Can we talk about the greatest game ever made?

can we talk about the greatest game ever made?

Attached: maxresdefaultCA32SO7L.jpg (1280x720, 291K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kjvtQXsqvWY
youtube.com/watch?v=hkDXNSWJLuo
youtube.com/watch?v=I9Dz8mKgeOs
sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/eng/download
maps4heroes.com/heroes5/maps.php
heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=41341
heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=39830&pagenumber=347
celestialheavens.com/forum/2/14710
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yea Homm IV was superb

>Those bland textures on the Necropolis and the Dragonfly Nest
I sure hope you aren't suggesting the HD rerelease was good.

Aaand thread already ruined everyone go home.

funny meme

Is there any mod that restores the sci-fi faction to HOMM3 that was cut due to collective reeeee before release?

>shitty spinoff of an actually good series
>good

I don't remember those purple flowers in the original.

It was never finished and it was not fan feedback that caused it to be cut but internal decisions.

Internal decisions based on fan feedback if I recall correctly. It was very close to release date before it got cut so I don't think it would have been too hard to restore.

AB was developed in six months.

They actually did next to nothing

>Spooky Necropolis
>surrounded by geen trees and a comfy meadow
That's why Disciples has territorial conversion.

>Disciples
>can't tell units from the ground because everything is brown
Great game

I mean sure, but I don't see what that pic has to do with DMC3

I just can't get into turnbased strategy games. I just lack the patience or skill to play them well enough to enjoy them.
HOMM III is so good I like it anyways. Just so comfy and it has aged really well imo. It's a shame it's a horrible unbalanced mess without certain rules, but I think the rules currently are just fine. They just need to get rid of fucking haste and slow so there would be a reason to use some of the cool spells instead of just mass haste and fuck everything in a single turn.

Attached: homm3 guide.png (1248x4348, 2.73M)

>being blind

>always take sorcery
Is this b8?

This has to be bait, I can't believe people are this stupid.

I need to know if this is serious or not.

Sure let's talk.

Attached: 52423-Theme_Park_(E)-1.jpg (600x575, 78K)

>knowledge > spellpower
>creature buildings > town hall build order
Ask me how I know this is bullshit.
It's the worst kind of trolling image - where good stuff is mixed with lies.

This game still gets like 1k viewers on twitch. This is like the russians starcraft

Oh no, you accidentally posted the wrong image! How embarrassing for you

Attached: rct2.jpg (639x361, 101K)

It's bait.

Fuck off make your own guide then.

absolute shit taste

>shitty repetitive game
good
>actual good games bad
dmcfags are so based

It might be meant as serious, but it definitly has some straight out wrong or retarded advices
If you'd wish, I might wanna elaborate

Tief op ruud

never played homm before should i download it and try it?

It's designed for beginners who play on the easiest difficulty where you start with plenty of gold

You all seem to have posted the wrong image..

Attached: images(6).jpg (640x398, 72K)

2 is still my favorite because it's a direct improvement from 1.

Sure, III is very easy to get into

I can't stop playing Dominions 5, it's replaced homm3 as my favorite turn based strategy. Help.

get the GOG version, and then install the HOMM3 HD mod

I've never played Dominions, but aren't they basically only worth playing for multiplayer?

>rushing creature dwellings instead of stabilizing income first

Does that faggot play Fortress?

>playing as the second worst faction

There is a fan made mod Horn of the Abyss that adds a faction + some other content and as far as I heard they plan to bring back the originally removed Forge faction. The cycle repeats and in some threads I've seen anons go balistic about how they hate the idea and it ruins the setting.

Sorry, I meant to say

>does that faggot main Fortress?

>stabilizing income
You stabilize income by conquering more of the map and what do you need for that? That's right fucking creatures

You get creatures first and use them to clear the map to get gold. If you buy town halls first you will be greeted by the enemy dragons in the 2nd week when you have nothing.

>Never take Gremlins, Goldems and Gargoyles
How the fuck are you suppose to do anything with three starting units?

The most unbalanced shitshow, and easiest game to learn in the whole series.

And i fucking love it.

Attached: power.jpg (1000x591, 173K)

>they plan to bring back the originally removed Forge faction.
AKSHULLY it's not the same, it's called Factory and it's more steampunk-like.

Attached: factory_horn_of_the_Abyss.jpg (1017x671, 224K)

>homm iv fans
You guys are DMC2 of heroes community, hope you're aware of that.

Imagine being this fucking pleb

Why all those games die so quickly?

Heroes died with the release of 6.
Disciples turned shit at 3
Age of Wonders threw away its identity at 3
King's Bounty The Legend instantly died with shit tier expansions post crossroads
Master of Magic keeps getting shitty spinoffs of low quality

Its like there's some sort of curse on this whole genre.

It's a reddit style guide before reddit was a thing.

>start releasing shitty games in unpolished beta state
>WTF WHY DID IT FAIL
We need top men on this case.

Attached: 4.png (125x128, 29K)

Thanks for clearing that out user, I guess there are no mods for the original faction then, but Factory is the closes we'll get to.

>HotA released 5 years ago

What's the ETA on Factory?

Hope you guys aware of this.

Attached: succession wars.png (800x600, 621K)

Forge as it is (high-tech cyberpunk faction) is insanely hard to write into Heroes even if you try your best with art design. In M&M games sci-fi twist comes at the end like a final level of the game which comes as natural progression. But what do you do if it's a starting faction on the same footing as the rest? Do you make it super strong and super expensive to compensate, like a new Wizard? Would they stlil travel horseback or develop faster travel? That's just a can of worms that's impossible to contain.

>don't buy ammo cart
I hope none of you are dumb enough to fall for that

Attached: tumblr_p4x8voZvQ91r5wuzpo1_400[1].png (400x459, 149K)

Like a year or so last time they answered.

>gaudy frankensteined UI that doesn't look like either 2 or 3
>terrible original art
>Fortress is basically... just Fortress
Thanks, it succed

I'm still waiting for the full proper release. I ain't downloading a beta half baked thing.

What's shit about
>Ballistics
>Leadership
>Luck
>Mysticism
>Learning

Anyone?

7 stacks of units in heroes 2 campaign. That alone is bonkers. It has its own ups and downs though.

Attached: Fortress.png (800x600, 433K)

Tribes of the east > Heroes III
I especially like that battle only mode, it's nice to have just the main meat of the game without all the potatoes once in a while

Attached: 17934[1].jpg (1280x960, 318K)

They are both equally great, there's a reason V is liked as much as III. Wouldn't praise soulless 3d of V though.

>Ballistics
Doesn't scale unlike your army, tied to one somewhat fragile unit
>Leadership, luck
Easily made obsolete with common artefacts
>Mysticism
That 3 mana per day is irrelevant, go find a well or something nigga
>Learning
Bonus xp is useless once you max out all your skills and get only stats with level, you miss out on having additional skill that would help you in battles or exploration

There are 100+ free pickups of lying all over the map .
Assuming you are playing against a real person who knows what the fuck they're doing.

