Stray from the souls formula

>Stray from the souls formula
>make an absolutely terrible game thats already forgotten
so...you think fromsoft has learned their lesson??

Attached: sekiro-01embargo-6-1528726646-11-3pm-pt-1548867368.jpg (1920x1080, 342K)

Attached: IMG_20190321_105520.jpg (1004x746, 67K)

They didn't actually stray from the Souls formula. The gameplay loop is almost identical, they just added stealth.
>b-but muh lagstab PvP and fashion souls!
It was fluff.

the world is also incredibly tiny compared to the souls games, how do you remove all the weapons and armor AND make the world smaller? WTF

you'd enjoy the game if it was half price'd

discord trannies SEETHING they cant play souls barbie with 200 outfits

It's no smaller than the Dark Souls games, you're just not slow as shit anymore.

It was a successful launch of a new IP. They're probably happy as fuck.

>world is incredibly tiny
Did you explore it at all or are you still on like the second boss

The game would has multiple layers to it thanks to the grapling hook and wall jumping

Yeah time to go back to Armored Core.

>omg it's so fucking epic like assassins creed

Unfortunately redditors like the game
Let's just pray we don't get Sekiro DLC or Sekiro 2 but instead actually great Soulsborne games again.

Sekiro was a disappointment in almost every way, I agree.

Attached: 1536684067341.png (890x890, 180K)

>they just added stealth.
Souls stealth builds are arguably of greater depth than Sekiro's "instakill-hide on a roof-instakill" loop.

Don't mind me, just playing the strictly superior ninja game.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

world*

i've avoided looking up that much about it, i was hoping it had those 'fuck you, deal with this shit' moments that made demons souls great
are they in and the mechanics just suck or is it just bland?

>already forgotten
>Yea Forums has countless threads on it everyday

Attached: 1553217818744.gif (500x281, 1.54M)

>implying Sekiro didn’t have their most successful release to date

Be prepared for more Sekinosouls brahs. We trilogy now.

the game mechanics in Sekiro are miles better than those in Sekiro, since you have to get good at them to beat the game
the fuck you moments in Sekiro are pretty much any boss or large enemy groups you encounter

It isn't smaller. For somebody on a board about video games you sure don't seem to know much about them to make a comment as retarded as this.

Can someone explain to me what happens when you block an enemy attack? Do they still get frame advantage, like you do when they block you, or does it just seem like that because enemies can have faster attacks than you?

I really don't understand the point of threads like this.

Shinobido was glorious. it's my favorite ninja game with mark of the ninja

Sekiro it's not even close to a ninja game.

There are a lot of those moments. If you want upgrades to your health or something, you have to deal with minibosses which can be total cunts if you don't learn how to deal with them. And the lack of summons means you are forced to learn patterns and overcome bosses yourself.
The mechanics don't suck in the slightest, it's just wonky camera controls and some exploitable AI patterns (which Souls had too).

>"muh Souls formula"
From never claimed that this was supposed to be a Souls game, idiot.

if you just block it you prevent Vitality damage, but still get Posture damage, deflecting on the other hand prevents both and give Posture damage to your enemy

Paid shill threads don't count

Pleb status: Filtered

>have hardmode for ng+
>different endings and stuff
>only one save file

What did Miyazaki think with this?

Attached: 1528918599463.jpg (250x250, 12K)

>already forgotten
>has 100k current players on steam

Nigga it's like 3 times the size of DS1

>one save file
except not?

"Depth" was already becoming a buzzword but you cemented it.

>Grappling hook that can be used on any surface at any time
>Alchemy system for creating your own unique bombs and medicines
>3 different factions which can be played against each other: take a mission from one side to protect an important document then steal it and give it to a different faction, or build reputation to get close to a high-ranking general only to turn and assassinate him.
>Ever-changing world that reacts to the missions you do and don't take
>2 characters and unlockable skins
>Custom mission editor
>Voice acting provided by the best talent Britain has on offer

Literally the only thing Sekiro has over Shinobido is better camera control.

Attached: latest.jpg (1024x578, 102K)

I went into this game with 0 expectations and its actually really fun. The game forces you to stop playing like a pussy. You have to keep attacking while parrying/sidestepping/jumping attacks. Mini-bosses are way better than the countless trash mobs in other souls games. Stealth could have been done better, but its not the main focus of the game. Some of the prosthetics and combat arts feel kind of useless.

Attached: 1551737117949.png (420x430, 83K)

I thought it was shit at first but then I got good and now I love it. I hope the inevitable dlc has some crazy bosses like the ape and demon of hatred. The demon is by far the most difficult boss From have ever put out. frc chalice bosses didn’t take me as many tries as this bastard did

Attached: 1C01488C-7E72-4A02-99A1-C3FFF5519728.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

>They strayed from the souls formula
WRONG

Attached: 1553571731193.png (1558x901, 1011K)

> 4 threads on page 1
> allready forgotten
Try harder next time user.

