Sekiro has below average OST quality than other FromSoft games

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CPyFhMeFwzM&list=PLZ8ezH61pWqGKJXf0jb8zQp9ULbwoB8T6&index=39
youtube.com/watch?v=AK51LblcEOw&list=PLZ8ezH61pWqGKJXf0jb8zQp9ULbwoB8T6&index=40
youtube.com/watch?v=P9yppasLLB4
youtu.be/NLzI98wTjgs
youtube.com/watch?v=vTSZDsrDn7I
youtu.be/H6gOSF5SR-s
youtu.be/3OcD_YpAa9w
youtube.com/watch?v=lBmPvWyQ-HY
youtube.com/watch?v=Cl9FQIT-6iY
youtube.com/watch?v=lf6vg4jMvhY&t=4s
youtu.be/nMgUTJo0wPM?t=6872
youtube.com/watch?v=60FJDw9qcFk
youtube.com/watch?v=WAkD39BjOq8
youtube.com/watch?v=FgfsAscWE_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=C_cYPVpVUkw
youtube.com/watch?v=OvxD2YHc80k
youtube.com/watch?v=C_ywF3fp564
youtube.com/watch?v=h2zS86kNCO8
youtube.com/watch?v=UIX_-AMuAhY
youtube.com/watch?v=OwJ1EpxiWb4
youtube.com/watch?v=EVrNq-2okG0
youtube.com/watch?v=hTxC-AOQXQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=qBaele3z2lU
youtube.com/watch?v=alTQiC6hhGc
youtube.com/watch?v=fQe6G9wkBwg
youtube.com/watch?v=ztPGThfD_GY
youtube.com/watch?v=mz1_3az6Hgs
youtube.com/watch?v=PqXPW0oBKgg
youtube.com/watch?v=IlScQ8IouL8
youtube.com/watch?v=gQ5gtInauiI
youtube.com/watch?v=aY-CEFD8X1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=7kLPPUQyLNA
youtube.com/watch?v=XnvqcSKho5w
youtube.com/watch?v=5R56ZXQhPu0
youtube.com/watch?v=D8ShsHeYkeI
youtu.be/45LKV8irGzA
youtu.be/q16PAMzk9TI
youtube.com/watch?v=_i4JP-NxfN8
youtube.com/watch?v=TR3NNyixNew
youtu.be/uCjlcO3fL3w
youtube.com/watch?v=4V6nFSX7hPs
youtube.com/watch?v=IUMcJE2-VyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nZ6trELAk80
youtu.be/n6BY2GFilng
youtu.be/kFQhzuhaMfg
youtu.be/EVrNq-2okG0
youtu.be/U_uDJlqj0rQ
youtube.com/watch?v=JWTurRESM5M
youtube.com/watch?v=wwA0hD9xrfE
youtube.com/watch?v=Co0rQU7SNV0
youtube.com/watch?v=k7T05Lm9mjw
lmgtfy.com/?q=paragraph wikipedia
youtube.com/watch?v=cwRRxJAtTMo
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL41A4D26518F314FC
youtube.com/watch?v=yd3KYOei8o4
youtube.com/watch?v=Li6VBOo-lq0
youtube.com/watch?v=GsGJKkOWHhY&list=PLA8BAB9259BB4E2AA.
youtube.com/watch?v=jJb_y-zmXV0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So does Dark Souls 1-3 and Bloodborne

I might agree with DS 2 and BB

BB is the only one that's completely recorded live. The rest of the games are midi trash and sample trash

Most From Soft OSTs are forgettable, so I don't know why you're implying that they're normally great.

wish they'd taken the traditional route like they did with tenchu. those instruments would have really added to the vibe
youtube.com/watch?v=CPyFhMeFwzM&list=PLZ8ezH61pWqGKJXf0jb8zQp9ULbwoB8T6&index=39
youtube.com/watch?v=AK51LblcEOw&list=PLZ8ezH61pWqGKJXf0jb8zQp9ULbwoB8T6&index=40

Attached: 105d7a4a4b62b989bb04a2b6cfd97059.jpg (600x866, 162K)

Do people actually care to listen to this stuff outside the games? I think they all fit their games well enough and that's it. I like that Sekiro actually has ambience in the levels instead of being 90% total silence.

the lady butterfly boss music triggered me to think of arcanum
I dont know why

I agree
Having the same battle theme play for every encounter is also a complaint of mine.
The ambience of the world gets lost in monotonous shit music.
>turn it off
And fight bosses without music? nah

youtube.com/watch?v=P9yppasLLB4

Videogame OSTs are forgettable. Not a single good one has ever been made.

