Game is playable now

game is playable now
you're welcome, From

Attached: sekiro_kanji.png (1111x434, 754K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/sekiro/mods/13
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>inb4 but muh QTE
it's already a qte lol

At least they could use different kanji for attacks.

Go play Simon says you fucking casual

>At least they could use different kanji for attacks.
it spells Danger

But user watching the enemy's movement is too difficult

>it's a [ camera decides to turn off lock-on for no reason again ] episode

Nah, it's perfect the way it is. Actually having to observe your enemies wind-up is far superior than brain dead color coded kanji.

if anything sometimes the big red flashing kanji is making seeing the movement MORE difficult

That IS an actual issue but only when you're with your back to the wall

It fucks me up because it activates no matter the distance so even if the enemy is nowhere near me I still get the instinct to jump or dodge

If they are holding their weapon down towards the ground they will do a sweep. If they point your sword at you or hold their spear up they're going to stab you. This shit is simple.

it's not that difficult to see what the enemy is doing

>This shit is simple.
And what about purple ninjas that hit with their legs?

Yeah it's so simple and easy lol no wonder the general consensus is this game has baby difficulty right fellas?

>deflecting attacks backs you into a wall
>lock on breaks
>literally can't see shit since the camera is also fucked
>giant red kanji blocking the screen since I'm back against a wall at the enemy is at the point of the combo where they use one their "YOU CAN ONLY DEFEND IT THIS WAY" moves
>die
I'm looking at you Lone Swordsman
>inb4 git gud
I beat him but his fight much like many others in the game, are just shit and not fun

You can dodge OR jump those. Literally don't even need to think.

u mad bro ?

I've literally never been hit by that attack.

>game tutorial
>you should dodge grabs!!!!
>you should actually jump
Bravo Myazaki

also
>you can actually deflect most other perilous

Attached: 40481195323_387f91838a_o.jpg (1845x857, 879K)

This, I would actually prefer an option for just the sound. Especially like some anons have said the camera gets kinda janky sometimes and that kanji just obfuscates more screen

So instead of using a system that's unfair to generally blind people we're using a system that's unfair to colorblind people?

You can only deflect thrusts, the tutorial isn't wrong.

Any chance someone will be able to mod in the actual buttons for the QTE's?

Attached: plzfix.jpg (1111x434, 85K)

>a system that's unfair to generally blind people
it's a videogame

Lol reminds me of shenmoo

>dodge before the grab lands
Oh okay, sounds simple enough. Let me just...

Attached: 1553553695954.webm (720x405, 2.9M)

Yes, you can dodge that but there is no way to tell how to punish those. Miki counter? Jump kick? It's only possible with trial and error which is shit design.

If the animations are as incoherent garbage as they were in DaS3, then yeah, it is too difficult in a wrong way.

Attached: katana fedora.jpg (900x675, 128K)

The only thing this webm displays is your lack of skill

Sekiro has pretty clear animations.

>sucking From's cock about shockwaves
it's 2012 again

the animation looks a little jittery but come on. You're literally standing between his hands as they come together. You think that hitbox is unfair?

B - t e a m
-
t
e
a
m

>You think that hitbox is unfair?
I think 2019 deserves better than "your drape clipped 3 pixels of his pinky finger"

I finished DS3 on NG7+ without problems and I’m over 30. Sounds like an issue of gitting gud.

seems to have the same issues these games have had since DaS2.

why didn't you dodge backwards like any other normal person would? How is dodging into him a good idea when he's sweeping his arms in??

Yeah, this is my biggest gripe with it. It feels like you can't actually step dodge grabs because of tracking and the wide armed stance of almost every grab in the game. You're way better off jumping in almost every case.

No it doesn’t. I found it strange at first also, but you MUST use correct reaction or the enemies teleport onto you like shown in webm. You must dodge back from that attack and it will never teleport onto you.

>you
not my webm

and being "late" is a poor excuse, he still had very wide open arms when he "clipped" through it, if even

he literally dodged into his arm. it's not like the entire dodge animation is invincible. the correct move there would have been to dodge or jump backwards.

