youtube.com/watch?v=CzyIde-inaM
youtube.com/watch?v=uzxkZHbOL4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Being impartial, I would say 7/10
But I love it, best game I played in years

>fun
>good graphics
>satisfying gameplay
>somewhat repetitive (except for the bosses)
>addictive! Gets more and more fun over time
Just accept that it's a souls game already

It isnt

It's okay, 7/10.

the absolute goat

so what exactly is that white mark? ash?

I think it's my favorite from game

From software hasn't done better than this. If their company died tomorrow this would be their Ocarina of Time

Fun game once you become a pro at parrying

dragon jizz

I cleared everything up to the grandma and just lost interest. I can't really articulate why, but the game just didn't really grab me like previous FROM action games did.

8/10, great base game but not enough content and build variety

Hopefully there’s dlc

Rot from the stagnating dragon blood.

>Really fun
>Nice scenery
>Combat system encourages aggresive play
>Parry system is too easy to master
>Too short

Best game I have played in recent memory.

how do I beat the fucking demon

>build
Jump off a bridge

perfect 7/10

dabs on souls games. easily the best title in the soulsverse

Okay TenchuSouls. 7/10.

Too lacking in all areas but gameplay coupled with very little replayability, feels kinda inferior to all Soulsborne games and has nowhere near the lasting impact or memorable atmosphere and music.

Attached: dog-in-tux.jpg (550x649, 29K)

Shit

Exceeded my expectations.

6/10
Weird difficulty curve, exploration rarely gives a worthwhile reward, lack of enemy variety, setting wears itself out soon (for the “it gets better in 20 hours” crowd, I’m currently at Great Owl Shinobi), it’s just not really fun.

Its boring.
If you played any of these fucking souls games its pretty much a souls game, people can try and scream "MUH TENCHU" all they want, but no, it plays exactly like Dark Souls, its a rushed hacky game with the same stupid fucking mechanics, the only thing thats different is nobody can join you to help.

You can beat the game, once you figure it out, its pretty much a game, but if you played all these other games like Souls and Bloodborne, you pretty much feel bored cause its the same game again.

2 out of 10, it will be forgotten in less then a month because there is no online to fuck around with people to expand its life.

7/10
The combat is fun and really difficult but there is no point in it because of how easy it is to cheese every single encounter. The stealth is laughably bad. Checkpoints fucking everywhere and there is no interesting spiderweb world design like DS1. A lot of smaller design decisions that are rather odd like limiting spirit emblems when they are tied to both combat arts and prosthetics which only encourages grinding.

30 mins in
3/10, too hard, yet boring combat. not even worth a pirate.

lame artstyle.

10/10 because it makes cancerous soulsfags mad

Only fun when I used cheat engine to get infinite emblems otherwise it seems like standard "here's the neat thing but it's very limited because we can't be arsed to balanced it"

Also looking forward to mods to fix the optimization as per usual on PC

I have 400 of them and regurarly spam shurikens, axes, poison blades and fireworks. The spirit emblem upgrade skill is a little silly though. Spend points in it and it goes from 15 to 16.

Well that about settles it.
7/10 it is.

Which means
DS>BB>>>>DS3>>DeS>>>>DS2>>>Sekiro

Attached: cutie.jpg (600x600, 33K)

You can tell it was made with the pure idea of being hard rather than interesting. There's this world to explore with nothing in it. You just find identical consumables and as such finding a secret area is largely pointless since there's no reward. Quests suffer from this issue...why should I give a fuck about helping NPC #4 when all I stand to gain is a consumable item that I already have 50 of?

Grapple mechanics are picky. The game clearly has predetermined ways of dealing with every encounter so no innovation is allowed. With specific grapple points on buildings you can never approach a scenario creatively. This is clear during the initial sprint to Kuros room in early game, the castle has set grapple points to ensure you fight through the designated enemies, these grapple points then change in late game, to again ensure that you fight through the designated enemies.

Combat was no variation. I hope you enjoy the deflect killing blow, because that's all you're going to be seeing all game. They substituted rolling for parrying and removed stamina, yes the game plays faster but not better. A huge lack of area and enemy variety also hurts combat as nothing is surprising or interesting to fight. Yes there are some pretty nice bosses (Ape and Demon) but you quickly realise that they have hard counters and are best fought the Dark Souls way.

I’m straight-up not having fun. Haven’t gotten very far but every encounter feels like I need to cheese it. I just beat the bull and so far, the only fun I’ve had was the cowboy boss. Combat is not fun at all. I did one attempt on... Genichiro? Had some errands to run so I didn’t do my best but he felt like every other samurai. Ogre had gay as fuck tracking, drunkard was a joke, bull was a 20 minute fight of poking and all the mini bosses have been mikiri spam.

I dunno, the game just feels like it doesn’t know what it wants to be, like the bosses are all afterthoughts and that it started as a tenchu game but became a weird hybrid in the end.

Attached: sekiro 2019.03.26 - 17.30.51.07-.webm (640x360, 2.62M)

you dont get to see emma's feet so its a 0/10

Holy mother of based
Agree 100%

Too hard for its own good, punishes you with wave after wave of tedious minibosses that offer neither satisfaction nor worthwhile reward in return.

I already have a job I don't need another one. It's the IIDX of action games

Attached: sekiro 2019.03.26 - 18.16.14.09-.webm (640x360, 2.65M)

Play the game

Attached: sekiro 2019.03.26 - 17.59.39.08-.webm (640x360, 2.12M)

The game begins after you beat Genichiro

8/10, puppeteer jutsu is great

parrying is dumb and gay, quit at first mini boss

Good game with some heavy flaws that will be swept under the ever encompassing rug of le git gud

isshi and his 4 phase plus the beast of hatred are really pissing me off. they feel unfair

genichiro is literally the best this game has to offer
if you don't like it even a bit then you'll probably quit the game before finishing it, or you'll quit at the final boss which will probably take you hours to beat

>all these crying Soulsshitters itt
Yikes

This is pretty accurate. There's also no reason to play NG+ unless you're a total masochist.

>Reddit Rolls 3 before Dark Goty 2
shit taste

Attached: 1541926499138.jpg (414x372, 33K)

git gud

what's unfair about isshino?

I really fucking hate the defensive parry play style. Sure you need to attack every once in awhile but you can't say this is really an aggressive game. You get 1-2 chip hits in for every 10 parries that you do. You're also encouraged to sit still until and unblockable...

>can't even defeat Ogre
>reposts his shit from harkach
lmao

Touched the hand so it's a legit grab.

All of those grabs connected. You're just playing the game wrong, you evaded too early and inside his hitbox. youtube.com/watch?v=Ih-ygi8YDRo

im about 2/3 through, id say 9/10 so far, im a huge fan of dark souls and been playing since demon, but this is honestly even better in most areas, esp. all that has to do with worldbuilding, just sad that there is no online or extensive rpg system so pretty soon everyone will go back to ds3.
i want them to make more games with slightly experimental combat like that.

the tracking is bullshit but you need to jump or dodge early

>casual garbage with broken hitboxes
>git gud

It's good but in most ways (mainly exploration, npcs, gameplay freedom, story, progression) it feels like a step down from Souls games (with the exception of DS3 which was actually garbage).

Emblems should have just been an MP bar you can replenish in battle with a gourd. It's one thing to make your skill fuel so limited (I think the max you can hold is 20?), but its another to make it so that you have to basically farm the skill fuel. This isn't much of a problem on NG but on NG+ emblems seem to be a lot rarer.

it is an aggressive game, if you play passive and just wait for deflects every boss will be a fucking chore

Being biased as fuck because I love God Miyazaki's works to death, solid 9/10.

Putting it DkS1 = BB > Sekiro > DkS3 > DeS > [power gap] > DkS2 > DkS2:SotFS

Solid 8/10.
Fantastic gameplay, varied and absolutely beautiful areas, interesting world, good sense of progression, and some of the best bosses FROMSOFTWARE has put out to date.
Stealth is underdeveloped, music is serviceable, and the characterization is a bit too weak.
But I would be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying the hell out of it. If the sequel fixes some of the problems outlined above, and adds a tiny bit of customization (gear which can be found in the game world), I'd give it a 9/10.
FROM games are just really charming and creative in a way which other studios can't compete with.

Attached: smough.jpg (1280x1024, 277K)

Best played on a PC for perfect camera movement during combat and grappling. Also smoother and better framerate which is important for these types of games.

Really beautiful game all around. A culmination of everything FromSoft has learned with their previous games with the most polish and focus out of any of them. It’s clearly a passion project for them and a celebration of their own culture. It’s beautiful to play.