>might agree with bb
you never played the game

>from game
>boss starts
>obnoxious choral chanting starts

can we stop using this gay shit in osts?

Fuck all of you. They should've gone for something crazy like MG Revengeance. This is a video game, not a fucking history lesson. Give me that kickass electric guitar and bass. Let me have some FUN for fucks sake. Not boring YOOOOOOOO music that nobody not even nips like.

Attached: 2442220-armstrong002.jpg (320x320, 13K)

>Sekiro has a bad OST
when will this meme end? NOTHING will top this youtu.be/NLzI98wTjgs

Attached: 1549556611056.jpg (540x414, 13K)

This is the OST to DmC though.

youtube.com/watch?v=vTSZDsrDn7I
From OSTs used to be based

Now this I like. Some actual FUN in my video games. When I'm getting my ass kicked by the same monkey two dozen times, the least I can get is some nice music.

?
MGR sucks even for fagrock tho?

I HIGHLY disagree. Only DeS really stood out to me OST wise, Sekiro has some really good music I really liked the songs playing in the spooky areas.

Attached: O'Rin.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

That sword is a mod, right?

Attached: daijobu.jpg (242x208, 34K)

>he doesn't know

No.

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 09.01.41.71.jpg (2560x1440, 861K)

>youtu.be/H6gOSF5SR-s
>put music volume at 100 and FX at 30 for max Frequency comfiness
The only game that can compete with this is Zone of the Enders youtu.be/3OcD_YpAa9w

Attached: large.jpg (500x500, 189K)

How the fuck did I miss it

Attached: sekiro.png (942x75, 8K)

you actually thought there wouldnt be a memelight sword?

I highly disagree. Demon's was boring. It's one interesting song was a shitty harpsichord loop

Yuka Kitamura was always one of the lesser composers and any From game that does not have a real orchestra is DOA; shit just sounds cheap

I think she tried way too hard to make it sound routed in the setting of the game, no boss fight theme stands out, and the battle music at times can even be annoying

without a doubt the worst OST From has produced in the last decade, just completely forgettable

Had to mute it because of the combat music.

Based retard.

only fromsoft game that I've muted the music for desu

Don't make me mad.

Truth hurts. Videogame music is uninteresting.

HOW the hell did you get this?

It's hidden in the foggy forest. If you clear the fog you can't get it.

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 22.07.43.34.jpg (2560x1440, 941K)

Kill yourself Yea Forums fag. Go back to listening to nigger "music" and jacking off to kpop idols.

>Deracine is out
>Sekiro is out
are you weady for Armored Core?
youtube.com/watch?v=lBmPvWyQ-HY
youtube.com/watch?v=lf6vg4jMvhY&t=4s

Attached: Screenshot 2019-03-27 19.58.22.png (831x513, 76K)

does it actually do anything though?

Yea Forums sucks though? They listen to Fantano (a man that describes a Moog pad as "ICY SYNTHS" and Fender Twin cleans as "SHIMMERING GUITARS") and argue over his opinions despite his incredibly limited knowledge.

It's a mod, retard. You're about to get "that kid'd"

Heh.

from software never had that good soundtracks

stop ruining it

sorry, i play on console so i wasn't really thinking about mods

Dark Souls 3 and BB were good.

It goes through block like in Demons Souls.

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.25 - 05.16.09.63.jpg (2560x1440, 853K)

>Sekiro has bad soundtrack
youtu.be/nMgUTJo0wPM?t=6872
Nah

AND THEY RUN WHEN THE SUN COMES UP

The only one with a good soundtrack is Bloodborne and that's because it had a bunch of really talented composers working together. I like a couple songs from the rest but BB is the only one I listen to the entire album.

>literally starts with generic YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO music

Attached: fc4.jpg (540x720, 53K)

Most of them are GarageBand trash because only a few had BigBoi's money and good directors for a real orchestral counstrack. It's impossible for an Activision venture to beat the GOD-tier Sony BB OST, for example.

Activision has no platform to sell, thus all that their published games need to meet is the bare minimum standard. Sony wants to pull people into their platform's ecosystem so they try their best, give more money than Activision did, lend one of their 1st party studios to help (JapanStudios), literally create/massively revamp a new engine (which FromSoft still uses to this day and their next big engine upgrade will only happen once they collab with JapanStudios again), and like I already mentioned they also lend Sony Music talent, recording studios, etc for an amazing OST.

This ladies and gentlement is why only brainlets complain about exclusives. Their brains lack neurons to connect the dots of why, on average, exclusives are superior to multiplats.
Heck, even Déraciné's subdued OST has more SOUL than Sekiro or any DarkSouls game. You actually hear REAL notes from REAL instruments.

