Where would you rank it among the Souls games?

Where would you rank it among the Souls games?

Attached: images (19).jpg (749x409, 43K)

Way better than DS2 and 3, for sure.

bb = sekiro > des> ds > ds3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ds2

DaS1 > BB = DaS3 = Sekiro >>>>>>>>>>>>DaS2
unfortunately haven't played DeS

7/10. better than bloodborne

Easily better than all of them, only game in the "series" with actually fun fluid combat even though it's still got a long way to go if it wants to compete with the big boys like NGB

poop, its not a souls game. Fuck off

Nowhere. It's not a souls game at all.
It's a tenchu game with souls elements, not the other way arround.

Shouldn't it be Sekisoulsborne now?

>Tenchu game
>doesnt punish you for getting caught or fighting in any way
>stealth is infinitely worse than in the first Tenchu

>everything From does is soulsborne
fucking zoomers

Attached: 1551846933587.jpg (1228x693, 108K)

How hard is this game really? I want to get it but if I'm just going to get frustrated and stuck right away I'm not sure.

Play the game, then have sex.

Whats the hardest action game you beat? Id compare it to God Hand's normal mode, maybe a bit harder

if you cant do a hard dark souls / bloodborne boss without summoning, exploits, or overleveling, its too hard for you

It does exactly what the first tenchu did. It was hard to just force your way through as samurai were pretty fucking strong.
Here is the same thing, if you get caught, it's better to escape. In a way, if you failed to assassinate your target 10 seconds in, you failed and it's time to leave.
The only difference with tenchu in that regard is the lack of alarm state metal gear style.

Now, stealth is worse than tenchu. So? that doesn't make it more souls like.

think ninja gaiden

you have to git gud with deflecting (not just blocking) otherwise you gonna have a bad time
or you can do the DS way and dance around but that will take longer time

Bloodborne = Dark Souls 1 > Demon's Souls = Sekiro > DS2 = DS3

If it had custom characters and builds it would be top tier, even without online.

This

it's easier than Souls

Except tenchu punishes retarded playstyles with a shitty rank which serves as a reason to perfect stealth instead of just running to the bosses which is easily doable. Sekiro does no such thing, the stealth is a completely optional afterthought

I haven't done any of those and I was able to finish it.

The game's insultingly easy actually. The parry and counter windows are the most generous of all the fromsoft games until this point, you get infinite stamina, revives and no xp loss on death.

Attached: look at this casul.jpg (242x200, 13K)

Parries in Sekiro are more like rolls in Souls than parries since you dont get fat damage from a parry you need to pull off a lot of them consecutively and the bosses are relentless compared to Souls not to mention 2 hits and youre dead despite reviving. Its way harder than any Souls

I beat Bloodborne including DLC. I was probably a bit overleveled though. I haven't played that many other recent games.

Bloodborne DLC is close but dont play it like Bloodborne, you will get punished really badly if you do since just about everything that works well in Bloodborne is at best subpar in Sekiro. Treat it like a new game and learn strategied from scratch and youll be fine.

>maybe a bit harder
So you just played the first level of god hand then dropped it huh
alright

I completed the KMS hard challenge. GH normal difficulty is incredibly overrated, even if you dont figure out the countless good ways to deal with normal enemy encounters you can just cheese everything with god hand/roulette moves and grovel

I would rank it a stupid game with stupid bosses. Can NOT beat the ape. Have the patterns down and everything. Simply cant outrun the stupid fucking leaping grab hitbox. Has killed me more than 25 fucking times. Game disk = broken.

Attached: 1546707792715.jpg (600x448, 83K)

>reason.
>rank
lmfao

Far better than Bloodborne, but nowhere near as good as Dark Souls 3

>muh extrinsic rewards
kys fag let me guess you never go for silent assassin in Hitman either?

?
BB is the best in series, this is known.

use the umbrella if you're too lazy to dodge the grab

Good ranks unlocked rewards in Tenchu, underage.

Rank is an extrinsic reward. It's shallow too.

No it isnt, extrinsic means tangible things like ingame items not simply a score given to you at the end. Calling it shallow is just fucking dumb honestly and doesnt mean anything.

I just beat the ape last night. I have no idea how the leaping grab works, it just felt like luck whether I got hit by it or not since running in any direction never really felt like a reliable way to avoid it. I felt the best way to beat the guardian ape was just to rush in and hit his legs from the side/back since then you only really get hit by a weak parryable swipe attack or the fart attack.

Last. It's just too lacking in too many aspects in comparison.

