What is unironically the best combat build for skyrim?

what is unironically the best combat build for skyrim?
>warrior two-handed melee,
>warrior dual wield one-handed melee,
>warrior one-handed + shield,
>bow and arrow,
>stealth backstab x30 damage bullshit,
>mage w/ no tools,
>mage w/ staff,
>mage w/ one-handed melee,
>or something else

Attached: sword and shield.jpg (512x512, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Revyn_Sadri's_Copper_and_Onyx_Circlet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stealth archer is unironicaly completely broken

The modded big titty warriors harem master

Is there a reason to wield a staff? Just seems like a pain in the ass to me.

Don’t go melee, since you’ll just be left clicking enemies tge whole game. Don’t use magic, because it’s unbalanced and requires a shit ton of magicka for middling damage. Stealth archer is unironically the most engaging and fun choice. But really just do yourself a favor and don’t play this shitty game.

I can't enjoy anything but magic or archery in Skyrim. Potion Hax Crossbow for VR because I like to kill trash enemies in one shot for realism. There is no weight or impact, literally, to fighting. Aside from a blood spray that comes from the air near the enemy melee gives no feedback to melee attacks. It makes even using a greatsword feel like a slap fight.

Attached: 1542489386246.jpg (922x1000, 320K)

if you dont upgrade magica i guess

stealth
archer

Stealth archer.

>all stats into health
>wear heavy armor
>enchant your gear to get 100% reduced magicka cost on 2 schools
>run around chucking fireballs and lightning storms with no repercussions while also having huge defences and bottomless healing

not quite the most broken, but I've found it's the best build for facerolling
stealth archer/invisibility backstab chains at least require positioning and you to cast and then crouch, going armor cheese mage makes you nigh invincible and all you have to do is spam destruction spells at shit until they die

Shields are busted in Skyrim.
Literally can’t die.

I just creep on everything and get instant kills with a dagger

Spell sword. Cast all the spells and swing a one handed weapon occasionally.
A traditional pure mage with nothing other than his spells, robes, a dagger and staff is also pretty fun.

Pure melee is just a snooze fest in this game.Stealth archery is broken.

>two-handed
garbage tier, slow and relatively low damage
>dual wield
maximum possible dps with power attacks
>one-handed and shield
ideal for permastunning your opponent via shield bash, timed attacks between stuns
>bow and arrow
never optimal damage wise, good option if you can't afford to get hit
>stealth backstab build
literally the best, but situational since dragons can fly, also requires setup and gear
>anything mage that isn't illusion
Doesn't scale to endgame, garbage tier. Illusion doesn't work against dragons and boss type enemies, but it can cheese anything else. Extremely useful for a backstab build. Conjuration gets bonus points for scaling with difficulty, incredibly useful early on.

Poison of paralysis and lingering damage health. Git gud at making these, and it won't matter what build you use.

Hint: Canis root, imp stool, and mora tapinella. You can grow these in perpetuity at your home if you have Hearthfire or mods.

Nice headcanon

Obectively best is Conjuration, and it has always been since Morrowind

>Skyrim
>build
good one

I've once RPed a wannabe mage that could only use staffs and scrolls, was viable but fucking expensive to constantly buy scrolls.

Enjoy not killing undead who are immune to poison, retard

Get 200+ mods and just maybe you'll find a build not boring enough to finish the game. Worked for me

It doesn't even matter, the combat is shittiest most brainless dogshit i have ever tasted

t. ADHDfag

My favorite Skyrim build is using everything all at once because the game is shit at havi g the player stick to a "build"

he's right though base skyrim is bland as fuck

If you get the last stealth perk you become stealthed for a half a second when you crouch no matter what. So I hit and crouch at the same time in combat and get a x30 crit with my dagger

If its so bland then why is it the game of the decade?

Stealth and archery trivialize the game even on the hardest difficulty. Late game, you'll one shot dragons out of the sky with a well placed shot. Its fucking stupid.