My dream is that From's next game is a new ArmoredCore, exclusive to PS5 with all the advantages that brings.

Attached: 1546665383081.jpg (1920x1080, 283K)

As opposed to every BB track starting with stabbed strings?

and they actually got a live orchestra, dont forget about that.
>mfw going from Bloodborne to Dark Souls 3 horribly cheap sounding OST

Attached: gettyimages-88785529-1024x1024.jpg (680x1024, 575K)

>japanese dev finally gets to make a game with generic jap music
>it sucks
fucking kek

cringe

Blame yuka overratedmura
Trash piece of shit was left out in the dark with bloodborne and for a good reason

Rank the osts:
Demon's Souls = Bloodborne > Dark Souls > Sekiro > Dark Souls 3 = Dark Souls 2.

The Youtube videos of them doing the BB OST in Sony's studios is pretty cool. Sony got some real resources to lend.

Yes, obviously. Please write your comment in the comment field next time, so people's filters apply to your post.

Session cellist here.
What are stabbed strings, user?

you should kill yourself

Seems right but I didn't play BB and presume it's shit because of the general edginess.

nier, and div:os

Some of the DaS3 instruments ARE recorded acoustically. But most of it are sample packs and the songs are Frankenstein'd together.

Bloodborne is so samey, what the fuck are you on? Do you unironically listen to the Halo soundtracks as well you manchildren?

Probably because you can't afford a ps4, not because of it being edgy

>*YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs your path*
Okami has a perfect OST
youtube.com/watch?v=60FJDw9qcFk
youtube.com/watch?v=WAkD39BjOq8

Attached: Ninetail.jpg (2000x1529, 743K)

Enjoy that epic orchestral soundtrack whilst you play at sub 20FPS. Music > gameplay amirite Sonybros? Fucking retard.

Why? Yea Forums is the Yea Forums equivalent of arguing over a Mattmatosis video.

Okay, these are shit boys. Anything else?

>MFW PCmaggots cumming at DaS3's final boss OST, while all I heard was low-tier processed fake music that much like the rest of the game was a SOUL-LESS rehash and nostalgia fanservice pandering that I'd gladly pay extra to NOT hear

Seriously, DaS3 was underwhelming on every possible aspect when BB came just 1 year prior.

Attached: 1527520283065.jpg (679x631, 56K)

Nah I own the game it was just boring and laggy and ugly. It's literally just Souls without knight stuff so I have zero interest. Sekiro was fun though, Ninjas are cool.

this, fuck topical boards(regarding their topics) and the farthuffing opinions they hold
for fuck sake, all of Yea Forums can be boiled down to
>I like worse stuff than you, therefore I'm a bigger fan of the animus

sure you do

DeS and BB are their only good OSTs, the dark souls games have a few decent ones between the games but most are shit

LOLz the best theme was the fitgirl theme while downloading the game :D

I don't remember a track from dark souls 2, or sekiro(which I played fucking yesterday), and BB is definitively better than DeS. Overall, you're alright, for a nigger.

>hating on Okami's OST
a cardinal sin and a sign of shit taste youtube.com/watch?v=FgfsAscWE_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=C_cYPVpVUkw

Attached: 1468882979992.jpg (1280x720, 338K)

>people unironically think yuka kitamura is good

Attached: 1484455752523.png (674x674, 352K)

Sorry, there's no helping that "taste".

youtube.com/watch?v=OvxD2YHc80k
here's your boss music for today

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=C_ywF3fp564
youtube.com/watch?v=h2zS86kNCO8

Wbat instruments do you boys play?

well they were coming from DS1 and 2, both of which had the same shitty sounding cheap OSTs, so its not all that surprising. when i heard the absolute travesty that was Vordt's theme, i knew exactly what i was in for youtube.com/watch?v=UIX_-AMuAhY

i don't know how anyone could listen to that and think the OST was even close to Bloodborne in any way. it's fucking embarrassing

Attached: 1491659280633.gif (540x300, 364K)

I do.

Attached: 20170125_1116_24116_.jpg (1024x1024, 73K)

The only track from DaS2 I remember is the Ruin Guardians.

News flash: Fake music sounds shit even at 240fps

And actually yes, I enjoyed BB MUCH more at 24fps and 2 minute load times than I did DaS3 with a NvME SSD and 80+fps.
God-tier games are God-tier regardless of original platform. Shit is Shit regardless of platform too.

I think it's pretty good. Especially in the monk area. The battle theme there is intense

You can't say that wtf man

accoustic and electric guitar and drums. i'm the okamifag. nice try user but you just have shit taste. dont worry, there are many others like you out there

Dude, I can't even tell a fucking note and an octave apart. Get out of here with that farthuffing crap, sounding good is good. Shove that merzbow album up your ass.