The other cunt you're playing against is going to go around clearing wandering stacks and grabbing everything off the map while (You) are 'stabilizing' your income????

I'd like to play HoMM3 but for some reason the installer keeps failing to start so i'm sticking to the second-best thing HoMM5

Ballistics is ultra important if you aren't auto battling everything.

What's a HoMM game that fixes the whole "pool all units and XP into one or two heroes" meta?

>go find a well or something nigga

People are under the impression that they're featured in every map for some reason.

Yeah soon as Seth makrs a vid on it

I hope you're using the Heroes 5.5 mod for your own sake.

none, that's the meta in every single entity in the franchise

he already made a vid on Heroes 3 nigga

>Wouldn't praise soulless 3d of V though.
Town screens and spell effects look amazing.
I personally like the design of units too but it's subjective.
3d doesn't work so great for the world map, makes everything feel small, underground is cool though

Attached: screen005[1].jpg (1024x819, 335K)

They are if you play the master race

Attached: Adventure_Map_Dungeon_fort[1].gif (166x165, 21K)

Bro i don't play these games. I just listen to his videos for the memes. His voice helps me sleep

>Fortress
>second worst faction
Highest possible defense, and tankiest units among all factions. Also dragonflies are great for both weakening attack of your opponent and speed boosting of your heroes through micro managing, as well as baiting ai during combat.

And don't forget fucking wyverns.

Attached: wyverns.jpg (1920x1326, 268K)

>Never upgrade Gogs to Magogs!!!
why?

The splash damage that they gain hurt your own units, rendering Magogs useless.

>Wyvern Nests can be built within the first 3-4 days of a match

Why is this allowed?

>Fortress
>second worst faction
yeah, he should had said THE WORST FACTION
fuck you swampniggers you stink of poopwater and water magic

Attached: spurdo might.png (680x577, 52K)

Because other factions have some other fucked up shit allowed. That's heroes iii balance for you.

Watching the russians play on twitch, the towns are pretty irrelevant and only useful for picking starting heroes.
They just spam heroes and use whatever units to clear out creature banks to get the free tier6/7s

that makes sens. thanks user

bumping with the best battle song:
youtube.com/watch?v=kjvtQXsqvWY

If you want to seriously learn HoMM III, consider watching TheKnownWorld (also known as MeKick)
Those dude's videos are alright.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (288x288, 19K)

why wouldn't you upgrade to magic elementals?

I just read "The Succubus War"

>Fortress is basically... just Fortress
Can I see unit rosters somewhere?

They're immune to magic. So you can't haste or bless them.

You need very big amount of wood for that.

I got big amount of wood right here

Same reason why you can build behemoth lairs on day 3
BALANCE

>Don't upgrad your units

What kind of anti-fun autism is this?

>2013
>two days after my paternal grandmother died in hospice
>playing Civ V as Egypt, at war with the Incas cause they're jealous of all my Wonders while the Greeks are trying to get elected leaders of the World Congress
>Mom tells me that she's taking our 7-year-old German Shepherd to the vet cause he's acting restless and uncomfortable
>dumbass probably just ate a rock or something
>30 minutes later mom comes back in tears, tells me it's really bad
>he had a hemangiosarcoma which ruptured and there's nothing that can be done for him
>this is fucking bullshit he was completely fine yesterday
>dad is still asleep cause he works nights, we go to wake him up to tell him the dog (who is basically his best friend in the entire world) is going to die out of fucking nowhere
>two fucking days after he just watched his mother die
>dad is absolutely fucking wrecked, never seen him that upset before
>he doesn't wake up in the morning
>entire family flooding the room with tears
>lose my mother to grieving a year later
>didn't touch my Civ game for 2 years because it reminded me of that time
>one day start it up again
>Incas balls deep in my shit, Alexander has half the city states on lockdown with a vote not far away
>Doing this one for you guys
>Steadily push the Incas back out of my territory and sign a peace treaty ASAP
>meanwhile send all my spies to fuck with the city-states, spend just about all the resources I have paying every other Civ to vote for me as leader when Congress convenes, use the remaining money to bribe more city-states
>manage to soundly defeat the Greeks in the election
>name the save file after the dog
I miss you Nash

Attached: nash.jpg (639x595, 81K)

Yeah but what has Civ got to do with HoMM3

I mean maybe lategame when you're all set, it just means upgrades for certain units should be dead last on your expense list.

>how come the developers let you have 6 boobs

HERESY

OK Yea Forums. Which one?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 300K)

The HD remake sucks balls though.

Just use the free slav HD mod.

Always gold. Exp from winning battles. And always reduce losses to minimum by baiting opponent with 1 stacks.

wait, so did your dog never wake up in the morning or your dad?

gold is better early.

Yeah that's a good point, in the main series the tech units are always end-game and insanely strong. Even more so, they are written to be even stronger, like in MM8 Escaton almost destroys the whole planet.

Gold, so you have more resources to spend on castle upgrades and unit recruitment. You get experience by winning battles.

Attached: 2f0ce5b5e799f1e65e27d77e20153d754af99bed.jpg (1040x780, 132K)

Unironically been playing II the last few days, my first time playing homm in over 20 years.

Has anyone tried an AI-upscaled HD mod?

based, it's fucking kino

gold early in the game, xp later or if I'm expecting a tough battle and am close to leveling up.

So the last time I played HOMM3 was probably 10 years ago but the lately spam about it is really making me want to play it. What's the standard a-must mod nowadays?
Second question, the last HOMM I played was 5 + 5.5 mod about a year ago and I loved it, will I get a better experience out of redownloading 5.5 or should I go for 3 anyway?

BASED + REDPILL

At the very least, get the HD mod. HotA is also recommended.

Gameplay-wise both are good. I'd say replaying 3 nowadays is extra nice since all load times across the game are basically zero on modern hardware.

>tfw no heroes clone based on ravnica from magic the gathering

is VII worth playing at all?

There you go, bit revised
If there's any misconception or thing ain't elaborated enough, adress it
He said he'll be streaming this weekend, eh?

Yes but I don't know why you posted the wrong image, OP.

Attached: Yh4hNpD.png (640x480, 137K)

It's plain and mediocre

For fucks sake, I forgot attach the pic

Attached: guide_revised.png (2040x4344, 3.09M)

Last time I remember hero development was retarded and the skillwheel didn't allow for variety once you realized the one and true path of progression.

No. Multiplayer doesn't work properly and campaigns are absolute unmitigated trash.

why is HOMM4 the most divisive HOMM game?