>rollspammer STILL mad about getting shit on by people who can time attacks to land after iframes

I didn't know people who prefer ds2 to ds3 axtually exist

Bootleg Nioh

This is an incredibly based post and I agree wholeheartedly.

the bosses are the absolute worst part, so incredibly forgettable
the horse guy, genichiro and isshin (if only because he's so fucking brutally hard) are the only memorable ones
and I guess lady butterfly for being a noob stomper

Game is bad.

Attached: IMG_0419.jpg (640x426, 57K)

Anybody with a brain does. Dark Souls 3 is the worst Souls game.

Great game t b h.
Exceptionally difficult in the beginning, but gets surprisingly easy once you acquired a few health upgrades and more estus. You can chug them just like in DS at midgame + the constant healing from deathblows makes the game really easy outside of bossfights.
I didnt give a single shit about the story and skipped most of if my mashing X.

I see myself playing it a second time, but since there is no customization otherwise I dont think it has the staying power as the souls games had

Attached: 1549825329191.png (768x768, 419K)

it has their most polished combat but I don't like the japanese setting too much. The prosthetic weapons are there just to abuse a certain weakness, otherwise they are almost useless. Double Ichimonjo is the only combat art worth using. Guardian Ape is the best boss and Armored Warrior is the best miniboss in the game.

7/10

DS3 lives in DS2fags heads rent free. Criticize their game and their first argument will be "but dark souls 3!"

>Yea Forums finally past the honeymoon period and seeing Sekiro for the lackluster 7/10 it actually is

What happened?

Attached: 03-02.jpg (1280x720, 263K)

Fuckin’ fantastic. 9/10. I think the Dragonrot mechanic is dumb, since it makes you feel bad for repeated tries, which is basically a requirement to learn how to beat bosses. Other than that, unforgettable experience.

you didn't know contrarians existed?

I get that From likes to be cheeky with their item placement "haha you thought because this was surrounded by 4 dudes it was worth it but its a pebble, fuck you retard", but its 90% of items in this game. you see a glow across a chasm and figure it out 10 min later, and then its a fucking uno's sugar or spirit baloon or some shit.

There´s a lot of contrarians who put DS2 over every soulsborne title here

>it’s pretty much a game
Yeah no shit

>still being upset it’s the best game by From
What happened?

But thats not Shadow Strike

You can just buy them at idols. But yeah, they shouldn't have made them Blood Vials 2.0

it's ok, level/boss design is great but it should have way more content for an offline $70 game.

That's not saying much. From is pretty shit

You can buy them at any shrine or bonfire or whatever the fuck the checkpoint is

The problem is that as per usual, From have no idea how to balance things for single player. Magic was completely fucked over in BB and DS3 - DS1 it was OP. DS2 it was just B team so it doesnt' count.
BB nerfed it to the point of useless without certian runes. DS3 nerfed most weapons outside of "muh r1 spam".

All in all, Sekiro continued the idea which is a problem because outside of mini-bosses and bosses, there's not really a need to use skills or the arm moves at all

If it's the best game how come so many different people give it a 7/10 after lengthy and properly presented criticism?

If you come in contact with them during the animation, it counts as a hit.
It's fucking retarded but that's the way grabs are in every Darkiroborne gaem, adapt to it instead of doing the same thing over and over so you can cry about how unfair it is.
>wow wtf it counts as a grab if you clip their hand!!!
>continue to hang out where you'll get clipped by hand
>wow wtf!!!

6/10
Repetitive gameplay, boring endgame, zero replayability.

I don't know man, I like all of them. Almost everything about the designs in this game screams creativity.
Gyobu, Lady Butterfly, Genichiro, Ape, Folding Screen Monkeys, Divine Dragon, Isshin, are just a great bunch of fantastic, expressive, and fun boss fights.
Minibosses like Drunkard, Headless, Armored Warrior, and O'rin are just really good as well.
sorry man I'm just having lots of fun

Also, don't play this game like dark souls. Just like monster hunter you dodge to get out of the attack, not to get through their attack via i-frames.

You have people who just have a hard on because "hard game", like their entire self-esteem or ego is based around liking or playing hard games and they defend this shit vehemently.

Once they fuck off/calm down in the long term sekiro really isn't on the same level as souls games.

4.5/10

for being mediocre garbage

I've unlocked all endings now and i did it in 35hrs

>fellow platbro
Nice, also I agree

thinking about it more my biggest complaints about the game are probably that all the items you collect throughout the game are literally worthless outside of Estus I forgot the actual name and all arm weapons except for Fireworks are useless as well

cope

Axe, Umbrella, Shuriken, and Spear all have their uses.

Based and Redpilled.

Better than every Souls game. BB is still a little better though but Souls shit doesn't even come close.

Name a game you like.

This game mqde me instead want to go back to Dark Souls.

Last time I played it was on my old PS3.
I'm thinking of buying Dark Souls remastered on the PC. Any thoughts? Is it alive? Will I instantly meet hackers who corrupt my saves?

Attached: 1ewcwz.jpg (900x900, 95K)

Really impressed so far. Having fun. Really great bosses and most of the minibosses are excellent too. Grappling is much better than I imagined, and once the combat really clicked I’m having an absurd amount of fun with it.
Movement mechanics are a bit awkward sometimes, the OST is unremarkable, and I don’t feel rewarded by exploration 90% of the time really FROM, I don’t need more Ceramic Shards
I’d say 9/10 so far. I was cynical from the trailers, but it's got the essence of the Dark Souls/Bloodborne design philosophy that I love, so I'm enjoying it.
Also much longer than people were saying; I'm at about 20 hours and I think just past halfway; though I'm taking my time to do everything I can.

Attached: 1553183044273.jpg (1920x3106, 3.16M)

Combat is fun but not enough to hold up an entire game, at least with all that bullshit inbetween the bosses. Stealth is just a means to skip the stuff that's not as interesting as min-bosses and bosses.

If they had st ructured it like Furi it would have been a solid 8-9/10

It's a decent game, albeit heavily flawed.

The stealth sucks, only one weapon sucks and prosthetics don't do enough to offset it, there's too many idols which coupled with stealth being so broken makes everything but the bosses a cakewalk.
The worst part though, is how unrewarding exploring is. You have this beautifully crafted world with all these hidden paths and branches and all you get for exploring them is scrap, gunpowder and candy. Sometimes a headless but there's only 5 of those in the world.

thats not how it works though, evasion needs to be done at specific timing windows, too early and the boss will "snap" to your position and hit you, too late and you take the hit.

You can't just look at a boss and make a personal judgement "ill dodge now", the game has predetermined windows that you have to learn through trial and error.

Lots of people show the ogre yet thats not the worst offender of this shit.

>console
Is it safe to say your opinion on it matters more because you are playing with a handicap(framerate), thereby making it a more difficult endeavor?

Not that far in, but i'm having fun. Plays smooth on pc and loving thr grapling + stealth.

If anyone could help me out for a second. The samurai mini bosses at the start with a big katana do an sideways attack that cannot be blocked. Could I use mikiri's counter for that or do I just have to jump/dodge them?

Because fanboys like you who seethe

GOAT.
People who hate it are poise stacking, tower shield wearing, strength abusing, phantom summoning little bitches.

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

Good opinion.
Also, it really does and doesn't feel like a Soulsborne game at the same time. It's really fucking weird.
There's so much in Sekiro that's different from FROM's other games which makes it stand out from their Soulsborne titles, but at the same time, it still really feels like a FROMSOFTWARE game. They have a certain charm which can't be replicated elsewhere.

>evasion needs to be done at specific timing windows
That's the problem, you shouldn't evade to dodge the attack when the attack is already coming, you should evade to reposition first. Obviously it depends on the situation, the game still has i-frames but imho you shouldn't rely on them.

Mikiri works for every thrust attack, but you have to jump or run backwards if it's a sweep.
If you're still unsure, try it out in-game.

Side sweeps need to be jumped over or dodged. The mikiri counter works only for jabs. The trick is to stealth deathblow at the start to get them to the second phase early

You need to jump sweep attacks.

If they're high on health, slash when you jump.
If they're low on health, press jump again to do posture damage.

It's a good game overall, shame it doesn't have stats and different weapons and armor it definitely would have added to the replayability which is pretty much non-existent but I like that they wanted to try something different with this game and it works for the most part

Disconnect between the levels and bosses is jarring. Levels are 10/10 playgrounds with a million options. Bosses range from 10/10 to 3/10 depending on how much Simon Says bullshit there is, and the size of the arena. Well ninja is harder than most of the actual bosses because you fight him in a broom closet and one wrong move means death by camera.
A few disappointing steps back from Souls (having to hold a button to pick up money, unskippable tutorial pop-ups many hours into the game which aren't disabled on your 2nd playthrough, having to button mash to get through conversations instead of just moving away).
PC port is surprisingly great and runs at mostly 60fps even on my 2013 rig.
Overall it's a great game but another frustrating sidestep for Fromsoft. If they ever actually learned from their mistakes they'd make a timeless masterpiece but they bundle every improvement with a dozen minor fuckups.