Not that user, but I play piano. Why? Are you one of those immense gigantic autistic faggots that plays several instruments and has to let everyone else know how much you know about ebin music theory and how simplistic the stuff others like is? Do you also sip on wine and listen to classical music (but not the popular ones, right faggot)?

I bet you're a jazz nigger. Good Lord, I'm practically counting on it.

>Guitar and drums
It's a start.
What's your guitar rig and drum setup? I hope you have respectable equipment.

WITH THIER LIVES ON THE LINE

Man, I must've killed them like 40 times just jumping down there and tearing shit up and I can't remember it even as I listen to it now. Sure, it doesn't sound like their usual tunes, but fuck me I can't believe I've ever heard that before. It's generic as shit, mate. Part where the choir hop in is pretty good though.

I'd bet you $100 he's a dadrock fan and lying about it.

I wish it had more heavy percussion like the Shogun 2 OST. This shit gets me pumped.

youtube.com/watch?v=OwJ1EpxiWb4

youtube.com/watch?v=EVrNq-2okG0

>And actually yes, I enjoyed BB MUCH more at 24fps and 2 minute load times than I did DaS3 with a NvME SSD and 80+fps.
That's not the point you huge mongoloid braindead fuck. The post I replied to was arguing for exclusives when in reality orchestral soundtracks have fucking nothing to do with it and Bloodborne would objectively be better on PC with better framerates and loading times. That doesn't mean you can't like an exclusive more than a multiplat, it means that if you get sour or bitter about that game getting ported to an objectively superior platform, you are the embodiment of a cancerous nigger. I love Blodborne and would love it more on PC with objectively superior everything. And don't fucking make me take a picture as proof I own the game. You'll regret it.

I like that one a lot too. That murmuring is creepy.

All true. Haven't played BB though so I can't speak for it. DS3 was pretty disappointing though. How the fuck can they continually make invasions worse. They didn't even exist in two so this is fucking inexplicable.

mustards always fail to understand that playing a shit game at 60fps won't make it better than a good game at 30fps. this is why they'll always shitpost about bloodborne framerate. just think about it
>after all these years they STILL haven't experienced the kino that is Bloodborne
>have to ignore any Bloodborne discussion in souls thread
>forever stuck with From's incompetent in-house composers and fake orchestra and shitty fake chants with gibberish lyrics
>will never experience BB's fully orchestrated soundtrack with external composers who know what they're doing
>bootyblasted whenever someone mentions kino in relation to any of the Bloodborne gameplay or story segments
>get fed leftover BB scraps with Dark Souls 3 and convicne themselves it was an adequate substitute
i pity them, really

Attached: 1513360341976.jpg (604x614, 95K)

Fusion

>play Sekiro
>dont even hear one "YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

What the fuck is the point?

Attached: 1511501263198.gif (400x300, 480K)

I wish we had game like total war developed by company that wasnt CA

>Sekiro has a bad OST
Just forgettable. If that's bad to do, then so be it.

Check out the ost. Has the most soul out of the soundtracks. I tie it with demons souls because demons souls has the most experimental sounds that I generally enjoy

Wouldn't call them incompetent, they did a fine job with DeS and DaS. 3 has some alright tracks as well.
Every game won't be nier, and that's alright. Probably put BB as the best one though, and I only know that one from the fucking soundtrack.

>are you weady for Armored Core?
The last good Armored Core was in 1999, so no.

Sekiro is garbage weebshit.

Also, this.

DESU I would like from to be a first party Sony solely so they could always use a live orchestra for their music. It makes a difference

>I hope you have respectable equipment.
i'm poor so no. i have an Ibanez RG350 and a line 6 practice amp. i haven't really bothered to get a new drum kit beyond my practice kit because i dont have the space or the money

I can recommend it. t.. mustard, no ketchup

Music with guitars in it = Played out.

i don't actually think they're incompetent, i just want to rustle some jimmies

Attached: 051 - syWDU4Z.jpg (720x405, 26K)

Why are you pitying people who don't settle for shit mate

Sekiro is a below average game morons convinced themselves was good because they think if they call it out for what it is then they're """""""""casual""""""""""""

I agree even though I love their newer games still. Would be nice to see someone else take a stab at the formula.

But they have weird screaming ladies dude. It's strange and different, so I have to like it to avoid being called a philistine by equally insecure people.

Just a bunch of spooky hollywood music from what I can tell.

Mad cuz bad?

Nobody gives a fuck about your opinion. You already said you dismissed it for "looking edgy"

You're a troglodyte.