Fuck off

Plot twist, the dog is the dad

Already seeing my mistakes with not mentioning the rework of how Resistance works in HotA and Royal Griffins as situational upgrade I forgot they get +3 speed when upgraded from basic Griffin

because it literally is just a hero game. creatures are useless past the first month. but goddamn if it doesnt have the best music out of the series
youtube.com/watch?v=hkDXNSWJLuo

>depends
>situational

Closed the image. The depends word people like to throw around is so vague that it has virtually no meaning anyway. Especially in a guide. You might as well haven't posted at all.

>month 1, week 1
Gold

Also that portrait for Vidomina is not her, whats wrong with your game????

How do I not be shit at homm3?

>best music
>posts trash
Hol up

I'm sorry but even if it has some good mechanics the artstyle is so atrocious I only played it once for 15 minutes before having to turn it off, it's literally the ugliest game I ever played

Attached: Nature.png (701x586, 907K)

There are alternatives to mana regen, but one skill slot can be really big. Like Offense, Tactics or a school of magic.

There's too many variables user
It varies from map to map, opponent to opponent, town to town, scenario to scenario. You gotta be analytical by yourself, the guide will merely aid you
Do you expect a guide on how to play chess to tell you how to react at every single possible configuration of chess pieces?
No, it'll tell you some of the specific tactics, openings, strategies, and counters

rush capital

sadly this. they tried to be cool and modern but it turned out only to be obnoxious and ugly

It certainly has that "CD point&click adventure" vibe.

Attached: art style.jpg (600x600, 40K)

i thought the weird 3D sprites were okay. not as good as 3 but not as atrocious as fully 3D in 5

Attached: 1393706949339.jpg (365x467, 48K)

Haha, better looking than my wife!!! Am I right fellas?

I really like visual designs in 6. Shame about the rest of the game.

That costs resources and the boost is not that big, in addition the splash hurts your units and can limit your choices of movement in the battlefield. That is somewhat fixed in Horn of the Abyss, because you can target any hex in the battlefied.

youtube.com/watch?v=I9Dz8mKgeOs

just pirate (complete editition) + patch [gog] and download HD mod from sites.google.com/site/heroes3hd/eng/download

They are absolutely godawful.

Attached: art_leprechaun.jpg (600x600, 29K)

You upgrade only what is necessary and gives a bigger boost, unless you play casually, then it doesn't matter.

Why is there so much HoMM3 threads lately?

Not that I am complaining but now I have to play it again.

This is what happens when you try to jump from 2D to 3D too quickly

Oh god they gave him a hairy chest

6 is by far the saddest game in the franchise. it does some things right, like the visual design you said and also each creature having unique abilities. but then it has some fucking abortion of a skill tree for leveling up and lack of different resources. i had such high hopes for 7 but the franchise is as good as dead at this point

I unironically really enjoyed the Naga faction. Pearl Priestess a best.

you cant see them this close up in the actual game so it works

Wait are you saying that just picking up 1 dwarf slows down my whole army on the map?

My life is a lie.

Gameplay > artsyle

I even liked their undead designs despite them all glowing green like 40k Necrons.

Yeah
Don't feel bad it took me 10 years to figure this out

no, it doesn't

Attached: leprachaun animations.gif (100x195, 136K)

yea start of turn you gain movement based on the slowest unit in your army

>Also that portrait for Vidomina is not her, whats wrong with your game????
Did you play the SoD campaign? Vidomina was originally a wizard.

yes it does

Which is another reason why 3 is a perfect game and 4 is a garbage fire

HD mod+ (the slav one), HotA is ok, but I'd reccomend vanilla with HD first. WoG is heavy on modifications, but also good if you are comfortable with the game.

Attached: 1553366044590.jpg (650x663, 109K)

What do you fellas think about homm5, specifically with 5.5 mod

Nostalgia aside it the most content-heavy and balanced game in the franchise, shame for the godawful 3D art and squares instead of hexes. Objectively speaking should be a superior game to homm3 but can't beat nostalgia

Attached: moddbh55brws.jpg (1024x768, 565K)

Best I can say about the graphics is that 'it's not so bad zoomed out', but really, what a sad remnant of the WoWification era.

I think Navigation goes together with Eagle Eye, then again, maybe I just didnt see people play naval maps if such a thing exists. Wish I wasn't lazy and could review fully and add something myself.

fuck off

Attached: no.png (854x479, 363K)

terrible to nonexistent adventure map objects and gigantic size of existing map assets leading to rather empty maps fuck everything up
skill changes in 5.5 were interesting but the game just isn't feature rich enough

Heroes 5.5 is really a must to enjoy this game, but yeah, it's good.

Play, think. Also various guides and streams if you are into that.

Ballistics are great in early game. If you play on small map expert ballistics is bullshit broken

>it ruins the setting
Might and Magic was always about fighting aliens and shiet. Heroes just never got into it but setting was always sci-fi.

Great skill system, that lets you experiment.
I even don't mind the unit design, but the map design is just boring.

It was bad even from the distance but this is actually sort of terryfying.

>never got into
I'm pretty sure it's stated some of the heroes literally popped out of a stargate.

Praise Crag.

Attached: 1553355955391.jpg (523x701, 92K)

Quite honestly, in multiplayer, naval maps are hardly ever played. If ever desu
Though gotta ask, why do you consider Eagle Eye worth combining with Navigation? Mby I'm missing something or I'm just plain and simply daft

This is why downloading fan made maps is a must. Stock maps that come with the game are garbage.
Also, 5.5 RMG.

He meant put navigation in the same category as eagle eye.

When's the next video Sseth?

>the map design is just boring
That's true. However user-created maps for 5 are truly magnificent, I don't really know how so many talented people have made so many good maps. They are miles above homm3 custom maps

>Also, 5.5 RMG.
?

whats wrong with upgrading to magic elemental

where do you get them?

random map generator

>ATA TATS your unit with Grim Raides on advanced field.

Attached: blood fury.jpg (400x600, 53K)

Can no longer buff him with your spells.

Seems like latter assumption applies. I'm fucking dense cuntfag
Can't apply positive buffs on them

>where do you get them?
maps4heroes.com/heroes5/maps.php

what's the proper order to playing the homm 3 campaigns?

you dont, just load up any map and play that instead

Is the random map generator for 5.5 that good?

You are severely slowed if you traverse terrain that is not native to units in your army. For movement points, your hero gains some extra points if you finish turn with fast units in army. This is why people drag around multiple heroes and pass around armies. The important heroes should finish turns with a few fast units to explore more.

Attached: 1553356803392.jpg (960x446, 147K)

Was Conflux overnerfed in HotA? I know it's a problem in vanilla, but they've gone too far I think.

I know it is, but that doesn't stop some others to say it ruins the setting. Some anons raise some good points though, like

not really

RoA-AB-SoD

It's been vastly improved over the original release. It's just a good alternative if you run out of user made maps or want to try something different.

heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=41341

I think flux still has some cool stuff, but they have been hit hard.