>The samurai mini bosses at the start with a big katana do an sideways attack that cannot be blocked. Could I use mikiri's counter for that or do I just have to jump/dodge them?
Mikiri is only for thrusts. Against sweeps you have to jump or dodge. Or sometimes parry, but definitely not block. Whether or not parrying works is a mystery you can only solve through trial and error.

yes

Really fucking good but bosses could stand to be a little more approachable

Ninja gaiden black.

the red chink symbol means it's either a grab, a thrust or a sweep, you can only mikiri thrusts and have to look at the animations to figure out what they're doing
sweeps and grabs can't be deflect or blocked either, while thrusts can only be deflected

You should jump over that and then jump again to kick him in the face to break his posture and stagger him.

y'all need to start taking advantage of your mobility. sprinting around enemies and choosing your moment to go in is incredibly effective in this game.

>love sekiro
>player like a coward in Souls
your worldview now?

Yeesh

My advice for playing aggressively is to always keep your eye on the enemy weapon rather than the enemy, 9 times out of ten this should give you an idea of when to attack vs parry.

>expected Japan
>got a bit in the beginning
>but everything else is Buddhist temples, Chinese mythology and literal Shaolin kung-fu monks

Thank you, I will try my best tonight.

Looks like japjank weebshit

Done all 4 endings now. Game is good but there really isn't much content when you get the bosses down, and the majority of fights play pretty similar. Also no areas really stood out to me for the way they played.

Overally I really enjoyed it, but people need to stop comparing it to Soulsborne stuff, it should be viewed more as a character action game. Solid 8/10.

BB is still far and away From's best work

There’s plenty of Japanese motifs. For example ghosts and spirits are shintoist, not Chinese. And Buddha is revered in Japan as well. The architecture is also fitting to the Japanese style. Maybe you just don’t have a good eye at seeing differences in cultures you don’t know about.

castle+castle outskirts are the kino and the peak of from software. then the game goes down the shitter really fucking hard. at least final boss is cool.
it's okay 7/10 literally

Sweeps cannot be deflected. You jump then jump on his head for that sweet posture damge. Thrust strikes can be stepped on without problem for more posture damage than just deflecting them.

Sengoku Japan is such a shit setting
When will they learn?

Hurr cherryblossoms hurr wooden castle hurr oni hurr katana hurr samurai and noodle dragon

Anybody with a Brian does

based

75% of japanese today practice some form of buddhism, even if only 30% practice it religiously. Japan's cultural heritage is all shinto nature spirit shit.

Attached: postdoc.jpg (697x230, 70K)

DS>DS3>SEKIRO>BB>DES>DS2

*isn't
please excuse my retardation

7/10 is fair. Having an ability to lower the difficulty by gearing or leveling, better graphics and less boring bosses and story would make it 9/10

Who the hell was the "Roberrrrrrrt!!!!" guy?

hard as fuck and not that rewarding i dont think it deserves a 9 and 8 is the correct score for this game visually is the best from game i love all the gorgeous vistas from the areas like sennou temple sunken valley the mibu village etc , but this game is hard to the point of extreme frustation if it were for me i will rest 2 points only by that fact so the game is and 8 for me

a guy who sailed to japan to find the rejuvenating waters to heal his son, ROBERTOOOO is the kid

>story set in Feudal Japan
>certain level of quality guaranteed

It's pretty a theory, right?

Attached: large father.jpg (1280x720, 258K)

console trash thinking his opinion matters lol

blessed post

Attached: 1551267838303.png (272x273, 293K)

I honestly can not believe how easy the game actually is once you git gud.
I had such huge trouble in the beginning with the mini bosses. Towards the end its just parry parry parry thrust parry, chunk chunk chunk and everything is dead. So satisfying

Worst soulsborne by far.

The firecrackers are really useful and worth using emblems for in a pinch, like say having 5 of those late-game enemies on you

Haven't played any souls game, and my greed in getting that 1 slash even though i know i should parry is really getting played up the wazoo.

i think its ok, im glad i didn't pay 60 bucks tho

Well, I stand corrected.

Agree on everything except leveling

9/10 would die again

It's not a Souls game, but there's no way From could have gotten here without everything they learned from making those games.

Music is great, Atmosphere is great, Looks gorgeous, but could use some tweaks in the gamplay.
6/10, but could easily have been a 10/10.

also, how come faggots complained about "too many human bosses in DS2", yet no one is complaining about that shit here?

>music is great
there's music?

I like the gameplay but the atmosphere is a little bland. I'm hoping they take aspects of the gameplay for bb2

people will defend this for about a month or so because they are into their new little fromsoft game, and/or because the relentlessly suck fromsofts dick.

its no big deal, most japanese media nowadays would have you believe all of ancient japan's history is just shinto shrines and samurai and shit anyways so i cant blame you

i don't know how fromdrones defend this stupid shit in every game
demon of hatred has something even more retarded than this but i won't spoil it for people who still need figure out that fight for themselves

Wanted to like it but just couldn't.

>best game by From
it's not Bloodborne, so no.

>people actually have trouble with O'Rin

imagine whining about a miniboss

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.25 - 00.32.54.70.jpg (2560x1440, 903K)

the battle and boss music, yes.

>6/10
he thinks this makes him special

Its a 6/10 game getting that 9-10/10 treatment from being afraid to be objective and just admit its a mediocre but playable game. Im glad they finally added so necessary mechanic skill but the game is to tied to it outside of big bosses and it feels like a mini game overfocus most of the time.

awful garbage that's shilled here for no good reason

It's one of the most frustrating games I've ever played, but the stealth and combat, when you figure out an enemy and get a successful match, were very enjoyable.
It has a ton of flaws, more than any of the other Soulsborne games IMO, but it also has some incredible highs.
t. just beat the final boss and is now watching the credits.

Because the entire combat system is geared around steel vs steel. Even Ape gets a sword

Used to be ehhh about it, then got hyped in the run up to the release and absolutely LOVE the gameplay and the atmosphere. Fast visceral combat but still opportunities to use your head and think tactically.

Attached: 1552211280236.jpg (1319x2048, 341K)

Attached: xdiqdm269go21.jpg (1418x9346, 1.2M)

Dragonrot isn't a big deal, you just cure it at the points in the game when you need to.

Too many reused minibosses and gameplay needs massive rebalancing. Tools are useless most of the time and somehow actually become worse as you upgrade them, combat arts not named Ichimonji or High Monk are basically worse than R1s, and the entire spirit emblem system is fucked and the maximum cap needs to be way higher than 20, at least in NG+.

The latter can be fixed with patches, but probably won't

Nice game, more dinamic than Soul series, maybe that why people complain about the difficulty, but I just passed it and I don´t feel the same urge to replay it, like DS.

Guess it’s just more annoying to keep being reminded. But thanks for the info, I’ll try to ignore it then.

Anyone who says it's anything less than a 7.5 is being intentionally pessimistic because it's a popular game that Yea Forums won't shut the fuck up about

Attached: 20190325154337_1.jpg (1920x1080, 186K)

Defend this

Attached: 1553543987706.webm (960x540, 2.83M)

Shouldn't have hesitated bro.

Honestly can't. Some hitboxes, especially the grabs need fixing

I love it. Took my favorite aspect of their other games (close combat) and made a whole game around that.
I'm enjoying it more than dmc 5. That game while great in some aspects, didn't really get to me. This is easily a better action game to me

I think it's pretty good, but I still don't know how to deal with some of the bosses. The combat just hasn't "clicked" for me, yet.
Also, because I installed the game on an SSD I don't have time to read some of the loading screen tips and one of them mentions how to deal with enemies with fast recovering posture.
I still don't know what to do, am I to aim getting their health down and then attack their posture? Some enemies have a lot of health and if that were the case, then I may as well just keep attacking them to kill them rather than hurting them enough to risk deflecting attacks.
I have a lot of patience, but it's saddening to see that I've worked up a large posture gauge on the boss and then they do something "safe" that pushes me back and by the time I've gotten back to them half of my work has been reversed because I've not been hurting their health. This isn't a complaint, I just can't think of doing anything else other than setting them on fire.

