiting for the enemy to attack then you're going to take forever to kill them

Like hell it don't. Also carnage/enfeeble or whatever the other one was called.

>that easy as fuck to jump over leg sweep
looks easy.

Why does it fucking matter?
You're casual trash who needs to be spoonfed every little thing about every game, some people like figuring stuff out on their own.

You never beat a single video game without looking up a guide, I guarantee it.

Wait were the rooms for? I only figured out opening the door in the one to make it dark to kill the seeing monkey. After that I just went around and sneak attacked the loud orange one, and the green one was in the middle of the area and I rang the bell in his face to kill him. I just assumed the other rooms were red herrings or something because the monkeys would never go in them no matter what I did.

What does that do?

looks 10/10 but the fight is a shit show.
I was really disappointed as fuck, it's wasted potential.

if you give it away you take damage whenever you block

People are literally putting the game down because they don't understand the parry system, because it consistently feels worthless and ineffective. You can pretend they're casuls that need to git gud but they'd probably get into the game if there was proper training and info on how exactly to utilise deflections.

Again, this wouldn't be an issue if deflections weren't the be and end all of every relevant fight in the game.

Why can't you just accept that the game is a fucking failure in regards to actually telling people how to play? I like the game, too, but christ, stop being autistic for a second and understand that some people need to know shit like this. Try reddit if you want an echo chamber.

what the fuck my hits barely even dent his posture

why are you so fucking asshurt about this. Just learn to play the game it's only difficult for the first 5-10 hours depending on how much ass you suck

git gud

>near perfect execution
bro... I don't wanna be the one to tell you this but... you're not good for beating this game... I'm so sorry bro...

Heard that was standard in NG+

I think I have reached an exploration check point. I have killed everything up to corrupted monk, I really gotta fight Genichiro now don’t I? How hard is he? Been putting off fighting him since people says he’s hard as shit.

Those are perfect deflects

How about you beat me off bro

>Autists can't understand one of the simplest and long standing mechanics that has existed across countless action games.
Play more games you casual fucks

Not that bad, I managed to explore everything but the village and managed to beat him first try without knowledge of his moveset. Fantastic boss though.

I think this is going to be some dangerous logic for discussing Sekiro, because now faggots can just say "haha you're just not good enough" to anyone that has any gripes with the game at all even if they have completed the game.
Personally I think Sekiro has good gameplay, but it's not some perfect god-tier experience in my eyes, and It only took me 8 tries to defeat Sword Saint.

Imagine being so new that sekiro is your first fromsoft title launch on Yea Forums
You fags sound like whiny journalists that cant even double jump in cup head

>The game demands near perfect execution
It really doesn't
Perfect deflect timing is very lenient. If you're sitting and mashing deflect then obviously you will fuck up, but it does not demand anywhere near perfect execution at all, it's very lenient compared to other games with similar mechanics which shall not be named because the fromdrone will become assmad.

As someone who beat the game, that's not true. Almost all the minibosses and all the humanoid bosses are beat by spamming block and then attacking.

Genichiro is intended to be killed before purple corrupted monk and all those other bosses you've explored to.
He's supposed to be the third boss in the game even though you can go different paths, so he'll probably be really easy for you.
The people who say he's hard as shit just fucking suck at the game mate, he's easy.

nope

You said lenient twice. No other words come to mind?

relaxed then. It's lenient and relaxed.

Hit Genichiro with the Sabimaru blade combos twice in a row and it poisons him down to about 80% Vitality, then from there take him down to 75% or less vitality and his Posture recovers much slower, allowing you to slow down and play more defensively

Also one thing I learned that the game doesn't say is that you can block Perilous Attacks but they have to be Perfect Parries every time or it'll hit