It isn't

>Illusion doesn't work against dragons
>get Ordinator + Apocalypse Spells
>Curse of the Silent followed by Magicka Void
>every Dragon dies in seconds

sword and board or archery, everything else is subpar shit including magic because bethesda is shit at game design

Just because you don't want it to, doesn't mean it isn't

Listen to me now, for I know what I'm talking about:
-High elf warrior in light armor w/ longsword / axe or similarly big weapon

So much of the game's mechanics are determined by your character's height, including your reach and your running speed. Only when playing a male high elf is your stride big enough and your sword long enough that you can rush Nord bandits and just quickly back away from their sword sweeps without getting hit. Also he gets free racial boosts to magic power, for healing and shit on the side.

STEALTH
ARCHER

Attached: YFPeX5t.png (800x3176, 1.25M)

Just because you want it to, doesn't mean it is

Attached: 1485578604214.png (355x328, 66K)

Wait so the stealth archery is not a meme and autists actually only play that?

>if you play as thalmor
you cant play as thalmor

Thanks most in part to the garbage AI. If you position well then it will take them forever to even reach you.

Name a more popular and successful game than Skyrim this decade, that still holds replay value to this day

Stealth archer and backstab, after that you just enchant shit. Melee is completely broken and not in the good way, its entirely about how well geared you are. Stealth in general is extremely viable without enchantments and busted with.

Tons of people play like that, it's just overpowered and more fun to play other ways

>make an elf and dress him in high elf armor
>thalmor encounter in road
>they threaten me for Talos and attack me
Good job Bethesda

>staff
>one handed melee with soul trap
>heavy armor
>umbras sword and azuras star for maximum carnage

Attached: 1439047534079.jpg (384x288, 35K)

just because you dress up as a police officer doesn't make you a real police officer

>popularity
ad populum already kek normalfags got shit taste what's new? besides games much older held a bigger playerbase for a lot longer like CS and Team fortress 2.

When you break the game down into stealth/melee/magic categories, and sort things like lockpicking, pickpocketing, and speech, all of which expand the available content in the game in a playthrough behind one of those 3 categories, naturally people will tend toward it.

Y I K E S

magic is very powerful, especially conjuration and illusion. Just destruction (like fireballs) sucks ass at dealing damage

It's unironically the most influential game of this decade, the entire open world fad that took hold of the industry was single handedly caused by Skyrim and its 20+ million copies sold

I don't even like TES but I can't deny the cancer Bethesda has unleashed upon this world.

>tfw there are a lot of cool atronach forge recipes but you rarely come across the recipe papers if at all
For example: charcoal+paper roll+ elemental salts = atronach scroll
Why though

How good a game is isn't directly proportional to how ignored and hipster it is, fagget

>umbras sword
wrong game

Neither it is by it's popularity fagget
influential doesn't mean good

> subpar shit including magic
>2 Dremoras that rape literally everything
>3 if you have a follower with Sanguine Rose

Female stealth archer nord.

>female

And what is the secret recipe for good? HUH!?

>(male)

The issue of the game preferring stealth assassins won't resolve itself until bethesda learns to completely separate combat and civil skill progressions, which they'll never do because they're dumb hacks that don't know how to fix problems with their games that have existed for a whole decade.

>wanting to watch a man run and grunt for 100 hours playthrough
Gay

Not a logical fallacy that's for damn sure.

Sword and board.
If you get Spell Breaker you are invulnerable so consider if you want to play the game on easy mode or not.

Combat in skyrim is not very good. Melee is useless without breaking the game with enchanting, magic sucks mid to late game even with enchanting, stealth is the only class that is viable for the entire game. There is at least some fun to be had with lining up shots and the mediocre stealth system. Stealth + Dagger is powerful as well but relies more on good gear then stealth archer. Bound Bow is one of the most powerful weapons in the game because free deadric arrows, this is despite the fact that you can't enchant it.

>literally saying I don't know
Ok

Do you feel anxiety whenever you hear your own grunts, tranny?

>>bow and arrow
>never optimal damage wise
This + a good crossbow rework mod makes them extremely mobile and busted.

Attached: 20923-1518780532-319834776.jpg (670x374, 25K)

>using third person

Attached: laughingshoes.png (255x255, 159K)

>Melee is useless
How come? Two handed power attacks are pretty good. Magic is trash but Conjuration is great, especially if you don't wanna get tired at dealing with enemies yourself

The best combat build is playing as a shota Breton mage with a strong Nord mommy gf bodyguard.

>we could be having mod packs that does all the modding for you
>mod creators are too autistic to ever let it happen
Spending 40 hours modding your game is not fun you fags.