Hesitation is defeat my dude

it's not even a hitbox issue it's a move that uses wind to empower it for a gigantic slice, it's your dumbass fault for just sitting there looking at him like he's some princess

you're fucking retarded bro

The guy in the shrine has a tutorial for enemies with high posture recovery

It literally misses though lmao

But that's kinda my point. I personally recall Guardian Ape the most fondest, and after that I really enjoyed the Headless fights. Gyoubu was also very enjoyable. The rest just felt a little lacking.

>I really enjoyed the Headless fights
you have some weird tastes

Can you change your costume at all in this game? Any customization to it at all? I'm definitely getting it, I'm just curious.

You literally hesitated.

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.25 - 06.41.01.26.jpg (2560x1440, 363K)

>enjoyed ape AND headless
i agree with you have weird taste

Attached: 1553584333765.jpg (750x393, 102K)

bro imagine thinking dark souls is harder than sekiro lmao

Attached: 1461960863675.webm (640x360, 2.79M)

OH NO NO NO NO NO
[Spoiler]fromsoft bootlickers disgust me[/spoiler]

there are some mods otherwise no

I mean, I can't deny that I have, so my opinion might be skewered. I like the more monstrous enemies and bosses in games like this, and considering how many crazy japanese monsters and spooks there are, I was hoping for more of it than what we got.

Typical modern game "quality".

Shockwaves. Yeah, this one's totally fucked.

You mean "dodge and attack"? If that's the case, I've done that. That's stupid to put into practice on that Monk dude. Half of his moves are sweeps and horizontal swings which means you've got to deflect or run away and watch your posture damage disappear.

It's pretty great. People need to quit comparing it so closely to Souls though, not every game by From is going to be in the Souls genre and really even BB should have deviated away from Souls more.

i'm not a fromsoft bootlicker though, i the only game of theirs i like is bloodborne

fuck off you contrarian shite. Sekiro is joint first with bloodborne in terms of fun. I don't think I could ever go back to a dark souls game now. Even the puzzle boss of Sekiro was more fun than anything DS3 shat out

So what do you actually do against the Purple Orb mini bosses throughout the game?
I killed two or three so far by just running around like a mongo and just getting hit here and there.
I can not defeat the one in the Fountainhead Palace because there is no room for my strategy™

highlight+ctrl+s to spoiler
nice digits

>sweeps
>horizontal
jump or grapple away then

Sekiro is just as Cheesable as any Souls game, don't delude yourself into thinking otherwise.

Attached: 1551156280027.webm (480x270, 2.45M)

>puzzle boss
the paper monkeys is unironically one of the best bosses in the game because you can't just slam your head against a wall to beat it like every other boss

>ugh dont hate my favourite game

Oh, so youre just an actual retard then. Got it.

Early posture damage on those kinds of enemies is irrelevant unless you can parry 100% of his attacks in fast succession. Enemies with high posture recovery will have their posture bar turn red once you reduced their health enough so their posture recovery is slowed down.

use confetti and mash r1 to knock them out of everything they try
only annoying one is fountainhead because it's a corridor and the beam goes through walls :^)

I have completed sekiro, working on platinum and I have platinumed all the other souls games

Dark Souls = Bloodborne > Demon's Souls = Sekiro > Dark Souls III > Dark Souls II

are you using the divine confetti?

Wait, when I got here there were just a guntana and another dude with a sword. The hell is this

9/10, it went up a score with the kino Dragon and Saint fights, coupled with the godlike Journey to the West sequel bait.

Made another pic.

I'm stopped playing at Guardian Ape last night, the hitboxes are exquisite, a couple times I got right around his armpit while he was laying on the floor doing his tantrum with both arms and legs, but didn't get hit once.

Attached: pachape.png (557x605, 151K)

Oh well, guess Ill try to throw some confetti. Beaten the other ones without but there is just no space there to dodge

nice cherry picked example. keep in mind that webm will be the only one of its kind.

So now that the dust has settled can we agree that this is the Dark Souls of vidya?

Ape escape is the most beautifully animated bossfight from has ever done.

Was playing on my days off user, pretty much going into Ashina castle and stuffed my dick up Raging Bulls ass.

It's a 8.9/10 from me.
I still think BB is better.
Also, Guardian Ape is kino.

Attached: sekiro stronk.jpg (2039x1378, 168K)

Thats actually funny.

9.5. OST was pretty fucking weak in a lot of the fights. Why the fuck did they pull a stupid Bloodborne themed OST during the last boss for the true end?

I like it, but it gets pretty stale on NG+. No build variation, but it's not really a negative because it's not an RPG like some of their other games. I don't hate it, but I don't think it's anything exceptional. I had fun with it, I'm hoping for Armored Core or Chromehounds or something like that soon. I'm still hoping they make up for ACE:R too.

Attached: 1521761685443.gif (320x240, 2.89M)

Sekiro was supposed to be a Tenchu game at first you fucking brainlet

>he keeps posting the one of like two bosses you can do this to
ok, dunno why you seem to be upset at the game rewarding you using the tools around you anyways like they're intended

Soul / Soulless

They patched this out, no? Couldn't happen for me.

Attached: 1433547283404.png (1200x788, 576K)

WAIT

I went early and got the white pinwheel "flower" and gave it to the big dumb fuck. Did I fuck it up or can that flower do something else?

No.

I don't want it to be over bros. ;_;

Attached: divine dragon.jpg (1905x1074, 424K)

I couldn't for the life of me skip the second phase. It felt easier than 1st and 3rd anyway, so no big deal.

>the hitboxes are exquisite
Except for the fact that when he does his jumping grap, there's a massive invisible wall beneath him, so you can't dodge under him despite the huge gap.
I'm still mad about that, over a dozen hours later.

>game rewarding you using the tools around you anyways like they're intended
SO like cheesing with any souls game?

no you're fine

now just use the fan to "spirit him away"

you'll meet him later

For the most part I appreciate that, unlike nioh, from has mostly avoided bullshit 2 strong enemy tag team situations and you can usually backstab one before the fight starts (spear + sword general and ashina elite + purple ninja) or the other enemy has really low hp (donkey and diddy kong)

Nothing to grapple in this fight, or them. But thansk anyway.

I'll just have to bear that in mind. I am just not doing much in the way of anything to the boss.

"We Made a 6th One of These Fucking Games" is not an attractive selling point.
I've had my fill.

Only way I can defend it is that you're not really supposed to dodge twice in a row in this game if you mess up the timing on the first one. You dodge and go into a sprint and that covers a lot more distance. Still, that hitbox is bullshit.

Except it plays nothing like Soulsborne

yet people will complain about these fights because they just run in and think they can slam their head against the ground and win if they do it enough times

>spear + sword general
You can get a backstab in on one of them if you use the whistle. That's how I was able to beat it.

it's badass

Don't even bother, retards will look at it superficially and still think it's soulsborne.

Attached: 1454019083077.jpg (2715x2385, 421K)

Hard but very rewarding and satisfying once things click. Coming from a fuckton of soulsborne, the timing took me a bit to get used to, it felt like the deflections had to happen really last minute compared to the more generous windows in earlier games. I don't think I'll be replaying it a fuckton because the setting and lack of builds and weapons aren't my favorite, but it's still a great game.

It plays exactly like your typical souls game. Only without rpg elements.

when are they going to roll out a patch to fix the dodge?

The other strategy is to use the stealth sugar/ability.

it plays nothing like souls, either you haven't played it or you haven't played souls

Nah

All footage suggests it's just a more agile Souls game, the enemies and movement look strikingly similar.
Is there a demo so I can actually see what's different?

This reminds me of when people said Nioh was a Souls clone.

Forces you to actually learn the game mechanics.

You guys are dumb. It's totally Souls but you're a ninja.

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.25 - 00.45.18.80.jpg (2560x1440, 885K)

Nioh is also a total Souls rip-off.

What's wrong with it?

>no online
>no choice of weapons don't even care about armor, but to have multiple ways to fight is important
>pretty small game overal
While it's not that bad, these factors reduce replayability to zero. Which is especially sad considering how much effort you have to invest in learning game combat system for a single walkthrough.

Attached: lol.png (910x738, 125K)

oh I'm sorry, you're just retarded

this.
it has plenty of problems, but all of these 6s are coming from antishills who haven't played it. In no universe is Sekiro a 6. They deliberately choose it because it's more believable than a 1 or 2 but just shit enough to get (you)s.

>spear

What's it good for?

