Is Baba is You the most reliable intelligence test...

Is Baba is You the most reliable intelligence test? Even someone with a 200IQ couldn't figure everything out in it without getting stuck or needing help.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

bump because baba is me :)

>baba is all
Is this the weirder block or it goes further?

Lads, I have a confession to make.
I had to look up the solution to Skull House
Damn that was unintuitive. I guess it makes sense but I highly doubt I'd ever have gotten it. Oh well, on to world 6.

I find that if I'm really stuck on a level, it's best to move on to a different one and come back at a later point. The fresh start helps you avoid getting stuck in a wrong mindset.

This. I got pretty stuck on both Skull House and the one from OP's pic, but came back later and eventually figured them both out.

All is definitely fucky, but NEAR, FACING and LEVEL also make for some odd scenarios.

Also, is Depths-Extra 5 Endless Corridor a mistake? You can just walk to the flag without having to bother with anything else. Then again, I don't really see how you're given enough to work with to make up the 2 squares of downwards distance you'd need if the flag room was 1 square further to the left.

LEVEL isn't really strange, you just need to realize that you can do things with it.
I'm only on Depths 3 so far, but I've seen in another thread that the Switch version seems to have an incorrectly ported level that's trivial because of it, so maybe that's the one you're talking about.

I was stuck for hours but eventually got it. I actually thought of trying the solution hours ago but for some reason I thought it just wasn't possible.

I plan on beating it without looking up anything or asking for hints. Currently on world 7.

I'm on PC actually, which is why I'm so confused that a level that's barely even a level is in there. Perhaps it's intended though.

I actually did the same thing. For some reason I thought that I needed to make a complete square, and there aren't enough ISs for that, so I gave up and only finally solved after doing some other levels.

I dunno guys. I just loaded into "I've got all this stuff here" and immediately quit the game, then re-opened it, then quit again three times. I just don't think I can process all this shit with 1-2 hours of gaming time per day. I like the game, but given the size of my backlog and the complexity of pic fucking related, I don't think I can justify spending my gaming time on what I suspect will be no progress.

Attached: I FUCKING HATE SHEEP.png (1321x1004, 59K)

Hints for Fall-9: Ghost Guard?
The one with:
Leaf is tele
ruck is push
key is open
ghost is shut and push

can't bother with an image cause I'm on switch

100% the same
any level i see with all this ridiculous shit is instaquit

As opposed to progress in easy videogames that is equally worthless?

Use the leaf to move the key

but if I make "leaf is push" I can't leave the word area since I can't stand on the leaf to tp
If I use the rock, then make the rock a leaf then I can't get past the "foliage is sink"

No, I never proposed any opposition.

Insecure indiefag pls go. I already think that indie games have been the goty since 2013 and that baba is better than DMC5 and Sekiro. You don't need to shill your taste you fucking insecure faggot.

Work backwards from the goal and see what you actually need to accomplish out of the myriad things you can do with that many text pieces, and things will become much simpler.

In this case, since you can't pass or alter water or hedge and can't made baba not melt you need to get through the door. To do that, you need to make it SHUT using the command to baba's left using the DOOR down below. You can't alter what is OPEN either, so you need to bring a key up there too.

With all that in mind you only have one challenge - get both a key and the DOOR word through the room with the skulls (since the passage in the middle has corners so you can't get anything but baba through there).

To do that, you have to figure out three things: How to move them through a room the skulls prevent you from entering, how to ensure that the key won't hit the water on the other side and melt and how to set it up so that the door goes through first, since the key passing over the keke in the middle of the skull room blocks that passage.

>but if I make "leaf is push" I can't leave the word area
Git gud

Thanks user I appreciate the advice. It's 2am and I can't follow it right now but thank you for describing the logic I need to follow, it's the only way I have a hope of getting through without outright looking it up. Hopefully in tomorrow's threads I'll be stuck on something else.

As with rocky road, leaf only needs be push every second step

Text is float, my dude

You can still have the key be teleporting every second step

First thing I do in that situation is just move around and touch things. Faster than trying to read and process, especially with undo. I'll look for rules of I don't understand something, then look for Win and work backwards.

unironically thanks

you consider being stuck on a puzzle as a waste of time compared to clearing your backlog, I don't even really give a fuck about this game but your mentality is stupid.

Haven't played the game yet, so not sure if that would work, but "key is on door" looks very easy to make. Wouldn't that teleport the key to the door and allow you to get the flag?

This level is cruel
I feel like I'm so close yet so far

Attached: 20190326161219_1.jpg (1920x1080, 132K)

Don't think ON works that way. DOOR MAKE KEY will spawn a key on the door, but the DOOR word is stuck so you can't build DOOR IS SHUT

Haven't you basically won at this point? Or is the timing off by 1 on the rocket vs running past the skull?

You're not close. Would you like a hint?

I dunno man, I guess I just consider my steam library a real thing rather than a 500 game humble bundle compilation that no one ever expects to play.

I can't run right after pushing the rocket on the belt from there
Yes please, I need a hint if I'm going about this the wrong way

Is there any lose conditions or limitations in this game or could you just brute force through by trying every combination?

Oh wait, I see the problem

>You're not close
Looks to me like he is pretty close, just a hair off in his strategy

garbage game for autists

haha, no
I did it by
pushing DOOR on skull, pushing key below it and cycling:
>key make ice
>ice is push
>move ice a tile upward with DOOR on top
end with key on tile below water, then
ice make key
key on ice is move and they will roll into one that can be pushed straight into door
iirc.