>Heroes V could've had Sanctuary if it wasn't yanked away from Nival by a new producer
>Heroes VI could've had Academy and Fortress if Ubi didn't give up on the engine after bankrupting the developer with bad management
Ya blew it

Might and Magic is a cursed franchise.
God help you if you are a developer working on this franchise. You WILL go bankrupt.

Nival was fine until they got consumed by mobile greed and Limbic is making the new Tropico. 3DO got bankrupted trying to break into console business.

Tried to make it bit more foolproof and added bit more info to every singe "situational" decision
If anyone has any other advices to be included in the guide, give 'em here, I'll add them

Attached: guide_revised_2.0.png (2216x4344, 3.18M)

I like homm4, fight me if you dare faglords.

Attached: satyr.gif (170x175, 227K)

i like it too and you really have to go out of your way to keep the enjoyment, severely gimping your hero through item and skill choices as to not make them too overpowered

Nival was probably the best franchise could've gotten. The core of HoMM V was very faithful to the franchise.

I guess it's the slavs that know the franchise the best after all.

homm4 is okay. The story was one of the best in the series, the models really aren't as terrible as people make them out to be, there are a lot of cool new stuff in the mechanics, even if their implementation is far from perfect. The way they handled class progression is better than most RPGs.
It's okay to like the game. But a lot of the parts that make up the sum aren't as good as their 3 counterparts.

Thats not Skyrim

based

By the way, the HotA team is working on a new faction - The Factory:
heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=39830&pagenumber=347

That game is beautiful

Why did it never catch on?

That's a big addition.

>Thats not Skyrim
What's up with people's obsession with Skyrim?

Skyrim is 8 years old, 18 year olds are nostalgic for it

I just can't get enough of these necropolis shops.

Attached: 15516118589840.jpg (800x374, 123K)

Todd ia my wife

what does it say?

Feels like I shoulda have made a new guide altogether

trump is a russian puppet

rent free

>"World Cup Ready!"

Attached: 1527088886_6c6cc8285c0a543c585c0d423b8715f0351cb4feff15029646pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg (1100x618, 145K)

Alright Yea Forums, he's the real question. What do you choose?

Attached: 1494605475728.png (383x475, 128K)

Scholar is a no-brainer here.

Attached: 1548440328277.jpg (743x704, 128K)

yes, putin does in fact live in the trump tower rent-free

Eagle eye because I don't fuck with no secondary heroes

Would you discard this hero for a new one after this? Keep in mind that Ciele is a level 6 Elementalist.

Your actions have dire consequences...

Attached: 1494581355718.jpg (590x707, 108K)

Okay this is epic

well to be fair if youre gonna have eagle eye might as well have it on expert as soon as possible

SEETHING

i dont think he seethes, quite the opposite

This but unironically

Attached: DOSBox_2018-07-01_21-42-59.png (1200x900, 376K)

git gud

it's the sort of game only a mother could love

Attached: 1548072605573.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

that's the expansion, right? I doubt even the die-hard fans who grew up with the game would defend Spazz Maticus.

>posting addon

Attached: untitled-13.jpg (1024x768, 217K)

SPAZZ MATICUS

I think Scholar is more usable. At least she can carry spells to your new main blblbl cyka blyat.

>HoM&M 4

Attached: 1495496862261.jpg (600x600, 67K)

>The story was one of the best in the series
HoMM4 didn't even HAVE a story, it was a collection of baby's first fantasy novels, and when I say novels I mean holy shit did you just put two fucking screens full of text on Day 1 of the game in my face. They're okay stories but they could've been told better. The rest is trash.

>hey hey people

>a literal booger with eyes, hands and a mouth

this game is really something else

Attached: quality models.png (854x482, 281K)

you get creatures first to let them stack up in your castle to buy in bulk when you do get money

Camping in any town for a day restores your shit to full.

Only if you have magic guild in it.

HoMM 2 & 3 have really gorgeous overworld art

That's not Master of Magic.

HOMM IV undead campaign is top comfy.

Attached: 1547330048198.gif (330x326, 1.35M)

didn't know that

Sure, lets talk about Heroes 7 or should we talk about Disciples 2?

Attached: Unit_Combat.jpg (896x503, 568K)

Is HoMM 7 the worst game in the series? HoMM 4 and 6 are the least HoMM games in the series but even they at least have some worth playing.

in awe at the size of that lad
if only autistic polaks made anything worthwhile instead of that shit

There's a map in AB where you can't recharge your mana in towns(because mage guild is locked) and map has no wells.

Pretty much.

Probably. 7 is "you've seen all of it before but better". It's not even that terrible of a game, but it has no reason to exist.

>MP doesn't work
>campaigns are trash, delivered straight to your table by Julien "I just want to make fantasy fanfiction I don't know how Heroes games work" Pirou
>single player isn't enjoyable because AI isn't very good at all
Yeah it's terrible.

>Jewnova

guess im the only guy playing 6

Attached: pretty.png (1360x767, 1.82M)

>HD mod
Ha ha, I can see both ends of a medium map at once!
Can't imagine what it's like for the 4K crowd.

Attached: 2.png (2560x1440, 1004K)

Something like this.

Attached: HoMM3.jpg (1280x960, 519K)

It's odd that if I ever go 4k it will be for Heores 3.

I can't see shit nibba

Attached: h3_4k2.jpg (2715x1527, 2.86M)

>everything is purple
>every hero is fucking purple
"""""Art design"""""

I guess it was a small map.

The complete edition is on sale in gog Yea Forums
Better go and buy it faggots. Its cheap as fuck.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

This is how real men play.

Attached: h3_4k.jpg (2715x1527, 1.7M)

uh

Attached: 1550652444880.jpg (2000x1696, 816K)

I got my copy almost 20 years ago, faggot.

I was wondering when your autistc ass would show up to shit up the thread.

No, it's not some SJW fake outrage thread so no.

Bought it a long time ago, but I am afraid none of the original devs get any of that money. Seeing how Might and Magic series is today really hurts.

If the bait was at least factually precise, but it's actually 62 different creatures in the base game, cunt probs forgot the Gold and Diamond Golems
112 if the upgrades are counted as well

>or should we talk about Disciples 2
We definitely should but let's be real, D2 overall is not as good of a game as HoMM3 is.

Attached: baroness_by_svetoslavpetrov.jpg (831x962, 135K)

Let us begin.

Attached: letusbegin.jpg (1920x2080, 2.85M)

what do you guys think about russian king's bounty? I liked the first two since it's kinda like babby's first homm but in a nice way. are any of the later games worth picking up?

Attached: 1527804670174.jpg (1920x1080, 387K)

What I really love about Disciples 2 is the unit evolution. It feels awesome to get units to evolve like 5 times and go from the weak cultist to ultimate mage or recruit to paladin. (if they don't die)

Where are my Age of Wonders bros at?