Exploration has been rewarding. It's not like there weren't tons of mundane loot in souls games too. In sekiro you find beads, technique scrolls, new prosthetics, sake to unlock lore, carp, minibosses and npcs.

baiting people into upgrading it when it's actually total trash

Fun to charge and impale dudes with it

Cleave spear is great for the first phase of the Dragon fight.

why is the input delay and input buffering so shitty in this game?
>press lb to parry, follow up with rb immediately
>half the time it's a regular attack, half the time it's a combat art
????
I could understand if I was pressing lb and rb at the same time but by the time my finger is off lb and on rb there's still enough buffering for it to count as a weapon art input
the input delay is a whole other can of worms and I wouldn't be surprised if it was because v-sync is forced on with no option for it to be turned off

lel

Attached: Blank+_63d12aff30999e44900bf80787afa8d4.jpg (700x400, 38K)

sounds like your RB is too early then

>no online
Only bad thing about this is not being able to body tryhard invaders with my PvE builds. PvPfags absolutely seething.

pcgamer.com/i-am-never-going-to-finish-sekiro-shadows-die-twice/

Attached: 69895645653432.png (464x863, 791K)

I literally only realised this on the second to last mini boss. Some enemies have armour on them that makes a "thud" sound when you hit them ie not the nice slashing sound. You barely do any damage to them and need to pierce then pull the armour off with it to be able to hit them for full damage

first phase of the dragon fight is a joke phase in a joke fight
and you already have the spinny combat art without spending a billion sen

>Do bad end
Struggling with Isshin so have to kill Emma 20+ times
God damn It makes me depressed everytime.
Shura...

Attached: 1484067043054.png (325x898, 208K)

imagine being this much of an autistic nuthugger. Get Fromsofts cock out of your mouth before you speak again.

I was very skeptical beforehand due to >one weapon and the resurrection mechanic, but I can happily say that I was completely blown away by the game. From's most promising work so far. It honestly kind of devalues bloodborne for me now that I see how easy it is in hindsight. If they follow up with DLC on par with their previous games it will be the best thing they've ever made.

Wait until your tenth try on the final boss and you WILL want it to be over.

Source: I wanted it to be over and made it so, less than 5 min ago

I'm actually disappointed by that fight too

I don't know how people can enjoy boss fights in souls anymore after this. Crossing swords, deflecting and countering attacks, makes you feel like you're in a real fight instead of roll roll roll r1 repeat.

>No online
Fucking good. Sick of going into Gwnyevere's chamber or the shrine maiden to see the same tired Reddit meme lighting up the ground like they're Roberts firecrackers

The simple fact it was made with the intention of brutal difficulty proves its similar to Souls. Enemies leash exactly the same way, inputs stack on top of each other just like Souls(annoying since this game is a lot faster paced), enemies have similar line of sights(they blind), they have the same gay grab mechanics, the lock-on and camera system is identical, the upgrade systems are similar, the death mechanics are similar, the level design is practically identical, bosses also have bullshit mechanics that trade difficulty for fun, the buff/debuff systems are exactly the same, I could go on I'm sure.

How the fuck isn't it like a Souls game? Yeah you can jump, swim, climb, sneak, eavesdrop, and zipline around which is all good since you're a ninja but it's not substantially different from the games they've made this past decade. It's just Ninja Souls.

It's a fresh take on their established game design.

The game would be awesome with online

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.26 - 03.18.43.41.jpg (2560x1440, 561K)

nah bosses get real dull in sekiro after a while
bloodborne still has the best combat system

Tips for Armored Warrior? Just posturebroke him with firecrackers but he literally shrugged off my finisher. The spear description says it takes off armor but that is horse shit.

Speedrunners are going to hate the four monkeys "boss", won't they?

Attached: 1553524202818.jpg (992x1403, 146K)

>all footage suggests
opinion discarded
you run around at 50mph
there is no stamina
you can jump ten feet in the air in combat
half the game is spent slinging around like peter parker
t. someone who actually plays it

dumb moonlight poster

Because I can't even tell when I am going to actually do some damage, forcing me to go back to souls-like combat before actually going in and having an actual swordfight, making the whole thing feel like shit.

It's not even that the enemy parries, often you hit the body and do no damage because the game doesn't want it

Break him near the edge so you can kick him off.

And none of that has anything to do to with how the game actually plays, my illiterate friend.

>nah bosses get real dull in sekiro after a while
Go into detail.

You are entitled to your wrong opinion

this is just wrong though, and you'd have a lot more fun if you actually used what the game gives you.

umbrella for ranged defense / reflects
axe for poise breaks
shuriken to interrupt combos and kill doggos
fire for FUCK YOU
feather in a pinch or for attacks you have a lot of difficulty dodging to keep up aggression
firecrackers for literally everything
spear for armor / poking to keep up posture damage

even the sugars and ash do their roles very well- ash can reset a combo on any boss or miniboss and give you a brief pause to take a sippy or pop a buff

the whistle, poison blade, and fan are things I can't get behind though. can't find any circumstances in which I really would use them over the other tools. ceramic plate is literally useless

You're always doing posture damage. You don't need vitality damage if you're not going to give the boss a break.

>Sekiro has forced me to realise that nowadays when I play a videogame I want to be rewarded with numbers and back-pats and superfluous indicators of progress.

Maybe you just need to Git Gud :^)

>damage
It's not a souls game user, stop looking at the health bar.

Your focus should be on wearing down their posture, that'll get their health down faster than poking away like a dumdum

nah you can reliably beat it in like 2 minutes

That's like comparing Doom and Battlefield

All of that shit is worse than just fighting it out with R1 and L1. Fireworks to chug some health down.
Shuriken has some uses to interrupt posture recovery or some attacks and kill wolves but all the others are useless

Hey hey.
Sekiro OCs pleaaaase

Attached: 1450396363578.jpg (645x495, 161K)

When you summon the bell demon, phantasm enemies are added to the game. Deactivating it doesn't remove the ghost enemies.

Odds are that they just check where they spawn and optimize a route to kill them fast, I don't think it's random.

If it is, then yes.

Who the FUCK is roberto anyway?

Yes, that is true, I still don't quite like how that feels, to be thrown on the ground once and have the last minute of combat damage done by me be regenerated is annoying as all hell.

And yes, hurr, durr don't get downed in the first place, it's a learning process I know, it's just a very annoying one.

Depends on the boss, as extreme examples, good luck downing the bull via posture, good luck killing the last boss via health.

better than all of the souls games put together but not better than bloodborne. 6/10

So is this the hot new shitpost for these threads? Pretending this game isn't similar to its predecessors? Hell another thing I forgot to mention that only Souls games do is have you die in one or two hits regardless of how much you progress. The game is great and I hope they make sequels but it's totally 90% "Souls".

>And none of that has anything to do to with how the game actually plays, my illiterate friend.
You and I both know how it plays.
>enter new area
>sit at bonfire
>upgrade stats if you have enough currency
>maybe teleport to other areas
>fight enemies made to bullshit you
>if you die or return to bonfire, every enemy respawns and your healing potion is replenished
>super bullshit boss at the end of the area

100% Souls, but now you are doing ninja things instead of playing a game with a wider variety of combat encounters.

Brainlet.

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 23.50.45.15.jpg (2560x1440, 376K)

Has anyone else just stopped playing and just can't will themselves to play anymore? I'm not even stuck or anything, I just can't be bothered to continue. Just cleaned up the entire area before you have to swim in some cave with a giant carp but i've just lost all interest. Exploration just doesn't feel rewarding and from what i've heard about ng+ there isn't anything significant to look forward to that would keep me interested.

I'm pretty sure that's because it's nighttime. One of the loading screens warned about it.

...except you're wrong and I literally explained how
did you even unlock the abilities which let you chain prosthetic attacks from ability combos+midair? example here shit is definitely a lot more effective on bosses than playing it intentionally not using the tools given to you. lot more fun than running and chipping / standing like an autist and parrying too.
i dunno man, you're given a lot of really effective options to deal with things and refusing to learn them doesn't make them less effective

It hurts being wrong doesn't it? :)

>Who the FUCK is roberto anyway?
why the fuck do people keep asking this do you not read anything in game
it's his child that he brought to the temple to become immortal since he was sick and it's now his job to guard the temple

the boss in that area is pretty neato

Yeah, after spending several hours on p3 kensei I just need a break. Stopped to grind attack power while watching anime and I'll probably do that until I get 17 or something.

do people just skip all the prompts that tell you how to play the game? I've seen so many dumb questions in these threads lately

The spear takes off "poor fitting armour". His looks pretty solidly put together

...except you're wrong and I literally explained how
Yes I did, its useless

>The game would be awesome with online
not without a significant capital investment into re-writing the netcode, it wouldn't. it would fucking blow.