It's cool that they implemented the chanting the monks do into it. It adds to the sense of danger and anxiety. Like a constant looming threat

i thought the exact same thing honestly. seems like a real wasted oppurtunity, especially since every other game in that setting goes all out with them
youtube.com/watch?v=hTxC-AOQXQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=qBaele3z2lU

Attached: yoooooooooo.jpg (503x768, 151K)

Attached: 1541739876426.gif (255x192, 1.31M)

>not a single YYOOOOOOO
Agreed.

A few of the songs so far remind me of Sekirot tracks, kind of strange. Anyway are you saying the art style isn't edgy? What kind of a retard are you?

This music doesn't seem anywhere near as good as my boy Demons Souls'.

Attached: demons_soul_profilelarge.jpg (960x540, 174K)

youtube.com/watch?v=alTQiC6hhGc

Yeah see you're further proving my point. Sekiro doesn't require real skill unlike Dodanpachi so don't even pull that card on me newfag. I will eat the shit out of you.

I'm saying you dismissed an entire product over how it looks, I'm not saying anything else.

Nioh had a great OST though. I can't remember a single track from Sekiro.

>sounds like it came out of some early 2000s' game
what the fuck is wrong with dark souls 2
how is it so bad at everything?

>mustards always fail to understand that playing a shit game at 60fps won't make it better than a good game at 30fps.
It will make a good game a great game. Shut the fuck up already, everything else you said is literally meaningless. No one other than retards argues anything other than the first statement I made and you have no counterargument to it.

Attached: 20190327_144159.jpg (4032x1904, 906K)

hi i play french horn

Attached: 1524818811585.png (300x250, 57K)

Yikes, show your achievements.

bad bait

I genuinely think it's good. It's not for everyone especially considering most people don't have the tenacity to not give up and the patience and awareness to adapt to be conflict

Sorry kid but I returned that turd of a game after about an hour and went back to Devil May Cry. Enjoy your flavor of the month I guess.

play more.

Attached: d5c.jpg (625x626, 40K)

Hey man, I was just asking. Sekiro is alright, definitely above average.

I didn't say that you dumbass. I obviously played it a bit but it's just not my kind of game.
>first several bosses were easy as fuck because souls gameplay with significantly added mobility and survivability
>nothing cool to find
>nothing but shitty visuals and tryhard scary music despite no scares

Bullshit
as soon as you trigger some enemy in the monastery some serious monk chants kick in

New conflict"

>bad bait
>posts a link to das2 soundtrack
Are you saying it's good?
Are you saying it's serviceable?
Because it's dogshit and I hope you can see that

>the second music is attached to a playable medium it becomes uninteresting
Yikes!

Attached: re9s59bjjb611.jpg (960x960, 121K)

Hell even some Naruto style rock chants. Some of the fights in Shippuden and the OG series had some kick ass soundtracks.

Not even memeing, but what could you possibly expect people to say when you played 1 hour? You can't possibly expect people NOT to call you a casual shitter when most likely your only complaint is "too hard." What the fuck else is there to say?

Attached: (you).png (477x408, 205K)

Because it's a below average game

this, all fromsoft games have boring osts even in the parts where they have music

DaS2 had a some real bangers

youtube.com/watch?v=fQe6G9wkBwg
youtube.com/watch?v=ztPGThfD_GY
youtube.com/watch?v=mz1_3az6Hgs

>miditier dogshit trash
>its good man you just dont get it
das2fags i swear

Demon's Souls was also recorded live.

well fuck you too mate, you play doubles' avocado you better put up a fight

You're trying too hard

Attached: 1551838073079.jpg (350x350, 16K)

The combat music almost sounds like it belongs in New Vegas which is very bizarre to me

maybe they can borrow the nioh OST guy for sekiro 2

The only good Fromsoft soundtracks were King's Field 1-4 and everything Kota Hoshino was involved in with Evergrace 1 & 2 being the absolute apex of videogame OSTs

>HAAAA HOOOO *LOUD A FUCK EPIC CHOIR*
get some taste dude

Attached: 1527874564691.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Holy shit I never realised how close Ruin Sentinels' track was to Hyrule Castle's

This, naruto music is actually really catchy

I play the skin flute.

Sad dark souls 2 fag clinging onto reaction images instead of arguments

you're pathetic.

I'd say a loud "a" fuck epic choir is the proper entrance for the Doomguy of the Dark Souls world coming out of Hell to kick our ass.

You're still fucking going? Yikes dude. Obsessed much?

