Long awaited sequel ruins the story by adding a romance subplot

>long awaited sequel ruins the story by adding a romance subplot

Attached: 99F041E7-2C30-4EC7-8D6F-A976A631F78E.jpg (724x423, 16K)

I think season 5 is great and the only flaw was that it was too short and had to rush the finale

Attached: 1541134584791.jpg (710x530, 67K)

W I T N E S S E D

Yeah, only 10 episodes really hurt it.

Sigh, what could have been

Attached: 1553330856158.jpg (1024x904, 550K)

Trips of truth

Attached: aerinpiwae4.jpg (309x163, 12K)

>first few episodes are total kino
>starts dragging when the romance starts

purely a coincidence

Attached: 1510597611458.jpg (243x337, 24K)

Who the fuck points like that? Why is his thumb fully extended? It's like a ghetto ass sideways finger gun.

Well the “flaw” was 7 episodes long.

>ruins
now lets be completely honest. jack wouldnt have fucking moved if it were not for her. He would have eventually killed himself

Attached: 1527246157841.png (800x600, 75K)

Ashi as a catalyst for bringing him back was fine. It was the romance that was completely out of place and could have been handled better as a mentor student relationship.

It fucking dragged the romance over 4 episodes when it was 10 episodes. The first 3 episodes are the only good episodes of season 5. I was literally counting the days because it was so good until it turned into shit. Aku literally gets swiped and then he's dead.

/thread/

All the brilliance of the show occurs in the first 4 or so episodes and then it loses steam completely for an overall 7/10 rating. If it kept up what it had at the start in atmosphere it could've been great.

The romance is definitely a flaw but it might've been mitigated quite a bit by having the season be extended by like five episodes to give it time to develop at least somehow more naturally. The whole thing felt so rushed that I didn't even slightly give a shit when Ashi disappeared. Which is another thing that was fucking stupid because why did it take that long for her to disappear if it was a time anomaly thing? Wouldn't it have been more instantaneous? That felt like a plot point that might've been in its own episode had the season not been so compressed. Like there could've been a moment when Jack realized that it was either his people getting saved or Ashi. Anything would've been better than the ending we got, really.

Those first 3 episodes were fucking great and Tyler Bates did a great job with the score

More like it ruins itself with an awful time loop ending that shits on everything he did. could have fixed it if it showed Jack fighting the guardian after the credits

i thought she was more of a daughteru kind of thing
then they started making out after they killed something

one number off dammit

Attached: vebeta.png (640x480, 311K)

has it really been 2 years already

Attached: jackreactions.png (1062x3148, 2.87M)

LEFT HAND RULE, JACK

Attached: Monsoon_Meets_the_Ripper.JPG.jpg (1126x786, 134K)

NieR Automata

Won't say that romance plots are always bad but when introduced mid-stream they are always bad. If there isn't that clear trajectory established early on then it begins to make shipping will-he-wont-he-will-she-wont-she, love triangles and suffocating out any other dynamics and narratives in favor of it.

should've had 13 episodes desu

You're acting like having a gf is the only way to cure depression.
Wait, what am I saying? I'm on Yea Forums, of course you unironically believe that.

>the romance subplot was the problem

Everything after episode 4 went too fucking fast. The best part was the Omen and even he died like a bitch.

Should have killed Ashi like the rest and destroyed aku without going back in time thus fulfilling the prophecy of the guardian

>long awaited sequel finishes the story by ending a romance subplot

Attached: heyarnold!!.png (1920x1080, 2.36M)

Don't they imply that the Guardian died?

trips of truth but I still hate asahi

It did more than that it

Shit, did you die too??

>why did it take that long for her to disappear if it was a time anomaly thing? Wouldn't it have been more instantaneous?
Gurren Lagann reference.

What were they thinking?
wasted get

This.

They really, really needed more episodes to tell the story they wanted to tell.

Based and tripilled.

>The first 3 episodes are the only good episodes of season 5
Objectively false, just because it wasn't edgy enough for you doesn't mean it was bad.

The idea definitely could have worked out but yeah it was rushed so hard to the point of retardation. I sat down and watched the last episode air and I pretty much ended up changing the channel out of disgust when Ashi suddenly just pull the time portal outta her ass.