>Has anyone else
Hi, shill. I see you mixed it up this time. No longer "does anyone else"

save cheese tactics like poking and running to hp kill a boss in the span of 2 hours, you beat all of them the exact same way, mash r1 in their face until you get parried and immediately deflect back
if they don't immediately retaliate you react to what they're doing

it's just too rigid, if it's a swing you deflect, if it's a sweep you always jump kick, if it's a thrust you always mikiri, if it's a grab you jump and pray to buddha
there's no positioning or picking the right moment and move to attack, it's just a constant r1 and deflect fest and you can never stop because unless you've worn them down already their posture recovers fast

just my 2 cents, BB is flawed but it's the most fun one to me by far

Bloodyborn is still the greatest game they've made, but maybe that's because I'm not really a fan of the Japanese aesthetic and mythology.

not sure what you get out of lying on the internet but alright dude, enjoy having less fun than me I guess

Play the game

Oh nice that makes sense.

>enter area
>kill weak enemies
>collect loot
>go to the end and fight a boss
wtf souls is zelda?

Who gives a shit about the netcode? It would be absolutely hilarious griefing people in this game being a dickweed shooting them with shurikens.

>The simple fact it was made with the intention of brutal difficulty proves its similar to Souls. Enemies leash exactly the same way, inputs stack on top of each other just like Souls(annoying since this game is a lot faster paced), enemies have similar line of sights(they blind), they have the same gay grab mechanics, the lock-on and camera system is identical, the upgrade systems are similar, the death mechanics are similar, the level design is practically identical, bosses also have bullshit mechanics that trade difficulty for fun, the buff/debuff systems are exactly the same, I could go on I'm sure.
Since you are illiterate.

God damn the ape was a fun boss.

Best since Genichiro. Hopefully more of the late game bosses are also this good.

Not to mention without a stamina bar it would be super easy to cheese most bosses just by running away when you have aggro while a co-op hits em in the back.

I am having plenty of fun. Just dont enjoy wasting my resources and stuff thats worse than R1

Jesus, i actually agree with his message but the way people talk on reddit is so faux-intellectual it hurts to read. One of old friends from high school spends so much time on there he can't write a text without it dripping with this kind of weighty sounding bullshit

Take a trip down to the big cave after the poison pool area sometime.

Brutal difficulty doesn't mean it's Souls, From likes making challenging games that don't hold your hand. Any game with some sort of open world has enemies leash with blind sight paths. I guess BoTW really is a souls game by your standards

Thanks dude.

First we get prepare to die memes now we get prepare to not finish it memes. I hate it already.

So what's the Sekiro of Souls games, Yea Forums?

And the gameplay is still completely different. Go figure.

>Who gives a shit about the netcode?
have you played the game? have you played the other souls games? the netcode can barely handle das3 combat at times and parry timing goes out the fucking window if your opponent isn't in the same country. how the fuck do you think pvp could work effectively in that environment when the shitty netcode infringes upon the literal most basic combat mechanic?
> It would be absolutely hilarious griefing people in this game being a dickweed shooting them with shurikens.
oh yeah that would be fun as fuck actually

I beat the game concerned about that happening desu

If I may suggest it, do the boss of that area then drop the game if you want, I personally feel the rest of the game isn't worth it very much.

Where is that written? I don't really skip over text but I dont go around looking for it either.

>wasting resources
>in a game
>that swamps you with resources

Attached: muh emblems.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

shut up

Who cares about coop.

The discussion is about how the way enemies leash is 100% identical code. As in they go full retard if you drag them to their boundaries. It's a Souls game whether you admit it or not.

It's 90% the same.

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.25 - 06.01.03.76.jpg (2560x1440, 416K)

Ok what the fuck is even happening towards the end of the game.
>Soldiers beg me to reinforce the Outskirts
>on my way there
>they still shoot me on sight even when I am fighting the red guys
ok

Attached: 1551226797934.png (1280x1280, 786K)

I don't like how the enemies don't follow the games rules desu. If you attack your posture will never recover but enemies can attack and recover posture at the same time

Oh fuck I'd forgotten about that place, was expecting a boss fight the first time through and was surprised when it didn't happen. Will check it out now.

>wasting resources
I use emblems all the time and have a constant positive income of them from gameplay and spare change alone. you get emblems back by killing enemies. the game wants you to use them.

>he thinks I am talking about emblems
Emblems are a non issue. I just dont use mine on shit.

Just ignore your own posture bar. It doesnt matter. When it breaks just mash B and you are safe

...so no OCs from Sekiro? Okay then.

Attached: 1304938223524.jpg (600x598, 52K)

everyone was better off having never met Wolf.

>hurr durr i wanna grief people, wtf fromsoft why don't my shuriken hit this guy who's grappling all over the place with 300 ping

I literally don't care. It would be ludo as fuck if you could *blocks your path* beside those gay ninjas on the rooftops or if you could chase some fag underwater using your zoom lunge on them when they're trying to get away.

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.26 - 02.04.53.97.jpg (2560x1440, 752K)

Sekiro: High School Gossip Edition

>caught in the middle of a coup against two sides which are hostile to you
>dying patriots beg you for help while their comrades attack anything which isn't them on sight
well yeah dude

What should I do with Kotaro? Send him to the surgeon or send him to the merchant?

I don't think Sekiro is sadistic or designed to be hard. You can spam the block/deflect button, you don't die straight away after falling off a clif, penalty for dying is low, cures for dragonrot are abundant and you have a free second chance.

Masterpiece. This is the kind of game that will become a cult on Yea Forums in a few years alongside NV and God Hand.

With how much false info the game gives you I don't think you can blame them really.

>Emblems are a non issue. I just dont use mine on shit.

Seriously are they actually good for anything on bosses?

>i want pvp
"it wouldn't work"
>i don't care
guess that's the end of the conversation

>the absolute state of the internet where you need to preface 'honest' because every faggot is on 21 layers of irony during regular interactions

The fastest way for the player to recover posture is blocking.

+ simple, fair, challenging combat
+ awesome enemy/character and world design
+ spiderman swinging was surprisingly satisfying

- It's too short and replaying it is not that fun
- exploring is mostly redundant because there is not much of value to find
- stealth is not particularly well executed, could be improved by having more ninjutsu slots, skills and reworking the enemy ai
- music is very unmemorable and borderline annoying

I felt like the game finally got good towards the end. isshin kicked my ass and left me craving for more, but playing through that whole ordeal again for a new boss didn't seem worth it. maybe next year.

The robed samurai enemies in the castle dojo are fun to fight

I'm at the corrupted monk without any divine confetti. How fucked am I?

you can pull of some aerial combos if you time them well. does massive posture damage and can combo into ichimonji if you time it correctly
axe goes from being shit to top tier when you go beyond "git gud" and embrace "git flashy"

Some of the bosses are

What kind of false info?

Firecrackers will net you a free hit of your choice on pretty much any boss

Why would you need confetti for him? All he does is melee
I dont even know what confetti is used for

t. finished the game

It would work with their current code though, you're just whining about it not being perfect.

>during the invasion you can aggro all of them, lose aggro, and mind control a few enemies
>everyone goes fucking insane

Their boss guy was really fun to fight too, makes me wish the game would let you warp and fight any boss over again after you've beaten it

I was having fun until I met the Shinobi Hunter Enshin. I have no idea how am I supposed to fight him when I get skewered every time I try to do the spear step technique thing.

git gud

>What kind of false info?

Resurrection mechanics and telling the player to just run away from grabs

youtube.com/watch?v=CzyIde-inaM
OST TORRENT WHEN

Shinobi hunter is how well you know how to do the basics.
Practice with the immortal soldier guy at the temple.
Mikiri counter only works with thrusts.
If the monk guy does a sweep you jump kick.
Grabs are avoided by dodging.

it wouldn't and I'm not going to entertain this conversation any further as you clearly don't know dick about the shit you're talking about

practice the timing with undying friend. You're meant to press the button as the attack is coming ie the enemy is lunging, not when you see the mark. The mark only indicates this is a unique attack that cant be deflected, afterwards is when you act based on the attack

>he

6/10
It's not very fun in all honestly.

This. Wheres the fucking fanart community you fags.

youtube.com/watch?v=uzxkZHbOL4g
How many bosses could you kill with this?

the bosses are too easy

THE GOTYAY

Agreed.

It probably works on any boss that jumps, so Genichiro and Owl, maybe.

Exploration surprisingly sucks. I really thought with the prosthetic arm swinging and such it would hit Dark Souls 1's highs but it really doesn't come close.

I grabbed that from the chest by the undead training guy at the end of the game, where is it supposed to spawn?

100% agree with this ranking
Why are Pepes always so based?

Don't you like finding Ceramic plates, user?

In any other Souls game, it would be some cool armour.