Attached: ss_e54dc47fd3aa0c9966bbcb2098c11ad26a71723f.1920x1080.jpg (1600x900, 447K)

C'mon, don't be a pussy
Go 1v7 200%

>lost my collector's edition with the flip-out sleeves in a house fire over 15 years ago

Attached: 1545182349044.jpg (1152x1008, 130K)

>that brief moment in time where it was possible to create undead archons dedicated to good

>template

What does that do? Would that eliminate game creating gorillion two-way monoliths on the map?

They display really well why Heroes was an evolution of the game. I guess they're okay adventure RPGs but I wasn't a whole lot into their humor and visuals.

It defines the basic layout of the map, how particular zones are created, how rich they are, how many and which neutral stacks are places, as well as distribution of certain map objects

Good for you fag. However there are still dickwads that play the pirated version to this date. 3dollars is no excuse not to buy it

Templates tell the generator how to map out the zones. Technically it was a feature as far back as AB itself but there it had only one template and no means of editing unless you manually fuck with the txt file. Modders improved on that massively and HD mod no longer generates one ways.

Ubi ran the series into the ground and none of the people who worked on H3 will see a cent off the purchase how's that for an excuse.

I want the standard difficulty of multiplayer, also not good enough for 200%.

>Would that eliminate game creating gorillion two-way monoliths on the map?
Yes, JC is one of the most popular multiplayer templates and as far as I remember it's very light on monoliths.

>What I really love about Disciples 2 is the unit evolution
Me too - getting a 5xDeath hit squad with a Lich Queen leader (for situations like pic related) where you can autoresolve over 95% of the encounters felt amazing, but that evolution is one of the main flaws of the game. Just like HoMM, it conditions you to invest all of your time into creating a main party that either carries your game or fucks you up in case you lose it by any chance, but in HoMM you can at least salvage your hero by finding them in the Tavern some time later.

>Where are my Age of Wonders bros at?
Here - I only played AoW III for more than a full year with some short breaks.

Attached: awkward.png (800x600, 496K)

Good luck user

Thanks, so far so good. Got shit to work with, hopefully there's 1500 gold in the chest to hire another hero for scouting the road to north.

Attached: 003.jpg (1920x1040, 1.67M)

I guess this is as good thread as any but I loved Elven aesthetic in D2 expac even if gameplay wise theu were a fifth wheel and an Empire clone. Something about that eternal autumn.

>that either carries your game or fucks you up in case you lose it by any chance
The problem about Disciples is, it's an everything or nothing game play. As long as you have one single unit surving the battle, you can grow back to full strength, while in heroes loosing units is permanent, so it is very hard to make a balance challenge.
Disciples II though has the better campaign.

>Something about that eternal autumn
D2 Elven capitol is comfy as fuck. I suspect Heroes V Sylvan city design was somewhat inspired by them.

>while in heroes loosing units is permanent, so it is very hard to make a balance challenge
But you can technically buyback your hero if you surrender or retreat so it equals out.
>Disciples II though has the better campaign
Oh, for sure. I was rooting for each faction, except the Elves because fuck possessed Milu for killing Yataa' Halli.

Attached: disciples-ii-rise-of-the-elves_8.png (800x600, 506K)

You guys ready for Beyond Earth 2?

Attached: temp.png (957x524, 866K)

this looks like fucking shit

I'm kinda disappointed they decided against making AoW IV. two out of three endings of Eternal Lords expansion suggested that the last Shadowgate was opened and that Wizard Kings came back.

>Go 1v7 200%
I'm shit at homm, how do you win a matchup like that?

>this looks like fucking shit
Town screen are one of the best things V has done as far as visuals are concerned, and some town designs are outright inspired. Sure, it didn't age as well as Heroes III, but that goes for pretty much every 3d game.

Attached: H5-Haven.jpg (1920x1080, 1.74M)

OK fags. Ubisoft hired you as consultant fro upcoming HoMam VIII.
Waht ideas do you bring to the table?

No. We can talk about the "remake" that is fucking superior in every single thing and is the objectively the best HOMAM. And the only reason why you faggots think III is better is because either le muh funny memes or nostalgia. I don't know which is worse.

Attached: tribes.jpg (520x728, 235K)

Watch MeKick's YouTube channel for great tutorials and through and through explanations, search of TheKnownWorld
Dave and Ramsrock are also some of the best players in Western hemisphere, they got their individual Twitch channels
But in a nutshell, it boils down to never losing any units/minimal losses, kiting, having the initiative, knowing how the AI behaves, their preferences in combat, sometimes exploit certain spells like Force Field, Fire Wall, Clone, etc.

They went back to fucking 2D images in VI and VII. And THAT looks like shit. So fuck off with your nostalgia googles.

It looks like shit because they hired someone who doesn't even understand perspective.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

3 base 4 scripting 5.5 skill system 7 caravans and limited AoC, must run fast, have strong AI and RMG, 8 factions on launch and modern UI supporting consoles and touch.

No, they are totally fine for a good couple hundred hours of SP but eventually you'll know how to kill the AI expertly and you'll want the real experience of getting your ass beat by a big burly giant.

Attached: 1521_2.png (120x73, 4K)

Please explain the problem with AoW3. I liked it, though I started with the second game.

tfw a stack of goldies and blackies running around casting Armageddon on the bitches

such a shame, i wonder if one day the series will get good developers and we'll see a better game than 5 and maybe even 3, right now the series is in hiatus because they don't know what the fuck to do with it

Attached: 1550610171925.jpg (238x217, 18K)

They look like shit because they are badly drawn. Comparatively expansion towns in V also look like shit despite being 3D

retard

The problem is pretty much in how some of the town designs take too much emphasis on single colour scheme, lackluster of neutral colours and no proper use of colour shades
Look at your Haven pic. It's basicaly drown in red/yellow colour scheme. Just make the sky bit more blue on the horizon. Add more of those blue flags, give it some shine of white, gray, brown, give it some contrast, make buildings more pronounced, but keep it graceful. Some towns look great when they stick to single colour scheme, but in HoMM3, it's rarely a case. Might be caused by subpar lightning technology
From more formal perspective, the layout of towns is not always really well thought out and has either poor quality or straight out overdesigned models. But that basicaly applies for everything in HoMM V., not just towns, but units, map designs, etc.
It tends to lack cohesion, the sort of harmony, selfawareness, mby even believability
I'm not saying it's always bad, some of the desings in HoMM V. are fucking great. But overall, it had been wasted potential

Shit
Not HoMM3, but HoMM V.

the kino of kino

The greatest and most accurate digital depiction of the Irish

Any buyer's advice for AoW3? Do I just get everything or is some deluxe golden realm thing not worth it?

ye dont buy it

Attached: average irish man.jpg (1920x1064, 953K)

Paddy's granmum

>Do I just get everything or is some deluxe golden realm thing not worth it?
Golden Realms and Eternal Lords add Halflings and Frostlings to the roster, respectively, so they're worth just for that. Campaigns are so-so but still pretty enjoyable and you get access to more interesting artifacts, city perks etc so it balances itself out.

