ooph

You only need a 2060 unless it's 4K you're going after

buy a used 1070ti instead.

>doom font
it looks shit on everything that isn't doom

what are you even going to play and on what monitor

>$500
>budget
Retard. I want to get a 2060 but I'm considering paying a "little more" to get a 2070.

>2070
>all out
kek

>armor cooler

Probably one of the poorest cooler designs on the market.

the 70 series, while USUALLY the best value per dollar, is the worst one this generation. only the 1060 and the 1080ti are worth it

am i just wasting money getting a 2060 over a 1660ti for 1080p 144hz

The 2070 is a solid card, a 2080 isnt too much more though for a decent power upgrade.
The 2080ti is insanely overpriced compared to the 2080 in terms of extra power per dollar.

yeah. 2060 is barely faster. go look up some

go look up some benchmarks*

I know the 2060 is enough but I don't want to run into VRAM problems 2 years from now.

I don't like buying used cards.

For now I only have a 1080p monitor but I can play using DSR if that's the case but I want to get at least a 1440p monitor in the future.

>x70
>all-out
Pick one

What's so bad about it? I don't want to pay $600 for a 2070.

>Buying graphics cards in the current market
RTX is badly overpriced and a complete gimmick that only works in 2 or 3 games.
Wait for next gen.

Get an EVGA card instead. The MSI armor cards are dogshit.

This. If you need to upgrade right now and don't want to buy used go for the 1660ti and save some money for next gen

>Wait for next gen.
based waitfagretardbro

Isn't it common knowledge to skip the first gen of a new chipset?

Nah rtx is over priced everyone gave this generation a hard pass

for cpus, thats not how GPUs work

Are getting a 2k or 4k monitor? A 1660 ti/2060 can push frames in 1080p. Anything more would be overkill.

can you explain why? I'm a brainlet apparently because I don't see why it would be any different

I cant speak for the chip, but until recently I had an MSI Armor 580 OC RX and had no problems with it, so MSI Armor seem to be working well...
unless that rotten PowerColor shit

>70s model
>all out

Attached: 1525775302986.png (800x810, 85K)

I plan on getting a 1440p monitor in the not so distant future.

Maybe with obummer, but this is Trump's ameriKKKa

dumb nigger

Bought on release, couldn't be happier. RTX really showed it's worth on Metro and this baby plays it at ~ 70 FPS at max / 1080p.

Don't fall for the 10xx memes and get this one, if you can find it cheaper or comparable to 1080, I know I did and it was very worth it. Probably the best of the RTX cards desu.

is it worth getting 1660ti now? a completely new setup and what is the best cpu for that card that leaves some room for future upgrades?

2600x

ryzen gen 2

Wew, you sure went all out with that spicy post

thats going to happen regardless of what you buy, fucking resi 2 caps out my vram on my 1080ti, you just gotta accept that youre going to get fucked in the vram area these days

>New console gen soon, i.e. drastically increased hardware requirements for games
>New process node soon
>Current gen is barely an improvement over previous gen
Anything you buy now is just going to be obsolete in a year. Avoid at all costs if you have any sense.

Er... no. Personally I'd not buy an Nvidia card at all given they're overpriced nonsense.

If you HAVE to get max performance damn the price and can pay $1200, RTX 2080 Ti if you must.

Want max performance for a reasonable price and not to give money to evil? AMD Radeon VII - 16GB of HBM2 and performance equal or better than RTX 2080, for equal or lesser price! Its the best performance card around right now!

On a budget? Buy a RX Vega 56 or 64 for like... 200-300 and get something better than any other 10xx gen cards for the money.

>a completely new setup
Ryzen 3000 should hit the market within the next 3 months. Wait for that before building a completely new system.

>Wait for next gen.
you fags say this every gen

The thing is, these cards won't get cheaper and if newer gen brings somewhat increased computing power without changing the chip size, it will literally be much more expensive, before the lithography techniques used to even consider sub 10 nm architecture is insane and 7nm is basically the theoretical limit under which quantum effects start fucking up the signals, so there are only two ways to improve performance now, go sub 10nm which will require crazy cooling and there will be lots of cards going bad from use or increase the chip size, which once again means bigger cards and higher cooling, both of these things increase production costs extensively, there is no way in hell CPUs or graphics cards will get noticably better without increasing their price.

TL;DR: Buying a 10xx / 20xx might be the most cost effective solution for your gaming needs for the following 5-10 years at minimum at the same price.

>$500+ for GPU to play 1080p 70fps
good goyim!

at ultra settings for the latest games ye

Navi will save us from Nvidia's insatiable greed and rip off prices.

what games do you fags even play, i bet it's garbage AAA western shooters on your $500 GPU

i currently have an rx 480 8gb. should i upgrade?

With RTX on, it jumps to 150+ without

desu radeon always feels like a monkeypaw, price is good, but driver support is shit and sometimes the performance just tanks in random games, lots of crashes etc. Cant say I have this experience with more expensive nvidia

Games like Metro and the Tomb Raider are retardedly demanding, plus he's using meme-tracing.

Wait for Navi is what I'd say. You really are only going to get marginal improvements with newer cards that are in the same price range as the 480 was and you'd have to spend like 500 or more for a significant jump.

flights sims have an insatiable need for the newest hardware, my poorfag friend

What catastrophe has to be befall a person for someone to become an AMDfag?

The one where this is realized.

Attached: Pascal-versus-Turing-Comparison.png (1298x526, 50K)

Good morning, Yea Forums!

Don't forget to buy your copy of SEKIRO : Shadows Die Twice, available for PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC. In stores now

Attached: images (93).jpg (739x415, 61K)

SNEED

>x70
>all out
Kill yourself poorfag.

>imagine being too poor for a 2080 Ti

When would it be the proper time to upgrade from a 1060 6gb?

Yes. Unless you want RTX there is little reason to buy 2060. And considering that next gen consoles most likely will have AMD cheeps, RTX has high probability of becoming another HairX.

Armors usually have low quality fans that don't last very long.

Depends on what you want, 1060 6gb is still adequate for 1080p60fps.
Do you have a 1080p144hz or a 1440p monitor? Consider upgrading to a 2060. If not, no huge need to upgrade yet.

Within a year of next gen console release.

>tfw bought rx 580 and it just works for 1080p

stupid cunts i paid 130e
maybe ill go buy some oil so i can oil my dick while i fuck your mom

>GTX 980 is not doing the trick anymore for 1440p/144hz
>2000 series seem to be dogshit
Release your new cards already, you jewish fucks

Attached: 1543638575118.png (1000x1000, 1.23M)

our fate is in AMD's hands and navi not being a meme
we're screwed

2080 is on par with 1080ti. 1080ti costs like 1000 burgerbux. Your chart is retarded.
That being said if you have a 1080ti there really is no need for an upgrade as well as from a 1080 if you are just using 2k.

Attached: 1544283150474.jpg (925x1032, 270K)

just look for a used 1080/ti

>bringing up AMD when people are talking about 1440p 144fps

Attached: 1548370298456.jpg (694x488, 55K)

He was complaining about Nvidia's new cards being crap, and the only thing that will wake them up is AMD releasing good high end cards. That's what I meant.