I laughed pretty fucking hard at the end of the last episode. When she just suddenly vanished i couldn't help but laugh

More like it started off great but then ends up being pants on head retarded. I don’t know why Tartervodka thought it was a good idea to force all that into 10 episodes. Shit was fanservice done horribly wrong. What’s even more baffling is that he already hinted at endings that would have been much more better and could have fit easily into the few episodes he got left to work with. In a way, shit was like Kill la Kill all over again, and I don’t mean the ending, just the entire season as whole.

You don’t even need edge to make it bad when it’s already horseshit by itself.

>long awaited sequel ruins the story by adding a romance subplot

Not only that, but they shoehorn gay romance in said subplot. TLOU2 dropped

Max Payne

The romance doesn't drag, it's rushed just like everything else. They get along mostly for a couple episodes then suddenly make out

Attached: Excellent.jpg (372x301, 76K)

>action film
>10 minute romance scene completely ruins the pacing
Why do so many films do this? I wanted to see blood and guns, not some dude and a mediocre hussy do tongue twisters

Attached: 1372171905186.png (211x202, 65K)

It was shit from every angle. Samurai jack was always a better series when it focused on the action amd Jack being a hero. Wasting 4 episodes for romance out of the 10 episodes is retarded.

>blow entire budget and development time on the first 3 episodes
>rush the rest of them with a tiny budget

It would have been great if it was consistant but the the story and even the animation quality shits the bed after episode 3. The final episode was an abortion of a finale tbqh.

They should have done a movie instead if they were stuck with budget/time limitations.

Be me, ready for Star Wars Episode 2. This teenager is skipping through a herd of buffalos with my waifu. WTF is this shit I'm watching.

>tell friend that the ending was fine
>he gets ultra mad and rants on about how the ending was immoral for having jack ending the existence of everyone in the future

It was fine for like the first three or four episodes. I got turned off when the ghost samurai ended up being jack fucking nothing and was resolved within half an episode. Everything after that (scotsman dying and not being relevant, portal guardian not returning) was basically just moderate disappointment. The comic's ending encapsulated everything about pic related I wanted, I consider that canon.

Attached: 1516244885182.png (1835x400, 97K)

Hey arnold is kino as fuck

Attached: wereallgonnamakeitbrah.jpg (1001x823, 154K)

>/vint/ and /cock/ were almost two years ago

did your friend forget that the future was ruled by aku?

>/vint/ was almost two years ago
>people still don't believe leafs and strayans are responsible for shitting up this board

A lot of South Americans were caught instigating console wars as well.

fpbp

>Posting a Yea Forums thread in Yea Forums
BASED

I honestly think he should've stay in the future. 50 years of immortality should've granted him the title of God Emperor, and launched a crusade against all of Aku's evil remnants

Attached: 1504122741211.png (568x510, 227K)

This is my main issue
It had good potential but went through shit so fast that nothing sat right.
Not to mention Ashi getting retgon'd.
anyone got the popeye edit

Episode 2 was, in my opinion, the best episode of anything ever made. It was perfect in every way.
I do dislike the romance plot that developed later on though. It was too demanding for screentime and since it was only present for half a season it felt very ham handed. Overall the season was great but the romance was a mistake and your criticisms are also true.

Attached: SamuraiJackblood.jpg (1278x719, 53K)

The ending was stupid, otherwise you are right

The first 2 episodes had me looking forward to one of the most kino finales in television. Shame that the fanfiction romance subplot got in the way of the rest. That, and how rushed everything afterwards was.

Why does romance ruin everything including your life?

Attached: BF43AB9B-7941-49EF-A2E7-31A9E85B0430.jpg (680x680, 67K)

Those first 3 episodes were kino as fuck, the rest was just kina boring

>isaac getting cucked in DS3
they could have made coop with Isaac and Ellie trying to get out of an infestation but no they just had to go the cliche route of the mc getting divorced for the sequel

Attached: 1485393745389.jpg (375x592, 46K)

Attached: 1462537734057.gif (400x225, 1.84M)

>Ashi was just the creator's ideal waifu from high school or something
>Final season was so he could shoehorn a self-insert love story

I sorta get why Jack has to kill but it sorta felt unheroic for him to basically tear them apart if it did make sense. Episode 2 was the hypest shit though since you knew the Children of Aku were human. It was kill or be killed.