DS1 > BB >>>>>>> DS3 >> DeS >>>>> DS2 >>>>> Sekiro

Attached: 1528415446339.jpg (259x206, 16K)

I agree fuck bloodborne.

Sekiro > Souls > BB

at the bottom because it's short and has no variety

Holy yikes and ultra cringe

Something like this:
BB > DS1 = Sekiro > DS2 >>> DS3

Attached: 123141.png (3340x3176, 205K)

It is shallow and it is extrinsic. Jumping through score hoops for an item is amateur shit that reaffirmed its bad gameplay by tsk-tsking you if you didn't play the game the way they wanted (which was boring and waiting around).

You started out alright but DS3 last and Sekiro ahead of anything is yikes

It's not a Souls game.

The fags saying it's "missing" shit are retards judging a fish by its ability to climb trees.

Sekiro is its own thing. And as its own thing, it's the best game to come out in years.

>Genichiro kicking my ass
>Everything clicks
>destroy him in what feels like less than 60 seconds of constant sword clashes
This games combat is way above the soulborne combat systems, it feels orgasmic when you do well.

You really have to wait until the last possible moment before you get hit and then dodge.

>Sekiro is its own thing
Sure.
And Sekiro, being its own thing, would be better if it had any replayability or longevity.
Or if it had exploration worth anything other than ceramic shard #12985092
Or if it had more weapons, you could maybe use tentos or naginatas or w/e, that'd make it a better game.
Or if its stealth aspect wasn't half-assed.
Or if it had memorable music at all.

All of these are things you can bring up without even having to think about Souls, compare it to Souls or mention Souls.

What now, kid?

Attached: 1533593948417.jpg (599x322, 32K)

DS3 is last because it just pisses me off with how few risks and new ideas it brought to the table and how little ambition it displayed. I'm probably still in the honeymoon period for Sekiro, but it definitely feels like a solid game with great atmosphere and environments with fast responsive combat, it loses some points for the lack of customisability in armour/weapons, but it gains points in just how much new stuff it tries and how different it feels without kind of falling apart at the seams the way DS2 does.

Its not for an item the rewards arent vital and its easier to run past everything, its because playing for score is enjoyable in itself and feels cool in a way that running past enemies or engaging with the clumsy combat does not. If you dont like waiting around then stealth isnt for you even if Tenchus by far the most fast paced stealth game around. Theres nothing shallow about it as it encourages engaging with more of the games mechanics and adds risk reward elements that arent there normally, also discouraging easy degenerate behaviours. It also creates a skill gap between players

Pros
>combat that's so much better than the others it makes them look like a joke
>level design on par if not better than das and bb
>great atmosphere
>stealth while basic gives you fun ways of engaging in fights that are stacked against you
>challenge that has to be overcome through skill instead of summons or power levelling
>loads of skills and tools to spice up the core gameplay
Cons
>ball bustingly hard first few hours
>no online functionality, messages and blood stains would be cool and wouldn't take away from anything
>health upgrades feel meaningless because foes just keep getting stronger so you never feel like you can take any extra hits

Oh and all the cool shit being tied to very limited spirit emblems is just anti fun

Soulsborniro

BB > Sekiro > Demons > DS1 > DS3 > DS2

Sekiro's combat is fantastic, but the story/setting doesn't do as much for me as BB did

>Game takes away summons and being able to over gear and over level
>souls babs shit themselves and can't get past the first area
Loving every laugh

>sekiro over dark souls 1 or 3
Y I K E R I N O

I concur. BB has atrocious frontloaded difficulty that means things gets easier as the game progresses and the most simplistic combat in the series an this game beats it at everything it was trying to do gameplay wise.

The story is better than bb since it's actually told, but bb has way cooler lore and I love the setting. Although sekiros setting is cool, I hope we get an old hunters style dlc that delves into the supernatural stuff more.

If you wanted a Japanese game, Sekiro is a 10/10, but this depends on you. If you hate Japan, Sekiro is most likely the worst game you have ever played.

I don't understand why so many normies talk about Sekiro. It is as Japanese as a game can be. If you aren't familiar with Japan (and especially with Japanese history), you don't know how boring Japan was. Even the Sengoku era was a boring shit show because of social norms. The only reason some people like Japan is because Japan's history is the exact opposite of the left. A woman is only a tool and a man has to be a man. Also the social hierarchy was always a bitch. If you don't understand Japan's history you can't understand so many nuances of the game.

Also if you don't understand Japanese, this game loses like 99 % of it's charm. This game is literally /djt/'s wet dream.

