Finally gave this a try because I'm always on the lookout for rpgs with unique settings...

Finally gave this a try because I'm always on the lookout for rpgs with unique settings. But we're already off to a bad start.

I usually try to do most of the side quests in games but the ones here seem to be really generic and boring. I'm getting flashbacks to the first Nier. How should I deal with them? Can I skip most of them or will that leave me underpowered later on?

Attached: 220px-Xenoblade_box_artwork.png (220x312, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RmfRj1t3NRg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just take every sidequest you find. Most of them are done as you explore/progress. I rarely went out of my way to complete them, I just let it happen.

It's been a long time since finished this game, so i don't know if i can really reccomend it anymore. The only thing i know is that i am glad i actually played it through.

If you can make it past the halfway point without dying out, i highly suggest that you play the latter half as well. I promise that you will be pleasantly surprised.

Just accept all the generic quests and you'll finish them all as you explore the area. You get some good money and gear from them, but it's not essential. Cores are much more important. There are some good sidequests in there as well.

If anything, doing the sidequests will fuck the balance over by making you way overpowered. This problem is still there in the sequel.
The difficulty of the main storyline is clearly designed with you doing no sidequests ever in mind.
I suggest you do those you like or find interesting, ignore the tedious ones. Some of them are nice world building, but unfortunately most of them are entirely throwaway no effort collect 10 bear asses trash. None of them at all are essential for the main story.
I finished the game first time by not touching anything Colony 6 (the optional quest zone) related, and I was just fine.

All of what the other anons said is true.
The best I can add is that if you do continue the game, you'll find that there's never much downtime for the story, the pace is consistent and the cutscenes always have good acting.
The game also constantly tries to one-up itself in terms of location variety.
How did you like Nier 1 besides the sidequest stuff?
I'm almost done with Automata right now and am strongly considering playing Nier 1 because the story of NierA has been incredible.

>This problem is still there in the sequel.

No it's not, it's explicitly fixed in the sequel. When you do Sidequests in that you get Bonus Exp that doesn't affect your level unless you choose to add it, and you can control how much bonus exp you use.

Holy shit what an awesome concept

don't do the sidequests except the rare blade ones, they're awful and drove me nuts. anyone remember that quest where you had to help this bitch get the perfect singing voice to get her son back?? fuck that shit

Attached: 1553686933996m.jpg (1024x1019, 107K)

That's 2 you retard.

the fuck are you talking about, fag??

I wouldn't really call that a fix, more like a bandaid but ok.

I love melia

Attached: 1465643407966.jpg (800x800, 82K)

>jrpgs with unique settings

You just wrote an oxymoron

>How did you like Nier 1 besides the sidequest stuff?
I'm almost done with Automata right now and am strongly considering playing Nier 1 because the story of NierA has been incredible.
It's kind of a flawed masterpiece for me. Automata is somewhere in my top 5. Nier has a lot better characters but mediocre gameplay and the additional endings pretty poorly executed compared to Automata. The story is really good, I'd say on a similar level. It depends on how lenient you can be towards of a game that are great in dome aspects but weak in others.

JRPGs have much better worlds than all the samey WPRGs.

It's good but the lacks of Hikari makes it bad.

Show me a WRPG with a setting like Xenoblade 1 and 2, or X.

I'd say it's more common. Can't think of many wrpgs with unique settings besides Morrowind and Planescape. But I'm open to counter examples.

Not him, but check out Planescape. One of the most unique settings I've encountered in all media.

What is unique about Xenoblade? It's just the same fantasy grassland as every other rpg ever, just with added Jojo stands...

You're retarded.

That's an awful "solution" that doesn't actually fix the problem, just punts it to the player.

I'm playing it now too (undub version) and just reached prison island. The side quests are absolutely boring, but I do love killing those big monsters.

xenoblade 2 is so good. Do I need to play xenoblade chronicles for the torna dlc first ?

You should played the first game before playing 2. The ending has a much bigger impact.

Attached: Ch7Sg6.png (2560x1440, 3.62M)

But he meets shulk in the dlc or something or is that the ending or whatever. Pls don't spoil to hard though. At world tree atm

My advice would be to avoid playing weeb garbage in the first place

What went wrong?

Attached: xenotrash18.jpg (1280x1440, 486K)

>undub version
You mean you selected japanese audio? There is no undub version

how is the 3ds version compared to the wii? Should I emulate or can I just play it on the 3ds.

Emulate. 3ds version doesn’t do the environments justice, and there is no japanese VA

Meeting characters from the first game is just in Challenge Mode. It's not cannon.

Too late, like half of my favourite works of fiction are from Japan.

You seem to be under the wrong assumption that I care about your shitty lowlife existence

I'm not far but I am kind of curious what makes the setting unique besides the core idea. I mean sure, the idea of it being set on two giants is unique but how does that actually play out in the environment. The terrain and architecture looks rather basic.

>I usually try to do most of the side quests in games
Dude, don't. Just don't. You'll completely ruin your experience.
Sidequests are Xenoblade's worst problem by far.

>The terrain and architecture looks rather basic
Have you not played the game? The environments are beautiful

Name a single genre with more (or even as much) unique settings than jrpgs. I'll wait.

Based retard

I ended up dropping it after the leg honestly.

Cope

He obviously hasn't.

two great locations can be seen here

Why?

That's what I thought too before playing it, but there are plenty of beutiful areas.
Satorl Marsh, Eryth Sea, nopon village and Alcamoth especially stand out

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

The trip to the Mechonis capital is extremely boring.

Putting it in the hands of the player is a fix whether you like it or not.

The Mechonis capital is near the end of the game

You forgot one of the best day to night transition: youtube.com/watch?v=RmfRj1t3NRg

Not that much, he's past the half way point but the core, capital and everything after takes a ton of time, especially since you have to do everything in it immediately or you'll lose access to it.

Just grab the sidequests you see and if you happen to finish them as you go along then you're fine. The only areas where it's worth it to do most of them are Colony 9 because Shulk's best skill tree is locked behind max affinity there, and the area where you get the seventh permanent party member because she has a very strong skill tree locked behind sidequests there and Shulk gets a very useful optional art there. Any other sidequests don't really have enough payoff to bother with unless you're going for 100%. Any timed ones won't make you miss anything useful if you skip them so only do them if the possibility of missing them forever bothers you.

As for being over or underpowered you'll be fine as long as you just fight whatever you come across. As long as you're within 5 levels of the enemy you'll be able to hit them normally. The final boss hits level 82 mid fight so make sure you're level 77 before you pass the obvious point of no return before it (a party member will ask you if you want to keep going)