Are they the undisputed kings of aesthetics? No other devs even come close

Are they the undisputed kings of aesthetics? No other devs even come close.

Attached: FD329602-3821-4B7B-8CB5-FDE57E2D52CE.png (739x415, 8K)

All style and no substance? Yeah, that’s a pretty accurate description

What is substance to you then?

They're pretty great when it comes to creating their own self contained universes. Not a single game out there can match the mystery and intrigue of the Souls games and Bloodborne, in terms of world building, lore, and aesthetics.

Attached: Lord Amygdala.jpg (1024x773, 175K)

no

Attached: 695332484.jpg (640x480, 86K)

Go on user. Tell us a real game with both substance and style.

Let rephrase, “3D aesthetics”. There is tons of great 2D art direction out there.

Attached: infi.jpg (480x360, 41K)

...it's like their games have a proper mythology and history. One thing that strikes me with the soulsborne games is how its implicit story telling really mirrors the way history actually works, i.e. not in the teleological, linear format history was taught to me throughout my life in academia.
And this ran parallel with how I was studying a module of history in uni, at the time.

Attached: choir_girl..png (1000x1444, 534K)

I would say that has more to do with the somber crpytic delivery from NPCs and the atmosphere of the worlds combined with how everything is underplayed. It gives your imagination some elbow room. It would be nice if they did this with their own unique setting now instead of just standard tropes.

they're really good at the 'fantasy-light' aesthetic

rockstar is better at doing realistic settings

It's just castlevania in 3d. From was just tired of seeing Konami trying and shitting the bed every time they tried to transpose Castlevania to 3d.

still no

Attached: alien-isolation_181014_full.jpg (3620x2036, 517K)

?
It's really not. Castlevania never at all comes off as somber or underplayed and it's often played for laughs. Also, Castlevania just riffs on Universal Horror for the first few games until eventually became its own thing with Rondo, which was hilariously weeb and not like Souls at all.

>Essentially the same naturalistic fantasy style in all of their modern games.
>Samey UI, down to the font
I'd sooner elect Devolver, if publishers are allowed. Or Japan Studio.

>diesel punk odium with flat lighting
"No"

FROM has very talented artists who pull off great presentation but their ideas themselves are usually lifted from their past games or other sources. Miyazaki clearly likes to use the same imagery over and over again.

Attached: 5875.gif (423x306, 455K)

Attached: image.jpg (754x424, 44K)

Attached: SYSTEM_SHOCK_2-1024x576.png (1024x576, 491K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

>it's often played for laughs
Never seen anyone with this opinion before. SotN is hailed as one of the best games on the PS1, back then From already had King's Field. Guess which one did people prefer?

I don't get what point you're even trying to make. Are you just autistic?

Attached: 3052770-9833381973-free-.jpg (722x451, 226K)

4 years old.
Happy (late) birthday Bloodborne.

Attached: Iosefka's Clinic.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

OP said "no dev even comes close," so I'm posting games that are far more aesthetically pleasing than anything From has made. What is the problem?

You've literally not played anything other than maybe Dark Souls. Have you ever touched any Armored Core game? You're just hosting a pointless image dump with shitty opinions behind them. Kill yourself.

Armored Core's draw is not its aesthetics dude

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

>Have you ever touched any Armored Core game?
yes

And that proves what exactly?

Right now yes. Back in the days it would say Blizzard before they got full SJW and PC mode.

Attached: 1525333539478.png (894x1044, 1.33M)

Attached: 236scr-679-4-mdk.jpg (600x360, 68K)

>not in the final game.
I love Bioshock Infinite, but if you want to compare it with those games at least choose something FROM THE FUCKING GAME

Attached: cd98958a-151c-4830-ac2b-d8d7d46bcc66.jpg (639x443, 59K)

Attached: 4.jpg (640x480, 59K)

If you want to suck the dick of someone please suck on miuras dick. Without berserk there would be nothing.

Attached: FEAR.jpg (468x355, 19K)

I think nip aesthetic is generally garbage, Sekiro and Samurai Champloo are the only times I've liked it outside classic Jap cinema

Actually, the main inspiration was from Fighting Fantasy art as per the devs. Even Bloodborne, some of the armor matches the design of the gunners in the Fighting Fantasy universe perfectly. So you have the guys who went on to make Warhammer to thank, oddly enough.

Attached: Zagoula003.jpg (1167x429, 131K)

Were we not talking about aesthetics in games or are you just waving your dick around like you're the only one that's played From games that aren't Souls

Yep, Sekiro has been the ONLY instance in years where I forgave the nippon setting and actually liked the aesthetics.

Attached: sekiro stronk.jpg (2039x1378, 168K)

holy fug

Attached: 220px-Dawn_of_war_ii_retribution_0boxart_160w.jpg (220x310, 26K)

Only good game dev left in the industry