Sekiro has way better combat and on par level desing to das1, the combats so good I don't mind missing out on dress up and basic weapon with slight moveset change 257. Das3 doesn't get to go above anything, at least das2 tried adding an actual ng +. Das3 was a lazy cash in.

I normally find jap shit cringe as fuck and im loving sekiro. The spooky ghost stuff and giant sneks and undying bug dudes, it's all really cool.

Japanese or not doesn't have to do with this game having shit stealth, mediocre level design, no worthwhile ng+ zero online (rip invading), no other weapons at all etc.

>no invading
>no ganking
>no online overall
god i just wanted to see someone seppuku himself as i invaded with my frens

What good are a bunch of extra weapons if the base combat is shit? I'll take one sword with good gameplay over 100 with shit gameplay.
>mediocre level design
Just admit you haven't played it or got hard filtered by ogre.

I really don't see how online would work very well with the combat and more vertical level design. I wish they tried though, even if it was just taking control of an enemy in the area.

I dont understand how souls vets get stopped by the ogre, those dudes are the most souls like enemy in the game. all of their attacks are easily dodged and have ample windows for attack after

t. Please buy my PS4

Even DaS 2, the worst Soulsborne game, is way better than Flopiro

>DS1 best FROM game
This meme must stop. This game is fucking SHIT after first 3 hours.

So why is it that no PVP is brought up as the main negative for sekiro, yet das2 is always ratted the worst when it's the only game of the lot that had good PVP where you could make anything viable?

Souls > Borne > -Oh > Whatever the hell this was supposed to be. Tenchu? Did anyone actually play Tenchu? Was is better than Sekiro?

Anyway I won't rank specific Souls games because I love all of 'em for different reasons.

bb>ds1>sekiro>ds3>getting pozzed by nigger aids>ds2
havent played demons

Ogre was ok

must admit i am struggling with the shinobi killer in the estate though

also the general after the ogre

any tips would be appreciated.. i already know i need to git gud

there is no secret strats for sekiro
you just have to get good at deflecting

Try reducing their HP to 0 while maintaining your HP above 0.

Sekiro is not a Soulsborne game and is largely incompatible, but..

It is way better than Dark Souls 2 and 3.

It is not quite on the level of Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne.

It is closest to Demon's Souls, if not quite as great.

Shinobi hunter isn't actually too bad, you need the mikiri counter skill though. When you see red kanji stand still and press dodge as he thrusts, you'll do big posture damage and get a free hit. Keep the pressure on him and stay calm, stay on the look out for the red kanji as that's your real opening and you should be fine. Take your time and learn how he fights because there are bigger badder spear guys later so what you learn here will help later. You can also stealth his first bar but that goes for all mini bosses. As for the General he's tricky, his attacks are pretty slow so you need to get used to parry far slower than is comfortable, when he sweeps jump in place and then press jump again to do posture damage to him, I think he also has a thrust that you can mikiri but just watch for the animation. Fire crackers are also a really big help for pretty much the entire game, if you don't have them you can buy them from the slightly hiddden vendor opposite the old lady that gave you the bell, he's on the little rocky hill with a bunch of crows.

Dark Souls 1 has given up everything now that Sekiro is out. Its combat, enemies, bosses, music, level design, narrative, etc, have all been taken by better games. The one thing it had was world design, and now that's been taken too. Dark Souls 1 is like this fat old whore past her prime that used to be a good time until better shit came along.

For me

DS1 > DS3 > Sekiro > DS2

Sekiro has really great combat but theres close to no atmosphere and the level / art design is meh tier.

The atmosphere of the souls games just isnt really found here and that feeling of exploration and tension when going round that one more corner just isnt there for me

its a shame

I'm going to let it marinate for awhile. It's definitely more rough around the edges than Bloodborne. I would say the stealth is straight up trash and i'm not impressed with the level design. Combat is almost objectively a step up from Souls and BB though, so are the bosses but i'm not too far into the game.

>health upgrades feel meaningless because foes just keep getting stronger so you never feel like you can take any extra hits
Being alive after getting hit is a huge upgrade. if you dont upgrade your health you start getting oneshot by bosses after genichiro.

Sure but what I mean is you never feel like the upgrade did anything since you get two shot at the start and with the upgrades you get two shot at the end. If that makes sense. For how tough some of these mini bosses are and the fact it takes 4 of them for one upgrade the upgrade feels tiny.

The upgrades are posture and gourd seeds.