It would.

where is this mini-boss?

I dont like either game

I don't find anything wrong with the stealth, I even enjoy it. It's simple and gamey but it works.

Imagine actually thinking this

Holy yikes my lads

I had no idea how to do this until now, you have to jump?

Almost sure that's the one around the depths, after the creepy surgeon guy.

It's in the abandoned dungeon
And then again where you fight the ape for the second time

>The simple fact it was made with the intention of brutal difficulty proves its similar to Souls
This just in. Ninja Gaiden (NES) is a Souls game.

Attached: 1553610297318.jpg (720x686, 107K)

Cool strawman
Most of the people who complain don't get past the first 2 bosses or stop right after

Rip my sweet merchant.
also that part of the game is honestly awful. Just take me out of the gunpowder zone already

Attached: sekiro_2019_03_26_19_56_46_139.jpg (1920x1080, 1.35M)

I sort of agree but the fact there's no distraction mechanics is fucking baffling.

Unironically, Dark Souls 1 has more depth in its stealth mechanics and it's never expected of the player at any point.
Vision and Sound are separate mechanics, you have to walk slowly to be unheard instead of just pressing crouch, you get Luring Skulls or you can just use arrows/knives to distract enemies and make them walk towards things. Fog Ring and Slumbering Dcrest combined turn you into a ninja, but you lose all your better rings to do that combo.

In Sekiro they give you a whistle, but by the time you get it, you can just rush down enemies or have learnt that you can reset their aggro by running away.

fucking shadowplay broke so my screenshots didn't save. but if you send the monk to him that scene is much sadder
10/10 kino

>highly telegraphed grab attack is winding up
>hands coming in LATERALLY
>what do?
>"HURR DODGE LEFT"
Get fucked, you dumb nigger.

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (200x200, 13K)

Here you go

Attached: 814380_20190325235652_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.25M)

LADS

Attached: unknown.png (1653x897, 2.44M)

>no stamina management
>what is posture

7/10, good game but the combat feels wrong, sluggish like you are underwater while the enemies are the complete opposite, also the wolf is one of the worst Shinobi i had ever see and Rikimaru would slaughter him.

I actually did read that but I didn't remember the name at all.

Also assumed that the father was the guy selling those to you.

fixed

Attached: fagirolets.jpg (828x788, 101K)

C'mon user, you gotta put two and two together.

The guy was at a monk temple, where a bunch of weird shit is going on like a centipede infested fuck who keeps coming back, and the revitalizing waters are mentioned like a million times.

"For the sake of my son, put down your sword." If you die to him, he mentioned the waters as well.

Attached: 814380_20190324132117_1.jpg (1920x1080, 849K)

Genuinely think that combat is too fast. Enemies often have chains of attacks that lead to just mashing L1 as fast as possible.

At first I wanted to nitpick it and find someway to say Activision fucked it up. I felt like saying the controls felt off. I wanted to find the parry system, combat, posture and health mechanic, and shinobi tools were half baked and poorly implemented. I wanted to find a problem with the movement and mobility that was available.

I wanted to find a reason to shit on Sekiro. I made no investment other than the time played. I can say after 20 hours of playing, four completed prayer necklaces, three battle memories, nine shinobi tools, and more skills than I'm going to bother with counting right now without any hesitation the shit a damn snack boy. They combined Tenchu and the Dea Souls series in a daring synthesis and it slaps.
Niggas outchere jumpin off ogres n shit, sneakin round fucking with them gremblins with hats on, makin spinny boys look silly quik like nestle, and rippin anal beads out of 2 dot fuckheads.

Final verdict from this user 8/10 I'm having a lot of, and please excuse my language, fun.

Attached: baby hippos.jpg (470x313, 32K)

>I completed sekiro
Haven't seen this from negative reviewers yet

>last played on sunday
>can't bring myself to start playing

Attached: 1538134205715.jpg (634x634, 38K)

So is there a centipede inside the Wolf? That's pretty disturbing.

>mfw Demon of Hatred
are you actually supposed to fight that guy

Attached: 1549566442096.jpg (680x1125, 163K)

>People bitching about the monkey
Took me around 7 times
He has a lot of openings in the first phase and his strings have tons of recovery
When he rolls-over and throws a tantrum after the tantrum wail on him
When he shows his back and tries to mix you up with Fart/4 hit combo hit him once and anticipate what he'll do. A correct guess will let you hit him 3x
Don't bother using Fireworks on him
When he runs run away from him he'll do a running grab attack
Jump backwards when he tries to grab you
2nd Phase
You can cancel the scream with Ichimonji
His giant sweep can be abused with a Spiral Spear after jumping towards him
Don't try to swing while he does his 1-2 hit spam. Jump away if low in Posture
When he jumps and does a smash parry that shit. He'll be stunned for quite a while

It's really fun, and I think it's well made and nice looking. It's better than most fromsoft games.

He specifically mentions that his son "will have" the waters, I doubt he actually consumed the waters yet and if he did he probably died anyway.

I think they overtuned the intro of the game to be way, way too fucking hard.

I hear it gets easier as you progress and that it's only the intro that's dogshit difficult but I'm too frustrated to care.
I know there's a lot of elitist out there that would lose their minds, but I really think they should go back and patch the early game bosses so they don't just squish you in a single hit. Leave the rest of the game as is, sure, but don't expect perfect play from people who literally just bought the game and are learning the controls FROM. What the fuck.

Attached: onion.png (1034x1223, 939K)

>Stay near him and slap his balls
>Block/deflect the stomp and heatbutt
>Run away when he jumps up then ninja rope back in
>Jump when you see the danger sign
>Bring the fire umbrella to block if you can't run away in time
>Get the fuck away from the boss as the start of phase 3

It gets easier because you get better. That's the fucking beauty of it man

I just beat the game and I'm actually considering doing the start all over again to test this honestly.

It's hard because you're not used to the combat.

Where is he? Is it optional or something?

Is Guardian Ape the perfect, hulking monster boss FROM was trying to achieve all this time, that didn't end up being a camera obscuring nigger?

Attached: guardian_ape.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

Honestly just the fireballs that kill me
no idea how to dodge them besides running away

Tomoe is pretty much confirmed to be the DLC boss right? She keeps getting mentioned.

When I first started I died to the first samurai mini bosses like 6 times trying to figure it out
Now he's piss baby easy tier and I can't imagine actually losing to him

Run straight to him and the fireballs should miss.

>Is Guardian Ape the perfect, hulking monster boss FROM was trying to achieve all this time

His hitboxes are all sort of fucked but then again it's FROM, so maybe.

I did that and it's true. Fresh NG playthrough after completing it once and it's really, really easy this time around.

Best game I have played recently, I like the swordplay and the world design is fantastic.

>bad hitboxes
I don't get this criticism when it comes to sekiro, not only did I have no issues at all with janky hitboxes, I realized early on that a well timed parry/jump/dodge negates any potential problem with hitboxes. this applies to all from games I have played.
>ds2
it's the worst out of the bunch but I think my rule holds up

I expect her and the doctor to both make an appearance.

i'm confused, in the slow-mo version its actually even more obvious that you went DIRECTLY into its hand?

The temple and the bodhisattva cavern area are beautiful but fountainhead palace is a on a whole new level.

this one too, you literally connect PERFECTLY with its hand in a GRAB attack

DLC for Sekiro when?

Attached: ah, I see you're a man of high insight aswell.jpg (831x480, 48K)

Health upgrades do fucking nothing because every attack in this game is based on %, so no matter if you have 100 health or 500 health the same attack will take the same amount off your health bar

Pretty much this.

How do you rank all the FROM games?

Is that a fact?

It seems like it.

>more generic soulshit
Despise it, hope everyone at Fromshit die a painful death.

I'm not 100% sure but it sure seems like it, boss in NG killed me in two hits, each hit taking 50% off my health and the same boss in NG+ takes roughly 50% off my health bar even after 17 HP upgrades

I enjoy it. Strong 7/10.
Shortcomings are boring music and that combat suffers from the areas often being too small to fight in. Also the janky stealth and often cheesable minibosses. Also not being able to respec punishes experimentation.

Attached: 1530490763094.jpg (468x656, 80K)

>I don't get this criticism when it comes to sekiro

Not all bosses have bad hitboxes, the ape just has a couple of attacks with absolute retarded ones.

The one in which he thrusts left, right, right, left has ginormous hitboxes for what the movement displays, you can get stabbed while being above the fucking guy while the sword is touching the ground.