Is this a mod? This is great. Very helpful

Honestly I find that more distracting - just remove the fucking symbol and give me a sound - I don't need a fucking symbol saying "HEY PRESS A SPECIFIC BUTTON BASED ON WHAT THE ENEMY IS DOING BTW WE BLOCK SOME OF THE ENEMY!"

pc always wins

Good one.

Attached: grab.jpg (719x400, 82K)

He used the wrong move though.

Anyway to change the colour through a mod or an option of the kanji? It's hard to see for me due to colour blindness. Not impossible, but it would be helpful.

Attached: 1540249752578.png (540x540, 93K)

oh nonono

>He used the wrong move though.
so it's a QTE?

It's not an issue of difficulty. It's about readability and the animations making sense. People have finished intentionally tryhard crap like I Wanna Be The Guy, but it doesn't mean it's a well designed game. Dark Souls 3 wasn't that difficult but you had to learn to expect the boss movements via trial and error because applying common sense and logic to them was useless. You'd have retarded shit like a guy jumping into air, hanging five seconds there like in slow-mo, then suddenly snapping into an insanely fast lunge that 1hk'd most non-overleveled characters.

>over 30
>NG+7
Go outside once in a while, captain autism.

Attached: 1548694958737.jpg (399x328, 51K)

>Sweep is always after the jumping kick
>leg thrust is always after the multi kick combo
?

Yes, basically. I admit that, even tho I love the game. I found it strange at first also, but it is what it is.

>implying the average person is anything other than a shit eating monkey

That’s.... you don’t have a clue what QTE if you think that. You don’t have to actually hit parry. You can jump away, dodge, or attack. QTE’s lock you into a cutscene and make make you press “x” when it’s highlighted.
>but you have to hit a button at the right time
If you actually believe that’s the only criteria for a QTE then you must have an extra chromosome.

why bother with the GIANT RED KANJI in the first place then

>You can jump away, dodge, or attack.
you can only jump sweep
press X to qte

you can only deflect thrust
press L1 to qte

you can (Basically) only jump grabs
press X to qte

it's a qte

All of these games are about learning attacks and windows of opportunity and exploiting then. If you don’t like that you will simply not enjoy these games.
Thanks for your concern, but I have a wife, a kid, 2 real estates, a BMW, and a well paying career. I only play 2-3 games a year, though. And those that I play, I like to master.

Is using Royalguard a QTE? Is parrying in MGR a QTE? Is parrying in Bloodborne a QTE?

this is fucking retarded. are parries in dark souls a quick time event?

>you can only deflect thrust
*trump voice* Wrong.

>being this triggered over a boomer that can play games better than you
looks like someone needs to git gud indeed

when i started playing sekiro i wouldve agreed with this
however after 40 hours im gonna say that you just need to carefully watch what the enemy is doing to determine what is coming

Attached: 1474781580037.png (488x600, 384K)

Except for that purple fucker that does a mid-air breakdance somewhere above your character's head outside of the view of the camera.

the game doesnt tell what button to press
it can be either forward and dodge, jump, deflect, jump back, dodge back, dodge to the side, etc
you can also attack to interrupt the attack in many cases

Fag

i honestly cant believe people defend this
say what you want about dodging too late but that fucking awkward as fuck animation cut is indefensible
have an animation of his had dragging you in to his center so the player knows what happens and how to deal with it in future instead of having entire model warp 90 degrees

I've killed three of these things and didn't have that happen to me once.

>trial and error
>shit design
how?

It's also learning enemy types. If it's a big creature like ogre or monkey expect grabs. Samurai in heavy armor expect flurry attacks and sweeps with an occasional thrust. Spearbro you're safe to mikiri counter 90% of the time.

Before launch people were complaining that the game was dumbed than and those were QTE and shit like that and now they are complaining they can't tell one attack from the other without further guidance?

>the game was dumbed than and those were QTE and shit like that
they were right

>Yea Forums say its piss easy because even retard journos completed it
>turn out Yea Forums is more casual than casuals

sekiro is gift

Attached: 1553375853710.jpg (469x1605, 392K)

This and the monkey grab are the only ones that seen to be broken to me. Honestly, From should stop doing grab attacks if they are going to be this janky, it is not like they are a mechanic that anyone would miss.

