1995-2005

was this the best decade in video games?

Attached: BFTP1.jpg (1280x720, 446K)

1998-2008 was good too.

Why would they lead with an image of a shit one...?

>blast from the past
>3d games
"No."

This but without the slightest bit of irony

1996 - 2004 was the golden age

>456219108
Weak.

Haha me cool because me hate what everyone else likes xD

Because there's a vocal minority that seem to love HL when in fact it was quite mediocre.

>time froze when I was a kid and the past will never be later than that

yes

So what are the 10 games?

Found them
Half life 1+2
Counter strike
Sims 1
Deus ex
Rayman 2
NFS underground 2
NFS most wanted
Max Payne 1+2
Vice City
San Andreas
Mafia 1
Resident evil 1 (2002)

so a PC gaming Playstation boomer made the list, hunh?

That is one of the worst lists I've ever seen, the amount of amazing games in that decade?

sure
but 2007

Yeah, but really, anything from 1988, when game started to take shape, the NES started to get some strong sequels and games started to diversify from the arcade types, to 2007 when most genres started to struggle, is a good year. It's crazy to think that by 2010 every strategy subgenre was dead, simulation and tycoon was dead, JRPGs were stagnant and becoming more mobile and social focused, WRPGs were yet to be revived, racing games were stagnant and losing prestige, fighting games had some bad sequels, 3D platformers bad died for good, and so many other cases. It was so bad even now feels better.

you haven't seen enough normalfag top lists if this isn't the kind of lineup you'd have expected
I'd be more shocked to see a diverse list of fundamentally compelling games

Zoomer, I would never recommend any of these games to mentally retarded children. These were great the year they were released, but doesn't appeal to Fortnite/Minecraft addicts like yourself.

assuming assumptions, implying implications

>Sims 1 when 2 exists
>combines both HL and Max Payne games in one entry but splits Vice City and SA and both NFS games
>two ricer NFS games
>no RE4
>no sands of time
>NO HALO WTF
>oh hehe it's that deus ex game that everyone seems to like let me just put it in there for gamur street cred
This list is garbage by every metric imaginable.

Sands of Time belongs on a Top Platformer/ (maybe) Adventure game of all time list, but not Best GOAT list period. The combat is too simplistic.

Parkour platforming was something innovative that really hasn't been used enough ever since, and no asscreed autopilot platforming doesn't count.

Oh fucking please. Can you stop with the idiotic contrarianism and trying to sound "intelligent". "Vocal minority", fucking lol. The original Half-life and especially it's engine and mods were quite legendary, There's a reason why something like CS 1.6 is still being played 20 years later today. HL2 is another story though, that game is quite mediocre but it spawned some good shit as well.

I've seen some stupid shit here but calling the original half-life fans a vocal minority really takes the cake. Original Half-life had the same impact on PC as FF7 did on consoles at the time. Of course people still talk about it.

No. Right now we're living in the golden age. In the 90s you'd never dream of stuff like Dwarf Fortress. Games like Rimworld and it constantly get updated with loads of content. It's a dream come true.
Old classics like Morrowind get new retail game sized mods regularly. And new games like the new DMC and Shadows Don't Die are released almost monthly.

It's vidya heaven and I don't have time to play it all. It's not 2009 anymore, you stupid boomer fuck.

>was this the best decade in video games?
yes, but hl2 should not be played if you haven't played it. There are a lot better games from that era to play.

yep
I was playing Ninja Gaiden II and couldn't help but notice how poorly it apes wall-running, pole-swinging, and wall jumping---completely on rails and with no feedback.

For me, it's Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, and Jet Set Radio Future.

Attached: the prince.jpg (800x444, 75K)

I don't have any problem with this being a list for good games.
but recommending people play: sims 1; counterstrike; hl2; resident evil 1 2002, now is dumb.

>its engine
>mods
>CS
>impact
opinion discarded

While it's true that the market now allows for more diverse and creative titles as well as easy access to old ones with mods, there hasn't been a consistent stream of groundbreaking or truly excellent games. Deus Ex, Thief, Ocarina of Time, Baldur's Gate 2, Resident Evil 4 and much more were either revolutionary or really fucking good. Nowadays we only get that every several years.

>In the 90s you'd never dream of stuff like Dwarf Fortress.
why would you want to?
>new retail game sized mods
you have to be really easy to please if you think literal hobbyists put out anything as playable as a dedicated team of professionals
>And new games like the new DMC and Shadows Don't Die are released almost monthly.
I'd rather it be weekly.
Besides, we're heading for a big ol' months long drought now that March is over and absolutely nothing else is confirmed on the horizon.
>It's vidya heaven and I don't have time to play it all. It's not 2009 anymore, you stupid boomer fuck.
tasteless retard
play more games and pay more attention to what you're playing; you might learn something

Counterstrike is still fun today, but it's by no means a perfect game and there are way better team-based FPSs people can play now

I guess, didn't think people still played the first first one.

>you have to be really easy to please if you think literal hobbyists put out anything as playable as a dedicated team of professionals
Oh wow, head back to plebbit anytime.

>HL
>9 million units sold in 2008
>vocal minority

Attached: 1552867575211.png (215x219, 30K)

million units sold in 2008
That's like less than a third of Fortnite.

Wait until you hear about pokemon

Is that also only liked by a vocal minority?

Heh, yes.

You can spin it however you like, 9 million is not a "vocal minority"
And I know the gaming market has grown substantially since that time, nowadays gaming franchises are required to sell millions to even be concidered a success. This was not the case in 98

depends on which game

Attached: r - 1526873970077.jpg (1063x1079, 129K)

cringe

Didn't realize you surveyed every person that bought it, my apologies.

Got the real list.
1. Final Fantasy VII
2. D2 (by WARP)
3. Silent Hill 2
4. Donkey Kong Country 2
5. Resident Evil 2
6. Resident Evil 4
7. Ridge Racer Type 4
8. Halo
9. Soul Calibur
10. Diablo 2

boooo

but half life 2 sucks fucking balls as a sequel, I thought this was common knowledge even for the simplest of normies

2001-2011

Attached: tumblr_p7rvsn28ru1wiaysxo1_1280.png (943x1920, 702K)

>resident evil 1 2002
What's the problem with playing REmake now?

>combines both HL and Max Payne games in one entry but splits Vice City and SA and both NFS games
It was actually all seperate entries in the YouTube description, I just combined them to type it out faster, given it was supposed to be a top 10 list I assume all 4 franchises were combined in the video itself.

Half Life was shit to begin with.

That still doesn't add up, I don't know what weird ass math was applied here but there's no logical way to arrive at 10.

M8 you can continue your epic baiting if you like, but I'm legitimately curious about what half life is to you, an old grandpa shooter?
Have you heard about Doom? It's pretty obscure

The only great games on here are RERE and Dude Sex. GTA was always shit. Graphics, controls, just awful. Meme games.

The only thing I thought was great about it was the movement. Rest is mediocre or too dated