>Among the Souls games
It's not a Souls game, let's get that out of the way.

But I'd say right now it's BB/DS1>DS3/Sekiro>>DS2>DeS.

Attached: 1551958457097.jpg (819x1024, 136K)

DS2 > DS1 > DeS > Sekiro > Bloodborne > DS3

Attached: 1547381156863.jpg (1029x1638, 1.09M)

For me it would be
Bloodborne>Dark Souls 1>Sekiro>Dark Souls 3=Dark Souls 2
Never played Demon's Souls

all the way at the bottom with SOTFS

Sekiro > BB = DS3 > DS1 > DeS >>>>>> ds2

BB = DaS1 > Sekiro > DeS > DaS3 > DaS2

Attached: 1553608434305.png (1750x1750, 1.1M)

Imagine the rage if they decide to make a sequel of Sekiro before BB2

It isnt a Souls game, it is like comparing Zelda to DeS. They both have lock on and shit, but they arent the same thing

>if they decide
From soft doesn't own he bloodborne ip so they can't decide anything.

Better than 2. Probably better than 3 aswell if I put my bias aside

Sekiro dlc soon I hope. I haven’t enjoyed a game this much in a while

Same here. The story has a cliffhanger, so I dont know if they will take that route (sounds more like a possible sequel to me), probably they will release other memory area

True. Sony may be waiting for the PS5 to do that.

>sequel in development most likely
>will inevitably end up being made by the B team
I'm not sure I want it

Attached: Homer_Simpson_Worried.png (628x475, 372K)

Are bloodborne fags the worst people alive?

Sekiro > BB > DS3 > DS2 > DS1 > DeS

Jumping around rooftops in Ashima castle and using my spear prosthetic to fuck those weeb birds; is the most fun I’ve had in a while

finally, someone competent spoke up, i second this

Yes. The fact it's an exclusive and also the only game the ps4 had for a very long time means that even people who don't like souls will rush to defend it and put it on an enormous pedestal. It's a fun game but it's nowhere near the perfect 10/10 people pretend it is, you can already see here how ridiculous it is that people are rating it above Sekiro.

If bloodborne was a multiplat it would be considered a solid 8.5/10 with loadscreens and frame rate as key issues on console

Those weeb birds are called roosters, user.

Sekiro's biggest issue is that the first 30% sucks, the next 70% is incredible, and then the game ends as soon as you're really feeling it

Nah negrito I’m talking about the japs dressed like birds and the kamikaze kite dudes

Oh my bad I’m a yakutatazu

>combat
3>sekiro>bb>1>des

>exploration
sekiro>1>des>bb

>everything else
1>des>bb>sekiro

Attached: weebs btfo.png (720x480, 712K)

>Or if it had exploration worth anything other than ceramic shard #12985092
Do you know how I know you didn't even beat genichiro the first time?

agree
retardation of the mind

5/10 for wasted potential and they should have used a brand new engine instead of altering souls mechanics

Only thing that can bump this game up to a 7.5/10 would be some godlike DLC like Bloodborne

Attached: 2 spooky.png (150x185, 15K)

Sekiro > DS3 > DS1 > DS2

This.

We all know you haven’t played the game

>compete with the big boys like NGB
HEAVILY AGREED!
I expected and WANTED Sekiro to be a new Ninja gaiden type game(2 on the 360 or black) and all i got was a mediocre souls type game with the same gimpy type of combat that on souls games have

Attached: 60a83fc0-bf43-11e3-993a-53f83ecad7b0_575430_10201261431122081_1249934205_n.jpg (400x400, 35K)

BB > Sekiro > DaS1 = DaS3 = DeS >>>>>>>>> a literal turd >>>>>>>>>>>>> DaS2

Dark Souls 1 has better music, world design and atmosphere than sekiro, nothing the latter comes close to the oppressive feeling of lower burg-depths-blighttown your first time

Sekiro also has way too fucking many bonfires holy shit it's actually a joke. You can skip almost every difficult encounter by sprinting past enemies and rushing forward because you're virtually guaranteed to find an idol.

Sprinting in general seems really poorly implemented, most enemies can't deal with infinite sanic speed, including Isshin. The fights are balanced around you being in arms reach of the enemy a majority of the time and when you refuse to play ball with them shit breaks down fast

keep seething pclet

Bloodborne fanboys cannot conceive that someone might have played and beaten the game and still found it lacking so the only defense against criticism they have is to accuse other people of being poor and not having a ps4

Really close, but I would put DeS on the level of BB and Sekiro, or perhaps above them. Players who started with any other games and then went back to play DeS would likely disagree, but only because they fail to realize (due to lack of experience) that DeS was the most breathtaking of all these games, given that it was the first one. Nothing has matched the hype I felt when first seeing the screenshots of DeS before it released and then playing that game for the first time. It was as intoxicating as I imagine a religious experience is for those people.