I hate this case more in the Hobbit movies tbqh.

Basically this

Anti-Ashi fags keep pretending the romance ever did anything when it was literally 2 episodes

I have to say the ending was kind of something they would have done in the original series.

Huh. It's weird. I forgot that movie came out.

Disagree there, dude. They even killed the Guardian offscreen. The only thing he got is the show showing his shades. This is the dude that destroyed Jack and he's just gone while people got stuck with Ashi.

I think I dropped the show after 7 episodes. I really wish I just finished it, but it just became really shit after episode 3.

the romance didn't kill it. The dumb TTGL ending did.

Attached: 1552795933657.gif (634x462, 2.69M)

I knew it was over when he left Ashi alive.

I was praying it'd be like a mentor/student kind of relationship but then of course, the shoehorned romance plot shits up the entire rest of the season.

Season 5 already had something it needed to focus and build on within a limited amount of episodes. Shoving a dumb fucking love story in there too and trying to balance all that was just stupid.

Not to mention somewhat out of character, considering Jack should have a million reasons to be skeptical of falling in love with something created by Aku, considering he nearly was seduced and subsequently killed by Aku disguised as a woman.

Attached: 1544308614266.png (847x883, 226K)

It's the truth, check 'em.

the romance was the best part
The buthurt it caused was LEGENDARY

>"Ashi, you're naked!"

Attached: 1548641507666s.jpg (250x244, 6K)

Based And Redpilled

>le ebic buthurt bro xDDD
>bro le rage was LEGENDARY

Attached: 1548528088634.png (185x198, 106K)

it also copies tengen toppa gurren lagann, such a good original show ruined with bullshit ripping off, becomes generic western shit.

agreed, although while the finale is pretty rushed i think it stayed in line with the mood of the rest of the series

Episodes 1 to 3 are absolute, undeniable, pure, undiluted kino.

fucking witnessed.

Attached: 08_eva02_face-up.jpg (640x960, 111K)

Jack goes back to the past. Ashi replaces Jack as the hero in the future. They could've made some timeline bullshit and I would've been more happy that what we got.

WHY COULDN'T IT JUST BE A BASED FATHER-DAUGHTER RELATIONSHIP GOT FUCKING DAMN IT

Attached: 1545079010743.png (862x818, 782K)

that and they copied gurren lagann's ending while effectively making his ENTIRE journey not count.

I'm still mad.

This.

It's only there so women have something to enjoy when chad takes them to watch a movie he wants to see

>Game has TWO(2) endings
>They're both kino as fuck and wrap up everything on a high note

Attached: courage_the_tearjerking_dog_1024.png (304x229, 70K)

this fucking episode always makes me cry like a bitch

Wait the show had 2 endings?

The fist ending is Courage defeating the man, who separated him from his parents.
The second is Courage realizing that he is good as he is and does not need to be perfect

>Jack falls for a woman
>It turns out to be Aku

Counting the comics that's what, 4? 5? times now?

>Samurai who is at the very least in his mid-20's
>Has mentally aged another 50 years
>Paired up with someone who is 18 at most
>"Ok going with that foster father/foster daughter kind of relationship that's popular in film and games nowadays I guess"
>Nope turns out to be actual romance, nothing wrong implied with it, 70-year-old samurai goes blushu-uguu at the sight of a n-n-n-naked teen that he proceeds to french with
Does Tartakovsky need a visit from the party van

One of them MUST be gay.

plenty women out there who are into sugar daddies. let's not forget the fact that ashi isn't exactly mentally well either.

Do people forget the romance was intended back in the original series? Jack getting a waifu was always in the script before it got canned.

no it wasn't
romance has no place in a action series

pffft okay incel

>s5 main plot revolves around the OC donut steel love interest nobody gives a shit about instead of the actual main character, villain and beloved side characters from the show
>retards wonder why it was a failure
shoehorning a shitty OC this late in the game is a attrocity for absolutely any show