>the layout of towns is not always really well thought out
What are you talking about? H5 is the only game where you get the impression of looking at an actual city, not a series of buildings haphazardly thrown around the screen. Haven, Sylvan, Stronghold and Fortress to a lesser degree are great examples of that. Academy and Dungeon are structurally nonsensical but at least cool-looking and Inferno looks like something out of Dante's description of Hell so you gotta give them credits for that. In fact, Necropolis is the only town design I actually dislike (and I dislike it intensely).

Attached: InfernoH5.jpg (716x484, 55K)

What? They're pretty much all haphazardly thrown. Fortress and Sylvan are ridiculous, barely anything fits around the tree and dwarves build on walls of an active volcano. Fucking please. It sure is pretty but don't pretend any of them make sense. Even Haven with its gigantism... It's bad art and bad function.

GIBSMEDAT SHIT

>the layout of towns is not always really well thought out
I think you're forgetting something in the sentence
>not always
And I'm talking about layout, not the presentation. Though gonna be frank with you, throwing lots of the same looking houses into the townscreen barely equals "look of an actual city"
Considering the layout, try buying every single unit from every single dwelling, manually. Mentioning that, dwellings themselves also tend to be in some cases indistinguishable from each other
But the real root of the design problem lies somewhere else. Basically all of the HoMM V. factions are, sometimes almost blatantly, copying designs of various other fantasy franchises like WarCraft or Warhammer. Some of them even use the exactly same colour palettes

Welcome to die.

Attached: 008.jpg (1920x1040, 1.9M)

Fixed
Naah, that's definitely Scouting

Attached: 1553793037767.jpg (1920x1040, 1001K)

I'm OK with this.

Definitely, I also like his other skills so not planning on switching yet. Scouting might be also useful when I break to middle, which I would have done already if I were not a shitter.

Attached: 009.jpg (1920x1040, 1.74M)

>HOMAM
kys

>Which is another reason why 3 is a perfect game and 4 is a garbage fire
Heroes 3 has a bunch of gameplay flaws that heroes 4 addresses.

Attached: 189218128218.jpg (2000x1767, 837K)

Heroes V is the zoomer choice. It's an uninspired rehash of 3 that fails to meaningfully improve on it, and is far slower and clunkier to play than heroes 3.

Are you planning on posting this misleading guide with factual misinformation a third time in this very thread .. ?

>misleading
>when the comparison goes out of its way to exclude 'mass' spells and the like from heroes 4 spell list so as not to make the comparison misleading
COPE

>actually 62 types of units for HoMM3
>doesn't count upgrades cuz muh uniqueness and to keep its "edge" on HoMM3
>does not count specialties to either classes or skills
>only a short-sighted pleb says that every faction in HoMM3 plays the same

Listen, we can argue about the artstyle being too cartoony and reliant on other high fantasy IPs and the the town screen not being very intuitive but you can't in good faith claim that H3's towns are more logically sound than their H5 counterparts. Hell, look at Fortress (which is one of my favorite factions): Hydra Pond is literally right next to the tavern (can't wait to see a drunkard fall into a Hydra-infested waters), Capital building is awkwardly suspended between two massive tree trunks (one of which is hollow and inhabited by Dragon flies) but there are no stairs to be seen; Basilisk Pit is right next to the pier (another workplace hazard waiting to happen) etc. How does a city carved in the side of the active vulcano (that dwarves may actually feel comfortable around because their patron God is a Dragon of Fire) suddenly break your suspension?

Attached: swamp-sd.png (1600x900, 2.22M)

>the greatest game ever made
But what is OP's game?

holy fucking autism

Yeah mate, that's actually kinda autistic

Who the fuck cares if it's architecturally sound? The point is the town screen in heroes 3 had a billion times more personality than the bland 3d graphics of heroes 5.

I don't see any personality there. Boomers are weird like this.

>Who the fuck cares if it's architecturally sound?
Evidently, you or whoever made the posts I responded to. If you're going to shit on one game for being inconsistent with it's layout, at least don't pretend that the earlier games were somehow better because of technical limitations.
>The point is the town screen in heroes 3 had a billion times more personality than the bland 3d graphics of heroes 5
Ah, you're one of 'those' then - you know, "H5 lacks the 'soul' and has no visual identity of its own" type of guys. Fun fact, you got people claiming the same for H3, saying that H2 is actually superior aesthetics-wise, and I'm pretty sure there are a few contrarians doing the same for H1. H3 was my first TBS game and I play it to this day but I'm not so up my own ass thinking everything after 3 (or 4, if you're this guy ) hasn't succeed in improving at least some aspect of the previous games (though never reaching their overall quality).

The HoMM5 town screens are oozing with personality. I don't really know what the fuck you're on about.

Fortress is the worst looking town, everything is cramped as fuck and made from mud, shit and sticks

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 161K)

It's supposed to be the nature town so it kind of makes sense they have wooden structures and no roads or landscaping, it would ruin the theme if they modified the environment too much. I guess it could be sorta improved if more of the dwellings had grown their own magical trees, only the Dendroid dwelling adds a significant amount of trees.

I posted Rampart as an example of great looking town, the opposite what fortress is.
Stronghold is another great town, situated in a majestic valley and not some stinking bog

I believe that user was criticizing Fortress, not Rampart.

Forgot the picture, also that Capitol always reminded me of the Flintstones

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 164K)

the worst thing about unit evolution is that you didn't keep your army between maps in the campaign

>tfw sorceress was my favorite town in heroes 2 but fortress ruined it in heroes 3 both in terms of aesthetics and army composition
not gay btw

Are you getting fortress and rampart mixed up user? Rampart is the elf town

I've been playing the actual mainline series, and its weird realizing that HOMM is basically just a weird abstracted turn based version of the real thing. You go around killing huge mobs of monsters that respawn, you visit exotic towns and hire people, there's a calendar to pay attention to for special events, and stuff like crypts and the like are actual dungeons instead of simple fights.

I'd highly recommend you give them a shot, install greybeard's mods to make them run more smoothly and with mouselook, they're just very comfy games with cool monsters and fun writing.

Attached: M&M.jpg (980x735, 220K)

I believe there might have been bit of a semantic/conceptual charade mby due to your autism, but I'm also about to sperg out a bit so what the hell
By "layout" I consistently meant a layout in a sense of game functionality, not necessarily aesthetical or following wordly rationales
That's why I pointed out the hardships of recruiting units from solitary dwellings themselves. If ease of that is basically lost, what of use is townscreen, beside only aesthetic satisfaction which calls for completely different discussion
Also gonna be bit of a advocate of the "personality" user. It's tends to be bit of a shite buzzword, though is usually meant as colloquial for non-intentional way to adress something that's Gesamstkunstwerk. And being completely honest, barely anything in HoMM V. can be described as such
Autism ends here
Now that's at least true subjective opinion
And that saying, I fucking love Fortress even from point of aesthetic

>that respawn
They don't respawn immediately. It takes one ingame year.