Attached: 1ezts8ku6hc01.png (231x250, 91K)

fuck you, nigger
youtube.com/watch?v=PqXPW0oBKgg

>muh instrumentation
This is the mentality of the people who think Beats by Dre make their music better. Instrumentation means means WAY less than you think it does. You could get the London Philharmonic to do a cover of Gucci Gang and it would be worse than simple midi version of Moonlight Sonata.
Composition >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Instrumentation

Attached: bonedad.jpg (400x400, 51K)

nvm, fuck me

@456136551
Not me, hard to believe other people don't buy the dogshit midi music das2 has
fucking lmao

It doesn't fit Sekiro. MGRR's OST worked for what it was. Something like DMC5 or Furi is right up your alley, though. Those get you hyped in a similar way, but not the methodical pacing of a samurai drama.
youtube.com/watch?v=IlScQ8IouL8
youtube.com/watch?v=gQ5gtInauiI

Attached: Yotsuba jams.png (396x338, 77K)

I know I'm not normal because I like calming atmospheric music more than, say, battle music. But how can you guys not admit DeS has the best OST? Just for this song alone setting the mood for the entire game, it has the best OST to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=aY-CEFD8X1Q

Attached: 1257565552432.jpg (800x450, 264K)

Yeah but it gets really really really really fucking old after on game, hell within one game itself these songs get really damn old. I genuinely can't remember a single song from DaS2 except for the ruin sentinel theme because it wasn't just a cacophony of loud strings and epic choir for once
I'm someone who loves vidya OSTs and as much as I love the souls series the soundtracks have always consisted of 80% LOUD NOISE, with the occasional "sad" and "creepy" track

>monk chants kick in
best part of the game honestly and literally the only part i liked

based

Thats what i noticed too, i am pretty disappointed with the soundtrack.

did you just misquote twice? I never mentioned Nier, though I have my qualms with Automatas soundtrack aswell

No, once.
>automata
It's alright. No nier though.

are people actually ahting on Nier's OST? how is such shit taste even possible?

Wrong. Composition ideally exists in perfect symmetry with instrumentation to create the perfect sound
The dynamicism of DS composition cannot be fully captured by the shitty midi work. This is why bloodborne has the highest quality OST.

Incorrect

I agree, Kota Hoshino needs to do the soundtrack for a Souls game
youtube.com/watch?v=7kLPPUQyLNA
youtube.com/watch?v=XnvqcSKho5w
youtube.com/watch?v=5R56ZXQhPu0

Attached: Many fall in the face of chaos, but not his one - not today.jpg (3840x2160, 268K)

nah, that's a misquote
my bad, meant to tell the "le ebin orchestra" ironic shitposter to stuff it

That has among the best I've heard for sure

>unplugs your music theory
heh, nerds

Attached: Venetian.jpg (400x300, 39K)

Wait, are there people who actually like the music in Souls games?

What music? There is almost none, outside of boss battles, which just launches into incredibly generic over the top bombastic orchestral scores that are the musical equivalent of being hit over the head with a sledgehammer.

Attached: 1527181452610.jpg (621x621, 159K)

>enter fog gate
>loud blaring instruments and obnoxious chanting starts playing
I'm glad they stopped doing this but sekiro's OST is completely forgettable, DeS and BB are leagues above the rest

ruin sentinels, old dragon slayer and the credits theme are the best ones

It's not obvious, you literally said

>Seems right but I didn't play BB and presume it's shit because of the general edginess.

Eat a dick you dumbfuck loser. Stop backpedaling and neck yourself.

Sound design in general is pretty mediocre in Sekiro

what the fuck, what gives you the right

When it's not fucking deafening you with its obnoxious in-game volume that Majula track is pretty cozy.
youtube.com/watch?v=D8ShsHeYkeI

no not my Brilliant Pebbles Advanced Audio Video Tweak!

Attached: 1552748668381.jpg (510x342, 28K)

see unless they replace him which would be a retarded decisions, but i'm sure soulsfags with defend Miayzaki even if he did something that stupid

The only memorable songs are Gwyns Theme and the Nameless Song (Credits Theme)

Nier also uses choir but it actually uses it effectively to create its own aesthetic and atmosphere
Dark Souls choir is just another noise in the "loud boss fight" pile, there's no sense to it

Automatas soundtrack felt kind of hollow and "full of itself" to me for some reason. The entire game was just too melodramatic to me, the first Nier felt more grounded and humble.

Bigger is not always better
youtu.be/45LKV8irGzA

>complain about loud blaring instruments and obnoxious chanting
>lauds BB and DeS soundtrack

¿que?

True. But Sekiro is inferior to all other Soulsborne games in pretty much ALL aspects, so...