More boring than any of the souls games. Didn't enjoy my time with it.

how is ds3 better than ds2 ?
it has better bosses and thats it. its a literally boss run simulator with 0 soul.

Some of this is blatantly false. Late game bosses have a minuscule room for error when it comes to parrying their attacks.

>any criticism means you havent played it.
I just beat ragin bull and am now doing the estate to kill butterfly

Not that guy, but these games don't really have very good combat. The combat is serviceable, but nothing to write home about. The environments and art direction are basically half of the pleasure of the experience, and Dark Souls 3 is a much more visually interesting game than Dark Souls 2 is.

Attack, deflect counterattack, jumpkick sweep, mikiri counter thrust, dodge grab >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> roll roll roll R1 repeat

Actually feels like sword fighting and makes boss fights fun as fuck.

Never got to have a ps4, so I've never tried bloodborne

ds3>Sekiro>ds1>>ds2

I'm choosing ds3 to be on the top because I really loved the multiplayer experience there on top of the amazing bosses. Music in this game is great.

Sekiro's combat is the best of all 4, has amazing bosses too, though minibosses are kind of repetitive for me after the early stages. The map is better than ds3. Forgettable soundtrack.

I didn't love Ds1 for its clunky combat and stupid pvp, but for its level design, its interconnected map and overall atmosphere. I also loved the way it also told its story. Sadly though, going back to ds1, the combat is just too clunky and I'd rather play ds3 since I've already experienced and finished ds1.

Ds2 I don't know what made people like it, maybe I'll try it again if I have some time just to see if it's really bad. But for now it's the worst. (It's not bad tho, just not as good as the rest)

Dark Souls>Bloodborne>Demon's Souls>Dark Souls 3>Sekiro>Dark Souls 2

BB = DeS = Sekiro > DaS1 = DaS3 > King's Field 4 > Shadow Tower > DaS2 > KF3 > KF2 = KF1

I can guarantee that none of these people own a PS4.

Attached: 1539713620509.png (396x385, 131K)

I can guarantee you owned a ps4 when there was nothing to own on it except bloodborne

>Genichiro
>2 hours of autistic rage
>finally clicks and beat him without healing
Is this what those "hands-free orgasm" JOI vids are about?

Yes, and?

Attached: 1550768987486.jpg (888x894, 68K)

Yeah I can live with this

Attached: o32ih423.gif (220x165, 62K)

>our scanners say the air is safe, therefore we can proceed to go down from orbit in a shitty shuttle wearing jackets and camping hats

DS > BB >>>> DS3 > Nioh > Sekiro > DeS >>>>>>> DS2 > The Surge > Lords of the Fallen

>If bloodborne was a multiplat it would be considered a solid 8.5/10
If Bloodborne was a multiplat it would be rated even higher because the game wouldn't run at 20fps. I'd kill to play a remastered version with 60fps.

I just ran straight away from him and never got hit by the leaping grab

Dark souls 3 was way more boring than 2
It's the only one I cant be bothered finishing

Better than bloodborne worse than Darksouls 1

I feel like Sekiro did right what Bloodborne tried to do but sort of failed.
Bloodborne's lack of weapon variety and brown/gray atmosphere really ruined it for me, couldn't really get into it. Played through it once and never again, while I replayed all the souls games multiple times - even fucking DS2.

So Sekiro goes for the no weapon variety and barely any variety in environments, but does it right by making the bosses extra challenging, making combat more engaging, more unforgiving, and making the areas prettier.

For me, it goes
1. DS 1 for being THE souls game. Strangely, the rest of the games improve upon a lot of mechanics, are prettier, and control better, but still they don't feel like DS1 did.
2. DS 3 tied with Sekiro. I feel DS3's main strength was variety - weapon, armor, quest lines, areas. The amazing DLC and kino ending make it hard to top. Sekiro meanwhile is something new and interesting, though it has its faults - like the huge fucking disparity in difficulty (bosses really challenging dmg sponges, mobs piss easy). Still a great game.
3. Bloodborne - unique, fun, but lacks variety massively and is not as memorable the above.
4. DS 2, just a massive disappointment mostly. Did a few things right, but not enough.