Best thing V did was make Inferno not shit and their units look total bad ass

Attached: 67094-H5_ToE_Inferno_6[1].jpg (680x920, 160K)

I meant rampart but that poster posted a picture of rampart while talking about fortress. rampart was gay because it got rid of druids and sprites and replaced them with shitty slow units. phoenixes were way cooler than gold dragons too.

The only unit I prefer III over V for Inferno are the Devils.
I like the grinning Mephistopheles looking assholes more than the bulky counter part.

I didn't mind switching the druids to the human town, they definitely needed the unit diversity, but removing the Phoenixes was a bummer. It stings even more because Conflux eventually got them.

It's kinda ironic, how lots of units in HoMM5 actually look worse upgraded, i.e. edgy, than in ther basic state except Succubus, you know why
And yes, Inferno has probably the best all around designed units in HoMM V.

Attached: H5spiky.jpg (1024x965, 77K)

>you didn't keep your army between maps in the campaign
That would be insanely powerful. You can easily reach unit level cap in each specific scenario in the saga and your hero can already wreck shit when they gain a couple of levels.

>By "layout" I consistently meant a layout in a sense of game functionality, not necessarily aesthetical or following wordly rationales
And as I've said here (), I have no qualms about you pointing out that H5's town screen isn't as ergonomic as the ones in previous installments.
>Also gonna be bit of a advocate of the "personality" user
Which is again fair, H3 really nailed the town aesthetics but that doesn't mean other games have to slavishly emulate the design choices that may not have worked when switching to 3D. Also, do you mind telling me what makes H5's Inferno inferior in the 'personality' aspect when compared to its H3 counterpart?

>their units look total bad ass
You forgot the Succubus with the flaming bush.

Attached: 1.jpg (1024x768, 239K)

I'd say they are equal too me, different flavors both both cool.
III has nothing on the fire vagina however

Attached: latest[1].png (475x879, 628K)

Great minds think alike.

Not that guy, but it's pretty clear that H3 is full of folklore demons complete with a suave faustian devil at the end, while H5 inferno is basically WoW.

I love 6 for similar reasons as to why I love 4. It's not the best, but it tried to do things differently and even if it didn't always work out it is a lot of fun to play and you can feel that there still was a lot of love and effort put into it.

>three posts in a row about flaming Succubus cunts
Ain't that based
WoW and Warhammer to be exact

I like the academy units a lot too, hated the tower but the arab theme is nice.
People think that genie hat looks dumb but I like it

Attached: 79d9837107687aae16ebbce60f829074--dungeons-and-dragons-game-design[1].jpg (500x411, 26K)

does the MP work better than 7?

Be honest, did you first play it like 2 years after release? Because at launch there was a lot more to hate and a lot less to love.

I like genie too, but he does look like he got lost on his way to Kingdom Hearts.

>Arab
user, it's fucking Indian/Persian/Babylonian

it was lame because you would spend the whole map upgrading your units and then have to do it again on the next one. I was expecting to be able to develop your army over the entire game like in ogre battle.

Just got HoMM III on GOG and am enjoying it. Considering that I might want to try V at some point am I better off getting the Orc expansion through steam when its on sale or the complete bundle on GOG?

I prefer having stuff on steam but got 3 on GOG because apparently the HD edition sucks.

You did well not spending money on the "HD" version, it's smudgy low effort trash that doesn't even have expansions.
5 is the same anywhere, I went with gog for no DRM.

Attached: KTTeifn.jpg (1435x1019, 205K)

Get the HD mod for HoM&M3. Horn of the Abyss later down the road once you're done with the game and want more.
When it comes to HoM&M 5 you only really need one game, Tribes of the East. Install Heroes 5.5 on top of that and you're golden.

Thanks bros

No, you're pretty blatantly seething, samefag. Not to mention a bit schizo if you're still screaming about "MUH RUSSIA!" after that nothingburger has already been served up.

t. russian bot

Restart

t. retarded tranny

Whatever helps you sleep at night, mate. But the next time you feel like randomly crying about President Trump have a board for politics.

>play a faction
>get heroes from other factions
Seemed pretty dumb. Don't think these boomer games are for me.

>it was lame because you would spend the whole map upgrading your units and then have to do it again on the next one
Which provides you with an opportunity to 'respec' and try something else. One mission you can use Gargoyles, in other you focus on getting Infernal Knights and Demonologists, in the next one you try out getting a Tiamath and Incubi - the world (map) is your oyster!

Do you get vanilla and HoF campaigns with TotE? Can you mod them in?

It should be illegal to put shooters in front of your starting wood/ore.

You can supposedly add those campaigns to TotE, but I never tried it myself.

celestialheavens.com/forum/2/14710

what's this "demon power stack strat" everyone is talking about? (the guide is fine)

post factions

TLDR. You can use Pit Lord's special ability to 'resurrect' your fallen units into Demons. You're basically kamikazing your weaker or otherwise suboptimal units so you can create Demons which you put into a single stack and wreck shit with them.

I'm retarded

>a lot of threads
>anons see the threads and decide to check it out
>make even more threads to talk about their usually positive experiences
Board domination soon, brother.

Attached: 1430478940706.png (1104x724, 171K)

Yet in your Fortress post you gone full rant autismo about how "illogically" the town is composed, i.e. sort of wordly rationale
I guess bit of a mishmash with no clear distiction of you responding to two different anons?
About the personality, you did not give me quite a right example, cuz I do like Inferno design in HoMM V., albeit it is a solid shift from classic Kreegans, though it does let out muffled screams BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, the very town design is just slightly above mediocre I dislike the tendency of HoMM V. building the whole town around one single focal point, like Haven citadel, Inferno tower, etc. and the town theme is probably one of the blandest tracks by Romero, only beaten by incredibly shit HoMM V. Necropolis town theme, that tried to be one-trick pony
Dungeon is objectively the shittiest town in HoMM V. by a longshot, so that should do for the 'personality' matter. If Inferno was Khorne-lite, Dungeon has more Warhammer Dark Elves than WH itself, cuz it got stylistically boosted by what I presume is Lineage 2 weebsiness for attracting extra crowds. Town is shit designed, units are uninspired shit. Jesus Christ, I can't cringe enough seeing that dark magenta cacophony of flowing shit
Ironically, you say they shouldn't slavishly emulate the design choices of previous games, yet they absolutely subordinated all their design choices to attract other franchises fans instead of evolving something, they've once made

I kind of knew it, but never really acted on it before.

Why was 6 so fucking dumb.
All that pointless streamlining everywhere and then the only thing they add is 500 pages of skills you need to choose from every single level up and whatever the fuck that fucking online dynasty thing was. The level up system was dumb as hell since it was annoying to deal with as a newcomer and eventually you'd just settle on building the same damn hero every single fucking time.
How can you go from a game like 5 to that stupid bullshit.

for me its the dungeon

Attached: dungeon.jpg (800x374, 320K)

Is there one unit that goes from shit to awesome design like the Rakshasa in V?

