It's no masterpiece

It's no masterpiece

Attached: Sekiro-Shadows-Die-Twice.jpg (640x640, 94K)

yeah it's not THAT good, but it's definitely a great game.

This IP has way more potential than Souls though.

I like is more than the soulsborne games i'm suprised

maybe not but it's among From's greats
also it is superior to bloodborne

i completed it with a no dmg cheat.

its not a fun game sadly

>Using cheats
Get good you autistic faggot lol

It’s way more fun to play than dark souls even though you’d think on paper there’s less replayability. But actually the real fun comes from combat and since that’s what you do most of the time that’s where Sekiro outshines Dark Souls.

People only THINK they want to replay Dark Souls because of the idea of what they explored and were rewarded with. But the truth is you know already where the best weapons are and you know already how the combat is, and everything is just and illusion of something more complex. Whereas with Sekiro the fun in there combat and the complexity is all there in every sword battle you have, and the constant upgrading and skill learning you do ensures you can actually feel like it changes the way you play, and not just your cosmetics. I haven’t even finished Sekiro but I can’t wait to go back through it to master it and hone my skills more.

It's overrated trash.

Speedruns are going to be some hype shit

Maybe not, but it took me back to DeS, DaS and even bloodborne release hype
There is so much mystery not everyone knows all the secrets there are hidden mechanics
You can't shit on From for that

It's no masterpiece but it's really good.
I'm awaiting Joseph Anderson's stupid video essay on this game and I can't wait to see all the people calling him out again.
Imagine actually believing Sekiro is just another Bloodborne to Dark Souls.

It's a great game that's really fun to play, but it's lacking in story and setting. I'd put it on par with DS 1 but below Bloodborne

Setting's great, especially after Castle.

It’s above BB and any Dark Souls for me. It’s just a more fun and challenging but rewarding game with way more satisfying melee.

game of the year already

NG+ is really disappointing, it feels way too easy.

I fully believe it is a masterpiece. Prove me wrong. And no "its too hard" is not a valid argument you shitter.

Gameplay wise? Yeah for sure. But everything else to me BB is superior

How come every single Sekiro shitpost thread uses the same splash-art image ripped from Steam's store

is that you contrarian-chan?
what's gotten you grumpy today?

But this is

Attached: 61N9424oThL._SX425_.jpg (425x531, 48K)

I'd put it at a solid 8/10 but I was disappointed by some things.
While I love the setting, all designs, and overall feel of the world, the music is somewhat lacking, except for a few boss fights.
Stealth is underdeveloped, e.g. barely any visual indication as to how hidden you are at any given time.
The story's concept is great, but I'd have liked way more characterization, especially for Wolf. Everyone's so stoic and serious all the time, and I would have preferred more variety in that department.
Exploration is rewarded if you like fighting minibosses (and I do), but I would have liked at least SOME customization, or at least more hidden prosthetics. I'm not a DS2-fag though so fashion and PvP isn't really my thing, but finding things in the game world that can actually influence one's style of play would have been great.
Very much enjoyed the game though. Fantastic bosses, great combat, a world filled to the brim with creativity, and a lot of potential is there for future DLC's and sequels.

Also, I forgot to say, but scaling walls and mountains can be really janky

I've only made it past the Bull a little bit. Does this game have a Patches?

There's no Patches but there's a character like Patches

>20fps

I'm okay with that.

I really fucking hate painting the most obvious yellow on climbable objects like in Naughty Dogs games, but I wish it was more clear what was and wasn't climbable in Sekiro. There are things that look climbable but aren't, and vice versa, and sometimes the grab just doesn't work right.

I'll take it.

joe's video on it is going to be funny as fuck. there will be nonstop hitbox and superarmor complaints.

It's From's best game after BB. Only delusional buttdevastated Souls drones disagree.

I'm not very good at this game. I just started and I already lost an arm.

Agreed

my question is why is it worse than BB. i see a lot of people say it's worse than BB. i think it is better in some ways and worse in others. sekiro i think is undoubtedly better mechanically than bloodborne but bloodborne has a certain atmosphere to it that is very oppressive and leaves a long lasting impression. bloodborne's aesthetic is probably more powerful to more people than sekiro's, and that seems to be where the placement of bloodborne above it comes from.
just wondering if that's the same case for you.

Based and redpilled.
From should stop making soulsclones and do something completely original. Or at the very least go back to one of their abandoned franchises.

Sure, but no From Software game is. It's damn good though

In Sekiro? Honestly that's fine for me. Very near the end of the first playthrough and I wouldn't mind going through NG+ at a swifter pace just to see the stuff I missed.

but it is

Its a solid game. Not super deep but an enjoyable twist on the souls-like genre. It's basically dark souls: parry instead of dodge edition.

Just like with dark souls and bloodborne, as long as they can keep inventing new and interesting bosses to fight, and interesting level designs, they can just pump out games endlessly.