>Looks to me like he is pretty close
He might be I guess. I confess to asking in these threads a few times about the inconsistencies surrounding empty being push, and never getting an answer that satisfies my experiences.

According to the previously quoted post, you may not be going about it the wrong way and I might be a huge retard. However, I personally pushed empty into the rocket from where your baba currently is, with nothing on the left side of the stage aside from said rocket.

>I can't run right after pushing the rocket on the belt from there
Oh right, because EMPTY is PUSH is still in effect and you don't have a star over there

I honestly have no clue exactly how EMPTY is PUSH works which is why I'm getting stomped

I saw that I could move towards the stars but I don't understand why

>I personally pushed empty into the rocket from where your baba currently is
Oh wait now I get it, vertical empty is push so that you break the empty is push afterwards, cheers m8

Well I'm glad you got it, because I've long since moved on from there and I still feel like I fluked it without fully understanding why some directions make me stop

It truly is the rick and morty of videogames.

I saw this pic in a thread the other day. Just got to this level a second ago. I laughed so hard I cried. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Attached: WAIT_WHAT_IS_MOVE.png (719x1740, 276K)

No wait, I definitely didn't break empty is push afterwards because that would not work on the harder version and the strategy I used worked on both.

You have to use the stars to move down on the harder version, though I'm still not claiming to quite understanding how empty is push works. I never broke it on either level though, I just moved over the stars because I knew they weren't empty and it happened to work out.

I'm too dumb to ever get to it. What's the name so I can have a look on YT or something?

Slideshow. But I know you can do it user. Forget clearing levels and go for flowers, jumping between maps.

I'm stuck on both Deep Pool and Fetching.
For Deep Pool, I don't see a way to interact with the skull. The easy version of the level (Scenic Pond) had a float command so I could go over the skull, but I cannot see any float commands.

I could theoretically imagine a scenario in which I have a Keke that passes over the skull when not YOU but there's no way of pushing or interacting with Keke either.

Fetching is just fucked up entirely. I get that you need to use Text is Weak but I feel that I have to both make Skull is Keke and then Keke is You but that seems impossible.

I'll keep trying, but I'm at a mental roadblock. To progress, I need to complete either Temple Ruins 5, 7, 8, or 9. I've tried them out 4-5 times each, and I've got nothing.

In what world/level is that

The overworld map, it's behind the 7 flower lock.

I did Fetching, but I'm also stuck on deep pool.
You're right about text is weak. It's not that hard after that. just think of how you can stop the skull from being meaningful and how you can remove the ghost

What are you talking about? I just did the harder version and used the exact same strat and in both you break Empty and Rocket is Push by pushing Empty (so you still have Rocket is push)

However now I'm left wondering: WHAT THE HELL IS THE EASIER SOLUTION

I ONLY UNDERSTAND THIS APPARENTLY HARDER ONE

How do I get more flowers?
I have 4, is it only by 100% a world?

I have like two or three IQs and I platinumed it offline in about 20 minutes.

For Deep Pool: you need to alternate between text spawning baba and baba spawning text

For deep pool, think of how you can clear all the water tiles.

I know how to get rid of the ghost/skull, but I don't know how to turn on Flag is Win and then get back to the main area to actually touch it.

>I honestly have no clue exactly how EMPTY is PUSH works
It's not even that complicated, though
When you try to move toward a wall, you're trying to push a long line of PUSH things (the empties) into a STOP. That's like pushing a line of 10 rocks into a wall - obviously doesn't work
When you try to move toward a star, you're pushing the line of PUSH objects onto an object with no properties (the star). However, pushing an empty onto a non-empty results in a non-empty square (star + empty = star). That's like the last rock in the line ceasing to exist once you finish pushing. So you can push as many empties as you want onto the star (or the belt), which means you can keep moving multiple tiles in the direction of the star.

bro...
more than one thing can be you

You get a flower when you Area Clear, by just beating the required number of levels (top right). You don't need to Area Complete.

Thank you, I was over thinking it
This seems to leave me one item short (assuming I need to make a chain to lead to Baba is Win and ignore the flag entirely).

I'll puzzle over it for a bit more though, thank you!

The problem is that after clearing the water I don't have enough words to push "baba" to "is win"

you don't even need to solve it
the level still works when it's out of the screen
just count the number of squares and reach the flag in the smallest amount of steps possible

I didn't say I needed help, nerd.

Hmm yeah okay, that makes sense. So that makes it so you can only move towards objects that aren't stop. (and no objects behind them either that are stop if the object you're moving towards is push). Thanks.

Not quite. You're very close. Think of what you can do now that you have 2 Baba texts. You've used this mechanic before.

how long is this game for someone that isn't a brainlet? not going to pay $15 for a game that will only last me 5 hours.

at least 20 hours

It'll definitely last you more than 5 hours.
There's over 200 levels.

Late game spoiler
>Level is called Hidden Relic
>The "is" in "Hedge is Stop" is suspiciously placed
>Keke is Hot and Text is Melt
>There's some empty space over to the right beyond the hedge
There isn't another Orb is Hide situation going on here, is there?

Attached: D2mQO-zUgAIFA7w.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

.Think of what you can do now that you have 2 Baba texts.
oh right, got it

There's no way for you to compact yourself in there, so no. It's just for aesthetic.

>someone that isn't a brainlet
Prepare to eat humble pie, user. After fifty levels or so some of this shit gets seriously surprising.