>game has difficulty settings

>normal is hard as balls
>hard is hell

fuck you Cuphead

Dark soul always had horrendous grab attack.

For anyone playing this on PC with a high refresh monitor: nexusmods.com/sekiro/mods/13

>>This and the monkey grab are the only ones that seen to be broken to me.

Play the game.

Attached: 1553543987706.webm (960x540, 2.83M)

The monkey grab (we're talking about Guardian Ape's leaping two-handed grab right?) isn't really all that janky in the same way, it just has good tracking and is awkward to dodge since it's so delayed.

>frame just before he gets grabbed in Ogre's hands is him dodging directly into the Ogre's hand
>WHAT THE FUCK WHY AM I NOT INVINCIBLE WHEN I DODGE

Attached: 1543924785598.png (685x358, 562K)

>try
>wrong
>woops there goes 80% of your health and you're dead
>lose half your xp and gold
>"well guess I'll try again"

in real life he'd be safe

in real life a small Asian guy wouldn't be fighting an orge

In real life that ogre would probably crumble under his own weight

This is not a grab though

>a hitbox touched my hitbox as soon as my invulnerability frames disappeared
>that shouldn't count though, that's not realistic

Attached: 1525407891326.png (98x104, 3K)

But I want my hardcore souls experience with 25 iframes per roll :(

this doesnt break the game?

I had this shit happen to me like 10 times. People defending are faggots, I haven't had trouble with bosses since then. His hitboxes are fucking gay.

>This is not a grab though
still broken

Tested it out for a bit and everything looks fine so far.

SHOCKWAVES!

>but there is no way to tell how to punish those
what. it's a fucking straight kick. you deflect it
>Miki counter?
the game fucking says it's for spears, what are you
>Jump kick?
Is it a fucking sweep kick? Then no, you retard
>It's only possible with trial and error
So is Christmas Treeing your multiple choice test, you massive illiterate.

>frame before getting grabbed
Is way away from the hand. See:

cheers

>still posts the frame where he dodges directly into the oncoming hand, still touching him
I don't even need to change the goalpost this time, it's the same fucking situation.

mikiri counter.

>into oncoming hand
Except he got away from under the hand, fucking retard. The animations are fucking garbage the same way they have been in Souls games as well. From is too lazy to fix their designs to make sense.

The game says Mikiri counter is for thusts and talks about stomping a sword to the ground in its description. It works with anything considered a thrust, including one of the ninja kicks. Honestly though, that gives people less of an excuse.

left guy is doing a sweep and the right is doing a grab you fucking moron

>and the right is doing a grab you fucking moron
jump is the right course of action

>watching the enemy's movement is too difficult

Yes user that's very helpful when Isshin is chest high is retarded swaying flowers with stupid particle effects everywhere, or Demon of Hatred's camera decides to randomly give you a view of his last night's dinner.

Attached: 1546720081137.jpg (1080x1080, 140K)

Again, having to make a decision on how to counter or get away from an attack you can’t just block doesn’t make it a QTE. You still have freedom of movement. Hell if you’re close to a tree or building you can rope grapple your way away. A QTE takes away freedom of movement in a cutscene like event, where you MUST hit the button and the scene will always unfold the same way if you make the QTE. Also, the chance of completing a QTE is much higher whereas a parry is much more difficult.

>need to move from point A to point B in any video game ever
Must be a qte

>the animation looks a little jittery
>a little jittery
The character snaps 90 degrees in a split second, God you need to be shot if you think this is even remotely acceptable.

Just parry it.

Where the frick can i download this mod, it doesnt seem to be on nexus?

You don't dodge for spacing, the dodge is grab invuln if you time it right

>hurrrr spoonfeed me from
Stop looking at the symbol and start looking at the animations

nope, you dodge-> counter attack grabs

Attached: pa.png (1008x472, 808K)

really nigga?