Attached: dog-in-tux.jpg (550x649, 29K)

Why are there western instruments in ancient japan? I dropped the game as soon as I heard a violin.

I dismissed it for many reasons that I didn't outline.
>Nah I own the game it was just boring and laggy and ugly. It's literally just Souls without knight stuff so I have zero interest. Sekiro was fun though, Ninjas are cool.
Later I said this.

Why are you so mad?

Had more fun in Sekiro than any Souls except the first two.

you're a dumb loser.

fucking based

Well I can't pinpoint why I don't like automata as much, all I know is a good deal of the tracks I liked were remixes from nier.
I think both DeS and DaS had some exceptional tracks and were well and truly punching above their weight class in terms of soundtracks.
2 and 3, yeah, I can definitely see what you're saying, I know there's orchestras going absolutely apeshit but fuck me if I can a single track from them(save soul of cinder, that's some tight shit).

>dropped the game because of a violin

Attached: 1553604268769.jpg (646x687, 69K)

Does liking Demons Souls dopey soundtrack make one a boomer?
youtu.be/q16PAMzk9TI

Attached: 1541414091596.jpg (550x550, 33K)

Nobody on Yea Forums likes fantano in 2019. Go back to /prod/ nerd.

>I dropped the game as soon as I heard a violin.

Attached: 2px26b59pelz.jpg (818x503, 32K)

Didn't everyone in Yea Forums drop him immediately with his BDTF review? What was the deciding factor for everyone hating him over there?

It has pretty good level design and it is such a fucking waste when the itemization is basically non-existent and there's warping from the start.
Yes, I'm fucking mad.

So it's fucking horrible? From games never have good music if you aren't a fedora fatty.

I honestly feel for zoomers who didn't enjoy this when it came out. It's literally the only truly good game From has ever made.

Attached: 1550114160291.png (660x669, 382K)

>assume it's shit because it's edgy
Devil May Cry is edgy, and if you don't think that is the tightest shit, then get the fuck out of my face.
>Nothing cool to find
what do you define as "cool"

kek

Attached: 1537957830788.jpg (301x312, 79K)

at least try

Attached: 1534820397910.jpg (686x572, 68K)

I mean, sure, I like the hub music (Firelink Shrine is also good), but that's like 1 track in an entire game. Other games can have a 100+ different music tracks that are good.

now THIS is a boss fight theme
youtube.com/watch?v=_i4JP-NxfN8

You know, not liking Nier's OST is one thing, but calling it shit taste is going a bit too far. You're trying a little bit too hard to be contrarian.

DMC isn't edgy you retard.
>what do you define as "cool"
I don't find black fedoras and black trenchcoats coupled with black bloody saws cool, I'll tell you that much.

take it easy, man, BB is pretty light on the RPG side, don't pretend you can't see why someone into that might not like it so much
nothing's for everybody

this, seriously, what the fuck
if you told me that's a joke I wouldn't believe you because it's too goddamn stupid to be plausible
youtube.com/watch?v=TR3NNyixNew

>DMC
>edgy
I can tell you've never played a DMC game in your life.
Unless you only played the reboot, that would explain a lot

It honestly is considering its just a filth giant slowly following you around. What its lacking in bombast it makes up for in personality. Granted thats probably the shittiest boss in the game
Meanwhile in Sakuraba land
youtu.be/uCjlcO3fL3w

Attached: 1552000779944.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

I don't really care about the RPG shit in Souls but BB was, to me, just a restricted and super edgy Souls game that was also a bit too easy. And because it also looked and ran like shit I didn't bother playing it for long.

how is that contrarianism? what else can it be if someone actually thinks Nier's ost is bad. you do know that there is such a thing as having bad taste right? yes art is subjective, but if when i hear people say stuff like Avengers is the best movie of 2018 or GoT is the greatest series ever createed, what else am i to call it but bad taste? because no one who isn't an utter pleb can have such an opinion

Now that I think of it, I think FFXV has the best OST this gen.

youtube.com/watch?v=4V6nFSX7hPs

youtube.com/watch?v=IUMcJE2-VyQ

Attached: noctis1.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

yeah it ran like fucking dogshit
can't agree with the fights though, especially not with the DLC

crigne

kys

DON'T FUCKING RUIN THIS THREAD!

Attached: 1474044083127.jpg (404x461, 79K)

>what else can it be if someone actually thinks Nier's ost is bad
Well, it could be congenital, or acquired.

>Posts Somnus, a track made during the PS3 generation

I don't see anything "pleb" about that opinion. Keiichi Okabe is a great composer. Is it because Automata made Nier mainstream? You know Nier's OST existed before Automata.

>all the good songs in FFXV are leftovers from Versus 13
hmm, i wonder what changed and led to Shimomura giving us Elder Scroll's rip offs and tarnishing her perfect 30+ year track record of completely unique and original work. if i only i could put my finger on it

Attached: the autist vs the yes man.jpg (882x1024, 184K)

I only played the first few.

Hoshino is a fucking god

fair enough then
you should finish it though, don't let some console warrior delude you into thinking it's anything but a souls game

I will never agree that no difficulty settings is good in any game, that makes absolutely no objective logical sense

people who want the "normal" intended difficulty can just play on default, you are not forced to switch

Having said that, as long as they have PC versions then I don't care either way. because I just use Cheatengine or Cheat Happens trainers

I played all of DS3 with godmode from the 2nd boss on. And I started using it in Sekiro after just one hour.

Used godmode trainer in RE2R too for the whole game

FFXV had some good tracks made specifically for it aswell. But you're right that the best tracks were made during Versus. I believe "Noctis" and "Wanderlust" are from XV.

youtube.com/watch?v=nZ6trELAk80

What do you dislike about the newer ones?

never been a FF guy, please spoonfed me the best tracks and holy shit nice quads m8

Maybe if I can emulate it all someday.

What a loser lmao.

>A fucking gaijin made better jap-themed music than an actual nip, with more diversity of instruments even
youtu.be/n6BY2GFilng
youtu.be/kFQhzuhaMfg
Dilapidated Shrine themes, peaceful themes

youtu.be/EVrNq-2okG0
youtu.be/U_uDJlqj0rQ
Boss themes

So you're bad and cheat to compensate for it.
Okay.
Moving on with the thread I guess.

I love it. It's no bullshit.
youtube.com/watch?v=JWTurRESM5M
youtube.com/watch?v=wwA0hD9xrfE
youtube.com/watch?v=Co0rQU7SNV0
youtube.com/watch?v=k7T05Lm9mjw

>my half-demon white-haired guy who uses a sword named "rebellion" with a skull, ribcage, and femurs as the crossguard, and dual wields black and white pistols, while wearing a red trench coat and having a transformation where he unleashes the demon inside him, who has a twin brother who sports a katana and a blue trenchcoat, isn't edgy, because he has a cheesy attitude
If you never heard of Dante before and I described the above, it would sound like a play-by-post freeform roleplay character. Dante's fun, but I can't wrap my head around how you think he's not edgy.

lmgtfy.com/?q=paragraph wikipedia

XV is complete dogshit but has some decent tracks
I really like this one
youtube.com/watch?v=cwRRxJAtTMo

not FF but here's a playlist of Yoko Shimumora's best work. a few songs in it are from FFXV they're actually leftovers from Versus 13 and a few from Kingdom Hearts. The others are a random assortments from her previous works youtube.com/playlist?list=PL41A4D26518F314FC

as for FF in general, Distant Worlds is a good place to start youtube.com/watch?v=yd3KYOei8o4

Attached: cute mommy composer.jpg (1920x1080, 207K)

I've also never played any FF ever, but even I get butthurt when I know about the shit.
WRONG VERSION
youtube.com/watch?v=Li6VBOo-lq0

Attached: 1541929831949.jpg (1012x1132, 386K)

>playlist
I feel sort of filthy with the spoonfeeding, but good God man, that is convenient. Thank you. You have a heart of gold.

i bet you cheat in everything in life.

NO WONDER DEMON SOULS AND BB Are my favortie games of the series when it comes to music.

The quality is there and it shows

cheeted on you're mom

First thing I did was set music to 0. Japanese music is like someone whining in musical form.

I come from an spanish background of coal miners so no I dont.

There aren't many times when Gaijin can get into the rhythm of taiko,
not to say that any of this is traditional or even attempting to be at all, but damn he did a good job not shitting up the usage of the drums.
So many other Western (even Nip!) composers can't fully utilize the potential of the drums. The think "oooo big and loud, that'll do it."

epic

Attached: 13b.gif (931x682, 426K)

On paper it is edgy but in execution it's anything but. It's campy and takes itself seriously while joking around. I'm starting to think you're retarded.

no problem. here's a distant worlds playlist. it's not everything, but it's a start youtube.com/watch?v=GsGJKkOWHhY&list=PLA8BAB9259BB4E2AA. the previous video i linked also has timestamps in the description and commetns so that should help as well

Absolute kino

youtube.com/watch?v=jJb_y-zmXV0

>distant worlds
>26 tracks
Am I safe in assuming the 4-hour album has all of it?

nvm, stopped being a lazy pos and checked it myself, seems the playlist are(the first) 2 albums while the "album" has 4.