I find combat Archer to be hella fun, as well as two handed. Conjuration mixed with any combat style is completely op.

I didn't make any claims about that kek, I said popularity doesn't make a game good.

Attached: 1534379324050.gif (367x219, 523K)

Why would I grunt
>wanting to watch big hairy veiny arms swing around
Gay

Melee is 100% dependent on how geared and leveled you are, there is no intricacies to it. Melee only works if you combine it with something else. Its a dps and armor race with melee and its boring.

It is certainly a good indicator that they did something right

Sword and resto magic. Get respite and you win the game. rotation is
>Power strike (staggers them)
>normal hit
>heal
>Power strike
>repeat forever because you should have 100% magic restore with this build
t. 800 hours in vanilla. Oh also i hope you enjoy infinite running because with respite you have infinite stamina.

Attached: 400px-Skyrim_Respite.jpg (400x390, 45K)

Look at your hands

>not playing blue pilled high elf mage submitting to nord cock after feeling guilt about banning talos worship

you can strike and dodge like a DEX fag if you are tall enough

it's shit and they just want notoriety rather than bringing something convenient to the community.
I did have fun modding my game for 4 days and another 3 days fine tuning/removing unnecessary mods though but I had 50x more fun actually playing the game

>800 hours in vanilla
I didn't make it 20 hours before I had to start modding the awful combat and progression
Were you actually enjoying yourself?

big tiddy mods + immersive first person is the only true choice

Attached: attention peasants.png (272x282, 24K)

Shadow Warrior dagger assassin. Literally constant *teleports behind u* killcams after crouching and doing a double attack.

Or make vegetable soup.

Oblivion and Morrowind have this but they are frowned upon, somebody needs to go Rouge in the Skyrim community and just do it.

literally don't need respite at all, put a 1pt stamina drain on your weapon and you can power attack after every extra hit

I think there is a bit of a rite of passage getting your first mod list working, it gets you up to speed with modding. If there were mod packs, you'd probably see more people asking questions on "how do I install this". Still they need to get their head out of their asses, graphic modding alone is not making me want to come back to skyrim.

Ew faggot, don't make me do that again

No it isn't it means a lot of people liked it enough to buy it, not that it was inherently good.
Do pop singers release masterpieces everytime or just catchy music? And by this logic anything unpopular is awful, which is again a fallacy.

Characters > Builds.

Well yes, a melee class without smithing is shit. And then you get to deal with an iron sword and fur armor opponent 2 shotting you because he is 10 levels higher than you but still.

If you think skyrim combat has no weight youd really hate the older games lmao

But you don't get the healing. The running. The extra damage, ect. The versatility of that build is endless. You're suggestions work but they're not as effective.

>build
>in skyrim
>where the only real point is to RP a character
why

Not that guy, but no. I did however keep wanting to make new character builds every 10-20 hours, which somehow pushed me to keep playing. Eventually I was breaking the game wide open, using the vampire lord/werewolf transform glitch to equip 15 pairs of heavy gauntlets for massive melee damage was the last thing I did before moving onto pc.

Or you can get absorb stamina enchantment
Or you can make a vegetable soup and get literally unlimited power attacks. I don't know if that can be counted as a glitch abuse though

I like the exploration and iv'e played it off and on from release on ps3 to now. Still haven't discovered everything in the game.

I suppose. That was my 4th time installing more than 100 mods and I felt like I actually knew how to troubleshoot this time.
Then Skyrim updated and I just re-installed my old Skyrim.exe because I didn't feel like waiting for all the other mods that used SKSE to update since some were broken

>builds in Skyrim
>playing vanilla Skyrim
>playing Skyrim at all
Just install titty mods.

Attached: 1507979567073.png (307x567, 127K)

there are no builds in Skyrim it's not an RPG

I remember I tried going witcher with a few overhauls, needed to prep for each fight. Somewhat managed to mitigate a few things, but none of the fights are engaging, but it did make the prep more interesting. I eventually just going stealth again.

But respite can be combined with shields so you never die with the added healing, you never run out of healing bashing or magic. It can be combined with stealth skills for infinite rolling, the possibilities are endless. I think you niggers are underestimating how strong it is.