I don't usually like boss fight games, but this one looks interesting. Should I give it a go?

well its not a boss fight game. have you never played souls / bloodborne? regular enemies and areas can give you almost as much trouble as the bosses can. the bosses are the highlight but there is much more

I have played Bloodborne for a bit, but I didn't really like it. I kind of want to try this game though, I like the artstyle and the combat looks great, so I'm really considering going for it.

I really recommend you don't spoil the whole game for yourself by being a little bitch and not buying it

yeah go for it. if the combat is the reason you disliked bloodborn then good news the combat in this game is really nothing like it

Alright, I guess I'm buying it

that's cheating. The game's not supposed to tell you in advance exactly what attack it will be, you are supposed to deduce that on your own

That doesn't excuse the shitty hitbox though

why is there a red sign then?

>you can only jump sweep
not true, they ARE parryable. just very difficult. you can also interrupt them with an attack or prosthetic
>you can only deflect thrust
you can also iframe through them or back off, or interrupt with an attack or prosthetic
>you can (Basically) only jump grabs
iframe through or interrupt

Because they know that they're animation is so shit it needs a warning sign before hand

To warn you of a perilous attack that you can't deflect. You then have to quickly read the enemy and determine which type of attack it will be. Jesus fucking christ how can you people be so bad at this and just not understand fucking anything.

it just says "Danger" because there is an incoming unblockable attack. It's not really necessary, all you need is the sound

>clearly still working arms reach after your "dodge"
>complains
Shitters please, iframes won't save you in this game as there aren't any

no it doesn't.

Attached: ogre.webm (924x518, 2.95M)

because it would basically be impossible to tell if a thrust attack was coming from most sources. 50/50 on sweeps

>works on my machine!
thats really the point of inconsistent hitboxes, they are inconsistent

Attached: 1530458332164.jpg (222x293, 19K)

What about when they're doing an attack with a spear but it's not a thrust, it's a grab?

This absolutely should be in the game. Should either be this, or should have Spidey-sense type lines coming out of the head or something less visually obstructive.

> iframes won't save you in this game as there aren't any

LMAO literally btfo by next post

you are braindead. hitboxes are hard-coded in, they literally don't change. they're literally the definition of consistent.
git gud and stop shitposting

isnt this intentional
also when emma attacks you around with her sword flury she spins you around and it un locks

pretty sure lots of characters do this

They aren't real grabs. You can parry them I know, and probably mikiri counter them like regular thrust attacks

Keep telling yourself that shitter. No one apart from other shitters will believe you got fucked because of hitbox issues.

what spear enemy does a thrust animation but its actually a grab attack?

Attached: 1536246909656.jpg (380x400, 42K)

that first shinobi hunter miniboss who can do a running-impale attack that sticks you and throws you like a grab

fucking retard

the one in the starting location?

the spear guy in the memory.

But it's not a grab, you can deflect or Mikiri it.

just because you chumps think the grab animation looks wonky doesn't mean it isn't trivial to dodge in a consistent way every time. Your expectations are what is getting you killed, instead of doing things that don't work over and over because you have stubborn preconceptions about how the grabs should be, just git gud

>retards don't realize you can mikiri that kick

Yes, the middle picture. You can mikiri counter that. It's a thrust attack.

thats not a grab, thats a thrust

retard. you can respond to any of those with any of your moves and you will escape unharmed provided you're not shit. I'm assuming you're shit.

>God you need to be shot if you think this is even remotely acceptable.
you fucking retard how else do you envision it working? a grapple animation HAS TO snap the two models together otherwise you'll have the character floating in the fucking air next to the enemy. please use your fucking brain next time before you write a retarded fucking post.

That's specifically for countering. You can avoid most attacks any way you like.

this is real life

Just a reminder to you retarded soulsfags this autism is the only reason souls is even remotely popular. Every game besides dark souls 1 is shit, the combat system is boring and badly made, and none of the other games have the good world design that is the actual reason people liked 1. What a fucking disaster of the series. I can't imagine how retarded you gotta be to buy basically the same game with recycled assets and engine except none of the actual soul that made the "original" good. They've been doing nothing but recycling this highly flawed game for nearly 8 years. They haven't fixed any of the issues it had either! The fuck is wrong with you people?

I like the combat in dark souls which is why I like DS2 the most because is has the best combat system out of the 3 games. I still like sekiro's combat more though.

pft, this is nothing, here's how a REAL shinobi dodges

Attached: cool fromsoft hitboxes.webm (640x360, 1.35M)

>you're welcome, From
from who?
Cant even finish a letter no wonder you cant finish this game

where's From defense force now to address these?

I can explain this one. You dodge out of the way of his hands but you hit his foot, and it counts. It's bad, but that's what happened, so you know to avoid doing that.

This is pretty much the only instance of bullshit animation in the game. The game is overall way more honest than Dark Souls

yeah but to compensate the two (or 3 if you dont stealth kill) fights against this guy are really bullshit. the hitboxes on his grab are fucking broken

why do you keep fucking mashing circle just play the damn game correctly

I actually can't believe a webm hasn't been made on some of the bullshit grabs the giant ape can do, like we're talking 10ft away. This is absolutely nothing

it's only a matter of time

Shitters drop the game before the ape

>...
opinion discarded.

>Violent cloth physics and blurry flailing limbs

shut the fuck up, moron

i've posted this webm about 3 times so far, NONE of the people in the threads even fucking mentioned the second clip
the guy just fucking straight up hits me through a wall
this was a problem in all of fromsoft games, and it still is a problem now
how the fuck do you continue to ignore it
why the fuck do you guys respond with "GIT GUD" to actual criticism WITH PROOFS?

the first phase of the first ape also has something fucky going on with the shit bomb hitboxes, it has to be dodged right BEFORE he flings it at you. its weird

thats always been a thing in every Souls game too. Usually you can abuse it for cheesing yourself but in Sekiro you are too short range

I'd rather it be above the enemy's head. It's usually fine for 1v1 fights, but it definitely gets confusing when I have 5+ dudes around me and I can't immediately tell why the icon is above me.

Kami bless mist raven

So many games have wonky hitboxes, its not a new concept. But when it comes to Souls and From games people latch the fuck onto it to try and justify themselves going "HEY LOOK AT THIS THE ENTIRE GAME IS FUCKING GARBAGE LOL"
Its a hitbox, sorry its not on the fucking fingers of the model and it hits you when you hug it. Nobody ever said the hitboxes were perfect, that was never a selling point.

The people who bitch about hitboxes don't actually play the game and just look at the first hour of game play and extract their shitposting from that.

>But when it comes to Souls and From games people latch the fuck onto it to try and justify themselves going "HEY LOOK AT THIS THE ENTIRE GAME IS FUCKING GARBAGE LOL"
you wanna know why that is?
because when it comes to games without any balance that just want to fuck with the player like souls games, even a minor nuisance such as hitboxes can lead to a fucking disaster

this is what you fromsoft fags want, right? what's the problem? you're too shit to play anything that's actually competitive, so you play some trash with garbage hitboxes until you beat it on your 100th death and feel like you've accomplished something. seems like every other souls game.

>lead to a fucking disaster
LMAO IT'S A VIDEOGAME

nigga get out like nigga take a walk

Moron

Lots of games have that, the player can do it too, thin walls tend to lead to that. That is the games jank not a 'git gud'. I also never remember anyone saying fromsoft was the god of hitboxes anywhere.
Oh and guess what, that swipe that went through the wall as he was running away? you could have deflected that

dodge backwards away from him instead of sideways you fucking souls babby

why did you take that literally?

A players bad timing does not ruin the game and make the game a horrible unplayable mess that all these faggots make it out to be when shitposting a specific hitbox.
I beat the game last night for my first time, there were three of those chained dudes and that specific grab never hit me, the short range one got me a few times but the lunge you just jump to the side it seems. hugging his body, where his arms are and side dodging means you are still in the arm, thus it hits.

>dodge
>attack doesn't seem to connect
>still get hit
that's not bad timing, that's bad hitboxes
>make the game a horrible unplayable mess that all these faggots make it out to be when shitposting a specific hitbox
it doesn't
and if this wasn't a soulsgame this wouldn't have even mattered
but alas, here we are
>I beat the game last night for my first time, there were three of those chained dudes and that specific grab never hit me, the short range one got me a few times but the lunge you just jump to the side it seems. hugging his body, where his arms are and side dodging means you are still in the arm, thus it hits.
good for you mate
i couldn't give less of a shit

am I the only one that gets distracted by the giant sign every time? I end up looking at that one since its bright red instead of paying attention to the enemy god damn

the loud sound is more than enough indication the perilous attack is coming, let me disable that fucking icon!!

Attached: file.png (436x435, 198K)

I dislike Souls games but everyone complaining I think is missing the point that a lot of it is just bullshit difficulty and you're supposed to swallow up your rage and keep trying different stuff.

Its not a game for people looking not to be frustrated unless you've got the game completely figured out.

>tutorial says dodge sideways
>do it
>get grabbed anyway
>don't do like tutorial says
>grab misses you

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

This game is really fucking awesome.

Don't forget to buy your copy of SEKIRO : Shadows Die Twice, available for PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC. In stores now.

>second part

fucking KEK that happened to me as well, I got spotted in the area next to that wall, fled back to the ogre side, the general was just camping on the other side of the wall, permanently aggroed and would poke at me through the wall with his giant sword

walls means NOTHING in sekiro, if you hide behind one of those wood planks used to protect from arrows it's like you are straight out in the opening, every enemy will see you regardless, the only thing that hides you is rooftops and solid rock, shows that from soft put absolutely zero effort in the stealth part of this game

lol mad

It's not that its too difficult. In games like DMC you can watch it, because the animations are clear and the characters are desingned in a way that you are able to read them if you pay attention, also it has good hitboxes and pathing. From games animations don't necessarily show what is happening and sometimes the enemies would jump from one animation to another completely different because "it just works that way". Also the pathing and hitboxes are always completely all over the place. This is the difference between a dev with fighting games experience and other that has no experience in these "little" things.
The result is that you end up needing these kanjis because you literally cannot trust your eyes when fighting an enemy thanks to the poorly done animations (gameplay wise), the hitboxes and the pathing.

Attached: 1553393424755.webm (800x450, 2.85M)

love how you shitposters always ignore and continue your cacophony of "IT'S UNFAIR ITS BROKEN ITS NOT MY FAULT"
you're on the same level as DSP

Now try to dodge the grap sideways instead of back-sideways

one webm doesnt invalidate my 2 playthroughs of the game you fucking nigger

it proves you're stupid and your words hold no weight though

The animation is definitely bad but it is not like the enemy did some unfathomable movement. The retard did not dodge completely out of the way he just side stepped. Are you so physically retarded you can not adjust while trying to grab a moving object? I don't even play the shitty game but he clearly did not dodge correctly.

it proves your webm is nothing but a fluke, having fought this fucker 5 times now i can say his grab is broken and to say otherwise is ignoring reality

>DUDE THERE WAS NOTHING I COULD DO I PRESSED DODGE AND IT DIDNT DODGE THIS GAME IS STOOPID

Attached: x61GIR3.png (493x674, 238K)

Y'all, think logically for a second.
It's like a simple baseball minigame.
>get caught after dodge?
>too early
>get caught before dodge?
>too late
How is this too much for you to handle?

like i said ive completed the game twice already. you are in fucking denial

>isn't From's shitty locked camera intentional?

Considering they completely fucked the unlocked camera with this game, I think you're onto something.

How embarrassing that you need this.

>Keep the icon the same color
>Audio cue becomes different for each attack type
Is it still a QTE then?

Genius

This would make fights better

It's not a QTE in any of these scenarios. That's not the problem. It's that changing it reduces the act of actually paying attention to and dealing with the attack in question to pretty much nothing so that people will be even worse in their assumption that they can only do what they're "supposed to" to deal with attacks because they would rather consider a tutorial as gospel instead of think for themselves for once. The only suggestion for changing the symbol that actually holds some value would be to move it to the enemies' head, and to Sekiro's back if it's coming from an offscreen enemy.