That bingo chart needs to be updated, almost every single one of them is checked off by Sekiro

It's vaati, he only just got to rape ape 2 electric boogaloo

you can have multiple save files, m8

>windows taskbar on the left

Sekiro is their best game ever

It is by far their best game. The person you are replying to was too shit to get past even early game

>>more questions than answers at the end
Yep, what the fuck was up with the centipedes, why is a nigga inside another nigga, what the fuck is out west, what's with all the monkeys, why was the sculptor a fucking demon
>>Moonlight katana
Dragon boss literally does the MLGS ranged attack with his big glowy teal sword, yep
>>Hysterical shopkeeper
Literally all of them
>>Dragon on bridge
Do snake gods count?
>>traitor NPC
fucking Owl
>>Crestfallen warrior
He literally asks you to kill him and end his suffering once you have the mortal Blade
>>Final boss is a decaying old man legendary figure
Yyyyyyep
>>Recycled level/area for lore reasons
YOU BETCHA
>>Spooky prison area
Yep
>>That one enemy that will push you off a ledge
There's a bunch including bosses

None off the things on that bingo chart were invented by Souls games

Neither? Its Yea Forums shitposters

Okay? There's nothing new under the sun, they didn't have to invent poison swamp levels and old man final bosses for them to be formulaic in their games

not a matter of invented, more like reused to exhaustion

dangerously wrong, that's like saying people with fibrodysplasia ossificans are immune to bullets

Attached: 81BF8E60-0201-4D36-A998-10CF64B96673.jpg (3464x3464, 657K)

It’s 91
OH NO NO NO

Attached: 7D54DE91-74D3-46E4-AC0D-319CD9D013A1.jpg (120x135, 9K)

>already forgotten
>Constant fucking threads on the front page
Can you atleast try when you shitpost?

I actually love Armored core too, but I think games without any choice/creative element are just boring. Unless the story is like as deep and good as a 1000 page novel, or there's some new ground-breaking mechanic, I just think there's no reason to play an action game in 2019.

Yeah I get that, and sometimes it does chip damage too. But if you block an attack and both you and the enemy go for an attack afterwards, will they hit first or will you trade, given equal startup times? If you attack and they block, you will always be able to do another attack, I'm just unsure whether that goes for enemies as well.

>best souls is better than both
nononono

Attached: 1548248967138.jpg (1014x261, 27K)

imagine being a gaming journalist and giving a game a high score because you didn't really get into the game but you assume the general public will like it since the last game in the series was a hit and it's a big publisher
fastforward a couple of weeks and everyone is calling the game for what it is (shit) and you'll have to live forever with the embarrassement of everybody knowing you're a casual and dont actually know shit about anything and just rate games out of pressure

what do after i get the senpou esoteric text?

Have you saved the heir yet? If not go do that. If so go into the temple

so the dude in the temple tells me to see him (the heir) but i have no idea where he is other than the castle but i already been there before coming to the mountain

DMCV is small compared to a Souls game, that hardly makes it bad

Did you beat Genichiro and then talk to Isshin yet?

>if I can’t disprove his point, I’ll just respond to an entirely different one altogether that I made up
You said the world was small, he said it isn’t given that you can use the grappling hook mechanic to traverse to many different areas, and you’re claiming that they’re claiming that Sekiro is somehow like assassins creed

>everyone who likes thing I don’t like is a paid shill

>Did you beat Genichiro
no, i checked on youtube and the due is on top on the castle apparently but i don't know how to get there
this is as far up as i can get, i can't use my arm to grab that marker in the pic and the door at the base of it is closed

Attached: sekiro 2019-03-26 17-47-19-47.png (1920x1080, 2.03M)

Assassin's creed has a grappling hook? And what are you arguing? Games shouldn't do anything fun anymore because fags like you will compare it to something not similar at all?

>Can someone explain to me what happens when you block an enemy attack?
You guard something.
If you just block then you get posture damage and chip damage/status alteration depending on the attack's attribute or enemy status, a deflect reduces posture damage and inflicts posture damage on the opponent, depending on the attacks a deflect also leaves them wide open.
>Do they still get frame advantage
Depends on the attack you block, take the spearmen generals for instance, if you deflect one of their basic swings neither of you is at a disadvantage, if you deflect their large windup swing you'll be put at a frame disadvantage on the next move if they chain, their other windup swing however also pushes you far back, which they often use to force a thrust attack to exploit your forced cooldown.
>does it just seem like that because enemies can have faster attacks than you?
Mostly, you just have to learn which of their moves are unsafe and retaliate when you can, otherwise it's best to play defensively, either deflect or dodge.

Attached: sekiro 2019.03.26 - 17.30.51.07-.webm (640x360, 2.62M)

shockwave
but seriously shit hitboxes and tracking are to be expected when the game is just recycled souls assets

tfw the ogre model is literally a reskinned lycanthrope from the crucifixion woods.
They didn't even bother to get rid of the red glowing eyes

You have to go through the house. If you've encountered the kite dude, just keep going until you see another kite and there's a little window nearby for you to jump into.

>already forgotten
>at least 3 threads on Yea Forums at all times
Sage and hide.

I just bought the game last night, pretty fun, beat the first boss yesterday and now I'm just sitting at work wanting to play more

ohh

You're supposed to jump that one you ABSOLUTE fucking monkey

I'm already sick of this game and I haven't played a single second. In all honesty, let's get DMC5 threads back on track instead.

>it's a terrible game because I suck at it
>there's like 30 threads on the catalog about it, so it must be forgotten
Here's another (You).

>I-it's bad cuz of le reddits
You're pathetic, you got your ass handed to you and this is your coping mechanism.

The dive grab hit boxes are one of the worst things about this game. Guardian ape has the same thing

Idk about anyone else but I feel like sekiro is really easy with the parry system. Personally I'm playing through the game without it for a bet but the game isn't that hard and all I did was unbind the right click so I physically can't deflect. Like sure it's relatively challenging, and I've died here and there but it's no harder then the souls games, maybe easier honestly