I'm actually tempted to play with a trainer or something now that I've beat the game and find out how shit actually works

If there are no builds then what's there to respec?
:thinking:

there are builds

isn't ng+ supposed to be harder?
If there were no need for beads that would be beyond retarded

OH NO NO NO NO

I recall some guy being really thirsty having finished his water, I assume I have to take the fountainhead water I found to him, what do I get for that?

Because I'm probably not booting up the game for it since it's going to be some stupid small shit, isn't it?

You get like 5 treasure carp scales.

I take it all back. Its legit his charge thats killing me. Comes out too fast.
I made it into phase 2 once and he is already the boss I died the most to lmao.
Gonna dragon rot the entire fucking planet if this continues

Attached: AJ.jpg (944x944, 589K)

Most people who aren't either 0/10 trolls or 10/10 "just gid gud ur criticism is invalid durr" shitposters seem to agree that the game is about a 7/10 which seems reasonable.

It's a solid game for sure, just not quite as amazing as any Souls game or Bloodborne

Attached: f7990250a60043abd57e29efd23f7844.jpg (640x775, 67K)

I found him easy but boring so I just cheated and killed him :^)

im gonna tell you something

the game doesnt get easier, it gets 'easier' in spurts yeah. like when you backtrack zones with enemies youve already fought. but as you progress the story and shit changes, the game throws even harder enemies at you. so that feeling of being a fucking scrub never really goes away.

its the fromsoft experience

I think it's better than a few of the Souls games but certainly not as great as Bloodborne.

For me it's more like 8.5/10, still better than 99% of the trash that's out these days anyway

Dropped after this shit

Attached: 1448937067292.webm (640x360, 2.62M)

Pretty much. From will never top Soulsborne, it's their once in a lifetime golden egg

git gud

Attached: 1436418602208.webm (640x360, 2.65M)

Attached: 1399146864189.webm (640x360, 2.12M)

WHY IS THE DIVINE CHILD GONE
DID I FUCK UP

imagine dying to this guy lmao

I've been having no problem with ogre despite being shit and now i'm wondering if it's because my reaction is slow enough that i'm accidentally dodging at the right time instead of too early.

Prosthetics are the most overpowered things in the entire game. One of the prosthetics is literally just "deflect but better".

>oh hes coming right for me, better dodge backwards and not to the side.
>poorly timed dodge

>tfw didn't find the firecrackers or ravens feather before late in the game
kinda glad I didn't

>when she surprise you with the birthday succ

Attached: Annotation 2019-03-26 124821.jpg (626x297, 57K)

where is a good place for late game skillpoint farming?

obviously ashina castle, at the bonfire before the first chained ogre
lots of backstab opportunities

ah thanks, I was doing that but thought maybe there was something better I didn't know about.

date night with me, probably.

best soulsekiroborne desu, 9/10

Nice. The boss is pure aids partly because of the camera.
Actually mad by now

The camera seemed fine to me. You can beat him just playing like a pussy but he's also VERY weak to agression if you use shuriken leap.

they made the game difficult because whats the point of a game about rebirth if its so easy you dont die once. dying is a central theme and a key mechanic in sekiro. it isnt about git gud its about getting a brain and appreciating the themes presented through gameplay.

I CANT FUCKING BELIEVE THIS I KILLED FUCKING SACRED BLADE BUT I WAS SO EXCITED I FUCKING FORGOT TO FATAL BLOW HIM AND I FUCKING DIED IM DONE WITH THIS GAME FUCK YOU

>honest opinion
like most I hate samurai games since they were such failures IRL and couldnt even learn to adapt to modern technology.

Attached: 1443993910123.jpg (200x192, 8K)

The poison pit with Snake Eyes is good for exp. If you start up top and do it right you can stealthkill 3/4 and just R1-spam the last one. Takes a minute or two and gets you almost 800 xp, potentially black gunpowder and also some pocket change.

DO IT!

Did anyone else hate this game for the first 15 hours, but once it clicked you love it? I'm on that level right now.

7/10

This game basically glues itself together with the boss fights. There's that meme about how Dark Souls has regressed into a hallway dueling simulator over time but for this game it's actually true. While there are some heart-pounding and skillful encounters, the game fails to live up to From's previous work outside the context of combat. World design is good, but not exceptional. Stealth is tacked on, linear, and a waste of time. Enemy variety suffers immensely.

The 'git gud' crowd and flashy anime lovers will deflect all criticism until most people have beaten the game and moved on. It's a good game, but a less compelling experience overall.

Attached: 1535954269412.jpg (540x309, 33K)

The player's character is not physically touched by the grab
>It still counts
You'll continue to defend this.

>Stealth is tacked on, linear, and a waste of time. Enemy variety suffers immensely.
ur dumb

fishing in this game is also godly.

Solid 8/10 of a game, amazing for a new IP, and it gives me insane amounts of hope for the future now that From has shown developers it's okay to make video games.

Pretty good overall although I wish sweeps didn't exist, for whatever reason I blow at them. Only been grabbed like twice and deflected/mikiri pretty much every thrust since the start. I think it's mostly the fact of how fast they get into the sweep you would think a move that spins your whole body would need a prep time greater than .25 secs

I hated it when I was being filtered by Chained Ogre. After I beat him and got gud, it was a blast.

World/level design is leagues better than any Souls game. Nothing feels unfinished so it's already better than most entries in the series and Ashina Castle alone is better design than any level in any Souls title. Fountainhead Palace blows it completely out of the water.

>Ashina Castle alone is better design than any level in any Souls title.
That's just not true. I really like Sekiro's level design but since they don't have to worry about a lot of different enemy types and collectables there's a missing layer to the areas compared to Souls games.

5-2 for instance is just as well if not better designed.

So killed the dude on the horse but can't kill the drunk ass faggot, how much do I suck?

5-2 only has six enemy types in it and two NPCs. Ashina Castle has your normal mook samurai, which have their own different weapons and movesets, along with the gong-ringers, the big dudes, guard dogs, blackhats, ashina elite, nightjar and exploding nightjar, the guys that shoot cannons at you, plus several mini-bosses. It's got NPCs and merchants, it has hidden collectibles and prosthetic tools, it acts as a hub that leads to several other important locations, it has verticality that is just as extensive and meaningful as its normal straightforward design. And then ontop of all this it changes as the game progresses to feature new paths, new enemies, new bosses and mini-bosses, etc. That shit blows 5-2 clear out of the water.

>what are shinobi memes
Damn no wonder why nobody likes anglos.

If they're using boxes shapes as hitboxes it can be excused as the edges may extrude further than the animation suggests, and if they decrease the size too much it may affect balance; making it too easy.
If they're using a set of spheres it may be just sloppy work.
if they use raycasts or distance checks it becomes even harder to coordinate between animator and programmers

No one was talking about enemy design though. Obviously Ashina has a lot of detail put into it since it's the main hub of the game but it's still not any better designed than a world like that, and collectibles are worse for obvious reasons.

for the OC guy

Attached: 54634435435.jpg (1200x786, 874K)

Fun game once you discover that spamming L1 autoparries almost everything.

The game teaches you to play one way for 90% of the game and if you try to do differently you get fucked and then they just completely switch the script on boss and ones a dark souls boss, ones a bloodborne one and then one is kinda what you've been playing but you also have to sprint like a madman. The quality drops right after you get the ugly shota back

Imagine if this game had pvp
>guard break = death, if he doesn't ress immediately you can still attack the other player.
>trying to grapple away? shuriken that ass and he falls down
>air counters
>r2/rt gets countered by mukiri
>ravens feather shenanigans
By the power of tachyons this would be possible

Attached: 1530555346736.jpg (203x249, 9K)

I really hope the next one has it. It would be so funny.

weird, cause i hated the game until after i beat grandma and now i absolutely love it.

im a brainlet and even i figured out that you cant just dash back twice, you have to dash backwards once + sprint away to avoid his leaping grab.
the fight took me like 30minutes to beat, lol.

You had me up until ugly shota.

Attached: kuro.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

3/10 not enough poison swamps

>he's angloposting again

the best I could hope for out of a love letter to both onimusha and tenchu

You realise very early on that most of the game is unnecessary. Regular enemies give little reward and have aspergic detection and AI so you can quite easily run past them.
>xp drops are either tier based so not lost on death or unrecoverable on death
- no motivation to return to where you died outside of bosses
>gold and loot drops are tiny compared to what you get with the balloons on
- encourages grinding and farming for cash and mats rather than progressing normally

The bosses are pretty cool but "dude with a katana" does get old after a while. That said it is pretty much just a boss rush with added faff after you realise the nature of it.

I did this and I didn't die again until Owl.

The bull isn't the best example as I postures him, best example would be demon of hatred, I don't think it's actually possible to posture him.

I love it so much for the first time I can't wait for DLC