It means pop marketers do a good job, and the songs are designed to be liked by the biggest amount of people
>people determine what is good or not
>a lot of people think its good but one dude thinks otherwise
I bet you don't even know what it is a fallacy and that it doesn't always apply

in the contrary, playing an illusion alteration mage (preferably in vr) is the most fun

fucking dont play vanilla even if it's your first time
install some overhaul right now (if you play vanilla you will do it anyway after like 50 hours and regret time wasted since you will have to create a new character)

Is "Khajiit slut" a build?

Attached: 87124-1536537520-390179683.png (670x378, 100K)

It's not that people intentionally only play that, it's that it's an instant win button that is always available, so you end up doing it whenever you stop forcing yourself to do something less effective.
Even if you're a melee or mage character, there's no reason not to take a bow just in case.
The AI are brain-dead and you'll see them miles before they see you, so there's no reason not to shoot at them.
Crouching takes half a second and increases your damage, so there's no reason not to crouch.
Then they're all dead and they never spotted you, you're a stealth archer.

>want to play as a big tiddie op goddess who summons deadra to fight for her
>deadra are fucking retarded and very few good summoning mods

t. Colette

Attached: image.png (278x500, 310K)

end thyself heathen

this screenshot reminded me how horrible the lightning was in Skyrim for a 2011 game

there has never been any stats on it though. when the game came out everyone i knew was talking about their wildly different builds. it is only when the min-maxes started to take hold of the discussion that the stealth archer meme started.
it doesn't represent a normal casual playthrough of the game.

Any mods to make staffs not completely worthless for mage builds?

Shut up it looks good

I don't know what kind of dumb shit you're spouting, but you should stop talking. Just put your points into 2 handed and be happy like everybody else, okay buddy?

Attached: 0c349ac2709218c6beaccb39c17aed63.jpg (708x708, 43K)

I dont know, getting one zapped by random mages in dungeons and caves seemed pretty busted. Stealth Archery.backstabbery was a good counter, but it just feels real cheap. Much rather go in and cut them up with a 2h or sword and shield.

Why though?

Attached: 87124-1536448870-1188764305.png (1920x1080, 3.49M)

>summoning staves
>worthless
Huh?

>Left hand one handed weapon
>Unarmed right hand

No block sword and punch is the GOAT build

Attached: 6db792_5854463.jpg (1152x833, 129K)

>one dude
The game used to be shit on by the daily when it came out user.
You just don't let go of this do you? You can start by making better points rather than hanging onto this awful argumment.
It applies to this because skyrim is boring you never do anything different in the base game, there I gave you a better leg to stand on normie.

Attached: rsm.jpg (579x567, 387K)

Can't you like a regular woman, you fuckface?

yes there are. just because you are a fucking casual that needs the game to tell you what class you are and remove skill choice for you doesn't mean it isn't an rpg with builds.

Max level alchemy poisons and warrior two hand dual classing. Can severely cripple and even oneshot the strongest enemies in game on legendary

Conjuration and sit on my ass while my Atronachs destroy everything.

>Best unarmed looking gloves out there
>Is light armor so it does't benefit from the heavy armor unarmed perk
Why the fuck?

Attached: Stormcloak_Officer_Bracers.png (350x398, 105K)

>liking regular women

Attached: 1552576637914.jpg (1920x1080, 563K)

Best combat build for Skyrim is smithing/enchanting.

Totally broken.

Listen up, moeshitter. Used to be "shit" probably means bugs? It is expected from a pioneer game of this scale. Eight years later and people still play it on the regular, sold incredible amount of copies and got ported on literally everything. Yet you say "lol its shit haha xd", nice arguments I guess

You're making him uncomfortable, hes heard all this time that female features on a humanoid other than human is suuper gay. And hes starting to like it. The sinful faggot.

>a fucking casual that needs the game to tell you what class you are and remove skill choice for you
how fucking backwards can you be?

If you can max out every skill there are no builds, period. That's what makes Skyrim casual. Real RPGs restrict you from being good at every skill and force you to choose. Skyrim lets you max out everything, therefore there's no builds. You can choose to only invest in some skills but the game allows you the freedom to deviate from that. In a real RPG you don't have that choice, hence real RPGs are not casual but Skyrim is.