Some people really hated RNG behind hero leveling (particularly poignant in 5 that gives you skills that buff things that you might not even have sometimes, though 5.5 fixes this to an extent). Unfortunately skills aren't balanced per point, like why wouldn't you ever take Reinforcements and some form of healing spells? They're way too strong. It sort of works if you treat 6 campaigns as a solo RPG adventure like King's Bounty but in the long run it gets tiring.

Towns in III:
>drawn tastefully with contrasting colors (except for Inferno)
>functional as a gameplay element (you can tell which buildings are built at a glance and click all of them from the get go)
towns in V:
>all drawn in one uniform color with possible exceptions of Haven and Sylvan
>impossible to see or distinguish all the buildings, have to click on UI every single time, no buildings have unique designs

And if you think crammy towns in III somehow make less sense than building a graveyard on a thin mountain, building stuff in a volcano or living in fucking stalactites, I don't even know what to tell you. You're just bedazzled by 2006 3D effects. There's NOTHING good about Heroes V town visuals. At all.

Though they're still better than Heroes 6/7 towns that are drawn by somebody who doesn't know how perspective works.

>I guess bit of a mishmash with no clear distiction of you responding to two different anons?
Yep, I though it was the same person complaining.
>it got stylistically boosted by what I presume is Lineage 2 weebsiness for attracting extra crowds
And you'd couldn't be more wrong for thinking that. One of the people in charge of designing the Dark Elves was Olivier Ledroit - a comic book artist famous for working on Black Moon Chronicles and Requiem comic series. Look at character portraits for Dark Elves and look at the comic - looks familiar, doesn't it?

Attached: 1.jpg (1800x1318, 1.46M)

Ledroit is cool but let's be real man, end result looks fucking nothing like his designs.

>end result looks fucking nothing like his designs
That goes without saying. Concept art is universally much better than the final product.

This and It's kinda a mix of knowing your boundaries in tastefullnes like the user said, and just like in my very original post, it's very much about how the colour scheme combined with "appropriate" or "suitable" core design is handled
Overdesigning shit is also a thing. Simplicity may do wonders

Good intuition, GOG version also supports the popular mods: HD+, HotA and WOG. Even if you don't want modifications I would suggest installing the HD+ mod for better resolution support and some gameplay improvements, like splitting stacks with ctrl or shift click.

>It's kinda a mix of knowing your boundaries in tastefullnes .. and ... it's very much about how the colour scheme combined with "appropriate" or "suitable" core design is handled
Fair enough, I wasn't trying to say that H5 town screens are superior to H3's, just that both attempt and fail at achieving specific things. H3 towns are aesthetically more grounded in reality and easy to differentiate but don't give an impression of being actual towns; H5 towns suffer from WoW-y aesthetic and 3d models that couldn't possibly age as gracefully as pixel art could but do look like places where these races live in (excluding Necropolis that just looks stupid).

Mage Tower looks comfy af.

Beta Dungeon was a total mess but it feels like it had more soul. Anyone?

Attached: H3_town_dungeon.jpg (800x374, 120K)

Necropolis too. Look how much cooler it could be with actual light and color that isn't just black.

Attached: h3_necro_beta.jpg (800x374, 136K)

for me its Gunnar, love that guy

Attached: images[1].jpg (204x247, 7K)

I like incorporating upgrades into the town as a whole so I approve of that labyrinth, and the big statue is cool, but they need to zoom that shit out.

When 3 came out, I immediately looked for which faction had black dragons, and my edgy teen self was amazed at how badass dungeon's grail structure is. Imagine being such a powerful, badass meany pants that you enslave this nature guardian thing and chain him to your underground base as he cries tears of blood while you laugh and fuck the nearest medusa queen.

>play a HOMM game
>end up maining Inferno

Attached: life.jpg (542x478, 130K)

the campaing in it has great writing

h-help..

Attached: heroes of might and lizards.png (1920x1078, 2.96M)

Apologize.

Attached: Necropolis_H4_town_screen.png (1024x547, 711K)

RIP in peace user.

>maining

Attached: 1477850780826.jpg (600x450, 56K)

Seems perfectly doable, combine the lizardmen a bit and split the gnolls into as many stacks as possible to buy time while you whittle 'em down.

Dungeon in 3
In 5 harder to say, Necro after nerfs is acceptable to play, Sylvan I don't like the hero ability but units are nice, Dungeon is just hero nukes - boring, Dwarves are OP as fuck, Haven is boring.
Probably Stronghold or Necro is the one I'd main

>not having free army slots filled with 1 stacks of Gnolls to kite enemies around or make a protective line around the shooter
Also, why the fuck did you attack those Basilisks. They're one of the statistically best non-upgraded 4th tier units

>you can increase damage against a particular creature but you have to kill two weekly growths of that creature
What the actual fuck were they thinking with that ability? VII's interation of it where it basically works as pressure that rewards you for dogging on a single enemy stack in combat is much smoother.

D2 was aesthetic as fuck. Only cool units in the game. Try to change my mind.

It's inspired from D&D ranger class.
It's a good ability in 1v1 PvP, where you know well in advance what your opponent will be using, but it's a hassle for exploration or against multiple enemy factions

fuck i remember when this comes out, i was 11 back then
Me and my friends were literally shitting their pants over the third form of the units and what they can do and for a while all what we do in school was talking about it

Attached: 1530547412202.jpg (459x1024, 77K)

All Random, started as Rampart. Cleaning up.

Attached: 013-014.jpg (1920x2080, 3.19M)

>Only cool units in the game
You referring to Deaths, Undead Hordes or something else?

Back when V came out me and my friends would spend all day long at the swimming pool arguing over if it's as good as 3 and which units were the best and in the evening playing in hot seat

buy two heroes from tavern for extra army you silly goose

Every unit in the game. Even imps.

Same
Inferno is just pretty aesthetic in V. and fun to play

>Every unit in the game
Yeah, pretty much every unit type is easily distinguishable from each other.

Best boy

Attached: Grok_portrait.jpg (400x400, 145K)

I like it too, played through the Halfling campaign this week. Comparing it to AoW1 it seems similar, with a better tactical layer.

I found it tedious that you are supposed to wait for gated units most of the battles to avoid losses. But still nuking shit with Pit Lords was a ton of fun

Not him, but as an user said earlier in the thread, I love the unit progression. Especially the Empire's where a scrawny apprentice turns into this floating archwizard brimming with power or my favorite, this humble squire eventually turning into this badass horseback riding, full armored old guy dual wielding GREATSWORDS. I also spend a lot of time looking up the demon trees, their designs are great imo, though I rarely use them since I prefer the gargoyles.

Fug, meant to quote: