MGS3 DARK SOULS RE7

Dark Souls, MGS3, RE7

What common thread do these games have?

Attached: tumblr_on44c7bq2V1t66aclo4_250.gif (250x254, 2.62M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ins7QwvAp28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're shit

Name a good game

good game

i forgot how well done her shit actually was at this point, like that shit from Mama or REC.

Survival

Games made by Japanese devs attempting to depict non-Japanese characters in non-Japanese settings and the end result is slightly weird?

Made in Japan

I didn't like it all that much because of the tanker part on my first time through. Now I see it for the classic it is. All three of these games are 10/10 to me. One thing that stands out in two of the three is the campiness and over-the-top stuff. Like when you get your hand cut off by your estranged lover only to find yourself attacked by a goofy hillbilly who welcomes you to the family, as if you're just another crazy person along for the ride- as if he's letting you in on a joke. Awesome.

I meant specifically Marguerite's motions at this point in the game but I do agree with what you said
youtube.com/watch?v=Ins7QwvAp28

What's that weird ball sack on her body? Grosses me out.

Swamp level

Barely functional stealth that was obviously designed by people who can't design stealth and shouldn't have tried?

supernatural bosses

life is strange

They're all 3d.
Otherwise literally nothing.

I think the common thread is the pacing. You start off weak and by the end you become strong. Also, upgrades upon completion to make replays more entertaining. I've replayed these games multiple times and still enjoy them.

RE4 is another like it. Most games, like Evil Within, for example just don't give me the feeling that I'm playing a quality game like MGS (minus 2) or Dark Souls. There's something special about how they're put together that most games don't have, like Gears of War or Yakuza Zero as examples.

I judge a good game depending on how much I want to replay it, and I want to replay RE4, MGS3, Dark Souls, Nioh, etc. at almost any time.

Made with heavy western influence without actual interference by western developers.

But anyway, it looks like I'll be getting RE2 remake today. It probably won't have the cheesy campiness of RE7 that I loved so much, but meh. Hopedully it still has good level design that turns in on itself. I'll get RE Origins Collection soon as well.

RE7 is just an absolute classic that I don't think anything I play in the series will top it.

They're all overrated.

>You start off weak and by the end you become strong
Gee fucking whizz kid wait until you learn what RPGs are.

Name a good game. I get turned off by most RPGs because they're such a time investment, but Dark Souls did it right by focusing more on skillful action.

I know RPGs bud, but they take too mu h time to flesh out the story. They're repetitive grinds. Name a good RPG