I was referring to accessible content being heavily advantaged to those skills.
>curious about building in town
>building is locked off for whatever reason
>use speech to talk your way in or stealth around
When you put so many answers to problems behind those 2 skills, even regular players will tend towards them, not just minmaxers. If bethesda were smart they'd just make a karma/personality wheel that everybody specs into inherently with the decisions they make, which define their speech stats with different types of npc (appeal to honor, greed, mercy, cunning, etc). Making it so you level up generic "speech" the same way you level up shit like armor equipability is retarded and a shitty way to build an rpg.

It might look "good" in your head but the fur will feel, taste and smell like shit. You probably fuck cats so you already know that

>He doesn't into Ordinator

Vanilla perks are fucking suffering. Ordinator makes a branch of the light armour tree into the specific unarmed perk tree.

>being attracted to a realistic not-cartoony-looking cat face
i can almost understand the appeal of the run-of-the-mill cartoony furry shit, but at this point its mental illness
if you are attracted to the face in pic related then you need help

Attached: cat.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

But you gotta jump around like a retard with ordinator light armor

excluding stealth archers, the next most exploitable playstyle I went for was 1 handed + block
shield bash gets absolutely ridiculous later on, with some other abilities stacked you can cockblock anything coming your way

Lion fur doesn't feel or smell like shit, and I imagine lions are the closest you could get in real life. I've never tasted it though, and have no desire to fuck them, so I can't comment there.

Oh yes baby, I can imagine how that barbed tongue will feel on the base of my cock

Combat is shit anyway.
The best Skyrim build is pacifist thief, avoiding combat by all costs.

>ad hominem
>newfag
A lot more people play other games/sold more copies, like GTA V for example
>strawman
I said it isn't the game of the decade and it's boring on base game, I didn't expect much but you're pulling the bar even lower man.

Attached: 72f.jpg (355x369, 83K)

>she thinks it's the face
It's the generous female assets combined with the exotic nature.

>A lot more people play other games/sold more copies, like GTA V for example
Just because another game is more popular doesn't mean Skyrim is bad. And if you need to mention the most sold games of all time to bring Skyrim down then you know it is good.
I rest my case

Not him, but umbras sword is in skyrim.

Or get a follower

>pacifist thief
good luck not being able to do the mainline quest, mage's college, dark brotherhood, or the imperial / stormcloack war.
but at least you can become a thieve's guild member i guess?

Attached: cat.jpg (600x857, 62K)

Not really
>inb4 mods

this you can be overpowered using sneak and conjuration. i even did a playthrough without using any perks using this combo. the gear and stuff you get is enough

I've endulged your argumment to prove it's not the game of the decade, by your logic it is not because GTA sold more, you are wrong.
I never said it was bad, I said it was boring, you are quite slow my friend.

Yeah good luck not killing Mercer

Its a creation club item. Go ahead and move goal posts though.

thats why i said "member" and not "leader"

Attached: laugh.jpg (512x382, 30K)

>creation club are not mods
You lost

Don't mind me. Just posting the less adquired item on the whole game

Attached: TESV_Crown_of_Barenziah_Complete.png (773x609, 395K)

>skyrim
>builds matter at all
nigga

>If you can max out every skill there are no builds
every previous elder scrolls game is the same in letting you max out skills.
is morrowind not an RPG?
and playing without turning skills in legendary skills means you are limited to 80 perk points spread across 180 unique perks. and perks are were the real advancements to characters happen with actual abilities.
having 100 in smithing is useless if you don't also spend the 5 perk points unlocking the ability to craft dragon items.
and before it was also possible to get 100 in every attribute. now every level up selection of magicka, health, or endurance is an exclusive decision that drastically affects your character. putting 10 levels into health is 10 levels not in magicka or endurance and those levels are lost forever.

How are you supposed to level to 80 if not by powerlevel on Skyrim? You can 100% the game and still not reach 80 to fight that negro warrior

>not the rng jeweled circlet that does nothing

The what

I'm gonna play Skyrim for the first time.
Which version should I try?
Legendary or Special edition?

Attached: 1505709756940.gif (505x273, 158K)

Everyone knows it's stealth archer.

Sexlab Defeat mod

special edition is better for modding

i'm just saying 80 perk points is the max you get. a normal playthrough will have even less maybe half that. meaning your build choice will be even more constrained.

Special edition. It has all Legendary does and more. Also head over to NexusMods and figure out what mods are good for a first time Skyrim player,> There are lots that enhance the game without changing major sytems/story etc...

normies pls go, gamefaqs or reddit would be best.

fpbp

special ed

For the first time? Special Edition.
The only reason to play Legendary instead is if you wanna install Requiem. But then SE has its own overhauls too, though not as complex.

I dont see how people consider any bethesda game an RPG. There are never any choices to make. Fallout 3 is the closest they'ved come to making an RPG and its still shit.
>he doesn't even know
elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Revyn_Sadri's_Copper_and_Onyx_Circlet
It has less then 1% chance to be found in his stores inventory. If its not there, you have to leave the city, wait 24 hours then go back. It doesn't do anything special or unique. It just has a special name.

light armor dual wield

>every previous elder scrolls game is the same in letting you max out skills
wrong
stopped reading

>I own--er my cat owns me.

I've thought about that before, you could have it so that Speech stat let you go outside of your "personality". Like, if you were a cunt and had low speech you'd only be able to talk like a cunt, but if you had high speech you'd be able to make out that you're a good boi. As justification for the opposite, talking as if you're a cunt when you're actually a good boi, you could just say it's for the greater good/ends justify the means. Cuntiness/Good boiness would be dependent on previous actions and decisions and both would have some benefits.

>linking to wikia

Attached: go kill yourself.png (481x512, 527K)

Special edition then.
Thanks, anons.

Attached: 1466164991425.jpg (398x500, 76K)

>Fallout 3 is the closest they'ved come to making an RPG

Attached: 1530909093907.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

enchant mage with 100% mana reduction. basically infinite rocket launcher.

choices in player dialogue and quests really only started with bioware and interplay. the previous 2 decades of crpgs were just dnd dungeon crawler clones.
are all those classic games like wizardry not rpgs?

Catman claws. Destruction, speechcraft. That's it. Anything else is stat bloat that lowers the damage of your spells.

>rping
Why do people do this?

>breaking down the game for "optimal" stats
>in a singleplayer game
The power of autism knows no bounds.

arena doesn't count since it is barely a game

who the fuck approved the animation for the dual dagger power attack?

LEFT RIGHT LEFT

>using dual daggers

>Not doing x90 damage on a dual power attack

>So many options
>Combat is so dull it doesn't even matter
It's like having a nuke but your only enemies are like a plumber union or something.

This, paladin build can get infinite health with only one handed healing spell while you deal dps with a one handed it literally breaks the game harder than anything else. so bad i dialed it down to -90% cost for restoration so there was still the posssibility i could die.

Attached: 1526751743959.jpg (862x1130, 94K)

I drew this up as a concept for a different game. It's not exactly what you're talking about but I'd like to see something other than "you have high speech which means you can talk your way out of anything regardless of your or your obstacle's personality type." This exact model wouldn't exactly work for TES but something similar would be a step towards adding some depth to character personality without writing a DnD style bio. Bethesda has already removed the karma system from their games and talk like they're mostly focused on making "games where players can make their own experiences" or some garbage rhetoric shit they were spitting during the 76 promos. It all basically sounds like they're not focused on making their games any more than the shallow, empty theme parks that they tend to be. Modding is probably unironically the worst thing to happen to Bethesda games considering that Bethesda may just use them as a crutch for their future models. Who cares about writing player agency when we can sell a backpack mod 8 months after the game launches, sort of thing. I doubt we'll ever see a complex system like this, but I'll stop caring for good after TES6 flops.

Attached: 7e98800075.png (1526x857, 421K)

What makes an RPG? Stat allocation? Is that really it? I've always seen it as prioritizing choice. Choice in the character you make AND what they do / how they do it.
People bitch and moan that Fallout 4 wasn't an RPG, but its exactly the same as Skyrim, and Skyrims the same as Oblivion, and Oblivions the same was Morrowind. The only real difference between them is how many skills you can allocate your stats into, none of them have any real choice. No real meaning behind any of it.
If you want to do a dungeon, you have to do it lethally. If you're given a quest, your only choice is if you take it or not. Join a faction or don't.
All you are in bethesda "rpgs" is a murder hobo who people send to kill shit. You're just picking how you kill shit.

I downloaded the ordinater perks and apocalypse spell pack to try a pure mage. That's kinda cool so far.